Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Office [Pick-up/Drop-off Missions]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
FOmayqA.jpg

Number 10
Natsukawa Avaron​

A woman entered the office, she did not stand out greatly. Average in height and weight, the only thing notable about her was the streak of red in her otherwise black hair. She was chewing gum, from the look of it a rather large wad when she entered. She gave the old man a polite nod as she placed a slip of paper face down on the desk and slid it towards him. The writing was simple, written in ballpoint pen on an otherwise blank slip of paper. It was a notification of an intervillage examination hosted by the Daimyo followed by a wedding between the Otokage and his daughter.

There was no additional information, just dates and names and a location -- Soons Haven. The event was merely days away. The Daimyo had summoned shinobis from around the world, all of them to the same place at the same time. The Daimyo had been acting suspicious, the old man was privy to more than his fair share of concerns but he had also forgotten all of them but he had never lost his sixth sense that something was off. As he read the paper, the young woman walked out the the room as quietly as she had entered but not before tossing a gum wrapper into the garbage that missed the basket. She bent over and the basket was tipped. She set the basket back in place and left the wrapper in the bag. She was no longer chewing gum and gave the mission master a toothy grin as she departed.

The old man quickly jotted himself down a note - a description of the young woman who he had no name for on the other side of the paper she had delivered. He adjusted the frequency of his headset and made a call, he was looking for a Sennin or perhaps even the Kazekage. "Hello... Over. Hello? This is the Mission Master, I need a Sennin here immediately. I am in the Kazekage Tower Mission Office. Over."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OVA 1: 'Responding'| Mission Master Side Story said:
[col]It would not take long before the ANBU Sennin would appear through the threshold of the Mission Master's quarters.

"Hello, ANBU Sennin Tenken at your service. What is it you have to report, sir."

Last time he was a little less personable with the old man. The due diligence of the older timer was commendable, and with probably not that many more years left in the take he figured the least he could do is continue to give the relic of the past the respect he had earned. From behind his metallic mask, he would scan the area waiting to see what it was that brought him here today. Last time it was to bring a Genin to a torture show. What was today's request.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
Of course it is me... it is always me ;)
|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The old man looked at Tenken with shock, he had no idea why he summoned him. This was always troublesome but he had prepared for this eventuality, on the other side of the slip of paper the young woman who he already forgot the description of he wrote two things down.

Brunette chewing gum
Give to Sennin or Kazekage only

He slid the paper face-down acorss the table to the Sennin, the corners of his lips curved downward. He knew that soon enough he would not be the man he once was, he was barely that now. He could not remember what happened five minutes ago but he could remember twenty years ago with clarity and ease. But he felt that even these images and times were fading, his brain so addled that even he did not realize it. He was going to lose his mind and not even miss it.

On the other side of the paper it would be a verbatim copy of the invitation Kuro obtained. Well, near identical, it was hand-written and the writing was sloppy but it appeared to be a fair attempt.
[legend="[color=navy][b]Invitation[/b][/color]"]How dreadful are the curses which isolationism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as haemophobia in a warrior, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of government, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist because we have kept ourselves separated for so long. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. Thousands become the brave and loyal shinobis: all know how to die but the influence of our ethnocentrism and isolationism paralyses the social development of those within these tired nations. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world but fear of our brothers. Far from being moribund, shinobism is a militant way of life and we all have our secrets to keep but we can also extend out hand in good faith and friendship and with these bonds grow stronger together. It is for this reason that I extend to you, fellow warriors an opportunity to demonstrate your valor and your strength as we celebrate the union of two powerful forces to the west and south of your great respective nations.</B></COLOR></I></FONTFACE>
Daimyō Ishii Shirō

requests the honor of your shinobi's presence
at the marriage of his daughter

Ishii Sango
to
Otokage Kageoni Yami

Saturday, the fourteenth of May
On the shores of the Tear-Drop Oasis
in Soons Haven

This event will be followed by a reception
but preceded by an inter-village examination
and demonstration of one's skills and valor.​
<FONTFACE fontface="sans"><I><COLOR color="navy"><B>

[/legend]

I am supposed to give this to... you?

That was all he really had to say, he did not have any small talk to share. In fact he did not even know who he was talking to, he knew the name he gave and took it at face value. Sennin Tenken... the names these kids come up with these days.

[Just a quick handoff]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OVA 1: 'Responding'| Mission Master Side Story said:
[col]Tenken would take a moment to read both side of the letter, one seemingly being the scribbling of the old man and the other the handwriting of another. His eyes would scan the entirity of the message as the true meaning and implications of the contents were not lost on him. These exams and this wedding, it was all more than meets the eye. However, this gave him an opportunity, an in to get within striking distance. Was this probably some elaborate trap? Surely. But when opportunity knocks, you should answer. The only thing that bothered the Sennin was the note from the Mission Master.

His gaze would turn to the man as his mind tried to process why the old one would include the first comment. Was it merely to provide identification? Potentially. However, the Mission Master, in his brief lucid moments, was incredibly sharp. His only flaw was that those moments were entirely too fleeting. The ANBU's eyes would scan the area, finding the trash can and approaching it. The contents were sparse due to the lack of prolonged interactions. Since the old man had limited memory, there was no real reason to stick around to chat with someone who would immediately forget your conversation. Chalking it up as a hunch, Tenken would collect the entire little trash can and proceed to leave the room. His hand would go over his communicator as he prepared to alert the masses.

"Attention to all heads of the branches and captains. Information will be dispersed shortly that will require action, be prepared to meet immediately."

His hand would then switch the frequency to Sousuke's personal line.

"Kazekage, we have received a wedding invitation and world wide exam invitation. The location is Soon's. I assume you understand what that means. Direct the troops how you see fit, but I shall be heading out immediately."

TOPIC LEFT UNLESS STOPPED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
Edited to correct location error... heavy duty allergy meds got me all sorts of loopy
|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Tanaka Mori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mori approached the old man with Koba in one had and the surveillance equipment in the other. "I'm here to see that Hiko Koba is taken to the proper authorities along with this equipment he has been using to spy on Suna." Mori pushed Koba towards the old man and left the surveillance equipment on a desk. "Also, if he is to be interrogated by the Anbu, I would have it known to them that I, Tanaka Mori, caught this spy and I would like the privilege of joining their ranks." Mori turned to walk away. A new confidence in his step because he had crossed off an entry in the Bingo Book and he knew it would be the first of many.

OOC: This is the link to my mission. https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=709&t=49237

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She's dating my brother. Her and Kanashimi aredating?

Makoto had been the one elected to carry the scorpions to the mission office, after triple-checking the things were secure in their cages. It was a good thing he knew where it was and had been there before, as he made his way there in a vague daze.

They were flirting, of course. How did I miss it?

"Five shuriken scorpions, properly caged," he said to the man at the mission office, distracted as he put the cages down.

I am the world's densest empath. There's no other explanation. How the hell did I miss that my brother is dating someone I know while they were literally flirting right in front of me?

He would accept the pay in a daze, respond about just being distracted, somewhat absently, if any medical aid was offered, and wander off back to the hotel.

Yeah. I think maybe I'm still not doing so hot at that 'paying attention to people' thing...

[Mission Link, C-Rank Rewards x1.5; Entered/Left]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
2,500 Yen x 1.5 = 3750 yen gained

Why was it that people had a habit of bringing him horrible things in exchange for money? This was likely the second worst job in the world, the first belonged to the guys who brought said horrible things to him. He pointed to the furthest corner of the room, no use in tempting fate. He leafed through a small stack of yen and passed over the mercenary's commission. "Good job son." The ewxchange would be short and sweet. Money. Horrible creatures. He quickly grabbed his headset and left a message for a medic to pick-up the most recent delivery of scorpions asap.

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once again, he'd been the one selected to walk the last distance, as he was the one who knew the way and had the most goodwill built up. Or something that let the others get inside and cleaned up first. The fiends.

"Me again," Makoto greeted the mission officer. "Don't worry, no dangerous creatures this time. Just dead trees."

He hauled the 'sled' up so the intact load of lumber could be inspected for completeness. It had, in the end, been somewhat tiring to pull for that distance in the dry heat, and he was glad there'd been three of them doing it.

As soon as he collected the pay, he'd thank the man, and be on his way to clean the sand and sweat off himself.

[Mission Link, C-Rank Rewards x1.5; Entered/Left]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Totally did not see you there.

2,500 Yen x 1.5 = 3750 yen gained

The same mercenary strolled back into the old man's office. Twice in a row, this guy was going to make all of the other shinobis look bad at this rate. He mentally steeled himself in preparation for whatever monstrosity he was going to give him this time. Who gives a guy a bunch of scorpions? The game guy who would give him a jar of bees he concluded. Maybe a box of rabid squirrels. Still, there must be someone out there somewhere that wants them... for whatever reason. Makoto assured him otherwise as he dragged in a 'sled' of trees. Trees were a novalty here in Sunagakure, the nearest wooded areas would be along the northern fringe because even the coastline cannot boast a forest although they have the benefit of shade.

He thanked Makoto and passed him a small sum of payment.

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Picking up BINGO B Rank: Banpaia

Ayame stood in front of the tent. She squint her eyes, observing the place from the outside.
"Fire?" was her first thought, when noticing the darkened edges.
It was her first time here, first time doing missions for this village that she called home now. Sand was special.
She went inside the tent and saw the old man, sitting behind his desk. He looked happy for some reason. Unlike him, her face expressed no emotion. The girl asked herself if he was a shinobi, but decided not to ask him. It didn't matter, she was here for the mission.
She handed him the paper with the mission.
- I am Ayame. Here about the mission. Is he needed dead or alive?

OOC: I have to post here, picking up the mission, before doing it, right?

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The small boy made his way to the mission office, but someone was already there. A girl, but he paid her no mind. The boy placed a clipboard with a few papers and signatures on the desk before he spoke to the old man. " Mr. Takenawa has signed the confirmation on my part time work at his shop. Here's the papers."<i></i> as the boy spoke he looked over at her. She looked to be a Genin . He let'd out a sigh before looking back at the man for his payment.

Mission thread:https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=511&t=50976
Mission approval:https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3788&p=248064#p248064

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Why is it when I am on the other end of the Country you guys get ambitious?

There was a rather old, fragile-looking man sitting in a rather rigid chair - it had good lumbar support and that was all that mattered. His hands were thin and his skin was paper-thin, almost translucent but dotted with liver spots. The old man was humming to himself a rather off-tune song from his childhood, it was not very good even in its heyday. He looked up and saw the young girl, a paper in her hand and have the Genin a thin somewhat kindly smile, the sort of thing that one would expect from an old man. Good afternoon... or is it morning? The old man commented as he turned to look out the window before he turned back. Oh yes, I did not see you there. Good afternoon... or is it morning? He would look away a second time before repeating the process and a second young man would enter the room. His smile would widen, revealing a jack-o-lantern of a smile. Welcome the both of you.
[col]
Mission Board said:
Name: Banpaia
Village Affiliation: None
Current Status: None

Threat Level: B
Known Aliases: The Vampire

Description:

An albino, this strange and mysterious person has been called a vampire. We know or at the very least assume that he is human. Rather average in height, he stands at about 6 foot, however he has poor posture making him appear several inches shorter. In addition, his eyes are rather distinctive - they glow in the night a deep red color.

Type of Fighter:

Believed to be a vampire, Banpaia sucks the chakra and life energy from his victims. He is also believed to be a powerful genjutsu user.

Charges: Assault. Murder

Description of Charges:

Reported by several victims as a man who lured them into a dark ally and then attacked them. The report has come from men and women alike, each with the same description. Several were found in an extremely weakened state in the morning (as this 'vampire' hunts only at night) but they died from their injuries ultimately. When examined the victims were found to be near death in terms of both chakra and life energies, a strange phenomena indeed.
|The girl handed him a paper, it was one of the BINGO pages from the Mission Board. It was uncommon for someone to ask for permission to accept a mission but every once in awhile someone would come seeking additional information.

I am Ayame. Here about the mission. Is he needed dead or alive?

The old man would place his spectacles on the bridge of his nose and he read the slip of paper. He let out a breath of air in a single puff, like a half laugh as he completed his daily reading. Edgy kid... bet he writes poems about death and sleeps in a coffin as well." He thought for a second before he answered her question directly, it is harder to take back a kill than it is to realize an error and finish what has been started. It was less an order and more a word of wisdom. When someone kills, they might be in the 'legal' right doing so but in making that choice you end someone's story, perhaps prematurely. You cannot take it back, the things you did and it might end up being the wrong choice but it also might end up being the right one all along but it is an unnecessary gamble. So your choice there he concluded knowing it was likely that she would simply end her opponent with a kill if she succeeded in capturing him. She was young and indifferent, something he took from the expression or rather lack thereof one on her face. Talking her out of it or into something else would have been a needless difficulty that would have resulted in poorly placed animosity.

After all, some people find peace and doing well by others as boring, a man with his experience would have to disagree. Life was more intense, more interesting and more beautiful because of life and the absence of life or death battles. That it was the mark of a hero to not end the story of another so early when you might be able to save more than the just a damsel but also another lost soul. Killing to kill. Killing to savor the thrill of battle and the fear of death. Fun when you win. Devastating when you lose because you only lose once when lives are being bartered. Stories end quick when death is the conclusion, truly boring, isn't it?

Best of luck Ayame (He allows her to leave without intervention but she can do as she wants)[/col]

The young man with unruly white hair dropped off a clipboard with a variety of signatures. The old man leafed through them with a mundane interest. Seemed like the young man had a latent interest in weapon making. Hmmm... He hummed as he licked his index finger and flipped to the next page. How old are you? If he answered or failed to do so, it mattered not. The boy had probably not even reached puberty yet if he was as old as assumed, still young enough. Seems like you have seen some nice weapons. Might be able to cut some butter, saw through a loaf of crusty bread, perhaps even pry off a bottle-cap with some of their work. He slid the forms back towards Hoseki and unlocked the top drawer of his desk from which he retrieved a small iron box that too was locked. With a single twist of a key that was around his neck attached only by a lanyard he opened the small case and retrieved the yen Hoseki earned. (Mission Reward Yen has been added to your bank.) Good job he announced allowing Hoseki a chance to leave. As Hoseki would start to leave the old man would make one final mention, you have any interest in making weapons or is it just an after school job for you? (Hoseki allowed to leave or he can bite)

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"More of after school job."<i></i> as the boy spoke he raised his hand the create crystal claws, but as quickly as they formed they disappeared. The boy began to walk away when he remembered a slip one papers has had from the academy. He turned around and handed the man the other paper from his pocket. "I almost forgot about this."<i></i> He almost forgot the other mission had completed. After he would receive all our his yen he would leave.

Approval: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=248719#p248719
Completion: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=506&t=51050

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Very good the elderly gentleman replied as he accepted the slip and examined the words. He opened up his small iron box a second time and counted the full sum. Looks like the kid was making more in his after-school job than most do when this is their full time career. Another three-thousand yen disseminated with a smile. I look forward to your return, son." He would clap the lid closed and return the box to his locked drawer. There was not that much in there but it was still kept under lock and key, too many young deviants with magical powers running amuck these days. Back in his time he had to tromp through sand that was three feet deep uphill both ways.

[Paid] [SHOO]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Although not fully recovered, Shoma lives the his hospital room in quite early in the morning, too early for the liking of his Master Ava. Therefore, she would not know of his absence from his room. Upon reaching the tent, the Samurai simply nods to the elder. Words may follow should the man have greetings or thoughts to exchange. But socializing is not the purpose of his visit. Shoma had been blessed with yet another chance to be of use, and it was time to serve on the front lines. Sifting through some of the forms he catches sight of a few profile that greatly alarm him. After reading each one, he rereads them once more before a plan of action comes to him. He selects his first method of service to the community of Suna.

Name: Mina
Current Status: Wanted Dead or Alive

Threat Level: A
Known Aliases: The Ghost

Description:
A troubled youth, Aoi has spent most of her life in an asylum. Her violent proclivities became too much for Mina's parents to handle when she a young child after she killed two of the families servants and their family cat. The aforementioned were found crucified and gutted in the dining hall of their home. She has grown increasingly wild and blood-hungry over the years. In such a sterile environment she never healed and but was never sent to the Obsidian Palace because she could be restrained or so they thought. In a drug-induced stupor it is believed that she was cheeking her medications because one day seemingly out of the blue she attacked and killed several Orderlies before she broke out of the Asylum.

Physically she stands out because of her very pale appearance and large eyes. It is unknown what attire she would wear because she has not been socialized in some time, it may be safe to assume that she would remain in her hospital clothes.

Type of Fighter:
She rips and tears with her long claw-like fingers which are natural.

Charges: Assault; Murder

Description of Charges:
Considered insane, she was hospitalized in the Asylum as a youth after she killed two servants and a family pet. She remained medicated in the Asylum for many years before she eventually escaped but when she escaped a few days ago she took the lives of 5 orderlies. They were found eviscerated and it is possible that parts of their intestine were consumed but we cannot be sure of this as it may only be that their innards were badly damaged.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was Yanjirou's first visit to the old man's tent, a number of shinobi, mercenaries, and other bounty hunters flocked to this little place in seek of glory, fortune, or whatever else they may have in mind. As for the young Byakko, he simply wished to get back into practice. Considering his encounter with a group of contract beasts, it had been far too long since he was truly pushed to his limits, and the variety of opponents he'd fought was few. As for the bounty in question, this "Banpaia" seemed to have very similar abilities to that of Kuzo - a member of the shark contract who was able to absorb chakra. He'd simply gotten lucky during his battle with the beast, and would have to find a more efficient way of dealing with such a dangerous foe.

"I believe you've put a price on this man's head?" The boy asked, approaching the old man as his turn came to pass. Uncertainty of how this whole agreement worked between the old man and the village caused confusion with the boy, and he wasn't really sure of who set up the bounties. It was likely - however - that the man would understand his intentions.

Mission Approval: https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&p=258445#p258445
The Cabal said:
Name: Banpaia
Current Status: None

Threat Level: B
Known Aliases: The Vampire

Description:

An albino, this strange and mysterious person has been called a vampire. We know or at the very least assume that he is human. Rather average in height, he stands at about 6 foot, however he has poor posture making him appear several inches shorter. In addition, his eyes are rather distinctive - they glow in the night a deep red color.

Type of Fighter:

Believed to be a vampire, Banpaia sucks the chakra and life energy from his victims. He is also believed to be a powerful genjutsu user.

Charges: Assault. Murder

Description of Charges:

Reported by several victims as a man who lured them into a dark ally and then attacked them. The report has come from men and women alike, each with the same description. Several were found in an extremely weakened state in the morning (as this 'vampire' hunts only at night) but they died from their injuries ultimately. When examined the victims were found to be near death in terms of both chakra and life energies, a strange phenomena indeed.​

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I had no idea that you posted in here -- POKE ME.

IC:

The old man who sat behind the worn desk had seen better days. His frosty blue eyes seemed to stare past the young Byakko into the abyss. He motioned the young man to sit but it mattered not if he did. "Dead or living-dead?" The old man queried. Yes, he heard about that one, some vampire-kid that was likely a part of some blood cult or a cliche. The old man would wait for some proof of the deed -- a severed head, an item that obviously belonged to the wanted youngster, or perhaps the young man himself. The later-most was almost always preferable, it gave the people an oppertunity to render what they viewed to be 'justice.' It was really nothing more than mob mentality but it was good for the common collective. It was odd how his health was failing but his mind felt clear these last few days. Here is your compensation, good job."

[Paid.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back