Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Moon [Open]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
US3akCU.png

Silence. One of the best parts of the day, the best feelings you could feel after getting a work up through the day. Hustle and bustle of the workforce in rebuilding the life that he would hold strongly for the future of this land. This was... Yasu's land, or rather this was a land created in which Yasu loved very deeply. He claimed his home with every fiber of his being and held true the thoughts of hsi forefathers before him from which they created these lands and these peoples. Sitting atop the mountain overlooking his home, this was indeed an opportunity to look back at everything that made him into the budding man he was to become.

'...Beautiful.'

His thoughts ringing in, and raining upon him as he continued to sit within the ANBU Garbs of his established persona. 'Chinmoku' Or 'Silence' was his key name and it was by the laws of this land that he would begin to live without the fears that proceeded his youth. Even as he looked down upon the hand that had been forcefully amputated at a tender young age, he would smile from behind his mask being ready for those challenges that would continue to come his way. The ability to overcome any obstacle, and the fervor to push through for the future would be seemingly unmatched with the peers that he'd met thus far.

Seeking within himself the more, wondering what else he could do to push this village to more prosperity, this young man felt as if he was bound to ANBU, tethered to duty above all else and privileged with a sort of inclination that he could live behind this mask, and be someone else without it. A man with the ability to change the stars if he set out to do such a thing... Hell, he could alter the moon with enough force, to create a peace and tranquility that seemingly would go beyond those childish ideologies of those academy years.

"...What can I do..."

So there he would sit... awaiting fate to intervene on his life for once. Maybe he would find the answers within himself to be better than he'd ever known himself to be. Maybe he would find some dark secrets that he'd never known. All in all, as Yasu kicked a rock over the ledge watching it fall over the suspended rocks and carved granite, the ultimate notion of Shinobi-hood would surface from deep within. 'Am I doing all I can to make the people around me safer? Or am I becoming complacent...', troubling thoughts... troubling indeed.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei walked silently from her compound from the exit nearest the Hokage Monument. She had somehow persuaded her summon to remain home for the night. Last she saw Kayo, she was curled up on a couch cushion and putting up with her kitten Mouna curling up between Kayo's tail and body. They really were cute together and Hoshirei swore to attempt to find a camera if they ever decided to cuddle again. Not that Kayo would ever admit that she deigned to cuddle with a cat.

Evening in Konoha always lends toward quiet reflection, especially from the top of the Hokage Monument. The diffused sound of the people moving about, getting their last couple items for the next day's meals, maybe heading home from class or from work. The fact that the civilians felt comfortable enough to move around in a normal manner made her feel a little lighter. There was so much darkness in the world at large, but at certain times, Konoha almost felt like a little haven, their little oasis amidst the trees.

When she arrived at the top of the monument, she saw that she was not alone in her musings. The person she came across had an ANBU mask that she didn't fully recognize, though it seemed vaguely familiar from paperwork. Hoshirei made sure to allow her steps to make noise so she didn't startle the person, though they could probably sense her anyway, who really knew with the ANBU unless you were somehow given permission to know them beyond their mask.

She stopped a little over five feet away from the other person and silently looked out over Konoha. The lights were certainly pretty and only added to the calm ambiance of the cool night. "Good evening, ANBU-san," was all she said to the other person, giving them the opportunity to speak more if they wished.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Etched in the sky, the stars that would be changed with the light of the sun in the coming day... but some days he felt as if he could be anything in this world. And his limitations were something that were simply mortal... but the world he lived in. There would seem to be super mutant mortals with pseudo-immortality, humans with beasts within them... It all was outstanding when you thought about the possibility with the lack of all this.

'...Interesting.'

His thoughts would recourse themselves, motioning until he felt something change in the ground below. His body shifted, but only to focus on the coming individual. He could feel the slight pressing against the dirt as it would shift under the beings feet. 'Delicate, light. Though strong. A strong woman... A very strong woman is coming.' Nodding he would turn and show his singular honey-dew brown orb from behind the mask. Looking up to her as he would lift himself to his feet before bowing.

She was a member of the Main Branch, Or at least he'd seen her around. He didnt know her name, but she was well respected. Thus, he would show her the same respect.</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino"> "Indeed Miss. I am Chinmoku." he'd speak in a full bow as he'd move his eye away from her looking back out to the distant village."...Its a beautiful site. Our Home. However, what brings you out here, If I may ask?" moving his head back in her direction, this time looking for her facial features, wondering if she would give away things about her personality, as an ANBU he took note of different people, note-worthy but he knew she could be trusted. Her foot steps werent those of a killer. They were of purpose, like she knew a great deal already about the world she lived in.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei was surprised yet pleased when her companion addressed her. He had a rather interesting eye color, one of the palest greens she had ever seen. Her own amber eyes were certainly a different shade from their previous emerald green. She swept her long, black hair over one shoulder as she sat on the ground, over looking the village. "Well met, Chinnoku. My name is Hoshirei. As for my presence here, it has long been a favorite activity of mine to over look the village. I try to do so at least once a month. It is an interesting feeling, being part of and yet separate from everyone down in the village."

She picked up a nearby twig and started doodling in the dirt in front of her crossed legs. "It reminds me, at times, of growing up in the village. I was certainly part of the village, but always felt some kind of barrier between myself and my peers. It has gotten easier to allow myself to bask in the glow of friendships as I have grown older, but children can certainly be horrible to one another," she cut off with a sigh. "One can only hope to teach the newest generation the best we can, eh? However, there are always those who refuse to learn and it is disappointing they make that choice."

Her brow furrowed and countenance darkened as she remembered her husband coming home from being tortured and everything that had happened since. Things certainly had changed. She turned her face more toward Chinnoku and smiled softly, "What about you? What was your experience growing up?"

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yasu smiled from behind his mask, being able to feel the amount of passion within this woman from her tone and how she simply spoke of their home. Though harkening back, 'Hoshirei. Hoshirei.' placing the name to memory and remembering it well. Her activities seemed to place her mixing words with this man on this fateful night. Nothing like the mingling of comrades in times of peace and tranquility. Tomorrows woe's were not to be bothered with at this time but tonights passion for looking through a future's glory seemed like something that could be done without the banter of worry. Thus, they would have a nice back and forth about it in the end but Yasu wanted to give this woman her chance to speak. And Speak she did.

He agreed, as such he would nod solemnly with her ideals as she would tell the story about how she grew up in this land. Flourishing with doubt within the peers and the mentality that would hold back the growth of youth. It was quaint to think about, with all the necessities coming about though the eyes of someone just simply trying to be noticed</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino"> "Aye... We can only hope." he'd respond to her obvious open ended questioning, but still being engaged in the conversation was something he didnt often feel like he did, being the quiet one would mark him as someone that didnt like to converse but that was wrong. He just enjoyed listening, it was something he was paid to do as well...

'The barrier... I felt it as I was young too... being different than others makes you into an outsider. Though we must not allow it. By any means necessary to bring together a nation.' his thoughts ringing in as Hoshirei would speak but it was nice to think that there were people who had differing views and upbringing, but similar in the light that they would be born in the same village as he. Such a small space to be born into, with such a difference in contrast.

"I see, well... growing up my parents were quite strict. They didnt allow me to do a whole lot outside of training when I became old enough for it. Though, once I joined the academy I was able to make a few friends...", thinking to himself for a moment he'd look back over the city imagining that his friends were still out there but alas he held their bodies in his hands as they took their last breaths, so an action such as that would never be so. Not without nefarious means. "However, those friends are gone... and I've long since devoted myself to seeing that the future of this village is ushered in without a hitch but also working to make them as proficient and to groom their natural talents. I do have ideas... things that could bring together the branches... things that could be used in tandem with one another. Making sure to ensure that knowledge is passed..."

He paused for a moment, thinking to himself and huffing leaving the air open for her to ask if she so wanted to.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei listened as he described his family and she could almost feel an old sorrow when he mentioned losing his friends. She did appreciate his attitude concerning moving forward. When he mentioned ideas to help the branches come together, her curiosity was piqued. "You have ideas? We are always interested in the ideas of our fellow shinobi." She paused for a moment and then brought a hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose. "I'm the head jounin of main branch. Asuka, the sennin, and I welcome all ideas. It might take time to implement them, or it might need tweaking, but all ideas are welcome."
__________________________________________________________________________________________
OOC: Terribly sorry about the crap quality of the post/slow answer.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Smiling from under his mask, the smiles that were not to be seen could often be felt in a way but shaking his head the ANBU would sigh oddly before standing to his feet, maybe it was because things had a different and wavering way of working when dealing within the confines of ANBU. Different lines and branches of command. Though, what was stopping him from expressing his thoughts to another being? Especially when it wasnt of any important intel, it wasnt like Yasu was someone that held any power here...</FONTFACE><FONTFACE fontface="palatino">

"Aye...Ideas. A system that would ensure that students learned and were put in the position thrive by expanding their skills. While bolstering our numbers in the branches because it'd make people versatile, but it would allow more communication between branches... Or at least... Thats the goal." Yasu'd chuckle to himself for a moment before turning to Hoshirei, "Well I'll be seeking a council with my superiors soon and maybe you'll get an official write-up once I have the details down to a stitch. I dont like half-assing anything I do.", nodding again his perfectionist side spewing out for a moment, but alas this was a woman that had his respect because of her position... Maybe he would be inclined to tell more depending on the circumstances... but who knew. ANBU were so hard to read...

"Though, Miss Hoshirei... What do you think of the premise?"

[OOC: Its okay. Let me know if I can do anything to help...]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei listened to his explanation of what he thought would make a good learning system for the youth. It was certainly in the very earliest of stages and strongly reminded her of what was already in place. It did bring to mind a thought, though it was still something that would need hammered out and worked into something more solid.

"The premise has some promise. Like you said, it will probably need to be fleshed out before it could even hope to be implemented. Encouraging our students to broaden their horizons, whether by learning more type of jutsu or gaining experience doing things with different branches could, at the very least, help our forces feel more connected. Communication has been okay, but is certainly one thing that can always be viewed from an angle of improvement.

"I think I would have to have some examples of how to implement before I would feel comfortable bringing it to my sennin, but your idea has merit. As a trial, perhaps having some of your fellows run classes based more on what is expected of a member of your branch could be worthwhile. I know there are some techniques that are allowed to be learned by anyone. Perhaps the classes could focus on those things?"

Her mind was whirling with ideas on how to begin entwining some of the basics of the other branches into her own. Asuka's new organization of the branch would make this an interesting prospect. They would still need to encourage the children that they can help the village and those around them as much remaining in the main branch as they could within the other branches.
______________________________________________________--
WC: 278

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Thinking to himself for a moment he would find that things within the empty space, had no merit on the woes and calamity that was this realm of time. What did that matter on a night like this? Nothing, the ramblings of a man were nothing until the actions of that man were put towards a purpose. What was the action of a man with no purpose? Dangerous. Criminal even. They were merely figments of time that were held and atoned for with no way of escaping the thoughts that created them. And as it was told Yasu was a man without the purpose, but tonight it would seem that he'd gained a bit of steam... who was he that he could not save the people of this land with a wave of a hand. To put his life on the line was not enough, for life in the end had to have meaning to hold merit through death.

At the end of one's life there had to be something stated for the causes it was lived for... and little did Hoshirei know, her positive feedback was something that Yasu had thus yearned for, hoped for, and needed. And he would definitely look out for her as she had freed him from the callouses that would form from a dream deferred.</FONTFACE>
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino"> "...Perhaps. Maybe we can schedule a meeting to flesh out more details. More heads are better than my simple one. Thus maybe there can be the beginning of that bridge between the branches, as things maybe keen now, but for the growth of a nation maybe there can me... More done to allow better freedoms with teachings. Say, Medical teachings in the Main Branch, Gate Protocol for the ANBU... so on and so forth..." And thus it was stated, he was excited but he could not show it... thus he would continue his cool tone.

'Hybrid units... or even specialized cores that are even more specialized than ANBU And Medics or Main Branch... Hmm, Maybe I'll mention it... we shall see.', thinking to himself though, the want to divvy out more information over time. Maybe this would grow more congruent with the proposed meeting? Who knew... but this was simply a talk with a Jounin and an ANBU. The first of the two being of higher status, alas... it wasnt about to be anything less than extraordinary if this worked out...

[Sorry for the wait]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[OOC before getting into it: My goodness..... sorry for taking so long to reply.... I'll close this thread so it's not in limbo anymore... Again, sorry.]

Hoshirei silently sat, watching the village while her new ANBU acquaintance thought over what she said. When he finally responded, she nodded in agreement. "It should not be too difficult to have the lot of us meet up sometime. In the meantime, we should both think about which changes need to be made sooner rather than later and ideas on how to implement the changes. I look forward to receiving ideas from a different perspective than my own."

With that, Hoshirei stood, brushed off her pants and made to leave. "Oh, if there is anything I can help with in the interim, I am often found in my office or my clan's compound and should be easily found at either location. I'll send a missive when I've scheduled the meeting. See you around, Chinnoku."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back