Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Morgenröte [Entering Country]

Hayashi Sayuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIwbusbN1g

Two years have passed since that day. Two years of hard training, in which Sayuri developed into an extremely powerful and dangerous Chakra user. This linked with her dark past makes her an imponderable existence. At times she displays a very calm and kind behaviour. Other times her hatred might take over, devouring anything in her path within seconds. That is what Eiji is there for though, to keep the Hayashi girl on a path they can travel together. One that allows morality and love to sustain. A luxury to most Shinobi bound to villages. Not to mercenaries however who can decide their lifestyle freely.

Shrouded by mufflers and cloaks that were originally worn to protect from sandstorms, the fast-paced duo entered Lightning country from the only landmass possible. Passing through Marsh country was no pleasant task. The poverty in this country was only surpassed by the narcism of its leaders. Marsh and its suffering citizen are the result of an insatiable hunger for power like we have experienced so often in history already. Apparently one of the most repeated mistakes human kind has to offer, also definitely a costly one. More than often that desire releases the chains of war.

No one really stopped the Fire country pair, though a strong military presence along main roads and within cities did feel a little...oppressive. Sayuri did not know much about politics and their ways yet, as she was just newly unleashed to this world. Eiji who was well educated during his childhood may have more knowledge to share on the status quo.

A change in climate introduced the border to Lightning country. Finally. Eiji's adventures had come to an halt when he found the Forest girl in the desert. After two years he was finally able to continue his journey. His goal was to see the world for himself, to see everything in its true nature, not bend or perverted through protection by his family, a government, or walls. Sayuri on the other hand had no goal. Her desire for her own strength to grow is an almost natural reaction to what had happened to her. But what did she want to achieve in her life? She had no answer to that or rather she did not understand the answer. Mental pain and nightmares are constant companions which she wants to part ways with. One remedy kept coming up in her mind every now and then in those training years: the death of her father. It would surely calm her mind, easen the burden she has to carry on her little heart. This thought turned into her doctrine over the years. Eventually she believed to understand her answer. One she did not share with her only Nakama so far. Perhaps the only secret between the two.

'Eiji-kun, is this Raiden's Eye!?' A large city unfolded before her brown eyes. Clear vision on the city was disturbed by snow, lots of snow. Having been in Wind country for so long, this weather deemed to be a rather drastic change. Sayuri almost regreted the absence of Barynx's hospitality, almost. As they headed deeper into lightning country thusly closer to the largest city within it, their tempo diminished when more and more people crossed their path. Among them mainly travellers and caravans with merchants. This was their first contact to the outer world. They would finally hear what happened to Konohagakure during their abidance in Wind country. Many other information would fall into their hands here, to the better or worse.

[Country Entered; MFT]

Senhyakku Eiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Having gotten so used to the sandy underground it was nice to have been on the road again. Eiji's times spent in Suna taught him many things. Two years of living in a single spot can tune your mind and body to it in ways you wouldn't have time to think. He couldn't remember the last time he asked or commented about the weather, but now passing across all of the most sporadic and tempermental weather lands, the topic of weather had come up a lot. It was a penthouse suite improvement from his solitary days to have someone to talk to in the first place.

He definitely learned many habits and tendencies of his new sister on their journey to the Lightning Country. Eiji surmised the following: two spirits must inhabit Sayuri, one of an ember that brightens the camp and warmes a merry camping party, and one of a wildfire that parades triumphantly in awe of its own potential. Given any unseen fuel the ember could at any moment brandish its bravado, so Eiji had appointed himself as her personal firefighter, for the safety of everyone involved. Although a taxing task, it was truthfully tit for tat. Holy Eiji wasn't without holes in his own armor.

The way from Suna to Raiden's Eye was no walk in the park. Eiji's golden tongue and platinum smile was no use to them without people around. Not a soul was to be found. With only each other to rely on, the journey was undoubtably a hard one. Eiji looked forward to failing at the basics of scavenging and hunting because he always reiterates that "Anything worth being good at is always worth being bad at first!" Although an upbeat attitude didn't keep them full 100% of the time, it sure warded away madness. His positivity shined so bright that when the end comes for him, looking for a bitter old man in pain and in obvious need of peace, death will think he got the wrong address.

Passing through the Marsh Country was exciting for Eiji. He had never seen such impoverished living before. Although unversed in the cloak and dagger ways of politics, the Senhyakku merchant clansmember was no fool when it came to finances, so he understood the situation around him clearly. He always held a deep admiration for people who lived without convenient means because he felt that their character would strengthen to balance it out, much like losing a kidney will make the other swell up to pick up the slack. Walking through the marshy lands with a notebook, pencil and a face like a kid at christmas eve, Eiji sponged in all the information about this world as he could.

Having miraculously managed to stave off starvation for their whole trip to the lands of the Lightning Country, Eiji couldn't help but scream "We made it!" with his hands thrown up in the air as in having reached a sacred promised land. He felt that if he could go from a to b, then he could get to everywhere the world had to offer, one letter at a time. "We're the master travellers of the world!" he boasted hugging Sayuri. But they weren't home safe yet, so they soldiered onward.

At long last, over the crowds of merchants, tourists and citizens walking every which way around them, the magnanimous entrance revealed itself before the two mercenaries. "Eiji-kun, is this Raiden's Eye!?" Eiji simply nodded with tears in his eyes, unable to express his emotion in words. Finally among people again, Eiji was wondering what new friends he could make in this village. With nothing but hope ahead of them, he grabbed Sayuri's hand and ran...

[Country entered; MFT]

Hayashi Sayuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Random

Having travelled into the very center of the village, they had all ways open to them. Raiden's Eye has a lot to offer, especially to those with a little extra coin in their pocket. Obviously the blonde and his girl were not so fortunate to possess such wealth. After seeing what men payed women to do here, and what women did to lure men into these situations, Sayuri simply hoped to never have greed take over and control her actions. Her desire complements with vengeance more than anything materialistically oriented anyway. Perhaps a blessing in this rotten society.

As the night slowly conquered the day, the duo sought shelter in the poorer quarters where they could affored a room to stay. Making their way through the streets, they were constantly accompanied by the sounds of full taverns and drunkards. Barely dressed women tried to win Eiji as a customer every now and then, one even attempting to slap his ass as the Senhyakku kindly rejected the offer to enter the 'club' she worked in. The scenery quickly changed to indigence, silence struck the streets here at night. Happiness was a seed ungrown for those people here. No money more problems. Without perspectives or ways out of this misery, becoming what the state defines as criminal is apparently the only door unlocked. Maybe it was time for a revolution or a safe haven for those unwanted and unloved.

With a hand continously near her Kunai, the Hayashi girl stopped right next to Eiji as the two have found a cheap motel for their night. If you had watched enough horror movies, you would not dare enter this bizarre building. By now the midnight blue haired lass wondered if Eiji's enthusiasm has been attenuated to thin air. Reality has this effect on overly good souls. It crushes their utopic imagination with its cold truths. This is why the green-eyed left his patronizing birth place anyway, to face this merciless world. I bet he never imagined it to be this bad though. Sayuri on the other hand had other reasons to be out here.

Flashback

With more strength came more confidence within her, ultimately allowing her to talk about the past with her newly found brother. This was a topic opened and closed only once however, so Eiji had only this one chance to extract all the information he deemed worthy to understand Hayashi Sayuri even better. 'My mother died when I was five', did she suddenly start as they had a break from their training inside the huge cave known as Sunagakure. 'I barely remember her face' Was this it? Would she share her biggest burden with him now? Surely it would depend on how Eiji reacted and what he asked as this displayed to be a very difficult subject for the young girl.

Back at the Motel

Upon opening the Shōji door and entering the building, the wood covered floor greeted the newly arrived guests with its creaky hymn. A melody that varied from step to step.
'Konban wa~' Two glowing eyes in the dark welcomed them. 'What can I do for you~ ? A room? Dinner? Tehe~' Did the receptionist add, tilting his head forward into the light. Despite posing no threat to the two mercenaries, this guy was one scary motherfucker. Sayuri placed herself right behind Eiji, spying the situation from behind the Water Adept. He would have to do the talking as this was a man, and a spooky one too.

[mft]

Senhyakku Eiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eiji rushing through the city with a tight grip on Sayuri's hand, the sheer abundance of foreign, never before seen exotic environment taking the boy's adventurous heart beyond the stars and the Fuji girl's hand tethering his responsible mind to earth. His spirit in between was in heaven. The poor girl was dragged from one run down souvenir boutique to another. He couldn't help but marvel at the cultural clay dolls and the strangely shaped cloud of sugar they were selling in the center bazaar of the village. Like a bug drawn to a light, he made a beeline towards the cloud treats. Eiji's family was said to be so good at making money, they could rub two coins together and make another. The blonde boy had this ability as well. His positivity, confidence and unparalleled customer service and near obsession with making people happy was an almost scientific formula for wealth. Unfortunately he loses money just as quickly due to this same altruistic work ethic, to which his partner could testify. It was due to sheer luck they had any money, but that wasn't going to stop him from blowing the rest on candy.

"How much is that cloudy snack, sir!" A shifty eyed head tilt hesitation came from the rotund merchant, "the cotton candy? he asked, "Cotton candy, Sayuri! It's called cotton candy! he repeated, tugging on her shirt with one hand, pointing at the pinkish treats with the other. "...2000 yen" spilled the words out from behind a professional poker face. The people around chuckled kiniving snickers under their breaths. They all knew the deal. Tourists are to be taken advantage of as much as possible, and it was even considered stupid not to take advantage of them. What made it worse was there was a huge sign in the colloquial language reading "cotton candy: 200 yen" right in front of Eiji, but he couldn't read it. Still, his bargaining brain kicked in "WHAT!?...There's no way that's 2000 yen!" The shopkeeper shamelessly raised his palms facing the two mercenaries in a 'you caught me' gesture ready to confess, "You deserve 4000 for introducing this cotton candy creation to me, sir! Your prices are far too modest! Everyone around was silent for a while as Eiji held out a handful of cash with conviction. He dropped his arm a bit after a while and a face of confusion came over him as he looked around at the gaping mouths of the silent crowd around them. He turned to Sayuri, "Is this money not good here? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! The bazaar errupted in laughter. The only ones not laughing were the two foreigners. They didn't know it, but a crowd full of laughing peasants in the town center is a rare sight to see. Jokes in a foreign language flew left and right "Hey I'll have one too! Just let me take out a mortgage on my house and sell my kidneys! AHAHAH" "No No! It isn't your money that isn't good here kid! It's your brain! HAHAHA" "You hear that!? You are being too modest, man! Didn't you know I sell my potatoes at a million a pop!? AHAHAHAH!!!" The candy merchant finally quelled his own laughter enough to respond, "Aah, ahah, no no, you have already paid." he said as he wiped the tears out of his eyes and catching his breath, "200 yen is a good price for a laugh" "Take the money stupid! yelled a nearby jaded merchant to the candy seller in the foreign language, "You can take his money, cousin. You take too much innocence in the face of joy and you will be the one to pay the price in the end!" preached the man in the same foreign language, somewhat pissed at the criticism. The man turned to Eiji with an earnest face and pushed his 4000 yen hand down as he gave his two cents to the gazelle among hyenas, "Don't show that to anyone and don't pay more than 1000 for anything, my friends." His face turned to the other mercenary so as to advise them both, "Believe me." As the two walked on Eiji, munching on his cotton candy commented with an oblivious grin, "Man, these people are super nice, Sayuri!"

As the day grew old, the ambience grew into an adult. Adult amusement industries surrounded the two. Promiscuous personalities propositioned the Senhyakku from every direction. Many dropped their prices due to his looks till finally the lowest offer came from the most desired female in the community who was usually hidden away and reserved for the politicians and tycoons. She slapped his ass, which got his attention, and with high-value confidence, she said "Hey, sweetie. Look, I usually don't do this, but I'll be your best friend tonight for only 1200 yen" Eiji remembered what his friend the merchant said. Sighing he answered "Sorry, miss, but no. Look, you're a lovely person. I'm sure you'll find somebody -woah! Sayuri pulled him along so he couldn't stay any longer to see the mental breakdown. "I'm not sure why, but everyone is giving us free stuff and cutting us deals. These people are great! But boy, they sure do things differently. I've never payed for friendship before. It's like we're in another world! You know I read in a book once about a shinobi that- He noticed Sayuri nodding off a bit. He stopped in front of her, "Your loyal knight Eiji understands, m'lady! I shalt find shelter for the night! he acted, bowing and everything. Eiji entered the first motel he saw...

Flashback<i></i>

"My mother died when I was five" Eiji ceased drying his golden locks in the towel, then continued slowly. Having just finished practice for the day, they were unwinding on a couple of improvised training rocks in the caves of Suna. "I barely remember her face" She had never spoken of the past and she had a clockwork predictability when it came to avoiding the topic entirely. Naturally curiosity surfaced, "Did she die peacefully?" Eiji asked solemnly, yet with a distant ray of hope trailing in the words. He experienced her synesthetic words gray and heavy, but his silver lining autopilot beat him to the punch...

Back at the Motel<i></i>

They entered the run down excuse for a motel. The shadows seemed to gather and create a humanoid creature before them. "Konban wa~ What can I do for you~ ? A room? Dinner? Tehe~" Without flinching upon beholding this unsuccessfully disguised demon, Eiji slapped 1000 yen on the counter "One night for two, please!"

[mft]

Hayashi Sayuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
These ruthless merchants could have been brought to their knees in seconds. The Kunoichi was no Jedi, but her Hypnotic Suggestion would suffice entirely to bring these money controlled sheep to submission. She was really angry upon realizing how these people tried to play the duo for fools. Evidently enough, they succeeded on the more gullible one. Anger turned into a smile when Eiji exclaimed how nice these people here are. Eiji simply was too good of a soul. A trait that Sayuri appreciated about Eiji a lot. Yet, the words the candy dealer gave them along the way remained in her mind for the entirety of their stay in Raiden's Eye.

Paying for friendship, huh? Sayu had to pay often enough for the highly honoured 'friends' her pleasure-loving father brought along. The price to keep these apparently needed relations stable was her innocence, and if she had been weaker even her will would have been crushed. By this strategy, a lot of children are formed into what their manipulators need them to be: Soldiers, slaves, leverage. These kids never get the chance to live their own lives, to develop into the great they could have become. Again, this is all due to the greed of others seeking more wealth and power. Fortunately, the Hayashi girl was strong enough to take fate into her own hands to save herself from such a dim future. If her current future is a brighter one, has to yet been decided though.

Flashback

'I don't know' She was too young to remember details. For someone that little, the walls of the house were her country, the immediate environs her horizon. Anything beyond was merely a fairy tale. 'My father changed on that day.' It was hard for her to call him father, as the word is tied to responsibilities that he stopped realizing once his wife passed away. Her gaze penetrated the floor as her heart became heavier with each word she shared with the Senhyakku, visual on her facial expression which carried a burden far too heavy for a girl in her age. Avoiding direct eye contact, her breathing became heavier as she already began a fight to keep her emotions at bay.

Back at the Motel

1000 yen exactly. The boy quickly learnt his lesson it seems. Though this guy did not seem to be of the common folks around here. Money was obviously not his main interest. He nodded to Eiji, handing them a key with a number on it, still displaying an ever menacing smile. Their room was on the second floor, so they went towards the staircase. Just before they left the entrance area, the receptionist said,'Ignore any screams you hear, and lock the door behind you~' Looking over her shoulder at this guy, the Hayashi girl could not tell if he was serious or just fooling around.

The brown eyed girl sighed in relief upon entering the room. A lot of tension, that gathered ever since they entered the city, was released now in their safe spot. She locked the door behind them, then brushed the dust off her bed to sit on it. 'We should gather information in town tomorrow. What do you think, Eiji-kun?' She wanted to know more about this world in which ethics and moral meant less by the day. She will get her chance after a good night's sleep. Of course she would not sleep good. In fact, it was doubtful that she would find any sleep at all here in this law forsaken district, because sleep is the cousin of death, and Sayu knew that good enough already.

[mft]

Senhyakku Eiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ignore any screams you hear, and lock the door behind you~" As they walked down the hallway to their room Eiji jingled the keys in his hands playfully. They almost passed their room because the numbers were faded. Everything down the hallway seemed faded including the graffiti that blanketed any surface within reach. The door practically opened itself, creaking crazy decibels per millimeter moved. As they walked in Eiji handed Sayuri the piece of rusty metal that was to lock the entrance, as if that would prevent anyone from breaking down the cardboard-thick door. As if the receptionist had timed it, a scream echoed from the hallway as soon as she turned the rusty key. "Wow, I wonder what those screams are..." Eiji thought about it earnestly for a handful of moments before he chocked it up to a foreign culture that he has yet to learn about. He turned around to see the bare-bone room they had to call home that night. The motel was most likely hiring people because there was no way room service had come by in weeks. Bottles of alcohol lined the window sills and littered the floor. Eiji finally had the chance to play 99 bottles of beer on the wall instead of sing it. "We should gather information in town tomorrow. What do you think, Eiji-kun?" "Definitely! I can't wait to learn about this place!" he said as he walked toward the bathroom. Many questions still circled his consciousness about the customs in this country.

Public restrooms had nothing on this one. The bathroom tub had a crusty blood splatter painted into the beige porcelain that was once white, as was the rest of the now vandalized restroom. Things growing in the top corner, broken mirror, faucets dented, sticky floor, no toilet seat and worst of all sans toilet paper. The funk wafted up into Eiji's nostrils before he had a chance to brace himself. The resulting gagging gave Sayuri a heads up. He closed the gate to hell before it sucked out the contents of his bowels. "Sayuri, people experimented with powerful jutsus in there. I'm going to have to exercise it in the morning!" Upon composing himself, he threw his bags on the floor next to their bed and took off his clothes down to his boxers and changed into his blue pajamas covered in white ZZZs. With the white fuzzy ball at the top of his night cap slumped over his face he lied down on the bed. He had to rest up for the long day ahead of them, and the clear consciousness he possessed allowed him to sleep incredibly fast. Ruminating on the events of the strange day, the Senhyakku concluded his final thought before falling asleep, "I'm glad you're not from here Sayuri..." a long yawn interrupted his last words of that day, "I'd go broke paying for your friendshhpp...

Flashback<i></i>

Eiji put down his towel and revealed fuzzy, dry blond hair. He subconsciously couldn't afford divided attention. She wasn't pouring her heart out. It was more like a leaking dam. Social finesse was called for to disarm the situation without blowing the dam wide open. As luck would have it, her confidant had the finesse of a hook hand pirate doing open heart surgery in a storm. In simple terms, Eiji wasn't good at choosing his words because he never does, "Everyone changes when someone dies in the family..." he murmured staring at the floor, more talking to himself and remembering the faces of his parents when he told them his sister had died. The depression barely had time to get comfortable before it was kicked out of the door. He looked up again straight at Sayuri and smiled "But, considering the way you turned out, he did a fine job raising you on his own...!" Splash...

Motel Morning<i></i>

"Wake up Sayuri-chaaan!!! It's a beautiful morning!" came the first words of the day from the jabber mouth the moment his eyes opened. He rushed to the bathroom to baptize it before breakfast...

[For reals MFT this time]

Hayashi Sayuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Definitely! I can't wait to learn about this place!" Tilting her head slightly to the side, she smiled upon Eiji's reply. Both of them were excited to explore more of the world, one more the other less.

As Eiji entered the bathroom, Sayuri's focused changed back to the bed she sat on. Reminiscing about her old bed, her old room, which was bigger, cleaner, and brighter, the girl told herself that this was still better than anything she used to have, for at least she was free. To be honest, she could not care less about all the filth in this room. And to be more honest, her mind was going crazy over the thought of her bare, delicate skin touching this bed without a double sheet. She pulled out some cloths from her backpack, placing one carefully over the pillow while removing the blanket entirely, leaving it on the floor. Dirt to dirt. A blanket of her own was positioned between her body and the gross culture below. Once she was done with her preemptive measures to preserve hygiene, Eiji came out of the laboratory insulted as bathroom. She needed no warning. Not even ten Kage would make her enter that room.

"Sayuri, people experimented with powerful jutsus in there. I'm going to have to exercise it in the morning!" A chuckle escaped her. A rare sight but one the Senhyakku managed to evoke regularly. Some of his actions evoked not so positive memories though. When he stood before her, despite showing no malicious intention, with nothing but his boxers, she could not help but feel uncomfortable. Talking to the blonde was no challenge anymore. But seeing a man undress is a whole different level. It might take her centuries to get used to this. Luckily the Water Adept used a Pijama or the Hayashi girl would not even have blinked a single time in the past two years during the night. Just like back in the days~

Flashback<i></i>

O,O

The green-eyed was no genius at socializing. That was no secret. The girl was not better though. It is always two retards. Sayu could tell that Eiji was refering to his parents after his sister passed away. She looked up to him with an expression full of sorrow and regret. She did not want to turn the pages of Eiji's history to that one black chapter. He could not do much wrong in that sense. The Kunoichi's book was black entirely, aside from the pages unwritten yet. 'A fine job...?' She looked to the side, biting her lower lip. Tears were now running down her cheeks. The dam was indeed broken now. Her mind was a mixture of lullabies and storms. Long chained feelings broke loose, slipping through her mental barrier. Looking back at her companion, she almost screamed,'He didn't raise me! He did nothing fine in his life. I had to pay for his sins. Gamble, alcohol... it made him forget his loss and me!' She was standing by now, looking deep into Eiji's eyes. There were no people in the immediate vicinity, but if she got any louder someone would hear them eventually. She did not give a fuck. In fact, she had no fuck to give. This felt so good, verbalizing the hate against her father for the very first time.

Motel<i></i>

Envious of the ability to sleep in such an ambience, actually envious of the ability to sleep in general, the girl turned back and forth in her bed while her guardian was carelessly slummbering as if only a flute could get him back from the land of dreams. Still dressed in the same attire she wore when they first came into the city, she decided to take a walk outside. An unusal behaviour that even she questioned. With no one to keep her company but the pitch black sky, the girl walked aimlessly through the district. Just before she decided to return to the motel as the dawn began its routine by illuminating the furthest skylines, a silhouette appeared on her way. She cringed out of shock for a second. Then the man began charging towards her. She ran. She ran as fast as she could, and being a skilled ninja that was pretty fast. No matter where she went though, the man seemed a step ahead of her, always. Opening the motel doors, the man stood in the hallway of the reception already. This time his face was clear to Sayuri. A firm grasp formed around her neck. Then her eyes opened. A dream. Running with sweat, the brown-eyed girl woke up just a minute before her buzzer. Yes, such a beautiful, stress-free morning. What a good start for this day...

They left the room with all their belongings on them or inside their backpacks. Passing by the reception to drop the key, Sayuri had a much better sight on the guy sitting there, who was still the same from the previous night. No sign of weariness. 'I hope you enjoyed your stay. Visit me again soon, will you? Tehehe~' Dark green hair and a very pale face dressed this creep. A now visible name shield wrote 'Jinei'. Leaving the formalities to Eiji, the girl opened the door. Just before she left the building, Jinei said,'Those eyes of yours, I have seen them before. They will come in handy. Tehehe' His laughing ended in coughing. He spoke almost as if he had lived for half an eternity. Or like he had met Eternity.
'Sayonara' Well hey, at least she spoke to someone other than Eiji!

[mft]

Senhyakku Eiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eiji did his best to clean the rancid bathroom, but due to his upbringing, his best somehow managed to make it worse. What was once hell was now the place you go when you die a worse person in hell. Scratching his head he exclaimed "Hmm i don't get it. I guess I'll leave it up to a more experienced exorcist than me to figure it out!" He closed the door while black hands were escaping as if trying to take his body parts for attempting to resurrect someone with alchemy. "Oh well! Let's go Sayuri!" The male receptionist had some parting words that evoked a response from the Hayashi girl as the two exited the motel. "You do have beautiful eyes, Sayu!" he concurred with a foolish grin, underestimating the comment of the eternity man.

They headed toward the plaza to find their bearings before they would decide on a direction. On the way there, Eiji grabbed onto Sayuri's hand gently to not lose her in the growing crowd. His uncommon sense kicked in and he was beginning to rethink their destination. But, as if the streets were rivers banking into the ocean, they couldn't go against the flow anymore. The blonde excused himself enough to win a world record, but his gentle will wouldn't part this sea. The human current grew stronger and he thought it may be a good idea to lift Sayuri onto his shoulders to even know where they were. Eiji pulled on her as hard as he could to grab her better and pulled her up onto his shoulders. The human water seemed to make her lose her weight, because she was very light. "Sayuri, what do you see!?" he yelled. "...arf!" "What was that Sayu!? I didn't hear you!" "Woof, arf arf!" He looked up to see "Sayuri turned into a dooog!!! WAAAH!!!" A cute furry dog was on his head. In a panic, he lost his manners and tackled himself through the crowd like a pro football player. "I need a doctor!!! Hang in there Sayuriii!!!"

Flachback

The sadness left her eyes and rolled down her cheeks to be consoled by her lips. Eiji was astonished. He had never witnessed such deep vulnerability. His usual friends carried, at most, superficial wounds that had no depth, no stories behind them. Her wound was so deep he could see directly into her heart. He had no response for the first time since meeting Sayuri in the desert. Suddenly tears began to trickle down his cheeks. He felt an intense anguish beyond what any jutsu could muster. Emotional pain, something near alien to the boy. He clutched his chest as if having a heart attack. His empathic soul was not prepared for this. Shit got real. Still, despite his state, he could sense on some level that she needed this confession. There was still stale water behind the dam and, although no conscious thought, he resolved to be her guide and tear it down. His heart couldn't give out before hers, not now. He braced himself, "What...could your father have...possibly done to you?"

Plaza Center

He ended up busting out of the crowd into an open area in the middle of the plaza. Everyone was keeping their distance from the soldiers protecting a carriage. There were enough men to overwhelm even jounins. A teenage girl of obvious royalty was looking around desperately for something while the soldiers held a perimeter. "Hey scum! How dare you trespass into Lady Aiko's personal space! came a voice in the foreign language. Two soldiers aggressively hoisted Eiji up by his shoulders and legs with extreme ease, putting themselves in a position to toss him back into the pile of people. They swayed him back and forth chanting together "One!..Two!" "Oh thanks fellas! Could you just toss me over there?" he requested pointing. He was ignored by the two muscle heads, "..Thr-Waaait!" A request came from behind them, only this one was on a frequency they were tuned in to. They turned around to see the royal girl walking towards them. Her personal space was 20 meters by the soldiers measurements, so it took her a bit to reach them. "Aka! There you are!" She yelled gleefully with her arms out. The two soldiers looked down at the boy in their hands to see a dog resting on his chest. "Woof!" "Thank you so much for finding my dog!" She was obviously educated beyond normal levels. The girl figured out by Eiji's attire that he wasn't from around here and used the common tongue so he could understand her. As soon as she reached out to grab the dog, Eiji's head jolted forward, "No, no, no!" He bit onto the dog's leash as she pulled on its body, resulting in a cartoonishly choking dog with its eyes popping out. "That's Lady Aiko's dog, scum!" yelled a third soldier of higher ranking as he clubbed Eiji over the head with excessive force. He didn't let go, but his head did, letting his blood trickle onto the floor...

[MFT]

Hayashi Sayuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Arigatou', did she say to reply to Eiji's compliment, smiling genuinely. Such words were mostly a charade to bend the actions and relations of weak-willed or utterly gullible person. And many fell for it. Though in this case it was pure honesty, thought Sayuri.

Walking in the mass, she quickly lost direct sight to her knight in shining armour. With their hands connected she still felt a certain level of certitude, despite outside her regular comfort zone. Far outside of it actually, almost like a rain drop in Suna.

A second, maybe even less, an eye's blink disconnected from the Senhyakku boy was enough to part their ways for the time being. A hand did grab for the young girl, however it was not a known feeling. She flinched for a second as the shock was there, then she forecfully freed herself from the grip. The man with a long beard now turned around to see that it was no longer the precious animal he had escorted, instead a young, beautiful lady stood before him. Bemused by the loss of the dog, the man tried to understand what had happened, as such he attempted to grab Sayuri and talk to her. Obviously she would not allow this guy to lay a hand on her. His nose was now broken. The Hayashi girl ran for the closest building, ascending it in the Shinobi way. From here she could try to spot Eiji, as she sought to reconvene with the blonde as soon as possible. The bearded man did not give up on chasing the girl. 'Hey, you!' Screaming loud enough for half a dozen people to turn towards the man, his blood was colouring the floor. 'I need that dog-mah', did he explain, one hand pointing at the dark haired girl, the other trying to reduce the blood loss from his nose. Ignoring the man to the best of her ability, she continued scouting. Even if she knew where that dog was, there was no way she could communicate with that man. Perhaps a third party could help. Who would find the quarreling two up on the roofs' of Raiden's Eye though?

Flashback

As good as it felt though, the moment was merely a healthy day in a life full of cancer. What the Hayashi clan's head did to his daughter was hard to put into words for her. Why did he not get it yet? How can someone be so innocent in such an age? There was only one way to show the water avatar what her father did. Wiping off tears just to allow new ones to follow, she slowly turned her back to Eiji, taking off her shirt. A cicatrized back was revealed to the boy, with scars reaching below her waist. With one arm crossed over her bosom, the other pulled down her pants barely enough to see that they continued even on her buttocks and beyond. If the boy did not get it now, he won't get it ever.

[mft]

Senhyakku Eiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Kisuke, STOP! You're hurting him!" Royalty, well educated, protect Sayuri, Kisuke? Kisuke is a first name, first name basis with the guards, not a prisoner to her wealthy lifestyle, save Sayuri, outspoken, guards listen... Eiji's carefree attitude was smacked out of position with that last blow to his head. His mental narrative was completely different now that he suspected that Sayuri was in danger of being kidnapped. His mind was now in a mode of calculating the best course of action for him. "Let him go this instant!" The soldiers listened to the foreign words and released the injured boy. As soon as he was let go, Eiji propped up the dog in the air to check it for wounds. Upon finding none, he sighed out in relief. Smiling and scratching the back of his head in his usual carefree way, he laughed "Oh, thank gosh you're such a nice girl! My name is Eiji." With one arm he held the dog and the other he shot forward toward the girl. The blue blooded girl looked down at his hand and screamed a high pitched squeal "EEE!!!". All the guards turned upon hearing this. "Hmm?" Eiji then looked down at his outward stretched hand, soaking in blood "AAA!!! They screamed together, Eiji looking around for the source. Mid scream, the girl directed Eiji to his own head. The boy was relieved it was only him and stopped screaming, while the girl ran out of breath and then called for a doctor with her next one. "Oh my god, oh my god. I'm so sorry! I'll get a doctor immediately!" She began waving over the doctor that was with her group. Eiji spat a generous amount of water on his hands and began to heal the back of his head with it. By the time the doctor reached them, his wound vanished.

Flashback

Eiji flinched when Sayuri removed her clothes. Scars. Though they weren't deep, knowing who the cause was painted a picture so vivid. It revealed much deeper scars in her psyche. The blonde boy fell to his knees in despair. Question words started to drool out of Eiji's mouth "H-...how?..Why?..When?..." ...if only I had been there...<i></i>, whispered his subconscious. The teachings of his master that he had always taken for granted echoed in his head. Teachings of kindness. He never understood them before because they were self evident to him. The importance of kindness was finally highlighted upon seeing the aftermath of her father's cruel actions. Sayuri's father made her cry with his actions. The hows whys and whens were irrelevant blurs. "It's sad..." he replied with tears pouring from his green eyes, "Sayuri, it's so sad!" There were a million things one could comment in this situation, but he couldn't get past that. In desperation, he stood up and slowly walked toward her, wiping his tears with his hands. His wet hands reached for the distressed damsel glowing the hue they glow when he uses water to heal. It was apparent what he wanted to do. He wanted to heal her scars away.

[MFT]

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time had no meaning, and there was no need to uphold settings between the various everyday occurrences dotting a life of every single person in this world. Senka had learned that through observation and thought that adhering to those strange but surely favorable rules could be to her advantage - regardless of how stupid she thought they were. Some would say her mind was still bogged down by the twisted logic of the other world she had seen in her near-death, or actual-death, experience, while others might even argue that she was simply crazy. She preferred to refer to herself as being... unique.

Thus, right after changing into her Gothic Lolita outfit for the mission, or still wearing it after the mission - there was no point in trying to justify this logically - and walking through the streets of Raiden's Eye due to the fact that she was still there, or had been there in a very close timeline, she spotted a commotion in the masses. Suddenly, a girl about Senka's mental age, with night-blue, almost black hair, ran up a wall onto a rooftop and started scanning the surroundings, with a man shouting up to her about some dog from the packed street below.

For a moment, the stitched-up girl wondered what she could do in this kind of situation, then decided that her mission was located in the past and that there was no need to stay undercover anymore. However, even then she would not show off herself to the people and stepped into an alleyway, where she hid herself under a veil of invisibility, manipulated the Chakra in her feet and walked up the wall. Within mere moments, she was on a nearby rooftop, discarded her veil and walked up to the agitated girl while remaining in a blind spot from the people below.

"Please don't panic... I just happen to be... able to walk up walls, too..."

Senka stated and trailed off, realizing that her usual approach would not help in this kind of situation. Especially since she was guessing that this girl was not just any normal civilian but in fact possessed some form of training with Chakra control.

"Can I help you? You appear to... need some."

This was all she could say and offer at the moment, but she would take the opportunity to gauge the girl's capabilities from her stance and the strength of her soul; the readings showed her a surprising level of energy, but she stopped herself from taking off her surgical mask and crushing it in her left hand while shouting something about "it's over nine-..."

[Topic Entered ; Marked for Training]

Hayashi Sayuri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Flashback

Eiji seemed truly moved by the blows of fate Sayuri had to endure her entire childhood. He was also the first to hear this, perhaps the last if things go Sayuri's way. As the boy approached her, she quickly pulled up her pants and put on her shirt, saying'No.' as she wiped more droplets of her face. She then continued,'I will carry those until I meet him again.' And she meant it, despite having no idea what she would do once she actually did meet the guy she probably hated most. Ironic when it was the man she is supposed to love most. Only one thing remained certain though, that she will return to him one day...

[Scene ftb]

Somewhere on the Plaza

Still in distress, maybe her decision to walk on this building was not the smartest. She did not lose her pursuer. Instead a lot of attention was drawn towards her. Enough to pull a third person to the scene. Another Kunoichi that offered her help. Because she was a female, even if not trusted yet, Sayuri could exchange words with her. 'This guy is trying to molest me', did she say, a finger pointing at the guy below, who was trying to climb the building, while her brown eyes met those of the Cloud Anbu. When the bearded man heard these words, he replied in anger,'That's not true-mah!!', with a fist in the air to emphasize his rage. This was only the first phase. This had to be resolved first before the Hayashi girl could tell Senka about Eiji.

[mft]

Senhyakku Eiji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What? I see no wounds, Lady Aiko. The boy is fine." "That can't be! Look! There's blood on the ground! That's his!" "You're such a nice person; worrying about me!" Eiji reached out to hug the royal girl but found two crossed spears blocking his path all of a sudden. "It's ok." "But lady Aiko..." The soldiers pulled back their weapons and the girl extended a hand with a raised wrist. Eiji lightly bowed, took it and kissed it gently as if by reflex of doing it so often before. Lady Aiko was amazed by the perfect form implemented in the small action. She could tell he was no commoner. Finally feeling reassurance from a kindred royal soul, she caught a glimpse of the rest of him. He looked up and said "My name is Senhyakku Eiji. Honored doesn't begin to describe my feelings to be worthy of your attention, m'lady... A perfect prince! Her legs lost strength and she began to blush, lost in the moment, ...and I would gladl-ARF!" The rhythm of his ritual was broken by the clear reminder that he has to take this dog to a doctor that specializes in curses. He instantly dropped the royal hand and grabbed the dog, holding it up, "SAYUUU!!!"

He swung it over to Lady Aiko, "Please can you help me! I need a doctor for my friend!" "Huh?" the girl partially snapped out of it, "Friend?" Eiji looked at her melancholically, "Oh you poor girl!" he posed as a spotlight shown on him from out of nowhere as he regaled them with the fictional background he surmised from this one-word question, "She was locked up alone in a tower her whole life! The only people she was allowed to see were the maids and butlers! But the cold unfeeling of professionalism kept their warm hearts at bay! Ne'er a heartfelt ear lent to your passionate woes! Of course! How could you understand what a friend is!" "Um, I know what a friend i-" "You couldn't! Do not worry, m'lady, your days cleaning the house while your stepsisters went to the ball without you are over! From this day forward..." "Ooooi. I'm not Cinderella. Ooooi!" "I will protect you from the 7 dwarves that will come to kill you with a poisonous pear!" "That's not even..." "But first, I am in dire need of someone versed in curse-jutsu, for my little sister has been turned into a DOG!!!" ... "That's not any person. That's my dog Aka." she said, pointing at Sayu-wan. Eiji paused, looked at the dog, looked down at the yellow rainbow splashing onto his shirt, looked back up at the satisfied dog-face, and squinted, "Not Sayu..." as if to establish it in his brain. "Well, thank gosh for that!" He put the dog down and laughed, "Boy am i relieved! HAHAHA I mean, not as relieved as Aka there! HAHAHAHA-WAIT!.....then where's Sayuri?" He looked around and began to call for her, but in the noisy plaza he could barely break 2 meters with his voice. "We'll help you look for her! Don't worry. My guards are everywhere, they'll find her. In the meantime come into my carriage!" She grabbed the blonde boy's hand and dragged him back to her wealth-mobile in the center of the plaza...

[MFT]

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Senka was confused by the situation and looked down at the man with the strange accent skeptically. She could neither discover any horns, nor did he only wear a goatee, but for some reason he reminded her of the animal that was this style of beard's namesake. Looking between the young girl and the bearded man who had been accused of molestation, the stitched-up girl gauged the possibilities. By looks alone, the girl certainly won, but there were always two sides to a story.

"Well, this would put anyone in a bind... but I can arbitrarily judge, I've been given that right."

If she had had a visor, she would have made it come down to protect her eyes for any possible action that might ensue. But since her mouth was the part that needed covering, she could not simply pull up the surgical mask to simulate covered eyes. Thus, there was no point in trying to emulate a robotic voice to recite the possibly best known line spoken by the protectors of public order, a long time ago in a country far, far away.

"I would think that the verdict is obvious, but let's not get into prejudices. Even then, old man, however agreeable you may be normally, you are not, in relation."

The wording was a subtle but also overt insult at the man's countenance, but it was not too apparent right away. But Senka did not leave enough time to let it sink in.

"To put it bluntly: Stop harassing and molesting women, and just to be sure, since I don't know your preferences, people in general."

Senka turned to the girl with the dark blue hair again, but talking loudly enough for the man to hear.

"If he dares to do whatever he did again, I will..."

From within the stuffed bear she was carrying, the stitched-up girl produced her hedge trimmers and demonstratively opened and closed them with a snipping sound. The red crust on the four blades could be anything ranging from rust to blood, and it made a creaking sound when the joint moved.

"... either way... I would actually like to know what happened, first."

She became reasonable all of a sudden and stashed her weapon of choice inside the big stuffed bear that bore a striking resemblance to her in style. First things first, the snipping could come later.

[Marked for Training]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back