Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Motivation [Open]

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kids eagerly sped out of the doors of the academy, each to their own purpose, immediately after the class ended. Some headed to ramen shops in large groups, others went to play sports together, while the more zealous students headed to various locations in order to further improve their training. The slower moving of the bunch would be Siu, who lagged behind everyone, leaving the establishment seemingly without any aim or goal in mind, a group of books under her arm.
The weather was chilly today, and somewhat foggy. The harsh winter of the Cloud Village seemed just around the corner. Rather than returning back to the luxuries of the main village, she opted to instead head to the academy's nearby forest. After some venturing, she came to a sudden pause, and carefully began to inspect the surrounding area. Such behavior may have appeared quite suspicious, as not only had the young academy student completely isolated herself from others, but was now carefully examining her surroundings, as if she had some devious plot in mind to hide, or some great secret. Finding herself content with her surroundings; covering of thick leaves and trees, she finally took her position.

Sitting with her back against one of the many various trees of the forest, she placed her small set of books on the ground next to her, and observed through the various titles. "Understanding Hand Signs", "The Science of Chakra'; With a uninterested expression, she stacked the titles on top one another, before reaching for a third book, "The Pursuit Of Art" A pleased smirk appeared across the young student's face, as she picked up her book of interest.
Bringing her knees closer to her chest, she used the upper parts of her legs in order to hold the book in place. Opening to her previously bookmarked position, she began delving into her passion. The story was about an ambitious artist who had a desire to learn the art techniques and styles around the world, in order to become a master artist. The man had set out to travel the world, disguising himself under many different names, and various identities, in order to enter certain restricted lands and villages, just to learn their art styles and techniques. Ironically, the story's concept seemed to hold many similarities to the life of shinobi. Stories like these were far more interesting to the mind of the young shinobi in training, in comparison to all the books of the academy she'd received. While she was not completely uninterested in the academy books, they still seemed unable to replace her previous topics of interest. The youth was supposed to be training, in order to become a formidable shinobi for the wellbeing and protection of the village, yet oftentimes she still acted like a normal civilian, and not like a shinobi at all.
Furthermore, having been discovered to possess the innate ability for chakra use, quite late in comparison to most children, she was older than most of the other academy attendees. She was at an age where most students were already Gennin or even Chuunin.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]The forest was where he felt the most comfortable. Certainly, he lived a lavish life inside of his birth parent's old mansion, but that wasn't nearly what he wanted. He only kept the house so the village wouldn't destroy it nor the Dragon Statue that was held within it. He was a slave to that statue and the statue's bidding was to protect it at all cost. It felt like his life depended on the well-being of that inanimate object. However, he felt at-ease in the forest and he spent the majority of his time here. Whether it was this forest or something more wild, being a beastly-man that he was, he felt like it fulfilled something inside of him that no concrete-laden cesspool could provide: peace of mind. Here, he can act like himself and his companion, Dakota, could act like herself. They were allowed to return to Kumogakure under the assumption they followed orders from the ANBU, essentially turning them into nothing more than tools of murder (which Kyo didn't entirely mind due to his irrational displeasure with the human race) but being able to feel like a living thing again rather than an object felt liberating.

A loud howl could be heard from Dakota as the sound reverberated from tree to tree as it spotted a deer running through the woods. Kyo pursued Dakota as she quickly chased after the creature. He kept up close behind as the deer ducked and weaved between trees and made extremely sharp turns, throwing the less agile human and wolf duo off as they had to take slightly wider turns. The quick turns took a lot from the deer but it also created space between it and the massive 6'1" tall dire wolf (from paw to top of head), giving it a glimmer of hope. Kyo would jump in, but this is for Dakota. Not only was this something for Dakota to eat but it was also to help sharpen her movement, tracking abilities, and ability to land a kill. Helping her would only hinder her and make her seem more like a domesticated animal than the wild beast she was meant to be.

The deer slipped over it's own two feet and landed face-first into the floor with Dakota taking advantage of the slip-up, pinning it's body on the ground before biting off it's head. "Good catch, Dakota!" Kyo shouted out with his voice being loud enough for the little one reading to be able to hear. As Dakota ate, Kyo started to catch his breath and went into his pouch, pulling out a half-smoked cigarette and placed it into his mouth and struck a lighter (that he pulled out of his pouch as well) and tried to light it a few times. The sound of the metal striking the flint carried through the forest as well before he suddenly lit the cigarette. "Surprise you kept an eye on the thing through this thick fog," he said in relatively good common. The trained ear would realize that he is still learning the language, or rather relearning it, due to some imperfections in some of the words he said. The inflections were a bit weird and some of the words were just pronounced improperly.

Dakota continued to eat the deer before her nose shot up into the sky, sniffing the air. The massive wolf barked and then let out a howl before she began to leave the food and run in the direction of Siu. Dakota couldn't see Siu, but she certainly could smell it. Kyo grumbled and dropped the cigarette on the ground, stomped it out, and then followed behind. He followed behind the wolf who took off like a bat-out-of-hell before noticing a little girl sitting by a tree and reading a book. Dakota stopped for a moment to plant her feet before leaping towards Siu, finding herself only 15 feet away from the girl. While in the air, Kyo shouted out, "Stop!" towards the wolf before it slightly altered it's path to zoom by the girl instead of tackling her into the ground. It landed on it's feet about 10 feet away only to turn around to surround the girl, growling loudly.

"We don't attack humans in the village, Dakota. You trying to get me killed or something?" Kyo said as the man approached Siu. He looked over the girl for a moment. He didn't ask if she was alright as her condition didn't affect him in the slightest. He didn't matter if she lived or died but if it was he or Dakota that committed murder on this girl, there would definitely be hell for them to pay. "So many of you girls in this village enjoy the forest. Why is that?" he asked. He didn't seem annoyed but more curious than anything. He encountered a woman of 1 year his senior also hanging around the forest and now he encountered a small girl reading by herself in the forest. And for that price, the girl was almost eaten by the massive Dire Wolf that stood taller than Kyo did.|
Tabs for Extra Information

NKHGQHJ.png
Appearance
Amaterasu.png
Dakota
This Post: --
Total: --
WC
Visible EquipmentEquipOOC Note(s)
Topic Entered
OOC
Current Music
Music
X
[/col]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I had been in the treetops when I had heard the rustling of nearby movement. It took me a moment to discover who or what had come into my proximity, though I was surprised and hadn't expected people to come out this far, it seemed that I had unwittingly come into contact with a girl maybe three or four years my senior by my guesstimation. I had only been here on a whim as I continued to explore the area around the academy to familiarize myself with its layout. It had been well known by most that these woods were used for training of the aspiring hopefuls like myself and I didn't want to be left unprepared when I would eventually find myself out here for whatever cocamany plot that might involve me, but the day had already ended from my estimates and I hadn't expected others to end up within a hundred meters of where I had been minding my own. So be it, I'll just move as I doubt it's worth the effort to ask her to move I thought to myself as I prepared to climb down the tree, one arm reaching down to grip a branch I knew could support my weight. As I climbed down in a careful manner I couldn't help but hear the crackling as another pair of three -no one person and a four-legged creature was coming in at a remarkable speed. Teacher or a high rank?... I thought to myself not paying attention to where I was grabbing in that momentary lapse.

There's a rule in rock climbing that states that at any time you need to have three points to hold onto. The reason for this is if you lose grip on any point you still have two to keep you in place and recover be it both feet, one arm and a leg, or both arms. When you're missing an arm and only have two points at any given time, it becomes exceedingly important to always pay attention because any mistake is paramount to death. This was a true learning moment for Eishi as he felt his heart skip a beat. Before he could even analyze what was about to happen as he misjudged the distance to a branch below him, he was already gaining speed in his meteoric fall.

One loud snap, then another followed soon after as his back and left side hit one tree branch after another on his way down. By the time he had finally reached the ground floor he had already hit at least four different branches snapping two of them as they folded back towards the tree.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck", he moaned as he laid on the ground, body feeling like it had just broken in a few places. He was going to need a medic when he got back into town.

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The forest had seemed like a completely perfect and safe haven; that was, for a time at least. Siu had found herself becoming lost in her book, every word absorbing her, until a loud voice was suddenly heard in the distance, breaking the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. It broke her focus, and caused her to look up from her book with curiosity, yet she could not recognize anyone or anything in particular, especially through the thick leaves and fog of the forest. It seemed as if she were not the only one with a mind to retreat into the dense forest, yet exactly who that other person was, she had neither an idea nor the motivation to get up from her location and position in order to find out. Her current position was far too comfortable, and her chosen book was far too interesting.

However, fortunately for her, or rather unfortunately, she would not need to be doing any searching; For, It would not be long until a fearful howl was suddenly heard, and something could be heard speeding through the forest leaves and trees. Perhaps, any other more well trained shinobi would have instantly jumped into position, in order to prepare for an incoming assault, regardless of whether they saw an enemy of not; yet this was Siu. Unfortunately, the young and unmotivated academy student was far too inexperienced and careless to consider such matters beforehand. She simply stared in the direction of the various sounds with curious eyes, until it's source eventually revealed itself in it's assault, changing her facial expression completely.
The creature came leaping towards her like a demon from the very pits of hell, far too fast for the young shinobi to conjure any suitable response from her mind. Rather than correctly attempting to flee, she instead found herself placing her hands in front of her, and turning to the side in fear; a reaction for more suited for the average child, than a trained shinobi. Her teachers would not be proud if they were there to witness such a reaction.
"Monster!" She exclaimed fearfully, before another more human-like voice was heard shouting, commanding the creature to stop, and also sparing her life in the process. The creature was massive, standing almost an entire foot taller than herself. It was far too large and threatening to be considered a wolf, or even an animal for that matter. 'Monster' indeed, seemed to be a suitable description. Gazing at the creature with both admiration and terror, the young shinobi had no idea how to react concerning the strange phenomenon that had just taken place.

The unfamiliar man had also approached, however, he had not received much more than a glance before the girl had immediately turned her attention back to terrifying creature who was still looming next to her menacingly while growling. She was not comfortable about the possibly of being it's next lunch.
The man's second statement, however, would eventually gain her attention. She took the moment to examine the unfamiliar male's features. Without a doubt, he was her senior, that was completely unarguable. He also did not seem to be any stranger to combat or brutality. But, just who exactly was he? He seemed to be the age of an adult, and battle hardened, yet she had never seen him at the academy before. There was no way he could've been a teacher.
There was another peculiar trait about him, and a key aspect in determining his identity; his accent. He spoke the same language as her, sure enough, yet not with the same aptitude. His pronunciation and speech lacked smoothness, and the tone of his words sounded rather unfamiliar. It then became apparent to her, that this new figure may have very well might not have even been a resident to her village at all. Momentarily glancing back at the menacing creature who had assaulted her, her response to the man's question was quite delayed. For quite some time, she simply continued to gaze at duo, wide-eyed and a slightly opened mouth in shock.

"Are you....." The girl finally found the courage to speak, "A rogue ninja?!" She exclaimed, completely leaving his inquiry answered entirely.

Just when things seemed like they could not become anymore eventful, it seemed fate would prove that wrong, as yet another strange phenomenon occurred. A one loud crack was suddenly heard from the trees above, Ambush?!" The girl immediately inquired to herself with panic, shifting her gaze upwards and dropping her book, she suddenly went into a fighting stance. The whole reaction was ironic, considering the duo did not even require an ambush if they desired to kill her. She almost was killed by one alone. Furthermore, if there really was an ambush, there would not be much the young and inexperienced academy student could do the defend herself against it. Still, this was her chosen response.
One loud crack after a another, the paranoia grew, until finally, from out of the cover of the trees, appeared the culprit; albeit, completely different from what she was expecting. This figure, in comparison to the two others, was almost disappointingly less intimidating, and far more younger than the other duo. In fact, he looked as young as one of the many academy students she was used to studying in class with.
As he came crashing to the ground, the girl's once fearful and paranoid facial expression, turned to one of unexpected surprise, curiosity, and possibly even concern; Indeed, it was a one heck of a fall, and dire situation or not, enough to make anyone curious as to whether he'd be alright or not. As the boy laid there, most likely in pain, the girl eased her stance, At this point, she wasn't even fearful anymore, but now just completely baffled. What what the world was going on in this forest today?

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Kyo let out an uproarious laugh at the mention of him being a rogue ninja. Perhaps it was his wild appearance or even his strange accent that gave him away. The very thought of him being a rogue shinobi was hilarious in it's own right. Kyo fished for another cigarette from his pouch and grabbed his metal lighter, lighting himself another cigarette. He didn't care if the smoke got into the girl's eyes or lungs and thus paid absolutely no mind to where he blew the smoke. Her developmental growth was none of Kyo's concerns. It was his belief that one should fend for themselves when it comes to their own personal health. He took another puff from his cigarette and blew it out directly in front of him before speaking. "Rogue Ninja? No. Untamed, perhaps," Kyo said with conceited delight.

It was then that the sounding of branches snapping could be heard, causing Kyo and Dakota to look straight up into the sky. He put the cigarette into his mouth and held it between his lips before he snapped his finger to get Dakota's attention and pointed up. "Get ready to cage when it falls, Dakota," Kyo said before the large Dire Wolf stood up and got ready to pounce. It's head was in the air as it saw something fall from branch to branch before slamming down into the ground. As soon as the boy let out the long expletive, Dakota moved in to place it's jaw around the little boy's head, causing it's teeth to gently place itself around the boy's neck, effectively locking the boy in place (or at least Dakota attempted to while the boy was reeling back in pain).

If Dakota was successful at caging the boy, placing the boy's head within her mouth, Kyo squatted next to the boy that was held by the massive wolf and took a puff from his cigarette. He cautiously blew the smoke away so he wouldn't contaminate Dakota's lungs with the noxious poisons that he filled his lungs with. "Looks like we have an unwanted guest, wouldn't you say?" Kyo said with a grin on his face as he looked Siu straight in the eye when he said it. He turned his attention back towards the boy that fell to the ground and stood up, waving off Dakota. "A runt like that isn't even a snack. Let him go," Kyo said as he continued to make a shooing motion towards Dakota. With a grumble, the massive wolf released the boy and backed off, returning to it's position behind Kyo and to his right. She sat down, keeping her eyes on the boy that made his dynamic entrance.

His eyes turned to Siu for a moment before turning to glance at Eishi. "Why are you two here in the forest?" Kyo asked. His eyes darted between them before hearing the massive wolf grumble. Kyo elbowed the wolf, turned to her and shook his head. "You can't eat these two. Stop asking," he said before turning to look towards Siu once more. In a few years, she's going to be quite the beauty. On the other hand, the other boy looked like a few bricks to the face wouldn't make any improvements. One future budding flower and a fruit bat. Fitting meeting to say the least. "And," he said with a bit of a pause to take another puff of smoke, blowing it out in their direction. "Who the hell are you two?|

884d14a4dba47c007df8b4db0c5440a1--chuno-kdrama-its-raining.jpg
Appearance
Amaterasu.png
Dakota
This Post: --
WC
Visible EquipmentEquipOOC Note(s)OOCCurrent Music -- NEW!
Music
X
[/col]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Alright Eishi, first things first, check for damages to the head. First the back of the head, then the face, and nose... Good, I don't feel anything wrong. Check for bleeding or puncture wounds around the body... No again nothing, oh wait... fuck! Broken rib, maybe two? That's going to be a pain to heal. My arm seems fine, now what about my le- I went through my mental checklist as I prepared to check my legs for damages. Before I could even do a visual check. I found a vice grip around my head, followed by a low growl. Welp, guess I know what I heard and I guess this is how I die. That year and a half was fun while it lasted I thought to myself as I closed my eyes, waiting for the coudegraw.

It seemed, however, the killing blow wasn't going to come as I heard the voice of another. An older man commanding the wolf to let me out, but not before a snide comment and clearly hostile attitude. Ah an asshole. Perfect, just what I need right now. Eishi thought to himself as I hawked a loogie in the man's general direction, not saying a word his, eyes filled with what no one would mistake for hatred and defiance. It was true that a moment ago I had already accepted my death, but now that I was at least partially sure I wasn't going to die today, I at least now had someone to vent my anger towards assuming it was them who had lead to my momentary lapse in concentration. At that moment I was able to calm myself down before I did anything that I would regret. Thinking up some devious ways to kill the mutt and present it to their master, I was aware that was a pipe dream, but it did calm my nerves as I closed my eyes and rolled over to lay on my back. I needed to collect myself before I did anything more. As I let his hand roam down one leg and then the other. I found some pretty unfortunate news Yep... one dislocated ankle and a broke -no, fractured fibula. Damn it, Eishi, you shouldn't have gotten distracted.

After checking my legs over and finishing with my quick self-evaluation, I lay there for a moment more before sighing, sitting up and swore under my breath as I took a small piece of cloth out of one of my pockets and stuffed it in my mouth. I folded my right leg with the dislocated ankle and crossed it into my lap, positioning it in a way that would work for what I was about to do. "Three... two... one..." I audibly counted down to myself before an audible pop could be heard as the joint in my ankle went into the proper position.

My sight was blurry for a moment as the pain overtook me. I nearly blacked out but was able to hold on as I made an audible whine before quieting down, laying on my back once more, unmoving and uncaring to the world around me.

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The initial scene between the younger male and the vicious creature was something quite horrifying to see, as the massive wolf gripped the poor boy's head with it's menacing jaws. "Don't kill him!" She protested, rather fearfully, in great concern of the young stranger's life. However, it seemed as if the older male, though untamed, had no intention to kill, which was relieving. Yet, he was not a rogue ninja? How could it be? Could someone like him really have been a student at the academy once, just like her?

"You can't be..." She began, "A shinobi for Kumogakure....can you?!" She inquired, greatly surprised. Was this what trained shinobi were supposed to be like? Was this what she was training in the academy to become? The very thought was discomforting. Would 'she' also become like him in the future, if she continued down this path?

At the older man's inquiry, she turned back to the younger boy, as if expecting an answer from him first. However, his next action would prove rather 'discomforting', as she curiously observed the boy go about his procedure, oblivious as to why he suddenly placed a cloth into his mouth. Her curiosity would eventually be answered, albeit disturbingly, as she witnessed the young boy suddenly pop his ankle back into place. A highly disturbed cringe and facial expression was seen by the girl, in response to the unsettling audible bone pop. Were these two even 'normal'?

Turning back to the older male, whom she had left awaiting an answer to his inquiry, she eventually found more courage to speak, "I-I am Siu; Hikari, Siu." She spoke rather hesitantly, her speech somewhat jumbled. Staring at the man for few moments, as her words sank in, she eventually leaned over and picked her her previously abandoned object. "I came here to.....read my book." She finished rather innocently, holding the object up for him to see.

Observing as the younger boy had not been moving, and was still laying upon the ground on his back, her eyes began to display great concern. "And I think...he needs help." She finished. Although, she was no medical ninja, and therefore knew absolutely any way to help to poor child, except taking him to a hospital of some sort.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]A loogie was shot in his direction, upon the ground. Kyo's and Dakota's eyes tracked the loogie to see if it would land on Kyo, only to see it fall short. There would've been issues if that mass of nastiness hit Kyo on the foot or in between his toes. It would have felt SO gross if it landed upon the webbing of his toes. He didn't clean himself as much as he should in the first place, so having something so vile and disgusting landing between his toes would only make for a disgusting cocktail to clean up. Kyo didn't take offense to the boy's childish behavior. Hell, Kyo probably would've done the same thing. Normally, he would see hocking a loogie as some kind of challenge similar to pulling off the gauntlet and slapping someone with it. The urge to return the challenge was great, but he didn't have a large build-up of mucus in supply.

His urge to return the challenge was disturbed and interrupted by the girl, only 5 years her junior, to speak up. He tilted his head to the side and shrugged his shoulders. "Sure. You can say that," he said. He was, indeed born in Kumogakure. Hell, these children have probably spent just as much time in the village as he has, having only spent a grand total of 8 years combined within the village. Living out in the wilds for 10 years of his life really did put a damper on things. His mannerisms were unlike the other shinobi in the village and his lack of empathy for the people in the village may have been due to the harsh reality that he lived in where a pack only cared for the pack and anyone trying to harm the pack got swarmed. Strangely, however, Kyo didn't feel like he was actually a part of the pack known as Kumogakure. None of them felt welcoming nor did any of them accept him. They used him for his wildness and eagerness to kill people.

The boy started to put himself back together again. He looked at him as pain crossed his face and he tried to fix himself bone by bone. His well-being still didn't bother him. The loud and obnoxious screaming, on the other hand, started to really irritate him. With a grumble, Kyo flipped through a few handseals and used a couple of medical jutsu on the boy. One jutsu was used to mend broken bones and other sprains, dislocations, and other similar injuries. After that jutsu was finished, he made another set of handseals to heal general injuries such as cuts and bruises. Did he do this to be nice to the boy? Absolutely not. He did this so the boy would shut his mouth with all that damn screaming.

With a grumble, he grabbed the still-burning cigarette in his mouth and took another puff. It was at that time that the younger girl addressed Kyo with her name. Finally, one of these children answered his question. "Well, it's good that at least one of you know how to speak and answer questions," he said before taking a final puff of the cigarette and flicked out the cherry, stomping on the burning red ember to extinguish it. He pocketed the spent cigarette so to not pollute the forest with his filthy habit.

Kyo's eyes looked towards the book for a moment. Couldn't read it so he simply paid it no mind. He turned his attention back to the defiant child that had the broken body and squatted in front of him. "Do you not know how to answer questions? Do you understand the words I say? Are you a deaf-mute?" Kyo asked as he waved his hand in front of the boy's face in a rather mocking manner. He shook his head regardless of if the boy answered or not. Kyo took a moment and stood up, thinking. Now that Dakota ate, it's his time to eat. "Put that thing away," he said to the girl with the book. "Pull yourself together," he said to the broken boy. "There's a creature in these woods I want to hunt. You two are going to accompany me. As much as I'd hate to say it, I'm going to need your help. It's a slippery prick," he said before turning to look towards Hikari Siu and the unknown boy. "Since you didn't tell me who you are, I'm calling you 'Loogie' for now on."|

884d14a4dba47c007df8b4db0c5440a1--chuno-kdrama-its-raining.jpg
Appearance
Amaterasu.png
Dakota
This Post: 749
Marked for Training
WC
Visible EquipmentEquipOOC Note(s)OOCCurrent Music -- NEW!
Music
X
[/col]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Is this guy for real?... I contemplated as the man put me back together, my chest lifting itself as my lungs were able to completely expand again, the rib bones back in place. My legs becoming the next step, the chakra infusing itself, stitching and knitting the marrow and flesh into place. It wasn't fully healed, that wasn't possible for anyone as far as Eishi knew of medical jutsus. It was the same reason why limbs couldn't be restored once lost, they were just using the bodies own natural healing at an accelerated rate, the cost of chakra was large and the mednin was the one who had to pay it, though it left muscles tired and bones weak. If you couldn't regrow your limb before missing a limb, you can't do much afterward. I was pretty disappointed when I had first learned that news, but I attributed it to my life's mantra that if life was easy, the ups wouldn't look as sweet. I sat up as I began to stretch my legs, the pain numbed down to a dull ache, my body tired, but stable and together. It would be a few days until I was at one hundred percent again, but the quick healing was enough to skip weeks of waiting.

The man began to once again berate me seemingly all in the same breath as he commented on the girl introducing herself. What was her name? Sui? Whatever, this guy healed me so any anger I had mustered up just a minute ago is pretty mostly gone, though his attitude is still about as welcomed as a hedgehog in a condom factory I tuned him off for a bit as I collected my thoughts and tested my breathing and chakra flow for any damages.

I took my time getting back to my feet, testing the weight on my feet tenderly before taking a few single footed hops up and down, satisfied that I should be well off enough. I had mostly ignored the berating and only came back as he finally came to the conclusion to start calling me "Loogie". I could only sigh, shake my head and mimic his earlier behavior as I respond with "What are you, a child?", I didn't say another word to him, meeting his gaze as I motioned with my arm as to indicate that the older man leads on. I wasn't going to argue with my benefactor despite my annoyance. I finally broke the eye contact if he hadn't already done so at that point and turned my head towards the girl named Sui, I nodded my head and spoke my mind, "Thanks for the concern. I doubt he'd have done anything without input, doesn't strike me as the type".

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At the man's reply, Siu found herself once again surprised. So he was really 'was' a shinobi just like her, and of the same village at that. A multitude of thoughts rushed through her mind in response to the stranger's answer, yet she did not want to be a judge of the man, nor risk angering him, and therefore kept most of those thoughts and curiosities to herself. Though, in regards to role models, he certainly wasn't setting the best example for her to look up to when she grew up and became a shinobi.

"But you sound," She began hesitantly again, unable to completely suppress all her thoughts and curiosities, "'Different'..." She finished cautiously, carefully choosing her words. It was the most polite and indirect way she could find to describe him as 'foreign', without actually saying it directly.

Furthermore, the man had unexpectedly healed the boy. Siu did not know the exact reason, assuming that perhaps it could have been because the man might've had a empathizing heart of some sort; after all, she was young and naive. Regardless of the man's true reason, a good deed was done, and that good deed brought a joyful smile to the young academy student's face. That smile, would unfortunately fade into another expression of concern however, as she observed the two going about their feud. Her morals told her that she should say something about it, yet considering she didn't know the two well enough, and felt too shy, she didn't quite know exactly what to say, or how they would react to any of her words. She had begun to open her mouth, in an attempt to say something concerning the matter, but instead simply ended up closing it back, and continuing to stare at the two in silence observation.

The sudden request for assistance came as yet another unexpected surprise. Though, it wasn't really a request at all, but seemed more like a command. One moment, this man's animal had almost killed her, the next he commanded the beast to lock the poor and injured boy's head in it's mouth while personally berating him, and the next he was suddenly asking for assistance from the two. The whole ordeal was undoubtedly mindboggling, and Siu could make out the logic behind it all.
For some reason, she felt as if she couldn't really say no, perhaps in fear of what might happen if she denied. However, at the same time, she did not mind helping with general beast hunting. After all, how harmful could hunting a simple beast be?

"Uh, o-okey.." She managed to reply, rather unconfidently again. "But, i'm not so strong. I'm sorry...I will try my best." She deemed it wise to inform him, not wanting any higher expectactions held of her than the reality. After the statement, she looked down at the ground, and began to draw in the dirt with her foot nervously.
The younger boy's thanks, however, would draw her attention back upward, as she returned a pleased smile. "You are welcome!" She spoke more confidently and happily. It was a lot easier to speak comfortably with him, as he was a lot less intimidating than the older male, and also younger than her. "Are you an academy student too?!" She continued enthusiatically.
Furthermore, despite all of these events, she 'still' did not know either of the two boy's names. Ironically, the only name she 'did' manage to figure out was the name of the monstrous wolf whom had attacked and almost killed her, through hearing the man shout it aloud.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]This little brat's attitude was almost as awful as his own. Still hadn't answered the question Kyo asked earlier and will thus call him 'Loogie' until the boy properly introduced himself. He wanted to know the boy's name and since he wasn't given a name, the nickname will stick until the time came for proper introductions. Kyo eyeballed the boy as he asked his question in regards to Kyo's age and glanced at him for a moment only to turn and look back towards Siu. Kyo's accent and speech patterns, indeed, sounded very different. Happens when you went 10 years without speaking to another human and just lived amongst monsters. The time spent just learning words over the past 4 years was a tough one, not helping that he didn't particularly care to learn the language, but was forced to learn it under order from the ANBU. Reintegration was stupid, at least that's what Kyo believed.

"Common isn't my strength," Kyo said in a matter-of-fact manner. When it came to fighting or performing a job, words weren't necessary and would get in the way. The only time he needed words now-a-days was simply to give Dakota commands. Learning the common language made teamwork with Dakota a bit easier, but teaching the dynamic duo the language, when neither cared enough to actually learn it, was the struggle of the ANBU and those the ANBU hired for his re-education. He pointed to himself and said, "Kyo," and then pointed towards Dakota, "Dakota," he said with a rather paltry introduction. Even if the bratty boy didn't want to give his name, it was only polite to give his own name. At least that's what his reintegration instructor said.

"I spent 10 years at the Spine. I need a bit more practice with the common language," he said explaining why his speech sounded bizarre to most. While it wasn't any particular accent, he figured he had to explain why it sounded like something completely foreign and alien. It's something he's going to have to get used to because people are going to be curious.

The girl seemed apprehensive about her capabilities of hunting down a certain serpent. "Don't worry about your strength. If you can stand, you can help," Kyo said before cracking a smile at the girl's approval of taking on the job. His eyes turned towards Eishi for a moment and a look of annoyance crossed his face, placing his hand upon his hips and looking over the weakened child. "Are you strong enough to stand or are you going to go home?" he said. This creature was a rare species and it was considered a delicacy. Well, at least to the more wild breed of human. Who knows, this thing might actually be more delicious cooked.

"We leave once Loogie says he's coming," he said before shaking his head and reaching into his pouch and pulled out yet another cigarette, lighting it and taking a heavy puff.|

NKHGQHJ.png
Appearance
Amaterasu.png
Dakota
This Post: 494
Marked for Training
WC
Visible EquipmentEquipOOC Note(s)OOCCurrent Music
Music
X
[/col]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Lead the way, oh intrepid leader," I responded, bowing my head in mock courtesy. I already gestured for him to lead the way, but he likely missed it if he was half as wild as I thought he seemed. I'll probably waste my time unless I'm direct. Making fun of the wild boy would be akin to fighting a midget. All the jabs would just go over his head.

I made my way back to the tree I had fallen from and reached inside a hollow point in the trunk as I collected my stash, along with my wooden short spear. I had planned on collecting my things once these two were already moving, keeping where I kept my stuff a secret, but I quickly gave up on that when I realized I didn't really care that much. Sure my supplies cost me a noticeable squeeze on my wallet, but the resale value of the goods, if it was stolen, was laughable anyway.

I looked towards the eldest person in the immediate area raising my eyebrows and non-verbally gave him a circular motion with my hand indicating that he 'get on with it' after once more indicating I was ready to go.

I finally answered the girl named Sui, "Yep, just waiting for an exam or for them to mail me a headband one of these days." I scratched the bridge of my nose and averted my gaze. Now that I had calmed down, I was able to actually pay some attention to the girl who at least showed me some much-needed sympathy. Fuck Eishi, it's just a girl, stop being self-conscious. Face my death? easy enough. An older girl still around my age? Might as well stab me in the dick. I reflected as I followed the wild thing to yonder, no longer paying Sui any attention.

Siu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening curiously to the older male's explanation and rather blunt introductions, the girl's facial expression communicated her obvious ongoing desire to ask more questions. Yet she continued to remain cautious about fulfilling that desire, not wanting to overload the man with too many questions at once. "10 years at the 'The Spine?'" The girl repeated back in her mind curiously. "What's 'the Spine'? She eventually outwardly inquired.
Foreigners visiting Kumogakure wasn't anything too odd, yet foreign ninjas serving for the village; now 'that' was an unusual occurrence. The girl was remained now greatly desired to know the man's origins; Had he been born here? Had he immigrated here? Had he willingly become a shinobi for the village, or was forced to? Had he studied at the same academy as her?
In the midst of all these contemplation, the man had reassured Siu that a large amount of strength would not be required in order to succeed in the assisted hunt, which brought a relived smile upon the girl's face.

Her attention shifted, as she watched the younger boy get up, and walk towards his hidden belongings. The young academy student, upon closer inspection, eventually realized something she had not recognized before upon initial meeting, while the boy had been lying upon the ground after his fall. Watching the boy walk, and collect his items, she realized a startling fact; he was only collecting them with one arm. Her eyes widened upon the realization, that there was in fact no second arm, and she made a slight gasp. Yet, realizing that her reaction had a possibility of offending the younger boy, she did what she could to try and control her emotions.
Now she had even 'more' to be curious about. Undoubtedly, these two individuals must have carried a wealth of stories just waiting to be heard with them, whether they desired to tell them or not. Siu lived for hearing such stories.

"Exam?" The girl repeated, upon hearing the younger boys response, and regaining her composure. "I am waiting for an exam too. So you will be Genin soon too?!" She replied enthusiastically again. It was a wonderful sight to be able to find someone who actually might graduate the same time as her.

The boy's actions had also given the young girl a good idea. Turning around, she grabbed her set of various books, and walked over to the same tree the boy had taken his belongs from. Placing her books inside the same hollow, the girl briefly paused, turning back towards Kyo with the last book held up for him to see. "If you need help learning common." The girl began shyly. "I..I can help you." She offered nervously, before placing the book back into the trunk. After all, the girl lived for words. Though, she was still young, and often found great difficulty in confidently expressing her thoughts, she had a much firmer grasp on words and vocabulary than she often made out to have. With that, she placed the final book inside the tree trunk for later retrieval after the hunt.

With everything done, there was now only one thing left to do. Placing her arms behind her back, she patiently waited for the two males to lead the way. "I-i'm ready!"

[Will exit thread once Kyo and Eishi leave]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Both of them finally agreed to join in this little hunt of his. A big, toothy grin crept across Kyo's lips before looking both of them in the eyes. At least he will be able to assess their strengths and weaknesses to know exactly what he was dealing with. Children now-a-days bloomed quickly in terms of their power; must be something in the water. The man mounted the massive white wolf and took two hand fulls of Dakota's pure white hair. The burning disk that hovered over Dakota's back hovered over Kyo now. He turned to look back at the children and stated. "Try to keep up. We're going further into the forest." With a single flick of his legs, he leaned forward and the massive wolf took off into the forest like the wind.

The duo took off quickly into the forest and the two of them stopped for a moment, looking back to see if either of them were still keeping up. Kyo blinked his eyes a bit and sighed. It seems that the duo of Kyo and Dakota were far too fast for these students to keep up with. "Yeah, let's go back and get them," he said before hearing a grumble come from Dakota. "Well, just deal with it, Dakota. We get to eat REALLY well tonight IF you want to cooperate. Not every day we get to eat one of those serpents, right? They're pretty rare," Kyo said, trying to encourage the animal to behave the way he wants. With another grumble, Dakota took off back towards the children and stopped as she came across them. The wolf stopped and lowered it's rear as if to indicate to them to 'get on'. Regardless of whether or not they get on, Dakota would then take off once again to the last rumored spot of their prey.|

NKHGQHJ.png
Appearance
Amaterasu.png
Dakota
This Post: 310
Marked for Training
WC
Visible EquipmentEquipOOC Note(s)
Small Post is small -- holidays, ya know?
[[TOPIC LEFT]]
OOC
Current Music
Music
X
[/col]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I took great delight in getting as far away from this tree as possible. This tree was now an evil tree that broke an orphan into pieces. Someday I'll come back and burn you down I promised the tree with a nod. I followed along the other two as I swiftly left this thread forever... Maybe.
EXIT​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back