Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

My decision (request Raikage)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ookurikara.full.1859056.jpg

Ziren had once again, found himself at Torre Celeste, right in front of the door to enter the Raikage Office. Today, he was wearing his usual clothes. He didn't bother hiding his metal left arm, as he feels showing this means he isn't afraid to hide anything from the man he is about to speak to. On his right arm, was a scar that wrapped around the arm, at one point, going as deep as being able to see bone. Where his eyes were, were red orbs. Blood, swirling around the eyes, void of pupils, of irises.

This time, Ziren had come here, to make a special request. Not like the one he made some time back, about keeping his identity a secret from Leaf. This one... What is it that some people call it? Closing of the circle? This is something he thinks might be good. A new life. Making it official of starting a new life over.

The Chigokai knocked on the door, three short, quick taps. And then he waited. He listened to any nearby blood flows. It was a habit he has had. Of listening to blood flow to make sure that he won't get surprised when a person shows up.

(Topic created and entered with Npc Ziren)
(Request Raikage)

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a busy day at the Torre Celeste, but that was business as usual. The Raikage's office was no exception. Though the crowd of the floors below was absent, one man was waging a battle against an army of paperwork. Yet, busy as he was, his office doors were open as always. When Ziren approached, Ayumu heard the footsteps approaching and looked up from his desk. He recognized the man from the last time he'd come to the tower. Back then, he'd permitted the man to remain in Kumogakure with his wife and child while they figured out what their next move would be. He hadn't been sure what the family would do afterwards, but on some level he should have known where it might lead. Here Ziren was again at his door, and Ayumu had a feeling he might know why.

"Come in," Ayumu announced, waving for Ziren to enter. "How is your family doing?" Ayumu asked. He hadn't seen them since before Ziren had arrived the last time but he assumed that Ziren had met up with them just fine and they were reunited. "What can I do for you today?"<i></i> Ayumu asked, inviting the man to say his piece. He placed the pen he was holding down on his desk and leaned back in his chair, giving Ziren his full attention. The paperwork could wait. That was practically his motto.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Chigokai heard the man say come in, and he did. Standing in front of the Raikage's desk, Ziren listened as the man spoke.

"My family is doing alright. Took a long time to stay with them, to make up for time lost. My son seems to have a bubbly personality like my wife, and my daughter seems to take after me. Kind of serious all the time. I love them all so much."

Then the Raikage asked him what he can do for Ziren today. The Medical Chief took a deep breath and then spoke, "Last time I was here, I made one quick request, about keeping my identity a secret from those in Leaf. And right after that, I made a brisk, and rude exit without you even responding. So first things first I apologise for that. Now, you might know the reason as to why I want to keep my identity a secret, so I'll tell you right now. Two years ago, almost three, I went out on a mission to take out a potential threat to Leaf. Coincidentally enough, this threat had history with me. He was the very person who had killed my parents, and eliminated an entire caravan, the caravan that took me in. I fought this man in Water country. I killed him, but ended up in a coma. When I woke up, and made my travels here, I found out about what has happened in Leaf while I was gone. Child murderers going unpunished. It was at that moment, that I draw the line. What I mean by that, is I used to tolerate the current Hokage, if the current one is still Takeshi, for the wrings he has done to me. But what I have heard, is something that makes me not want anything to do with him. Believe me, Leaf and the people in it are part of my heart. But that same reason is why I must stay hidden. It was known of my not liking Takeshi throughout the Leaf. And they know that I've been gone on a mission, and haven't yet returned, as I had sent a message out to them when I first got word of the threat to track him down. When I finally woke from my coma, I realized that nobody from Leaf had found me, either that, or they didn't even try. Kind of messed up, their head of Combat medics, medical chief went out on a dangerous mission, and they never sent anyone to try and get me." He hesitated for a moment. "I never really cared about myself, just only cared about others. But the realization that there wasn't even any effort to try and help me, someone who could have helped with the war on Frost..." He trailed off.

Ziren looked at his metal hand, and then said, "I simply request this of you. I want to be an actual citizen here in Cloud. A Cloud shinobi. I have many different skills, and have served in all three branches in Leaf. Though in Medical Branch, was where I went the farthest in. Medical Chief. I can prove my worth. Pick a branch, and I'll serve it. Pick a rank and I will do it dutifully. Even if I go back to a genin rank, I will do so, honorably."

Then Ziren looked at the Raikage in his eyes, to signify that he was done talking. The request was now up in the air. The Raikage now knows why Ziren wants to become a Cloud shinobi. The question is, what will he say?

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu was glad to hear that Ziren had met up with his family and that they were doing well. He'd permitted them all to stay in Cloud for the time being, though at the time the plan was for it to be temporary while he gathered more information. Little had he known when the woman from Leaf had first shown up that she would be the first of many. In the months after, several more had showed up and the situation had grown more complicated as Ayumu heard more and more horror stories. The Raikage, soft as he admittedly was, had already granted permission to four former Leaf shinobi to join the ranks of Kumogakure since Hana's arrival. Before even that, at least four more while it still seemed that Cloud and Leaf were on good terms. This kind of meeting was becoming a regular occurrence.

Ziren began by explaining the troubles he had gone through since leaving Leaf. Dealing with an old threat, the one his wife had expressed concern to Ayumu about when she first arrived. It seemed that he had handled that threat but in the meantime had made some personal realizations about the village in which he had grown up. His sentiments for the current Hokage matched those Ayumu had heard time and again from other Konoha shinobi that showed up in his office. Ayumu had not had the chance to speak to Takeshi since the planned meeting in Konoha had fallen through. That was a shame, because there were a great many questions that he wanted to ask the man regarding everything he had heard. What had occurred between the Hokage, Ziren, and his wife was one of the more disturbing stories he wished he had the opportunity to hear an explanation for. As the man stood before him now, the metal arm was plain as day as if to remind Ayumu of the tale.

As the lead up came to a close, the part which Ayumu had anticipated came as Ziren asked to become a shinobi of Cloud as others had done so before him. He was not the first, and Ayumu wasn't even sure if he would be the last. Once again he had to make a decision. Technically, Cloud had a treaty with Leaf, yet that treaty was one Ayumu had signed with Umashi and many things had since changed.

"To answer your uncertainty, yes, Takeshi is still the Hokage. Since I heard your story from your wife, I've heard a great deal more that disturbs me. I wish I could have the opportunity to ask the man to explain some of the things I've heard," Ayumu responded at first, setting aside the man's request for a moment. Silently, he contemplated the request. There were obvious downsides... yet he had weighed these already in previous such decisions and made those calls anyway. Right or not, he had already started the village down a particular path and making a different decision here wouldn't change that. Several moments of silence passed as Ayumu stared off into space, thinking.

"I'm not sure if you've met them yet or not, but you aren't the first shinobi coming from Leaf present me with such a request. If you have, you know that they are now starting their lives anew here. I granted their request on the terms that they serve Kumogakure faithfully as their home and do not cause her trouble over old grudges. Any desires for revenge have no place here. So far they have not disappointed," Ayumu began, thinking to the kids who had shown up most recently. He still remembered watching them fight bravely against the beast who had shown up at the gates, nearly laying down their lives in the process. He'd be lying if he said that hadn't reaffirmed how he felt about the decisions he'd made to let them stay.

"So, is that what you're prepared to do? Start your life here, and leave the past behind?"<i></i> Ayumu asked, studying Ziren carefully.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
So, Takeshi is still the Hokage... Ziren let out a small sigh. His heart is with those who might be now experiencing his tyranny. And for the great deal more the Raikage has talked about, Ziren can only assume that he's talking about the Hokage pardoning the child murderers.

And then he went on to talk about how others before him are here. How they started their lives new here, how they put away their anger. "I have not met any of the other refugees other than my family since coming here. But I was made aware of others getting here before me."

And then the Raikage asked him a question. One, in which is a big decision in all of its own. Memories flooded Ziren. The time he first met Soku, someone who is like a sister to him. All the hardships they had went through together. His date night with Hana. And the sunset. Watching the sunset from Hokage Rock, was one of the best past times Ziren has ever had.

"I am not one to strike out with vengeance, as others might think. Being a Chigokai, I've had a lot of people be scared to anger me, just because of the whole blood lust thing all Chigokai have. But I have personally thrown away that bloodlust, that feral anger that is genetically in me. I, am also a dark sage. Even more people fear for that fact, to think I am evil because of it. And frankly, I was once afraid that the dark powers would corrupt me. But instead, it helped me
see who was truly corrupted and bad to their own cores. I remember how someone once talked to me, once they found out about my dark sage powers, but used them for good. 'You hide and operate in the darkness, so that others won't succumb to it. To save others.' Or something like that. What I'm getting at, is that I almost always put my feelings off to the side for the greater good. Right now. I will throw away the bad parts of my past. The parts that are filled with resentment, anger, and fear. And hopefully, the next time we talk, and can tell you one of my better moments in life. But to answer your question, I am prepared. To start my life anew, and leave my hate behind."
Ziren really has completed two near impossible feats. Overcome his bloodlust as a Chigokai. And not be corrupted from the powers of a Dark Sage. He had also made a vow to himself to never be power hungry.

The Chigokai stood and waited, looking at the Raikage, listening to his blood flow, waiting for what he has to say.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu leaned back in his chair once more as he left Ziren with the question that would define the outcome of this meeting. The man seemed to be considering the terms, lost in thought for a moment, but not too long. He began, explaining that he was not one to seek revenge. Ayumu couldn't deny that this seemed the case. Given what Takeshi allegedly had done to him and his wife, he was surprised the man hadn't already sought it. From the sounds of it, Ayumu wouldn't have blamed him for it. Yet he hadn't- instead he had focused on getting his family to safety. He knew his priorities and that was a good sign. He spoke on the darker aspects of himself, those things that caused others to doubt his intentions, and how he had overcome those things. He mentioned that he was used to putting aside feelings for the greater good. That would serve him well in the life of a shinobi. He pledged to do just that, to put the past away and focus on a brighter future for himself and for his family. This was what Ayumu wanted to hear. He'd taken a chance on others and hadn't regretted it just yet, he hoped that he wouldn't now either.

"Very well then. I'll grant you the same chance that I granted your former comrades. A trial citizenship so to speak for you and your family. Since it seems you have the most experience in the medical branch, that's where I'll place you. Though you may have been a Medical Chief in Konoha, I'll have to start you as a Med-nin. Chief is a position of leadership which I can't grant you right away. When that comes will be up to the leadership of that branch,"<i></i> Ayumu explained. The same had been true for Maikeru- it was only fair and made sense to him.

"You'll want to report to Osuteno at the hospital. He runs most of the day to day there. I'll make sure he's aware of your situation. I'll also get the paperwork started for your registration... my people ought to be used to it by now,"<i></i> Ayumu continued with a chuckle at the end. They'd handled situations like this more times in the past couple of years than probably had ever occurred in the history of Kumogakure. Ziren would find himself not alone in his situation- perhaps he'd enjoy some camaraderie with the others.

"Anyway, was there anything else?"<i></i>

[Granting Med-nin rank for Ziren]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Relief. Relief flooded to him. It was almost like a new sensation. Something he hasn't felt. And if he has felt, it was something he hasn't felt for a very long time. He has always been on edge, always looking over his shoulders, preparing to try and be ten steps ahead of those he thinks might be an enemy to him. But now. Relief.

The Raikage is giving him citizenship for not just him, but his family as well. He'll be going into the Medical Branch as a medical ninja, something in which he is fine with. And then he mentioned Osu. A small smile came to Ziren. His family relative, in a sense only by name of Chigokai.

"Osu. Haven't seen him for a long while since the last time I seen him in Tea. A bit of a family, or clan reunion." He does remember how Osu as a Chigokai he respects, one that is undoubtedly stronger than Ziren as when they had met, he already could stop the very blood in Ziren.

And then the Raikage asked Ziren if there was anything else. The Chigokai thought about it for a minute. "Where would you recommend would be the best place to watch the sun set? That was one of my favorite pastimes to do. To sit back, reflect, and to end the day on a good note." It seemed small. But it is mostly the little things in life that can really have an impact on someone.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Surprise surprise. Ziren knew Osu. He knew that the both of them were Chigokai but a possibly connection hadn't occurred to him before now. "Interesting. That should make the transition a bit smoother then, good,"<i></i> Ayumu commented, musing about how small the world really was. The man seemed to think a moment more before presenting another unexpected question. Where could he watch the sunset? Ayumu blinked a few times in silence. He had to think about that one. The man wasn't from around here, so it made sense that he'd ask a question like that. Things were different in Kumogakure than most places in the world.

"Well, true to the name, the village is typically hidden under cloud cover. On a clear day you might be able to catch the sun setting over the surrounding mountains, which is a pretty spectacular sight when you can manage to catch a glimpse," Ayumu began, pausing to think a bit more. "Also, this tower. You might have noticed, it's the tallest building in the village by a long shot. You've probably also noticed it seems to disappear into the clouds from down below. Well, it actually peeks through the top as well. There's an observatory near the top where you can take in the view. Pretty unique one at that, too,"<i></i> he continued. Living and working in the tower, he was pretty familiar with that one.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren had listened to what the Raikage was saying. It sounded he was at least a bit surprised to hear that Ziren himself knew Osu. But the question is, would Osu recognize Ziren? The last time they had met, Ziren looked like himself. Both arms present, no permanent bloodified eyes, and for the fact that Ziren had literally altered his appearance of his hair and skin. That was for the fact of a secret mission to infiltrate Frost.

Again, Ziren seemed to catch the Raikage off guard with the next question he had asked. So mainly in the observatory would be the best place. He then thought back on his hike to Cloud when he was making the journey from Water. Mountains would be a good place to go to. Especially now that Ziren doesn't really mind the cold as much anymore, since he was in a coma in Water for a bit. That, and he can suspect that the secretary downstairs probably won't be all glad to see him every day if it is all just to see the sun set. A small smile came to his face, thinking if he decided to do that, just become a random regular guy to the tower only to watch the sun set.

Ziren gave a bow of respect, for the Raikage certainly has earned his respect, for he can figure that this Kage, actually cares for his people. "If you have any requests for me, you can say. If not, respectfully request to make my exit."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The bow served to announce that Ziren was going to make his leave before he even requested permission. Even after all these years, such displays made Ayumu feel slightly awkward but he'd learned not to complain about it... most of the time. "Of course. It's about time I get back to this paperwork as well,"<i></i> Ayumu said. He raised his hand to wave goodbye as Ziren exited and then looked down to his desk where said paperwork awaited. Actually, there was more to be done now with this most recent turn of events. This was going to be a long day.

[Topic Left]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With that said, Ziren turned to the door, opening it, before slightly turning his head to the Raikage. "Wish the best for you, Raikage-sama. You've certainly earned my respect."

He turned back around to make his exit. Heading out of Torre Celeste, the Chigokai can only think of what awaits for him now that he has made a big change. There will always be hardships, no matter where one will go, but Ziren, he doesn't want to be part of what he has heard has been happening in Leaf. His heart is with all those who have to still experience the hell of living there.

But for now, he will meet with someone he hasn't met in such a long time.

(Topic left as npc Ziren)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back