Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Names & Titles [Req. Head Jounin]

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There were few things in life that Yume could honestly say she hated: waking up early, horror movies, peppercorns... meetings with the ninja council. Her true name.

It was the worst thing, doubly. Having to meet with someone that worked freely in the Hokage's Mansion went hand in hand with her birth name. People there had access to her locked files can see who she truly was and who she truly came from. If the masses knew of her family name... Hmph, she wouldn't be surprised to see if these higher ups are already looking down at her with scrutiny.

The girl tried her hardest, dammit. She tried her best to keep her name spotless to prove them wrong that she wasn't as heartless as her father.

Perhaps the effort was all in vain?

Yume sat in the waiting lobby of the mansion, unsure of what to think of this summon. The timing couldn't be better though, since she did ask her manager to organise a meeting with these people too. Who did summoned first, she wondered. Her manager? Or this person?

Settling back against the wall of the waiting lobby where the receptionist guided her to, Yume closed her eyes and slowed her breath in a light doze. The sounds around her dulled, and she would only stir when her name (Yume) was called or if someone approached her. If she was going to meet with the judgemental eyes of a mansion employee, she might as well find some method of steeling her nerves before facing her name.

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

There had been a small delay for him, not because of business or a situational hiccup but because he had simply spent way to much time in the village's marketplace. To say the least his wallet had taken quite the hit mainly do to an obsession with food vendors which was why when Yume caught him walking in, Oyochi was feeding his face the final scraps of a dango stick. Nevermind the fact that he had seven other empty sticks in his other hand, he would look rather guilty upon realizing just how bad it made him seem. Choking a minute, he beat his chest to help push down the last bit before coughing and hiding his hands behind his back.

"I am grateful for your answer to the summons. I also apologize for my lateness, I was caught up inspecting the market for fraud merchants."

What was a little white lie after all, I mean except for the fact that he wasn't already caught stuffing his face. Smirking towards the young woman, he silently slid the sticks into his belt pouch that was along his back waistline and proceeded to take a seat next to the woman. An exhale from Oyochi seemed to dismiss any banter that may have arisen from his lips instead ushering a sense of duty and calm.

"Your dedication at the Academy has not gone unnoticed, if anything it has been a beacon of how this village will rise to a prosperous image one day. What are your takes on the students so far, can only imagine how many have developed in the wake of the last decade in which war is all they have really known."

He did not look to her as he spoke but seemed intent on focusing at the ceiling as if truly pondering the question himself for a personal answer.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A cough caused Yume's eyes to snap open. She straightened up in her seat, her head turned towards the direction of the sound just in time to see his hands whip behind his back to hide whatever it was he wanted to hide. Her eyes glanced at it, then at Oyochi's face. Plastering a smile on her own visage, Yume waved a hand dismissively.

"That's okay! I wasn't waiting here for long anyway."

Wow, way to sound like a doormat. How long had she been dozing here for? Yume gestured towards Oyochi, in the general direction of the lower half of his face. "You have a bit of something there on your face. No, little more to the right. Other right. There."

It was a curious thought to see him sit down next to her in the waiting lobby, rather than lead her to an office or something similar. Well, no matter. When they're out in the public eye like this, there was no way he would dare say something she last wanted to hear. Yume settled again, more relaxed than before.

Dedication to the Academy though... That was a bit of an odd statement. What did he mean by that; that even idols have a sense of duty? Yume tilted her head to the opposite side from Oyochi, leaving herself a sidelong glance towards the floor. She only did the lesson because her manager had scheduled it in her day.

It seems like everyone had a secret agenda but her.

Liar.

His question on her opinion on the current generation of students made her think though, and reminded her why she wanted to talk to someone like him in the first place. Chuckling quietly behind her hand, her answer was rather standard at first. She didn't ask why she was summoned here; that could wait until this short conversation was over.

"They're... a very unique bunch! I'm sure they'll do great things for the village in the near future." Leaning forward, Yume turned her upper body to look at Oyochi properly with a bright smile on her face. "There's this one student that has really impressed me. I kind of want to test her individually for Genin. Can I do that?"

As an idol, she totally can, right?

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

His eyebrow arched at her statement regarding the children but moreso towards her question. The corner of his lips would form a slight smirk before he sat up, with both palms resting between his legs. There was an attempt to fight a chuckle however it was a failure and soon Oyochi was openly laughing in a kind hearted manner. After wiping the collection of tears from under his eyes he'd look to Yune prior to standing up.

"Depending on how things go today, your question will be yours to answer."

Looking around the area, he watch people come and go. Some ordinary citizens and others shinobi of the village, all of which made him pocket his hands while thinking. Shifting his gaze to the woman, he'd pose a question which she probally had never been asked.

"Ever find it interesting in our world, that regardless of where we are from or which village we may have been born in that we all share something in common. At some point, even the most talented of shinobi were nothing more than students to someone who took the time and duty to instruct them. This profession, this calling is a revolving door and always has been. For every shinobi killed or retired, there is a student being groomed to one day take up the mantle."

His gaze became more stern and serious..

"That is why I wish to have you consider taking up the position of Head Jounin. It has been roughly a year since Iwagakure along with remnants of old Leaf City first began the counter-offensive. I have served my time as a Iwa born shinobi here, as my appointment was till the village seemed to stabalize enough. This new generation of shinobi will need someone they know and trust. Someone who's already shown some investment in their growth. A Head Jounin's job is a oversee the main branch and by extension oversee the maturity of those children who have dreams of being shinobi. What do you think? Would you consider yourself as someone who has that key trait?"

He was all to aware of her status, which had made her a standout for the job. Not everything was meant to be portrayed by professional shinobi, but having a woman who could easily identify and hold concerns over the upcoming generation's future would make a solid foundation for their roots to take hold. He saw a chance in her, a chance that she could hold these kids as they continued to grow and sprout into their own.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume cocked her head to the side. His musings were nothing uncommon with any field in the world, she supposed. A farmer too had young farmhands to work and soon take on the reins. Nurses had students under their wing until they were skilled enough to take care of their aging teachers.

She blinked. Depending on what now? Oh no, she did not like the look in his eyes. She wasn't sure what to think of the words coming out of his mouth now. Perhaps she liked it even less. Her? Head Jounin? Was he even aware of what he was saying? Did he know who, or truly, who she was?

This either had to be very optimistic of him, or very dumb.

A confused frown etched across her brow. "You want... me as Head Jounin? Mmm... I should ask my manager about that." Did he know about her family history, she wondered. Was this a trap in some way to see if she really was 'clean' from the sins of her clan? Hadn't she done enough?

She wished her manager was here.

Oh, shoot. This mellow mood wasn't supposed to be her. Yume brightened up and grinned at Oyochi. "Oh! So that's what you meant by depending on how things go! I can just answer me own question on running my own exam! Hehe, that's a little self-serving, buuuut... pretty smart!"

She hopped up from her seat and excused herself, stepping around the corner to call her manager on her headset. To be honest, she didn't know what he would think on this matter. It might impose on her touring schedule if she had paperwork to do here in Leaf.

... That's what the shinobi working under would be for, wouldn't it? Though she didn't think that. Did not think like that at all!

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

As she walked away Oyochi wondered how much she would be able to commit to such a position and was quite curious how she would be able to walk that fine line between two careers and rumors. Being high in the village's political structure he knew of some whispers regarding the woman but nothing was ever more than just people's assumptions, assumptions that could easily be stoked by her quite on quote celebrity status. To think even higher up shinobi could be star struck was slightly more humorous to him than it should be. As she departed for a moment, he'd walk to the secretary and ask for a simple sheet of paper. Using ink, he would scribble for a few moments before handing the paper back to the older lady. She would proceed to place the letter with the seal of his office, a wax symbol which made the letter an official note written and signed directly by him and no one else. Thanking her, he would walk out as well.

"Choices are just that, whether made to ultimately benefit yourself or others it is still a choice. Here, if you accept the offer before you just give the letter to our Hokage, unopened and unsealed. From there he'll either confirm or deny your position."

A flame would press against his cigarette and he'd inhale the smoke before speaking after a slow exhale.

"It could be worse, someone more unqualified than yourself could end up taking the reigns and destabilizing the very stability which your fans and your dealings rely upon to remain intact and safe. I employ you to think real hard because it will not be long before this generation of children will be responsible for our general safety and the last thing we would want is to allow them to slip through the cracks unprepared."

He'd hand the letter to her before smirking and walking off, though she would be able to hear him faintly say something about the village needing a popular idol to recognize. Even if she was more than meets the eye, three times over.

[Topic Left]
[Given Yune an official recommendation for taking the Head Jounin position, which will be determined by Umashi if she accepts the role]

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl returned just in time to see him writing something on a piece of paper. A small frown was on her face, evident that the call left some confusion on her mind. Oppa... He told her to take the job. It'll be good for her.

Yume snapped out of it, taking the letter from Oyochi all dumbfounded and even more so when he left the building. She looked to the secretary, who didn't seem to care much, then back to the retreating back of the... Former...? Head Jounin...?

Suddenly realising what she held in her hand, the idol looked down to the sealed envelope in her hand. The manager told her to take the job. He even seemed pleased about the prospect, saying that it would be good for her. Yume scoffed under her breath. Good for who, exactly? Her, or the agenda of the family?

Well, she might as well get this over and done with. Approaching the secretary, Yume put on her best smile. "This is really last minute, but could the Hokage spare some time for an audience with me?"

Now it looked like she got the secretary's attention. The other lady looked up from her manicure and rose an eyebrow. The last time Yume was here to see the Hokage, she was bribing the lady with tickets and autographs to speed up the process. Now she was very... polite about it.

The secretary pointed towards the door further into the Hokage's Mansion, revealing a second waiting room there that was closer to the Hokage's office. "I will let him know you requested to see him," she said.

Yume thanked the secretary and weaved past the door, sitting down at one of the available chairs . Well, time to play another waiting game.

OOC said:
Calling Umashi

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Today Umashi wasn't feeling very . . . flair driven, and so when a call came for him, he simply accepted the request and had the kunoichi walked to his office. Sitting behind his desk, he sipped on a rather well crafted energy drink and did his best to look like somebody demanding such respect. As usual his hat was to the side of his desk and his attire was more shinobi business than shinobi casual but fighting back a yawn from working entirely too many long hour days he contemplated what a vacation might feel like around this time of year. Most of his contemporaries might be hitting the beach or traveling to an exotic island but for Umashi, here he sat looking at charts and figures and trying to figure out just how much he could spare in one division in order to beef up the other. The village was surely lacking in the leadership department for him to delegate this sort of stuff out.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hokage-sama will see you now."

That was really quick. Well, no matter. Yume hopped to her feet, recommendation letter in hand and pushed open the closed doors that lead to the Hokage's office. Unlike Umashi, who had seemed to have lost his flair, the idol opened it dramatically with poise.

"Ossan!" she greeted cheerfully, ignoring the blatant stare at the back of her neck from the secretary in the other room. It wasn't everyday or anybody that called the Hokage--basically the most revered shinobi in the village--an old man. Well, it's alright isn't it? After all, she had the blood of the old Hokage. If anything, it was a perfect familiarising way to address Umashi as. He's like a weird uncle.

Skipping right to the desk, she peered over his work. "What's that? Budget work?"

Before she forgot, Yume handed over the sealed envelope over to the village leader. Oyochi's words were scribbled on the paper, recommending his transfer of his rank of Head Jounin over to Yume. She tilted her head to the side, curious.

"It appears Mr Oyochi is resigning from his rank and wants me to take over." She smiled, with one eye closed in a posed wink. "Whaddya think, ossan? Can I do it? My manager said yes. And I swear I have been super good and have been wreaking any havoc."

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Da fus-ro-dah? Umashi want to scratch his head at the series of ill timed events but at the moment there was a lady in front of him and to simply have her waiting while he threw a tantrum about losing good men would be completely uncool. What Umashi did do though was sigh . . . more than once and then he rubbed his temple area while really wishing that he had a drink a little stiffer than tea. Needing to give the girl an answer, Umashi opted for the dignified approach. "So what are you good at and what will you bring to the table . . . besides a platinum album and a world tour?" It seemed dignified enough, at the moment Umashi was really starting to consider stopping all business dealings with dudes because dudes never stuck around and women had more of a sense of belonging to one place or another. Oyochi would be getting an earful from him in the coming days, that was for sure. Getting back to the moment though, Umashi fully expected Yume to break out into song and dance and try to woo him with her charm. Fortunately for him, he was more than able to completely shut down any genjutsu that she might try and pull on him.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yume rocked on her heels, content with either or way this conversation would drift to. It was a little unprofessional of him to outwardly sigh and exhibit stress in front of her, though. She thought someone like him would be able to keep a face better than she could. But then again, he had the comfort of his office to break character way more.

What can she bring to the table?

"Well, with all due respect," she started, finally ceasing her little sway in her spot. "I am still a jounin. And the Academy is looking at some pretty low enrolment rates at the moment. I mean, there were more civilian than ninja attendees in my history class. But those civilians could turn out to be Academy students after that, who knows!"

Not to be tooting her own horn, but people follow celebrities like sheeple. Why not use that to the village's full potential? Wait, why was she making a case in the first place? Because Oppa said to?

Yume appeared to be thinking this time, until she finally shook her head, as if shaking the thought away and shrugged. "Oh well."

She was going to hate what was going to come out of her mouth at this moment.

"I guess it's fair you wouldn't want me in any position of power, considering who I came from. Totally understandable."

Totally discriminatory? Bah.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Was she really trying to play the discrimination card against a "Black" Kage during "Black History Month"? Umashi deadpanned both physically and emotionally but recovered fast enough that he'd help both of them to keep their dignity. Clasping his hands together he closed his eyes and counted to ten. In an age of alternative facts, Umashi was going to level with this privileged poppy teen idol. "To be fair, It never even occurred to me that you were related to Kami until I looked at your shinobi records today. That being said, if I were afraid of what positions you might take to usurp the proverbial throne, then I would have had you killed on a mission or married off to some rich Kumogakurian merchant. Alas, I can no more totally blame your kin for what has transpired than I can blame anyone else. You'll recall that he's not kill on sight." Umashi paused as he thought about pulling out Kami's file and instead didn't cater to his inner petty side. Instead, Umashi reached for a pen and her file instead and scribbled something on it. Taking a sip of his drink he scribbled some more and then finally spoke. "I do not fault you for your lineage, but I will put you at fault if you don't do a complete job. You have the job, the money, and the title that comes along with that now. Please do not ever . . . play that card again, mmkay?" With that, Umashi would flip the file around for Yume to sign her legal name and officially take up her place among the branch leaders.

OOC: Head Jounin rank given upon Yume posting her acceptance/signature given ICly.

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An innocently confused look was on her expression, but it left a smile--the kind of smile one retail worker would have throughout their utter confusion with an odd customer. Nevertheless, she looked over the file, skimming over the contents of the contract and nodded.

"Understood."

It was better to say yes at this point instead of argue, even though she didn't have anything to argue about. Taking her name stamp out from a hidden pocket in her dress--her legal name, of course--dipped it in the red pad of ink lying on the table and signed the paper with the stamp.

Makes things official and traditional around these parts.

"Well," she said, looking at her palms as if she was expecting a magical transformation. "I can definitely say that I do not feel Head Jounin-y."

It was a joke, a joke.

Yume glanced at her wristwatch and bowed to the Hokage. "Well, if that is all, I'm needed at work. Thanks, ossan! Don't drink too much tea! You can get dehydrated!" And she turned her heel with a giddy wave, about to leave through the door. Perhaps the discrimination card of a one hit wonder, but surely, there were many others in the deck.

OOC said:
Topic left unless stopped. So do I go get my title changed under my avatar or is this just an IC thing or what? @-@

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back