Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Neko Yatai [Open]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It is not easy being a genin at times. Sure growing up when you are young as a student is a blast as most of life's troubles people experience does not seem to be even a problem. You don’t have to worry about getting enough food to eat or if you’ll have a place to sleep for the night. Within a caring family things are grand and peaceful. However as one grows older and enters adulthood, one would realize they would need more money than a genin rank can offer. As a Genin you can only take missions of a certain risk and that does not pay much. For this reason it is not uncommon for genin to get a second job especially the older ones.

Hakuren after saving his money from missions finally buys his very own yatai. A yatai is a mobile food stall in Japan that typically sells ramen or similar food and drinks such as beer and sake depending on the location. Of coarse being that Hakuren could not afford a liqueur license he would offer tea instead of alcohol, which might be a problem with some customers. However the food he makes is quite good and has benefits beyond those of normal restaurants. Hakuren has learned how to imbue a dish with jutsu such as a buff, barrier, chakra armor, or even clone jutsu. Not to mention alcohol would only serve to dehydrate you horribly in this heat.

Today would be the second day he opens up the Neko Yatai, which is named due to the luck charm sitting on the roof of the stall. The charm was your basic Maneki Neko that is not uncommon to see standing in front of other such establishments. The smell of delicious food would spread through the residential area as it is carried by the wind. "Get you hot curry here! Test your medal with my spicy hot curry guaranteed to set you ablaze!"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Takahashi Sousuke and Akimichi Nobu were returning from the Kazekage Tower from a meeting. There was a grouping of Nobles who were quite stuffy. Katuso did not enjoy them. Sousuke at best tolerated them. Amongst the Nobles, Nobu and Katuso were not quite on the same level on all items, but they were agreeable on most items. Nobu was known for his wealth, and using his wealth to bring up others. Nobu sought Sousuke for his advice on investments. For Nobu, wealth had to breed wealth, for that was how wealth was maintained. That was not to say that Nobu sometimes loss money, but that was before Sousuke became his wealth advisor. Before Sousuke, Nobu had made a series of bad decisions and was almost bankrupt.

"That went particularly well."<i></i> Nobu mused out loud as the two were walking down the street. "I like the part where you called out Lord Kai on the budget projections. That man has always been trying to funnel more money into the Diamond District instead of the Grand Palais."<i></i>

"Lord Kai, I'm certain, would perhaps die from the sight of the Grand Palais if he ever managed to go down there. His gaze is too narrow. He enjoys his coffers, and unlike you, he will not share the wealth."<i></i> The Steward spoke. As the giant and the smaller man walked, Sousuke paused as he heard a rumbling coming from Nobu's stomach. Sousuke turned to his fellow noble. "That can't be good. We should engage in some form of luncheon"<i></i> He spoke. Sousuke scanned his surroundings, before his eyes could register he heard the cries of Hakuren speaking of curry. He looked around and found the shop quickly enough. Sousuke would motion for Nobu to promptly follow him. The two would make their way to the stall. Nobu would have to duck a bit to peer his head in. "Two please... no make it three."<i></i> Nobu looked around for a bottle of sorts. The man was a functioning alcoholic of the highest degree, but he always had a drink with a meal. "We will take a kettle of tea too... and yes the whole kettle please."<i></i> Sousuke would add.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
M7jB2nO.png
Hakuren places a plate of white rice before both of them and gave them each a gravy boat full of his chicken curry. Chicken Curry was the 14th item on the menu, but was today’s special. The curry within the boat would look like nothing but chicken a think orange sauce. The curry was indeed quite hot and is of course not recommended to eat it by itself. It is served in such a receptacle so that one can pour the amount they wished. Eating it with rice would not only melow the spiciness, but would allow one to taste the saveriness they would not detect if they ate the curry alone.

Karmic Blessing was an ability that allows him to apply the effects of a self-targeting Nin/Genjutsu such as a buff, barrier, chakra armor, or clone jutsu to another along with himself. Hakuren performs this ability through imbuing food with certain jutsu. In this case it was Immolation Armor, which was a jutsu that rapidly heats the users body, raising their body heat to high, feverish extremes. They might not be literally on fire, but they sure as hell would feel like they could burst into flames at any moment.

He would expect them to be going after the tea mighty quickly, which would be fortunate for them as it was imbued with a rinse off jutsu. Theoretically this should cancel or sooth the effect of the fire jutsu on them. “You must have quite a thirst to ask for the whole kettle. If you wish for seconds just as and I will prepare it for you.” Sousuke might notice Hakuren only served two when he asked for three. Hakuren could only see two people and thought it would be a waste to let a dish grow cold. Especially when it is a dish best served hot. He will give them another plate when they are ready for it.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nobu gave Hakuren an odd look as they were only served two dishes. He opened his mouth to comment on it, but Sousuke raised his hand. The two gentlemen looked at their dishes, and proceeded to in union pour the curry over the bed of rice. Nobu's eyes widened as he was taking in the heat unexpectedly. After downing over half of the plate he was sweating profusely. "Good gracious."<i></i> He spoke as he poured himself not one, not two, but three cups of tea. He downed them quickly enough. He looked over to Sousuke who had poured himself a cup of tea, but only half of it was gone. Nobu finished his dish quickly enough. He was then pouring himself more tea, and practically finished the kettle. He produced a hankerchief and wiped his forehead. The giant of a man was indeed mightily surprised. He exhaled, and exhaled greatly. His lips were red, and made an O shape. He even fanned himself. "Good gracious me."<i></i> He repeated. "I... Oh my. That was good. The spice was higher than what I normally eat, but this is a tremendous surprise."<i></i> He spoke pleasantly enough. He fanned himself a bit more. "I think I'll have a different item from the menu now..."<i></i> Nobu would look over the menu.

Sousuke would on the other hand finish his curry chicken. He was sweating quite a bit less compared to Nobu. "I will still take that second curry chicken."<i></i> He would speak up. He would finish the tea. "I will also take the second kettle of tea as well, if you'd be so kind."<i></i> Sousuke would dip his finger into the gravy bowl and collect a bit more curry. "Mmm."<i></i> He would look over to Nobu who was still going through the menu. "Your method of cooking is different. It brings with it a unique experience, which my companion is experiencing much more readily than I am."<i></i> He would look back over to Nobu.

"Can you possibly turn down the heat just ... a few degrees? The chicken was quite tender, and absolutely not dry."<i></i> Nobu would look up to Hakuren. "Yes. I would like a little milder chicken curry."<i></i> Nobu would again wipe his forehead with his hankerchief. "So you've just opened up shop just recently? ... Are you part time or full time?"<i></i>

"Hakuren is under the employ of Sungakure as a ninja."<i></i> Sousuke would answer part of the question. Sousuke himself did not know the man's schedule, but if you asked him - Sousuke would suspect it was part time.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Two Chicken Curries with less heat coming right up.” They should be glad Hakuren did not bring out the third plate right away. If he would have, the dish would be just as spicy as the one they just ate. Hakuren felt like he made a good call. “If you are looking for other items to order, I would suggest a dessert. Nothing like something cold after eating something hot.” The dessert part of the menu was not that extensive. It only had the one item: parfait. However the menu was not that big to begin with and naturally so. This was a Yatai not a full blown restaurant and thus he only has a limited amount of supplies.

Hakuren would then hand them there knew dishes of curry before starting on to brew the tea. He was not expecting people to order by the kettle. Perhaps he will better prepare for such events later, but for now they would have to wait. “Thank you, I take great pride in my cooking. It was my second mother who taught me how to cook.” The person he refers to as his second mother is actually his father. However his father is a transvestite and thus does not like being referred to as a father, so Hakuren just calls him his second mother. “Though I did enhance the dishes with my own abilities.” The question of full time and part time was an interesting one which came with an interesting answer. “I am a full time cook though it is not always at the shop. I am indeed a shinobi. I like to think of myself as a cooking-nin. Yes I am well aware that such a position does not currently exist. However it is my hope that one day I could make it a thing.” It was an unusual dream, but it was Hakuren’s current goal in life.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Both Nobu and Sousuke ate the curry for the second time. This time it was far more manageable. Nobu was not sweating buckets, and he seemed far more comfortable. "I do prefer this curry more. The heat is much more tame, still the quality between the two cannot be denied."<i></i> Nobu was not drinking as much tea as he had been last time, and by comparison Sousuke had only a few sips of tea. Nobu smiled broadly as he was happily eating the curry. Sousuke on the other hand had a very neutral look at his face as he ate. There was nothing in facial gestures or otherwise to indicate that Sousuke pleased or displeased. He was certainly not complaining all the same. Nobu would look to Sousuke and elbow him. "Sousuke, what do you think of the food?"<i></i>

Sousuke would place down the utensils he was eating the curry with. He would look to Nobu, and then to Hakuren. "I actually enjoyed the first serving quite a bit. That kind of spice and heat is not for some people, but it is for me."<i></i> He answered. Hakuren spoke of how he was a cook first and foremost. Cooks were a necessary cog in the wheel that made Sungakure go. Cooks were artisans in their own right. They were like Journeymen in a way, but what they made only lasted so long. Food was much more of a necessity than weapons. Sousuke raised an eyebrow at the mention of a second mother. He was not immediately familiar with Hakuren's parentage, but he was not going to question it. "You used your skillset to increase the heat and potency of the curry then?"<i></i> Sousuke inquired. Sousuke had curry before, but it was certainly not of this level of heat before. The prospect of a cooking nin was something different. There were ANBU, there were Medical Nin, but Cooking Nin? That was something different. Sousuke would continue to eat his curry as he listened to Hakuren reveal his goal. "I am most certain you will succeed. I'm certain it will take time for you to hone your craft, but you will perfect it over time."<i></i> The Steward would finish the curry and nod his head. "Even without the intense heat like the first one, this is excellent in the extreme."<i></i>

Nobu would place down the menu and make the next order. "Two parfaits then."<i></i> He would request. The giant would stroke his moustache. He patted his stomach. Both Sousuke and Nobu were wearing suits. Sousuke wore a three piece navy suit, and Nobu were a two piece green suit. "Maybe three, but for now? We will have two for starters."<i></i>

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The rounder one of the two expressed how much he liked this curry better, which only made Hakuren smile. “To tell the truth, both your first dish and the second were the same. The second one was only missing the final touch.” Would they realise that last ingredient was a jutsu? Maybe or maybe not. By this time the next kettle was ready and he sits it there in front of them just in time to here Sousuke’s opinion. “Yes the first serving possessed a heat that would a aid one in battle. I get requests for it from fire style type shinobi all the time.” Some even order it with a burnout so that they could literally wear a mantle of flame. Hakuren does not particularly like this use as it takes away from his lifeforce, but at least that ends the jutsu.

Unlike the curry which had a jutsu that directly correlates with the dish extremely well. The question now is what to put into the parfait as there was none that would suit quite as well as the curry did. He did had something planned for the parfait, but that was mostly for the kids. Kids liked ordering sweet things and thus the jutsu he would normally put in would be about that. Hakuren started to regret saying something before, however Sousuke did find the experience of the curry interesting. Perhaps he would like this as well even if it was meant for a younger crowd. The parfait consisted of two flavors of ice cream: chocolate and vanilla. Hakuren imbues each flavor with a different jutsu and each parfaits had different combination of jutsu.

“Here you go, two Parfaits.” Hakuren places the desserts in front of them. Each one looking like a work of art. “Kids normally order these things and you’ll find out why soon enough.” Hakuren then pulls something out from behind the counter. In his hands was what looked like a mission scroll and it was marked for an A-rank mission. “Your order comes with one of these. Enjoy.” Hakuren places the scroll in between the two parfaits. “Oh and please read that after finishing your desserts.” With the scroll being closer one could clearly tell it was a fake. The two of them would likely wonder why they were given such a thing, but if they recall his comment on kids buying these things perhaps they would realize it was a game of sorts.

As Sousuke begins to eat his parfait, a shroud of darkness would form around him as he is given a Shadow Garb jutsu. As he goes onto the second layer of the parfait a mask would begin to form on his face. The mask looks more like a skull to some sort of animal. Though it was anbu jutsu use to create their masks, it had more of a bestial look than any normal mask they would wear. Nobu’s parfait had much different effects: he would be given a kunai made of paper and a pair of paper clones. Upon breaking the seal to the scroll a genjutsu would activate and Hakuren uses his skill in the art of illusion to have it affect them both should they not resist. The genjutsu was a simple night mare jutsu taking the form of a red headed woman bound by chains. Reading the scroll it would tell them:
A yokai is terrorising a neighboring village and has kidnapped the elders granddaughter. Your mission is to save the girl and defeat the monster.

Mahou.Tsukai.no.Yome.600.2012862.jpg

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Both Sousuke and Nobu exchanged glances. It seemed like a little bit of a trick was played on them. The curry was the same, but apparently Hakuren had done something different. The more he listened to Hakuren, the more he was getting from him. Fire ninjutsuists requested this dish because of the heat. Sousuke placed his index finger on his forehead and pondered. "You're increasing their battle proficiency, in the form of a buffer."<i></i> He would look over to Nobu and then continue to process the data. "Nobu is not proficient in fire jutsus, but I am proficient in fire jutsus and plasma jutsus. That is why then I was not affected by the heat of it like he was."<i></i> He would state. He pondered it further. If that was the case then, certainly Hakuren would be able to make a variety of dishes to help one with their element proficiency. If chicken curry was for those who were experts with flame, what was the dish or the flavour associated with Wind or Earth then?

The two gentlemen were presented with the parfaits. "Almost looks too good to eat."<i></i> He looked over the dish. He rotated it while Nobu was already at work devouring his. The giant of a man taking fanciful bites and savouring the taste. Lord Nobu looked like he was in heavan as he was enjoying the parfait. "If Lord Nobu is having a swell time, then I suspect I will too."<i></i> The Steward ate his parfait with less drama then Nobu did. Hakuren would see a slight change in Sousuke's expression as his eyes widened slightly. Nobu would look to him and give him a thumbs up, and Sousuke would do the same. Nobu would give Sousuke a strange look as the shadow jutsu over took him and gave his an animalistic skull.

Nobu would find himself in the company of himself with the paper clones. The Nobus would look at each other. "Who's that dashing man. Do I know him?"<i></i> The other clone would point to the other Nobu. "My what a coincidence meeting you here."<i></i> The whole lot of them would give pause to look at the red haired woman which in fact was a genjutsu. "Well now."<i></i> All three of the Nobus spoke. The real one would open the scroll. Nobu would read it over, and look over to Sousuke. "This is truly quite novel."<i></i> One of the other Nobus would speak up, "Brilliant even."<i></i>

Sousuke on the other hand was poking at his elongated features. He knew the jutsu, being that it was shadow garb. He hadn't activated the jutsu, and nor did he want such a form. He would look over to Hakuren. "How long do these effects last? Is it an universal time, or is it dependent on the dish?"<i></i> He would inquired. "Oh, and we'll take the bill by the way."<i></i>

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sousuke manages to figure out exactly what Hakuren is doing before even moving to the next dish. “Indeed. Immolation Armor to be exact. As I said before, It was my second mother who taught me how to cook. She was the inspiration to my methods for she also made the curry with Immolation Armor, but she did it differently.” Truthfully his other mother did not actually imbue the dish like Hakuren does. What she did was more of a parlor trick than anything, but still comes out to be the same never or less. Grabbing a bowl he places it in front of Sousuke upside down. Hakuren scribes a Combustive Seal on the bottom of the bowl and imbues the seal with an Immolation Armor. Once the seal fades away from view of normal eyesight, he begins to explain things. “I am sure you know what this is but just in case you are unaware. This is a Combustive Seal; A jutsu which allows the user to scribe a seal capable of holding fiery chakra.” He flips the bowl to its proper position and fills it with curry. “Here take a bite.” Should one of them take Hakuren up on his offer, he will release the seal on them. “It is a handy little trick that is quite underused.” In truth this would only be one example. The Combustive Seal can seal any fire jutsu C-rank or lower, which would naturally include advance elements containing fire.

Hakuren happily watches them devour the parfaits and sees the various jutsu take effect. “As you can see I can do quite a various amount of effects.” Looking at Sousuke in particular. “You might be interested to know that you can still cast your own chakra armor in combination with your own.” He looks over to Nobu who seems to be so smitten with himself he doesn’t even realize he now has a kunai made of paper on his person. “Same goes for you. You can add your own clone jutsu without disrupting the one currently present. I can only imagine what a squad of cooking-nin could do.” The jutsu used with this special move does not count towards the ally's limits, but does count towards the user's limit. This mean he can only give a person one chakra armor or clone, but with a group of people like him could do wonders.

Sousuke then asks a question that he oddly does not get asked as much as he should. “As long as I deem fit to tell the truth. I’m supplying the chakra to maintain it. I have help an individual once with a mission and put off sleep for a week so I can be sure it was still active for her. It can be difficult but I do what I can to help.” Often Hakuren only agrees to help with simple missions that would likely be completed within a days time. “Oh and as for the bill.” Hakuren points at the scroll that he laid before them already. Somehow it there astonishment they completely overlooked the fake mission scroll. “I suggest you read it. There may be a discount in it for one of you.” Every mission has a reward and his was discounts. For this particular mission the won who wins receives the discount.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke took the curry bowl and examined it. He raised it and sniffed it. He was being over analytical in this, and it certainly he was giving this the top down approach. He would indeed eat this serving of curry. There was what seemed to be mild curiosity in Sousuke's expression. "That is a little handy trick."<i></i> He would admit. The answer to his other question would come soon enough. From what Sousuke could figure out, the cooking ninja that Hakuren wanted to become sounded like a support staff type. Similar to a medical nin position, but it was not the medical nin's position to boost the effectiveness of others in terms of raw power. Medical ninja were more defensive. Hakuren explained his support role in a mission. "I'm no stranger to putting sleep off. Not exactly the most healthy thing to do ... especially considering the ramifications. I sleep ... occasionally ... when you're the Steward of the realm... there is always plenty to be done."<i></i> Sousuke was no longer the Kazekage proper, but his responsibilities did not diminish. Katuso needed help with paperwork, he needed to understand budgets, and ... usually it was Sousuke who had to step in when wanderlust infected Katuso, which happened from time to time.

Nobu picked up the bill, or rather the bills. The Noble looked over it and the mission card. He looked over to the illusion of the young woman, and then to Sousuke who curiously looked like the yokai. A smile would come across the large man's face. "My dear boy."<i></i> He began while he acquired his wallet. Nobu stood and stood tall. Unfortunately his face was blocked out for a moment. Nobu would lower himself. He would cough as if slightly embarrassed. "My dear boy."<i></i> He would begin again. He would place down what seemed to be six times? Seven times? It was a great multiple of what was owed on the bill. "This has been a delight. To offer us a discount in the face of such a fine meal is a crime unto yourself. A grave injustice that I cannot stand for. This dining experience has been enriched in ways that I have not been treated to for a long time. Long have I dined in the Diamond District, but as of late I have suffered mediocrity. This meal and the secrets has truly been a treat."<i></i> Nobu would nod his head. He would pat his stomach and seem quite pleased. "Maybe the next time, I may partake in the discount, but not this day."<i></i> Nobu was a public speaker, and with him he carried a certain noble charisma that was bold.

Sousuke would tap his fingers on the table. "You really did leave an impression on him. I haven't seen him this pleased like this in quite some time."<i></i> Sousuke would try and explain things a bit further. "Nobu is a business man, and given his ... speech, I think he wants you to succeed here and very much so."<i></i>

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“I am honored with your appreciation." This man was really craven isn’t he. Just look at the amount of money he is placing there to distract me from the truth.p Hakuren have known both poor and rich alike to jump at a chance to pay less despite how good the food was. Hakuren was not buying the man’s mono-log in the slightest. However would gladly take the hush money and not say anything. Did this guy just not like to fight or did not want to go up against the former kazekage? Either way Hakuren stops maintaining all justu thus turning everyone back to normal. Unsure How long he could keep his silence, Hakuren starts moving his mobile food stall to the next location of the day.

(left topic)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back