Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Neurological Discord [S-Rank Mission: Samejima]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hunt for a sample of Necrosis had begun for Samejima Naoki of Sunagakure. Normally, this was a mission reserved for a member of the ANBU branch of the village, but the village was facing a sort of shortage in manpower currently which is how the fortunate soul, if you could call it that, of our heroine was gifted with accomplishing a task that was usually reserved only for a select few. While the mission was merely a C-rank and she was only a Genin currently in her village, the higher ups had been willing to permit her to go on this dangerous task herself for one reason or another; she would simply have to investigate that reasoning at another point and time as she had more pressing matters right now like doing her mission and coming back in one piece or with minimum damage to herself since this mission was highly problematic due to various possibilities that existed out there for her.

The original mission was simple on paper: obtain some Necrosis and bring it back for the ANBU to do as they wished with it. She had even been given a vial from the individual that met up with her to discuss the objectives to her, but they had been straightforward and had not been talkative at all aside from doing the task assigned to them. During their meeting that was entirely one-sided, the skull-masked, darkly cloaked individual informed her that she had to do one of two options. Her first option was to gather information about the Order of the Scorpion, infiltrate their cult, and obtain a sample of the venom that the ANBU asked for. However, the other option for her was to gather information about how to extract venom from a Shuriken Scorpion, locate one, and extract the venom from it. Regardless of the option that she ultimately chose, she was going to have to be fully attentive and be able to adapt to anything thrown her way since this mission seemed like it had a lot of curve-balls waiting for her and if she was not prepared, she would simply die.

The only other information that she obtained from that meeting with that mysterious figure was the scorpions roamed in the desert and the Cult of the Scorpion were likely not too far away from them since they had a strange fascination. Aside from that like many missions given to the shinobi of Wind Country, they were vague and a lot of the pieces had to come together as the mission shaped up since it was hard to give out all the details as many of them were often unknown at the time.
latest

So Samejima Naoki of the Hidden Sand, it was your time to venture into the hellish wastelands of the Desert Expanse if you so wished. You had no real guidance to where to start nor what direction to either go since that cloaked figure had been so vague if he was even real. Maybe, he was just an illusion. Regardless, best of luck to you and be safe out there for one mistake could spell the end of your life. We hope that you have come prepared and come back in one piece, but we will send a search party out if we do not hear back from you in a week's time. Remember the mission and the objectives, but don't go out there trying to be a hero if the situation is not a winnable one.
OOC:
  • I hope you did not mind me taking control of your character a little to make more of a background story.
  • Links for my reference: HERE and HERE.
  • Please post your word count at the end of each post for the post and total to keep track.
  • I am not sure if I must keep track as the mod but I will anyways. This post was 586 words.

Samejima

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was unaware of whether or not this was really that difficult of a task, as there didn't really seem to be anything that would harm her if she were to just trudge on out to the sands and grab a scorpion to manhandle into dripping some venom into her waiting vial, but Naoki decided that if this was a C-rank mission as the paperwork suggested she would need to take the necessary precaution and actually do some legwork. The now-20 genin was excited, as this was one of the few higher ranking missions she'd been assigned to, and right after her return to Suna from her 6-year missing status. Man I hope I get to do some actual sleuthing around this time! As far as I remember, kid me only ever got to fetch things from Soon's and busywork like that. Oh but I'd better get someone to help me out with this stuff before heading out, much easier to just ask people if they'll go over the thing with me since I can't actually... read it.

Naoki walked to the nearest library, where she often found some friends who could help her with the nitty-gritty details. "Hey Takeuchi!" she called, forgetting for a moment that she was in a library. After getting chastised by the librarian, she apologized and turned back to her friend, who was cackling (silently) with laughter. Naoki sent him a swift smack to the arm and whispered, "Mind doing the usual, Take-kun? Got a shiny C-rank mission here for you to read to me." So he did, with dirty looks from the librarian. The middle-aged man was still respectful of Naoki's attempts to learn even with her disability, but he wished she'd picked a less grating boy to narrate for her.

Once he finished, she would attempt to ask him whether or not he knew very much about the scorpions she would need to procure, to which he gloated about having read "like 10 books this year!" That said, there's no telling what exactly the boy would know since "10 books" isn't the most telling of what knowledge he now held on the fauna of Wind Country.

[Feel free to take control of Takeuchi and/or the librarian if needed, but Naoki will basically try and gain some information here and sorry for the late!]
[WC: 363]

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In a somewhat shocking surprise, you decided to go to the library to get more information about the mission that you were assigned instead of rushing into it and hoping for the best. Many shinobi from your village would have easily heard or read the mission once and trekked off to do as they needed without any preparation or research, but you had been different and were using your head. It was possible that you did not know much about the flora and fauna of Wind Country since you were a younger shinobi and still wet behind the ears compared to your superiors that had been doing this for a lifetime compared to you; but, you sought out a friend that could likely help you in more ways than one.

After you made a loud commotion and irritated the librarian, your friend would review the mission and then respond to your request. "Sure thing, Naoki! Your objective is to obtain a sample of Necrosis for the client whom I would assume is an ANBU as the mission explains that they need to synthesize a certain tool for interrogation purposes from the venom of the shuriken scorpion. Unfortunately, as it is a dangerous task and they are short on manpower for this comparatively menial chore, they have had to delegate it to members of the rank-and-file Sunan shinobi, though not anyone who hasn't been trained enough to handle at least one of the creatures. From the looks of it, the ANBU were trying to give you two different directions to focus on that best suited you. The first option is to learn information about the Order of Scorpions. Then, you will infiltrate where they are located and obtain a sample of the venom. The second option says you will need to learn information about how to extract venom from a Shuriken Scorpion, locate one in the desert, and extract the venom safely. In my opinion, it might be better to focus on obtaining a sample than going into the desert since you do not know where they are located nor how to extract their venom. Then again, infiltrating the location of the cult is also a dangerous task. Ultimately it is up to you, Naoki!" He would trail off after he finished to gather his thoughts as he seemed like a nerdy kind of individual if he read that information so flawlessly and without much trouble in his voice at all.

However before he could relax, his friend would ask him if he had any information on the scorpions which prompted him to smirk which didn't really matter as Samejima Naoki could not see! After a moment to gather his thoughts and clear his throat, he would begin: "Yes, I do know about them. They are the most poisonous arachnid found in Wind Country. They prefer hot and dry settings, but there have been reports of them in other parts of the world, but they are more scarce there. They are only about the size of a regular shuriken if you would want to venture out to find one. Let's see what else....oh, they carry a powerful poison called Necrosis which can cause severe nerve and tissue damage that include paralysis, burning numbness, and well you would die if not treated immediately. The creatures use their stinger for their method of hunting and to protect themselves and they are know for being quite aggressive so be cautious if you decide to go after one. They are a nasty creature as nothing seemingly wants to get near them due to their lethal venom from their stingers so if you decide to go out there and find one...be weary if you cannot sense or hear anything nearby. I personally would probably go for trying to steal some venom than to try to locate a scorpion and extract the venom." Again, he would trail off to let her absorb the information and possibly begin to conjure up a plan for herself. A lot of information had been thrown at her in a short amount of time so it would likely take a few moments to digest it all before anything else could be said or done.

After waiting a little bit, her friend would would look at her and simply ask: "Do you wish for me to continue? I have more information that I can provide if need be. You just to let me know. It is about their venom and the Order of the Scorpions though, both of these subjects are more hazy for me and I do not recall all the details unfortunately."
OOC:
  • I am not sure if I must keep track as the mod but I will anyways. This post was 771 words.
  • Total Word Count so far for me: 1357 Words

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back