Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

New Flesh, Ancient Soul.

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a typical day in the mountains. The winds were bone chilling, the sun was beaming, and the air was miniscule. It was a great day for any inhabitants of the Earth Country, maybe not so much for any outsiders however.

Kurai, just joining the academy, had been learning the ins and the outs of Ninjutsu. Kurai loved to learn new things as his father imbued in his that there is no knowledge that is not power. He had already completed his physical regiment for that day. A two hour jog in higher altitude had put a great strain on his body and left it incredibly sore. Kurai loved the feeling. However, he had not begun his mental training yet and figured it maybe time for something new as opposed to just meditation. At the end of his sprint, he ended up near the Accolade's University.

I haven't read any books in quite some time. I need to obtain as much knowledge as I can before I put my plan into action anyways.

Kurai had been told a story by his father before his passing away. In the beginning, when the Fayth had just come into play in the Earth Country. There were many old, wise, and powerful shinobi who helped protect the land. The each had many tattoos, which were said to grant them extraordinary powers. About a year ago, Kurai had put two and two together and come to realize that the tattoos must've been cursed seals on the ancient protectors his father told him about. More than likely just a myth, he was still interested in cursed seals. The ability to essentially put a part of oneself onto another being or themselves to grant the marked one either great power or great pain intrigued him. If he could learn how to do such things, he might one day become one of the greatest shinobi alive and could protect anyone anywhere at anytime.

I'll read up on cursed markings! Maybe the university's library would contain books about them..

Kurai ran into the University, sneaking around so he wouldn't be seen. Nothing would happen to him if caught, he just preferred to practice stealth. Kurai ran up the stairs outside of the library and entered it. He immediately took a temporary vow of silence. He would not ask anyone anything about the subject he cared to learn about. That might ruin what he had planned in his near future. Kurai scanned many books, of many shelves. He had found it! Or so he had believed. An old, worn, beaten book with a strange title: Starobylý jazyk starých bohů. He was unsure about what it was. Maybe this odd finding would help him advance himself one step further to reach his goal so he could carry out his plan. Kurai opened the book to page one and began to read.

Tam bylo mnoho zkoušek a soužení dopředu.Pět požehnal své lidi s obrovskou hromadu kamene, nečistot a štěrku. To však k lidem připadalo jako ne požehnání, ale prokletí. Jak by mohli pěstovat plodiny k jídlu?Vzduch byl těžký dech. V vanoucí větry přinesl zimnice, které pronikly něčí kůži a napadl vložek z jeho kostí. Ale lidé si věřit pěti. Jejich víra byla silná, a bez ohledu na to, že výzvy před námi, s požehnáním svých bohů lidé by překonat.<i></i>

Kurai could not decipher any of the texts that were in this book. He had to know the meaning.

What does this stuff mean? Why would we even have a book in the Earth Country with an undecipherable language? What is this language?

The curious boy approached the librarian with an intent on breaking his vow of silence. Before he could speak the librarian handed him something. A small notepad and a pencil.

"You'll need this too sweetie!", said the librarian with a shot of joy in her tone.
"Oh! Don't forget this too! You'll need it!". The librarian handed Kurai a book entitled: Language of The Old Gods.

Kurai kept his vow and simply smilied back at the librarian and walked off to an open table so that he may study.

There were many trials and tribulations ahead. The Five had blessed their people with a huge pile of stone, dirt, and gravel. This however to the people seemed like no blessing, but more of a curse. How could they grow crop to eat? The air was hard to breath. The blowing winds brought chills that penetrated one's skin and attacked the inners of his bones. But, the people had trusted The Five. Their faith was strong and no matter that challenges ahead, with the blessings of their gods the people would overcome.<i></i>

Kurai reread what he had read before, only this time he scribed the words onto the notepad and translated them via the book the librarian gave him.

Hours went by, Kurai only felt them as minutes. He was so interested into what he was learning he had completely forgotten about the original topic he cared to look up. He had forgotten he needed food, as he hadn't eaten since he completed his physical training. He was infatuated with his people's history and that they spoke such a majestic language. He was dumbfounded by the fact it was uncommon to hear it anymore.

Even more time had passed. Kurai had accumulated a small dictionary of words with their translations on the notepad. Time had really slipped by Kurai. The librarian approached the young boy, whom one could tell was in deep thought, and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Sweetheart, the library is closing. You're the last one in here. It's dusk already".

Kurai stood up calmly. He broke his vow.

"May I keep this notepad 'mam", he asked.

"Sure thing sweetie, but I need the two books and the pencil back", she said with a grand smile on her face.

Kurai bowed to the librarian and politely handed her all the borrowed materials other than his new notepad, or dictionary one might call it. Kurai exited the library and the librarian locked the door behind him.

Ancient Bohemian is interesting. I cannot wait to get home, I'm going to memorize all these words. It may take me a few days but I'll surely get it eventually

Kurai placed the notepad into his pocket and made sure it was secured.

I'll take a jog on over to the ramen shop. I'm sure my grandparents made nothing for me to eat. On top of everything, I'll clear my mind and try to retrace some of the steps I read about in this book. Once I get my food, I'll begin studying this language again. I cannot believe I stumbled onto something so cool

Kurai began a slow paced jog on over to the ramen shop. After all, he was a growing boy with a large appetite. And his body needed some more fuel so his brain could continue it's learning process.

[Word Count: 1192]
[Attempt to learn Ancient Bohemian]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back