Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Nightmare City <Open>

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
A sharp jar against his head woke the thirteen year old up from a deep slumber. Shinjo opened his eyes with bored abandon as he gazed out at the moonlit plains that seemed to stretch out forever ahead of him. A cold wind whipped his kimono to slap against his face and expose bare flesh to the icy air. After a moment the teen realized he had fallen off a rock that he had supposedly slept on despite remembering crawling into the bed of his godparent’s home. Yet, there was no trace of confusion in Shinjo’s deep red eyes as he rolled up into a sitting position. The youth held his right hand out and touched the ground laid out before him. Rolled his fingers through the grass, gripped a loose rock, even dig his fingers into the dirt; the last made his heart rate pick up.

These were illusions. Tricks of his mind that made him believe he was somewhere else in the world instead of where he last fell asleep. It was a problem of the teen, long before he had moved into Kumo, but since his exposure to the high altitudes the episodes had begun to increase. Doctors were calling them night terrors, but to him, they were far more than that. Depending on how real everything felt was how long these nightmares last. Usually, digging his fingers into the ground gave him the security of his location, but tonight it appeared the realm he saw had dragged him deep inside once more. He stood up now, knowing that he was still in his own house, but the moonlit plain before him remained the same. A small panic began to settle in the boy’s stomach as he considered just holding still until someone found him, but knew that too was impossible. Time flowed however the creature that kept dragging him here wanted it to flow. The cold wind drove down on Shinjo again, and with clenched fists, he began to stride forward into the open plains. At first, he darted from left to right, ran as fast as he could, did everything in his power to run into a wall in the home he hoped he was still inside of, but inevitably, the child wound up exactly where he didn’t want to be. Even when he tried to slam himself into the boulders that dotted the mysterious plans he simply dashed right through them. Now, Shinjo looked up at the very trees his father used to cut.

Across the plains he so brazenly ran through was a dark pine forest that blocked the moonlight. Inside of this forest was something the boy was terrified of. He had no idea what it was, only that whatever it was, it wanted him dead. Shinjo tried to turn around to go back the way he came only to find the pine trees wrapped around, as if he had already walked past the dreaded tree line. The small panic in his gut turned into an outright attack as his heart dove into the same pit. Without a single moment’s hesitation the boy began to dart through the trees, his heart thumping so hard he wanted to vomit. Without looking back he could feel that something stalking right at his heels, just barely keeping up. The Tsukinowa absolutely felt something horrible breathing down his neck, a claw cut at his ankle, and a swipe that just grazed his kimono. Shijo’s bare feet pounded harder against the stick and stone ground as he raced to outrun whatever evil barreled down after its easy meal. Then, just like that, he blinked and was staring back at the tree line; his sudden stop making him drop to his knees and roll a little. Shin slowly raised himself back up to stare at the pines again, and dared to turn his back again to see if the plains he had walked from was there; this time they were.

The snap of a tree branch made his body jump. Cold sweat soaked his small clothes as he grit his teeth and turned, slowly, to try and witness was stalked the trees with the nauseating force of killing intent. His body stiffened up, red eyes sweeping left and right, but they saw nothing. The panic returned with gusto with the sound of a sudden heavy wet thud at his hands drawing sudden attention down. The balding severed head and trident beard of his father stared up at his son with dead, guilt stricken eyes. Shinjo grabbed the temples of his head that began to pound to the point of explosion as he let out a scream. The boy jumped back and felt something hard strike against his back. The top of his head slammed against cold stone, jarring his eyes to remove the visions of horror and replace them with the plaza of shops surrounding the statue of Aion. Nearly all the shops were closed save a few late night eateries and maybe a convenience store or two. His confused eyes looked around at the area of city he had not been before and wondered how long it was going to take tonight to find his way home; again.

[MFT]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sound of shinboi boots brushing against the paved roads echoed through the district. The voices of merchants and traders spouting their deals and specials to civilians and ninja who walked through the alleys. The sun had set and the lights of the Dawnbringer Palaza were illuminating the world around them.

“Even with these pretty lights…” I felt a glove hand rest on my shoulder. Whenever she did that I could feel her soothing warmth radiate on me. The accident and near death experiences shattered my nerves, literally and physically. Constantly I touch the bandages on my neck and arms. I have to roll my black sleeves up on my robe to adjust the bandages from time to time. The itching really drives me insane.. It reminds me of my death which provokes the memory of that cold darkness that was felt. A chill ran down my spine, but it settled with one glance up at Naibu and her golden locks.

It never occurred to me how much I’d rely on her. Maybe I am a weak ninja after all. Anbu Sennin was just a title that felt more like a curse day by day.

“You could always ask to be demoted.” Naibu said.
“Lower your voice. Besides, I don’t want to let the Raikage down.” I fanned my hand to signal her.
“Then we’re going to have to get stronger.”

Silence plagued my voice. She was right, but sparring as the ANBU Sennin felt awkward. The position should’ve been handed to someone more combat ready. “If you don’t stop being negative I’ll beat your ass.” Gah… Even my contract is tired of supporting me. “You’ll get stronger. How about a confidence boost. It’s been a while since you treated me to some good food.”
“I’m still shocked that you actually want to eat food. Where does it go? You’re a…”
“Let’s call it my forbidden jutsu and keep it at that.” A rosy smile appeared on her lips. As contagious as she is I couldn’t help but smile in turn.

My pale ears twitched at the hastened sound of footsteps bolting across the pavement. With a swift turn of my body I avoided the cause of the commotion. Infamous red eyes of mine remained fixated on the teen that fumbled forward. Brown hair in a strange kimono but that wasn’t what piqued my interests. Another unstable kid who possessed red eyes. An uchiha no doubt, not so much a rarity anymore even back when I was a student. Long black tresses of hair invaded my gaze at him, it was weird not having a mask on, but he finally came to a panicked halt at the base of the Aion statue.

I adjusted my focus to peer deeper into the anatomy of the now screaming teen. “What the hell is his issue?” The sporadic muscle movements and accelerated heart rate held many disturbing signs. My instincts told me to move on and forget about him. Maybe if it were not a teen that was close to my age. But my legs had their own ideals to follow. I moved to stand before the panicked teen who had minor bleeds and scraps along his body. A bandaged hand of mine slipped into the chest pocket inside of my long shin length black robe. The collar was ‘popped’ to hide the bandages that wrapped up to my neck. Between my index figures was a small piece of paper that would act as a bandage for the small gash on the brown haired kids head.
“It’s not like you to go out of your way to help the mentally ill.”
“You’re so harsh. Besides if he is a weirdo we’ll bail.” My head was turned to look up at my towering contract to beam an angry dagger into her gold eyes. She’s mean to everyone who isn’t me… I’d be a liar if I said I didn’t enjoy it.

“What’s the matter with you? There’s nobody chasing you.” I was a smidge taller than he was... Damn it why am I always the shortest person! Those puffy black bags under his eye showed signs of insomnia or stress. “Were you under a genjutsu?” My fingers were quickly brought up in front of my lips, “Kai!” Due to my curiosity I leaned into view his interesting red eyes-- What the heck? No tomoe!

Last edited:

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Shinjo was lost in his own little world for a moment. He never noticed Miro coming up beside him, and the words she spoke sounded like he was hearing them underwater. As she gazed into his eyes looking for tomoe, she would notice that while he wasn’t an Uchiha, they did look unnaturally deep. The longer Miro stared the more likely it would seem she could just climb in an fall into those wells that were his eyes. Then she grabbed his wrist and shocked his circulatory system with a jolt of her far more refined and stronger chakra. The jolt struck his mind like an 80mph wind and Shinjo very nearly fell over. The deep gaze of his eyes snapped and a sudden clarity filled them despite the bags hanging beneath. It was like seeing Kumogakure for the first time. He had lived here already for a little while, but had never seen such vibrance in the buildings or the lights.

For a full two seconds, he didn’t do anything. The Tsukinowa felt a clarity in his mind he hadn’t since supposedly cutting down his own father. His head turned to look around with eyes that were actually seeing everything and not with the blurred edges of insomnia. His vision finally fell back on Miro’s and caught her face. It caused him to gasp and jerk his body with a shock as if she had spooked him by suddenly appearing. Shinjo felt his bare feet scramble beneath him and like a cat who was just caught in the trash bin as he attempted to pull his wrist free and dart. He had no idea who this was, why they were holding onto him, or what the consequences of a youth his age being out beyond curfew would befall himself or his godparents. Of course, he found out quickly he was going nowhere. The woman holding his wrist was clearly leagues stronger and found the sudden jerk of his arm moving backwards, the effect of his sudden jolt forward, sent his feet flying up into the air as he landed on his back against the cold stone. The boy looked up now with half-fearful eyes as a light snow began to fall down on the plaza.
I-I-I’m so sorry! I have no idea why I’m here! Please, I don’t mean to be out so late! I have a condition!” The youth suddenly yelled as he felt a panic slowly take over his body.

His father had never been a fan of shinobi, clearly as they had cost the clan its fortune. In the short memory he had of his abusive father, one of the things that stuck out harder than a rusty nail in a dilapidated house, was how scary they were. More times than Shinjo cared to remember of his father’s beatings was how much the man kept screaming that he wasn’t the one the boy should be afraid of; it was the goddamn ninja that made him that way. So, if Miro didn’t immediately reply to the child’s panic, he would curl his limbs up to his body in a quasi-fetal position. The boy bit down on his bottom lip and prepared for the punishment he inevitably deserved for breaking rules. At least, it was what he expected.

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I could see the history of a hard life when my own red hues stared frozen into his fake eyes. Red eyes and not even an Uchiha? Perhaps a bastard child of a failed Uchiha relationship. It was clear after another few moments that he suffered from preexisting conditions. With titanic grip I clasped my bandaged hands around his frail wrists to check his pulse. Sporadic and inconsistent. Like an owl staring at prey I couldn’t help but let a deviant smile appear on my lips.

Simply holding onto his wrists caused him to throw a spastic fit. ‘Marvelous.’ I thought to myself. As of late most kids that were orphans throughout Kumo either were kidnapped and sold as slaves or turned into lethal ninja. Not really being the scientific type I decided there’s always a time and place for new hobbies. Baggy eyes, terrible fits, skinny and frail. Naibu’s gaze onto my shoulders weighed heavy, but she knew what I’ve always wanted to try and accomplish.

“I-I-I’m so sorry! I have no idea why I’m here! Please, I don’t mean to be out so late! I have a condition!”

“There’s no curf-'' My free hand rose up into Naibu’s direction to signal her to silence herself. Quick to follow orders my gaze never left from the scrambling brats eyes. “Out this late? On my streets none-the-less.” With one handed seals performing subtly out of his view, the tomoe in my eyes started to swirl. I attempted to invade his mind and control what he really saw with his own fake eyes with Kotoamatsukami. Within the genjutsu he would experience many falsehoods that seemed real with his own eyes. Like guiding a blind sheep into a wolf's den under the guise that I'm just a trusty shepherd.

“Usually we lock crazies like you up in the deepest parts of the medical building. Straight jacket, padded room, lights on 24/7, administering cure tests. The whole nine.” My tone of voice turned silvery with a hint of femme seduction. As far as I know, I just tried to sound like the Raikage. “Digging into your brain to find the root of your inadequacies. How’s that sound?” How about an ultimatum. “Sounds good right? You’re too weak to make any decisions for yourself.. Unless…”

A bandaged hand dug into the pouch underneath the robes on my hip to pull out a sharp paper kunai replica. I squeezed his frail wrists to open the kids hand, forcing him to hold the knife. “Wait, what are you doing?” “Quiet Naibu.” Bandaged fingers wrapped around his as he held the hilt of the kunai. Without hesitation I aim the sharped point an inch away from my throat. “Unless you can stop me.” ‘What are you planning….’ ‘Just seeking out potential and impressionable ninja.’ The control was all in his hands… or so he would think.

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Now he had done it. The moment the words “on my street none the less” came out of Miro’s lips, the child knew his illness had finally landed him in hot water; or better perhaps, hot oil. His quivering fearful eyes stared up deep into the red eyes that mirrored his own. He saw the Tomoe within begin to move in a circle around her pupil, and his body felt like it was being dipped into warm goop. Something akin to relaxation took over his body and a weight overcame his eyelids. Shinjo was tired. The weight of his family’s death drug his soul down to the dirt, and for a moment the thought occurred to him that, perhaps, this person was placing him under a sleep hypnosis. His godparents did this whenever he lost control of his emotions or suffered from a panic attack. It was easier for his brain to process whatever triggered the reaction beneath the heel of sleep.

This was not sleep. The weight on his eyes faded but the titanic grip that held onto his wrist like a heavy weight did not. When the child forced his eyes open, Shinjo found himself back in the cabin he was raised in. Fearfully the boys eyes shot around, looking at the floor first to find the bodies of his dead parents. Instead the “floor” was the ceiling. A drop of something wet and warm struck his cheek from above, making him recoil and reach up with the hand that didn’t feel weighted to wipe off the wet substance. Shinjo’s pupils narrowed as he saw the sticky red blood wiped from his cheek, and slowly craned his head up to see the bodies of his parents. Up there with them was an image of himself holding his father’s sword and a blank stare of fury.

Usually we lock crazies like you up in the deepest parts of the medical building…a voice whispered into his ear. Shinjo could feel a lump in his throat that was making it hard to breath. Quickly he turned his eyes away from the scene and found himself instead in a padded room. The light was so bright it hurt. He attempted to raise an arm up to shield from it, but found himself bound instead. His arms were tied behind his back in some kind of sleeves. The youth attempted to stand, but that too was thwarted. Eventually a bit of the padding opened up,
Straight jacket, padded room, lights on 24/7, administrating cure tests…the opened padding revealed two men, one with glasses and one without, and those were the only two features that could be picked out - everything else was covered in medical equipment. Before he could react one of the men rushed over and held him down. The other casually walked forward and produced a drill from behind his back. The “doctor” knelt down and placed the drill near Shinjo’s temple.
Digging into your brain to find the root of your inadequacies. How does that sound?The whirring sound of the drill drowned out his screams as it bore into his skull.

Unless…

The Tsukinowa felt a grip on his stomach let go, and the scene that was painted inside of his mind melted away. He could still hear the sounds of whirling drills, the sounds of a blade cutting through flesh and bone. The maddening drip of blood against his face as he felt warmth trickle down neck and into his kimono. The child’s red irises shook. They looked around to see that he was back, once more, under the grip of Miro. He felt something being placed into his hand, and it felt like the shape of a kunai. He was just learning how to use these weapons. They were a throwing knife, but, also heavy enough to be used in hand-to-hand combat as well. Versatile and deadly by design, the woman handed him a weapon and questioned if he could stop her. Could he? The boy felt a panic rise within him. To stab this woman would be to end this misery, or so he assumed, but that would only confirm the very thing he feared; being a murderer. So much of Shinjo’s joining to the Academy was a wordless suicide letter. His hope was to be just good enough to save someone else, and hoped that in doing so he could both redeem his sin and die. The youth already had it in his head that he wasn’t supposed to be alive. He was never meant to exist. His parents instilled that hard within his mind, and he had done the unthinkable and caused their deaths. Adults who could of changed their lives for the better had he not existed…his eyes started to turn down away from Miro. Back to the ground. Where he once again saw the severed head of his late father.

No. A simple two-lettered word that he had only seen used in negativity. This time, however, he felt the word rise up some kind of strength within. No, he wasn’t going to let Kumogakure just throw him away. No, it wasn’t his fault that his parents died tragically. No! He deserved to live! Not even a full second after lowering his red irises, they shot back up and Shinjo planted his feet to the ground. Using his whole weight the boy screamed, this time in defiance, and lunged for Miro’s throat. Something she had done finally pushed the boy to a breaking point that everyone had been too friendly to try. “Kids Gloves” was the exact term to be used here for the child who had lost everything and suffered for it…but in the end, all he needed was a good, hard, push. Something to tip the depression over into anger and self-righteous fury.

Shinjo decided to live now, not for himself, but to spite the ghosts of those who wished it against him.

[MFT]

Last edited:

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The bead of sweat that dripped down the side of his cheek, the loud thumping of his heart accelerating in his chest, his body conforming to the sweet words I had spun for him. The genjutsu activated purely based on his emotions. How kids handle stressful situations based on their mental state was something I had to gauge personally. A child with no guidance will always fail by either cracking down and succumbing to the genjutsu. The fear inside them rooting them in place… a sad state.

My sharingan watched his muscles twitch violently as he stood. The paper kunai aimed at my throat suddenly moved. Once on a blue moon, a kid will choose to fight when backed into a corner. The sharpened point of the kunai lurched forward, piercing skin. Without hesitation Naibu’s arms flexed to reach behind her to grip the hilt of her blade. “Why you little!” Right as her fingers coiled around the hilt the picture image of myself burst into white sheets of confetti. The lethality of the usual paper sheets was reduced to curly sheets of paper confetti that couldn’t possibly shred him to pieces. As he held the knife My hand reached over his left shoulder, clasping onto his left wrist. A swift kick to the back of his knees was sure to make him kneel in compliance.

sasukearm.png
I ripped his left arm back into my grasp while I pressed my foot right between the boy's shoulder blades. ‘Have faith Naibu.’ I whispered to her mind. It was interesting to see this bewildering young mind choose a worse fate than he could imagine. “A murder attempt? Not your first time is it?” Threatening to pull his arm out of its socket I grinded my boot into his back. “Pretty bold move from a schizophrenic fraud.” I couldn’t help but giggle at his situation. The boy kept digging a deeper hole for himself. Why? Lack of critical thinking could be the case, aside from the mental trauma he seems to have endured.

The days I was a slave were wretched and vile. Five years of a walking hell even at a younger age than he. The nightmares that plagued the life of a slave were vast and putrid. I’d never wish it on anyone, deciding to more forward even in the worst of times to better myself. A small dream I’ve come to accomplish with my time inside Kumogakure. However you don’t get eyes like these from happy tidings. If he were a true Uchiha that vengeful spirit of his would shine brighter than the Sol above.

I could teach him to harness his hatred into a weapon… or… In a blink my past washed over my mind. A glimpse of all the smiles and friendly smiles that were given to me to improve my miserable life. Guiding one down a path of misery turns my stomach thinking about it. “Why don’t you tell me why you’re acting so strange and I might just let you leave with two arms.” But before that, I had to dig for the cause of his trauma. Only then could I guide him in the right direction.

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
It happened so fast, Shinjo didn’t know exactly what had happened. On second he could feel the blade piercing the neck of his opponent, and the next she was behind him; at least this time he didn’t black out. There was a flurry of paper that flew past him, then suddenly his knees were kicked out. The teen felt his arms being twisted at nearly the same time, and all he could question at the moment was: can someone really be this strong? This fast? One second he was being tormented with an illusion, then the next being toyed with like a doll. Could a Kumo Shinobi really be this strong?

The idea that his father was terrified of shinobi didn’t seem so laughable now. He froze, wondering what went wrong. The foot pressed into his back pushed the joints of his shoulders right at the sockets, pulling a cry of pain from him. The woman who seemed bent on tormenting the boy accused him of having murdered before based on his actions, and he couldn’t deny it; Shinjo didn’t even try. It was the whole reason he was even in the village to start with, the whole reason he had went into the academy. A beast laid dormant in his heart and roared to be released against the world beyond. A creature he repressed without knowing, and continued to out of guilt for the death of his parents. A part of him really wanted Miro to pull and break both his arms - perhaps then he would never hurt anyone - but a clinch in his gut and a rush of adrenaline in his heart made his muscles tighten in defiance.

I…I don’t know why, but sometimes when I sleep my body walks on its own. I have…vivid dreams of a creature in the trees, and my father’s…head. Before my godparents got custody of me I lived out near the Southern port, and yeah…I guess I killed my Dad. I don’t know. He stabbed Mom, and then the next thing I knew everything went black…when it stopped being black I had Dad’s sword and he…” the boy’s arms relaxed as he relented to the truth of his father’s murder, “…didn’t have a head any more. Attached I mean. I think it rolled into a corner or something, I…don’t know. I registered at the Academy last month hoping they could fix me but…all I keep getting is more concern. And all I really want is…to just…I want to sleep again…

In truth it was the main problem. If the child could simply sleep peacefully for a full week without the racking guilt of his family’s death being laid perputally at his feet, Shinjo would no doubt have a lot of his own problems clear up. The fact that he fought through Miro’s genjutsu was telling of his innate ability to resist powerful illusions, and in his body was the ability to be a swordsman. In the right hands, the teenager already showed signs of being a great tool to be added to Kumogakure’s arsenal - it all depended on if someone important enough noticed before Shinjo could truly go mad.

[MFT]

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I continued to threaten the boy with painful tugs of his arm while he spilled the details of his life to me. The sweet information of a traumatic past that should never be revealed to random shinobi you meet on the streets late at night. Rookie mistake. My past has only been explained to one person, Naibu, and it's because she literally lives inside my head. The rest of Kumogakure just believes I’m a scarred teen who became sennin. With this information I could weave the strings of guilt in his mind to create another lethal shinobi for Kumo. Hell, he was able to break free from Kotoamatsukami as an academy student. Resistant to moderately high level genjutsu has its benefits.

The most delectable piece of information was the fact he slaughtered his father. When positioned in a stressful situation he decides to take lethal action instead of run. A pity that his critical thinking is jumbled up with a traumatic past. His words held the truth behind them as his arms relaxed. With strict training this young teen would… no… will serve the ANBU nicely. All he needed was guidance, and who better to lead him than I?

Naibu audibly sucked her teeth. The tightening of leather gloves around the hilt of her sword echoed out and in a flash it was drawn. The enormous claymore planted itself up against the teens neck, executioner style. The sharp blade drew minute droplets of blood, “You want to sleep so badly? Then do it. Take the misery of your life into your own hands and cut your neck open.” My eyes ran up the length of the claymore and Naibu’s arm into her own gold eyes. She’s gotten over protective of me since the incident.

“Naibu. At ease.” Her aggression stemmed from the accident but I knew deep down she still had a soft spot for tormented teens and kids. This kid even sparked an interest in myself. A broken boy who could break genjutsu and avenge his mother. ‘Heh, he thinks killing his father is wrong. An avenger in denial.’ My long black tresses swayed side to side, toying with my ideals always made me chuckle. Just like the other student I pushed into the life of ANBU I’ll do the same to this one and keep him under my wing until I release him to the wolves of the world. But until then… Without a word a stunning haymaker connected with the back of the boy's head. It was a sudden hit and the strength behind it was enough to make a fat man lose his lunch two days prior. Taijutsu wasn’t my specialty but I still could fist fight with Naibu and come out the victor. ‘My ass you can!’ Her voice invaded my trail of thought again.

“You didn’t even get his name before you knocked him out. You’re just a kidnapper.”

“Not true. He tried to kill me. I just defended myself…”
“Of course. Where are you going to take this kid to nap?”
“The academy can house him for a fe--” Wait a minute…
“Fell right into it. Let’s get out of here and toss him into the academy.”

I rolled my eyes and followed it with a heavy sigh. Quick with most things that come my way but Naibu’s jokes always caught me off-guard. It wasn’t even that good! Silently Naibu sheathed her claymore, and with one hand she clutched the top of the boy's shirt and lifted him up over her shoulder. A few pats of my leggings to dust them off we both vanished from the plaza. Who knew how long the kid was going to sleep for but the academy was always being monitored.

[Topic left with Shinjo, if he allowed it ;P]
[WC:623]

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
When the blade touched his neck, Shinjo felt the cold steel cut effortlessly into his flesh. The pain wasn’t immediate, but a slow burning sensation on his neck alerted his body to the warmth trickling down into his dirty clothing. The boy’s body was split into a duality. One half screamed “move”, but the other waited for the merciful blow that would end his miserable existence; Miro’s grip did not lessen either way. Shin knelt there, powerless to stop either shinobi from striking him down, but a burning flame inside kept him from holding still and there was an obvious struggle against the Sennin’s hold. The blade cut in a little deeper from the minor struggle before Miro forced her companion to withdraw it. Before the boy could utter a thank you or a swear, a sudden force struck him in the back of the head. The world went black, but not from just a state of unconsciousness. The blow was strong enough to jar his brain around, forcing him into a “sleep” where his brain could do nothing but repair itself. There would be no dreams, no mental anguish for this child now, as the ANBU Sennin’s attack would easily knock the child out for an entire week. In the deep sea of black, all Shinjo knew of was himself, and it allowed him to do something he hadn’t been able to do since the unfortunate end of his parents…

Rest.

[Topic Left w/ Miro]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back