Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished (Calling Kitsune)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
To the guards it would likely be a unique sight. From out of the wilderness came a man, walking, in a black single breasted pocket suit with peak lapels. Matching dress slacks were under the jacket, while a white button up shirt with a black bow tie completed the look. His shoes were obviously hiking boots, but even they seemed to have been shined quite recently. Indeed, he was utilizing wind mastery to keep dust off of his outfit as he moved, and chakra to repel it from the soles of his boots. It wasn’t that difficult a trick, and appearances mattered.

Brown eyes look up at the gates as he lowers his pack to the ground and pulls a letter from his breast pocket, his lips moving as he reads it, the goatee circling them glistening as it oiled just recently. Finally he looks back up to the gates and waves the letter at them. ”This was written by Shinrya Kitsune. Please bring her here. I come as a representative of the Hokage, Uchiha Takeshi. I speak with his authority and voice in all matters relating to our former alliance.” Words well chosen, and deliberately emphasized on the former.

(Topic entered, calling Kitsune)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A black haired, golden eyed young woman traipsed just behind Maki's left shoulder, her long hair was pulled back in a loose braid that fell to her mid-thighs. She was not nearly as done up as her companion, dark black boots and pants were clean though not nearly as pristine as Maki at the moment. Her top however was a little, well, over the top. It was a deep scarlet, low cut tank top on top of which she had a black cropped biker-jacket. She also had on black finger-less gloves. She felt comfortable and ready for nearly anything.

The gates of the village hidden in the clouds were noteworthy and only made her itch to see the gates of other hidden villages, to see how they compare to what she was used to back home. She wasn't originally certain if she was going to approach the gates with Maki, but had decided to do so, just in case.

She watched in silence as her husband pulled a letter from his pocket and made a show of reading it. She had read the report of what happened the last time Maki came to these gates and what the actions of those within had caused. Perhaps knowing the alliance was over would spur them into getting themselves in gear and putting their village back together. Though for a village who has been snubbing the details of their alliance, who knew if they could ever be trusted to the previous extent again. No shinobi ever fully trusted those of a different village, at least not without a trial of faith or long-standing relationships, and spitting on the working relationship between the two nations put them right back at square one: no trust.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Maki read the letter aloud and then requested Shinrya Kitsune be brought to the gates, one of the masked guards at the gate relayed the message to the Raikages office, letting her know she was needed. Seeing as she’d wanted to keep the alliance alive, she shelved the work she was handling and made her way to the gates. As it was in official capacity, she wore a white haori, with the insignia of the office of the Raikage on the back, over her usual suit and skirt combo, as well as the Raikage hat that came with her position.

Only some five minutes after being requested at the gates she had arrived. ”Maki-san! An unexpected pleasure.” she said with a smile and a light bow ”I’m glad one of the letters I sent made it to Leaf. Though it would seem the one I sent after the one in your hands never made it to Yondaime Hokage-san. Ah, but where are my manners, as the newly coronated Juuichidaime Raikage I must say: Welcome to Kumogakure. Would you like to continue the conversation inside, or would you prefer a secured office here at the gates?”

With that, Maki would most likely know what had happened since his last visit. And with those things said and done, Kitsune looked at Hoshirei. ”I don’t believe we’ve met. Duchess Shinrya Kitsune, 11th Raikage of Kumogakure. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” she said, giving another light bow. The ball was in Makis court now. Would he accept her words, or would he claim they be outrageous in nature?

[MFT; WC: 266]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei was at his back, a presence he had become beyond comfortable with, and indeed one he sought out quite often. If he’d been told when they met that he would not only grow to love, but rely on her he would have laughed off whoever spoke such drivel. But here it was, the man with the broken mind and his stalwart bride. A marriage neither of them had wanted had turned into something he could not do without. He looks back as they wait, smiling tightly at her.

His head snaps back around as Kitsune walks into view, all smiles and pleasure. Even a bow. He lets her go through her pleasantries, taking in the information that a second letter was sent, stating she was newly coronated Raikage, and trying to get them out of the open. She had a hat and haori, but anyone could recreate those. As she speaks to Hoshirei, Maki begins folding the letter up in an odd way.

He’d fold both sides halfway between each other, putting a distinct set of angles on the paper. Then the top corners get folded in, then the new top corners go to match. Another half fold and a quick fold on the back ends and he would reveal a paper shape that looked angular and sturdy. He takes aim and lightly tosses the paper airplane, which begins sailing to the red headed Duchess. It began floating across the air currents of the mountain pass, some wind jutsu seeming to be propelling it to her like an ambassador of good relations and innocent fun between their two nations.
rK7jyao.jpg

Halfway there its engulfed by a fireball, dropping to the stone floor under their feet as he reaches up and runs a hand through his head. ”The treaty between Konohagakure and Kumogakure has officially been severed. As of my last visit to these gates, we uncovered evidence that Kumogakure, under the leadership of the previous Raikage, not only ignored multiple terms of the treaty, but sent outright lies to his supposed allies. We kept to our end of the alliance, but it appears we were the only ones. Sending letters for us to come visit your village after such violations of our agreement only serves to further divide us.”

He runs a hand up his lapels and pulls them tighter to him before continuing. ”If Cloud wishes to make peace for these gross betrayals of our trust, a delegate must go to Konoha to explain why they occurred, and convince us they will not be repeated. I would suggest the Raikage, if your village ever manages to find one instead of you continuing to try convincing us you have the position. Or one of the people from Leaf you were supposed to kill and/or return to us for judgement that we know for a fact you’re hiding in your village. Until a delegate appears in person, any further attempts to communicate with our village, from the lowliest Academy Student up to the Hokage himself, will be viewed as harassment of our sovereignty and will be given a swift and severe response.”

Takeshi hadn’t sent him to repair the alliance, but to severe it. And indeed, so long as Kitsune was prancing about claiming to be the Raikage, an act that she tried last time and it was quickly disproven, Maki had no interest in doing anything more. Fool me once, shame on you and all that. He motions to his wife and turns to leave, ignoring Kitsune’s offer for hospitality in its entirety. He wasn’t here for comfort. He turns on heel and motions for Hoshirei to head out of the pass, back from whence they came. He'd done what he came to do. How Kumogakure responded was up to them. Together, they walk back off this damned mountain.

(Topic left unless stopped)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei returned Maki's tight smile with an almost imperceptible one of her own, allowing him to see the affection she carried for him, though few who knew her would be looking for any sort of tell in her countenance. A countenance which otherwise remained serious. There were times where she still played the role of her youth, the air-headed girl with a presence that wasn't entirely there, but this was not one of those times. Perhaps she would need to find an outlet for that persona, make sure she could fall into it when necessary. After all, it is generally better to be underestimated when one was in her position.

When Kitsune approached in the full Raikage get-up, Hoshirei was unsure how to feel. Yes, it was possible that Cloud had finally elected someone and determined the Raikage would be Kitsune, but the uncertainty still hung in the air for the kunoichi. Her acknowledgement of Maki made sense and Hoshirei understood being happy to know some sort of word had reached the opposite village. What she did not understand was not sending a messenger or going to the destination yourself when you did not hear word from the other party. Kitsune did invite them inside, which was kind, but proved she either did not receive the full message from the gate guards or was acting obtuse on purpose.

The possible Raikage turned to acknowledge Hoshirei now and introduced herself fully. Hoshirei had known the woman was referred to as a Lady, but hearing that the woman was apparently a Duchess almost caused her eye to twitch. It must be the difference in culture, but she could have sworn introductions were supposed to occur before any other words were spoken, especially when one recognizes one member of a visiting party and not the other. She may have grown up away from the main body of her clan, but she knew proper protocol when meeting foreign dignitaries.

In return, Hoshirei dipped her head in acknowledgement and remained silent save for a single sentence before Maki did his paper airplane trick. "I am of the Isaki clan and a shinobi of Konoha. It is good to put a face to a name, Lady Shinrya."

Once she was finished speaking, she listened to Maki's words and watched for a moment before turning to follow him away from Kumogakure.

[Topic left unless stopped, if stopped I stop Maki]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: :3

IC:
Summertime~~~ and the living is easy~~~

Nah, it was not summer. Wait, what season is it now? Hard to tell here in Kumogakure, where the weather is always terrible.

But the living is easy though, at least for those like Shikyu who has the support from higher-ranking Shinobi members, such as Sendatsu. And Shinrya-san. And Yuu-san. And more. They were all good people, and they were all able to influence matters.

On that note, he really needs to eventually tell Sendatsu to stop sending him off to meet Kitsune as an errand boy. Shikyu had other things to do, better things than to facilitate... whatever kind of relationship Sendatsu and Shinrya-san have. Was it love? Shikyu shook his head. No, based on his (admittedly limited) knowledge of the workings of the world, it would not be love. It would be something akin to... a brother and sister relationship? Perhaps? Ish? Hard to put it in words.

Anyways, Shikyu had only been at the Raikage tower a moment ago, and was told Kitsune had stepped out to the gates, although she was supposed to be expecting him. At least, that was what Sendatsu had said, before laughing. From his prior experience, half of the time it was true, the other half, it was just sprung onto Kitsune out of nowhere. But just in case...

Well, just in case, Shikyu had arrived at the gates, luckily finding that Kitsune was indeed there.

He ran up to her, slowing down a little bit upon his approach, and finally stopping by her side to the right, before saying what he had to say. "Shinrya-s- I- I- I mean, Juuichidaime Raikage-sama-" Shikyu corrected himself, as he bowed his head slightly in courtesy, blushing at the fact that he kept on forgetting how to address her now. Sendatsu had told him to relax, but something kept on telling Shikyu that the Raikage deserves, and demands, respect. Not sure what. Amnesia is not fun. "I have a message from Sendatsu-san, he-"

Before Shikyu could finish, he noticed the two Shinobi of Konohagakure leaving, and was a bit puzzled. He did not recognize them as Leaf-nins, per se, but they did dress rather... excitingly. Who were they?

Yes, he was entirely distracted now. Perhaps not a good show for a Chuunin, but then again... he was always excused from these behaviours, for generally it meant he was remembering, or trying to remember something, from a lost past.

Unlike the Leaf-nin, both Cloud-nin were dressed their parts. Kitsune was in her full Raikage garb, and Shikyu was in the standard Chuunin garb - a Kumo-nin forehead protector, a Chuunin vest, shirt, pants, and shoes. The only non-standard items he was wearing, were two decorative pieces - one was an armlet, the other a pseudo-necklace of sorts.
150385.jpg

Attached to Shikyu's back was a sheath that contained a massive blade.

Yep, he looked like a very standard Chuunin.

OOC:
[Thread entered with PC Monzaemon Marushijūkyū.]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune raised an eyebrow at the very obvious doubting of her words and paperplane-crafting of a letter she sent. ”Whatever his reasons might have been, he is no longer around to break agreements.” Kitsune said bluntly about the former Raikage ”He kept the specifics of the alliance to himself, and not even the council that elected me as Raikage knew the specifics of it.” she continued with a sigh ”Regardless, last time I was merely handling paperwork as an interim. Now, however, the title and responsibility thereof is mine, even if you do not wish to believe it.” she finished, placing her hands on her hips and almost inaudibly sighing.

Then, rather unexpectedly, her young student Monzaemon Shikyu showed up, apparently with a message from Sendatsu-san. ”Ah, Shikyu-kun, great timing. These two are dignitaries from Konohagakure. Why don’t you inform them of the Councils decision a short while ago?” she suggested, hoping he’d verify what had happened at the coronation. If anything, she might just have to go to Leaf to get all this sorted out. Truth be told it was a real shitshow, caused by the former ANBU sennin Okada Kaji and the not-actually-mute-but-acting-like-it Mutey McMuteface ANBU who had rather publicly been made ANBU Captain right in the middle of it all.

”If travelling to Leaf is what I have to do to try and salvage this mess, then I suppose that’s what I’ll have to do.” she said, sighing again. ”And perhaps this might change your mind. I’m sure you know the significance of a wax seal stamp.” she continued and sent a piece of paper with the seal of the Raikage on it over to Maki with the usage of a mild wind jutsu while holding up the stamp and illuminating it so he could see that the two marks were an identical match, if he bothered to look, that is.

[OOC: Stopping Maki and Hoshirei from leaving right away.]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It appeared some people didn’t understand the common tongue very well. As Maki turns around to leave after giving his speech, the Raikage begins throwing more words at his back. He stops as she does so, her own words quite foolish. Maki finally turns around and begins pulling off the leather glove covering his left hand, revealing a skeletal appendage beneath it. ”So that absolves the village of this transgression? He was elected by that selfsame council, the responsibility for breaking the treaty doesn’t die with his vanishing. Stop trying to deflect the blame.” He begins walking towards the gates once more, his face grim.

”That’s enough of your claims. If you wanted me to believe you, perhaps you shouldn’t have lied to me the first time around. That you continue to do so insults me. That you ignore my warning to cease communications with any members of Konoha until such a time as a delegate goes there shows you think my warning to be hollow. That you speak as if I am beneath you and a mere insect shows that your ego needs to be put in check for any future alliances to work.”

The new paper is swiftly ignited like the last. ”You have contacted a member of Konoha before the conditions have been met. Prepare for your swift, severe repercussion.” He wasn't going to kill anyone he didn't have to, but this woman's insistence on having things her way when the ball was obviously not in her court was going to be given its due response.

(Calling BMOD
NOTE: If Kitsune's next post is leaving the thread and letting Maki and Hoshirei also leave, then call is canceled.)

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune shook her head. She had tried to prove her identity but apparently that wasn’t good enough for the tormented soul that is Maki. She turned to Shikyu ”Don’t talk to them at all, and lets head back inside. You said Sendatsu had a message for me...” she said, the voice trailing off as they headed away from the hostile Leafies and back through the enormous and heavy gates, leaving Maki and Hoshirei on the outside of the village.

[Topic left with Shikyu; Take care now, bye bye then.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikyu gave one last glance at the strangers, before heading back in with Kitsune. Heeding her warning, he refrained to even look at them as he re-entered Kumogakure. He did not fully understand all that the stranger had said, but he got the gist of it. Something is terribly wrong and... did he say Konoha? Yes, he did.

Shikyu knew that Konohagakure is one of the other Shinobi villages... so then, this is very bad, right?

Anyways, it was best that he discuss it later, once he and Kitsune was back inside the confines of the village.

OOC:
[Thread left with PC Monzaemon Marushijūkyū, unless stopped.]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She almost could not believe that Maki had to turn back around and set another piece of paper on fire. What part of "your turn to come to us" did they not understand. Thankfully, the drama ceased with whatever the second individual brought into the conversation. She honestly did not care at this point and just wanted to make her way away from this village's gates. The shorter time she spent in this place the better. Once Maki was finished and the supposed raikage left the vicinity, she turned back around and walked off in a southerly direction.

[Topic Left]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As they flee from the obvious threat in his demeanor, Maki turns on heel and follows Hoshirei back out of the vicinity. Cloud would have to come to Leaf, and they would have to follow the requirements set down by Leaf if they wanted this to continue. They would learn that breaking trust carried consequences.

(Topic Left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back