Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Old Friends [Azusa/Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Desert Crown... A popular district for the more privileged residents of Sunagakure, and the chosen destination for the young heir to spend his day.

"Ahhhh.." Yanjirou sighed, it was finally time to relax. Ever since his return, his days had been filled with business. Handing in reports, informing his family of his return, speaking with Lord Toraono about his future. Even for one accustomed to a busy life style, it was nice - necessary even - to have a day off and get your mind off of things. Today, he'd invited his old caretaker so that they may catch up.

Remembering that the woman was always more comfortable in places of higher class, the young Byakko decided that the Crystal District would likely be the most appropriate place for them to meet. He had chosen a cafe that - for the Desert Crown - was rather quiet, and now awaited Azusa. Not expecting her to be punctual, the boy had already ordered himself tea in order to pass the time a bit. He wore his usual attire, which had changed from when he was younger. Now, he preferred to wear a sports jacket with pants to match, and a normal shirt to counteract the dress clothes. Of course, his sandals remained - he would have to be insane to wear any kind of closed footwear in Wind Country.

As people passed, they stared at the boy, fascinated by the ears atop his head. Although they associated this trait with his clan, such an odd appearance would likely never be considered "normal" amongst the populace. At least now, the boy had come to terms with this once embarrassing oddity, and had no issue allowing his ears to be seen.

"I wonder if there's any point trying.." Yanji mumbled, his image of Azusa still being rather willful and self centered. There was no telling if she'd changed since they last spoke, but hopefully he would find that out soon enough. Closing his eyes, the boy took another sip of his tea...

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Today was a breath of fresh air for Azusa. For months upon months she had been confined within the Byakko estate, hidden away from the eyes of her clan while training under the watchful eye of Kyuji to regain her lost strength. But each day staring at the same walls and going through the same motions wore her patience thinner then the last. If it were not for the strength and skills she was developing, the blonde kitsune would not have known why she was being so reserved.

...But not today.

Hearing that Yanjirou had returned from his journey outside the village, the vixen immediately leaped at the opportunity to justify leaving. As the young heir to the Byakko clan, why he had been allowed to leave the village unattended, she could not understand...But he had returned, and of course Azusa was curious about anything beyond the desert. Her ties to the Aikayume had always kept her within the confines of the village...But with the Aikayume cutting ties with her...well, there were far more options available to her.

Her emerald eyes scanned the diamond district street, a place that was once very familiar to exiled priestess, but now seemed like a faint memory under her current situation. She wanted nothing more than to regain her place among the Aikayume and reclaim her pride and wealth. Someone would never have guessed from the elegant dress she wore that it was only by the Byakko's sympathy she even had a home.

---There

She spotted the white ears atop his head, and knew she had found her target. Or at least, thought she did; the white eared boy was much different than the image she had in her mind before he left. Despite her uncertainty, she approached him with confidence; "....Stand up straight, Yanjirou." Should he turn to meet her, Yanji would realize he was under the intense scrutiny of her eyes, analyzing the differences between him now from what she remembered.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A voice would break Yanji from his trance, causing him to turn around and be met with a relatively familiar face. Shooting to his feet, the boy gave a deep bow, "It's been quite some time, Azusa." Smiling, the young Byakko almost immediately noticed that he'd finally outgrown his caretaker, a fact that he imagined she'd take rather harshly. Besides her stunted growth, he also noticed that her other physical attributes hadn't really changed much either, yet the eyes that now scanned him seemed almost... Hungry. Probably just his imagination, considering all of the wild beasts he'd dealt with outside of Sunagakure.

"Please, take a seat." Motioning to the chair opposite his own, he would pull the chair out for the woman and wait for her to sit down before returning to his own chair. Upon reseating himself, he would call over the waitress in charge of their table and allow Azusa a moment to order what she wanted - taking a sip or two of tea himself, before crossing his legs and leaning back a bit. Once he was sure she was situated, he would speak.

"So, what has my caretaker been up to the past two years?" One thing the boy hadn't lost during his trip, were his manners. He knew that suddenly spouting nonsense about his own trip would be rude, and allowed his company a chance to speak first. If or when she began informing Yanji of any events she found applicable, the boy would lean forward to focus as much as possible - wouldn't want some minor, forgotten detail coming up in the future and embarrassing him after all.

"Hopefully this woman has even the least bit of interest in what I've been doing, otherwise this meeting will be cut far shorter than I'd like." He thought, still imagining Azusa to be too self-centered for her own good. Perhaps she'd grown so much mentally, that her physical body simply stopped in order to compensate?

Muramasa Maya

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was certain. Once Yanjirou stood, she confirmed that he was indeed larger then the small kid she had seen before, but more importantly, taller than her. Rather than be annoyed, her analytic gaze melted into a pleased smile; "...My. I see you have grown quickly, Yanji. And how polite!" She took a seat that was offered, somehow doubting this was the same boy that barricaded himself with walls of books in his room. She took care to adjust the seat to give the five golden tails behind her ample space of course; she is and always would be ever so picky what she allowed to touch them, and the chairs were certainly unworthy.

Regardless of his growth or her lack-there-of, he was still 'little Yanji' in her mind. He was so fun to tease when he was tiny, and had the desire to discover whether it was still the same...But shelved the impulse for the moment to take a moment to gaze at the menu. After a brief review, Azusa ordered herself coffee, making sure to remind the waitress for extra cream. Her favorite, though to be fair the fox tended to enjoy the cream itself more than the coffee. Regardless, she was impressed with Yanjirou's choice of location. "And to actually consider inviting me out here? It seems seeing the lands beyond the desert have helped you mature far more than those books ever did." She praised. Yes, that was a compliment.

Her eyes narrowed into a perplexed look in response to his question. Well...she was still a genin. The loss of her clan's sacred blood also caused her to lose control over chakra, something more than a minor set back, with the majority of the past year devoted to her rehabilitation. She couldn't really advance to chuunin with that roadblock in the way...Azusa decided against mentioning this. "I have...been training with sensei...your father. You could say I am nearly his equal in all ways; if not, surpassed him." Sure, she might have eviscerated Kyuji and a few Byakko clansmen during a training session or two, but it was entirely accidental, and certainly not the result of her own lack of self-control. The little Byakko heir had no need to know of such minor details, right? "I am even staying at the Byakko estate. Meaning... I will have plenty of time to see you now, little Yanji. You are back for good, correct?" To be honest, with all the chaos she had gone through, she had all but forgotten about her favorite toy; what possibly could have kept him away for so long?

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yanji's presumption that Azusa hadn't changed much was correct, at least on the outside. He accepted her "compliment" with a smile and nod, knowing that she wasn't really capable of much more than that if she wasn't willing to swallow her pride. After having placed her order, the boy listened to her explain that she'd been not only training, but staying with his father. This was strange, to be certain, but his still relatively innocent mind didn't pervert the statement. Azusa's comment on surpassing his father went unnoticed, "Why would you have to stay a the dojo? Last I remember, you were still a shrine priestess for your clan..." Of course he would be in the dark about any events that might have unfolded in his absence, but he cared not if she chose to tell him.

Once - if - he received an answer, the young Byakko would ease his companion's mind, "And of course I'll be staying, I can't promise it's for good, but certainly for some time. Unfortunately, I can't promise that we would be able to see each other often, either, as Lord Kuro will begin training me soon enough." The boy wished to avoid mentioning his rise to power, as it did not apply to the conversation, but was unsure of what the girl knew.

"That aside, I'm sure you'd like to hear about the things I've seen since leaving?" Despite his tone, Yanjirou really didn't intend for this to be a question. He knew that Azusa had been pent up in the village even longer than he had, and was certain that any stories that may give her an idea of what the outside world would be appreciated - whether she asks for them or not. "Well I'd be happy to oblige." Her actual response didn't matter, and Yanji would begin telling her about what he'd done for the past two years.

"Now then, Wind Country really wasn't much more than you've seen - even down here. It's simply covered in sand, and the heat is arguably even more unbearable than certain spots in the village itself. However - crossing the border - there's almost an immediate change of scenery. Trees, in larger groups than I ever could have imagined being pent up here, and three times the size of the ones we've attempted to grow in the new residential district. Mountains of rock and vegetation, rather than sand. Speaking of sand, there's a substance that resembles it rather closely, but is cold to the touch and clumps together, called "snow." It falls from the sky, and accumulates on the ground. As for the villages I visited - or, village rather - Kumogakure was built atop one of the mountains I mentioned previously, and one of its residential districts is even said to be built on a gargantuan demon corpse. All of their buildings are large and extravagant, each one clearly having years of thought put into it." The boy would pause, realizing that he may have gone a bit overboard. "But I digress, the point is that the world outside of Suna is rather amazing, and I suggest you try to find time to take a trip yourself." Yanji would now remain silent, allowing Azusa to speak after his tangent...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back