Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private On a Search, Hope in Finding [ Private ]

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Arriving with Kei, it was close to sunrise as they ventured to find the ANBU Sennin. The boy thought that the teacher might have been sleeping during such hours, but there was also a good chance that he was already out and working. The inside of the Hokage Rock was made into an HQ for the ANBU. The place was very secretive if one didn’t know about it’s existence.

When younger, Toshi thought nothing of a secret hideout within the rock. Now, he was scouring around looking for his Sensei, who was also his father. ”I can’t believe this place was built within the Hokage Rock.” He mentioned the thought as the two passed by a window, revealing a beautiful scene within the village. The dim lighting of the morning sun gave them a view, but during the evening hours, the scene was much easier to much easier to view.

As they continued to venture, the boy kept a calm demeanor. Patience was key when one went out on a search. With patience, maybe he would find them first. ”I know he’s around here somewhere.” His words to Kei were to assure they’d find him at some point. He hoped sooner than later.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was enough of a pain getting in here, and now they'd have to actually find the guy. Leaving via the village gates, the both of them had to follow a route through the trains, into the wilds of the Land of Fire until they happened across a small makeshift station, hidden amongst the rock and the foliage. A cart which scaled a system of winding tracks would take them up to where they needed to go, into the system of caverns within the Hokage heads on the Rock overlooking the village.

"Tell me about it," said Keiyaku pensively, his mask secured to his face. Moru gave a little noise which might have indicated curiosity. Both boy and dog made sure to take a good long look out of the window, marveling at the sky turning from inky black, to light blue, and then to pale red, with tendrils of glittering sunshine stretching sedately across the village below.

"I think," Keiyaku began, sniffing the air, "he's either here, or he's been here recently. This place sure has his scent, as far as I can tell."

Moru gave a bark of agreement - he certainly agreed with Keiyaku's assessment.

"Dove, man, you sure you're okay, and you're still feeling alright?"

He somehow knew, deep down, there was nothing to worry about but he still couldn't shake off the shock of what had happened; he could still smell the immense chakra he was carrying, and couldn't quite sidestep the goosebumps on the back of his neck.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
He'd been sitting in his office.
No labels were on the doors, and no signifying traits beyond what the ANBU Had been trained to observe.
Members of the branch, or at least those of ANBU or higher rank are meant to easily find the correct office, it wouldn't help for the unitiated in this that offices also shifted every other week. Best option for AiTs is always to find a superior officer to direct them, but if none are available or none were to find, it'd make sense their ways would easily be lost, ending up with wandering the corridors of the ANBU HQ for days if not weeks.

One morning he had arrived early, with a mug in hand and a herbal cigar in his mouth the smoke making the nostrils on the beaked mask bellow fumes, a tired groan escaped his mouth as he walked up to his paper-pushing assistant already busy sorting papers for him to look through, mission requests, mission reports, status reports, and not to mention the sheer amount of data he'd been requesting lately on the outlying villages. In his mind he thought those villages are the first line of defense for the village and should be where the information network ought to be the strongest, gaining these statistics and cennsus data could be crucial in establishing said network.

As he stood above her, she didn't look up but her hands paused for a second, then continued addressing him with her words, "Sir, this stack over here" she pointed to a small stack "are mission requests that's arrived through our affiliates out in the field. And this stack" she pointed to a smaller stack "are the reports on enemy observations in the last 24 hours, and lastly," her hand pointed to a massive stack of papers, almost making the wooden table underneath groan and moan. "this stack here is the data you requested."

A sagely approving nod, "Great, have someone bring it all to my office." he said walking off "Understood sir, also!" he paused briefly. "Your students have been wandering the halls looking for your office, it might be smart inducting them in our ways of navigation." his shoulders slumped slightly, almost sensing the extra weight he'd have to take on today with them wandering about. Looking down at her, he responded "Thank you, I'll go see to them right away. I'll leave my coffee and cigar here, just get them to my office if you can, thank you." An understanding nod from the assistant and off he went, leaving his cup of coffee and cigar with her.

He found them quickly enabling his byakugan and using his chakra senses to see where their steps had taken them. He keep forgetting how these halls are in their own way alive. Those that are not aware or attuned to their senses of the unique signatures within can find themselves lost easily.

Always so fond for the dramatics, he hid his signature as he approached, blending himself with the shadows and the darkness within, his black and gray robes gave no shine or reflections enabling him to enhance it further with his skills in the darkness. As they continued walking he assessed them, recognizing them both, he slithered out of the shadows behind Keiyaku, and allowed his existence to be sensed, he was only mere inches away from Keiyaku and Moru at that point.

In as fatherly and caring a tone he could muster in this moment, he interrupted their thoughts and words. "I assume you are here for me?" His white beaked mask with it's hollow eyes stared down at them. These two are the only ANBU that knows whos face rests underneath his mask, but within these walls you never know who is looking or listening so he kept it on.
He waved his hands indicating the walls, ceiling and floor. "These halls are meant to play tricks on those unfamiliar with it, if you're not careful and if you hadn't been noticed by our sensors as soon as you entered, you could have been lost within here for a long, long time." He almost wished another ANBU had approached them and simply directed them to him, but they had all apparently come to a unanimous decision to simply leave Keiji's students to Keiji directly.

Regardless though, here he was.

"So what brings you here?" he asked, tilting his head like an inquisitive bird, his eyes rested upon Toshi, realizing the shift that had happened in his signature, he seemed changed, different, and ultimately in the sense of it, not himself. Having seen his signature every other morning or so, had made him keenly aware of the minute changes within his son, and this time it had been a greater shift than what could happen through normal training.
"You seem different, what was it, Dove?" Using the name he could have only overheard or perhaps he just always had an ear to their every word, the uncertainty on which would be fun to hear from their lips he thought.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the duo continued on the boy tried to note the hallways that they’ve been down. He started to become unsure of if they were lost or not. Coming to terms with the idea of “if we keep walking we’ll find him” he continued to move his legs, keeping himself with a positive vibe. ”Nice! If he could keep hold of sensei’s scent, I’m sure we’ll find him. That’s a great way to track guys.” Tracking someone down was mandatory in ANBU, so having such skills would only put one ahead. It was something the boy was still working on, but Kei and Moru seemed to have it down packed.

As for Kei’s question, he knew it was obvious that he still was stuck on whatever transformed him back there. He didn’t want to seem ignorant of his surroundings, but he knew the others could tell that he wasn’t there entirely. He closed his eyes and gave a smile. ”No worries. I’m not going to be defeated by whatever this is. In actuality, I’m going to study and become a great at this… thing.” Still in his transformed state, the boy handled his emotions with mastery, though he still wondered what exactly it was that moved him.

It wasn’t long before the boy began to feel a presence. A smile graced his face as he recognized the signature. ”We’re here.” The boy said, holding out his arm indicating the signal to halt. They didn’t need to go any further, he knew that presence from anywhere. It was his dad. Hearing the voice come from behind them, the boy knew that he was correct.

He turned around to face the masked man. Hearing him explain the hallways of the ANBU corridor, the boy noted to himself that he would have to put himself to the test one of these days. If he could make it all the way to the office without being sensed, he’d note the achievement that he’d accomplished.

’Hmm.’ The boy remembered why they were there, and what he wanted to ask in the first place. The thing was, now in the actual presence of the ANBU Sennin, his mindset was a bit different. He had time to think of what he wanted to say, and had been pondering on it all the while. From his words, he knew that his change was already noticed.

”Gate duty was awesome last night. Jackal, Flamethrower, and I achieved heights that were recognized by those on duty.” He thought back to what went on during duty hours, wondering how he could test what was achieved. Instead of asking for help on what the three had seen, he decided to go a different route.

”ANBU-Sensei, is there a way to put us to the test? You know, see if there is a way that we’re up to par with what we’re dealing with?” He decided to go in a completely different direction. Asking for help wasn’t beneath him, he just wanted to know the truth behind what the three had learned. If he could find out while in action first hand, he would consider the results, and then maybe ask about this new found ability afterwards. If he failed miserably, then he knew he’d have to get the help that he sought. He knew Kei would probably question what he just did, as it wasn’t part of the true plan, but Toshi was confident in what he was asking for the three of them.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I... don't mean to sound like an ass, but I kinda figure you gotta know what it is first, before you can become great at it, right?"

Keiyaku's nose twigged onto what was going on a split second after Dove ordered him to stop. A familiar scent greeted him from behind, but, much sooner tahn he could physically turn his body around, he heard a voice in his ear, a voice that, by now, he derived a certain degree of comfort from, but always gave him a mild sense of trepidation. He looked up into those clear, white eyes behind the raven mask and felt himself going a little rigid. Morutobu seemed to be having a similar reaction.

"Corvus-sensei, uh.. Yessir," he replied respectfully, getting over the initial shock of seeing him and feeling his frame relax somewhat. He smiled warmly up at his teacher, Moru giving a joyful bark but looking as though he was physically restraining himself from jumping up at the Sennin and asking him for pets.

"Yeah, about the gate duty, sensei. I... ended up joining Dove on that... well, Tanuki here and I did," he began, gesturing down at Moru, "only because there was a kinda... inci-"

The Inuzuka paused, looking over at Dove who'd just asked for some kind of test. He wanted a mission already? He let out a tiny sigh. Normally he'd jump at the chance for a mission; it'd give him the chance to stretch his legs, put some new jutsu to practice, but for one thing, he didn't feel all that prepared on such short notice, and for another, he was more worried about Dove's mysterious condition.

"Sensei, I gotta report it, can't just let it slide. Something real weird happened to Dove out there. It was like, some sort of aura took over him for a moment, we felt it wash over us pretty strong. Maybe you could use the Byakugan to check him out? It was like... all of a sudden I could smell this huge pool of chakra. Was a little intimidating..."

Moru gave a little grumble of assent, clearly agreeing with Keiyaku report.

"But yeah, if everything's all fine of course, I'm totally down to take on some ANBU duties! Anything I can do to work towards becoming a full member of the team!"

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Standing up tall, and stretching his back, he indicated with an arm movement for them to follow him, and then he walked down the hallways, made a few quick turns and then stood in front of a blank, grey door, no outlying signifying signs on it to indicate what was within. Grabbing the doorhandle, adjusting it and pushing in he directed them to follow.

Inside was a non-descript room with a large desk inside with several massive stacks of papers, a hot cup of coffee, and a small herbal cigar next to it, the walls were fitted with small wooden boards with a small space inside covering all 3 walls. Onto them here and were hung shelves with a few books here and there.
He stood within and awaited them to enter, closing it behind them.

Turning to face them, he addressed their questions finally.
"A mission perhaps you say?" the sunken hollow dark eyes of his mask stared at them. Moving his gaze from Keiyaku, then to Toshi. He kept staring for a bit.
"Your chakra signature has changed significantly. You're gonna have to tell me all about it.."

His still gaze returned to Keiyaku, "I may have something actually, I recently received some info about a village that hasn't had any recent reports sent. Most likely they are blocked from sending anything. Key parts is to get to the village, find the cause, find our informant, a fellow Anbu in Training like yourselves if I recall correctly, and if possible solve the problem, or, if things are too dire leave and report."

His gaze shifted between the both of them. "Although I'll say, perhaps you should bring a third member, seeing as it might get dicey, make sure it's someone able to support you both." he shifted his stance and took a step closer to his desk, where the papers sat, readying to take up the paper with the mission details on it.

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kei continued on about gate duty and the happenings, the now yellow eyed boy was sort of relieved that his new condition was mentioned. It told him that his new friend had a heart, and actually did care for others. The small smirk concealed under the boy’s mask would go unnoticed, but that peaceful up aura that seemed to follow his new transformed state seemed to grow a little. It was good to know that others had his back. He knew that he could go on a mission with Kei and not be betrayed while out there.

As they were told to follow, the boy nodded to Jackal and Tanuki. As they moved behind their leader, Dove didn’t pay too much attention to the hallways they went down. Memory wouldn’t serve him well with these hallways. They could change everyday, just as the officers in the office could be transferred to a new room every so often.

Looking at the office they entered, it seemed as though there was heavy duty work being done. The stack of papers seemed to go on forever. As he saw the cup of coffee he couldn’t help but think to himself, ”This sure is Keiji-Sensei’s office.” Thoughts of being home and seeing him sip on his cup of coffee was all too familiar.

As talks of a mission was mentioned, so was the talk of what happened during gate duty. ”Well, I was out there about to perform my Sage Mode technique, but I realized I didn’t have the ability to accomplish the technique anymore.” He knew that he’d let go of the technique after a while. Even his cat summons were released as he broke the bond that he had with them. ”And then, I was on the back of this giant dove, and it soared me over this massive sea. An overwhelming feeling of calm… peace, flooded my being, and I felt this immense chakra flare up inside of me. Even now I can barely contain it. I look different and feel different. I don’t know what caused such a phenomenon, but it isn’t painful.” The boy gave a shrug. ”It’s half of the reason why I asked if you could send us on a mission, the other half being that I feel that we’re mature enough to handle our own in aid of the village.” He couldn’t say much more than that, but he felt confident in what he and the Inuzuka could achieve.

As ANBU Sensei mentioned that there was a mission available, the boy couldn’t hold in a giant leap and a ”YES!” As he landed, he made sure his mask was still on snug. He also forgot that a mission also meant that something may be going wrong for those who were innocent. He made sure to keep in his emotion as they were informed of the ongoings.

As the mission informer moved to his desk, Dove looked over to Jackal. ”I think Flamethrower would be a great choice, but if not, we’d have to go out and look for a third.” He wondered how Kei felt about the mission stated. If he and Moru agreed, it would be his first mission out of the village.

Edit: Proofread fixed errors

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Walking into their sensei's office, Keiyaku took the opportunity to take a look around the small space. A slightly pang of discomfort formed in his stomach as he took note of the tottering piles of papers and the lack of breathing room. True, it wasn't uncomfortably small perhaps, but it made him crave the open wilderness of the woods, somewhere he could run without bound. The idea of sitting behind a desk within the confines of a mountain cavern-system utterly terrified him. Morutobu seemed to be thinking similarly, but did a much better job than Keiyaku at hiding this, making the boy inwardly thankful he was wearing his mask. When he looked over at Dove though, he let out a sigh of relief; he felt strangely comforted by his presence, and whether that was down to the strange aura he was exuding, or merely the fact he had made so few good friends in life, he did not know.

"You think you want to test it on something so sensitive, Dove? What if it kills you?"

He wanted to kick himself - here was a ready-made excuse to get out of the village for a bit and make some real, solid progress into becoming a fully fledged ANBU officer, and he was complaining about it. Still, he had to follow his own advice:

Be the smartest guy in the room, not the strongest.

He felt a bit stupid thinking it when he was in the presence of the ANBU Sennin, but it wasn't a bad idea to try to live by it regardless. Moru, or rather, Tanuki, let out a loud yip of joy just after Dove had exclaimed. Little seemed to ever trouble Moru. Something came bubbling up to the top of Keiyaku's mind though, when a certain Yamanaka was mentioned.

"Corvus-sensei... about uh... Flamethrower, I think Dove called him... are you sure he's... do you think he's... I mean.. he ignored a direct order from you, and then tried to skewer his future ally. I... really hate to rag on my comrades, Sensei, but how can I trust someone like that on a mission when.. well... I can't even trust that they belong in the ANBU."

Though Keiyaku's face was hidden, his slit-pupilled eyes seemed unable to meet Keiji's blank ones. His face burned with shame as he spoke, feeling like he was now the one being dishonourable.

"If Flamethrower's busy, yeah, we should find a fourth buddy to join me, Dove, and Moru. Any chance of hooking up with another AiT from another country? Seems like that might be our best bet!"

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Listening quietly with a fixed gaze as Toshi described his experiences, his Byakugan flickered as he sensed the aura from Toshi's reaction to Keiyaku's words gave him plenty of clues as to what exactly happened. A smirk encroached on his lips underneath the mask "I may have a theory."

Turning to Keiyaku as he expressed his concerns over.. 'Flamethrower' as he's been nicknamed, Shusuke clearly, based on how he's being described. "While I see your point" he gestured with his index finger. "I believe there is something good in him yet, don't discount his aggression for malice, as in that moment all he saw was his own failure." He paused, then turned to his papers, continuing to speak as he walked over behind the counter, finding a pen and scribbling some notes on it. "He wanted so bad not to fail in his objective he was willing to spend your blood on it..."

Then handing the paper to Keiyaku, on it he'd see the description of the mission, their codenames and the seal of the Hokage with a small indent in the corner of it, a secret sign of it being ANBU, and not the Hokage himself, but only those familiar with this identifier might notice it, and instead just assume it as the Hokage one.

Continuing on "Take that as you will, but I wouldn't fear a lack of teamwork or ability to finish the mission from him, as long he kept seeing your teamwork as essential to completing it."

Straightening his back again and looking back to Toshi. "Now regarding this new development, I think I know exactly what it is you're experiencing." His gaze intensified and stepped to the side of the desk closer to Toshi, and in a lowered tone he addressed it more firmly. "I think what you need is time to meditate.." He let the words sit in the air. "And I don't mean sitting in a lotus stance and humming to yourself to quiet your thoughts, I mean genuinely try to work on your senses, really focus on your emotions. You might start seeing things and not understanding what or why, but keep focusing on your emotions and your attachments and I'm sure things will start making more sense."
With his index finger he touched Toshi softly on the chest where his heart was. "Focus on this, your feelings are going to become a lot more.. Intense in a way.." Moving his finger back again and leaning himself back on his chest briefly touching the stack of papers justle slightly as the weight adjusted. "If it all gets too overwhelming we can have a private training session and I'm sure we can help get you sorted with your newfound abilities quickly, I know my fair share of unique abilities and traits that exist
in our world, I have a lot, let's say, personal experience with it."

His gaze followed a wooden beam on the wall going up to the roof of the room. "There exists hundreds of unique traits and abilities out there.." He continued sounding almost remorseful.. "Among all of those in this village and outside, it'd be a fair bet I'm one of the few people that's had the.. pleasure in dealing with most of them..." He let those words hang in the air like a poison for conspiratorial thoughts and theories. He wasn't sure if they'd start to theorize what he meant, in what manner his experience was with it, or how exactly he knows what he does. But he let the words sit with them. Perhaps they'd ask for further detail or perhaps they'd have to experience what his true job and purpose actually entails on their own bodies before the end.. Or they'd see those with his personal seal on them utilize their skills out in the field on one of their comrades.. He wondered what their opinions of him would be then..

In his old life, their opinions and thoughts would mean nothing to him, their goals, and their personalities would be of no consequence to him, all that he'd care about is if they finished their missions with no casualty, and if there was a casualty that they'd bring back the body, or the organs if there was a Harvester with them.. The manuals, books and papers he's both read and written himself throughout his career detailing the individual parts of the brain, body and nerves that sees activity when certain abilities are evolved within a person, he remembered it all, like a mind palace of a library all detailing how a shinobi's body functions and how it could be improved upon..
The sheer amount of comrades he's had to dissect and remove organs to save, the amount of gore and screams from fellow Shinobi as they saw him committing the atrocity of fratricide rummaged in his mind like a night terror. All that he cared about was ensuring the strength and capability of the village itself. No individual was beyond the goals of the whole. That unfeeling, and dark person he was back then could barely be recalled in his own mind these days, but he could feel the truth of it all and that person he had been gnawing in his mind if he wasn't actively keeping busy with something else.. Like pushing away another part of himself..

His head snapped back down to the children in front of him as he would listen to whatever thoughts they'd express in response to what he had told them..

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I know missions can be tough, I won't let let anything happen to us. We'll surely take care of anything that comes our way." He took a pause, waving at the pup before going on. "Besides, you and Tanuki will be there to back me up. I'm sure we won't lose to whatever it is we're up against." The boy gave a fist pump, 100% sure that everything would work out just fine. He didn't say this just to reassure Jackal that he should be comforted, or even to say that they would make it out alive. It was also his confidence in his new found friends, and the bravery that was within his heart. Also, this new technique would keep him interested in what was to come, and how he would handle the situation. As Jackal spoke how he felt about Flamethrower, Toshi nodded. The conversation they had at the gates seemed to help them out a little, but was it really enough to overcome what they went through with one another.

Jackal went on that they should also have another option of who were to join them on the mission. You know, just in case Flamethrower wasn't available. Toshi did remember something weird happening just before the Yamanaka had left, but he couldn't recall exactly what made him disappear so suddenly. It sounded as though he were in a hurry, but it could have been a case of going to sleep because of the late night. The ANBU Sensei mentioned that they should be able to work as a team even though events unfolded the way they did.

The Sennin let them know that their other didn't want to fail. He saw that he was being tested, and just wanted to prove that he wasn't a failure. It made sense to Toshi, but he didn't want to see his friends slip into the depths of discomfort around one another. He was sure that the situation was handled correctly, and only time would tell if the two's relationship would recover or not. Next was Toshi's talk. He was told that he were to focus on his emotions and senses, it's what counted at such times. He never thought to go into meditation about the things that he faced, but he would. Helping his senses would surely be a big change for him, but he didn't know how he'd grow from it. Maybe he'd become one with the spirit that was now part of him. "Hmm..." The boy clearly giving it deep thought as he continued to listen to the Sensei's words. His feelings would grow with his heart, and he was always open to any training session with the ANBU Senior. Toshi was also excited to hear this, maybe he'd schedule something of that nature soon. After the mission if Keiji had the time. Trainings sounded as though they'd be limitless because of the amount of techniques that were available.

"Maybe you could teach us something new, if we succeed at this mission Sensei?" Half asking half commenting, the boy wondered what Keiji knew at this point. He wondered if Kei felt the same way, briefly looking to him after making his statement.

Edit: Color Fix

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keiyaku could not pretend to understand the advice Corvus-sensei was providing Dove; it sounded very boiler-plate on the face of it, something about controlling your emotions and engaging in mediation. The thought barely found time to sink into Keiyaku's overactive puppy brain. Everything he was, and everything Morutobu was, for that matter, was so contrary to this idea of quiet contemplation. Surely, it was important if his sensei was providing it, but at the same time.... well, if it would help Dove, he didn't care. When he looked at Dove, he just felt a pang of concern, wanting to make sure he would be well. He was too kind, too just, too... innocent, for some unknown force to be messing with him.

The Inuzuka came out of a reverie, having completely missed the question until Moru bit him on the ankle to jolt him awake and force him to answer it. Ugh, what did he say? Backing Dove up? What? Of course? How could he not?!

"Yeah, totally," Keiyaku responded with something less than his usual vigour. Dove really believed in him. Should he tell Dove the same thing, or would that be too much? He felt his face burn bright pink and, for once, was thankful for the mask obscuring his face.... that is, if his ears weren't also burning bright pink. The hell was wrong with him?

'Focus!'

As he thought it, he could almost feel the heat of Moru's look on incredulity upon his face. He disregarded this. It must just be that, he seriously valued Dove's opinion of him, right? Not the fact his scent delivered him a great deal of comfort, or he-

"Corvus-sensei, sir," he began, taking up his martial bearing and blindly blathering on into conversation, "suppose Flamethrower is unavailable, do we have any other options?"

At this point, Moru piped up with a few barks and growls. Keiyaku translated.

"Yeah, that too! What's the brief and when do we set out?"

[MFT]

Last edited:

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
His attentions was first to his adoptive son, asking if a new lesson might come once they return. "In every mission we undertake, in every life we take, and every challenge we conquer, a lesson can be learned from it. If one of the lessons you learn from this is a skill or an area that you feel lacking in, I'll gladly help teach you to improve in it. So we'll see what comes of it, but generally my job is to help you both become better Shinobi, so regardless I'm sure there's something I can teach you." He sensed his words might seem to extravagant or over the top for their currently excited minds, eager to just get out there and complete their objective.

Then listening to Keiyaku in his eagerness making assumptions of people's time and ability to assist"I know I haven't sent out Flamethrowe on any mission, so he should be available, but if he opts not to join you, you are free to choose whomever, if they're a mednin or main branch, it matters not. As long as they are willing and able to support you in this mission. Be sure to report to me who you're bringing though, leave a missive with the information at the gates before you leave. the paper in your hand has my seal on it, and anyone of rank enough should at the very least recognize it's importance so they shouldn't question it's validity, and if they do, direct them to me."

He took a leaned back, looking down at them and addressed them both "The brief is written there in that paper I just handed you. There's not much else to add onto it. To the North, north-east third village you'll stumble on as long as you keep in that direction and follow the roads that point in that direction, there should be an ANBU informant residing in their general store, she married the store owner, and she has kept us to date with reports of the goings on every week for longer than I have been Sennin. Only reasons she's not sent us a report was due to her marriage, and when her first son was born, this is the first time she hasn't reported without any prior notice has been made as to why we'd be missing a week. Her handler reported to me the day after she failed to report. So your job is essentially, go to the village. Find out what's happening, if you can assist, like helping her with whatever might be troubling her, then do so, and come back. Don't get into any unnecessary fights, only kill when absolutely necessary, and don't die."
He raised his index finger at the last sentence to punctuate it's final importance. Don't Die. Simple enough, but they'd be surprised how many times he's said those words in vain and lost comrades, due to arrogance and over stretching their own capabilities.

He took a step away from the table and walked to the door leading out, on the side of the door was a panel with a symbol on it, it glowed eerily a faint red colour. "This right here is a chakra attuner. One of the unique properties of this installation, put your hand on it, and try to sense the chakra within, squeeze it, and then release, the chakra will embed itself within your senses, and you can always find this room again. However as you know my office switches, but the chakra stays with whatever room is mine. We only change the chakra attunement if we have a betrayal or an attempt on my life." He stepped back and walked over behind his desk, his eyes skimming the large stacks of paper, and the energy almost drained out of him just imagining the amount of work.

Half expecting the children to move out of the office at this point to start their mission he addressed them with a final question.
"Any further questions?"

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dove listened to the mission brief. He had nothing else to add to the current conversation. His mind now was focused on completing the mission that was given. He’d sat out on his first official mission with Kei, and either Flamethrower or an unknown. He contemplated on wether they would be ok going and, and if they would come back unscathed. It wasn’t pre-mission jitters, it was pre-mission excitement.

Almost unable to contain himself, he departed with a casual, ”No questions here, see you later Sensei.” Before leaving he would walk over to the chakra attuned, squeezing it only once. The chakra that he felt was very familiar, something he wouldn’t lose hold of. When they would make their way back, he’d recall what he felt, leading him to the office once more.

[ Topic Left ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It felt a little humbling to actually be sent outside of the village for the first time since becoming an ANBU cadet; there was a certain pride about him now, as if he felt he was somehow making a difference in the word, be it a slightly superficial difference. Both Moru and Keiyaku listened intently to the brief, looking down at the paper he'd been handed and trying to commit it to memory. When it came right down to it, perhaps 'don't die' was all he really needed to know, though.

"Yessir, I'll call up Flamethrower as see if he's about and fancies signing up. I'll call you and let you know, sir."

Though he did his best to keep his face impassive, there was always a certain discomfort when discussing Shusuke. Mostly, he just felt nervous that his ability to put any degree with real trust in the guy was severely undermined by his previous actions... he hoped that would not prove fatal for a mission if they were in a team. He glanced at Dove to see what he thought, but, eager to get going, he'd already turned tail to take off. With Moru at his side, he a respectful salute to his sensei and then jogged off after Dove until he was able to walk in-step with him. He reached up to touch the earpiece of his headset and made the call.

"Yo, Flamethrower, Dove and I have got something for ya. Meet us at the gates and we'll fill ya in."

[Topic Left]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Topic Entered - Via Headset]

"This better not be a waste of my time. If this is going to be another ice breaker meet up i'll be pissed. I'll see you there." His voice was clearly annoyed at the call to him, but Keiyaku would probably be able to know that Shusuke would be excited for the mission.

[Topic Left]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Watching them leave without further ado. Sitting down his eyes stared with disbelief at the sheer size of the stack of papers. Grabbing his coffee, leaning back in his chair he took a deep slurp, filling his mouth and swallowing, ending with a satisfied sigh he put it back on the table...
He relented and settled his chair back, grabbing the top piece of paper and giving it a careful read.
His thoughts wavered as the first sentence of the paper was processed in his mind "I hope this kids stay safe.. Who knows why their informant had stopped reporting... Hopefully it wasn't anything too bad, some rebels here and there, a Samurai raid now and again, nothing a bunch of AiTs could couldn't handle.."

Another sentence of the paper was processed... His thoughts wavered again..
"It could be the start of an insurgency from a rival Shinobi Village... That would be terrible.. Who knows how large their forces might be.." His concern caused a slight look up from the paper to the entrance to the office. A few seconds of staring at the door "They'll be fine, they're smart enough to leave if things gets too tough, it's straight up in the briefing as well, leave if things get too dire.."

His eyes darted down to the paper, mildly forgetting where he was. He started reading the paper from the beginning again with a slight annoyance.
[Thread Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back