Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open One Whole Week..

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
1701743321151.png

Neko was told to take the week and heal, so that's what she was going to do or at least try to do. She was long overdue for a trip to the commercial district to get some new clothes and maybe a nice meal. Last time she was here, she had bumped into Roku and well it left her with a different feeling than she had thought it would, given that half of their chat she was actively shooing him away only for her to be wanting more of a chance to hear his voice. She shook her head as that thought crept in, 'Get it together, he's just a guy..' Her mind was all over the place, hoping to gain control of it she made her way into the shops.

She grabbed herself a new outfit, something far more casual than she had ever worn, as well as some swimwear and a few other bits and pieces to mix into her routine of the same thing everyday. She stopped at a sweatshirt that simply said "Cake" with a picture of a strawberry cake on it. It was marked well down as for some odd reason it was blue all over, so she grabbed it and was immediately putting it on over her outfit. 'Something new, like me, I'm new, this is new, this is good.." As she stepped out onto the street, her eyes looked up at the rooftops instinctively. She let out a sigh of annoyance as she shook her head once more and out loud this time saying to herself "Get a grip, he's gone you blew it shut up." Her voice was quiet, an attempt to avoid being the person talking to themselves in public.

She made her way over to the ramen stand that she had frequented many times in her early academy days. However as she got closer she'd see the new sign hung up on the stand that was now empty. "Closed permanently." Her heart sank seeing this, she had never eaten out at any other place, and now she had no option but to try and find something else. But not only was it the realization of the stand not being open, but the permanently worded on the sign. It was a gut punch to realize that her favorite place in this entire city was never going to be open again, she knew Mr. Tatsu was getting older, but she still hoped that he'd have a few more years at the stand left.

She made her way down the road looking in the many windows and shop entrances as she did, in search of something actually worth her time. She wasn't good at this, and given her current state of mind all she wanted to do was bury herself in work. She let out a groan and rolled her eyes, "Week.. A whole fucking week.. I can't do it." She began to leave the district when something caught her eye. A small shop nestled in between two large stores, the window was absolutely filled with nick nacks and keepsakes. But what caught her eyes was one thing in the window, a simple thing but something she had never had the luxury to enjoy as a child. She knelt down and looked through the window, getting a better vantage point of the item. A simple stuffed animal, one that was neither really well stuffed or well
d6d11819b0b620f1c0ec29efd165a129.jpeg
represented any animal. It was made from burlap and had a missing eye, something oddly was charming about the creepy little doll. She sat there looking at it for a while, almost enamored by the little thing. It wasn't anything of worth but.. She wanted the ugly little thing. "Ya.. Okay.."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Okay, so maybe Yuna needs a break from all this spy work. And even though she is still under her own ANBU guise, she can still find ways to sit back and relax. One of the things, is that a lot of girls her age would go out shopping for things. To be honest, she never really got it, but maybe this is exactly what she needs. Something to get her mind off of why she is here, just this one time. She was just about ready for these
1701791405977.jpeg
Sennin Games as ever, though her reasons for participating in the Games differ from that of others. With the thought of Akkuma on her mind at constant times, she feels like she might go insane with the paranoia.

However, as she has dealt with a lot up to this point, she has no choice but to hunker down her mental state and focus on the objective at hand. But since today, is naturally a day to relax for most people, Yuna took this as an opportunity to see if this 'shopping spree' is just the thing that she needed to take the edge off.

Going through the commercial district, Yuna would find a couple of clothes that she would like. A lot of black clothing, some were blue or purple. Of course, she bought what she could. It seemed that she would like to wear them once she finally finds herself back in Cloud and not have to always wearing a mask. Eventually, she would make her way to a small shop that was nestled in the Commercial District. She would settle on a slender azure and black knife that shined when the sunlight hit it. Her thoughts went to her father. She knows that he was once a weaponsmith along with working as a ninja. She thinks that he might like such a gift.

Paying for the knife, she would seal it away in a scroll and notice a girl that seemed familiar to her looking at a doll. Yuna would approach her and bow before having watery words float around her.

Good afternoon. Sorry to interrupt your time, but I was wondering if you know any good places to look around for shopping?

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Looking up a small smirk would grow on her face seeing the technique she had seen during one late night rooftop conversation. "Oh, hey.. Uh.. Silence ya? Neko." she offered pleasantly while standing back up, "I mean that's a bad question for me, I only recently started changing the normal black outfit, uhm.. I guess what are you looking for we can start there and maybe I'll be able to point you in the right direction?" It was funny to see this, someone who had in a way made her so curious about anbu now just strolling up. She could never tell her that of course, being that she had seen her during the sennin games she knew they were from outside the village. But it still warmed Neko's heart, given that she was in fact one of the reasons she joined the anbu in the first place.

She crossed her arms waiting for a response, her expression as cold as it ever was in direct contrast to her tone this time around. Neko was such a bubbling and confused kid last time she saw Yuna, though now it was almost in direct contrast to that. The scars also were a new addition since their last chat, maybe that had something to do with the coldness. Either way the tone of the woman standing in front of Yuna was surprisingly welcoming in comparison to her demeanor, as if she'd been hoping for company or a distraction.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Being in the ANBU branch for a while, one would be able to pick up mannerisms and habits of what other people are doing and would be able to analyze what type of person they are dealing with. Her expression was betrayed by the tone of her voice. As it stands, Yuna doesn't have that issue as she is wearing a mask and communicates with the Sand shinobi via notes or watery messages. If Yuna were to take a guess, the girl seemed lonely, if only for the moment.

Yuna was glad that, for right now, that she hasn't got any word on Akkuma nor anything else too crazy or unhinged for her to need to look into. The girl seemed familiar to her. And it seemed that she knew of Yuna, or rather her codename her. Silent rather than Silence. Her mind drifted back to the question that was said. What to look for? She thought about clothing, but that could risk to reveal her identity, and that is a big no no. That, and she already had a bag or two of clothes. But for now... Her mind drifted back to her family. The watery words that floated in her vicinity would rearrange themsleves until a new sentence was formed.

Just looking for some souvenirs that I could bring back to my family, nothing too big.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko nodded and looked to the store she was standing in front of, "Well I was about to look around in here, you're welcome to join me. I'd be there are plenty of weird little souvenirs in here that might make a good sand gift. Though if you want my honest opinion, take a chisel to the diamond ocean and get a few stones for the family. It's something unique and it's something no one here would take offense to either. Sure as hell beats the pocket sand most people leave with." She chuckled to herself and the n gestured for them to follow.

Walking in, the store was exactly as cluttered on the inside as the outside. Shelves filled with all sorts of new and second hand items that are not organized in any way. Traditional touristy goods are mixed in with things like canned food, it is truly utter chaos. But, If Yuna was looking for anything at all, this is the place to be looking.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would think about what Neko had said. Getting a few stones from Diamond Ocean could prove beneficial, especially if her family ever finds themselves in a financial problem situation. But... That wouldn't seem right to her. Pocket sand. The idea in of itself sounds ridiculous. She shook her head of the thought and followed Neko inside. Weird little souvenirs. She would look through each shelf one by one but couldn't find anything that spoke out to her.

That is, until she came across a charm bracelet. It had that of a sunset on with intricate design with shades of orange and purple beautifully mixed together. This charm bracelet is meant to give its wearer an end but for things to come to a better future. There would be so meanings to this. First off, maybe she can finally get her father to actually relax and retire. Secondly, she would remember all the times he would tell her of the times he had lived in Leaf Village, mainly on top of a place called Hokage Rock and looking out into the horizon when the sun is setting. He would often tell her that it was a very calming experience and that he has met so many people there along with having so many good memories.

Yuna has never been so... Connected to a place before, if that is the word for it. But maybe if she got him this charm, she could see him smile once more. She would remember about the moon charm that her father had given her when he finally came back into her life when he had disappeared for two years. Albeit, that was when she was a baby, but still... Not the greatest part, but when explained to her, he tried to break the ice to really connect back to the family and be the perfect father. She still has the moon charm nestled deep in her belongings back at the Kazekage tower locked to where only she would be able to get to her belongings.

Yuna would pick up the sunset charm and the watery words would shrink in size, using her body to be blocked on not be seen with the exception of Neko. What she is about to say, erm... Write? Won't really give out too much about who she is, but this is still somewhat of a private moment that she would rather not have the random ninja Roxas know about. And While Neko may just be just some ninja. maybe it won't hurt to start making bonds with the Sand ninja to help strengthen the ties between the two Villages.

My father. He really likes Sunsets. Says that it calms him. I think I'll buy this.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko watched the Silent's effort to displace themselves to keep the words discreet. Making not she made sure to not speak loudly, coming a little closer before speaking. "That's actually a very sweet thought. If that's true I may have something a little bigger for him, if you'd like a souvenir from someone you've met here that is. Otherwise, any other gifts you need?"

Neko would be grabbing the cat doll off the shelf as well as a small locket, one not previously mentioned or looked at. "Lots of stuff in this city so don't limit yourself if you have other friends or family you'd like to shop for, we've got a lot of stuff."

Her stomach let out a small growl which in turn prompted her to laugh lightly, "I also, if you're planning on sticking around me for a bit, definitely need to swing by a food stand. I know you can't exactly take off the mask but maybe you can sneak a teriyaki stick under for a snack?" Her smile grew a little, the softness of it seemed to imply this was a genuine invite to continue hanging out after she had found her gifts. Neko didn't do this often, and it was actually making her feel pretty great to just hang out with someone and body double for a bit. She didn't expect Silent to accept the offer, but she figured there was no harm in asking.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She would shake her head in answer to what Neko said about any other gifts. And when the other girl grabbed a doll and a locket, the ANBU operative didn't ask. If the girl wanted a private moment with her, that would be up to her. Yes, Yuna is an ANBU operative, but she'll respect the average person's space.

When she had asked Yuna about sticking with her for a bit to go out and eat, Yuna couldn't help but wonder. Outside of Raizo, this is the most hospitality that has been shown to her, despite her being a foreigner wearing a mask. It was... Refreshing. Despite all of this, she can't take her mask off all willy nilly, and refuses to talk unless she can be certain of no eavesdroppers. Again, Raizo was the only exception to that as they were working on equal terms. Terms that ultimately needed her voice to be heard and face to be seen to show that she was in fact not an enemy.

Outside of the Kazekage tower, she can't risk such a thing. But it doesn't mean that she has to be hostile or unapproachable. Yuna would nod to what Neko had said about eating. Watery words would form around her at regular size.

I'll take you up on that offer. However, I cannot risk eating in public, even if I were to try and sneak a Teriyaki stick. I hope that you understand my situation.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko though for a moment, given the information provided shed have to think of a solution that allowed them to continue but also didn't require her to risk the discovery issue. She was beginning to understand that issue more herself, so she would be understanding in this moment.

"Tell you what then, we can get something my treat. You can take it to where you're staying and enjoy it then ya? I understand the reason and I won't hold it against you. Any preference on food?"

She would wait for a response and then make a choice on where to bring her from there. As they left however, she would make a comment.

"You know, I understand the worry. But food is also important, maybe you can find ways around the fear to get what your body needs. It could be a useful trick at some point."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would blink. She was getting used to the whole hospitality that the Sand Village had given her, but it was still surprising at times. She would nod and then watery words would form around her.

Thanks! I'll take some steak. By the way. Why are you so nice to me? I am a foreign ANBU operative.

As they would walk, Neko would go on to talk about how she understands the worry and trying to find ways for her. More watery words would rearrange themselves to form a new sentence.

Maybe. At the very least, I do eat once a day. My body is now conditioned for that.

She would leave out the real reason. Akkuma. She doesn't know who is working for him and would rather not take the chance. Along with that, her encounter with the Oracles Fukurokuju and Benzaiten at the Oracle library, had made her even more on edge. It was actually nice to see a kind face for once.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
As they approached one of the many local eatery stands, she smiled and turned back to face Yuna. "Well because under that mask is a person, not a monster. So you deserve to feel like one."

She ordered the two some steak and paid, refusing to allow any attempt to pay from Yuna as she was happy to cover it this time. "Besides, maybe one day I will visit where you're from and you'll return the favor?" There was a genuine softness to her voice, as if something was pulling her toward the direction of travel sooner rather than later. But irregardless of that, she felt it necessary to be kind to silence. She had no reason to feel this way but she did and so she would.

"Tell me something.. only what you can of course. What's it like being so far from home? The furthest I've gone is a week by foot into the sand and uh.. I was not exactly doing so willingly, but you came all the way here so.. what's it like out there?"

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna stopped in her tracks upon hearing what Neko had said to her. Even though nearly everyone here in Sand has given Yuna some type of good hospitality or another, she merely felt like it was some sort of duty on their part. It wasn't no secret that their Kazekage had indeed talked to two ANBU operatives and that Yuna, better known by the Sand locals and Shinobi as Silent, is one of those anbu agents.

But even as she listened to what Neko had said, of that the person behind the mask is human, and that she deserves to feel like one, her heart melted. The ever growing feeling of being on edge and not really feeling like people actually like her mainly because of the fear of their own safety since she is a foreign anbu made her deep down just want to get the mission done and over with to disappear from this Village.

But here she was, with another girl that is telling her not to lose her humanity and that she was going to keep treating her like a human. Yuna couldn't help it. She would walk up to Neko and hug her. She would whisper, barely above even being barely audible into Neko's ear. "Thank you. You don't know how much I needed to hear that."

She would pull away, not uttering a single more word, and hope that Neko understands the code name that Yuna has to keep that interaction of Yuna speaking to herself.

Watery words would form around Yuna once more.

I look forward to seeing you visiting my Village one day. But as for being far away from home? I would be lying if I said I wasn't home sick. But even after all of that, I left home for this diplomatic mission during hard times happening at home. I promised my father to take his stead in helping bring peace. But I had learned that he had unretired to help with problems back home. I hope that the diplomatics goes well enough that I can get back and check to see if my father is okay.

Last edited:

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko looked surprised at the physical contact, most times if it didn't come in way of violence it was not given to her. Her cheeks flushed a bit at the actual words being spoken so softly into her ear, she couldn't help but to feel some type of way given the unusual closeness and familiarity of the situation. Once she was free of the hug and standing there, she watched the watery words appear in front of Silence once more. She placed her hand on the back of her neck, the blush still ever burning on her cheeks and ears.

"Well... I'd say from what I've seen it has been productive. I hope that the people of Suna will be open to more in the future, I cannot stand the ways things were done before, and I hope we.. Sorry rambling I'm just.. flustred if I'm being honest. I wasn't expecting that.. Thank you for your kindness, It.. Has been refreshing."

She was tripping on her words like a newborn fawn tripping over its own four feet, but she didn't understand why. Had it really been so long without a gentle touch? No, her sister was kind.. but maybe it had more to do with the fact neither of the two here knew one another or that it was outside of a setting where one would be obligated. That's what it was, it was the fact that it came not from necessity but from the genuine desire to reach out and show affection toward something because it felt right. The concept was still so foreign to Neko she couldn't help but be awkward about it.

"I'm sure you'll be home soon enough and with the ability to make a difference without the mask on for once, I'm sure it get's stuffy from time to time." She laughed trying to change the topic.

[313 mft]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Okay, maybe she shouldn't have hugged a complete stranger. Neko seems to be stumbling over her words on the matter, talking about how the people of Suna needs to be more open minded in the future. Which, from Yuna's experience, most have been, it's just the fact that she is a foreign ANBU agent that a lot of people tend to draw the line of being open and nice. Something that Yuna understands, but nevertheless, has to deal with the cards dealt to her.

All because of the damned dark sage scanning her chakra. If Akkuma didn't do such a thing when Yuna and Miro first entered Wind Country, she could very easily make a fake alias and a fake name to go with a fake appearance. But since the demon scanned her chakra, she can't risk doing such a thing and betraying Sand Village's trust in her. At least with her like this, they would know the gist of who she is without knowing who she is, and thus have more trust than her making up a whole story about why she was here.

She was partly here to help out diplomatically, to mend the alliance between Cloud and Sand with the information given to her to know that Akkuma was behind the attacks. But for her second part of her mission, only Raizo and Akkuma himself knows why. To eliminate Akkuma for the crimes he has committed. Her attention went back to Neko as she made the comment about how stuffy it is in the mask. Yuna nodded, and watery words would move around until they formed a sentence.

Yes, it does get quite stuffy wearing a mask from time to time. I just hope to help keep diplomatics good with your Village so that I can go back to my home safely.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko gave a very warm smile, "I have no doubt you'll manage to make that happen. You seem more than capable"

'What the fuck are you doing, she's not looking for reassurance, she's just saying what she's doing'
she thought to herself. She was rubbing the back of her neck, afraid that once again she was spoiling any chance at a genuine connection with someone. Then again how could she have a genuine connection with anyone in Anbu, or even more herself being an Anbu member.. The reality was she was wasting both of their time by doing this. But, in the same breath, she felt like she could relate to Silence for some reason, as if the two had somethings in common and an understanding of that nature of being part of two different life paths.

Either way she was running out of things to say, so she'd simply say what.. wait her mouth was already moving, her brain wasn't but her mouth was. Natural recipe for disaster this is, she still couldn't help but blurt out her next words.

"Silence, thank you for that.. It's been a rough bit here and just.. That was a very nice thing to feel like I was, well wanted and appreciated for a minute." She damn near covered her mouth as the words left. 'Stupid, stupid, what was that?!' She thought once again, having this internal dialogue quite the opposite of what was said out-loud. 'She's a cloud Anbu, she isn't your friend you two are not.. shut up brain for the love of god stop just, change the damn topic.'

She was quick to say, "Not that I .. Anyway just thanks let's just.. So diplomats? That sounds exciting."

'ya.. really nailed that one'

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would have thought that they could move on from that... Physical interaction between the two. She could tell that Neko was being flustered by this, whether it was because of the surprise of it, or because of maybe the girl was catching feelings, Yuna wouldn't know for sure.

Hm... Love... Such a concept was almost foreign to her with the exception of familial love. She never really put much thought into whether or not she liked someone because of their looks. Though she would at least know one person that seems to have a thing for her. Someone from her own Village whom she thought was sent over by the Raikage. She initially thought that must have been just Momo's personality, but now she might be thinking that the other woman might actually have liked her.

Part of her, well maybe wanted to explore such a possibility. While her Anbu mindset and mission thinking is doing its best to keep her thinking of that isn't how an anbu operative should act. She would listen as Neko would speak. So... She just wanted to feel wanted and appreciated. She would then try and change the subject to talk about diplomatics.

Yuna, would bring out her notepad and write down before giving Neko the piece of paper.

Well, it's as you said. We are all very much human. Even Anbu underneath this mask. Just know that you are not alone and that all you need to do is ask. And while I am here in Sand, I am here for you.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko smirked, a crooked and cocky one, "Careful a girl might get the wrong idea" she laughed it off as she knew what Silent meant in that moment but still couldn't help herself. She would take the note and nod, "Once, things are settled with the next round we should meet again. I enjoyed spending my time with you today I won't pretend. Besides, it's not like you have options for who to spend time with so I will gladly volunteer to fill your time." She smiles again but the time genuinely, warmth glowing from it.
She was being honest, she'd not had many opportunities to make friends and Silent felt like she too was looking for that sort of connection. Maybe she was or maybe she wasn't but either way the connection made was one that would last with Neko. She would then look to Silent before speaking again, "I'll let you go so you can eat before that gets cold, but here" She flipped the notebook to the next page and leaned close while writing something down. "My address, if I'm off work I am here, so come find me sometime." she then waved and went to leave.
[topic left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back