Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Only Shadow On the Wall [PVT]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
kFP5zCs.jpg

Yomi hadn’t been seen in public for going on two weeks. The colder the trails became the more she retreated within herself. So far, she had stopped even seeing Tamashii, deciding only to speak to him through Asuka unless he actually caught her on the rare occasion she did go out. This was one of those times. However, this was not going to be by random encounter, she purposely went to go see him.

Walking from the penthouse to the offices seemed like a slow trek as she went barefoot. She had decided put on something on something luxurious as she found it helped her with the mere act of putting on her clothes. Bumming it out even if she did just get out the shower would have found herself alone for another sleepless night. She wasn’t meant to live alone in a house of that size.

It was late but she knew where he’d be, the same place where her husband would spend many late nights, and rightfully where she should be. This visit should put him at ease, since Asuka was not known to exaggerate and the way she spoke of Tamashii’s concern made her think that he thought she was dead; If he knew just how impossible that was.

The Hokage chose not to knock on the door but simply enter, surely to his surprise. She would sit down in front of him quietly for a while before greeting him half-heartedly.

“I…don’t know why I’m here….” She said as she looked like at him through dull eyes.

“But Asuka said you were worried…

“So, call off the ANBU you have trying to watch me. That’s not a request.” Yomi sat back in her chair and stared at him. She wasn’t upset at him for doing his job, only she felt it was waste of resources given the circumstances. No one had reported anything to her of note as of late which meant they weren’t working hard enough. If she was sure that Tamashii would not hunt her down and drag her back, she’d be doing her own investigation, utilizing her own methods.

Sighing she rolled her eyes and folded her hands on her lap.

“I cannot sleep, Tamashii. I stare at my ceiling all night. I need to go to sleep before I snap.” It was true, even her Goddess Wrap had not come into play since Umashi disappeared. A reflexive measure against exhaustion and stress that forcefully put her body at rest. She felt crazy, and on the days where she felt more like herself she could only manage not to slaughter the village because she was filled with so much rage.

“I cannot speak to Asuka, because she worries just like you but..”

Shaking her head, she stood up clearing her throat. She truly didn’t know why she was here now in front of him telling him these things. It was not like her to divulge, but then again, she hadn’t been herself for little while now.

“Excuse me, I shouldn’t have disturbed you. I’ll be available more in the coming days so that you do not need to fear something has happened to me.” Though she wanted to leave her legs would not carry her out of his office. It was an odd thing to be standing there in a gown and no shoes and wet hair, but, everything else in her life was out of place, so, this current view of her didn’t seem so off.

“I’m fine…” A lie.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
14rCgQ5.jpg

Late nights turned into later nights as Tamashii sat with a bottle of wine next to him and a syringe to keep him awake in his desk. It had been four hours since the last time he used the poisonous substance to stay awake, and soon it would be time to do it again, but not yet. Something was holding him... gripping him to stay awake. Who knew, but after Asuka relayed the message that she was going to attempt to sleep in her penthouse Tamashii would simply nod with a frown, wishing she had the gut to tell him herself. Though, these were trying times for Yomi, and Tamashii would respect her as she had respected him when he lost Hakuren. It wasnt much to say that he was always a hard worker. Trying to find the print in the words that would help the Hokage... helping them with their minor deeds that needed to be done. He was the Advisor to the seat of Hokage and with such a position he would find himself having late nights on the usual, nothing like the work that she wanted to be done... but he would listen to her in this time that she needed him. Tamashii in all rights, had lost hope. They say chances of finding a missing person after 48 hours drastically diminishes, but for shinobi this could mean a plethora of things. Just when Tamashii would get on this train of thought he found himself looking up as his door would swing open...

'. . .Gorgeous. . .'

Tamashii's eyes flickered with subtle excitement, but a gentle surprise, almost leading him to stand as she entered, Though as she would go to sit down his body didnt move. After the first part of her... speech? Tama would nod lifting a hand to his headset, "Noted, I'll let them know on their first patrol in the morning...", tilting his head he would go to continue listening to her... she spoke with such emptiness within her. Behind those dull eyes what could she possibly do? She might have felt hopeless, helpless, much like Tamashii at a time like this. How long would they go like this before the village crumbled under the thumb of the disappearance?

As she stood up, Tamashii's body would seemingly move on its own to her. "It is perfectly fine to be like this, Yom-...", he didnt know if it was at all appropriate to lose formality at a time like this but speaking as a friend, speaking as someone she could trust he would continue, ". . .Yomi. You're dealing with loss, grieving because you were ready for something, and your life took a one hundred and eighty degree turn in the opposite direction. I promised you that I would do everything in my power to make it better." nodding he would move closer to Yomi. Maybe she just needed some wine and a fireplace with nice company? Who knew... but Tamashii would find out..

"Would you like a glass of wine?"

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Tamashii wasn’t being petty, she found him the easiest person to talk with. Perhaps it was because there was no pretense involved and they often found themselves working so closely together. He offered her something to drink after telling her she had every right for feeling the way she did. Loss did funny things to people. Even her first major loss she never really got over and her second she still couldn’t speak of. But this was a bit different, she could go see the graves of those long since dead. She could go to the mountain where she was raised and, should she choose, speak to the man that she would consider her father. This, was not that.

The blanket of darkness she had become so accustomed to was slowly being pulled away from her by her great love. While she was still partially consumed by it, nothing brought her close to kicking off the rest of its shackle like hold like Umashi. The healing was systematic and slow going, but, she was getting there. With him gone and these new duties, it felt as though someone forcefully took the rest of that blanket off. They were forcing her to be in this world, a beacon of hope and stability, that she was not quite prepared for. So, what does one do when they are forcefully pushed into the light? They try to retreat into the comfort of the dark.

What was worse is that she knew Umashi was not dead. She couldn’t describe the feeling and chalked up to her intuition, but, there was no threat within all the lands that could hurt him. So, where was he? There were so many unanswered questions and she knew she would be able to sort it all out if she could just sleep.

“No thank you.” Placing her hand on her stomach as a gentle reminder. Besides, drinking wine was not her forte. She preferred her drinks strong and dark. Looking over out all the items spewed out the desk and looking at his face, she could tell that he was probably wasn’t getting much sleep either. They all were affected by this situation in one way or another. They were all invested in finding him for whatever reason and she was not the only one hurting, just the only one being a bit selfish about it. She would take better care to remember that her husband belonged to the people as much as he did to her.

“But, I haven’t eaten really today.” Leaving out the part that she had not eaten at all. She hoped he didn't notice that she’s been losing weight.

“Have dinner with me.” Yomi sat back down in the chair. She was not going to go a restaurant at this hour, but, she was sure they could have something brought to them. “I’m fond of dumplings.” She folded her hands in her lap and looked at him.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She was brief. Almost quiet in her approach. Though it wasnt like she had to say much, it was written in her eyes, in her demeanor. She wanted him back... but it was like knowing something could be true and having no evidence. Yomi, in the eyes of Tamashii, she was a woman in prison. Locked up by the thoughts that she felt to be true, but she was framed by the notion that Umashi was not there. So she was a woman driven by her intuitions. Holding unto hope that might not even be there anymore... however, Tamashii didnt give up hope. He was just trying to put together the pieces that were left... Maybe Umashi was alive, but he was in a paradox. Living in a world that was not this one... Who knew, but the thought alone seemed crazy unlike anything that had been seen or heard before.

"I always find that wine especially in times of trauma helps soothe the soul, its better than Hard liquor... even though I drink just about whatever I get my hands on... Heh.", trying to make small talk of sorts to break her silence, he would not keep this from being a ceremonial pitty party. Tamashii wanted her to smile for him... once. That was his goal. "Dumplings? Aye... I could go for something to eat. Feels like I've not eaten in days... Heh..." without hesitation he would take hold of the situation, looking to his headset and calling up an assistant that was likely in bed but on call, "~//~ Oi, Arashi, Make a run for myself and Yomi t the Taoyaki Grill. Bring whatever Tempura and Rice they have... And their Absolute Best Dumplings. If they have multiple kinds... Bring an order of each.~//~", nodding he would look to Yomi as he put down his headset giving her his undivided attention.

"I'm fond of making sure you're taken care of...", he said in late rebuttal to her previous note. This was getting interesting, but he had to ask, "Hm, Yomi... I need to know... Things are hard at the moment, but they will get better. Especially with someone as smart as you pulling the strings. I believe this village needed your tact given the situation. Most peple wouldnt be as strong as you've seemed to be... but I will say, I can see you need help. And thats exactly why I said I would never leave your side until you wanted me to do so...", nodding again he would look to Yomi completely true and honest, down to the flicker of fire in his eyes.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi listened to Tamashii pronounce his devotion to her during her time of need. It was a sweet gesture even if she knew that he was devoted in such a way that every in the village should aspire to be. After all, as a shinobi of Konoha, it was an expectation of hers as the Hokage, for him to be devoted. However, Yomi was no fool. There were not many things that came out of men’s mouths by happenstance. There was no reason for him to say what she already knew unless it was something more behind the words.

Still, she chose to verbally acknowledge words behind the actual statement. It was not something that needed addressing and as long as he knew she received the message, that was all there was to it. They were in a precarious position, driven by pain, longing, and duty. It made them both vulnerable and she could recognize it, even if it made her feel weak and less than.

It was also strange, that Yomi was self-aware enough to know that, but, helpless against that frame of mind. Her ability to compartmentalize everything was lacking and she hoped to be herself in the coming days, because, this state of being was detrimental to everyone around her. Tamashii was right, she appeared strong, and she was, she just needed to get back to that place.

So how could she get back to that place? The place where she felt in control and not senseless? How could she get there without Umashii returning to her? She wasn’t always this helpless and lacking, so, what was she doing before he came into her life?

It was on the tip of her tongue. Something Yomi knew she remembered, but, the lack of sleep was making it difficult to recall. Should she sleep, she was sure to know it and then some. For now, she would take Tamashii up on his offer.

“You and I both want the same thing, Tamashii. I'm sure I need it much more than you though.” A pause, before a light knock came at the door. The food he had ordered them. Fast food indeed.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Smirking as he'd stand there watching her as he paced his office, visuals of accolades he'd gotten from Stone there. Visuals of his degrees in such things... fickle in his young mind but he was accomplished in his life. Speaking of multiple languages... a package that some people would think and wonder why he hadnt met someone. To which he would reply, 'all the good ones are taken..' like the woman infront of him. Something that he didnt want to dive into. Something that he didnt wanna think about, but at this moment she looked like a piece of delectable meat, so juicy and tender. And he was the hungry wolf eager for a bite... but was this wolf loyal to his pack? Or was he the rogue, only out for his own wants and desires? Or was he the weak little brother... who couldnt help but see a woman in need... was he Paris and was she Helen? Was he to whisk her away from her brute of a husband who didnt seem to care? Leaving her in her ultimate time of weakness and instability?

Knock, Knock

Shaking his head he'd yet to speak, "It seems we have a Seikon Delivery boy~", nodding he would wander over to the door before opening it and bowing before giving a small sack of coin for the trouble of the very sleepy lad that always seemed to come in the clutch for Tamashii. Nodding once again he would lay the food out on a coffee table next to where Yomi was. Opening the tied knots and revealing a large set up and a small box off to the side with her Dumplings. Marked for Chicken, Pork and Beef. The Norm.
tumblr_mjmgnnppkt1qlhq6zo1_500.gif

After the boy went on his way and Tamashii would reveal the food, he now found himself looking down at it all before looking up to her, "Aye, Food is a way to anyones heart... whether you cook it or not. Heh, My mother taught me to cook so if I ever had a wife she would not be burdened with that. Its all about teamwork isnt it?", he would nod before handing her a small plate and her utensil. "Teamwork makes the Dream work. Thats how it should be...", nodding once again he would look down to the food before grabbing at the good with a set of tongs and chopsticks. Before long he had a plate of barbecue and rice on his plate. "...I must ask... What did you mean earlier? What is it we both need?", he had a feeling of where this might be going but he was not one to ever jump into conclusions. Only able to state what he saw and felt.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi looked over the delicious spread before her. She had a brief thought of Michi and Ko, who no doubt, were sitting at Rei's table, enjoying a feast themselves. Much like the Secretary that worked in this office, that speedy delivery boy was in need of a raise. It was so quick she wondered if the food was already prepared and he was just waiting for the call. Knowing Tamashii, that very well could have been the case.

She waited until the boy left before she spoke. "I hope you pay him well, since good help is so hard to find...not that I would really know." It was far from a flattery, since he was the greatest personal help to her. Asuka too, when she was available to help. Mikasa was working over time and every time she saw her, she looked a bit more frazzled than the last time. Yuki was doing her best with Maki's assistance in Takeshi's absence. Overall, there was a lot more things that could be going wrong if it were not for the help she had.

Although she wasn't hungry when she got here, the smells of all the fantastic food, made her ravenous. No one home cooking delicious things and she couldn't be bothered to cook for herself most of the time. Asuka would prepare light foods that she knew Yomi would nibble on in hopes that at least half of the prepped meals she left would be eaten. After a while, she left two meals instead of three, and then smaller appetizer like sample meals instead of actual meals to get Yomi through the day. On a good day, an entire one would be gone, but it really didn't add up to much, seeing as she was burning through the calories just by being pregnant, hence the weight loss.

"It looks good and it smells divine..." She watched the man pack his plate as he asked her to elaborate on her statement. Like the men that raised her, she too never allowed things to come out of her mouth by happenstance. It was her default approach to life, and, while she was sure that the way she went about things and the things she said carried her far, she knew that a lot of the times, it would get her into trouble. This was not one of those instances, although, she wondered what he thought she meant. Hell, the way he posed the question, she now wondered what she really meant, herself.

"Only that we both needed some time away from all this. Some sleep. A reprieve." She gave a small quick shrug as she looked down at her hands. "I've been a bit selfish, Tamashii. I know this as been difficult for you too." Looking back up at him, she sank further into the chair, staring into his eyes. "But, I don't need to know what you're doing to know your doing something. I wouldn't be a very good Doctor if I didn't see it and I have yet to meet a Doctor to rival me." She gave a small, helpless smile as she let out a sigh.

"But apparently, I'm not a very good friend, because I willfully ignored it." Of course she was referring to those dark circles under is eyes, and his never ending ability to be available and alert no matter when she called or how often she requested his presence. Whatever it was, she would never be able to question his loyalty or his willingness to do whatever it took to keep the village afloat. Yomi didn't need him to admit anything though. The Medical Sennin knew what forced admissions did to people and their egos and sense of self. She was not here to admonish him about it, only let him know that she knew full well that something unnatural was happening.

"With all that's has happened and what is going to happen. I do not know what will become of everything should I loose you too..."

"So another order from your Hokage." She said softly. "Stay the night with me." Words framed like they were meant to help him, but, in truth she sought succor from him as well, perhaps more so than she thought he needed from her. "We can stay here, if you like, or your place if that's more comforting, but, I left my shoes at home...." She wiggled her toes.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I pay him well, but maybe not well enough...", planting the seeds in his head that he wanted to do more for the boy, it wasnt off canter that he did what he was told always being on call to Tamashii's whims. However it was simple, especially after the boy left, he noticed something that he hadnt before. The beating in his chest grew deeper and harder when she was around. When he was alone with her. He could feel it in a sense of heat in the air... covered by the heat of the food before them thankfully. But, Tamashii's body felt something... spending exclusive amounts of time with someone would do that to you. Especially if you're still grieving. Yomi was... but Tamashii very well covered his up to prevent thoughts from creeping in. He had a special place in his heart for Hakuren, but she was gone... as was Umashi in this moment. And Fondness found people in the darkest of hours. Sitting down before Yomi, erm, the Hokage, he listened to her. More in depth now, and her words turned the cogs in his head and made the heat rise again...

He knew her sentiments werent meant to pity, he knew that she'd meant every word she'd say. And it only caused Tamashii to be silent. His cropped hair hanging over his demeanor as he lored his head unable to take another bite of food in the moment. She knew that he was doing something, the very thing that kept him coherent. A mixture of poisons that were placed in his system light enough not to mess up his body, but heavy enough to keep him from sleep. He looked back to her and set down his plate, "Yomi. I would do anything to help you out... We are both hurting. In more was than one, and I dont care what I've gone through... I just want to make sure you're taken care of.", Look at Tamashii, sliding in like a man tryna slide in the those DMs. Oh well, could you blame him?

Though what completely took him by surprise was what she said directly after that. She was afraid of losing him? Why? Tamashii had figured that he was only needed because of his title. He was only needed because this was a set of emotions that werent attached to anyone, so he was the next best thing? Maybe... Maybe she would prove him wrong. He didnt say anything in order to keep himself thinking. To keep, the ideas flowing in his head, so she continued.. ordering him to stay with her the night. Surely. However, his mind would linger on not saying anything... until she mentioned herself not having shoes on. It caused Tamashii's face... body... mind... to stiffen. Almost instantaneously, his face turned bloodshot red, and the heat felt like someone turned the oven on and left it open. There was something that Tamashii never noticed about himself. He never looked down purposely, he always wanted to give women their respect just as his mother had taught him. However, in this moment he couldnt help himself... looking down to her wiggling her dactyls.

"Yes. I'd rather stay here, where no one can disturb... us...", thinking to himself, his body would allow him to loosen up, 'What am I doing what am I doing what am I doing!' playing over and over in his mind but he kept his face calm, or what he thought looked calm. They were as gorgeous as she. Perfect in every way. From their arch, like flowing chocolate upon the soles of the phalanx, silk deep wine colors over each individual toe. Tamashii had a strong back, he could lift her easily and carry her to his house, but he didnt want to run into his sister or anyone else for that matter. It would look bad for the both of them politically. And sometimes you just didnt want those problems. So... smiling a bit he would look unto them then back to her before stating, "Stay here, I have a bed back there... and I'll lay on the floor, but your company will be nice, and better than being here all alone..."

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Anything?" Yomi heard those words before and every person that said them to her had lived to regret it in one way or another. Sometimes she wondered what it was that led people to speak the words of devotion to her, specifically. She wouldn't ponder it tonight, as her mind was riddled with thoughts of other things, mostly what this night would bring for the both of them.

"No. I think not. I cannot keep my eyes on you. You will share the bed with me." She poked out her bottom lip a little before she piped up. "It's another order, so you cannot weasel your way out of it." She twirled her finger at him and did the one thing she didn't thing she could do. She smiled. It was small, but, he wouldn't miss it if he were to look. No one was able to get that reaction out of her since her husband had disappeared. Maybe she didn't allow anyone to do that for her, but, there was always something about Tamashii as anyone who was present at her birthday could attest to. Well they would if they knew it was him underneath the mask. Whatever winds were picking up were making the lines in the sand very difficult to see.

Eyeing the expanse of food among other things, she moved to the edge of her seat eager to taste something that wasn't a cracker. She watched as Tamashii piled his plate wondering if the meat was as succulent as she imagined. The Hokage shifted, suddenly uncomfortable in the seat, she stood, wrapping her arms around her stomach and turned away from the food. She leaned against the door shaking her head and chuckled to herself. When she first arrived she said she didn't know why she came to him. Perhaps that's just what she told herself to justify her still being here at this hour, but, on some level she knew what was up as she stood in his office wet haired and doe-eyed.

"On my birthday. we never finished our dance." Yomi turned around to face him. "And we never got to the cake..." Looking over the mini buffet she smiled some more. "I do not see any dessert here, but, I have some ideas. Would you like to hear them?" If Asuka were here it would be at this moment that she swooped in and took Yomi away to save everyone from what she was trying to do. However, she was not here, and Tamashii had to navigate this situation on his own. The Hokage was a reasonable woman though. She gave him the same thing she gave everyone else; the opportunity to choose.

"Or would prefer that I show you?" Of course, this was some choice.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There was always a place in his heart that Tamashii found it hard to overcome his instincts. He felt in the depths of his heart this would be something that he would already considered. It wasnt much for him to think that his approach to this situation wasnt in some way a role that he would look to partake in with the future that seemed to be on his horizons. However, Tamashii would think deeply and passionately about tonight. Running through simulations of the events to occur before they did, and they all had this ending happily for at the very least tonight. The Yumoto kin, mixed as it would seem with different tans and blood, seemed to be trying to distract himself from his instinct. To throw everything off the counter top... and to go for broke. To lay into the woman with everything he had, and not holding back for one moment. He didnt want to hold back... he always did. He never did anything he wanted to do for fear of being too happy again. Just like he was with Hakuren... Just like he had been when he was slaying innocent people. Those things taken from him both forcibly and on his own will, but it was something he felt like he regretted. He wanted to do so much more, especially seeing how the people around the village were beginning to become. Tamashii could see it in the eyes of many that they were living happy lives... but he was miserable. He could change that though... He could be happy for once much like he would be before.

"Share a bed? Heh... I guess next you'll ask me to be the big spoon?", chuckling to himself and looking away, he couldnt muster the strength to look to her face. Not that face, not the one that was breath-taking. So much so that he was becoming jealous of his friend Umashi... Jealous that he could feel Umashi's chakra but the man didnt seem to be anywhere. However, there were ways to emulate that, but that man was nigh indestructible, at least in the eyes of Tamashii, there wasnt much that could take him out aside from himself. At any pace, The brunette male would find himself shaking his head and shaking off the thoughts of Umashi's elderly behind. He was here with a supple and ripe for the picking Yomi... wanting him to lay with her. Wanting -him- to be in her company. What glory could he have? Just to sleep next to someone he cared for. Someone he was devoted to. Someone he would be able to say that maybe in fact he loved a bit more than he likely should.

He stacked his plate messily, fumbling with things, forgetting how to properly hold his chopsticks let alone a fork or spoon. The air in the room grew hotter or maybe it was the warmth of the 'hot off the grill' food they had laid out before them. Until Yomi would speak up once again, causing him to be brought back to that night. The smells. The taste of wine. The Lasting memory of Asuka not dancing with him. Yomi... Her soft skin. Thick Waist. And her warmth... everything he wanted. Nothing he could have. Nothing he deserved. Everything he longed for. And yet, proven again he was always going to only be the Shadow on the Wall as everyone within would live on in harmony. While his veil of protection would ward enemies out with his hidden diplomacy.

"H-..Heh. I..Uh.. I am su-..",, catching himself as she would continue about the dessert. Looking down he'd watch those toes, everything seemed to be wanting him to be pulled into the moment, but yet he fought it. moving back in his seat and eyeing her with desperation. His body moved as if he wanted everything to happen but his brain was running rampant causing him to shutter a bit. Though, in his mind as she finished... "Or would prefer that I show you?" he would fixate himself first from her feet. Each one painted perfectly, each one beautiful and set as if her body was made with these first, to ensure perfection. Moving up her calves and thighs, plump and lean, even more up to her hips, ready.. waiting... and without a second thought he'd move up to her face, 'Fuck it.'

"Show me." He'd leap into the proverbial 'lions den' and he was playing with matches and gasoline at this point... but if he were to die tomorrow let him not regret feeling happy for once in his life.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi smiled at Tamashii. Her boldness could only be matched by his candor. “I will…but, you will eat first…”

The whirring of a projector could be heard as the curtain slowly rose in the grand theater. Ordinarily, she would be sitting in the audience during something like this, but, in her mind’s eye, Yomi was a part of this spectacle.

Black and white memories played out in her head as she made her way to the stage. Each one strung together haphazardly, until it created what one would describe as a movie. This movie was a love story and the characters could only be assumed because she surely did not recognize them. It starred a man and a woman, who, despite the consequences, decided that they would be together. Secret trysts were the norm and stealing looks at each other because they assumed no one would notice. Maybe they didn’t, or perhaps people were too polite to mention it and instead kept their ideas to themselves. In the end, it didn’t matter to them because they were happy together…until they weren’t.

While the edges around the movie became softer the movie and its actors were still hard for her to recognize, but, she still watched. The stage, normally the base on which everything happened, was no longer satisfied with just being the foundation. Thus, it moved beneath her, still providing the support needed, but it too was now getting something in return, something worthy of its strength. Not willing to be an uncredited extra of this movie, the stage wanted to leave its mark on the world, or, perhaps just on the one seated upon it. The stage was now a co-star.

For Yomi, the life she was now reliving while she sat in the grand theater, high on the stage, was distracting her. The stage’s sudden inclusion added splashes of crude red to the monotone pallet, which made the movie more compelling, but, with each shift of the stage, she also began to recognize the characters. This recognition made her want to turn away, but she could not. The harshness and brashness that the stage provided, was all that she required for her to face the reality of what was on display. The reason was simple; she needed the red to make up for the lack of color. The stage’s ability, although adding only red, almost made her think she saw her favorite shade of green.

It was not long before the movie was over, but, now she could not un-see it. She would request an encore if the stage would allow it, since the grand theater could never truly be closed. Yomi would crave the red that the stage provided until the day came when the movie could be seen in full color again, if ever. By that time who could say that the she and stage would still be co-stars.

She woke up several hours later in a daze. The sun had not yet risen as she looked over at Tamashii who was beside her. Yomi straightened as she stared at him quietly wondering to herself but knowing just the same.

A smirk was all that she could muster before she broke the silence, averting her gaze. “I think I had a dream…but…I don’t know…I don’t dream like mor--, other people do.” She didn't even know if he was actually asleep or pretending to be asleep...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back