Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open your mind [TUTORIAL]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the academy, there were many rooms for many activities to further the development of the shinobi of Konoha. Huge classrooms for seminars, smaller rooms for group tutorials, gymnasiums, offices.

And apparently broom cupboards, such as the one Shiori found himself in now.

Shiori had been struggling a bit in some classes recently. If he wanted to become a Genin, he needed to get some help. There was no shame in carving a handhold in the climb to the top. If he couldn’t get past this, he would never be great, and never be immortal. He would never be the best.

He had reached out to Takeshi, the teacher of a few of his classes, for a bit of extra help. Takeshi had been making a name for himself throughout the academy with a prolific schedule of classes. Shiori hoped he had enough time in his schedule for him to cover what he needed.

Genjutsu were an odd topic for Shiori. They had very little obvious benefit in Shiori’s mind. Illusions could trick and twist the mind, but Shiori found it better to use purely physical powers. Like many things Shiori wasn’t interested in, he hadn’t put effort into learning the skills. Now, it was hampering his progress. His main problem wasn’t the application of Genjutsu, it was a weak area for him, it was defending from such attacks. He needed clarity of mind for combat, for the application of his abilities. Hopefully, Takeshi could help him in this area.

He pulled out his loose notes from his bag, smoothing them by hand. He also pulled out his pen, pulling off the cap and testing with a couple of scribbles in the top corner. He looked around the room whilst he waited. He had been assigned one of the older tutorial rooms, one desk and a blackboard. There was a small window high up, sunlight shining directly on the board, turning a square of it a deep green colour. Shiori’s mind wandered as he watched dust motes dance in the light.

WC 341

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi walked through the door as he looked around sighing to himself, he had become busy every second for the last few days. As he turned down the corridors his mind had gone blank that second as he forgot that he was supposed to offer aid to one of the students that had asked for it. It seemed he was having issues getting his head round Genjutsu and this was the perfect way to teach him about it in a more private way than in the lesson and out in front of everyone. He could understand the want to have some discretion at that point.

“Ah Shiori, sorry for being late I have been busy as of today and have just about had time to keep this tutor up with you. I do apologize for that one and it won’t happen again.”

Takeshi shut the door behind him as he looked at the younger student, knowing full well that this man would soon be free from the Academy and out on his own adventures, as he grabbed a bit of chalk from the table he turned around and wrote the words in big letters on the board all it simple read was the word Genjutsu.

“Right so you want to know a bit more about the optical illusions and such, well first we need to know how much you truly know about them. So what do you know at the moment and what can we expand on so it works on your weaknesses”

His voice back to the teacher aspect of it at that moment in time. As he looked to Shiori he waited for a reply to see if Shiori had anything that he wanted to talk about specifically and get to a start at that point. This would be a quick tutorial today if Takeshi was being honest with himself.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ah Shiori, sorry for being late I have been busy as of today and have just about had time to keep this tutor up with you. I do apologize for that one and it won’t happen again.”

Shiori turned at the voice, Takeshi framed in the doorway. He stood as the man entered, then sat back down as Takeshi moved to the front of the classroom. He grabbed the chalk and wrote out the subject of the day. He liked the tapping sound the chalk made as it sketched out the words. The task done, Takeshi addressed Shiori again.

“Right so you want to know a bit more about the optical illusions and such, well first we need to know how much you truly know about them. So what do you know at the moment and what can we expand on so it works on your weaknesses”

Good. Takeshi was getting to the point nice and quickly. Shiori thought back to his lessons on Genjutsu. He could remember snippets before his brain turned off. Genjutsu were illusions, optical, auditory, even pain could be triggered by them.

“Genjutsu are illusionary abilities. A genjutsu is created when a ninja controls the chakra flow of a target's cerebral nervous system, thereby affecting their five senses. This is frequently used to create false images and/or trick the body into believing its has experienced physical pain. Genjutsu can also be used to manipulate others - similar to brainwashing - by feeding the victim illusive suggestions. Most genjutsu is performed visually, requiring the target make eye contact with the caster. Genjutsu are very hard to cast, as precise chakra control is needed.”

Shiori paused, taking a breath.

“I understand the principle, but I want to be better at defending myself from Genjutsu. I don’t fully understand how.”

Shiori knew his recitation sounded dry, he had learnt it by rote. He understood the meaning of the words, but he found it hard to engage with them. Even in reciting, he could feel his mind wandering.

WC: 337 [678]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi nodded as he listened to the words of the student, it was clear that he knew he found a weak point in his defence and wanted to improve on it, that much he could understand hell he could even get where the kid was coming from. But right now, he wanted to help him with that much, wondering the best way he closed his eyes before opening them once more the Sharingan rotated as they looked at Shiori, it was time to put his defence to the test and it wouldn’t be in a nasty way just figuring how much he truly knew.

“This won’t take to long for you to understand what power can be achieved using Genjutsu, the hard part will be understanding when you are under it, so let’s start with something easy.”

Takeshi stared Shiori in the eyes, this probably was something that no-one wanted, especially this close to the power of the Uchiha eyes. It was simple at that moment what would happen next was probably something that Shiori hadn’t expected but it would still pin point the true potential that someone with Genjutsu could use against a weaker opponent to put the point bluntly.

“See that bag you brought with you, just empty all the content onto the floor, I don’t care if it makes a mess, just turning it upside down and clean it out all over the floor. Nothing bad there I guess”

It was something small, but still the fact that the kid would do it was going to surprise him, but what he had to realise as soon as they made eye contact this was how the Uchiha power worked. As he waited to see the results he smiled to himself. It was nothing malicious it was just a smile of remember how this teaching had once been for him.

[OOC: Hypnotic Suggestion used to have Shiori empty his bag over the floor]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Takeshi seemed to approve of Shiori’s answer. He had understood what Shiori needed from the class, and was willing to help.

“This won’t take to long for you to understand what power can be achieved using Genjutsu, the hard part will be understanding when you are under it, so let’s start with something easy.”

As Shiori was wondering what ‘something easy’ would be, Takeshi blinked, and his eyes suddenly changed. He couldn’t recall the colour they were before, but they certainly weren’t red. The black markings were very distinctive: The famed eyes of the Uchiha. The Sharingan. He had read about Doujutsu in class. They had seemed interesting, bloodline powers like his own, but focussed upon their ocular powers. The Uchiha were masters of Genjutsu, especially with their legendary eyes.

He could feel them drawing him in. The red eyes seemed to grow and take over in Shiori’s mind, wiping away questions and slowing his thoughts.

When Takeshi spoke, the words seemed forceful, echoing throughout the room and his mind.

“See that bag you brought with you, just empty all the content onto the floor, I don’t care if it makes a mess, just turning it upside down and clean it out all over the floor. Nothing bad there I guess.”

Without thinking, the boy obeyed. He turned over his tatty bag. Loose notes spilled everywhere, pencils and pens tumbling out, rattling on the floor. He dropped the bag on top of the pile, it crumpled sadly, the material thin from wear and tear.

Shiori blinked slowly, the fug in his mind clearing as he looked back up at Takeshi. A Genjutsu had been used on him, he knew. He hadn’t known until after the fact. In his mind, it had seemed perfectly logical to empty out his bag into the sorry pile at his feet.

WC: 306 [984]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“See right then it happened, it was logical in your mind but not until after the passing moments did you realise that it probably was a weird request and the decision to empty the bag made no sense to you. I get that one, but people can ask for weirder requests, I will show you in a second, I will do three Genjutsu on you each one to test your focus and determination”

Instantly the eyes spun again this time they were the Mangekyo sharingan, he had upped the game here and was willing to prove the visual Genjutsu ability, he wanted the kid to understand that Genjutsu needed a focused mind to be blocked. Right now, he probably didn’t have one but could he hold out was a question that the boy had to answer himself. This suggestion would be weaker than before, but if Shiori wasn’t calm of mind it would still wrap hold of him in a split second.

“Destroy the bag, tear it up and discard it like an empty food container”

It was an easy suggestion the bag was a ruin anyway and Takeshi would have to get the boy a replacement. It seemed that even students were stripped of cash lately and that much was obvious from the state of this bag that the boy had. He allowed a sigh to escape his lips before the eyes spun the pattern that he had become accustomed with. It was now down to Shiori resolve, it was a weaker Genjutsu at its best but it still had a higher chance of success that most people he would face. Partly because of the bloodline that flowed through his veins.

Try and resist, for the last one will be something far worse than this face, and I am sorry for it but this lesson can only be learned by a practical means.

[OOC: Using Hypnotic Suggestion Rank 1 to get Shiori to destroy his bag]

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“See right then it happened, it was logical in your mind but not until after the passing moments did you realise that it probably was a weird request and the decision to empty the bag made no sense to you. I get that one, but people can ask for weirder requests, I will show you in a second, I will do three Genjutsu on you each one to test your focus and determination”

“Yes, I see.” Shiori replied, looking at his bag on the floor. The fact that he could be made to do such a simple thing with such ease shocked him. He definitely needed to work on his willpower to resist.

When Shiori looked up, Takeshi’s eyes had changed yet again. He was going to try a new Genjutsu on him. Shiori would have to resist.

“Destroy the bag, tear it up and discard it like an empty food container”

Shiori felt his hands moving for his bag before he could catch himself. He froze, his mental struggle writ plain upon his face. He knew he shouldn’t do it. He needed his bag, it had been with him since his flight from the Island of Moon. It was precious to him.

This must be a genjutsu. He wouldn’t want to rip up his bag, one of his last items from his old life. But the drive to rip and tear was still there. Torturously slowly, hands shaking, he put the bag down on top of the rest of his supplies. His eyes stared down at the ground, not meeting Takeshi’s horrifying red stare.

“N-no. I won’t” Shiori said through gritted teeth, hands clenched into fists, shaking still.

WC: 273 [1257]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi smirked slightly the boy definitely showed a willingness to overcome obstacles that would normally cripple someone that wasn’t trained, it was almost as if he didn’t want to destroy the only thing holding him to this standard place in life. Knowing full well that he was still struggling Takeshi broke the Genjutsu instantly to stop the struggled as he looked towards Shiori.

“You know you could get another bag right, its not like we don’t pay students enough as it is for the work they do, but since you want to hang onto it for so long lets just do the simple option shall we?”

Takeshi allowed his eyes to rotate, this time a slight trail of blood appeared down his right eye, as the spiral begun nothing in the room changed, Shiori probably wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference of what was taking place right now, but he was just inside one of the Uchiha greatest weapons so to speak, an illusion that even some of the best Ninja still managed to fall victim to. It was clear that he had managed to grab the boy as he wasn’t expecting for such a powerful move to be used.

“I will help solve this bag issue myself, your unwillingness surprises me but what can be done about it. It’s better to just discard it like the rubbish it is”

His hands came together quickly as he shot a small fireball at the bag, watching it catch alight in a second of course though this was just a simple illusion the damage that could be done in this realm was something most would worry about. The bag sat there burning while the student was unable to move, this was the final teaching lesson he had. How to recognised the strongest Genjutsu alive in the Uchiha’s personal opinion.

Hiyasu Shiori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“You know you could get another bag right, its not like we don’t pay students enough as it is for the work they do, but since you want to hang onto it for so long lets just do the simple option shall we?”

Shiori nodded, not knowing where Takeshi was going with his chain of thought. It was all he had left. That bag had carried his life whilst the family had made their escape to the Fire Country and Konohagakure. It had meaning to him. Looking at it, memories of the travel came back, sleeping rough, the fear in his father’s face.

Shiori’s eyes flicked up to see one of Takeshi’s bleeding. The black markings were moving too, an unnatural image giving Takeshi a daemonic air.

“What do y-”

Takeshi burnt the bag.

This bag, that he had carried through storms, mud and even a couple of missions, was gone. Another link to his past life broken. All he had now were his clothes. Would Takeshi burn them too? Would the ninja of Leaf eradicate all of Shiori’s past life? Anything that made him different?

He knelt on the floor, running his hand through the ashes. His mouth was set in a hard line.

“That was wrong.”

WC: 251 [1508]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked at the weakened Shiori before breaking Tsukiyomi, his hand coming up and whipped the blood from his eyes as he focused back to the boy that was now stood in front of his bag and nothing in the room had changed, he allowed a small sigh to come to his lips in that split second as he pondered what to tell Shiori.

“You were under another Genjutsu, this one is something to be careful of, it will not offer protection, it will not stop the nasty things that come at night getting you inside it. It is build for one purpose, harm”

Takeshi turned to the board and whipped away the words that had been set on the board as he looked over to the kid for a few seconds before taking something out of his pocket. It was nothing special just a ruined envelope as he handed it over to the kid for a few seconds he allowed a small sigh to come to his lips wondering what to do with the newest Academy Student. He showed so much promise in the future and he had a lot of potential as well these where key things that could not be missed anytime soon.

“Look, go see this person, they will give you clothes, food and a warm place to sleep if you need it, clearly you have had problems in your life, I won’t lie it won’t get easy suddenly it will get hardered, but if you need anything from me. Anytime….”

Takeshi paused for a few seconds, he seemed to be being nice to the kid though hadn’t he already shown the same kind of treatment to other students at that time. He knew full well that he had made the work load hard for himself but Students deserved a new start.

“Look if you need anything call in the favour, I’m only giving you one so use it wisely but remember kid, if you need anything call”

With that Takeshi grabbed his own stuff and left the student in the room on his own to think about what had taken place.

[Topic Left]
[Tutoring Completed]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back