Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ourouro -> Tonkon Maki (Missing to Leaf)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Old Character Name: Orouro
Old Village/Missing: Missing
OCR Type: Inactivity OCR
Last Known Where-abouts: Moon?
Old IC Rank: Post your IC rank here /Mercenary

New Character Name: Tonkon Maki
Preferred Username: Maki
New Village/Missing: Leaf
New BL/CA: Battlesmith/Wind Valkyrie Chimera
Custom Class:</I>
ILU-3000 said:
ILU-3000
HP: (55+lvl) x stamina
CP: (35+lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: Kinjutsu, +1 Accuracy
High: Melee Accuracy
Average: Evasion, Genjutsu Save, Ninjutsu Accuracy, Ranged Accuracy
Low: Genjutsu DC
<I>
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: I was branchless when I retired, but using Mednin for my ability branch. Sticking to that.
IC Rank: Says I can’t choose Sennin but uh…that’s what Maki is IC still. So Sennin.

Character Age: 31
Sex: Male
Character's Physical Description: Maki stands just a hair under six feet, and has bulked himself back up over the years to his wiry form with a 180 lbs frame. He’s lost the bulk he built up in response to his torture, and seems to have somehow overcome the corruption in his stolen eye. A keen eye might realize that the replacement is a prosthetic infused with chakra to allow clear vision. His hair is kept relatively short, it’s brown strands not allowing his opponents a handhold. He’s also started growing in facial hair. Maki has begun to take to the amenities of his newfound clan but dressing in more stylish clothing, mostly to cover up the abomination that is his right arm. While skin and muscle have begun to overgrow the necrotic limb, the hand still remains completely skeletal and is held together only by force of will and chakra control.
Character's Mental Description:
Maki is, to be blunt, a broken man. But a broken man who has rediscovered purpose in his life. Tortured in defense of a land he did not claim as his own, tied to it by the b onds of friendship, he seeks now to fulfill some purpose, some meaning. His dry wit remains, as does his nearly indomitable resolve. But his mind is no longer the sharp tool of destruction it used to be, forcing him to rely on more mundane tricks. This doesn’t make him any less of an adversary in the realm of scheming.
Multiple Personality Application: Maki has an invisible friend no one, even he, can see or interact with.
Character History: Unretiring so I don’t think this needs approval since it…you know, happened.
Clan Request: Isaki – If Hoshirei willing I would like to take control once more after we RP it out.

Death/Retirement Thread: Nada
Old Profile: Unless it’s in my signature I can’t see it.
Old Training: Ditto
Old Dojo: Ditto

Special Usergroups: I had a few I don’t think I can have back :(

Old Stats: Capped
Old OOC Rank: S
Stat Cut: None
New Stats: Capped
Stat Minimums said:
E rank - 20 minimum in each stat
D rank - 40 minimum in each stat
C rank - 70 minimum in each stat
B rank - 120 minimum in each stat
A rank - 210 minimum in each stat
S rank - 240 minimum in each stat
New OOC Rank: S

Jutsu Mastery Swaps: Just keeping everything how it is. Not gonna change a thing.

Other Refunds: See above.

Name of any Contract you currently own: Nothing!
Name of any Cursed Seals you currently own: None.
- If Retiring character, list link to obtaining the cursed seal (from village request). You will regain this cursed seal upon rebirth back into this character. Curse Seals do not carry over to new characters.
Name of Kinjutsu you own: Applying for Chimera below.
- If retiring character, list link to obtaining the kinjutsu (from your village request). You will regain this kinjutsu upon rebirth back into this character. Kinjutsus do not carry over to new character. Also, you may choose any kinjutsu fr your new character, but you will need to apply for it with your new character.

Still actively roleplaying in any other threads? Not since uh…January?
Upon death, roleplayers in ANY of your other incomplete thread(s) are to vote whether they can deal with your non-existence from the beginning of these thread(s). Whether you joined these thread(s) before or after you entered the battle that got you killed, you are still considered a part of these thread(s).
- If players vote yes, you get to move on to your next life.
- If players vote no, you must stay in those threads as if you were still alive.

You can still train (see: explanation of Limbo Training below) and do other OOC things, but you may NOT join any new threads. After you have completed these thread(s), post in OCR again and we will move you on to your next life.

What is Limbo Training?
This is the training that you would have gotten if you did not move on to your new character's life. Your caps are determined by your rebirthed stats. You must keep a record of your stats gained during limbo in your OCR thread. You may NOT request for an automatic rank up should you find that your new stats allow you to upgrade. Limbo training is only for people who have died in modded combat or suicide. Anyone whose character has not died is still capable of RPing that character until their OCR is finalized, and thus can train as normal.

Things you do NOT need to state, but take note of:
  • Abilities = All of your Abilities are auto-untrained upon rebirth. In order to have any Abilities for your new character, you must activate them by posting in your character’s Dojo topic in your new village.
  • Character History = By suiciding/rebirthing, you're making a new character. This means your new character must not know or remember anything of your old character's life/thoughts/feelings. If your new character has ANY direct/indirect connection to your old character, you MUST state that in your new character history write up for Admin & Village approvals. All Medical or ANBU related experience should be reflected in your history along with CA or BL influence.
  • Editing Your New Character Application = Do not edit a post you have made in your OCR. You must copy all of your information from your last post and add the changes to the new post. This is for papertrail reasons.

Things that do NOT transfer with your next character:
Please take notice of which ASP shop items that you have bought transfer with your character, and which do not.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Applying for my Chimera kinjutsu - Battlesmith/Wind Valk.
”So it’s true. Money can buy happiness.”

Maki stared at the contraption infront of him, floating slightly above the stand made for it, some trick of magnetism. It was round, and had some crystals embedded on the surface that he couldn’t identify. He reaches out with his skeletal arm and pokes at it, but the devices shudders out of the way with a spark if light.

”Yes sir. The woman was very certain it would do what you required. She claims it contains healing energies that can revive even the dead.”

His single remaining eye looks up from the emblem to his employee before nodding. The Byakugan implanted had rotted out long ago, leaving an infection behind that he’d barely staved off. He now had a very lifelike fake in the socket, but it was no substitute for a working eye. ”Well lets test it.” He reaches out with his normal hand and plucks the necklace from its magnetic cage, slipping it over his head and feeling the weight of it settle on his neck.

Immediately the former warrior falls to his knees and lets out a scream. His arm felt worse than when he’d shoved the necrotic appendage into it so long ago. Worse than when his original limb had been sliced off in pieces, his eye ripped out and the socket scorched. A pain like nothing he had felt before rocked him to his very soul. His rotten, corrupted soul. It burned pathways into him, it flushed out the corruption. Unfortunately, much of Maki’s personality was such corruption, having been born into it.

Happi watched silently as his boss writhed on the floor, standing in stoic inaction as he’d been ordered to. The woman had given a warning that if one undeserving put this on it might kill them. He could only hope that his boss was capable of overcoming his darker side. As the hours passed, Happi would grow worried but hopefuly. Maki wasn’t getting any better, but he wasn’t dead yet. He knew that after all of this, the man would need a day of rest if only for his sore muscles.

Finally, as the sun peaked in the sky, the nightmare ended. Maki opened his eyes to the white ceiling above and panted for air. It had been well before midnight when he put the thing on, and here it was almost noon of the following day. He tries to call for water but all that escapes is a pitiful croak. Nevertheless, Happi was there with a glass, and Maki gulps it down eagerly. He hands it back, but pauses once Happi reaches out for it.

He blinks. Once. Twice. Rapidly now. He then closes his left eye and pulls the glass back, moving it around a bit before tossing it to Happi. He could see it. He could see it with his right eye. Everything was blurry, true, but that was a damn sight better than nothing at all, no pun intended.

With some help he rises, every fiber of his being screaming in agony. ”Sir, if I could suggest some rest?” Maki simply nods and lets the other help him to his chambers.

---------

It would be some months before his fake eye had full functionality. But indeed it returned. The old woman had been right, something mystic was about this amulet. For one, upon awakening the next morning he’d learned it was fused to his chest. This caused no small amount of panic before he accepted it, slipped the chain off, and simply moved on. For another, in addition to his eye his skeletal left arm was beginning to heal over with flesh and muscle. It was a painful process, and a slow one.

Perhaps the biggest change was in his mind. Not even mystical amulets of unlimited healing could fix a broken mind. But it could help wire the mess together, apparently. Maki awoke with a renewed purpose in his life. A meaning, a reason for actually being. No longer would he live solely for the sake of living.

Maki knew things weren’t good when Kenshin was attacked in his own dojo. When those kids died. He knew he could do something, could have done something. But he didn’t. He let it ride. He almost lost a comrade. He lost himself. He would fix his mistakes.

----------

”Sir…?

”Don’t worry, it’s fine.”

Happi obviously had his doubts, but the fact that the amulet’s crystals were beginning to light up didn’t bother Maki at all. He focused on his work. Once more he focused his mind, forcing chakra to coat the blade in his hands. A simple technique, it could extend the reach of one’s weapons, even sharpen up dulled blades. Maki takes a few deep breathes before shoving his skeletal hand into the hole he’d bored into the middle of the blade while jerking on the weapon sharply, but trying to focus the chakra exactly where it was. It was the briefest of moments that the weapon was free of the chakra, but the outline stayed right where it was. It was the first success he’d had in weeks. It spurred him on to higher aims.

Only a week later he was perfecting the next step. As Happi watched, Maki poured a small bit of ground metal into a pile and focused his chakra into it. As a trained shinobi turned bodyguard, Happi knew enough about chakra to guess what Maki was doing, but couldn’t begin to fathom how. The chakra was forming a shell and the metal was being molded around that shell to give it physical form. Where before where was a pile of metal dust, there was now a dagger. Not the prettiest weapon, but as Maki proved against the straw target shortly, it was serviceable.

-------------

”Sir, what are you doing?

He was tinkering with the amulet. And technically performing surgery on himself. But that wasn’t important to him. ”This thing didn’t just fuse to me, it’s growing inside of me. I guess that’s how it’s rebuilding my arm, moving unnecessary flesh to my arm. It’s left a good bit of space in my chest cavity where it….Happi I swear I’m sane. Put the rope away.”

Happi, reluctantly, had to agree that while he might be a bit manic he was lucid. As he watched, his employer and friend explained that he was only seeing how far it went. He would have actual surgeons implant the titanium tubing inside him. His eye wandered back to the rope before Maki shoo’d him out of the room.

Indeed, titanium was implanted not just into Maki’s chest but elsewhere on his form. His limbs, around his skull. Small tubes, so small one couldn’t see them under the skin. With small openings across his body. Happi thought it madness. Maki thought it genius, and told Happi than all men of true genius were considered mad in their time.

Happi didn’t think that made them any less insane when they cut their body parts off and leapt to their deaths while declaring their love of geese later in their lives.

----------

It was time to put it to the test. Maki was forming weapons seemingly from this air and, for his part, Happi was dismantling his boss every step of the fight. But this wasn’t a test of who could fight better, if it were he had no doubt his opponent would use more tried and tested tactics. Maki was testing this idea in realtime, which was quite frightening considering the major surgery he’d undergone before even checking if this was a viable idea.

But it was working. The metal would come out of his boss’s very body and attach to the chakra shell. This meant that it required very little actual metal to make a weapon, as it merely had to fit the shape and not the whole weapon. But it was still quite heavy moving with such stores of metal shavings about.

He came upon the solution practicing with his wind techniques. He learned to use the wind to lighten himself, to increase his agility. He could also use it to propel dust, dirt, and other particles into the shell of chakra and mold them into weapons and armor.

He progressed quickly from there with not only the weapons and armor, but the wind techniques. Utilizing it to float, then glide, before performing the feat of leaping across a field one day. He was soon able to channel it with a thought, drawing upon it as easily as he used to his sound. He’d also moved on from steel to a lighter weight metal that was durable enough for his needs. This allowed him to carry more on his person. Hidden pockets in his clothes, in his shoes, inside of his very form.

He’d also taken to wearing the armor more. When Happi asked, Maki simply stated his name was too downtrodden. He needed to give the village a symbol. Hope. Something unable to be corrupted that could lead them into a future of safety.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Maki this is your current list of Jutsu and stats as per your training please review it.
Orouro said:
Agility: 600
Stamina: 600
Taijutsu: 600
Ninjutsu: 600
Genjutsu: 600
Chakra Control: 600
ASP: 578

Jutsu:
Medical
Fire
Wind
]Non ElementalEarth
ANBU
KinesisCrystal
Gravity
Metal
Sound
Water
Storm
VisualWill<i></i>
Audial<i></i>
Kinetic<i></i>

• Just sending my SS gift for right now.
    Going to buy then send a Contract of Your Choice (400 ASP), along with 400k yen, and a note of "Sorry, I don't have a contract either :("

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Name: Approved
Kinjutsu: Approved
Jutsu: Approved
Class: Approved