Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Out in the Wild! [Mission]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
A wintry chill descended upon the village as the day darkened rapidly. Simply perfect, thought Nanashi who was headed to the stall across the village to get him a mission. This mission he envisioned to be quite different from the usual ones he had become accustomed to. It was obvious he was pretty interested in trying anything other than house services and missing cats. On selecting a blue scroll, he rolled it open and feasted his eyes on the contents which in summary was a complaint from an old farmer--Asuchi about stopping whatever was taking his flock of sheep around the farm outside the village for food. Hopefully this "thing" is cool, Nanashi thought impatiently; his head swollen with fantasy of what he was likely to come up against: a giant monster shaped half like a man and half like a bull, confined in the darkness maybe? or simply an eight-footed forest monster with red eyes and snarling white fangs on the loose. Either way, he was preparing himself mentally for something he thought big. Clothed in his typical shinobi gear of a black, high collar shirt with the Uchiha insignia up front and white shorts, he brought with him in the pouch on his side 3 dozen sets of throwing knives and shuriken. Being only 7 years old with a couple of unmastered justsu, he never doubted the importance of ninja tools and didn't want to be caught without them. Heading out, he proceeded to the farm outside the village. it seemed from the constant warfare and obvious raiding, the sheep in the area weren't doing so well. Losing their numbers was not just an annoyance but more of a crisis. Nanashi however, was oblivious to all of this, he was simply happy to be doing a mission which involved battle. As he made his way over to the farm, he spotted an older man wearing a straw hat. Getting closer, he noticed his weathered face, the man had obviously spent most of his life outside doing hard, but honest labor. "Oi! Ossan (old man), u must be the one in need of an exterminator." He spoke while in constant motion. "Don't you worry, i'll beat up any monster or whatever is messing with your sheep so bad that they'll never bother your farm again. I'll make sure of it!" Nanashi exclaimed with a huge grin. His eyes he narrowed and scanned the woods which was close to the farm for any sign of unsual disturbance.

[Summoning Uchiha Takeshi]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the man was waiting for the Genin to turn up, after all he had recently hired the man for this job, though who the leaf village sent would be down to them and them alone, it was clear that the elderly man had a few questions at the way the boy turned up for this. He seemed to be already boastful and that caught the attention of the man, wondering if he was even able to follow threw with those boasts for he seemed far younger than a normal shinobi of the village. But that wasn’t important what was would be the fact the farmer was losing his stock each night and he needed that to stop.

“So, you are the one the village sent, I pay this money and they send me a child, well I guess I will have to make do with what is sent to me after all. So young man you think it will be as simple as having a beast appear and then you are killing it, if it was that simple do you not think I would have done it myself by now instead of having to pay for the village to do it for me?”

The old man leaned down on his seat as he pressed his back against the stone wall of his house, considering his options he allowed a small cackle to come to his mouth as he looked at the youth, his teeth broken and missing in most places. His beard as grey as what little hair he had remaining on his head. He closed his eyes in the sun light as he baked in the heat of the day, though the trees offered shade the farm was not the most comfortable place for a farmer to be at and even the young shinobi would soon enough feel the heat against his skin.

“Well then I better tell you the information that I have and leave the task up to you, after all if the village has sent you boy the you are probably the one that is ready to do the work if they sent you there has to be a reason behind it wouldn’t you say so?”

It seemed the man was being co-operative with the boy considering how the conversation started off, though just a simple farmer he had to pay out of his noise to mange to afford the services, it was something that he would have to get used to and right now he was determined to get his moneys worth, his live stock being killed had seen profits drop and if he wasn’t careful it would lead to a path that he would never recover from.

“What ever happens takes place at night when I am in the deepest of sleeps, not to be disturbed or disrupted. I wake up and every night like clock work I have lost one more of my creatures, one more of my cattle and for it I am all that bit poorer. I believe it knows what time to launch its attack and with that it makes sure that no-one is around to see it happen. So far, the count is at a loss of twelve sheep, it seems that for the last twelve nights it happens always at the same time. I never hear anything about it, I suggest that is your starting place boy your place to wait and see and find the answers. I have tried to stay up and see what is happening but this old body of mine needs rest if I am to mow the fields in the morning.”

[TWC: 611/2,000]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
On perceiving the old man's displeased eyes on his appearance, Nanashi contracted his brows in displeasure. His features contorted with a comical frown in tune to the man's misconception of power. Hadn't he been told never to judge a book by it's cover? The Uchiha wondered. Sure, he wasn't the hero the old farmer had concieved in thought but this was something the little leaf boy by rank was more than qualified for. All his life, ever since his days in the academy, he had tended to various missions of similar rank.

As tedious as these were, they had in no way posed a threat to him. This shouldn't be any different. Moreover... What could the old man possibly know about being a ninja? Or perhaps, was he simply looking out for him instead? Nanashi followed up with questions he left unanswered within.

“Umm...” The leaf boy replied with his shoulders slightly raised in dubiety to the first question the man asked. He paused for a while unsure what to say next. The man's features he stared at deeply in a moment of silence under the dim lit sky which endured a while. On his weathered face, Nanashi could see expressive grief--one he was not conscious of before now.

Clear as day it was that this man was tired of counting losses. Doubt it seemed he was willing to cast aside now in renewed hopes that the leaf boy could, and would get the job done. His stern countenance he replaced with a calm one, willing now to co-operate with the uchiha.

Conceivably, it seemed he was pressed to considering how the conversation started off. Now that he thought about it the old man’s voice potrayed uncertainty rather than anger or disappointment. He was only a simple farmer, his livestock being killed had seen profits dwindle and if he wasn’t careful it could lead to a path that he may never recover from. Assessing the farmer's earlier remarks, Nanashi could see now that the old man had squeezed dry his pockets to afford aid from the leaf and right now he was hell-bent on getting his money's worth.

Narrating the events he believed occured while he slept, Old man Asuchi spoke in a weary tone bidding the genin to be on the look out. Whatever it was snatching sheep and cattle from his farm had done so invariably at the same time everyday in the last twelve days when the light from the sun could no longer be seen. In that span, twelve sheep had been lost to the ravenous creature whose fortress stood untroubled in the dark.
Hearing the old man finish his statement, Nanashi moved closer to him and added compassion to his voice.

"Don't upset yourself with this ossan (old man). Get some rest and only worry about mowing the fields tomorrow in the morning. I give u my word. I will put a stop to this."

It took Nanashi a second to realize what was happening; suddenly his mind was clear. A humorless aura came upon him with a burst of fiery passion that burned away the fear of injuries or death. The genin's resolve had become as strong as his body. He turned his face away in the direction of the woods pulling out a throwing knife. Moving closer to the herd, he knew what he was going to do next. Or more importantly, where the creature would be. It was all just a matter of time now.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the boy was full of confidence though there would always be issues with the youth they seemed to be determined to get the job done that was something that would have to be determined by the outcome of the mission, though it was always true that most people had to show there true nature before they were respected in some cases this proved true and with the young boy giving him his words the only way he would appreciate it was if the words came true and he did finally get some results, results meant answers and results where something the man could understand as he watched the boy head towards the edge of the woods wondering what the outcome of his little adventure would be. If his problem would be solved or if it would be crushed before it even started.

Inside of the woods it seemed that the movement would not be noticeable normally used to staying up at night the form of two humans were curled up against a tree, they had been hunting that night and the new skin of the sheep’s that they had found had been carved together to allow them to wrap up inside of a blanket and allow themselves to sleep in the warmth of the normally cold woods, this has been there world that they had come to as both of them had that final moment to have some sweet dreams, this time they were not poor. They were not homeless, and they still had all the hopes and dreams that someone would have inside of the normal world.

The two children where no younger than five and six, it seemed that they had been forgotten by the world and had been hunting by themselves. One of them held a spear the other held a knife as they slept having to forge their own path in this life it seemed that they had been living off the local crop. It seemed that these had been the cause of the disappearing live stock they had been the ones that had been taking from the land to survive, and now they where being hunted it seemed that they had been discovered for there crimes, but when you where born in to this way of life what was to be expected, the question is what would the leaf Shinobi would do when he found out the truth.

For now, both of them allowed themselves to sleep unaware in there dreaming state of what was really happening to the hopeless, dark and abandoned real world. Here in this world they could be free and do what they wanted to do without an issues or concerns this was something that they all had to consider and would have to wake up from at some point. Hugging each other they shared the skins of the animals and kept warm as the sun passed through the branches, to accustomed to the night now as the edge of the forest held their hunter waiting to enter.

[TWC: 1,121/2,000]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
Nanashi leapt at the opportunity at hand, but only to fufill his promise to the old man. He moved through the dense undergrowth, adopting feint steps. Narrowing down, his eyes peered out in search of clues or anything strange and suspicious; foolish it was to rely solely on chance. For a long moment he continued in the woods, the high collar of his stylish shirt pushed against a chill wind; This sudden drop in temperature abetted his desire in maintaining a low profile, for fear of strangers or worse, monsters encountering his scent.

As he got deeper in the woods, the world became a stranger place, swept by shadows he’d had no previous awareness of and populated by vaguely outlined life-forms he saw as insignificant in his quest. He consorted with his instincts, navigating the paths the forest had designed. Turning from left to right, he glanced around the woods, as one might to fix a memory in the mind. Briefly his gaze fell on two figures, unsuspecting and asleep in the hairy coat of a sheep--the old man's sheep. Curiousity tugged on his features as he took to the bark of a tree, scanning his environment for traps. At this point, he made use of the visual prowess the sharingan possessed. These figures it seemed were neither wolves or eight-legged monsters, but children, scarcely younger than him. Friend or foe? He could neither discern but judging by their tools, Nanashi opted to play it safe. Weaving a series of handseals, two clones of his moved in as blurs dismissing their weapons, while he drew out a throwing knife in view of their predatory instincts and unknown abilities he believed was capable of anything.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the children that had slept in this place had been making a full day of the rest that they had managed to achieve, though it seemed that they were to to stressed about the idea of having to fight there way out of a situation or even being found in this place, they did not notice the approaching people as they tried to keep themselves warm and keep themselves covered up, there minds swimming them to places that where better than what they had found here, what they had been promised and all the dreams that they had seemed a life time ago and now were so out of reach and so completely different it was hard to believe that they were the same promises that there parents had told them.

The two kids allowed there minds to swim with the thoughts of the future that they wanted, one when they did not have to beg, steal and borrow to survive, this land was suppose to give everyone a chance or that is what they were told when they were growing up but since the departure of there parents it seems that life had shown its true form and that was the head of an ugly creation that had no time for children at all. It had shown them a way of life that was hard even on the strongest soul, that could break the will of most people, but these two children had been in it together, they had come out the other side and it seemed that they had managed to have each other to rely on. There company and the fact that they did what was required to stay alive had seen them this far, the question now that needed to be answered what would the Uchiha do now he found those behind the disappearance of the animals.

[TWC: 1,435/2,000]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S rank
From the rough corner of the tree, Nanashi revealed his eye. He glanced at the kids cautiously, expecting a violent response but surprisingly, his view was met with their unwavering position. Inherently, the boys were lost in their dreams despite the added presence of the leaf ninja. Smoke steamed from Nanashi's creased eyebrows and pursed lips as his look crashed in befuddlement. Hunters, strays or both? He pondered; surely with those instincts they must have known by now that they were no longer alone. Perhaps, had he overestimated their skill or was this simply a ploy to lure him to lower his guard? He questioned himself further, but with interest and caution in his eyes. Judging by their age and choice of residence, they seemed like victims of an unfortunate tale rather than the monsters Nanashi would have liked to ward off. In truth, they were innocent in his eyes but Nanashi feared a bit otherwise in his thoughts.

With caution he moved closer hoping to introduce compassion between them; his belief that they were victims themselves might long have moved him to pity instead of stirring anger and loathing. Their actions he saw as a consequence of leading a life without guidance--one he was familiar with. While he relished his secret identity, he wanted at the same time for it to be known that he was a being who understood their plight having at one point ventured into the dark himself. Takeshi he remembered, had steered him away from misdirection when he saved and adopted him as his own--the same man he now admires. Although presented a similar role, he was no Takeshi. These boys may not listen to the same words which had saved him from despair but he was determined to try anyway.
With precision he tossed two throwing knives ahead whose whistles split the air past their ears and got them up.

"I admire your courage to live on but u two shouldn't be stealing sheep to do so. The old man's livelihood is already in decline and he probably might kill himself if he lost anymore sheep. Surely, you two wouldn't want that; the blood of an old honest man on your hands. If you ever feel bad about your actions, you can both turn yourselves in and work in his farm as penance for your deeds. You'd be much safer their than out here. The old man is a kind fellow and I'm certain he would pardon your misgivings. But if u choose to remain out here in the dark, you'll both slowly vanish along with it. I'm certain you wouldn't want that so what's it going to be?" Nanashi dispelled his fears and added compassion to his voice as he spoke, offering both hands in wait to their answers

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the kids had finally had the wake-up call, weather they wanted it to be something that happened or not would now not be in their own choice. It seemed that they had company and it seemed that they had finally been found out, though that was something that none of them could have expected. It was what the situation currently was going into something nasty, as they tried to keep themselves out of the open and sleep where they would have thought they could not be found, but that was another issue that they would have to address as the two children slowly begun to wake up as they found someone speaking to them.

“Who are you anyway, why do you bother us we just want to be left alone, the world left us, and we want to leave it alone, now can we go back to sleep, or do we need to listen to you continuing to whine about the state of the world that we are in?”

It seemed that the older one of the two was not as good at behaving as the younger one who looked scared at the situation they where in, it seemed clear that they had got themselves into some trouble but the real question that needed the answer right now was what where they going to do about the man that stood in front of them holding their lives in his hands, it seemed a bit of a cliché situation to go off at him, but that was to be expected of any animal that had just been cornered it seemed.

“Brother maybe the man is right, we are taking someone’s lively hood from them, maybe we could at least explain our actions before we just move along, I believe this boy deserves that much since he came all this way and found that it was us doing the work and not some monster that was hunting the mans flock, that is the least we can do wouldn’t you agree in this situation?”

The boy was pulling himself out of the warmth that he had made from the skins, he allowed himself to look towards the man that had found them as he pondered the words that his sister was speaking it seemed that they had a lot to be said but he would try and explain the situation to the best of his ability and maybe even offer the prospect of leaving this area.

“We lost our family when we where so young, then we got kicked out of our home by the people that the family owed money to, thrown out and told to survive with nothing we became beggars and that was the end of the situation to be honest. We had to learn to live off the land, we had to beg, and steal and we had no choice but to make sure that thoughts around us never found out where we were, we had to make sure that we survive just by this. I had to learn to kill and learn how to make sure that meat was cooked, and you talk to us about coming back to a world that abandoned us, well unfortunately for that I have to say no. Look we can promise we will not be a problem for the farmer any more, we will head somewhere else, we have what we need from here, take this wolf skin if you want to prove you killed a beast, but myself and my sister will be leaving this place and heading elsewhere, we just needed to stop by for a few days. But remember this, you have seen how the world treats someone that had everything taken away, tell me are you happy with what you saw, or would you have preferred that it was a different way. Anyway, good day mister ninja I hope that everything works out for you”

The boy seemed to have given the instructions of what was happening, and it seemed that he had decided that this was the end of the conversation, throwing the wolf skin down at the feet of the Ninja, the two of them vanished into smoke. It was quick and efficient a well-practiced escape but the results of this encountered had been the one that was needed. It seemed that the conversation as over and the two kids had moved off they would not cause any more issue to the man and his flock.

[TWC: 2,000+/2,000]
[Rewards have been requested, please hit the 2,000 word count]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back