Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

out. on. a. walk. [Open]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
5af84c0c7768bb6d64b54544ba6c96ad.gif

It would be a rather unextraordinary day for most. Aside from the uneasy feeling created by the looming threat of The Swarm as promised by the Steward and the influx of refugees into the village as a result of the creatures attacks outside of the village, this was just another day for most. There was one, however, that saw this day just a little bit different. He was a pinkish haired lad that was out on his own.

*Moments before*

"LORD RAIZO!!!! UNLOCK THIS DOOR!!!!"

"Yu... I can't... I'm... being abducted? Yea... yea! Ah! Help! Oh... no!!!"

And with that, he would calmly walk out of the Kazekage tower.

*Back to the present*

"That terrifying woman would already be on me by now... that Steward and the things he craft are no joke. Hopefully, it buys me enough time to explore a bit of the village uninterrupted and uninfluenced by the musings of my baby sitter."

Mentally he would hear Yukina scold him and inform him that she was a personal attendant. She would probably also be yelling at him for various other things, but he would not focus on that now. No, instead he would focus on the positives. Like trying to figure out this village and its people. Was this home? Was this a mistake? It was time to let the wheel of fate decide!

"Hello Sunan! Good Day, Sunan! Wonderful... sky.... Sunan?"

He clearly did not know much about the culture of the village or what they would appreciate, so this would be a stumble at times as he tried to branch out to new comments instead of repeating the same things over and over again. He would remember the words of his father, when lecturing him on his future as a leader of the clan: you need to show the people care for them individually when among them, it shows you care even if the reality is you can't honestly care or know each and every person in our bloodline. It's a fine line to walk.

So he would continue to attempt to walk it in order to better his skills as a future leader for his people.

"Nice... sand... today... Sunan?!"

Nailed it.

OOC: Sorry for the short starting post... I struggle with these, but would appreciate anyone stumbling in to join me ^_^

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
However un-extraordinary it may appear on the surface, the current events have declared otherwise. Their steward made it very clear that attack was imminent, it was surprising to see the majority of things still running as smooth as it was given the current doom status looming over the village. But this was Sunagakure afterall, these were not a people that would go down easily. Though he was not natural born himself, he still felt a tug within that tied him to this village and these people. Over time they wore on him, perhaps he was simply becoming complacent in his task, Mother Suna perhaps would look down upon him with disapproval. Kaen could only wonder where she might be in all of this.

Pushing these forlorning thoughts of his Queen aside, Kaen would keep to himself as he walked out of a nearby shop. Under his arm he carried a wrapped package, it was not hefty enough to need two hands so Kaen lit a cigarette with his free hand. Exhaling deeply, Kaen would let out a sigh of relief. He had been waiting far too long for this package to arrive. The package had been imported from the land of Water. It wasn't anything fancy, just a small token for his younger sister, Kasen. Call it a welcome home gift if you would, she had been missing for far too long and it only seemed appropriate that he got her something. Simply saying he was happy she had returned would not do.

Just as he stepped onto the paved street to head home, something most unfortunate would happen. "Nice... sand... today... Sunan?!" It was not something you heard every day, usually these people would not greet each other in such a manner. So unusual in fact that Kaen would quickly turn to see who had said it. Normally he might not have paid it any mind, but with the current tension and danger rising each day in Wind Country, as a member of the Anbu Kaen could not afford to overlook anything. But this dedication to his career would cost him dearly. Yes, Kaen had grown complacent. He was unfocused and thus devastation followed.

The subtle sound of glass shattering echoed throughout the open walkway. Kaen blinked slowly as he realized just what had happened. Somehow he had tripped and sent the package flying, or crashing rather. There was an uneasiness to his silence, a slow build up of anger began to surface. This was troubling since usually there was someone to blame, but this was his own fault. He couldn't blame it on this weirdo... or could he? Leaving his broken dreams on the wayside, Kaen would begin to tail this most peculiar individual, stopping when he stopped, moving when he moved. Given his current state of mind, he would make no efforts to conceal the fact that he was following, in fact given the chance, Kaen would lock eyes with him but say nothing. Words were difficult in these.... trying times.

[OOC MFT]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would continue to greet people and in turn, would be greeted with odd reactions and expressions. It's not that he was oblivious or dumb to these looks, it was simply that there was a positively charged feeling of "YOLO". This was a new place, these were new people, he expected there to be awkwardness to it all. If he allowed the fear of being socially awkward to stop him, he would have remained in the Kazekage Tower waiting to be walked around by the Steward like some sort of dog. He wanted to meet the people, he didn't want the scenery of Suna to be painted for him. Whether good or bad, he wanted to forge his way into the masses and see what this village was truly about.

The sound of something shattering would catch his attention as he would turn around with a puzzled look. With all the hustle and bustle occurring, he would not be able to discern the situation, or if there was even a situation, so he would continue onward with his merry little tour. Along the way he would continue to interact with people to the best of his abilities.

"Do you sell Pugilist Scorpions meat here?"

The food merchant, his food still sitting upon the grill, would look at the young man with a puzzled expression.

"Why would you even want to eat those things?!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???"

The pink-haired young adult would become animated in his response towards the merchant.

"Listen, they are a bit of a bugger to kill... but if you haven't had the meat found in their claws... have you even lived!? It is probably some of the tastiest scorpion-like food you will find in this country. Ok, ok, ok, so no Pugilist Scorpion... but what about Kyrinchor tails?"

"I don't even know what those are kid!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! And kid?! I am an adult... a full grown... future clan leading... warrior... hungry.... lacking my first wife, so I guess at this age it is a bit troublesome... adult! Don't you be judging me, you bald old man!"

The merchant would clearly have hair as the pinked-haired adult would huff, puff out his chest and march away. He would continue this process until his displeased expression would begin to subside. There would be something that would start to gnaw at him, it was a feeling he had felt before. Something those within his clan would get very used to at a very young age, but it would still carry with it the same original feeling. He would smirk to himself a bit as he would continue to move around the area, but now his pace would begin to pick up a bit. His movements would also become more erradict and less linear, it would seem that he was either lost and trying to find his way or he was trying to run away from something. Or someone. He would finally quickly, and suddenly, turn down and alleyway. Depending on how fast the person tailing him was, he would either briefly lose sight of him, he would maintain sight and see the pink-haird youngster climbing up the wall of a building and onto the roof, or he would be slightly late and only catch the young man pulling himself up and onto the rooftops.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hot on his trail Kaen would follow the small-statured individual with intent. What would he even say once he caught up to him? Perhaps it had moved past conversation and Kaen merely wanted to confront him for acting the fool, but mostly he was looking for someone to blame. Clearly it was his own fault for not being vigilant enough to not save his sister's gift. While it was true this guy was proving to be a nuisance and just generally curious in the strangest of ways, the cause was not fully on him. Pugilist Scorpions, Kyrinchor tails? Kaen himself did not know of these requests. This would only solidify Kaen's suspicions, his requests, his obnoxious actions and the manner in which he spoke. There were a plethora of unique individuals running amuck in Sunagakure, it was entirely possible that Kaen just didn't get out enough to fully understand his adopted people.

Kaen would smirk a bit, being distracted by the way this apparent child carried himself. So proud, quick to speak out and raise his voice. It almost reminded him of someone... Still, Kaen followed, past the merchants, further down the street. It was becoming increasingly more difficult to stay with the pink-haired kid. It was almost as if he was on to Kaen. Had Kaen slipt up and revealed himself? I suppose he wasn't exactly trying to hide it, he had secretly hoped to confront his target.

Where in the hell was this guy going anyway? His movements became erratic, quicker even. What was a leisurely stroll, marching through the marketplace looking for odd treats had now become a game of cat and mouse. It quickly became evident that he knew he was being tailed, either that or this guy really was just crazy. Kaen was leaning more towards crazy up until the kid suddenly darted down an adjacent alleyway, disappearing from Kaen's sight. "Shit..." Kaen exhaled with annoyance heavy on his lips. The chase had officially started.

Kaen would dash in and out of the crowd as he tried to get to the alley the kid had turned down. There were too many people at this point, a rush-hour if you may. Audibly growling with frustration Kaen would leap through an open stall. With supernatural finesse, he would easily clear the stall, which was good because he would not have time to help that man pick up his cabbages had they fallen. It was within sight now, the alley. As Kaen skidded to a stop at the entrance he would see the kid scaling the wall with relative ease. It was clear now this was no ordinary mental case, no. He had the ability, skill even. From where he was not sure, he had never seen him before. Perhaps the Academy had ushered out a new set of genin, either way, he would find out.

"HEY!" Kaen would yell out to the now fleeing kid. "Get back here!" Kaen would waste no time and followed suit. The pink-haired youngster was nearly to the top of the wall, clawing his way to the rooftops. Kaen, being trained in the arts of the Anbu, would leap onto the adjacent wall and would push off to the other side of the alley. Channeling chakra through his body and into his feet Kaen would take off in a full sprint up the side of the building towards the pink-haired individual. It would only take a few seconds for him to reach the top. He could continue onward and upwards doing an unnecessary, but theatrical flip. Landing with ease in a classic ninja 3-point landing, Kaen would raise his head to glare at the boy who had been running away up until this point.

"In the name of our Kazekage, Lord Katsuo of the prestigious Sunahoshi clan, I order you to cease and desist. In this most unfortunate state the village is in, I simply cannot allow any sort of disruption or possible detriments to befall our village. Who are you, and where do you hail?" Kaen gave thoughts to simply bagging and tagging this kid, but that may cause more issues that he simply did not desire to deal with.

[OOC MFT]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
His eyes would glance behind him as he noticed the figure follow him up. It wouldn't be surprising, there were two different ways a tail could handle such a thing and it seemed the route was rather easy for him. It was nice, it seemed that the shinobi of Suna were alert. It was curious, why the quick judgment though. So on one hand, he assessed the shinobi positively. He did notice someone who was odd, even if admitting that would hurt his own feelings as he thought he was being friendly for an outsider, and on the other hand, wouldn't there have been more value to continued to tail him for a longer period of time?

He would sigh as if he was agitated mildly.

"In the name... blah, blah, blah... are you required to say that? Is that typical training protocol? That seems like a needlessly pointless exclamation, right? If I was an enemy, would I care? If was a Sunan, wouldn't I already know?"

It was a little perplexing the more he thought and talked about it, processing it himself. But there was still something that was bothering him more than that.

"Next, wouldn't it have been more shinobi-like... you are a shinobi, right? like they don't split you between the shinobi and warrior classes?... to tailed me further to see if I led to any actual clues or disruptive behavior? Now you have a person who... haggled a meat vendor? What is your next step? This village seems to be taking on an influx of people who wouldn't be considered Sunans in the wake of all that is happening... do you corner them all like this? What is being accomplished? And 'unfortunate'... if I was enemy why would you confirm that your military/base of operations is in bad shape, and if I was a refugee how are you comforting me by letting me know I have exited danger and entered an ill-equipped place of refuge!?"

He understood being on guard, and he also understood carrying an air of suspicion in a heightened stress time such as these, but what true crime did he commit to wide up on the radar? How did the shinobi of Suna select who they questioned and who they didn't? It was things like this that he was interested in learning more about, and whether Kaen knew it or not, he was about to serve as the representative for all Sunan shinobi.

"Sorry, didn't mean to be rude, but I forgot to answer your question."

He would clear his throat.

"I am Ryuzaki Raizo, heir and future Konungr of the Ryuzaki Clan. I guess I hail from the village of Sora, as that is the closest named location to our estates, but I would rather consider our clan as hailing from Wind Country. The Ryuzaki are one of the last true pure bloodlines of this country, much like your Sunahoshi... or well... hmmm... I guess that is a more complicated comparison now."

He would chuckle nervously as he would rub the back of his neck trying to backtrack out of that conversation as it seemed like it might have served as a touchy matter as it did with Sousuke. He wasn't sure if Sousuke was the best embodiment of the typical Sunan as he seemed to be more connected to a much more "involved" circle of influence. Yet, with the prestigious sounding introduction that this individual gave him, maybe all of the members of Sunan carried the same reverence for the Sunahoshi. That wouldn't be too confusing, they were the "Blessed Bloodline" after all.

"What's your name? Lovely sand today, huh?"

First impression = nailed it.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Surprising was an understatement in this case. A vacant look overtook the red-headed Sunan as he listened to Raizo speak. This boy was far more intelligent than he let on, compared to the earlier display of being deliberately obtuse. Color him impressed, he had Kaen fooled from the start. This individual was not wrong on nearly every account, however cheeky and surly his response was conveyed.

Kaen would crack a small smile as he cut the act and relaxed a bit. "Well shit... With all that monologuing how could I not think you were some super villain." With an exaggerated sigh Kaen would pull out a pack of smokes, first gesturing towards Raizo to see if he wanted one too. He was no kid, no, he was far more intelligent than any child would be. Or maybe he was a prodigy of some sort, either way Kaen didn't really care. Whether he accepted one or not Kaen would take one for himself and light it.

As he did so, Kaen would attempt to close the distance between he and Raizo. Not in an aggresive manner, but merely an attempt to not have to speak so loudly for him to hear him. Hopefully he wouldn't run and make Kaen have to work even harder, assuming he wouldn't Kaen would come to a stop approximately ten feet away from him, leaning up against the wall of the roof-access building... thing. "For the record though, we're not trained to say that crap. But you can bet I won't be saying it again." In truth, Kaen felt very silly saying all that, why now of all times did he decide to try out a different method. Kaen would take a long drag and exhaled a large plume of smoke. Cracking a smile he would continue. "But hey, it's better than the shoot now, ask later method I grew up on." Where the hell was he even going with this rambling?

"Moving forward, It's painfully obvious you're not an idiot. A cut above the rest you might say. With the ease that you scaled that wall, there's no doubt in my mind that you are trained in some fashion, which is what led to my hasty'ness in lieu of tailing you further. Perhaps that was a mistake, perhaps you might have evaded me had I done so. However embarrassing it was, I'm glad it happened the way it did. Otherwise I might not have had an opportunity to confront you..." With all this nonsensical spouting that was coming from Raizo before he stopped him Kaen had almost forgotten the reason he had started following him at all. The broken gift...

Originally I started following you because your ridiculous behavior caused me to drop, and break something important. Well... Important to me. But what's done is done, there are far larger fish to fry." Kaen would take the last drag of his cigarette before flicking it away. The butt would burst into flames and would fade away into ashes before it could land on the surface of the roof. An unintentional display of his powers, but it was better than littering. Pushing himself away from the relaxed posture he had taken against the wall, Kaen's demeanor would shift to a more serious one. "Tell me, 'Lord' Raizo... If you are who you say you are, why are you not working with the village? Surely someone of your caliber would be more useful in the field and not shopping for delicacies like some spoiled, palace raised, highborn." There was something left unsaid, but given how he responded the first time Kaen felt it unnecessary to reveal his identity at this time. No need to give this guy any more ammo than he already has.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Residential District as the name would suggest is a place where people would reside. This place is made up of various adobe apartment buildings and housing structures to accommodate those of all walks of life within the village. With the growing refugee population none of these buildings were exactly vacant. The building these two shinobi just climbed and stood on the roof of was an apartment which quite a few people lived in. One of the residence that lived on the top floor was Haku Ren who could hear the shinobi yelling at each other. Ren was practicing her puppetry with her one hand when suddenly someone outside shouts, “In the name of our Kazekage.” In her surprised her chakra strings snaps and her puppet falls to the ground lifeless. She stares up at the ceiling somewhat making out a few words here and there, but not grasping the whole thing.

Ren walks up the steps and ever so slightly opens the door to the roof. She peeks through the crack and sees a pink-haired individual. The man this person was talking to was out of Ren’s range of vision, but she could tell he was close. She hears the footsteps of the other man getting closer and closer. She nearly jumps when he leaned against the wall she was on the other side of. Kaen would likely would hear whispers coming from door. It sounded like the atere two girls behind the wall he was leaning on. “Oh, my goodness the scared me.” “Yeah, but I don’t think he noticed us.” “Keep your voice down he might hear us.” Soon there would be the sound of muffled coughing as Kean exhaled a large plume of smoke. Ren was far too young for cigarettes and even smoking second hand was a little bit more than she could handle.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Tell me, 'Lord' Raizo... If you are who you say you are, why are you not working with the village? Surely someone of your caliber would be more useful in the field and not shopping for delicacies like some spoiled, palace raised, highborn."

He would begin to laugh at this comment as he slapped his knee. It was a rather curious thing, life, and one that seemed to be made all the more interesting by a common belief in fate. This had to be a truly fated encounter and one that was going to always tickle him for at least the immediate future. His laughter would ring on a bit longer before he would finally start to regain his composure.

"Who is to say that I'm not working with the village?"
original.gif
He would say with a coy smirk before quirking his eyebrow in the direction of the coughing. It was an odd noise and seemed to be closer than what it should be, but he also wasn't entirely what sort of building he was on top of, so maybe it was someone's house or place of residence and they happened to be coughing. But it did seem oddly close.

"I would also say that if I was who I said I was, someone of that caliber, my use would not only be found on the battlefield but also in a different capacity... if I had to venture a guess, probably a General type role."

It would be at that time his expression would turn a bit more serious.

"So aside from targeting me for you breaking one of your own possessions, and having some veiled disdain for those you perceived as "highborn"... what is your story? Who are you? Got any aspirations? What's your dang name?"

I mean he had already asked once, so now it was no longer fair to say he was the one being rude as this shinobi seemed to be encroaching upon that territory himself.

Last edited:

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
How long had this been going on? Kasen had started to lose track of the timeline of when things seemed to be settled to the time that she couldn't remember even taking a simple break from helping the village against the raging attack from the fleet of hive mind zombies known as the swarm. Kasen was sat at a small table in the break room of the hospital, practically slumped over as she sifted through documents that were strewn before her with the scrawled writings of someone who had clearly not had enough sleep. She stood to get herself another cup of coffee when she heard a report chime in over her headset. Attention all medical shinobi: a large congregation of the swarm has been seen heading to a central location. We have orders to target as many as we can to prevent the accumulating strength. We need all medics with village teams to prevent further casualties. This is your central prerogative. Kasen stood up from the table. Her eyes seemed to harden into a more focused state, despite the obvious indication that she could still use some sleep. It seemed like there were always more and more of these creatures pouring out from anywhere and everywhere. She still had yet to really understand how they functioned, given that they all appeared to be made with different designs in mind. It was...unsettling to say the least. However, the orders had been given, and she needed to get out on the field now. As she grabbed a pack of things that she took with her when she was about to be placed on the field of battle, she thought to the second half of the message that indicated that she needed to find herself paired with a group to serve as the team cleric. Kasen wondered if Kaen had been informed yet. Tuning in to a frequency that she knew he should be able to hear, she relayed the message. "Kaen, this is Kasen. Lots of swarm could be headed your way, do you need assistance?" As she spoke, Kasen noticed that all she could hear was static. Something must be interfering with the headset units within a certain radius. Time to go bail your brother out and make sure the hot head is safe? Kasen sighed. "Yeah..." At least she had a general location for where he was going to be today. The blue haired woman headed quickly out the door and towards the residential district.

Making her way quickly down the streets of the housing district, Kasen noticed that despite the bustle of people that had been in the streets earlier, things had started to thin out and the crowds were few and far between. Since the message had gone out, and the flockings of the swarm could surely be seen through the village, Kasen imagined people had taken refuse inside their homes. In the distance, Kasen could finally make out the shape of what looked like her brother, standing next so someone who looked vaguely familiar to her. Kasen slowed her steps, letting herself focus on the figure beside her brother. "He looks like...what a minute..." Kasen placed a finger against her lips as her brows narrowed down in a thinking expression. Why did he look so familiar? She knew she had seen him before. A few more minutes passed before recognition flooded Kasen's face and her eyes grew wide. "It's HIM." An image immediately filled her head as she recalled a time when she was younger. She had been standing on a beach, enjoying the company of one of her shark friends when a young man with rose colored hair approached her. He was loud and seemed to not understand the workings of the water. Kasen, being who she was, and whom she was tied to, had casually pet the shark that was in the waters. It was a sort of companion to her after all because of her ties with Same. However, the young boy did not understand, nor did it appear that he had the same respect for the creature seeing as he saw the shark as some sort of "toy" by calling it a boat. It was as if he wasn't even sure what a shark was. And yet, despite what Kasen had been saying, the boy had the brilliant idea to also try and pet the shark, thus ending terribly as one might imagine.

Kasen's eyes narrowed, suddenly an aura around her flared up. Kasen was rarely ever angry, in fact, she always kept her temper in check and was often quite relaxed. She correlated some of her typical mood to the side effects of being a vessel of the ocean. However, in this moment, she could only feel fury at the flashback that was flooding her mind. Kasen took off at fast sprint, closing the distance quickly between herself and the rose haired man. As she got closer, she was sure it was him.
source.gif
"You......IDIOT!" Kasen fist was drawn back and poised. Finally, before anyone else could react, most likely to Kaen's horror, Kasen's fist would make contact with the other man's face. However, Kasen didn't stop there. The water court hybrid quickly, grabbed the man's shirt tightly with both her hands and started to shake him. "What kind of MORON first tries to pet a shark with BLOOD in the water and then, oh, THEN tries to stick his head inside of its mouth while holding it open. Did you have some kind of death wish all those years ago? Respect the ocean damn it, or I'll see to it that you're swimming with the fishes permanently. I mean the actual nerve! Fish are friends, not toys for shinobi! Do you understand?" Kasen, having snarled at the other man, her sharp teeth mere inches from the man's face, finally let him go. Now, perhaps she would not have taken such an aggressive approach, but as she could recall, the man was basically impervious to pain. He didn't even flinch when his arm nearly got chewed off by said shark that she had been talking about. Logically, it only made sense that she could get her point across without actually injuring the man whom she still did not know the name of.

Turning to Kaen, after brushing off some of her own clothes, having kicked up quite a bit of dust, Kasen took a deep inhale before allowing herself to exhale it. She felt herself start to calm down, though some of the anger from the flashback still lingered. Perhaps he did not remember the incident quite as well as she did but it was him alright. There was no mistaking that face. "Hello, Kaen, I'm glad I found you. Sorry for this incident, did you have business with him too? He's very loud, and doesn't respect the fauna here. Anyway, there's a massive swarm that's gaining numbers. We've been tasked to eliminate as many as we can to try and slow them down. Shall we take care of that?" Kasen's blue eyes slid over to the man with the rose colored hair once more. "You can help too."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A subtle noise seemed to have come from the otherside of the wall Kaen had previously been leaning against. Had Raizo not exploded into laughter as he did Kaen might very well have fully heard the noise. But this guy was incredibly distracting and Kaen's focus was pulled back towards Raizo. The conversation continued on and the peeping tom was put on the back burner for now.

As far as different capacities went, Kaen understood that many people possessed many talents. Perhaps he was too quick to judge this character, perhaps he was too harsh and abrupt in his apprehension of this 'target'. Kaen would relax a little more and come to terms with the situation. It wasn't often he would admit that he was wrong, but thanks to the teachings of his calm and collected sister, Kasen, he's been slowly learning that not everyone is out to get you and not everyone should be treated like fodder until proven otherwise. And my proven otherwise, he means going toe to toe with him. It's a survival of the fittest world out there, life was a game and he aimed to win it. Respect was most easily garnered through battle with him. Hold your own, or in the most unlikely case of besting him, was a surefire way of earning it.

"It's not so much a disdain towards that type really, just a generalized disposition towards people I don't know well. I... apologize for my brashness. As for who I am, my name is Shi--." Suddenly Kaen was cut off in mid-sentence as he felt the sudden presence of something scary and powerful. Was it an incoming attack, had the Unbent come with their elites?! And then everything came unhinged...

"You......IDIOT!" Pressure, immense pressure came crashing down upon him as the full force of, what could only be, his sister's unfiltered presence. Had he not been what he was, surely he would be gasping for air in this briefest of moments. But this sudden appearance wasn't even really a surprise, or at least it wasn't compared to what transpired after...

In truth he wanted to do something, anything to prevent it. But he was too taken aback by the entire situation that he had no time to react anyway. But would he want to prevent it though...? A sickening sound of hardened flesh meeting... Raizo's face echoed across the rooftops in a most uncomfortable and awkward way. But it did not stop there, no. Without skipping a beat his sister continued her assault as she quite nearly shook the very brains from his skull.

"What kind of MORON first tries to pet a shark with BLOOD in the water and then, oh, THEN tries to stick his head inside of its mouth while holding it open. Did you have some kind of death wish all those years ago? Respect the ocean damn it, or I'll see to it that you're swimming with the fishes permanently. I mean the actual nerve! Fish are friends, not toys for shinobi! Do you understand?" Honestly, Kaen wasn't sure if the guy understood anything at this point. Kaen himself might not have gotten up with a surprise attack like that @_@.

From zero to a hundred and then scaling back to about a breezy 15, Kasen would casually turn to her older brother and carry on with her purpose. In a daze of sorts, his attention clearly more focused on the condition of this Raizo, he would slowly raise a finger in protest. With a shocked look on his face he would think;
'This is not going to help my cause Kasen!!' Kaen would try to listen as best he could while still trying to keep composure despite what just transpired. But the moment would not last long once he heard the word, swarm. "Wait, you mean the Unbent?!" His focus quickly focused to a more serious approach, his eyes would lock onto his sister's. This was serious if there were Unbent nearby. He had dealt with them up close and personal and they were nothing to scoff at should they amass great numbers. He would look past his sister to Raizo. "Now's your chance, kid." Ooops >_> "You ever faced off against the swarm? If you're willing and capable, would you care to join us? I'd like to see how the future heir of the Ryuzaki clan holds his own when his village is on the line." He would pause a moment before realizing he had still failed to yield his name. Stepping over he would hold his hand up, either to assist Raizo up, or an attempt to shake his hand, or both. "Oh, the name's Kaen, and this here is my sister Kasen. But it would appear you two already know each other? Anyway, we're the Shinku siblings, it's nice to meet you, Raizo!" Strike a pose with Kasen? No... that would be ridiculous, or would it (thinking face)

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kaen did notice Ren, but did not act on it which allows her to stay hidden for now. She continues to observe what was going on outside when Kaen stopped mid-sentence. Ren could see what was happening before her. Her mind was racing to the point that time seem to be slowing down. She felt like she was watching the punch in slow motion and yet she could not make it there in time to do anything to stop the attack. However she could do something after the punch and she begins to focus chakra into entering her Feral Shift. She hones her spirit animal’s attributes to the point where they begin to blur the line between human and object. It was a state of body and mind that Ren was far too familiar with. A few years ago Ren sold herself into slavery, so that her mother could afford the medicine she needs to live. As a slave she was technically human, but she was treated as property.

Ren flings open the door and sprints out onto the rooftop. Chakra was gathering round her neck glowing with a brilliant light. Once the circle of chakra was complete the condense chakra seems to turn into metal. Ren was now wearing a collar like those you see on slaves. Rushing to Razio, she begins treatment. True she had no knowledge of medical jutsu, but in this state she had other tricks up her sleeves. Sitting seiza style next to the pink hair man, she takes his head and places it on her lap. Being so much smaller than the man her lap was a little on the small side for this but it was enough. Water forms in her eyes and she weeps. Tears ran down her face and drips onto Raizo. These droplets weird no ordinary tears as when they came in contact with the man’s face they had the effects of a med-kit. “You alright?” She asks softly.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was odd. This place was odd. These people, seemed to be odd. He could not rationalize a situation where someone would enter their estates and be treated in a similar fashion. He was a welcomed guest by the Steward, and if he had welcomed someone into his home he would be mortified if his family had treated them in the same manner as he had been treated. Yet, this was not his home. Not yet.

The punch would strike him and cause his head to turn with the force of the punch but he would stay standing. It would not be the first time he was punched, nor would it be the last time. Heck, it wasn't even the first time he had been blindsided by a punch. Taking a punch, for him, was not a big issue. There would be a sensation that would sear throughout his mouth as something would dislodge, a tiny bit of something, and begin to float around on his tongue.

Well, he packed a bit on that wallop.

As the figure would grip his collar, he would spit out a portion of collected blood and a small chipped shard of a tooth. It would be at this time he would actually turn his attention to the person who was now pulling him in close to accost him further. His eyes, the eyes of a caged animal ready to be unleashed, would merely glare into the eyes of his attacker...and for a moment his expression would change to that of confusion.

Who the fuck is this... woman?!

He would let her vent, let her express her grievances towards him, someone she didn't actually know and he wouldn't say a word. No, he would just continue to coldly glare at her. He was not honor-bound to not hit a woman, not that he would just do so randomly as this woman had done to him, but within his clan women could be and often were just as capable warriors as men. There wasn't a gender normed placement in their structure, at least not at the very baseline of its practice, so him fighting a woman would not be some big no-no. He just didn't understand this fight, which made it meaningless. Fighting was pure, this was not.

"Now's your chance, kid."

Age-wise, there didn't seem to be much of a difference between the two of them, at least not from Raizo's perspective. Height-wise, he was the tallest of everyone present, from his vantage point. Including the little girl approaching him in a metal collar.

Little girl approaching me in a metal collar...

His eyebrow would raise as he would turn to the girl, who seemed ready to burst out with tears at any moment.

"Oy, oy , oy... no need to fret. It was a sucker punch, I've taken way worse than that."

He would smile to the concerned little girl, the only truly genuinely helpful person he had met in this village outside of Sousuke. It was nice to know that there was a point, apparently a very young age, that people within this village were still rational and sane.

"I truly appreciate the concern. Thank you for your help."

Did she physically help him, no, but she was a nice reminder that there was seemingly some good within this village. His eyes would then turn back to the other two, the man holding his hand out to him as if to shake hands. The thought of shaking the man's hand, who seemed to be in cahoots with the crazy woman was laughable. The audacity of the two of them was as much funny as it was terrifying. He would listen to their names but would hold up his hand as if to stop both of them.

"If you two are current examples of this village's shinobi, then I don't think it is my merit that is in question. In fact, whoever the hell the two of you are..."

He would look back at the young woman and allow the pause to grow pregnant. What he wanted to say would be stifled, out of sheer respect for the tiny human. However, it was shameful sight to see. Was this result of the Sunahoshi disappearing or was the Sunahoshi lazy in his cultivating of this village's warriors. It would be something he would need to work on as he continued in his most recently appointed position.

"You two aren't needed. You can continue your pastime of accosting strangers for your own messed up reasons... I will be more than enough to handle this matter."

He would pause for a moment at the ledge of the rooftop.

"I am the interim Kazekage, after all."

And with that, he would be off.

Damn... should have told them to enjoy the lovely sand!

He was learning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Topic left, and I will wait for the mission thread. I will have to tag along with you two as Raizo does not actually know where to go, so I already have my first post idea prepped to make this all make sense when the time comes.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Things seemed to be quickly spiraling out of control. First the unfortunate fate of the package, and then Kaen's poor decision to follow Raizo in the first place. Clearly he had not thought things through very well as he decided to 'catch' the guy too soon instead of tailing him further. He made a fool of himself with that ridiculous speech, personal note to not try that again. What's worse is before he could try and scrape together an apology that Kaen would not have regularly given out to begin with, Kasen entered the fray and cold clocked the guy and tried to make scrambled eggs out of his brains. All in all, today was turning out to be quite the shit show.

What's more, there was a child that had been listening in the entire time. Today seriously was not his day. You might think Kaen would have been surprised by the girl bursting out from her hiding place to Raizo's rescue, but he was still in shock from the experience in general. Raizo would hold up a hand as if to stop him from continuing with his impromptu introduction and lay down a verbal smack down. "If you two are current examples of this village's shinobi, then I don't think it is my merit that is in question. In fact, whoever the hell the two of you are..." Kaen was shocked, offended really. To think he would imply that Kaen's reputation was in question at all was not something he thought would be a problem. "You two aren't needed. You can continue your pastime of accosting strangers for your own messed up reasons... I will be more than enough to handle this matter." What do you even say to that? One the one hand you can look at this is one big misunderstanding gone horribly wrong, on the other... who does this guy think he is?

"I am the interim Kazekage, after all."

And with those parting words Raizo would jump off the roof and disappeared from sight. Was he intending on taking on the swarms himself? And what the hell does he mean interim Kazekage? Last Kaen heard Lord Sousuke was in charge in the current Kage's absence. Being Anbu he thought he might have caught wind of a successor and not hearing it straight from the horses mouth. Kaen watched him jump away for a moment before turning to his sister. "What was that about? What did that guy even do to you?" Kaen would listen to her response before he continued; "Well... I wouldn't worry too much about the kage thing, from what I can tell the guy was pretty strange. Going around asking how the sand was fairing and calling everyone Sunans. There's no way that guy is the next kage..." Kaen would pause a moment still kinda trying to make sense of all this. "But he did also claim to be the heir to the Ryuzaki clan, from Sora. Honestly I've never heard of them before, have you?" It really was a shame that neither of them were formally raised or taught within the academy system in Sunagakure. Had the two not shown up on Sand's doorsteps at the young age of 18, Kasen was a few years younger than that at the time, they might have a better knowledge of the people of the land. Should he take the time to brush up on his lore? Probably, but will he? Not unless his Kage ordered it, or perhaps if Tenken told him too.

Not that he was intentionally trying to discount the presence of the young girl or anything, it was just the circumstances and random happenstances that had taken place on this unlucky rooftop. Kaen would look over to the girl who had been crying over the injury of their supposed Kazekage successor."It's not safe right now. It would probably be best for you to run on home before any of those scary Unbent climbed over the wall" Well that was rough, to say the least. Kaen was not exactly skilled with talking to children, he sometimes struggled with what to say and often times it came out blunt and callous.

Trying his best to regain whatever kind of composure he might have had before all this, Kaen would turn to Kasen once more with determination in his eyes. "For real though, I'm sorry I didn't hear the announcement. It's very unlike me to be so careless. We should hurry and see where they may need us. Stick with me, Kasen, if it's as bad as it sounds I would appreciate your help." Kaen would smile and reveal his sharpened teeth. They were the same that she possessed, a sure-fire way to point these two out in a crowd, aside from their hair color anyway... Kaen would also step to the ledge and take off towards their intended destination.

[OOC topic left]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The rose hair colored man before her was an enigma, that was for sure. It seemed since last she met him, his blissful personality, one that was mostly full of joy and disregard for common sense practices was nowhere to be seen. Instead, his eyes glared into her with the fury of a thousand suns. Kasen felt her own ire flicker in response. She didn't normally have such aggression towards people, let alone someone she had just met, but something about this person in particular seemed to get under her skin like an itch she couldn't scratch. Same though seemed to also ponder at why Kasen was so gravely hostile. Perhaps you have been misguided. Normally, I could understand the need for such things as you were angry in response to the disrespect of my kin, but violence only spreads violence, as I have all too well learned. An apology may be necessary in this case. Kasen sighed. If Same was even telling her that she was in the wrong then from an outward perspective, she most likely was. Kasen rubbed the back of her head in mild embarrassment as she watched the child try to aid the man. He looked between her and Kaen, a seething rage burned behind each word that he spoke. Kasen's eyes widened when he mentioned that he was the interim Kage. Was this the Sousuke that everyone had talked about? No, it couldn't be. Though she had not met him, she had heard of his metallic visage. This was not him. Then...who? It seemed she was lacking information. This surprised the Oracle.

As the man left, Kasen turned to her brother. For doing something that seemed so out of character, it was only right that he be inquisitive. "Several years ago...he, um, stuck a hand in a sharks mouth to play with it. It, uh, bit him, so he kind of seized control of it's mind. I didn't appreciate it. That was also when...my urges, were not easily controlled and I almost killed a lot of people." Kasen rubbed her hands together awkwardly. Perhaps her reaction really had been too much. Kaen didn't allow for her mind to wander much further though as he mentioned the man's name. A loud audible gasp could be heard from Kasen. "Ryuzaki? But...but....oh shit, I punched one of my nephews. I have to fix this immediately." Kasen facepalmed herself. This was a disaster! She was normally so level headed and this of all things was going to undo all of that reputation she had earned as a kindhearted healer. Giving another deep sigh of regret, Kasen nodded in response to her brothers wise words and waved to the young child. "Stay safe." Shortly thereafter, Kasen took off after her brother.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back