Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Over a Drink....

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi wandered through the streets of the village, he had a lot on his mind recently, with everything that had been happening he had to have a conversation that was best kept on the down low for most parts. Plain black ANBU robes fluttered around him as the plain white mask kept his face hidden, mainly to not keep forcing him to stop and have conversations with people, no this time he wanted to actually be unseen around the town. It was strange for him to feel like he was back to his roots, afterall he knew full well that people would try to strike up a conversation if his face was revealed.

As the streets twisted and turned, groups walked past, he couldn't help but smile, the village felt safe, it felt secure as it could be, how long would this state last was a different matter. Finally, he found himself staring at the doorway, one that he had not touched in so long, he let his hand come out and open the door before stepping in, it was well before the opening time of this bar, glancing around not much had changed, it was almost nostalgic to be in this place. Almost being the keyword.

"I am here to see Uchiha Asuka, official business."

The mask modulated his voice to make it sounds so much different from normal, but that was all part of the ANBU disguise. He had his back to the door as he waited for a reply, the door was unlocked and someone was home, as he allowed himself a few seconds, he turned the bolts and locked the door to make sure this conversation was not interrupted, and of course, this was a conversation between two family members. Takeshi had come here, could it be said for his own redemption, his own vain attempt to feel better about himself? No, it was so much more than that, it ran so much deeper to the very core of both of them. This had been a long time coming.

[Topic Entered]
[Requesting Uchiha Asuka]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she lined up the bottles with millimeters of precision from each other. Seeming as though all of them took hours to place.. But thanks to her history, being precise wasn't exactly hard for her. With that she took a step back to admire her work. Looking around the bar, the familiarity of it made her give out a warm smile. The memories here alone made keeping the place maintained worth it. Giving a stretch she took out a glass and poured herself a drink from a bottle under the counter. Just to enjoy the moment. It wasn't opening time any time soon but it was one of the perks on owning the place.

Hearing the door open she gave it a glance. She didn't recognize the ANBU member who was standing there but his words made her cringe. Official Business? This soon? What was she being accused of now. The Santaru Estate? No, Soku would've come here and zapped her herself. Besides, they weren't in speaking terms much. Takeshi? Maybe this was the letter with the official orders. Yeah that was probably it. The lock on the door made her change her mind though. THAT was unusual to say the least. So this wasn't the normal type of business call. She didn't sense anyone else. Huh, so he was an idiot. "Wouldn't recommend locking yourself in here." She said as she took a sip from her drink. "We're not open for a few hours and I'm not exactly in the mood to serve random wannabees. Who knows, maybe I'll rip your arms out, deep fry em and feed them to my buddies in the forest of death. They are always hungry." Taking another sip she giggled. "So if you could walk yourself out I would really appreciate it."

[Topic Entered]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Listening to Asuka he allowed a smirk to cross his face listening to her speaking so blatantly about injuring another Shinobi of the village, after the conversation that they had just had. Leaving the door locked he spun around on his heel to face her. She was still an S-Rank inside of the village and had the abilities that came back with that, but after all, she really had no clue who she was actually addressing, so couldn't blame her for her attitude given the dressing down since their last conversation that they had. As he shifted further towards the bar, taking slow footsteps.

"You know, those threats actually require you to back them up, since our last conversation I am pretty sure you wouldn't attempt to do that?"

The voice still modulated, as he allowed his hand to come up from the robe, gripping the corner he ripped it free revealing the normal Konoha Shinobi gear that was under it. Before he finally reached up and pulled the mask off, revealing the Sharingan that looked towards Asuka, as well as the face of the Hokage that the mask hid under it. As he allowed a grin to come to his lips watching her.

"I came here, on my own, away from anyone else to talk, so if you want to have that talk, we can. Or if you want me to turn on my heels and leave this bar I will. But what happens now and what I say to you will never leave this room Asuka, know that before we begin this conversation, however, if you want to chat, I will take a glass of that on the rocks."

Pointing at the very top shelf whiskey that was rarely touched, it seemed that the dust on the bottle also showed how much of it was drunk normally.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Back them up." Asuka repeated shaking her head. The audacity on this individual was outstanding. He clearly knew who she was and he had the nerve to say she couldn't back it up? In reality she couldn't, her chakra had been all out of wack recently so maybe not buuutttttt he didn{t need to know that. Besides, he talked as if they had met before and she couldn't remember. Was this really all that was? An intimidation tactic? She gave a sigh. "If I did a prank on you or something I ain't gonna apologize, it's been a while an-."

She stopped as she turned around, seeing the face of her mentor she simply gave a pout. "You could've walked in without the whole disguise. Not like anyone is going to stop you Locking the door made me want to kick your ass right there and then." She gave a smile as she listened to his words. Well, this sounded serious. She knew she wasn't gonna die cause this interaction would've started a whole other way. She couldn't figure out what would the meaning for this would be. Taking out another glass she scoffed. "Drink? From this shitty thing?" Throwing the contents from her glass into the sink she shook her head. "Talk about what? Sand? I'm just waiting for Nanjirou to send me the details and I'll get on it. Not nervoud just not a fan of the company if I'm being honest." Walking to the back of the room and looking over the inventory. Where was it? Looking for a few moment her eyes locked into a bottle. The glass seemed to shine as the light hit it, fancy looking, corcked. Going back to the counter she placed it on the table. Hibiki 21 "It's not every day I get the Hokage to darken my doorstep." She giggled placing an ice cube in each of the glasses, Asuka grabbing a new one of course, as she slowly poured a drink in each of their glasses. "So what's up? Has Sensei finally decide to re-decorate based upon my taste?"

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Well, how to put this politely, with everything that has transpired in this world. I will probably be dead within the year. Killed either inside of these walls or outside defending the gates, either way, the probability is too high to ignore I believe."

He walked over to the bar pulling out one of the seats, the place was well-kept enough that he didn't bother dusting it down or anything. Instead, he allowed himself to take a seat and pick up the glass, swirling the content of the liquid that was inside he downed it without thinking too much as he let out a small smile towards Asuka.

"You know some people will go their life pretending not to have regrets, hell even some will say they did everything right, without any hesitation or issues, they made the right calls every time. Those people are cowards, they cannot face the possibility they coked it up somewhere along the lines you know?"

He gently placed the glass across the bar to request a refill as he pondered the wording of what he was saying, he had to make sure it was on point. After all, he was talking to probably one of two people alive who could actually understand what it was like to be at the top.

"I was probably one of those people for a long time Asuka, but you know my biggest regret, I took you in, I trained you, I forced you into leadership early, and demanded more of you. I never actually got what I wanted from our relationship. A daughter. I am truly sorry you never had the attention or love that I wanted to give you during all our years together."

He waited for the drink to be filled, his heart felt heavy at the realizations he had come to make recently, after all, he knew full well that he may have already burned that bridge with their last meeting.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Isn't that how we always live? Running back and forth between life and death." She gave a sigh. So it was going to be one of this conversations. "Don't sell yourself short, you've made it this far. I try not to think about the future, gets me depressed." SHe giggled, taking a sip form her drink. It was cool and refreshing. A bit early but it seemed as though the cinversation required it.

His next words made her usual smile dissapear. Where was he going with this? Regrets? Him? Well that was new. Was this some sort of mid life crisis or somethng? She had never heard him talk like this before. "Fucking up is how we learn. Regrets are just an unfrotunate side effect of that." She gave a smile. "But it's how we become who we are. Those who don't are not only cowards but idiots." She shook her head as she took chuged it down as well. Pouring another drink to Takeshi and herself.

His next words almost made her drop the bottle. With her reflexes she was able to set it at the table as she stared at him. Was she hering him right? This had to be a joke. Her eyes started to tear up as he continued. How was she supposed to hate him if he said stuff like that? As he stopped there were moments of silence that become longer and longer. Chugging down her drink she poured herself another. Looking over at him once more she leaned forward, and raised her hand... smakcing him across the face. Her mouth being wide when there was no poof of smoke. "God damn it you're real." She sighed as he leaned down. Getting control over herself. The girl was kicking that's for sure. Cleaning her teary eyed. She couldn't keep it from him anymore. Th... this wasn't for her. It was for Asuka. With a sigh she looked up. "I've been waiting to hear those words for the longest time. Was always a weight around my shoulders." She gave a short laugh "It's what I've been telling Asuka all this time." Scratching the back of her head she sighed. "Wish Asuka was here to listen to this. Living up to expectations, being the fragile little flower she's always been, has always been one of biggest and longest arguments we{ve had. Sorry Takeshi, I really am but... I'm not Asuka." She said with a slight smile.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The slap caught him off guard, rocking him slightly on the stand, it stung at least as he rocked in the stool for a few moments before being able to get his balance back to make sure that he did not fall from the chair completely. He allowed a small ouch to escape his lip as his hand came and ran across the injured cheek for a few moments.

"You know you could have just pinched or something? Would have hurt less I guess..."

Takeshi smiled as he listened to the words being spoken in those few seconds, it was clear that he was already too late, as he smiled and nodded slightly as he finished the drink and nodded to himself, hauling his body up from the chair in those few seconds he looked old, older than most had seen him, the true weight of the Hokage robes showing their colors for once. As the head of the Uchiha Clan looked weak.

Reaching into his pocket he placed cash on the table before turning toward the door and heading towards it, he had nothing more to say, the shell was just that a shell of a being, and not one he wanted to interact with, it was clear he had come here for nothing, and that was ok with him. After all redemption was not always for everyone and it seemed Takeshi was one that could not seek that anymore.

"Make sure you do your duty in Sand, get the job done, and come home."

With that, he opened the door and stepped out.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
That was it? Just say sorry and leave? Well that was indeed something that didn't fit well for her. She knew she wasn't the person he wanted to talk with but she had been there for the same times and felt a lot of the same things but just because Asuka didn't say anything didn't mean she didn't feel them too. Before he walked out Asuka attached a chakra string to the door. Slamming it shut. "You drop a bombshell like that I, for once in my exsistence, admit to being someone else and you leave?" She spoke a bit annoyed. "What? You think since I'm not the happy go lucky Asuka I don't feel anything? Just a husk waiting to be replaced by the 'original'?" Taking a deep breath Asuka tried to calm down. "That I have't been there? Or seen what she has seen? Done what she has done? Talking about regret and acountability." Shaken her head she poured herself and Takeshi's glass another drink. "But as soon as things don't go as planned you bail? Really? She's still in here y'know."

She tapped her head a couple of times. "She lost her daughter and you know how emtional fragile she is. The hell did you think was gonna happen when she got chewed upon by you and then basically told that her last family member would kill her for somethign she didn't even do." She gave a sigh " And I'm the one that has to deal with the aftermath. pick up the pieces and fix the brat... time and time again this has happened based upon the bullshit she goes through, yet I'm seen as a husk and a nobody because I'm not in the center stage. Very convenient. How do you think it feels getting your entire exsistence denied because you try and help someone be happy" SHe pointed to the chair in front of her again. "We ain't done here." She took another sip. She knew she couldn't stop him but this was more for her finally getting fed up for people thinkign she was a lesser "version" of the firecracker.

(Stopped)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi turned on his heels at the voice, he allowed himself to sigh slightly as he listened to the voice speaking, the issue here was that this person was not what they said they were, fine they wanted to play games then he would indulge them, as he allowed his eyes to snap open the Mangekyo Sharingan coming into life as he felt the chakra continue to pump around his body. Turning around his eyes locked with Asuka, in that instant, it was already a mistake as his eyes locked they shifted from the bar, instead, they found themselves standing just in a cold white space, nothing else in there but the two of them.

"Well then, let's have a conversation with both of you shall we, it wouldn't be fair if you both were not here to talk to at the same time."

This was his domain, as the head of the Clan he would have this talk, after all, they wanted to air everything out. As Asuka would look around, she would see the exact same of herself, well the other half of her that she said was locked away, both in the same place as Takeshi. This was draining on even him to maintain this technique, but he felt that the conversation would be better had from all three of them instead of just one.

"If you believe that you are two different people, you are wrong, but the truth is I feel each time we meet, I know you less and less, you have not had it easy, no one ever does, the loss is hard, its torture in some cases, but breaking down, running will never be the solution Asuka.

[Tsukiyomi used]
[EMS Activated]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka made the big mistake of locking eyes with him as soon as the room changed almost in an instant. Looking aroudn she recognized what had happened. "You prick." She gave a short laugh. "This is your solution.... god, you can be dumb sometimes." She finally locked eyes on Asuka, broken. All that could be recognized was the humanoid form, same height. Same overall build. Covered in some kind of black smoke, moving up and down her body. Pinching her nose Asuka lowered her arms in defeat. "Should've just kept my mouth shut. Really." AN annoyed look on her face she sighed "You think she ran away? She broke. It's not the same thing. One is easy to fix since all you need is to pull her out from wherever she decides to hide. The other is harder since it's a grabbing pieces of a mind and trying to stick them together with duct tape." PInching her nose once more.

"And your solution is to imprison us in a Genjutsu? Thinking I'm some sort of husk? A mirrage just taking Asuka's place until she recovers? Thanks to me being there she's still kicking. " She said pointing to the black creature "THAT is what's left of her. A literal shadow of her former self. She can't even communicate properly. But apparently you're the guy for the job. See, this is why I don't like you people. Always thinking there's a meaning underneath, a hidden meaning. Answer is slapping you in the face yet you can't see it. It's not complicated. Really, it isn't. Just stop thinking for a second and just look." Lowering her arms she sighed loudly. "You do know Asuka. The brat is childish, immature and is the definition of walking happiness." Stopping for a few moments she took a deep breath. She was getting off topic. "We can literally drop meteors from the sky, communicate with the dead, manipulate time... but two individuals in one body is THAT unbeliveable? It's like the obvious flies right past you. Genuienly."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi stood there watching for a few moments, as he allowed himself a few moments to take in the situation, as he knew that outside of this world, they stood just there looking at each other, inside of here though it was his terrain to control, his domain and he would make sure that he did just that. With a shift of thought a cherry tree appeared, the lake appeared and the clan house around the two of them as they stood there looking at each other. Takeshi walked over to the seating under the tree and took a seat down on the floor, gesturing to Asuka to do the same.

"I find the outside world to be something troublesome sometimes, so let us sit and talk, if you have been here all the time you know exactly what we have both been through and the significance of this place. So before I send you to Sand, I need to feel confident that you indeed are capable"

As he gestured a pot of tea and three cups appeared, and the other Asuka was free to stand there or join, or do whatever she wanted really there was no escaping this reality that he had created for all of them.

"A split personality is something that one should not consider lightly, it can rip at our very core, and unbalance everything, that is the issue with the situation, is the balance that is there may not be one that can be maintained."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The scene was overly familiar. The grounds at the main clan house. As Takeshi spoke it became clear he wanted to get in common ground. At least he wasn't denying her individuality anymore so that was a start. Broken Asuka didn't move from the spot. With a sigh Asuka walked over and sat down with Takeshi. At least the feeling of the place was similar enough to be peaceful. Allright, diplomatic talk it was. "Diplomacy is needed. Believe me I'm fairly capable of doing so, kind of like a second nature. Been pretending to be her for a while. No one caught on... well.. almost no one." She shrugged.

As she gently grabbed the kettle Asuka gently turned it as she started pouring tea into two of the cups. She tilted her head slightly as she was called a split. She hated that, as if she was second place. But, she would let it go. No need for pointless arguments. "There is never perfect balance." She stated. Taking a sip from her tea. "You are a good example if we're being honest. I never liked you. Shooting Asuka through the stars like a meteor while she wasn't ready. Expecting things of her that she clearly couldn't do. That kind of stuff. Asuka on the other hand thought of you as someone who had given her a place to call home." She shrugged "My job was always to protect her so I went with it since it gave her the tools to defend herself with. I ended up being able to tolerate you." She joked with a giggle as she took another sip.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi picked up the tea and tipped his head in thanks as he allowed himself to take a mouthful, perfect temperature, perfect flavor this was the gift that came with the Tsukiyomi, even if it was the mental strain on the body that was crushing him to maintain this for a long period of time, that was the beauty of it, time was just another thing to be controlled in this realm.

"You may never have liked me, but I did what was needed at the time. Asuka may have not been ready, but she was needed, we can never be ready, look at me, I came back and wasn't ready and wasn't prepared. Here I am right now serving the village again, and it will be the death of me, I suppose for someone like me only in death does duty end."

He sipped the tea as he listened to the second part he nodded slowly and laughed at the term tolerate, it was such a pathetic word in his eyes, but he didn't want to give that away no he was trying to find common ground and he needed to have a conversation not just cut the girl off from speaking.

"Asuka had a lot on her shoulders, I should have prepared her for loss, it's one of the things that everyone will have to face, but of course I always believed that showing any face or any emotion was a weakness as a Hokage, I was wrong of course, while we should be the pillar that keeps everything aloft, we do need friends and family around to hold us straight, but the thing with getting older, you realize these things after a while, to say the least after you can usually do anything about them. Its a shame how that all worked out really."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sipping her tea Asuka couldn't deny the enjoyment she found on the moment. The peacefulness that this place had. It wasn't something that could be overlooked. Maybe this could be a turning point. Getting common ground. Taking another sip of her tea she sighed happily. "Spear me the tear works." She said "Our line of work expects death at an early age. It was your choice to come back. If you had decided to stay retired someone else would've taken over. Your sense of duty was bigger than your selfishness hence this conversation." She gave a slight smile as she took another sip.

She knew Takeshi was trying to figure her out. Not really trusting her. Trying to find out whether she would be a threat or an asset. Which in all honesty she wouldn't be any of that. Giving a slight glance at broken Asuka she just reminded herself that she had a lot more work to do and having distractions would just waste her time. "There's no real way you can prepare for loss." Took another sip. "If you want to place blame it should be on me. I protected her from the loss of those she thought of as close before, I failed now.. She doesn't run away from the face of death, those that she considers close though... she's a lot more fragile than people think." She sighed. "Yukio vanishing, you retiring. The missing at the gates. Kairi dying. Her meeting with you. Soku promising to kill her. It all came on such a short timespan that it just made her that." She gestured to Broken Asuka turning back and giving a sip of her tea. "It wasn't your fault."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sipped from his tea, as he listened to this version of Asuka speaking, though he couldn't help but allow his face to show annoyance at the wording it was making. It seemed that while it kept stating it saved the other Asuka, really was that saving if life was going to be in that state? Could one consider that a life that they were going to be happy with? As he pondered this for a few moments, instead he decided to allow this to slip from his mind for now, as he continued to listen to the conversation.

"Indeed, well we will see what the future holds then, until then and until I am happy with the situation, all your missions will have a babysitter, after all, I wouldn't want any more slip-ups to happen, and of course if this is the state that you come out of mentally and have what shall we call it? Split personalities, then we cannot keep the same course as before, I will debate about things while you are gone to Suna, until then just make sure you stay out of trouble, I would hate to get a call because you have done something out of turn"

With that the illusion ended leaving both of them standing in the bar for a few moments, Takeshi pondered the situation but left the silence to linger between them before finally speaking.

"Am I missing anything?"

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka shrugged. She figured something like this was going to happen. He still didn't trust her. Which was a bit insulting but nothing really out of the ordinary. She really couldn't expect anything else from an idiot. Well, in that case everyone was an idiot. Thinking of her as the lesser part of two. It was a bit funny though. If only they knew. Or just... asked.

"Calling me a split is a bit insulting." She said with a slight smile. "I think your subconcious would feel a bit insulted if it was called a split. That being said I understand the need for a babysitter. But anyway, we can keep the same course as before. I'm not any different from Asuka. Actually, I would consider myself the more diplomatic one of the two. So, you got nothing to worry about. I'll come back with either a better deal or the same one as before. It's also in their interest as well as ours. Would be dumb not to accept it."

As they went back to the Bar Asuka took a sip from her drink. "Actually yes. Who's my babysitter this time?"

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed his hand to open the door as he listened to the words, as always they would be going around in circles with this conversation, it was clear that he expected actions to show that Asuka was back on the straight and narrow without them, no matter which Asuka, what they claimed or what they said, it was worthless without those actions, as he waited a few moments he turned around and nodded to her for a few seconds, he listened to the last question as a small sinister smirk crossed his lips as he knew what the next sentence would bring.

"Soku, she is the leader of the diplomatic party, and the one you will have to work with in order to achieve your goal, make no mistake Asuka I do expect an outcome that works for the village, and I expect you to get in done without me hearing any issues, back chatting or anything like that. I am sure you can understand my determination to see it completed."

With that he left, leaving Asuka, her thoughts and what had just been dropped on her to sit in the empty bar with her before returning to the busy streets of the village. He wasn't going to have a word war backward and forwards, no actions proved more than any word could and he understood that it was a hard life a Shinobi walked, but the ones who stood and faced it all and never cowered and blamed everything else. They would be the future.

[Topic Left]
[MFT: 250]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back