Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Peeping, Peepers.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

With elegance and poise, a man with purple hair strolled through the vibrant hustle and bustle of the Merchant Lords' territory. Just on the outskirts of where Wind Country's elite called home, a member of Sunagakure no Sato had been inserted in and allowed to slowly matriculate into the community. The man was a member of the ANBU Corps unit selected by Sennin Tenken and his appearance and name had already been completely erased from the village record. Akimichi Kousuke was his name, and aside from his tall stature and beefy physique, the man carried himself much like an aristocrat in his own right, had peculiar purple hair and a penchant for wearing rather flamboyant color schemes for his almost always formal looking attire. He had been stationed within this territory for weeks and had been allowed to work himself up to about as high as someone with middle class reputation could within this cutthroat socioeconomic world. He was on the outside looking in, catching glimpses and second hand accounts of the true elites of Soons. Each passing day would open a new door for him to find out a tiny bit of information about the Merchant Lords, whether it was stated and researched facts or just rumors floating around the general populous, Kousuke would record it all and type it up during his evening hours. Within his comfortable, yet small for his taste, rent house he would carefully scatter his reports within the walls and floors to protect the information and maintain his cover. Today, however, was different. After completing his day of work, managing a small subsection of the fish market, Kousuke would retire to his home and approach a small chest. From within the chest he would remove a secret compartment that held a key. With the key, he would walk into his kitchen and pull his stove out from the wall just enough to reach behind it. There, he would find another box and with that box and key he would open up the container and reveal a communication device that could cover the distance between Soon's and Suna. Within the communication device, which was set to a specific frequency, he would merely hold it up to his mouth and say "Kaze" before clicking the talk button four times.

It was time for his boss and him to meet, and it was time for their plan to be set in motion.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
ThTdWkG.jpg

Oshiro Ori the Tome Entombed

It was an utter curiosity, this peacock among gulls. That was what drew him of course: the glorious metaphorical plumage. He had followed the conspicuous amethyst-headed man through the streets, he made minimal attempts to conceal his identity or presence. He had no need for such things, this was his domain not the interloper's. Chocolate shoes scuffed the dusty earth as a one Oshiro Ori ambled the bustling streets of the Bazzar, the salty harbor of Soons Haven and the pristine streets of the Alcazar. Rows of houses with their private fenced laws and tall, proud structures made the heart of this community. The disparity of wealth was obvious and apparent to even the most casual of observer who ambled the distance between the trawlers and the wet market, the fishwives and fishmongers where the ostentatious stranger stood out like a sore thumb to the walk home where he ambled to the most affluence part of the plutocratic city.

Ori was an average appearing man, he had a talent for blending into almost any setting be it the mansion of an aristocrat or the hovel of an impecunious family. He blends without effort, just another mundane man in the crowd of man until the moment he steps free of the droning crowd. He would have an analytical expression, teal eyes that scanned the passing crowd through spectacles that he would shift on the bridge of his nose. This fishmonger was no Maki Shin, making him a rival, a copy cat or a man out of place. 'The Tome Entombed' as some called him would stay far enough back to see the macaroni enter a rental home on one of the most affluent streets in the city. He would wait a few moment, his eyes would scan the architecture and the front step. Evidence of longevity such as a plant to enhance curb appeal or the fixation of a nameplate below the knocker to label something as being in the possession of one dandy fishmonger.

A bare hand free of callouses but still rather dry would rap thrice on the door, there would be no henge. There would be no messenger here to provide a summons. Just as one man could remain a faceless man in a crowd of many, he could also be recognized readily when he desired such. The man might be considered a disappointment to some, there was no powerful aura that would roll off of him. There was no grandiose entrance but he was not a man of unnecessary theatrics. He would stand there languidly, his hands clasped behind his back he awaited resident within much like a predator waits for the moment a rabbit peers from its burrow to strike. But this predator was not the violent sort, no... he would not dare sully these hands, they were meant for writing passages and leafing through the annals of Sora not pummeling another lad like some common brute.

There would be the eventuality of an interaction, "Salutations this fine evening," a stranger whom the ANBU would likely be able to identify as the famed Merchant Lord Oshiro Ori. He would smile genteelly, "I am aware that there is likely a bizarre sensation pervades this imminent relationship of pretense."</B><i></i> He would immediately announce, <B>"Veracity lacks sincerity and it is a luxury even I cannot afford because even this simple greeting and your response will loaded with innuendo and fraught with implications." He was a man that got straight to the point even if it was in a verbose manner. "I am here to make a connection with a peacock among gulls," Ori concluded as he extended his hand to the man much larger than he.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

Kousuke would begin prepping a pot of tea. He knew his Sennin did not drink the tea, or really engage is pleasantries when it came to these matters, but it was still a generosity that he could not pass up. His attire, the way he carried himself and some of the luxuries he took in life, even on a mission like this, were a reflection to his upbringing. His family lineage was a proud and historic one back in the Country of Fire, but his familial line migrated to the Northern portion of Wind Country, settling upon the border of the two lands. Their they placed their focus on using their shinobi arts for commercial success in the field of construction as their strength and ability to grow in size allowed them the ability to perform jobs at faster rates than competitors. So Kousuke was raised in wealth and luxury. However, he grew resentful that his life was being tracked to go into that mold, and instead he wanted more and something different than just being a big bodied builder. His small frame also caused some issues within his clan that further lead to him decided to break away from his family, join the shinboi village of Sand and then finally the ranks of ANBU. While he chose to leave his family, it wasn't without his own backing of cash and a penchant for living extravagantly.

The knocking on the door caught the attention of Glutton, causing his eyes to sharply glare at the door.

Tenken should not be here yet. Have I gathered the attention of an onlooker? An enemy? A stalker? A potential love?!

Either way, he would pat down his suit to ensure it was free of wrinkles, dust or loose hair, straighten his red bow tie and begin to make his way over towards the door. Once reaching the door he would pause, make one last look in the mirror located at the door, and then open it to be greeted by a sight that would take him back a bit.

Oshiro... Oshiro Ori!? My, My, My...

His mouth would open as he began to draw his breath to start his hearty welcoming, which would be quickly cut off as the smaller man would begin his own welcoming... of sorts. As Ori spoke, Kousuke would place his hands behind his back and take in all the words the man had to offer. It was curious, this meeting, but Kousuke considered it a blessing. Ori had been one of the names he had specifically circled for his meeting with Tenken. His line of "peacock among gulls" would cause the purple haired man to blush a bit.

Started off weak but had a nice finish.

"Merci, Monsieur Oshiro, merci."

He would take a bow before stretching his arm out to take the hand of Ori and shake it. The large, potentially intimidating, hand of Ori would be very smooth, lacking the wear and tear of grueling hand work or damages from fighting. Kousuke was truly a unique creature.

"I wish to not come off as rude, nor do I hope this doesn't come off as forward, but I favored you to a rose among the briers. My name is Aki Kousuke, and if it would not be an issue, and without knowing your full intentions for tonight, I would like to invite you in for a drink. I am currently prepping some tea but also have a variety of more spirited drinks if that is your preference."

His hand would release the grasp of Ori as the gentle speaking man would smirk.

"My manners, excusez-moi. I made presumptions. Sorry if I have offended and thank you for the kind gesture."

He would then wait to see how the mysterious Merchant Lord would respond. Would this be a night engagement or a one-and-done interaction?

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
ThTdWkG.jpg

"Merci, Monsieur Oshiro, merci."

It was probably not by chance that they would meet, be it the ever mysterious threads of fate that intertwined or something more resolute. At the threshold stood one large flamboyant stranger and a well-known, mousy little man. The man was a foreigner, or so that was the assumption of the the Merchant Lord as bowed forward. He had never heard those words in the form of a spoken tongue but he had read of them before in one of the great many tomes housed in his personal library. He had a singular philosophy: all the books we own, both read and unread, are the fullest expression of self we have at our disposal. ... But with each passing year, and with each whimsical purchase, our libraries become more and more able to articulate who we are, whether we read the books or not. He planned on reading and writing every last one. He clasped hands and shook the Akimichi's hand firmly, somebody had eaten their vegetables as a young boy.

"I wish to not come off as rude, nor do I hope this doesn't come off as forward, but I favored you to a rose among the briers. My name is Aki Kousuke, and if it would not be an issue, and without knowing your full intentions for tonight, I would like to invite you in for a drink. I am currently prepping some tea but also have a variety of more spirited drinks if that is your preference."

He did not answer immediately, he was still assessing the man before him. The stitching of his jacket, the baubles he wore. The tone of his voice and his peculiar choice of vernacular. Everything he did would show his hand; serve as a self-portrait. He was unfamiliar with the name and he knew most names of worth in and about this plutocracy. "A pleasure Mr Aki," the words seemed to roll easily off his tongue. He was capable of making small talk but hardly the type. He found topics such as weather and sports an utter bore, it was a convention among people to prevent that uncomfortable silence he had no qualms maintaining. There was something about the di-ease that the silent brought about in socially inclined creatures who tried to fill the gaps with silence.

"My manners, excusez-moi. I made presumptions. Sorry if I have offended and thank you for the kind gesture."

Mr. Aki continued, his elbow crooked in front of him he nodded cordially, "Tea would be fine," he conceded. Assuming he was allowed inside the rental property he would look around, shifting the glasses on the bridge of his nose as he did so. The stranger was a curiosity, it was as simple as that and he was also a liar. He had no hate for the like, by nature everyone was a liar in one way or another and this was especially the truth here in Soons Haven. He sniffed his own hand, the same one he had shook the fish monger's with. What was he looking for? Simple -- the briny scent that seems to seep into the pores. They were never far from the salty waters of the bay and the narrow stretch of sea that parted their borders with that of Tea Country but a man who works with fish has a particular scent, and a way of dress. Although, a vocation is merely a single aspect of a man and vanity was his favorite sin.

He would not take a seat, rather he would puruse the main living quarters with his eyes or a seemingly idle touch. "Mister Aki, what is your actual vocation? A grandiloquent man such as yourself is no fish trader." Of course he would not guess the vocation of shinobi or rather ANBU either. He would pick a seat, assuming there was seating. Something utilitarian if possible, he was a man of humble sensibilities because his want was never for material wealth but rather the intangible kind. His hands folded on his lap, "I am a purveyor of information Mister Aki and you... much like a great many of the fine visitors who have come to enjoy the nuptials, are rather out of place." A thin smile crept across his face as he made this statement. He did not appear to be aggressive in his relaxed stance or in his tone of voice although the brash assumption that he was not who he appeared could garner a negative response. "My concerns are purely academic, I simply do not want to be in the wrong place at the wrong time," he continued. "As successful men of Soons we sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire, build egos the size of cathedrals, and connect the world to every eager impulse. in the end, even the dullest dreams become dollar-green, gold plated idols and even the smallest men become an aspiring emperor... their own god." Over the past two years Ori has seen a great many changes in Soons Haven, some for the better, most irrelevant, and some facets he found disconcerting enough to intervene. It was over a year ago that he tried to commission a mercenary to kill Mako, the assassin likely got cold feet which was a shame because it would have killed two birds with one stone.

Still, the question remains dear peacock -- what are you because you are no gull.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

Ori would accept the invite in, which would cause Kousuke to turn absolutely giddy as he moved aside and motioned for his impromptu guest to enter.

"Wonderful, wonderful! Please come in and take a seat."

Ori was not much of a talker, but in his small bursts he definitely gave the impression of someone who was on defense. It would be easy to surmise that the entomber was probably feeling out who Kousuke was. Kousuke had not been within the city for that long, so developing himself was rushed and easier to do within the fish market, but anyone with a keen eye, or maybe a curious sense of hand smelling, would notice that he probably did not put much effort within his work with fish or maybe he was simply doing something else. Wondering into the rental home, Ori would be met with a fully furnished location that had a pleasant flow. If he did not put much effort into observing his surroundings, he would not notice anything suspicious. If Ori was on his toes, as he seemed to be, he would begin to notice that there was nothing personalized about the living space. No pictures of himself, family, memories, anything that you'd find in a normal person's abode. There would be frames and pictures but they would be generic images. There would be nothing within the apartment that would stand out as being a personalized possession of Kousuke, except for his tea set and the visible liquor cabinet.

The lumbering, gentle giant would lead Ori to a quaint little dinner table in a small dining room area. At the present time there were already two places set at the table. Kousuke would pull out a chair for Ori as he would then hurry off to grab a cup, plate and napkin for a third seat at the table. If he was paying attention it might seem odd that he already had set two spots for tea and now, after seating Ori, had set a third spot at the table. Was Kousuke already expecting a guest? Kousuke would pull out his own chair and sit down across from Ori at the table. His right leg would cross over the top of his left as he would place his hands together in his lap and let out a gentle smile.

"You are correct; my true vocation isn't that of a fish trader."

He would pause for a moment as he allowed Ori to speak once more and would also lean back to check to see if he could hear the whistle of the tea kettle.

"Out of place? Moi? C'est une grande habileté que de savoir cacher son habilité!"

Kousuke would chuckle a bit as he would once more brush his suit to straight it out and maintain its flawless and crisp appearance.

"Sorry, I spent some time learning odd languages. It is a rather boring world we live in where everyone seems to speak the same tongue all the time. What I spoke, and if I am wrong for assuming you don't know the language I apologize, was this; It takes great skill to hide the fact that you have great skill. I think you and I are much alike, Lord Oshiro."

There would be a sharp whistling that would begin to emanate from the kitchen.

"Pardon, allow me to excuse myself to retrieve the tea. Once I have poured us some cups I will better explain what I mean, what I am here in Soon's for and how I believe you and I are similar."

With that he would push out from his seat and go to the kitchen to retrieve the kettle. Without delay, he would return to the dining room area and begin to pour a cup of tea for the both of them and set the pot in the middle of the table, that is if he didn't spook off Ori yet.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
ThTdWkG.jpg

His host was gracious enough to allow him inside his domicile. The purpose was to learn more about the strange, brobdingnagian man with amethyst tresses whose attire seemed more at home in a genteel environs than that of a blue-collar lifestyle. Whatever personal effects he would hope to discern would be for naught. He would sigh inwardly, he was hoping for a photograph of a wife, a child, a friend; evidence of a hobby or an interest. The room looked like a showroom, perfect and clean, it was amazing that anyone lived there. Fascinating. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and looked around the room with idle disappointment. This venture would not be fruitless, not wholly. He craned his neck to look into the next room; the fishmonger was preparing conventional tea.

He would wait for Glutton to return, there was no gain in seeking what he would not or could not find. There was an extra place set, he looked down at the setting and the edges of hip lips twitched upwards imperceptibly. "Whilst we wait... for your caller," the Merchant Lord would start "I would love to learn more about you." His fingers laced together, less his thumbs that restlessly rotated about each other. "Who you work for," he continued with a casual line of questioning although his hypothesis would prove incorrect. He thought this man was a recent hire, likely a spy commissioned by one of his fellow Ancient Lords. Considering his vantage point, he assumed that he was there to keep an eye on Maki Shin the Supreme Fish Monger. Why was the real question, that man was likely the most inert of them. Maki was the 'least' among the Merchant Lords, a first generation Merchant Lord. Was he perhaps trying to overpower Shin's monopoly on shipping in the bay area between Soons Haven and the rest of the world. If that was the case, the man had no chance but that was of little consequence to Oshiro. Seeing Maki fall to ruin would benefit him because he would be able to resume his previous trade.

He would of course not be so lucky and even if he was he was wasting his time on a failure.

"I have little use for those limbless, cold-blooded vertebrates," he admitted. "However, it seems you do not either. Is Lord Maki Shin your quarry or have you found interest in a game I am not familiar with?" Time was a commodity to the Tome, only information was eternal.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

"Who do I work for? That is both a dull and yet exciting set of answers depending on what you mean."

Gracefully, he would scoop up his tea cup and the plate it was resting upon and bring it up towards his face. Delicately, and with a pinky extended, he would take a sip from the cup before returning it to his plate. Ori would go on further to ask if Maki Shin was his prey or if he was up to some other mischief.

"Great insight, you have a very dangerously sharp eye. I like that. As you said, you are a man that wishes to waste time and cut straight to the chase. Maki Shin is my on paper employer, but I have never formally met the man. I made contact with an associate of his..."

And broke several of his ribs.

"...and was able to arrange placing myself in a mid-level position where I could manage without touching those pesky little stink foods, do not get me wrong, I love a good fish but they lack the ability to serve as a proper meal. So I have used my managing skills to make a nice little income here in the haven and have used my name and increasing efficiency within my market..."

And maybe a little sabotage.

"...to bring my name closer to the ears of the Merchant Lord, Maki Shin. Now, if you are asking who I work for in actuality, as I am clearly in no interest of being the Lord of Fish, then the answer is one I cannot actually answer you, yet."

He would let out a 'tsk' noise as he was disappointed.

"Pardon, it seems I am making this longer and more ominous than you might prefer. How about this; why am I here? I am here to learn about a very specific, yet very mysterious targets. Information on my targets are literally everywhere for the public domain to observe, and at the same time there is a whole other side, a whole different world, playing out in private."

He would take another sip from his tea cup as he would turn his attention to Ori to see if his guest needed a refill or if he was generally enjoying the tea.

"The Merchant Lords, but that isn't all that exciting right? You all seem to have a secret cold war brewing between different sects, so hearing that I am here to watch you probably isn't all that out of the ordinary, correct? Well I am not here to bring ruin or sabotage any of you, I am not some petty thug or simple assassin, nor do I want to topple the fish guy for his fish fortune."

Kousuke would chuckle a bit.

"No, I am literally here to learn about you all. One of the ones that have intrigued me the most; yourself. Care to guess why that is?"

The purple haired man would rest his plate and cup on the table as his eyes would turn to Ori and a playful, nearly flirtatious, smirk would appear on his face. Was the Entombed enjoying this conversation or was he prepared to go on the defensive. He did not fear the man attacking him, but also did not see the man as foolish enough to do something like that himself or against an openly more intimidating physical specimen.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
ThTdWkG.jpg

Impressive. In such a short time, with a name unknown to him Mr. Aki had created an undisclosed niche within a less than novel market. Sabotage, subterfuge, clandestine deals, attempts to push competitors out of the market -- all of this and more was commonplace in Soons Haven. Many of the Merchant Lords made no secret of this fact, it was one of the things that made them so different from other plutocracies, the fact that they made no secret of what they really were. Apparently he was employed under the 'Supreme Fish Monger,' albeit distantly. Was he simply a man in search of wealth and power or was he after something else entirely; he seemed grossly over-qualified and not a man he would want on his payroll for that very reason. There is a difference between unrealized talent and a viable risk and he considered this stranger to be the later. Doubtful he was or ever could be a tycoon of industry, resource or trade like the Lords here were and he was not a man of intuition and yet there was a tingling sense that he did not belong. Perhaps Mr. Aki was merely underappreciated or did not grasp the full extent of his capacity. Ha! Both were as unlikely as a true philanthropist. "Fascinating," he conceded.

Kousuke mentioned an ambition, one to get close to the pescetarian lord. He stifled a laugh, he could not help but scoff at the concept that someone would find interest in such a jejune target. That was until he mentioned he has a second employer, some mysterious overseer perhaps that could not or would not be mentioned just yet. His brow raised slightly and his lips thinned as he studied the either brilliant, undiscovered businessman or the already gainfully employed and actualized interloper. Paranoia ran deeper than the waters of the bay here in Soons Haven, he never even took a sip of the tea kindly offered by Mister 'Aki.' He assumed it was poisoned, even if it was not it was a fair assumption in a village housing a number of foreign shinobis.

"The Merchant Lords, but that isn't all that exciting right? You all seem to have a secret cold war brewing between different sects, so hearing that I am here to watch you probably isn't all that out of the ordinary, correct? Well I am not here to bring ruin or sabotage any of you, I am not some petty thug or simple assassin, nor do I want to topple the fish guy for his fish fortune. No, I am literally here to learn about you all. One of the ones that have intrigued me the most; yourself. Care to guess why that is?"

Finally the truth. Well, perhaps not the truth but what he expected to hear. "I am stumped," he replied. "They say a lack of imagination is an occupational hazard for those at the apex of their accomplishment, so edify me please."</B><i></i> Ori brought the edge of the china to his lips but did not partake of the leaf infused waters but rather took in its perfume. Curious more if the fluid was tainted. If he noted no distinction he would still not partake. He too was unconcerned about an altercation between himself and the Glutton, as long as he had his faculties, something he considered it a greater asset than whatever brawn this man might hide beneath his silken garments he thought himself safe. <B>"I have never found myself the subject of keen interest," for long,"[/color][/b] the Lord released a mirthless laugh. "But I can attest that there are things that money can't buy but fewer, perhaps, than you would like to believe. It seems to me, a fool's errand to kick over rocks, truly you do not want to know what is beneath them. And yet I have made my wealth on foolish endeavors, some much more vacuous than this, so why Mister Aki am I a subject of interest?"

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

"Not much for guessing? Loosen up a bit, Lord Oshiro. I promise I won't devour you, nor did I poison your drink.."

His eyes would scan at the unmoved cup of tea he had placed for Ori. The man was cautious, which was probably a wise move in the current setting of the country but was also very telling of the inner working of the merchant lords.

"...but I suppose with all your infighting, it is almost common practice to suspect a quick hit like a little poison. Such a fascinating world you Merchant Lords live within; always cautious, always watching, ever ready to consolidate any power of positioning that should become available."

Leaning back to proper posture, he would once more pick up the tea pot and refill his own cup. There did not seem to be any need to hold back on enjoying his drink as it seemed the man was not going to partaking in the refreshment himself.

Oh well, I guess it is the thought that counts...

"You intrigue me because of how dangerous you are. Yes, all of you are dangerous to some degree or sense, and of course Lady Mako would be the most dangerous based on her relationship with the Daimyo. You, however, are dangerous in your own right. 5 years to claim a title of Merchant Lord. You rose to your position not on family wealth or name; which if that was the only criteria it would put you in consideration with Shino, Sheena and Shin. Never noticed the alliteration before."

He would chuckle a bit to himself as he would turn his eyes to a mounted clock before returning his entranced gaze on Ori. Taking another sip of his tea he would continue.

"Shino has been basically ravaged in the world of public opinion, so I can cross him off. The remaining three of you all have something that makes you stand out in my mind. You are known for your intelligence and you have an excellent relationship with Tea Country, which makes me more interested in you because I am curious how that relationship plays out for you nowadays."

Tea time was always a treat.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Money often costs too much. –Ralph Waldo Emerson​

ThTdWkG.jpg

"Not much for guessing? Loosen up a bit, Lord Oshiro. I promise I won't devour you, nor did I poison your drink.."

That is exactly what someone would say if they had poisoned my drink.

Caution is what keeps men like him alive and in power. His value was not fiscal but something more... cerebral. He was an information broker and there was one tiny problem with his chosen vocation: delegation was out of the question. "Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained in the presence of avarice," he replied as he brought the cup to his nose again and took another sniff. He was not going to drink it, he had went through three praegustators this past month alone.

"...but I suppose with all your infighting, it is almost common practice to suspect a quick hit like a little poison. Such a fascinating world you Merchant Lords live within; always cautious, always watching, ever ready to consolidate any power of positioning that should become available."

"Your powers of observation are uncanny Mister Aki," Lord Oshiro replied as he set the delicate porcelain teacup onto its saucer. The Glutton was correct, there was a vacuum of power forming in Wind Country. Nobody has noticed it yet or if they had they had not said a word about it. It was rather queer how gullible the average person was. "It would not be the first time," he admitted "...or the last." There were a few points that the gentleman giant might note from Ori's comment. First, obviously those attempts were ineffective and secondly he was sitting here without a guardian. The man was either exceptionally sure of himself or he was a fool, but then one must ask how many fools become a Merchant Lord?

"You intrigue me because of how dangerous you are. Yes, all of you are dangerous to some degree or sense, and of course Lady Mako would be the most dangerous based on her relationship with the Daimyo. You, however, are dangerous in your own right. 5 years to claim a title of Merchant Lord. You rose to your position not on family wealth or name; which if that was the only criteria it would put you in consideration with Shino, Sheena and Shin. Never noticed the alliteration before."

And in five more I will have the title of Shōgun.

"So many names dropped in a single sentence. It seems you have done your homework on all of us, but I doubt you have merely an idle curiosity." Ori replied as he slid his spectacles along the bridge of his nose. "I am but a neophyte among virtuosos I am afraid. You see, wealth is an illusion. Yen is nothing more than a slip of paper of a pounded bit of metal that we ascribe a value to and claim it worth our time, blood or concern. I am not a wealthy man in the least, but I am the richest man in this village." He stopped for a moment, he was looking for something. "And I doubt you are the poorest." Ori would stand up and smooth the wrinkles that formed in his lap.

"Shino has been basically ravaged in the world of public opinion, so I can cross him off. The remaining three of you all have something that makes you stand out in my mind. You are known for your intelligence and you have an excellent relationship with Tea Country, which makes me more interested in you because I am curious how that relationship plays out for you nowadays."

So that is what he is looking for. Makes sense.

"Wong question..." He seemed to muse. If he was talking to Roku, perhaps this phrase would light something up in his head, but he was talking to a different man entirely. "... but quite well," Ori answered honestly. "It is good to have friends who remember you fondly. My continued good graces with the Countess has helped me get to where I am today. I rewrote the Annals of the Conqueror from memory and I preserved some of their aged and precious tomes for posterity." And he might also be blackmailing the Countess whose 'humble' beginnings have until now and will continue to be poorly defined as long as she plays nice. Her power over shipping in Tea Country has created a rivalry between herself and Maki Shin, both possess a monopoly over their given harbor, however the sea is shared. "I spend my time in Soons for the most part, but I do miss the grand libraries of Kurosawa City," he seemed to reminisce but he was actually using it to segue into the conversation he wanted to have. "Ever since I introduced the Daimyō to his future wife, he has kept me rather busy here in Soons Haven."

This is how you name drop. You don't say the name and see if they bite.

He never introduced them either, rather he did the complete opposite and did all he could to keep them apart until he no longer did. She was a power-hungry vixen but she would have gotten nowhere until the Daimyō consolidated power within Wind Country. The country had been at war for nearly three decades but nobody seemed to realize this. There is only one Daimyō in Wind Country, just one. Every other Daimyō had either stepped down or been reduced to a lesser lord in their lands. The power-vacuum was getting bigger than any one person could realize. Shiro systematically destroyed every ruling family silently, the only two sovereign communities left in Wind Country were Soons Haven and Sunagakure. Soons Haven knew full-well that they would not be able to stand up against the Daimyō's Soverign army with their hired samurais and Sunagakure remained hidden in the depths of the desert for the last two decades. He wanted the harlot to marry the Daimyō, it was like allowing a venomous viper into your bed. He would not survive the year once she birthed an heir. His hands clean of the entire ordeal, she would likely kill off his true-born in similar fashion. Neither Sango or Susumu, the heir apparent were capable fighters.

He would then reveal her treachery and be the hero.

One just cannot prevent tragedies from occurring, then there would be no story to read. No glory. No reward. Who would try then? Likely his bastard heir if he did not try and kill off his half-siblings before his father's untimely passing. He was a monster, the people would not stand for it. Next would come the Merchant Lords. With Hisamura Mako in the Daimyō's seat, one of the other Merchant Lords would attempt to overthrow her. The question was then who? He wanted them to also succeed. The further the seat moves from its previous master, the easier it will be for him to take his rightful place as the one and only Lord. So the question was, then truly, who was the greatest risk to his ascension? Guchi Sheena most certainly. She was vocal as was Shin regarding the Daimyō's plans as they became aware of his efforts to destroy the last free city. They saw Sunagakure as trading allies, as did he but neither of them were realists. You do not ally yourself with the weaker army, doing such would be suicide. Sunagakure was going to burn long before Shiro is cold in the ground. Shin was still a fair alternative to Sheena one can suppose, but how does one feed misinformation that is nothing but the truth. There is not a man on earth to have a good enough a memory to be a truly proficient liar.

"I would be more concerned about Lord Maki Shin," he announced as he walked up to the Glutton. "His wife is a strange one... worrisome really," he made a tsk'ing sound. "But then again... so many names, so many faces... It is a wonder I remember them all." </B><i></i> He would stopped once he was a step too close to Aki, the invasion of personal space was hardly intimidating from a man of his size and relative strength, it was intended to be instead off-putting. Mistakes are his bread and butter so to say. <B>"Mind giving your boss a call?" The request was abrupt as it was intended to be. The reason was simple, he expected the man to acquiesce regardless because his boss' anonymity would be assured but he could care less about who his boss was and rather 'what.' A rival Lord, a shinobi, a hopeful merchant with enough clout to get a man like this beneath him, a foreign power. He would get that in the voice and in the words and with that know exactly where to place the breadcrumbs.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Roku said:
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

There was almost a giddy, child-like expression on Glutton's face as Ori began to move the conversation away from himself and towards the Daimyo and his current wife, Mako, albeit without saying her name. It was clear she would be a prime target for the Merchant Lords, her seat would be the highest to overcome with the backing of the Daimyo. As things were now, she was almost untouchable, a fact that was probably just as apparent before her marriage as her skill as a warrior were not a secret. It was almost like Glutton was caught in sheer ecstasy as his mind began to race trying to piece together what the words of Ori might truly mean. For a man who had been rather quiet and cryptic, when he did decide to speak it was almost certainly for something important.

Could he be hedging a bet that whoever I represent might provide an opportunity to oust either Mako or the Daimyo, or both? I mean it is a relatively low risk bet. Clearly I have set myself and my party up as someone who will work in the shadows so if we fail he loses nothing but if we succeed, we open a door for him. But why throw me to Shin's wife... it is true I do have a fascination for her as well.

Ori would approach and the thrilled giant would calmly stand as well. In this instance, he was not doing such a thing to be intimidating. It was just poor form to have a guest standing as you sat, and he would not be a poor host. However, when Ori asked for him to call his boss the expression on the Akimichi would change for a split second before returning to normal. The expression, if the man's eyes could catch it, would be one of a ferocity of a wild animal being restrained by a leash. But, the moment would fade quickly and if it was missed, it was missed. With a gentle smirk, Kousuke would address the words of the merchant lord.

"Good things come to those who wait, Lord Ori..."

There would be four knocks on the door, all with a two second pause between them. Kousuke would bow to Lord Ori.

"Speak of the devil... excuse me as I go get the door."

OOC --I will post as the visitor in the next round, so one more Ori post and then the party will be complete (sorry for the drag out ;])

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Back in America. Not much to say here, sorry.

IC:
ThTdWkG.jpg

There was always something to gain in forcing a merchant Lord to vacate their seat. A smelly fishmonger, as it were, would seem like the easiest and the least interesting of targets. There was nothing uninteresting about having a monopoly over shipping. Fish might be his named trade, however, his true power is not in the fact that he keeps many fed but rather the fact that he had control over the sea trade. This would mean that anyone who wished to trade any of their wares over sea would have to go through him or his wife. Those who wished to circumvent Shin would be forced to traverse an expanse of dangerous, arid terrain. The least respected but the most powerful if he were to wield his power fully.

Nothing truly escaped the man's gaze as Ori asked about Aki's employer. One had to wonder what sort of talent could procure such... flair.

"Good things come to those who wait, Lord Ori..."

A pair of couplet knocks could be heard. It was enough to end their present colloquy. The Merchant Lord raised an inquisitive brow as the large man gave a genteel bow.

"Speak of the devil... excuse me as I go get the door."

"Of course," he replied with a smile. He would wait for Aki to leave the immediate area before he sat down. The apartment was for the most part a useless resource. He lifted the teacup and looked at the underside curiously. Even a man who enjoys a temporary residence takes with them certain trivialities. He took a seat again, cooled tea in hand. He was not drinking it nor was he seeking some sort of relaxed pose, he was memorizing the scent. It was the only thing usual or personal about this household.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
296873.jpg

NPC
Glutton/Akimichi Kousuke

From where Ori sat, he could potentially hear the door opening. If he was listening intently, he could probably hear the muttering of a conversation being had from a distance away. It was clear that two people were talking, but aside from Kousuke's voice it would be hard to discern the second voice. The conversation would seem to last a little bit longer than a normal greeting and would be followed by a long, silent pause. The silence would exacerbate the passing of time, making a few moments seem like an eternity. However, only several seconds would pass by until Kousuke returned to the dining table with a rather disappointed look upon his face before making an adjustment to appear more joyful.

"My deepest apologies, it seems that at this time my guest has declined to join us. It seems focus has shifted a bit to outside of Soon's. I am terribly sorry for that inconvenience, however..."

Kousuke would bow to Ori as he motioned to the door.

"I would like to thank you for your time. Since you seem to be in on my ruse, I would like to ask two things from you; 1) discretion, I'd rather like to continue playing a bit longer and 2) if you ever need anything from me do not hesitate to ask. As I said, I am interested in you. We are interested in you."

If Ori would follow him he would lead the man to the door and once more bow to him.

"I look forward to plenty of enjoyable moments together in the future, Lord Ori."

OOC: Sorry let this one slip away from me, and it seems the time for Game of Merchant Lords isn't right just yet. I will pick back up with them when I get some other things out of the way. Thank you for playing with me :)

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
ThTdWkG.jpg

There was a brief departure and a colloquy of lilliputian significance, at least to him as the bookworm had a thought. A wry smile eclipsed his oft neutral countenance as he place the delicate teacup down on a coaster (he is no barbarian!). From his breast pocket he took something from the clothen confines and slid it beneath the cushion of the chair. A mere bauble. Nothing of interest. He would then stand with a sigh. The giant gentleman would meet a standing Lord Ori on his return, his placement and expression the same as it was when he left.

"My deepest apologies, it seems that at this time my guest has declined to join us. It seems focus has shifted a bit to outside of Soon's. I am terribly sorry for that inconvenience, however..."

Ori rose his hand, begging pause. "I am not troubled in the least good sir," he would lie. Time was a precious commodity, but so was power and knowledge and he was more than willing to waste the foremost for the later-most to consolidate his authority. Still, there was one tidbit that might be of use eventually. A forced gracious smile, a necessity of these mundane social gatherings. It was time to leave, these mechanical, seemingly practiced cues would tell him it was time to leave if he lacked the sense he mother gave him.

"I would like to thank you for your time. Since you seem to be in on my ruse, I would like to ask two things from you; 1) discretion, I'd rather like to continue playing a bit longer and 2) if you ever need anything from me do not hesitate to ask. As I said, I am interested in you. We are interested in you."

"I am sure you both are, how you say... pour le moment d'adieu?" His enunciation was atrocious, but he was not a man of action or haste. He had all the time in the world.

"I look forward to plenty of enjoyable moments together in the future, Lord Ori."

Topic Left

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back