Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Perils-a-Plenty! (Contract Search)

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While the walls of Kumogakure were tempting to hide in for the rest of his life, Sunuke had finally decided that the village couldn’t completely protect him. The visits from Leaf over the last year had proved that while he had friends in high places (and Cloud was especially in a high place), he needed to find a way to defend himself. This had been a difficult decision, seeing as he really trusted Yuii and Ayumu. But the necessity of gaining allies who may hide in other realms was a lot more important to him than the trust of people coming to your aid.

The tallest mountains were said to hold the toughest beings in all the land. After all why would anything but tough predators and clever pretty be anywhere but here where much of the difficulty was in surviving the treacherous climb, and freezing temperatures. This seemed like the perfect place for the Nanjirou to be looking for someone or something to assist him.

Sunuke’s first step was to grab snow gear from the stores of Kumogakure. The markets would be rife with gear that he could use to get through all that snow and frost that would possibly barrage his body. Turning into a popsicle was not the plan he had in mind. At the same time it had to be fairly nimble clothing as to not impede with fighting. Dangerous creatures lurked in the mountains, and he didn’t want to be caught off guard and sent flying to his doom.

This might be costly on the purse, but this trek is important to find someone to help me in times of trouble. I had heard that many shinobi had contracts with sentient animals who could be called on in times of need… It has to be done.

The trek to the mountains of Monumenteum Deo wasn’t as treacherous as the mountain was rumoured to be. He had learned of the recent death toll this mountain had taken. He didn’t want to just be another number when it came to facing the dangerous path that he had to take.

With snow shoes on, and the furriest light armour he could afford the Nanjirou set up the snow trodden path. Not even a beaten path had been created in the snow due to how powerful the storms were on this path. Whatever way he had to climb this mountain, it would be all by himself and not through the spirits of the past.

The Nanjirou’s first steps onto the mountain didn’t give him much time to realise that the climb would be a lot sharped and full of freezing cold cracks that could trap his hands. Not even using chakra on his feet was making it easy as the ice would randomly fall from underneath him. No wonder so many people had perished under this mountain. It was way too unpredictable to even work out where to put your limbs with any movement. One false move would send you back at least 10 if not 15 feet.

Sunuke would grit his teeth as his movements would become more frantic up the mountain. Finding a cave, or a small place to catch his breath in this cold weather was priority number one. Once he had found some refuge then maybe he could go about looking to see if he could spot anything. But the climb was becoming more difficult with each step. He could even feel the cold slowly seeping through his gloves. Each movement was more important than the last.

The journey would feel like an eternity (despite it only being about 10 minutes in), but the Nanjirou managed to find a small cave in the side of the mountain. It wasn’t really warm or cozy, but it was better than freezing his rear off. It didn’t feel like he was recovering from the warmth, even when using his hands to rub his arms to generate heat.

Once he had settled in on getting warmer in the cave (somehow) the Nanjirou would begin to peak out of the cave and look around to see what there was out there. He would keep an eye on his backside as well, so not to get caught.

”This mountain sure likes to play nasty games, wouldn’t be surprised if something snuck up behind me… or tried to.”

MFT- 726 words

Bought a contract discovery of my choice https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=487&t=49752&start=15#p279467.

Choosing Kami as my contract of choice!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was normal behaviour for some attention to be brought when the only person walking up the mountains was a male that seemed to be gritting their teeth in determination. Of course, it also meant that someone was following him. A female specifically, and while she looked rather cold in the clothing she was wearing, she was in fact, not. She was pretty much okay with her socks and boots covering her legs and with her hair tied up in the manner it was.

She spotted that the man entered what appeared to be a cave, this let her curiosity get the better of her and this curiosity allowed her to walk over to the cave entrance slowly, she didn’t know how vast the cave was, but she was sure that it wasn’t going to be overly large, considering the how caves usually were in the mountains, or maybe she was wrong, and that the cave could be just a place for hidden treasures or whatnot, for example.

Letting her feet play chasies with themselves, the female edged closer and closer to the entrance of the cave, to spot that the male was trying to keep himself warm… maybe she should try to help him. Yes, that would seem the right thing to do at this time, considering the weather.

With this, the kind and caring female tip-toed into the cave and attempted to get behind the male before wrapping her arms around him, radiating as much warmth as she can from her body before sighing in happiness, she was hoping that her body radiated enough heat to keep the male warm. The cave then started to smell like lavender.

“Greetings, traveller!” The female spoke as she kept her arms wrapped around him in a soft grip, trying to share her heat with him. One of her hands held a bouquet, which didn't really explain the smell of lavender, while in her other hand, she held a spear which suited her outfit,
probably used for protecting herself while in the mountains. “I hope you don’t mind me! I felt sorry for you when I saw how cold you looked, so I decided to help you a bit… Please, don’t mind me...”

Meanwhile, in her mind, she wondered just how strange this introduction was going to be to the male, but she hoped that wouldn’t bother him too much.

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
untitled_by_unluckyamulet-d8t8qpz.jpg

The cave hardly provided shelter against the frigid winds that found their ways into the cracks of the mountain. There must have been another end to the cave because the cold seemed to creep down his back and pierce the spine. Was this how many people came to succumb to the treacheries of this land that he dared challenge.

The Nanjirou squinted as the blizzards began to pick up and drape the entrance with snowfall, distracting him from the being who was making their way into the cave and around him. Instead he was too busy on focusing on finding something (which in fact was now behind him, and creeping up on his slowly), and trying to keep himself warm in the mean time. Even the clothes he had worn specifically for this were hardly working at all.

It was much to his surprise as he was grabbed from behind, and held close. The initial jolt from surprise was met with a disarming warmth that would instantly stop his immediate reaction to draw his sword that could pierce the heavens. Instead he would feel his body radiate with heat as he held onto him, feeling only her arms, chest and chin pressed against him.

He tried to move his head to see who or what was holding onto him, whether he was caught in some kind of horrific venus flytrap-like being. Despite the warmth keeping him passive he was fully aware that he would need to strike if it was to keep him alive. But instead all he could see was the violet hair, and soft face that seemed to not really care that it was cold outside. For some strange reason he could smell something that was really relaxing too… some kind of floral smell that masked the dank smell of the cave.

”U-uh, n-not at all,” the Nanjirou replied with meekness. It was unbecoming of him to sound like that, but in her presence it seemed to be the only works he could utter out. Something was off about her presence, especially when he looked down to see what her attire was more like a bride than an adventurer. Even the bouquet suggested that was a bride, possibly lost up here… but why would she even have a wedding up here.

”A-are you not cold up in this mountaintops in your attire? I-it’s even cold in this clothing, and it’s meant to be keeping me warm.” His words would slur a little as he began to feel drowsy in her embrace.

”H-how did you f-find me anyway?” The words were beginning to struggle as he began to doze in and out of consciousness. He wasn’t entirely sure why. The warmth did feel like he was being kept close to a fire in a cabin, and after all the energy had been drained from the cold this was a strange change. ”I-I’m feeling really sleepy standing here…”

His legs felt like they would buckle under the weight of his own body, only being held up by the hug of the woman who had embraced him.​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon hearing the male, the female simply giggled and smiled softly, she was still right up against him, still spreading as much warmth as possible, and even with the smell of lavender still going strong, in fact, it was spreading in the cave and throughout the cave. The female also couldn’t help but giggle when he replied in the way he did. He sounded so cute.

The moment the male asked him some questions, the female giggled some more before she nuzzled into his neck calmly. She felt content being where she was, if she was going to be honest. She felt safe as she cuddled into him, which was rather strange to admit, even if it was in her head.

“Good question!” The female spoke as she stopped nuzzling into him. “I don’t feel cold, if I am going to be honest. In fact, I feel quite warm! Just as warm as you feel right now since I am sharing that warmth. As for finding you… It was really suspicious for a single male to be on his own! I just had to follow you to see your intentions!” She rubbed her face into his neck some more before he told her that he was getting really sleepy. “Oh, gosh! I am so sorry!” She said as she let go and coughed slightly. She stood up and walked around him, letting herself stand in front of him.

In an act of strangeness, the girl extended her arms, dropping her bouquet and spear. “All harmless! Anyways! We should find some stuff! Like meat! And maybe some flowers! Do you think there will be flowers up here?? I love flowers, oh yeah! With the meat, that means we will need to make a fire to cook it to make it edible!”

It was clear that the female had a lot of plans for this male. Maybe because it was only them both facing the weather conditions.

“What's your name??” She questioned, tilting her head as she done so.

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The more the woman embraced him, and the more she nuzzled herself into him, the more he he felt the tiredness and sudden hits of lethargy hit him. He wasn’t entirely sure what was going on, but something about her keeping him warm and safe was making him feel like he could drop his guard down for once. For the first time in years he was beginning to feel less need to keep his spiritual sword on him at the moment.

Her words felt like they were going in one ear, passing around his brain and out the other side. The smell of lavender was beginning to take over the brain and ignoring all other senses. It was… bizarre… not of this earth. What was this stimuli, and why was it causing something that was not him? And how was he not responding against it.

Suddenly the embrace would be abruptly spotted, supposed the being who was now in front of him had realised he was dropping off. Whoever this being in fact was… was a woman. With long, flowing hair and a bridal-like outfit (which in looking at it confused him on how she was warm while dressed like that. But the warmth of his body had risen instead to his cheeks. This was… strange to him.

She dropped her bouquet… and the weapon he didn’t even realise that she had. He knew that fighting a spear user would have been a really bad idea… lances beat swords, and everyone knew that rule. He just looked down at the spear, and kept his hands down to his side, poised near his sword just in case she decided to grab it again. Despite her warmth still surging around him (somehow), he was still wary of bad things happening.

”H-huh? Y-yeah I suppose it was suspicious on finding someone climb up alone. But I couldn’t find anyone who wanted to trek up the mountain in search of obtaining companions.” He didn’t want to say he was looking for a creature to capture or force sign a summoning contract, but perhaps she would understand due to the fact finding “companions” was left to speed-dating, hot springs, or first topic hook-ups. ”I-I may have forgotten to pack rations as well. S-so hunting for meat, and I suppose flowers would be a good idea.”

At that point the woman began to tilt her head and finally begin asking questions about who he was. He wasn’t sure how to respond to her, but she seemed harmless enough, even with a spear that would give her advantage against him. He felt compelled to tell her more about him, and it wasn’t because she was good looking either. No… he couldn’t quite tell what it was.

”My name is Nanjirou Sunuke, of the Fire Country. Though to say I’m from there becomes less accurate every year because I haven’t visited home in over a decade.” It was true that Sunuke hadn’t been back to Leaf since before the Samurai took over. It would be more difficult now that shinobi had taken rule back to the village as he was once wanted there, and even though he was older he wasn’t sure if they would have recognised him.

”But what about you? May I ask who you are? And why do you climb this mountain too? Since you asked about finding meat and flowers do you know if those are better here?” He realised that he was asking too much, so he bowed apologetically. ”I beg my pardon but I suppose my mind awoke with a bunch of questions.”

MFT 601 words​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The male seemed to understand well enough that even when she dropped her spear and announcing that she was harmless, he still had his sword near him. She could only giggle at that, people were paranoid and worried over strangers these days, sometimes, them type of movements would even get them in trouble, but for the young woman, she decided to let it go. She wasn’t here to have a fight, besides, she knows how to make the male sleep… and she only knew that from the way he was acting. She was usually the harmless sort, so having the technique of giving out a lavender scent and amplifying it was really useful if it was needed as a last resort.

Hearing him say that hunting for rations and meat was a great idea, she jumped for joy like a hyperactive little girl. She was really excited to hunt some meat with the male now. She couldn’t wait! With this, she dropped her knees, kneeling down about to pick up her spear when she heard the male speak some questions for himself, which caused her to stand up and look over to him innocently.

“My name is Ayaka!” She admitted as she waved her hands in front of her face, it seemed that the gesture was in a bit of excitement, but she calmed down a few seconds after and then let her sight drift across to the entrance. “And climb?? I reside here for a few days now and then for hunting, sweetie. I hope… that isn’t a bother… Meanwhile the meat found here is really tasty! But I haven’t been able to find any pretty flowers…”

Seeing the male bow down, made her giggle, in fact, she walked over to him, placed his arms around him and hugged into him. “It’s fine, honestly, I am just glad that you’re all awake now. I don’t want you to hurt yourself due to being tired… come, shall we hunt now, Sunuke??” She questioned, letting him go and clapping her hands happily. “It might help you stay awake!”

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The woman jumped for joy at the idea of rations. It was a little bizzare that someone who seemed so sweet and caring… was into hunting animals for their meat. She was so excited that as he was asking her the questions she was already half way down to the floor to pick up her spear. It seemed that the attire she wore didn’t seem to reduce her movement in any way, shape or form. What even was she, that the clothes that would reduce most women who wore these clothes into a restrictive walk and manner (as to not ruin the dress on one of the best days of their lives)… that she should not care about doing the oddest of movements and quickest of actions.

She would in turn say her name. It didn’t sound like a name people from Kumogakure usually had. Of course, so many people had unique names at this point that they could probably make something up, and it would be completely logical that there was someone out there who shared the same name.

Ayaka huh? I’ll have to try and remember that one, he thought to himself as he saw her keep going from calm, to excited, and back to calm again. These burst of energy seemed very pure and innocent for someone who carried a spear and liked to hunt.

She continued to intrigue him with her answers that seemed kind of cryptic at the moment. Maybe he could sweet talk what she meant in some later chats. Buttering her up seemed to be the best approach to getting things out of her.

”Well it’s nice to meet you, Ayaka,” the Nanjirou said, moving his hands completely to the side of him, before giving a small bow. ”If the meat is as tasty as you say, then I’m curious to see what we may find out there…” He wasn’t particularly into flowers, but if they found some somehow on this frozen mountain then so much the better.

She embraced him once more, returning the warmth that he had felt before. He was paralysed in some kind of nervous shock to the system. He… he wasn’t used to human contact. It was usually only Yuii that he would stick by. Otherwise it was just him, and Sunuke his ancestral spirit (who the author may have forgotten to add into the roleplay so will say that he’s hiding in the sword). Apart from that it was no one else.

”Y-yeah I-I’m more awake than I was. I-It was probably just the hunger, right?” He felt a hue of red on his face as he approached the mouth of the cave and looked out. Though some of the wind had died down, the ice and snow were still relentless out there.

Snow and ice shouldn’t stop us, should it? Do things still come out in this weather?” The Nanjirou asked, before turning back to look outside. He would also draw his sword, awakening his spirit from his slumber in the sword.

Sunuke the ghost would appear next to the Nanjirou, radiant in holy energy. He would see the new guest with them, only to turn around as well. If ghosts could blush, then a hue of red would appear on his face.

Outside wouldn’t be too much around. Maybe a creature ducking and diving through the snow here and there. Larger birds in the sky that were ready to pick off unfortunate animals that got caught in the natural traps of the mountain. Hopefully Ayaka would have more luck in finding something.

”Any advice on how we should hunt for something? The mountain’s treachery doesn’t look like it’ll make things any easier.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed that everything was going well so far! The guy was getting some warmth, she could see it in his cheeks and the hear it in way he was chatting to her. It was rather nice, if she was going to be honest. The dude however, also seemed rather confused, as if she was a leader and as if he was a follower… it might be one of the things she didn’t expect, but that also didn’t matter, as long as she was giving him warmth and he was going to help her find food.

Picking up her spear, the female grabbed his arm almost immediately and linked it with hers before walking out of the cave with him, as if she was a butler guiding the man or the lady of a very important house. This was to keep him nice and toasty, at least, until they find something to hunt. So for now, this will do.

“On how? Good question! I never thought of that!” Ayaka admitted before looking to Sunuke and biting her lower lip. “I just go around searching and if I find any, then great, if not, then boooo.” Ayaka chuckled softly as she then placed her head on his shoulder. If anything, she really was quite the flirtatious one, she didn’t mind though, anything to give Sunuke more heat!

Suddenly, a weird noise can be heard, it resembled an animal of some sort… It made Ayaka very excited, because it could be something that the both of them could hunt together! Ayaka wondered how his fighting skills would be, but she would leave her curiosity behind till the time comes, after all, they got to find the bloody thing first. She just hoped that it would be found in time.

Looking at her spear, the Kami chuckled to herself and then looked around. “Did you hear that, Sunuke?! Something must be around, we need to hunt it!” Ayaka chimed in excitement, looking to him with a big smile on her face.

Tomomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After consulting with Sunuke, he has elected to fail this contract search. The screenshot of the conversation between he and I is HERE. I have informed Minako to request incomplete search rewards since she was a contract moderator at the time of the search and put in effort as evidenced above. If there are any questions or concerns, please free to contact me ^^

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back