Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Pilgrimage [First! / Open]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The streets of Maruishi were bustling. It hadn't been but some days since Iwagakure and Maruishi agreed to let in the flood of refuges from the other nations into our cities. It was leading to an economic boom, of course. Merchants rose their prices to steal each Yen these people might have had. Inns and markets found themselves filled with foreigners fighting even for the chance to taste a highland daisy, something the cries acclaimed to be one of the best plants in all of Earth country. How stupid of them. None of that was any concern of Keita's.

All of these people knew not of the Fayth. The Jun wasn't going to be the eccentric priest who preached from a corner. No, he could do that at the Temple. He knew not why he was here. He hadn't taken so much as a step into the city in years. It was filled with bad memories. Old memories. The ones that one dreamed about their entire life and woke up in cold sweats about. The kind of memories that one focuses and acts their entire life upon. They lead Keita to becoming the first military Shaman leader, so it wasn't completely bad. But now wasn't a time about war. It was a time for peace.

Perhaps one of these foreigners might be the one to bring the Calm to the world.

[Poop intro post. Open for anyone to join!]

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maruishi… If there was something that Akari had to say about the place then it likely was the fact that when she wasn’t on duty the place felt incredibly uncomfortable to her. A brief glance at her side where the large canine had been walking reminded her of the source of her discomfort. It were those humans, those close-minded individuals who considered her existence a taboo and forced her to always keep the concern of her identity in the back of her head. The moment she arrived at one of the more commonly traveled streets Akari couldn’t help but notice the flood of refugees and travelers who had decided to seek their fortune within Tsuchi no Kuni.

“I haven’t never seen so many people, it’s like a chaotic ant nest.”

Whispering softly as her eyes wandered from one side to the other a sudden bark came from the dog beside her.

It certainly is pure chaos, but then again maybe that’s both a good and a bad thing. While it means there are more people to keep an eye on when you’re working it also has potential for containing people who might appreciate your friendship.

A faint chuckle escaped her lips while Akari stepped forwards and with a light spin of her heels turned to face the Inuzuka dog.

“Heh, friends? I doubt it will ever come to that Doggy. Besides I get all the friendship I need from you and my puppets.”

Her lips curved up into the faintest of smiles before she knelt down to caress the head of the dog who seemed quite pleased by the gesture of affection. However, Akari couldn’t shake of the look of concern in the dog’s eyes. While he appreciated the affection she showered him with Hakouro did believe that something like friendship might had not been a bad idea to pursue. In the end humans were social creatures and Akari despite her condition was still a human girl at heart.

“Could it be that you’re nervous?”

Noticing the bit of amusement in his tone Akari pouted in return to the taunt, shaking her head firmly at the canine. As if she was going to be nervous about making friends! Who did he assume her for, some shy and meek schoolgirl?! She was a Guardian, or commonly called one of the ANBU. There was simply no way that she was going to be hesitant in a situation like that.

“Of course I’m not, what do you think I am, an academy student?”

The dog snickered in amusement while he retaliated with a smug grin.

“You certainly look like the part.”

Oh boy, did her companion just literally call her a child? Despite being clearly aware of the fact that she looked like a child, an unlucky side-effect of being inflicted with her condition it didn’t change the fact she was already seventeen years old… Almost enough to be considered a woman!

“Take that back… I’m the embodiment of a youthful young lady!”

The Inuzuka dog barked in amusement, clearly aware that their conversation was being noticed by several of the refugees, some even stifling a laugh at seeing what appeared to be an Inuzuka talking to their pack member.

“Of course, and I’m a prince who will change into a hairy human if you kiss me.”

Hearing those barks the girl laughed in return while she climbed onto the large dog’s back and hugging his neck she replied with a smile.

“Alright Prince Doggy, let’s go home, I seen enough of the city today.”

Nodding his head in return the canine proceeded to dart along the streams of wandering refugees. Was there no way for him to get Akari to interact with others? In the end he genuinely believed that while it was pleasant to have her attention all for himself it would make her more happy to actually interact with others.

The sight of a man observing the crowds on his own stirred an idea inside Hakouro who grinned in mischief while charging toward the Shaman, barking loudly.

Large dog coming through! Prepare for evacuation!

If Keita didn’t succeed in getting out of the spot he was standing in within the few moments the dog had charged had him he would have found the dog crashing right into him while barking energetically. If not he’d likely have noticed the dog stopping right there with the small girl on his back swaying back and forth, exclaiming in surprise.

“Why did you speed up all of a sudden Doggy?!”

The Inuzuka barked happily as he nudged his snout toward the man, making Akari look up in confusion before her cheeks flushed up lightly in embarrassment.

Befriend attempt number 1 initiated

Akari however quickly looked from the stranger back toward the canine, her gaze repeating the pattern several moments before she spoke in a soft tone that hinted at her shyness.

“I-I’m sorry about his behavior just now Oji-san.”

The dog barked in retaliation while Akari glared back at the dog, replying in a curt tone.

“No Doggy, ‘befriending people’ isn’t done by pouncing them with a giant dog.”

The dog barked once more, seemingly amused by the counter while she looked at the man, a cursory gaze making her look for a headband of Iwagakure to see if he was a shinobi, or if he possibly was one of the refugees who came here recently. Her own headband was easily to spot, held in the form of a scarf around her neck.

“U-Umm I hope we aren’t disturbing you?”

Of course she was disturbing him, in the end ambushing him with a giant dog and then introducing herself seemed to fit the bill of a ‘disturbance’ very well.

“It seems he’s been rather eager to meet new people lately and the influx of strangers within the city has only stirred him into being more active than normally.”

The dog shook his head lightly in return. Silly girl was misunderstanding his intentions! He wanted her to befriend others!

---
(Since your profile isn't up yet I didn't know your attire (or if Akari could recognize you as a shaman~)
~Marked for training~

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One might have thought the man would have heard a dog over the cacophony of the city. One might have also thought wrong. It was too loud, and there were too many near-animalistic noises to really determine one animal from another.

Disgruntled yelps and shouts of people in the path of the dog was a different story. They were close enough for Keita to be able to actually discern, but by the time he had heard them it was too late. Appearing out of nowhere, some wolf-ish dog appeared, barking at him expectantly. Did it want food from the Jun? Keita didn't have any to give.

What was stranger, still, was that there was a girl sitting on him. It wasn't a practice that Keita had seen before, but it seemed feasible if one were light enough. The girl looked small enough to be able to, at least, and that wolf-dog didn't appear to be under any kind of strain.

"Yes?" Keita would air. Did they want something from him? The dog looked like he did, but was it intentional for them to stop by him?

"Uh...go. Shoo," the Shaman tried ordering it, less in a commanding tone and more in a confused one as the dog made his way towards Keita. The Jun was more focused on how the dog was acting, as it was the one coming towards him, He wasn't really one who connected with animals. Sure, he wasn't going to kick them and try to injure them, but he wasn't going to readily take care of them or try to befriend an animal. Naturally, the dog didn't listen and came towards his hand, nuzzling itself against the man's hand. Its moist nose was strange; Keita lifted his hand and wiped it against the poncho he wore over his general attire.

"I'm sure I'll manage," Keita would brush both the comment and the dog away, "a companion from the country -- as you sound it -- is always welcome company."

"Need you something from me? I should hope you wouldn't lie about it; I'd hate for you to get fleas."

WC 354

OOC: I should probably put that up, huh? Its in my OCR, I'll edit it into my profile now. Feel free to recognize him. Keita would have been a popular Shaman in Iwa.

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The lack of hostility in the man’s reaction made Akari let out a small sigh of relief at the knowledge she wasn’t going to have to deal with another unfortunate event like the one she experienced when she met Hakouro for the first time. Honestly she had become a lot more withdrawn and timid after that day, but who could blame her… nobody liked to be beaten up just because you tried to help someone and unknowingly committed a taboo. Nevertheless the fact he had yet to show such reactions and in fact remained rather calm and polite had left Akari a bit more comfortable than normally. Perhaps she’d be able to converse decently with this man? By the way… who was he actually? Another cursory gaze took in his features while she replied to his statement with a weak smile.

“Don’t worry, Doggy is free from flees and I try to preserve my lies-free condition at all times. Albeit every girl has their secrets so…”

It was only now she came to realize the identity of the man before her. How could she have not noticed it before… This was a shaman! Not just any shaman mind you, it was the head of their group, the big boss among the Shamans! She had heard about him before during the training camp she was in. What was his name again? Keitos, Kratos… Wait did that even sound Japanese? Ah right, it was Keita!

“I’m not sure what Doggy wanted Head Shaman Keita, well unless you count his stubborn attempts for me to interact with others a desire.”

The dog finally barked in agreement while at the same time shaking its body as if to prove there was not a single flee inside his fur. Not that it would be easily for him to get flees when he had become a living puppet, but still good thing that the mechanisms and contraptions within his body made him appear like a real canine.

At the same time Akari lightly patted Hakouro’s back, climbing off him while she thought about what to talk about. Typical Hakouro, charging her into a conversation and she didn’t have any idea what to talk about! In the end the only things she liked were puppets and pretty girls and she was fairly confident those two subjects weren’t really things worthy to discuss with strangers.

Not to mention this was a shaman, often one who was rather deep inside the religious aspect of the country and Akari had learned first-hand about how her existence was considered a taboo, an abomination so to speak. What in the world would have happened if this man discovered her identity? Would she be tied up at a stake and turned into torchwood? Actually she should have asked the old puppeteer to also make her heat-resistant rather than just water-proof.

“But I’m not really sure what to talk about… I seriously doubt you’d be interested in a conversation about puppets or pretty girls.”

The dog snickered in amusement, thinking that depending on her conversation partner the second subject might had been more popular than she assumed it to be. Still she had realized that she had yet to follow proper etiquette and introduce herself, what was kind of rude with her already knowing Keita’s name.

“Ah right~ My name is Akari, and Doggy’s name is Hakouro. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Honestly she had always imagined the Head Shaman to be an old bearded Ojii-san but the descriptions she had heard about him contradicted this. Was it because he was a genius or because she didn’t understood much about Shamanism? Perhaps it was both.

“Good job, you’re talking to a shaman without trembling like a frightened bunny being eyed by a hungry fox. Perhaps there is still hope for you.”

The dog barked in amusement, causing Akari to briefly roll her eyes at the dog’s comment before she turned back at Keita.

Think Akari… You need to find something to talk about, don’t go silent now…

But still it was difficult to think of something to talk about. Still this was a shaman so perhaps she’d be able to learn some things from him. In the end while she knew her existence was considered an abnormality she never really understood why it was considered a taboo.

“But if I did have need of something it likely would be your knowledge Keita-sama. You see, I been wondering about certain things about Tsuchi no Kuni’s culture, or their religion I guess and it are questions my parents find difficult to answer.”

Indeed, perhaps Keita would be a good source of knowledge for her to borrow? In the end she likely appeared like an innocent girl to him so perhaps she could find out why it was that Human Puppets were considered such a vile act. In her eyes being a Human Puppet had given her a second chance at living, and while the circumstances for Hakouro were sad he was still happy at this new existence he was granted. And yet people despised and feared their nature, something she had grown obvious toward when she was beaten up for trying to turn Hakouro into a living puppet. Then again perhaps this subject was a bit too dark to discuss? But that left only the subjects of puppets or pretty girls for them to talk about!

I could do with snuggling a puppet or a pretty girl right now… I’m getting nervous

And indeed, despite waiting for Keita’s response Akari felt herself growing a bit more nervous with the extended exposure to a conversation. She wasn’t used to interacting with others and it certainly was different from when she talked to her puppets or played around with Hakouro. This type of conversation was a lot more intimidating than she had expected it to be. But then again, perhaps it was going better than she had assumed? In the end he had yet to raise the torches and pitchforks.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The face that girl just made: she recognized him. It was a shame; anonymity was a nice thing to have. Perhaps that was why he came here. No, that wasn't it. As soon as he spoke of the Fayth, people would know he was himself. So, again, he was unsure of his rationale for visiting the city. Perhaps it was to see the Daimyo. No, that wasn't it either; he had no report for her, nor any personal reason for visiting the palace. It, then, had to be credited to the Old Ones who brought him here. Perhaps for this meeting, perhaps for another. Who knew their plans?

"Ah, so you recognize me, then. His doggedly attempts succeeded, then, would you not say?" Quick-witted social humour seemed to be something Keita was decent with, if the girl hadn't noticed. The dog's backs suggested its agreements with the Jun.

The girl seemed to be caught on the flea comment; a shame she didn't understand the idiom. It was a popular one, after all; it begged for one to wonder if none made similar comments on her and the large canine. The Jun would comment on that no further. Perhaps she'd realize what he had meant if she spent some time in the future pondering the meaning.

Puppets and girls. This girl might fit in perfectly with those in the country of Sand. Keita had little to do with either. Illusions were his specialty; there were many puppeteers within the country, and village, and possible even the city. If she wanted to talk about gear and the likes of their creations. Girls, Keita had little to do with; few were on his squadrons on the missions he did as a youth. He held no relationships with any. He couldn't really speak on that matter. If he wanted to converse with her on either matter, the conversation would be rather single-sided.

"The pleasure's mine, Akari and Hakouro," the Sennin would respond as social protocol went, bowing slightly as he did so. He was a public servant, and had to act as such. "And you would be correct; though, if you wish to discuss puppets and pretty girls, feel free to. I will try to follow."

"You're not familiar with the capital? You have not been before now? Maruishi, here, is the capital of the country. The village of Iwagakure, at the bottom of the mountains, has a symbiotic relationship, where we rely on each other for survival. It is mostly an a-religious place, but there are some places of worship; none of the Five any longer, though. Some followers of the Fayth are here. I'm not sure what else you would like to know." It was a brief lesson on the country, but this wasn't a classroom meant for the Spartans.

"Is there anything else you'd like to hea-- are you cold? You are shaking."

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Indeed, he’s a clever one that Doggy.”

Nodding her head with a smile while Hakouro barked in agreement to the compliment. However, it appeared her nervousness was easily noticed when Keita asked her if she was nervous, causing the cheeks of the girl to flush up lightly in embarrassment while shaking her head quickly in denial.

“N-Not cold, just nervous.”

It wasn’t really possible for her to get cold after all. Not only was she a living puppet but her body had a heating mechanism installed to create a fake sense of body-heat so all things considered it was impractical for her to get cold. Her gaze briefly turned downwards she seemed hesitant to continue. Was it really a wise idea to talk to the Head Shaman when she was something that was considered the vilest sort of abomination in the religion of their country? Her mentor had often warned her to remain careful about her identity, knowing that a zealous shaman might end up trying to destroy her vessel and keep her heart and consciousness trapped without a body forever. The mere thought of someone trying to destroy this body that the puppeteer had worked so hard on filled Akari with fear, arms wrapping around her body for a moment before she lowered them to her side.

“Ah no it’s not like that Keita-sama, I’m familiar with the area but…”

The dog barked once more, attempting to encourage her to continue speaking. For a moment it seemed Akari was left struggling in an attempt to gain the courage to speak when she finally did, her dual-colored eyes gazing into Keita’s while she waited for a reaction.

“I like to understand something about why the people of our country consider certain things a taboo. But then again maybe it’s inappropriate to speak about such things here in the open.”

It clearly was difficult for her to find the right words, but then again she couldn’t just go ‘Hey I’m a Human Puppet and I want to know why you guys hate me enough to turn me into wood for the campfire’. No she had to approach this more carefully, but then again maybe she’d best turn the focus of the conversation elsewhere? It appeared Keita had not much experience with puppets or girls so it appeared both sources would serve as an ill-chosen subject for a conversation.

“But then again… I think you of all people might know such answers. In the end if the medical techniques of our village had been as advanced as they are now back ‘then’ I might had been cured of the Blood Mirror.”

To Keita those words might had been a big hint. In the end the Blood Mirror syndrome had been a severe malady that had claimed the lives of nearly all the victims that were found in the headquarters of the Eyes Cult and even cost the life of one Shaman who was assassinated for nearly finding a cure for the malady. In the end only two patients were recorded to have survived, an old man who was still suffering from it, and a young girl whose medical reports stated one of her eyes got cured without treatment, something almost akin to a miracle.

“Ah~ I apologize for ranting… I’m not that good with social interactions.”

Fear, nervousness… Why couldn’t she just drop into her serious ANBU nature? Still it would be wrong to say it was as easy as pulling a switch. Right now she wasn’t a guardian but a vulnerable girl who was trying to understand why most of the people within her country despised an existence like her.

Don’t worry Akari, before anyone be allowed to harm you they have to get past my fangs and claws.

The reassuring barks of the canine made Akari smile briefly while nodding her head lightly in return. At least she wasn’t alone, she had her friend Hakouro with her and he was certainly not going to let anything happen to her. A moment of consideration followed as Akari thought about what she was going to do next. She could easily try to change the subject but then again she really wanted to understand why her existence was considered a taboo.

“Of course if you’re too busy to discuss such a thing I understand. It’s just that those questions have weighted heavily upon my mind.”

Not that there was much burden to carry there when she was a puppet, not like her head was filled with brains, and if it was it likely would have been full of fluff and other silliness. A sigh came from Hakouro as he lightly nudged his muzzle against Keita’s hand, trying to suggest for him to act. It was impolite to keep a young lady waiting so restlessly!

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Quite," the Jun nodded in agreement. Her conversation was rather lacking. She seemed hesitant to say something, or to be around him. It felt like she was skipping over some kind of point she wanted to say but feared the outcome. Much like a child considering admitting to some wrong-doing of their's.

"Oh, but so cold! Tell me, where are your nerves?" If something bothered the girl, and that was her reason, Keita hadn't any qualms with assisting her. Maybe that was his reason for coming to the city. The wolf-dog seemed excited. Keita would glance to it after its back before returning his attention to the girl.

"Taboos? More in Iwagakure than here; here is a modern place. The Shaman of Iwagakure fear those who might have used dark arts on their body as a failed means to reach teleos -- a success at the antiteleos. It is a means of reaching the power of a god, but brings one ultimately to fail at it. The Old Ones fell those whom seek suck immediate means of power. Here, within Maruishi and the country, people show more apathy towards such; there might be some that fear those individuals due to their abnormalities, but such is normal human conduct. People fear power they cannot themselves understand. People fear what they, themselves, cannot attain; its our reason for reverence of the Old Ones. Its the reason the Five have a small following: mastery of elements is possible."

"Be open of your speech; else we are closed in all else!" Keita shouted louder than he had before. Many of the people who were walking past the two stopped for a moment and glanced at the man, who seemed not to notice such before continuing on their way.

"The Blood Mirror syndrome..." Keita had indeed known about it. He was part of the Shaman then, back before he had attained power. People knew he followed Medic ideals then; he was responsible for examining the body and seeing about a cure. None was ever made. "People thought it to be the first Sin. If only were it; now would be the great Calm."

"Were I busy, it would be only with daily rites within the Temple. Now is fine, young one, as is any time. The Old Ones brought us together today, so let us make this meeting true to its fateful nature."

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It appeared that her thought to ask Keita about the subject had indeed been correct. Despite the fact that within Iwagakure the existence of a Human Puppet was considered taboo the people of Maruishi were a lot more open-minded in their opinions about such ‘dark arts’. After remaining silent for a moment Akari chuckled briefly at his question where her nerves might had been before she replied, her lips curving up into a smile.

“I’m afraid I have long lost my nerves Keita-sama.”

Perhaps it wouldn’t hurt to talk to Keita about her secret. In the end if the Head of the Shaman community thought like this then perhaps not all hope was lost. Stepping a bit closer she looked up at him once more and raised a hand, pointing at her crimson colored eye.

“Shikino Akari, it’s my full name… I’m one of the two survivors of the Blood Mirror.”

Her smile turned more sorrowful for a moment while she lightly placed her hand into Keita’s trying to guide him along the road to what appeared to be a smaller plaza that seemingly was less traversed but still in the open, far enough from the crowds for them not to be overheard.

“You mentioned that people here are more open-minded toward things like this so I guess it’s safe to tell you. The reason why I’m so nervous is because my existence is considered taboo by the people of Iwagakure.”

Turning her gaze sideways she whispered softly, her hands balding up into small fists.

“The Blood Mirror is a scary thing… Our sight is twisted beyond recognition and all living things look like monsters. In the years I spend as a victim of the syndrome I became unable to interact with others as a result. My only company were the puppets I crafted or Kuma-sensei who taught me about how to be a puppeteer.”

For a moment she paused, the memory of what unfolded that day returning to her mind like vivid images.

“One day I saw myself in the mirror and the sight of the monster I saw back then terrified me so much the only thought that lingered in my mind was that I needed to escape from being a monster, of being trapped in that crimson realm. Since only puppets remained to look normal to me I ended up desiring to become one myself.”

She paused for a moment, taking a deep breath before she continued.

“In the end thanks to Kuma-sensei’s aid I was able to be given a chance to finally live normally. While the body you see before you might be that of a puppet I feel more alive than I would have ever been while burdened with the Blood Mirror.”

Gesturing at the Inuzuka dog she soon continued her explanation, a hand briefly resting on her chest.

“Hakouro was just like me… He was born with a weak body and when he was dying I tried to help him to cheer up his family by making him like me but… Those people called us monsters and instead of being grateful they beaten me up. It’s because of their reactions I became afraid of the village, thinking that if anyone knew my identity they would hate me just like them, and maybe do something worse than beating me up…”

She couldn’t understand it… Slowly droplets of water started to drip down the corner of her eyes, tears that slowly flown down her cheek while she asked him, a clear honesty and sorrow in her tone.

“Why is it that I’m considered a monster just because I wanted to live like everyone else? Am I really evil for having tried to help Hakouro like I did? I might have a different body than everyone else but I still hold feelings, thoughts and dreams like everyone else, yet why is it that I’m considered inferior to them, an abnormality that doesn’t even have the right to exist?”

Despair started to overwhelm her, and slowly the sound of sobbing came from her while the large Inuzuka dog rested its head against her leg, trying to reassure her that she wasn’t alone.

“I-I’m sorry for this unsightly display.”

Despite her apologize the sound of the girl’s cries had finally subdued a little, trying to wipe the tears from her eyes while she looked up at Keita.

“Whether I reach Teleos or not doesn’t matter to me, but at least now I was given the chance to live normally like everyone else. So why can’t people try to understand me?”

The Inuzuka dog laid itself down at Akari’s side, seemingly content by simply observing the conversation. It appeared he had a good nose for finding conversation partners for his pack members. Now to hope things would continue going well.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Then why be nervous, young one? Anxiety is for those who have something to fear; anxiety is for those who do not understand." Keita understood at once. The Blood Mirror syndrome, the disease this girl had been afflicted with, as she claimed, ate at one's body and mind. They took upon the traits of various bloodlines, caused by some kind of genetic mutation. It weakened them to the point where their body cannot support itself.

This surrogate body provided her a means of living. Her action wasn't that of seeking power: it was seeking survival.

Akari, huh? A bright child, dulled only by this dark secret. A shame, really. Should her secret be found out by others -- purists -- within Iwagakure, she'd find death as her next companion. Keita's open stance towards the subject of kinjutsu wasn't something well known, nor would it be, lest he meet the same fate this one might. Keita had caused one revolution, he was not like to have a second in his lifetime.

She started crying. Why? Possibly the emotional stress of her situation. It was something distressing her enough for her to risk asking Keita for help. As the Jun of the Shaman, had he not held this stance towards the subject, she risked serious punishment, quite possibly death or exile. Keit didn't deal with crying. He wasn't used to it. He didn't want to be used to it. The puppet-master who made this body for her was skilled, as to allow for artificial tear ducts and an overall realistic body. Keita would not have determined this secret should he not have been told.

"This 'Kuma' was a skillful artist; if you agree, why would you risk damaging it with salt and water? End this water show, you are fine. There are only few within Iwagakure that would refuse you, I am not one of them; though I would suggest it remain a fact you disclose to few. It takes but a bird's song for a revolution; it takes but a secret revealed for a death."

"The antiteleos is said to be the fate for those whom seek the dark arts of bodily modification for the pursuit of power; you sought it as a means to live. There may be hope for you yet, and yet it is the Old Ones who would know with finality. The Rites of the Five is the means by which one might speak to them within the Temple, an act taught only to those who become Shaman; we are crafted by the Old Ones' words, they are our strength, but our beliefs are our owns. There will be those who will understand you and there will be those who consider you a demon. Armour yourself with those whom you yourself might trust to open your shell; use them are the shield who would try to force their way to."

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“M-My body is Water-proof and won’t rust from something like crying.”

Yet it seemed that the head shaman’s attempt to make her stop crying had worked for a moment later the tears finally subdued and a weak smile remained on her lips. His words were wise when it came upon the matter of keeping her identity a secret. In the end despite the fact his stance seemed neutral toward the matter it was clear not everyone within the village thought like that. Nodding her head firmly in return her smile finally brightened in nature while she replied with a sheepish grin.

“Besides if tears made me rust then I’d become unable to enjoy a good old soak in a hot spring.”

Indeed some might had thought that all those modifications that her mentor had done to ensure her body remained as human-like as possible had all been silly things, mechanisms and contraptions better spend on creating traps and upgrades to make her more powerful but like Keita had mentioned what she sought wasn’t power but a chance to be alive.

“Thank you Keita-sama, your words reassured me a little and made me look a bit more hopeful toward our society.”

Making a light bow of gratitude the girl looked down at the Inuzuka dog who lazily nodded his head in agreement.

See, I got a good nose for intelligent humans, this one has the brains to know it’s not the power but the user who decides if something is good or bad.

Such words of wisdom, maybe her doggy should have become a shaman someday! Still there was something Akari noticed during the conversation, the fact that she was speaking rather politely toward Keita.

“Still it sounds awkward to call you so politely, I mean I know you’re a really important person to our society but…”

A momentary pause followed before a bright innocent smile surfaced on her lips as she nodded her head lightly.

“I believe Kei-kun would be a lot more suitable~ Don’t you agree Doggy?”

Hakouro snickered in amusement at the chosen nickname, rising himself onto his feet while he barked excitedly.

“That’s totally o-KEIy with me”

It was clear the dog was having fun with the teasing, snickering like some sort of fictional villain might have done. Good thing his name wasn’t Muttly. Seemingly considered the earlier subject about her identity settled Akari turned to look at the streets nearby the plaza and addressed Keita once more.

“There’s a lot of people those days. My mom says they are refugees from other countries… I wonder what happened that driven them all to come here, do you happen to know what led them to leave their homeland?”

It was a curious thought the girl held, the idea of all those people having been made to leave their country but she couldn’t even imagine what in the world could have driven them to leave behind their homeland. It must had been something rather serious if it had driven them all the way to Tsuchi no Kuni.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Then waterproof your eyes!" The girl saw that she could trust Keita with her secret. It was a dangerous one, but everyone had their own. So long as the puppet didn't flaunt her condition in the face of the other leaders, she would survive.

"Had they not, I would not be where I am now," he'd return on her compliment. "Now then, if you are at ease, I take it you did not come to Maruishi solely to confess this to me. Where is it you would like to go?"

The girl brought up the subject of nicknames. Kei? Really? That sounded feminine at best; Keita was a man, obviously. He couldn't have such a girly name put to him, if any name that wasn't his true one. Names had power, names had meaning behind them. Keita could not have a false one put to his identity. He'd answer her request more simply than he had talked all before: "No."

"Would you like to find out with me? I believe that was why I came to the city. I was going to seek some others and find the truth for myself."​

Uchiha Akari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Keita-kun it is then.”

Smiling from ear to ear the girl nodded her head in approval while the dog made a short bark in return. What a party-pooper, a name like Kei would have been such fun to tease him with but oh well, at least he’d cut him some slack as a form of gratitude for listening to Akari’s story. Still when the subject was raised about discovering the reason why all those refugees wandered into Tsuchi no Kuni Akari was quick at forgetting the initial subject of their conversation, instead nodding her head eagerly at the idea of finding out what had driven those people away from their homeland.

“That’s a good idea, let’s go and find out what caused those people to drift toward our country.”

She was after all still a child at heart, and with that came an innocent curiosity that was easily excitable by the smallest of things. Hakouro at the same time seemed less interested in finding out about the source of what driven all those people to come here, as long as he stayed around Akari and ensured she was safe that was all that mattered.

“I don’t mind if you’re heading onto a little exploration trip, but don’t get yourself in a mess.”

The girl nodded her head lightly at the dog’s barks, seemingly aware of the fact that she would have to ensure her identity remained hidden, lest she’d risk having her secret discovered and an unfortunate ending await her.

“Where shall we go first Keita-kun?”

A smile lingering on her lips Akari looked around the streets, wondering what sort of plan the man had in mind. Were they going to just approach one of those strangers in the crowd or did he intend to go to a specific location in order to learn what was troubling those people? If Akari’s guess was to be correct it would likely end up being the latter. In the end there were plenty of ways to meet the refugees, for example by patrolling the gates one could easily talk to them. Was this Keita’s plan? Whether it was the case or not it appeared Akari and Hakouro were ready to follow her should Keita decide to depart toward their new location.

(short post is short but since we're only moving locations~)

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Oh excellent! I've wanted a companion for some time!" Keita grinned in some kind of odd excitement, much like how a child might when told of receiving some reward such as a toy for no apparent reason or spending a day at a park. There was things to see and people to do...wait, Keita had that wrong. Whatever, though, he'd have it done like that instead today.

The travelers would only give their stories of sorrow and woe. Of how their homeland was ravaged by something or someone -- or whatever in the Old Ones happened to it -- and would seek for votes of sympathy when there was none. They came to the country to look for a new life; dwelling on their old would not find them such a prize.

"I know! There is a man who is said to soon take the mantle of our kage; he would know, I think!" Keita took the hand of his companion and began running, pulling the puppettic-girl and the dog with him. "Come now! Let us see him!"

Soon, they would see the man. Soon, Keita hoped (and yet had some kind of feeling that his hope would be proven successful) that the mystery of this migration might be soon learned by the two. They had no reason to learn the reasoning -- well, Keita, if needed to might come up with an argument on the top of his head for adequate reason -- for the migration; but for them, there was no reason the leaders of the country might hide such. It couldn't be a mystery to all; some must know something, and something is what the two wanted.

[Topic left with Akari]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back