Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Point Blank [Tutor/Hira]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri held his arms sidewards, stretching as far as he could. He leaned back, standing wide feet apart and inhaled deeply. He glanced over to the slowly moving clouds overhead and the perpetually overcast skies of Kumogakure. It was a lovely morning for the living.

Slowly, Uri would lower his hands and turn around. In this expanse of land amidst the forest, a few creatures were already down for the count, namely a couple of large horned amalgamations of boars and a mutated wolf. There were reports of wild sightings recently, and he was given the task to clear the forest. He started quite early that day, but that wasn’t the reason why it was fast.

Upon turning around, Uri would tilt his head as he looked towards the other that had accompanied him for the hunt. Ever since that time a few nights ago, this so called kid had been hanging around him. Of course, he knew exactly why and it made him feel conflicted about it. Shuuten said it would help him train and gain better control of his power, but sometimes it also felt like a burden. Wait, wasn’t that the point? To learn to actually assess his own capabilities to the point of working well with others?

“Are you keeping up?” asked Uri as he walked across the field and stopped short in front of Hirateuchi. He took out a flask from his messenger bag and offered it to the other. “Here, have some tea. It’s brewed from fine herbs that relaxed the chakra points in the body. It’ll help you get good control of your chakra with minimal effort.”

That’s right, this person in front of him signed that contract with Shuuten to be part of the secret that is his identity. And in doing so, he was like a babysitter. But to make him an effective one, Uri had to make sure that he grew strong enough to withstand his flames.

[MFT]
[WC: 327]
[Post: 1/5]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira took the flask reluctantly from Uri, taking a few timid sips before handing it back. He knew that if he were to grow any stronger, he would have to put up with this chore for now, but he still wasn't entirely thrilled with the concept of having to babysit the man that had nearly burned him to a crisp. He knew that in the long run being able to withstand his flames was ultimately bringing him closer to reaching his goal, but still...

"Yeah, yeah. I'm keeping up just fine. You know just cause your flames are stronger than my water right now doesn't mean I'm helpless. I'd almost put a bet that I can control my chakra better than you can right now. Why do you think your man had me stick around?"

Hira pouted before stretching his arms up and letting out a sigh. For the time being the only thing he could do was make the best of the situation and try and get stronger. All those years struggling to find his strength led to this, and it would be pathetic to pass up the opportunity.
He looked out to the many bodies with a slight frown. I know I'm supposed to be getting stronger, but this is...

A leaf cracking, the air restless.

Hira turned around and created a torrent of water from his mouth, spewing out and swallowing up a beast that had been sneaking behind. This mission would never prepare him for the intellect that another shinobi brought to the table, or the sheer force for that matter. He began to mumble to himself before speaking aloud once again.

"How is this helping us anyways? We're both too strong for these things. We should be training against jutsu, against real attacks...

[Post 1/5, WC 298/1500]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There were some things that were better avoided, especially when it came with Uri’s moods. He took the assignment of this forest clearing, not just for training, but also to get his mind off from Shuuten’s leaving. And now, just as he was trying to be kind to the guy that was supposed to help him in some way, the other just decides to get all bad with him. A nerve popped. He didn’t bother with one creature trying to make for a quick stealthy attack agains the other. Instead, he let his deep red eyes glare at the lad.

The arrogance… Uri moved faster than his body could even register it. He closed in on the distance between them and shoved the other from behind with a firm push. He was somehow fuming mad so quickly it was definitely one of his mood swings. But perhaps it was also because of the way the other had talked down on him just earlier. Nevertheless, he glared at the other long enough for the pregnant pause to make itself known and suffocating.

“Oh trust me, you’re far from strong,” said Uri, not pulling back from the bite in his words, “If anything, you’re just a burden to me. And Shuuten just wants me to know how it feels to have a large paperweight tailing me around because that’s what most of the missions will be from here on out if I were to be on my own.”

He threw the flask back into his messenger bag. Goodwill lost, he didn’t seem have the appetite for today’s mission. As he turned around and walked past the corpses, one by one, they ignited in blue flames. The flames spread fast, burning through skin, hide, and bones until a scorched ashen mark on the ground was left, before the lick of flames disappeared. Even if it was a menial chore, he always treated it as something serious. Because when one gets complacent, that’s when they show their weakness.

[WC: 334 + 327 = 661]
[Post: 2/5]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While Hira winced at the insult thrown at him, he couldn't help but grin in satisfaction at the irony of the situation. He let out a small chuckle before letting in swell into a full blown fit of laughter. He bent over trying to catch his breath as he watched Uri walk away with flames following suit.

"You don't even get it, do you Uri. I'm not here because I'm stronger than you. I'm here because you're weaker than me. You have a weak will, and an even weaker control of your emotions. If you can't control your rage you are worse than an academy student at your fellow shinobi's back. You are a liability to the team."

Hira calmed down, letting his smile dim down to a frown. It was clear that this was a subject that hit him hard as well, as he had insecurities with his ability to protect those around him. Maybe Hira was prone to getting complacent when it came to lower-level missions, but he wasn't about to let Uri become complacent with the duty of being a shinobi. It was too important to him to simply let go, and even it caused a rift to form between the two, even if it ended in another fight, he was determined to get his point across. He wouldn't let another shinobi fail the same ways he had.

"Yeah, I'm a paperweight compared to your brute force, but you're the same thing to Shuuten as you are right now. If you can't control your anger and your power, you'll never be anything but a nuisance to him. Just a paperweight." Hira looked onward knowing full well that he may be crossing a line that he could not recover from, considering the man's already blistering temper, but he stood firm and awaited what he only assumed would be an even deeper rage.

[Post 2/5, WC 314; Total WC 612]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even before the words could escape Hira’s lips, Uri had already stopped dead on his tracks. He felt the surging rage inside his heart, ebbing like a great tide ready to commit a terrible sin. And a the drop of Shuuten’s name, it felt so surreal. He held his breath as he turned to face the other instantly, and dashed across with lightning speed. Blue flames burst before him at every step, dispersing at every heartbeat after. And with all intent, the same blue flames would gather around his arms like a veil until he would collide with Hira, him coming to a stand still. If the other would be jolted back, he didn’t pursue. He stood his ground.

There were so many things running through his head that he didn’t know what to do. So many words that wanted to be said, yet he could barely keep up. So many feelings of hatred and anger and pity that it was all piling up. And yet, he remained standing with his eyes in fury, red color slowing sparking with hints of blue flame. He let out his held breath after a long while and allowed himself to calm down. Closing his eyes for a brief moment, he willed the tempting hand that caressed his heart to stop.

“Did Shuuten leave you with this mongrel? How absurd,” Chika’s voice flitted across his mind, but he ignored it even when there was a tinge of anger that lingered because of it. “Shouldn’t have held back and burned him to ash that night. Then both you and Shuuten wouldn’t have to worry about any evidence and this ridiculous predicament could have been avoided.”

Uri flexed his fingers, clenched, and then open. The blue flames that surrounded him didn’t disappear yet it didn’t seem to go wild. Instead, It seemed more like an aura for the moment. His expression, one of anger, slowly softened until he seemed to be apathetic. “Paperweight? Whatever. He never did think of me as a monster, but that’s where he’s wrong. I’m a weapon for this village. I only need to rage when told to do so and that’s all that matters.”

Turning around once more, Uri continued to walk, the mantle of blue flames draping behind him like a veil or cape. And briefly, an image of a woman hovering behind and embracing him was seen before the image collapses into licks of flame in his wake. “If you want to do other things, then go. I don’t need you around.”

[WC: 423 + 661 = 1,084]
[Post: 3/5]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira simply watched as Uri's rage ebbed and flowed like a monstrous torrent of chakra, materializing itself as monstrous blue flames around him. It wouldn't do any good to block, he thought to himself. He knew by now that Uri was much more powerful than him. Instead, Hira looked onward with a grin larger than ever, and a look in his eyes that almost bordered on worrying. Yes that's it... show me all of that rage. Show me what it is that makes you so hated, what it is that makes you so powerless! Before even finishing the thought, Hira was lifted off the ground and shot backwards into a dense tree from the impact of Uri's attack, a few drops of blood splattering from his mouth to find a new home on the dense forest floor.

Hira struggled to lift his arm up, creating a small sphere of water just over the impact where his kimono had been scorched to dust, beginning a long a grueling process towards healing his own wound. With some effort in between coughs, Hira called out weakly to the shinobi whom had already turned his back and began to walk away.

"Yeah, walk away Uri. Just like you wanted to the other night. Just like the village will when they see the monster you truly are. just like Shuuten will when he see's how little importance you put in his plans." Hira coughed up more blood, this time covering himself more than intended, leaving stains on his clothes. "He cares about you enough to get me to help you and you just throw it back in his face. Yeah, I'm weak. I don't need you to tell me that. I've been reminded of that enough in my life. But this is supposed to be a partnership. I need you so that I can get stronger, but you need me before you forsake those closest to you for this beast you hide away. Don't let it take over, Uri."

Hira began to stand up, only to fall to his knee, the damage done evident on every feature of his body and face. All he could do was look on and hope his words would somehow cut through.

[Post 3/5, WC 372; Total WC 984]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Each word that dripped from the other’s lips was like poison. It hurt so much because despite what he tries to show, Uri understood. He didn’t have to know it. He felt it, every moment he’d been living in Kumogakure. Sometimes, Shuuten would even have a hard time getting through to him when his mind closes off the world. And sometimes, sleeping alone in the bathroom would be more comforting than anything else.

But as he heads the other cough, a pang of guilt eats at him. He stops his walk and takes in a few deep breaths. He closes his eyes and let the flames burn within him as the blue veil disperses into the air. Sometimes, control was the last thing he needed, but the very thing he coveted. Like a fleeting dream always teasing him but never really reaching out to him.

Did he truly calm down? No one could tell, not even him.

He turns around and watches Hira by the tree. His gaze was one of apathy but his irises fell towards the floor as if thoughts began to wash over him. Slowly, he began to walk back. He didn’t make a sound, not a word, and not even a surge of chakra in him. Stopping just before Hira, he avoided the other’s eyes as if it were something he detested. Then, he knelt on one knee before grabbing one of Hira’s arms and placing it over his shoulders. With one quick movement, not so gentle after all, he lifts the other from the ground and supports him while standing.

Still, he remains quiet as he began to walk with the other. The mid-afternoon sun was already leaving hints of darkening orange in the sky, and soon enough, the night sky would greet them. The mission would take a few days, but he never did intend to return home until then.

With a firm grip on the other’s waist, it was more of an unconscious movement as he lead the way. To find a safer place, to find a tree to lay him at, and probably to start a fire for the night. He didn’t know. All Uri could think about was that he knew the feeling of being abandoned and he never did like it, so why should he make this annoying man experience it?

[WC: 392 + 1,084 = 1,476]
[Post: 4/5]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira struggled to keep up with Uri as he dragged him along, every step soliciting a wince of pain as he realized just how much of a power gap there still was between the two of them. That hit had really gotten him good, but he couldn't help but smile all the same as he looked down at the ground, their journey a quiet one asides from the sounds of nature. As they reached a quiet alcove, Uri would presumably leave Hira to rest on a stump or other such supportive ground. Hira watched Uri with some annoyance, true; the man was conceited and had no sense of when he was pushing things too far, but that also gave him a certain charm.

Either way Hira was happy, for the first time maybe since the incident all those years ago. It was a small victory, but in a way he had saved somebody. Not from outside danger but from themselves. He knew that he would have to stick around and keep working on things, diffusing this one instance of anger wasn't enough to completely change the fire-user. But perhaps in time he could make a difference.

"Hey Uri... I need you to understand I'm on your side. i didn't mean to be so insensitive but I had to get the point across. Next time you feel that rage coming up, just know you can turn to me too.

[Post 4/5, WC 238; Total WC 1,222]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Settling Hira down to lean by a supporting surface, Uri glanced back out the alcove. He could tell that the surroundings have, more or less, gotten quite silent and calm. Perhaps the creatures in question were taking their time, trying to assess the hunters now that their fellow beasts fell quite so easily, and not even leaving a trace save for scattered ashes.

Just the, Hira spoke, making Uri turn to face him. With those words, he felt a little conflicted. Somehow they reminded him of the way Shuuten was when they began. That straightforwardness of his… but the latter had the strength to back it up. Uri looked down at the thought of the memory as he slowly approached the resting Hira. He then took off his messenger bag and lay down on the ground before he, himself, decided to sit right next to Hira. He was silent for a bit of time, sighing more loudly than anything.

And then, he reached a hand to flick Hira on the head before he closed his eyes as he leaned against the other. “You talk too much for someone brittle. Get stronger already. I don’t want to break you.” He slumped and seemed to lean more on Hira than normal, and with a yawn, he added, “Give me five minutes. I need a nap.”

[WC: 223 + 1,476 = 1,699]
[Post: 5/5]
[Topic Ended. Left Unless Stopped]

Hirateuchi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hira just looked over as Uri rested against him. It seems the man truly did get tired once in a while. He grinned slightly as his small victory today, and laid his head back to rest. He focused his chakra as water began to flow from the ground near the entrance of the alcove, forming long bars and spikes before beginning to freeze over. At least I can do this much while he rests... Hira thought to himself as he created an admittedly shabby security system so that he too could fall asleep without too much worry. Night had overtaken the forest, darkness engulfing all paths, and it was better to have at least some form of protection, however minimal it might have been.

He almost couldn't help but chuckle at how fast Uri had seemed to turn around. It wasn't much, but from almost killing him multiple times to this... It was a bit humorous. He spent some amount of time placing water onto his wound, letting his healing chakra wash over it and renew the damaged area. He was lucky that he knew how to do this otherwise they really could have been in trouble this far out with no help. It was gonna be a slow process but it seemed they would be stuck there for some time to come, so it was as good a time as any. With any luck, by the time Uri woke up he would be ready to move out again.

Making sure Uri was asleep, Hira whispered to himself. "Don't you worry, I don't plan on being brittle for long. Not this time..." With that Hira closed his eyes and let his mind slip into a peaceful slumber, waiting for the moment they would continue they're mission into the wilderness.

[Post 5/5, WC 299; Total WC 1,521]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back