Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Pondering the future [Open]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kesnhin sat on top of the famous landmark feet crossed. The sun has just risen and he was just relaxing after his morning workout. The morning air was warm and mellow. There was not a cloud in the sky and it looked to be a gorgeous day.

Still, Kenshin wondered about the future his own and the village. There was structure at last among the higher ups. Still it was a long way from what it used to be. Someday he hoped to see Leaf shine. He played a role but was it enough? It was hard to say and hard to judge.

It was quiet mornings like this that stirred up morose thoughts but the quiet allowed him to think.

Kenshin took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. A clean mind to start a new day.

Nyura Katawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Pondering the Future :: I

Word Count: 361</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#008040">
— Previous Thread

The day had been long, but well worth the trouble. It'd been the first time she felt liberated for quite a while, and her mind wandered freely as she proceed through the town. Paying little mind to the ruckus of everyday life, she'd blend in with the crowds with her eyes set upon the iconic sculptures upon the rock face. Pursing her lips slightly in thought she'd nod in affirmation, shifting her course for the monoliths in the distance. Moving through narrow alleys and up and over fences, with the occasional shout of a villager calling after her to keep out. Eventually reaching the staircase, she'd sigh softly casting her head toward the ground as she shut her eyes.

"
That's a lot of stairs..." she muttered softly as she remain statuesque in her stance, soon after arching upward and clutching her fingers in on her palms. "...no use waiting!" With a series of strides Nyura would begin to scale the extensive obstacle in front of her, feet pattering against the stone for what seemed like ages. Winded at the halfway point, and debating to stop and admire the view she cast aside the thoughts and continued, her pace increasing and heavy breathing more so. It took nearly eight minutes for her to arrive at the summit; weak in the knees and coughing hard in response to pushing herself to the limit. Attempting to collect herself and return oxygen to her lungs, Nyura rose both arms up and behind her head, interlacing her fingers in her matte of hair. Crisp blue eyes waivered over the scene, taking note of a visitor nearby.

Deciding it fair, given his appearance, to greet him; Nyura Katawa brought herself forward with a shaky breath and sweat beaten brow to respectfully bow within view. Her arms set at her sides and torso shifting down about fifty degrees before rising and returning to a neutral stance. Her appearance was somewhat frazzled after a couple hours of manual labor, but her blonde hair was picked up by the breeze, flowing absently as she turned to survey the village with an awestruck gaze, her lips curling slowly into a grin.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem that he would have company. It makes sense this is the best view of the village.

Kenshin's silver hair gleamed in the sunlight, cut short for simplicity. From his sitting position, he would bow slightly.

"Good morning. I do not believe we have met. I am Yuu Kenshin. I see so many students that I lose track of names. I do apologize." Kenshin would say as he stood up himself. Standing at 5'8 he was wearing his simple black work out outfit of pants and a shirt. Attached to his hands were his ever present gauntlets. "What brings you up here? I use this place to look over the village. A place to relax and to train." Kenshin would ask simply.

Nyura Katawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was not necessarily the most talkative member of the academy, but she definitely was outgoing when she chose to be. Turning her head slightly to address him properly, pale blue eyes meeting his she'd speak up over the audible breeze that rolled over them at their altitude.

"My name is Nyura of the Clan Katawa; perhaps you've heard of my family?"

This inquiry was subtle, but it was clear to even the younger shinobi that her family were either not influential to any degree or hardly existed to begin with. She seemed confident in her statement however, a youthful arrogance to her true inheritance. Pursing her lips for a moment she'd follow up his question with a few comments of her own.

"It's truly a beautiful sight, that's for certain. I thought it'd be worth climbing the steps to see; I think this may be my first time seeing everything from up here..." she'd pause for a moment, looking off into the distance at the busy streets and cityscape bellow. "...empowering feeling to be honest."

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo’s quarry had gotten away from him once again. It was starting to become frustrating and he was sure it showed upon his face. Whoever this stalker was, he needed to find a way to trap him so he could not escape, and how was he escaping so easily.

Getting down from Hokage rock could be an interesting training opportunity but Manzo decided to take the simple stairs. He was in no mood to train by himself at the moment. Right now, his frustrations wanted to him something. Perhaps he would be able to find someone to spar with back at the academy training grounds.

He was so engrossed in his sour mood that he did not realize that he was about to walk into a pair of people. Surprised that someone would be on top of Hokage rock at this time of day, after all it was not a common hang out spot.

”Oh, Hi, sorry for interrupting just didn’t see you there.”

Nyura Katawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shifted her posture slightly at the audible rustling of fabric in the wind approaching from nearby. Hitching a leg up onto a small boulder nearby for a bit of traction and ease of mind at their height, Nyura briefly inspected his appearance from his feet upward, making eye contact with the young shinobi in front of her. He seemed the brooding type, it was apparent by the expression fixed over his face, a certain tension and unease in his stature. Hearing him speak up altered the caricature that she'd cast on him; none the less she'd greet him with a short wave of her hand and a prominent smile.

"Afternoon." she stated bluntly, giving a short nod of her head as she decided to speak further. "You're not interrupting, we're just admiring the view."

Finishing her statements, she'd motion off into the distance to the sprawling city bellow.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would get a little lost looking over the scene before looking back to the now two people he was sharing the top of the rock with. Another young one. Good to see that they were growing up. They would need to if they were going to join the the fight for Leaf. Once they graduate, Kenshin rarely sees them. Good to know they are still alive.

"Hello there. You were not interrupting. I am Yuu Kenshin instructor and Sennin of the main branch. I was simply relaxing after my morning workout. What brings you up here?" Kenshin would ask his voice cool and collected.

"I have heard of your family in passing Miss Nyura. I expect great things from you. To both of you, I am simply curious. If we were to be attacked from the outside, by say a group of rouge ninja, what would be the best measure to counter them? Defense? Offense? I know you are no longer students but if you were to humble me, I would appreciate it."

Life was full of tests some important and some benign.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon hearing that they were just enjoying the view, Manzo took a moment to look out and saw that it was an enjoyable view. Just looking out over the village did bring a sense of peace to him. Which was good considering how frustrated he felt.

Taking a deep breath he forced the negative emotions away. This was not the place for that, the last thing Manzo wanted to do was to bring down this tranquil spot.

Manzo bowed to the Sennin of the main branch when he introduced himself. ”Good morning, I am Tarantsu Manzo. It was only polite to introduce himself.

The question was posed to them was an interesting question, though he wondered if it was a trick question. But a thought exercise was never a bad thing in the morning.

”I am not sure your question can be answered with a straightforward answer. Assuming there is no outlying factors, then I would have to say both. Staying completely on defense allows the rogue ninjas to do what they will as long as they avoid the defenses. But going completely on offensive doesn’t keep the civilians and students safe. In an attack such as that some of the forces should be concentrating on defensive while those that are strong enough and fast enough go on offensive to meet and destroy the threat.”

It had been a while since he been poised with a question like this but he felt it was the right answer.

Nyura Katawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Remains silent for the initial parley of information back and forth between the two shinobi, keeping her eyes fixated on her homeland bellow. The breeze altered the terrain in a way that was hard to explain, sporadically shifting the large bows of trees and sending miniscule refuse in the distance astray. Nyura settled her breathing, thinking about the words that had escaped the Sennin's mouth about her family, pondering long and hard about her past and the role her family may have played in the village.

Turning her attention to the new comer during his introduction she'd give him a short nod of respect and acknowledgement before returning her gaze to the horizon. Intent on his answer, she'd review it several times over in her mind before replying on her own accord.

”I am not sure your question can be answered with a straightforward answer. Assuming there is no outlying factors, then I would have to say both. Staying completely on defense allows the rogue ninjas to do what they will as long as they avoid the defenses. But going completely on offensive doesn’t keep the civilians and students safe. In an attack such as that some of the forces should be concentrating on defensive while those that are strong enough and fast enough go on offensive to meet and destroy the threat.”

Nodding her head in agreement slightly she'd speak up with a retort of her own, having calculated the question as if it were an equation with her mental prowess.

"You raise an interesting question, Kenshin-sama." pursing her lips for a moment as she'd formulate the proper way to respond, she'd promptly turn her vision in his direction and give a short nod of her head in affirmation as she continued. "Manzo has evaluated it well; there is no greater defense than an exceptional offense. With this being said, with any war or conflict there is sacrifice and loss. In order to ensure the minimum amount of casualties, the rogue ninja in question would have to be expelled from the country or otherwise felled in combat in order to cease hostilities. Defense is necessary, of course, but Medical Ninja and the common shinobi would take this role as their own, whilst members of ANBU as well as high ranking members of the village as yourself would take the fight to the enemy."

She seemed sure of herself, an almost cocky grin etched over her complexion, lips quirking upwards at the edges as she'd casually alter her view to paint the landscape bellow her. Turquoise eyes ever vibrant with the lights reflection, taking upon the light and refracting it in a way that illuminated her iris and set an inspirational precedence over the scene.

MFT
WC: 455​

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
(Sorry for late post. During the week work wipes me out but I will try to post more often now)

Kenshin would look at the two. Similar answers and a similar approach to the question poised. It was a good answer.

"This is very true, the both of you. A balence of attack and defense. For example, the walls other there As he points inthe distacne to the walls of the city "Would be great for our shinobi who have long ranged attacks. Puppeteers and those that use weapons like a bow. Ideally, the enemy would never set foot in Leaf or if they did they would find it a ghost town. For you see the biggest move I would do is to protect Leaf's most vital resource. Can you tell me what our most valuable resource is?" Kenshin would ask, another question on the test.

Did they know the true meaning of the test? Was it just a bluff or just an easy assignment? Oh there were many answers but which one was the most right?

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was most certainly a strange way to start a morning. It almost seemed like they were being given a test, instead of just a thought exercise like Manzo first thought. The strange thing about this “test” was it did not require much thought from Manzo, at least so far.

The second question was one that was near and dear to his heart. It was the reason he had been going to the academy so much, not so much to train, which he had been doing but because he wanted to make sure there were no problems and to help out when he could.

”The villages most valuable resource is the next generation. Those that have retired have lived, and while they may not be ready to give up their lives it is the next generation that ensures that the village lives on. Even if the physical village is destroyed, it can always be rebuilt but the next generation is much harder to be replaced”

[ooc: no worries]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back