Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Private] The False Sage

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Are you going to wake-up sometime this century kid?

"I-- I'm not a kid." I thoughtlessly groaned out, my right hand reflexively reaching and gripping my chest; it throbbed -- But so did my head; and seemingly everything else. All things considered, as shock does; it did. I didn't feel this pain until now- And by gods it was agonizing.

I started to squirm and rive on the stone in volatile movements. This passed for a solid thirty or so seconds, it wasn't until this point did I realize that my mind was ailed for some time. And a quick reaction of chakra allowed me to stifle the afflicted pains in my mind.
Then there was silence, I lay back against the ground for some moments. Eyes opened and adjusting from blurred pain to focus though dampened through exhaustion. "Where am I?" I spoke, now with clearer intentions and a lack of sarcasm in my voice.
I'm not entirely sure, we are linked. When you're completely out, I am too. I just recall us last heading into the forest for some reason.

Oh, now I recall. I was heading to the deeper delves of the Ancient Forest; isolated from the village so I could ... Tamper with newfound powers in a place that I wouldn't inherently risk my life. "Or so I thought." I muttered, examining the surroundings. Only after I found myself standing after some strained efforts; even if it was an ailment on my mind that caused the pain; the muscles still spasmed violently, that sort of pain doesn't just go away. It lingers, and slows the body to a grinding halt without proper discipline and will-power.

But perhaps, that was the least of my worries. Pain fades; being lost- Well that requires time and investment. And then there's this I mused the word in my head, while my left palm was lifted to the ceiling, and level with my torso. A small fire ignited there, and illuminated what I must admit. Did not want to see for some time.

"Great... More caves." This was going to be a long day.

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.

[MFT]
[351 WC]

Img Src
https://www.deviantart.com/nele-diel

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

I had been pressing forth through the jagged underground caverns, hours seemed to have passed; but I felt as if I hadn't made any significant progress; the way behind me was walled off; or untraversable for as much as I could tell. Meaning I only had one way to go. Which for the time, had been down.
The crunching of my shoes against loose rock, lost soil from the surface and other miscellany that occupied the same spot as I. The air was thick and musky of something; it was a bit hard to discern what exactly. It was like a weighted mist filled the air and took most of the space in my lungs in each breath. It wasn't debilitating by much, but it was however; a bit of a nuisance.

"Don't suppose you've gleaned on what this place is, with all your silence I'd hoped you have been doing something." My voice trailed into the empty cavernous expanse, speaking to Bahamut of all things. I generally have a pretty good knack for discerning if there were other living things roaming about, and I couldn't pin-point anything. So I opted to simply be casual about my presence and spoke freely with my psyche.

Truthfully, I've been mostly just relaxing and enjoying the scenery. Being amused simultaneously with the fact you seem to always find yourself in peculiar caves and dark places. The grinding metallic voice filled my mind, and left me to my devices; which is to grumble at his response- Or rather, my response. It wielded my mind, spirit and many other things- It was not much different than talking to a wall, or a parrot that mimicked me. "Thanks..." my tone oozed with sarcasm, Anytime.

The trivial travel took some time, but I eventually found myself stopped; I had wandered through what appeared to be a carved hall, it was enclosed and dark. On the other end I now look over a rather large drop. It is circular in formation, one could use their imagination and perceive it as a well. Or at least, I do.

"You gettin' deja-vu?" "Ja-vu." "A-vu." "Vu." My voice echoed for some-time into the depths. Only to give a bone-freezing chill. When something echoed back up. "Welcome... Kekeke" "Lcome... Kekeke" "Come... Kekeke" And then the voice fell into stilled silence. Something felt -- Off, wrong and sinister-like.

And then my ignited palm was extinguished. A gust of death-like wind stifled even Bahamut's flame, and then I felt a gentle resting of a hand--? No, a claw. It was easily the size of my arm in length. And it wrapped along my shoulder; something leaned it next to my face- In the darkness I failed to see what. "Nohww... Don't be shyy..."

I felt the same force push me. The rush of air bludgeoning my torso, face and body as I descended into the darkness.

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
"Unknown."

[MFT]
[481 WC]

Img Src

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
the_unseen_island_by_nele_diel_dbu3qhu-fullview.jpg

For what felt only a few moments; I felt the air buffet against my face, body and being. While time progressed and the darkness loomed endlessly afore my vision and senses, all fell to an eerie silence; a sense of deja-vu was definitely encompassing my mind and feelings.

Soon the air stopped brushing against my skin despite this, my body still reacted with its nerves indicating a momentum of descent. Minutes, hours... My sense of time loomed on the fine balance between mania and reality, I was losing grasp of the time and place. The act of another, I suspect. Genjutsu...? No, I would recognize the signs; something would give. So I'm falling into something that is intended; reality of things I wager. But why? Feeling my muscles relaxing as my mind wander, glossing the possibilities with the uncertainty of the unusual situation at hand.
That was of course, until my eyes caught the glimmer of mossy light; the earth below was slowly coming into perspective and emergence of shapes and formations filled my peripheral vision from all corners. It was dark, there was a ghastly air of silence; it was silent- But something akin to a weakened breath constantly loomed in the area. From what I could grasp, the ground was closing rather slowly. It wasn't that it was necessarily far; but the gravity operated at an unusual flow- I descended akin to a feather. By maneuvering my form, I made the minute adjustments to angle myself to my feet just at the right moment.
The soles planted carefully on the cold earthen and stony floor. There was nothing to greet me, no voice, no sight or being to be spoken of. Just an eerie glow of a moss green light in the distance; casting exaggerated and definite shadows from a plethora of stalagmites that littered the backdrop of wherever this place was.

After a few seconds passing, I felt a gentle brush of air that flowed across the ground-floor. It was warm, musky and felt like there was a hint of moisture that linked too it. Was it a possession of a living breathing being? Logic while profound in it's boundaries, suggested that despite the likelihood of how big whatever may have produced this air; could very well be something living.

"Are you getting a familiar feeling? A presence we know?"I spoke aloud to myself, to Bahamut; and to which the metallic grinding of his voice lofted into my head Indeed... Are you worried?

"Always; but... Consider me curious." Without much thought on my movement, I took a step forwards. Feeling the lessened weight take form as the plume of dust that billowed around my boot had drifted without a home like a stasis; disturbed and lost from the earth it existed in as home.

"Good... Come closer-- Dragon."

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
"Unknown."

[MFT]
[472 WC]

Img Src

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Dragon...? the words has resounded in my mind, it reverberated within' my ear-drums; a sending a feeling of déjà vu that reached every part of my body in an instant. Intriguing. Your first logical path is something drugged-- Or forced amnesia?. Bahamut, of course had access to all my thoughts- He was me, and I him. But it left me in a state of stable disarray; my movements steady, expression locked in its atypical dour painting. Nevertheless, I wondered how.
Perhaps it is someone, or something that knows of us? Has seen you act in a way un-befit of a normal mortal. The words caused my eyes to flickered ever so slightly; as if one squinted when they heard of something preposterous. But I am mortal. We are. I retaliated a simple thought, I know that everything Bahamut thinks; is something that crosses my subconscious and that in itself concerned me the most... My subconscious can't be so readily controlled to fit the mold I seek to live by. I yearn for simplicity. Don't I? I mused to myself mentally.

Some minutes passed uninhibited, the ground was tumultuous and uneven; jagged spires of earth protruded from all sides. The scattered landscape and absurd defiance against logic's simple but systematic principles of existence had caused my normal heightened perceptions to be put into a state of vertigo. I knew virtually where I was, and what I was doing; my eyes registered each step- each swaying motion of my arms as they curled and extended to help me up the steep climb towards the top of this mass of land... But as I look back, to witness where I had come from; was just a disillusioned painting of aloft dust, dirt and lost and lonely footsteps. Come from nowhere.

I felt emptiness; a devoid of being that was settling in my chest. Why? I neglected to acknowledge my sentiment of having a potential crisis on my hands. Turning my head back towards the future- the coming steps and the remaining slope to the top of this mass. Thus I trudged forth, my boots clopping with and eerie but audible clop- Each leaving it's lost and alone step behind me... It was almost poetic.

At the cusp of the path, I felt a swell of air loft from the edge where the land curved to form what I suspect was a plateau of sorts. The air curled and drifted down the path, altering it's destination with each rift caused by the protrusions along the slope. Inevitably, it reached me; it was heavy, as if the air itself carried a mass- Worse off; it smelled... "Awful." I spoke aloud, just as I was taking the final step before my eyes breached the edge that separated the path and the flattened land that lay before me.

My eyes was graced, or cursed- With a sight of ghastly green smoke, that billowed off pools of liquid masses. Each with a sizzling hiss airing off them, the smoke bloomed luminescent of sickly greens and yellows. The gravity was just as confused as the rest of this land, fixating many objects in a slowed state of loftiness; as if everything was perpetually moving somewhere at a near impossibly slow velocity.
Just as the sight was setting into my eyes, everything in its motion had placed itself in my mind in a twisted hue of palen green. My final step to the plateau's surface had set itself into my place of time; and just as it did.
A shadow danced elegantly through the looming steam and trails of dirt and dust it's form swift, but growing ever in size. As it did, my eyes traced in tandem; that befell to a final moment where the shadow's outline boldened and sharpened into something tangible. A quadrupedal creature sifted through the haze into visual alacrity; it was a beast that assumed the stature of a canine- the lupus sort.
It planted a sizable fore-paw against the stonework of the plateau. The land adorned with various stalagmites, boulders and debris that often did with each piece of land; only when did this creature introduce its physical form, but it's size- that it was truly brought into scale. Truth be told; it reminds me of the contracts that are in a binding with me- and me to them. That's a big wolf... In...Deed.

"Nice of you to join me, Dragon." The wolf-like creature spoke with a silver to it's tone, it drew me into it's presence and being. It had a sense that it wasn't prepared to hide anything- Not that this particular asset strew me from my usual habits; but I felt like it was showing itself in a moment of vulnerability. Nevertheless, my eyes shrunk; focusing my vision to keep it- and the nearby surroundings as my focus. "Dragon again... What gives?" While my initial question was devoid of any true intent, I followed. "Who are you? And why Dragon, I'm clearly of the human variety." Having somewhat.. Mocking gestured to myself. Afterwards, I didn't let my guard down; but I wasn't exactly in anything that resembled hostility.

Resounding with what I suspect was amusement, the furred monolith adjusted it's demanding form to twist into something akin to lounging. "Strange behavior for someone who's spirit exhumes that of the unbridled wrath of a Dragon.. Mm? Fear not though, you are indeed Human." It had relaxed one of it's legs over the other; looking much more relaxed than I am. "For the record, I am Ikiyouto. Something akin to a ... Mediator for something that you are strongly familiar with." It's eyes bore deep into mine as it finished it's sentence.

I unconsciously shifted my weight to my other foot, adjusting parts of my leather and fur attire to comfort. All while maintaining eye-contact with the being known as Ikiyouto. "Familiar? Psych-" As I was about to finish, it barred it's teeth; not one that inspired fear from a snarl, but to perhaps announce it's position in the conversation "No, no ... No, Dragon; You're not of only one sort- every tree has many branches. As do you." It's gaze had left empty air to be interpreted; I felt a fool for my assumption- It's recognition of the Bahamut spirit in me led me to early conclusions.

It was then, that I drifted my steeled gaze to my right arm, where a stream of tattoos spoke of a tale of wolves; brethren to an untimely end and their current state of existence. One I appealed to, one that I signed my name in blood to. Where Bahamut was a connection of spirit; the Wolves of Hades were a connection of blood and body. My eyes flowed along the length of my tattooed skin to the hand, where-in-which I clenched my hand to a fist. Pacifying my sight into closed lids for only a moment, to return them to the sight of the wolf afore me. There was a moment of silent affirmation from the both of us, something instinctual.

"Now you understand." It shifted the towering legs to a standing form, shaking it's body as the matted fur shifted around to what I presume was a semblance of comfort. "I brought you here, for a reason. Of course; though with what I've been informed about you- You've perhaps already deducted that- Now come." In that moment, it's large size was betrayed by giving movements of agility and speed unfit for something so large. It had turned and cast itself back into the suffocating steams and fog of the land.

Telling. "Indeed; but curious." I wagered in my voice, there was a muted understanding that Bahamut and I shared too. One that led me to take my steps too into the fray of uncertainty, the fog and this wolf-being had a purpose to me. The question that lingered, was "What's in store this time."

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
"Ikiyouto."

[MFT]
[1,321 WC]

Img Src
https://www.deviantart.com/leejj

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Mission Title: Test of Will; Test of Spirit
Type: Self Solo-Mod Mission

Concept: With the most recent arc of Shieo's taking him to an eerie landscape that was introduced to him as a place of oddities and new developments. He is soon to discover that it not only was an intentional meet with this spectral wolf, but too a means to test him. A scenario for the Youkai to bare witness whether or not Shieo has the capacity for their bond to grow further.
What lay ahead not only poses a threat to his well-being, but the chance of some drastic shifts in who he is as a person. For good or worse.
0qLnJEe.jpg

It felt as if time was drawing itself to a slowing halt. As the wisping leathery mist that clouded the landscape had wreathed around my body, soaking into my attire and gently caressing across the small portions of open skin. A blanket of humidity and the lingering sense of danger was wafting over me in droves; my senses were piqued and constantly firing off signals to my mind, the subtle buffers in the air, quiet sounds that clicked and clacked in the lingering distances. My surroundings felt peerless; yet my perception was so deafeningly limited.

Adhering to my usual warning signals; my hand had drifted ever so slowly to my shinobi-pouch, held carefully above the back-right of my waist. While my fingers curled and twitched in anticipation to wield my kunai, the other hand trickled with the gentle licking of warmth- Or at least, such is what I had expected to feel. But something was off...?"Bahamut?" My voice escaped my vocal chords with an air of uncertainty; there was something missing. The air felt as if it was swallowing my words, my presence and my psyche; it was all a lull... My mind felt loose and dulled.

It was then, that in the clouded visage that spanned in all directions; another shadow of sizable mention lurked with predatory steps surrounding me. And followed a detached voice, the sound pursued me from all angled; the tone was excitable, it knew something I didn't and toyed with the sounds of breathing "Missing something... Dragon?" As the ethereal voice passed through my hearing- It was then, that I knew what was awry.

So... I am alone for this-- Trial. Troublesome. With a careful nod, my mind resolved to itself and understood the severity; and with that. My acknowledge of the sense of impending danger became all the more present. Pursing my lips, I blew out a stream of calculated breath; preparing my body into its habits, ensuring that during what was to come I never missed a beat. It allowed me to focus on the challenges ahead, not on breathing, placement of feet or otherwise. Finally, I closed my eyes; and allowed my hearing to survey the area- sharpening the senses, I needed to bridge the gap that Bahamut held by my side.
It was then, that I re-opened my visual senses. To a landscape of pain and suffering, while the fog was still present- it revealed a land that could only be described as living in a state of withering purgatory. "I am missing nothing." I replied, my voice affirmed with conviction. Muscles tensed and prepared the flow of steady blood. I was ready for what was to come.

"Good, you will need to be all here for this."

w8H3cfj.png
[lb][/lb][lb][/lb]</CENTER>​
[thead]

[th=50,null]<CENTER>
JHBm75Q.jpg
[lb][/lb][lb][/lb]
[lb2][/lb2][/th]​
[/thead][tbody]
[tr=bg2]
[td=null,1]SHIEO[lb][/lb]
CURRENT HP: 45,000 > 44,480 [lb][/lb]
%: 99.5[lb][/lb]
MAXIMUM HP: 45,000[lb][/lb]
CURSED DMG TAKEN: - [lb2][/lb2]

CURRENT CP: 30,855 [lb][/lb]
MAXIMUM CP: 33,000[lb][/lb]
SECONDARY POOL: -[lb2][/lb2]

AP USED: 10 / 10[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 10[lb2][/lb2]

Clones and Creations
Clones said:
Name: Five Clones[lb][/lb]
Type: Illusionary[lb][/lb]
HP: N/A[lb][/lb]
CP: N/A[lb][/lb]
AP: 0[lb][/lb]
[/td]
[td=null,1]THE TRIAL[lb][/lb]
CURRENT HP: 43,050 > 41,075[lb][/lb]
%: 95.4[lb][/lb]
MAXIMUM HP: 43,050[lb][/lb]
CURSED DMG TAKEN: --[lb2][/lb2]

CURRENT CP: 15,480 [lb][/lb]
MAXIMUM CP: 18,800[lb][/lb]

AP USED: 7.75 / 8[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 8.25[lb2][/lb2]

[/td][/tr][/tbody]​

It happened like lightning; the fog bellowed outwards, casting aside the ambiguity and cover that laced the landscape. Revealing that of the lupine guardian, the stature massive and daunting- But visible, and for me. "Perfect." I mustered the words, confiding into my confidence; I've had more accounts for combat with large monstrosities than I'd care to admit. And with it's form and position in sight, I had a tangible foe that could be engaged with.

"Now then." the beastial creature spoke with a tone equal to mine own; like a blurred memory of the long past, the beast had twisted into a flickering illusion of it's former position. It's size was massive; but it held itself swiftly, the agility was proven in the hairs stricken moment. As a massive forepaw had swung from seemingly nowhere as it had closed the distance between the two of us.
Given my briefest moments of alacrity, I had enough time and sense to buffer the incoming impact with my arms- but this still led to my body being flung across the scattered landscape of decay. Being far-flung with the drifting lapses of unique gravity, all that finally registered was the impact; save the shock from having my entire form being crashed into by a beast. My momentary lapse of followed clarity had revealed I was launched into a pile of debris, sticks, stones and the like- Thankfully, no broken bones.
Notably, my durability from the revealing of Bahamut as my psyche hadn't gone anywhere; though I was hit, I was feeling generally speaking- well enough. Hit nevertheless, but advantageous was the first description that came to mind. With my newfound, yet undecided location- I had sight of the beast closing the distance ominously, but I had sight.

And in that drifting moment, the weaving strands of chakra weaseled through the air as i connected our gazes- it's more unknowing than mine. And sowed lies into the mind of the beast to the best of my ability. Causing a slew of replicas of myself erupting from the crash-site, all while I did in turn. Amidst the chaos of the repetitions of myself flying through the land to confuse the beast. It appeared, as it had worked.

With wild swinging at the clones, witnessing some being slaughtered to the savagery fighting style of the wolf. Having slammed its paw into the earth causing an uprooting of spires of earth, hissing plumes of toxic gases and baring its maw to slam down on one of the mes. Needless to say, if I were any of those clones; I would be in a world of injury.
But I wasn't, and my time to act was impending. Thus I leaped to the skies, and with a weaving amass of seals I had brought my hands to the ram seal, and placed them carefully underneath the curve of my lip. Exhuming a drawn bellow from the deepest part of my chest- releasing a gaseous ultra-heated burst of air- as it streaked through the air, a golden red glow of searing heat cascaded across the land. Scorching through the ground- upon impact the beast curled back in recoil as the hissing steam of heat melted into it's skin, fur and singed away portions of it's external body. While not incredibly damaging, it had caused minor failures in the outer workings of the beasts muscular structure. At the very least, slowing it down enough for me to be in an advantageous position.

As I landed from sending forth my offense, each hand had continued weaving sequential seals. Intent on continuing my process of tricking the monster, as a shinobi should. With chakra licking across my skin, attire and general physical form allowing a flickering in and out of the visible spectrum. Intent on hiding my form even more; while the clones continued to distract and feign attacks with kunai, chains, jutsu and otherwise offensive trickery. Although, the beast had not slowed too much from the assaults- with quick retaliation it had unleashed further aggression; crashing another paw through a clone that fizzled from existence. And with an infernal roar wiped out another.

The first steps of this fight were sown into the tale. As I stand flickering in and out of existence within' this absurd landscape; my clones too re-imagined themselves into reality. Looking at the monolithic obstacle, it stood metaphorically as another dwelling challenge; one I was going to have to overcome... After-all.

As I looked around to gauge my surroundings. The unsettling reminder that I was stuck here until after this trial passed had gently drifted through the air, in the sweet docile scent of rotting flesh, marsh water and the taste of mud in the musky air... Hold fast Shieo, the worst has yet to come.

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
"Ikiyouto."

[MFT]
[1,254 WC]

Img Src
https://www.deviantart.com/leejj

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Mission Title: Test of Will; Test of Spirit [Continued]

Concept: With the most recent arc of Shieo's taking him to an eerie landscape that was introduced to him as a place of oddities and new developments. He is soon to discover that it not only was an intentional meet with this spectral wolf, but too a means to test him. A scenario for the Youkai to bare witness whether or not Shieo has the capacity for their bond to grow further.
What lay ahead not only poses a threat to his well-being, but the chance of some drastic shifts in who he is as a person. For good or worse.
0qLnJEe.jpg

w8H3cfj.png
[thead]

[th=50,null]<CENTER>
JHBm75Q.jpg
[lb][/lb][lb][/lb]
[lb2][/lb2][/th]​
[/thead][tbody]
[tr=bg2]
CURRENT HP: 45,000 [lb][/lb]
%: 100[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 24,924 [lb][/lb]

AP USED: 9 / 10[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 11[lb2][/lb2]

Clones and Creations
Clones said:
Name: Five Clones[lb][/lb]
[/td]
CURRENT HP: 41,075 > 24,876[lb][/lb]
%: 57.78[lb][/lb]
MAXIMUM HP: 43,050[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 11,595 [lb][/lb]

AP USED: 7.75 / 8.25[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 8.5[lb2][/lb2]

[/td][/tr][/tbody]​

What Happened?

It was any wonder how I've managed to dissuade this beast from landing anything significant against myself. Truth be told; I wager if I hadn't started assailing it's mind with my usual tactics things would be looking much worse for wear for me right around now. With it's endless onslaught entrenched in a physical state, it had annihilated my clones over and over, only making brief closeness to my own person.

Exhale, I felt the air slowly course the innards of my nostrils; the hairs tingling and reminding me what I was undergoing was significant enough to be real and to trigger the very minute details of my senses. Reminding myself of the place I operated in, this hell-scape of an environment with contorted versions of gravity, time-space and the general actuations of life were ever so slightly off. Although it perplexed me, it appeared that my opponent too felt ever so slightly out of place; despite my intrusions of its' mind, it failed to recognize the variances. I'd hypothesize it had to do with the environment intrinsically, something about it left the feeling of changing- perhaps it altered too frequently to develop a familiarity; something to place as a beacon to discern illusion from reality. Nevertheless, it seemed to be playing into my hand thus far; which meant I'd continue to be playing that favor until I no longer can.

As my opponent gathered it's bearings, staring down upon myself; and the other mes to try and discern the real from the false. Each of mine own, including myself scattered; covering as much ground as we could feasibly manage. Afore the being tore through the air, shock-wave ripples cracked through the air behind it; a visible creaking of the landscape erupted, by displaying uprooted earth and scattering debris to clamor in the distance only further clouding the area in the musky arena. Despite the atrocious smell violating my sense of smell; one of my clones had alerted me of the incoming barrage of strikes that the beast has interpreted as the true me- thankfully, it not only failed to detect the correct foe. But the clone was agile and prepared enough to sufficiently evade the incoming swipes from the monolithic claws, but too the clamping down the beasts mouth.

To my disappointment, it took only a few moments later afore it had emerged from the clouded plumes of gaseous air and debris to come barraging down from the air atop one of my clones. The aftermath was nothing short of cataclysmic to the surrounding area, uprooting spires, more gaseous pockets that lofted throughout the air- however, I was keenly informed that the colors and odors were something unlike what we have been breathing. Nevertheless, my attention was brought back to reality from my vantage point when I was alerted by the intricate workings of my genjutsu; that one of the clones had in-fact been felled during the offense.

Standing around and awaiting further harassment from the beast was however, not an option. As I so quickly reminded myself, with my attention driven back to the highlight target of the battle. Ascertaining more visual of the beast, it really started to occur to me the size of the monolithic being; while it was powerful and had the capacity to terrashape with sheer power- such things were relatively expected in my field. So accounting for it's size was never really the first thing on my mind... However, now that I've adequately invaded it's mind; I had to start routing my own offense physically, otherwise this bout would inevitably fall towards my own failure at a combat of stamina-- And I've no doubt it poses far more reserves than I can attest for myself.

Mounting my offense was swift; with the orders given to the remainder of the illusive clones that danced around the field of battle. From evading strikes from claws, jaws and the energies that permeated off the monstrosity had granted me the freedom to find an advantageous position. Through the actioning of some simple acrobatics and the sleek layering of chakra at the soles of my feet I was able to ascend to the peak of a formerly uprooted piece of land. Streaking the skies of this underground hell-zone, I found myself able to purview the area with greater alacrity; but my revelation was short lived- between the alarms of my clones, and the fact the land folded as far as I could see into just emptied darkness... I was stuck here truly until this was dealt with.

Thus, I turned my attention down below. With the target pressed with it's attention towards my clones; I drew both hands together, taking the focus and time to spare towards ensuring not only the fact the proceeding jutsu were to be executed properly, without a waste of chakra and ultimately to maximize the output of what my intention was... Destruction, to it's finest point- If I had to deal with this creature to move forwards, than I had to expend my resources towards that goal.

It didn't take long afore the sensation of energy swirled throughout my system in tidal current. Despite the now decades of utilizing chakra, and battling the natural order of things through the supernatural empowerment of chakra; it was a feeling that never quite went away. It drew in and out of your body in excess, it felt connected; yet ever so slightly disjointed. Drawing myself back to the present, the uproarious heat from my internals was beginning to smoke from the corners of my lips and nose. As they billowed to my peripherals, I witnessed a clone get wiped from the face of existence through a earth curdling swipe of the beasts claw. "Now." I announced to myself, having taken a swell of air inwards; only to forcibly exert the chakra, air and built up pressure outwards.

From down below, the skies of darkness, mist and vile aromas were rapidly eviscerated by a sky suffocating light of orange and white hues. The coalescing chakra sun had descended upon the lands below in an extinction level eruption; the grounds had burned molten. The beast had roared- both to acknowledge I had successfully injured it; but too as a reminder that it was quite still conscious and moving.

After some minutes of nothingness below; the chakra had eventually evaporated into smoke, ash and steam. With the stillness below, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect; but what came left my spine to only curl into something of a shiver.

"Well fought Dragon, but you're not done yet." It's voice, stung of venom that laced the air between it's fingers... It lurked in the remnants of plumed energies, dirts and knew precisely where I was. And knew I didn't know precisely where it was.
Narrowing my eyes, I watched for a drawn moment; both to see if I could catch the minute of moment- But too, to prepare myself for the impending conflict that grew in pressure.

Something felt different.

Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
"Ikiyouto."

[1,173 WC]

Img Src
https://www.deviantart.com/nele-diel/

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
NbIppM4.jpg

w8H3cfj.png
[thead]

[th=50,null]
JHBm75Q.jpg
[lb][/lb][lb][/lb]
[lb2][/lb2][/th]​
[/thead][tbody]
[tr=bg2]
CURRENT HP: 45,000 > 13,500 [lb][/lb]
%: 30[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 24,924 > 15,248 [lb][/lb]

AP USED: 11 / 11[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 11[lb2][/lb2]

Clones and Creations
Clones said:
Name: Loneliness[lb][/lb]
[/td]
CURRENT HP: 24,876 > 8,000[lb][/lb]
%: 18.5[lb][/lb]
MAXIMUM HP: ???[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: ??? [lb][/lb]

AP USED: 8.5 / 8.5[lb][/lb]

[/td][/tr][/tbody]​

"Now'sa not th' time to dwell o' ifs.." Draining the words from my mind, it stilled the air for only a brief moment. The lapse earning me a moment of reprieve before I felt my instincts of combat return to me, lunging forwards with a gentle nudge of my feet. Sending my form soaring down below, the buffeting hail of air bombarding my senses across my system. My face brushed against the heavy air of fumes and weighted humidity; forcing my mind to resurface its attention back to the matter at hand, an unfortunate reminder that I had a feud to settle with a beast.

With the rebounding sounds of the ground beneath the fog, it gave me ample time to sense the differentiation of pressure and air density to know when to twist my body and angle my feet towards the rocky floor. With chakra licking along the soles of my feet, up and wrapping around my ankles and calves for support; this permitted my body to withstand the inhuman landing.
A sore echo of my form crashing into the earth cascaded throughout the surrounding land, bouncing off the rubble and debris that had scattered throughout the landscape from the former engagement; leaving me disorientated in determining the position of the beast. Everything was out of place since my last scan of the landscape; meaning I was rendered to my own devices and immediate reaction times to defend myself.

At the moment, I had stood to my full form. Turning my body on a pivot ever so slightly to scan my surroundings. Instinctively my breathing paced itself, and lowered down to a barely audible level to help not only erase my own presence, but granted me a heightened perception of the area around me just as well. Although there was the momentous problem that the environment was constantly bubbling, shifting and crackling with energy and various other miscellaneous sounds that bombarded even the tiniest senses.

A ghastly voice filled the void, an indeterminable direction acted as it's source "Can you feel it... Shieo? The world... The air... The coursing veins that act as the lifeblood of our worlds..." And although its voice was somewhere I couldn't quite place, nor could I fully grasp it's ambiguous word-choices; something did feel strange. Like a heightened receptor in my system, but it was out of place? Something about it didn't feel quite right, a disjointedness too it; as if it was disconnected but somehow still speaking to me on a plane of feeling. I could only help but shake it off for the time being, but too came to my realization- that my left arm was tingling.
I understood that Bahamut was no longer in my head for the time; at least while I stood in this landscape- But it felt as if something was tearing up from the inside slowly in the flesh. At first it was a tingle, but internally I could feel the momentum of the pain fluctuating into a faster pace... It was like a heartbeat that begun to throb throughout my left hand, coursing up my forearm and to my bicep.
Without much thought, my teeth barred and I growled out in a hushed whimper. Saliva pooled inside my mouth and slowly down the side; smoke funneled through my teeth and nose as my bodies' immediate reaction to internal affliction is to start amplifying it's curses, advocating a systematic cleanse. However, when I looked down to my left arm; where my right hand had begun clenching subconsciously as a means to help numb the pain. It had from the Draconic Wrath's Mark begun turning a hue of blackened green, and it started surfacing along the skin and upwards. "Sh-." I could only mouth the beginning of a curse afore I felt the pressures of the air alarm me...? I looked up, eyes starking wide as they steeled into focus and ascertained the source. Although I couldn't immediately see anything, I somehow sensed the incoming paw cleaving through the air.

Leaping backwards, I encouraged the use of my weight to gain some significant distance. The air buffeted and cut away at the outer layers of my skin, a minor infraction from what the full claw could perhaps inflict. What I did not anticipate was the air thickening before me, what I could see a moment ago was shrouded in a thick veil. It was then that I heard the cracking of the earth underneath the beasts massive form; the sounds carried like glacial mountains cracking and collapsing; it was significant, and deliberate.

"I can see you're changing... It's begun since you got here... The clouding isn't something we are both faced with Shieo-- You're body is fighting it, or perhaps-- It's something not your own?" The end of the sentence, was sharpened to encourage a certain feeling of doubt in me; and the enticement was received, I felt my spine crawl again. Only in-time for another shock-wave of agony rush through my arm and in turn, the rest of my nervous system. This time it drained me of enough fortitude to fall to a knee. Challenging my attention back to the appendage; a sunken feeling seized my thought, with control of my body somewhat drained. The sensation of an outer-body experience flooded me, as I could only experience the disjointed pain of my arm; but the appearance suggested more; it was throbbing, quite literally as a blackened ooze of green and tar like fluids flooded through the veins, and where there were breaks and sores cracking through my skin. By the mark was a bleeding monstrosity of dangling parts of my inner-muscular structure of the hand. This continued up, all the way to half my bicep- where I suspect natural antigens were fighting for their desperate lives to stop whatever was causing this vile reaction.

But time was not on my side, with a coughing fit dragging my thoughts back into my body; and the dreaded sensation that the monolithic beast was incoming once more; beyond my own understanding of my senses- I could just feel the beast looming. As if I felt the bounding and rebounding of the atoms around me, they spoke in chimes of echoes... But no less; I had to look up to face the challenge.

Crap I swallowed a lump of concern. The form was silhouetted only a few ten meters from me, the claws outstretched on either side; it's maw drawn wide in a sight of razor fences that acted as it's teeth.

Time was not on my side.. I repeated in mind, I didn't have any connections to my kunai that littered across the landscape; some form of disruption was occurring that prevented my signals. Nor did I have the time, or mobility to evade the incoming beast completely... I had one option.
With grit teeth, and furrowed brows. I roared out in response to it's impending strike; my right arm let go of the left and let the flooding of pain be ignored through a wave of shock and adrenaline. Wrapping my hand around the grip of a kunai, I lashed it outwards to my side as chakra hissed along the shining metallic form. Fire erupted in a roar of it's own that superseded my own. That's when I pressed both of my feet against the earth, chakra gripping them like an iron saddle and I launched forwards. The ground beneath me curling under the volcanic force.

As I burst through the veil of fog, I came face to face with the beast. Weapon in tow, as it's natural appendages were locked to strike me. It had a visage of ferocity and intrigue. Mine, was that of wrath and survival.</GLOW>

<CENTER>
<GLOW glow="#2E8B57">Then There Was Darkness

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."
Bahamut Thought.
"Ikiyouto."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Fever Dream
NbIppM4.jpg

w8H3cfj.png
[thead]

[th=50,null]<CENTER>
JHBm75Q.jpg
[lb][/lb][lb][/lb]
[lb2][/lb2][/th]​
[/thead][tbody]
[tr=bg2]
CURRENT HP: 13,500[lb][/lb]
%: 30[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 15,248 [lb][/lb]

AP USED: 11 / 11[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 0[lb2][/lb2]

Clones and Creations
Clones said:
Name: Loneliness[lb][/lb]
[/td]
CURRENT HP: 8,000 > 999,999[lb][/lb]
%: ???[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 5 [lb][/lb]

[/td][/tr][/tbody]​

Disorientated, would be an understatement; I told myself. Somehow, someway and some reason; I found myself standing atop a glass smooth surface of water... It rippled around my feet, however the ripples stretched no further than my persons'. The expanse, for what it was worth appeared to go on forever, streaking across the horizon in all directions.
As my eyes sank, dreary and heavy; anchors to my lids they drew their lines towards the gleaming surface below. Seeking refuge in the comforts of the frigid depths below; my thoughts were over-all drifting, cascading through elapses of contempt, confusion, disorientation, nausea and intoxication of the mind. With passing moments of tingling that flickered throughout my whole body, as if stirring myself to remember it stood there; so I couldn't simply let go, and accept the experience and lulling of nothingness.
As I stare, the cold depths below were shrouded in a bleeding of hues. The new colors were visceral, shades of salmon to carmine; they were contrasted until the colors themselves seemed disjointed; beyond this world, and any world beyond. They took form of a blithering amalgamation of a sphere, but it wasn't in the water... Was it? Or was it up?

I wondered, for what felt a century. Once more I felt a tingling, resuscitating my attention to what I think was the present. It was then, I realized I hadn't been breathing; or doing anything really. Just basking in the fetal of nothingness, it was then I looked to the skies. The daunting void of black was filtered in the center with the superimposing of the moon, it was bloodied. Or perhaps it was just the play of colors... What it was, was a large rock in the infinite void of airlessness and death that shifted in a flow of cosmic dancing...

Why?

Why was I thinking like this? Why am I? I wonder.

Do you wonder, I wonder? The dour expression I was certain took the formal form of my face; but the orbs that acted as my ocular devices strictly glued to the bloodied bouncing ball of the universe above me. Where my blacks were reds, and my reds were voids. What is ... No, it doesn't matter. It's comfortable, right?

I felt at ease, like an impenetrable intoxication of my system; drained of life and concern had brought me to an elation of freedom, it was all-encompassing. The embrace of my confusion had blotted out my norm, I lost myself within' myself when all was always on my mind, each hair and sensation constantly barraged my sensory spectrum. But then it didn't.
"Hum-m.." I sounded, I think; as the same sound carried forever... "Hum-mmm.." "Hhhuum-m.." "Hummmm-mmmmn.."

"Hum-m... Say?" In the endlessness, an anchor. From beneath the depths something stirred, wafting underneath the still current of the liquid desert. It silhouetted and blurred between the lines of reality and perception. Crawling and creeping through the molecules as it slicked it's way to the surface; or was it the surface slicking towards it?

As it rose to the surface it blotched out the water in a black hue, jet-like. "Above." Hearing the metallic grinding, like steel to iron from underneath me; or was it in-fact above? So I looked, the ache of my muscles strained and groaned underneath the pressure of my cognitive reaction. As I looked up; I found myself looking to the ocean above me, with the moon below me... -- I think? From here, things seemed fitting; affixed to nothing. But there I saw a being of gentleness, the beating of wings were like the hurricanes of novels laying besiege to the castles of Kings. Like a Zephyr of storms finds comfort in the maw of lightning and thunder that crash the lands below into hellish chaos.

So as I look down, I see the skies from above; laying softly beneath me. With the avatar of wrath searing it's gaze of draconism into my own bearing soul. From where I flew, with the beating of my draconic-like wings behind me, the mountainous claws the wield at the tips of my forepaws. I stare at the aging soul that sank beneath the skies; he was barbaric in attire, and his expression showed years of drained agony. Combating the weariness of standing shoulder high in a society of crushing spirits; forging the flesh into tools. And the bearer of that responsibility. He looked lost, but content.

"Shieo." I spoke, the grinding of two opposing metallic gears acting as a voice-box to the world of water and turmoil. His gaze felt anchored.

As I stood there, feet plunged an inch in a tar of water and the weight of curses. I witnessed the being that verified it's own false existence, fluttering there like a dancing hummingbird with no tune. From here, I felt anchored; from my left wrist I felt my anchor- A fetter to my own soul. The clanking and jingling of the chain bindings swayed too and fro in the skies, wrapped in tangent with the draconic beings' own wrist. "Bahamut." It spoke, in a shifting of tones. For a moment, I felt as if I watched myself say it; from below the water.

Then I blinked. Fifty-feet ahead, it stood; hind-legs twisted and mangled to ascertain the appeal of standing like a man, yet living like a reptile. In silent reprieve it watched the dragon that stood there in the body of man. We stared, perhaps for a century; or a minute. Then I stepped forwards, only once. I felt it was plenty- As we were now only ten-feet from another.
The length of the chain shrunk down to help the distance, but the distant clanging of the prison chains were still ever-present. "Kii?" I inquired. "Perhaps it is the bindings, or the breaking of your conviction." The voice stirred in it's silent and calm speaker; the metal like music to a prey-dog. "Di ekmiv." the words flowed freely, knowing nothing of what he meant. But my response was implication of the opposite.
"Know that you are scared. It is never easy to seize something so important; and ask it to leave. It hurts." The slits for its eyes gently squinted. "Shar si mi ti scared, ergriff woari. svaklar ui wer altiuiri ekess freedom; sjek mobi ui thric kovgam harfak?."
"There never was. Only chains." I jangled the chains around my wrist to show the human below, as his too wiggled in tandem with the momentum. The swaying was enchanting; but the voices were more so. "Shar svabol ui wer cost ekess duulo di chains?." I challenged, with barred teeth. "Something important, perhaps- or perhaps it isn't so important, if the cost can afford the judgement? But that is for me to decide, and you to feel." As a blur of motion, I blinked. Standing vertical to the universe, and watching the flow of the tar-water in-front of me. I saw me, or did it see me? "It is time you say goodbye. Know that the carriage is not broken, but re-purposed. You need not wings to fly; but simply the passion to walk."

Inclined to agree, I shed a tear. And hugged the mirror of water and tar; after-all it spoke the truth, with a hand to walk. I could go a few miles; right? It was then, that my wrist felt lighter; like feathers to the wind.
My senses turned to dust, and the skies resumed to the dreary rain.

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."
"Bahamut."
"Ikiyouto."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
0qLnJEe.jpg

w8H3cfj.png
[thead]

[th=50,null]<CENTER>
JHBm75Q.jpg
[lb][/lb][lb][/lb]
[lb2][/lb2][/th]​
[/thead][tbody]
[tr=bg2]
CURRENT HP: 1 [lb][/lb]
%: 1[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 15,248[lb][/lb]
SECONDARY POOL: 4574 Natural Energy[lb2][/lb2]

AP USED: 0 / 10[lb][/lb]
AP NEXT ROUND: 11[lb][/lb]

Clones and Creations
Clones said:
Name: Nothing[lb][/lb]
[/td]
CURRENT HP: 999,999[lb][/lb]
%: ???[lb][/lb]

CURRENT CP: 5 [lb][/lb]

[/td][/tr][/tbody]​

Oh right... No later, did I remember what I was in the middle of-- What a weird memory-- Or was that something else? I begged to wonder what exactly just occurred; but time was however, painfully not on my side- As the pain had somehow subsided in my left arm, I was brought to the realization of the matter of reality.

With the momentous form barreling towards me. I had a moment of serenity perhaps? I've read of moments where a man might see his life flash before him at the door of death, while the bells toll for their soul; in a sense guiding them to the world beyond the living. Where the cruxes of death wield the flesh and blood and draw them to the depths in a painless entry. But I were alive, and if that was a flash of my life; I have questions- concerns, more so.

Nevertheless, I had to act; with my blade in tow and angled towards the beast- it was clearly not a sufficient size or potency to truly make the killing blow; hells, it would barely land a significant mark. All I could do though, was angle it and brace- Where this moment felt like ages passing; really was only a fraction of a second. The blurring foretelling of what was coming a mere illusion; a fantasy developed by my cognition to process what happens...
Unfortunately, this also brought the agony that came. As my blade stuck, I had thought I was free of the massive beast's impact. But then the tearing began. Like popcorn under heat, I could hear and feel the tendons, muscles and crackling of bone separating for each terrorizing moment. Something hooked- I think it was my shoulder, or perhaps bicep. What came in pulses of pain from the infection, was quickly replaced with a shock-wave of chemicals from my system; a counter-measure that was typically reserved for only one major thing-- Loss of limb.

As the flurry of wind crashed into me, I flung through the empty air for some meters afore coming to an uninhibited landing to the disrupted earth. Rolling in that of a rag-dolls form, the sounds of water and paint splattered across the immediate area. Although the area was mostly green and tar-black from the nauseating fog, the browned earth was turning to that of scarlet berry.

"You will come to understand."

The words of the wolf were the last thing I heard, as I lay on my side; watching the colors of green, brown, white and red slowly saturate into greys and blacks. Fading... And then peace.

Thought
"Speech."
"Ikiyouto."

Img Src
https://www.deviantart.com/nele-diel/

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Careful." Lofting words filled the void of my mind, they were drifting and not entirely clear. Though they spoke for my well-being, I felt an unsettling defense form in my mind in response to their tone.
With barred teeth, clenching down as I ushered my consciousness to seize the limbo-state I seemed to encompass; much like a person still half asleep, I hadn't fully manifested to my awakening. Although it was strenuous, I felt my mind and body reconnect; the nauseating agony I had suffered what felt like moments ago had seized to a diluted state of numbness. As if I could only partially feel the state of my condition, "Hrnk...Kuh!" was the extent of what I could manage to speak; it too was a sound I divulged as I commanded my body to lift from the abdomen to a sitting state.

As I reached to touch my stomach as while I felt pain, it was disconnected; drugged almost. The preceding problem however, was nothing came; revealing the area to my sight, the first thing I came to notice was a lump where once was my left arm; it was separated by the shoulder, leaving little to even maneuver or react to the electrical responses from my system. Although there was no apparent pain centering around it, there was an unusual amount of medical attention focused on it; bandaged and the tinge of herbal aromas exhumed from it's position. "What th-." As I spoke, I reflexively looked up and to the side. Positioned in the corner of the room was a familiar looking canine creature; with globes studying me with haunting interest. "You don't heed to the word 'careful'; do you?" It inquired, if only a rhetorical question.
Stunting an expression of mine to just disbelief at what I was witnessing. "I also don't find'a myself inna'... Places -- Like..." As I spoke, my eyes drifted to scan the particular area I was speaking of, to describe it simply; was a three century old room of a cabin, the wood was ashen and from visual inspection alone looked as if it were moments away from blowing into the wind in the form of dust. With withered folds of cloth, toys and other nick-knacks kicking around the area with no particular purpose aside from perhaps giving the area more of a comforted appeal-- For what it was worth. "This..." I spoke with a final resolution, "Whera'.. Exactly is this?"

The wolven creature stirred, standing up on all fours; it's stride smooth, calculated and concise. "Just a part of this realm of sorts; it served well enough to manner your wounds, and I suspect to aid in giving you an air of comfort. But, while I wish to sit here and talk idle chatter for the next few decades; you're here for a few reasons- And I suspect I can answer many of your lingering questions just by speaking what's on my mind." Upon arriving near the bedside, it sat down on his rear, but maintained a stature of strength with it's forelegs still extended; at this level it was just about in line with my height sitting up. "Wella'... While I'r sit an' wither; give'er hell." I replied, shimmying my form to sprawl my legs out the side of the bed, facing the wolf a couple feet away. My expression; clearly uncomfortable with the scenario, but with a reluctant acceptance of the situation at hand.

"Good. To begin, the fight you partook in was no dream; despite the disjointedness you might feel from it. Your arm is testament to it's reality." It had gestured with it's snout towards said spoken topic, "While my current form is much smaller; it was in-fact me that you engaged in combat, and although I was vague when we first met about the purpose; it was intentional." It paused for a breath, a time I took to stroke my hair from my face and back. "I was ambiguous with my intents to test not only you; but the thing that was dwelling within' the dragon of sorts... It was a manifestation of your past fury, that over the years washed away with your age. As I am certain you noticed, the longer the fight proceeded, the thicker the fog and the growing pain in your arm became." While he paused, I narrowed my eyes; seeming have confirmed his comment. "We suppressed the dragon to force you to begin the adaptation process. Something that the shadow world you inhabited would conflict with-- Rather violently."
Once more, it had looked to where my arm formerly inhabited. "That was the sickness that infected you, the energy of the shadow world you inhabited only partially. The thing that caused the damage was the natural energy that this place is in overabundance of; since this area is tied intrinsically to the Youkai Wolves. The violent explosion of sickness was from what you refer too as 'Bahamut' lashing out in response." He paused, seeming to give me a moment to process the newfound information.

I went to speak, pausing to gather my thoughts afore extending my palm by the elbow towards the wolf; just a typical gesture of conversation, "Soa' t' two sides'er my nature collided; 'n I was ... Literally, cut'offa 'cuz of it." A pause befell, "More or less.. On the other hand, this test of sorts had unexpected results with your arm... The severing was due to the explosive nature of the disease, I cut it to prevent further damage. Besides, I got the results I wanted other than that. You see-- The fog you encountered was something of a manifestation of your two sides conflicting, but it displayed that the natural energy of the area was finding residence with you and not causing inherent harm. You perhaps noticed it's presence, even if you weren't completely aware. Feeling the nature of the life around you, and reacting to it almost as if it were a second sense." I blinked, thinking back for some moments; with only a gentle nod, after figuring I thought I knew what he spoke of.

"The reason; I suspect your mind had trot to next.. Well you see, we've been considered advocating towards declaring a Sage of our kind, the sort to exist as a boundary, emissary and mentor of our kind to the realm outside here. This of course, not as easy as simply declaring someone to be the bearer of the title; but they must be compatible with the energy of our kind; and be willing." He paused, giving me a moment to think; and perhaps say my piece. "So'a-- I'm still 'ere, s' I suspect I'm compatible... But willin'?" I turned my attention to my now departed arm, and over-all; pretty roughed up state. "S'pose I'er said yes, 'n the condition I can'na leave if I don' wanna continue?"

"Well, before that. Truth is... You're not one-hundred percent compatible... You're enough to serve as the Sage, if you seek to do so; but you're not what our kind register as... A true Sage; or complete, in any case." I exhaled lightly, "S'mia' sorta' a bargain-bin sort. Figures'." I chalked up a smirk, I wasn't exactly offended by the fact; maybe a bit amused by the circumstances that led me here. "'N for the secon' question?"

"Well, the truth is you've already somewhat undergone the first stages of the training... You've effectively passed the trials of skin and pain. A lot of what's left is simply mastering the harnessing of the latent energy around you and possessing it. For passive and active use, which with your repoire shouldn't take too long, however there are some rather significant effects that incur on a person through using too much, which you will soon find out; given you lack of complete compatibility. Ultimately, you may choose to no longer walk down this path. But we've all made it agreed upon that we would find you suitable to the task." He paused, watching me; I shifted uncomfortably in my position as my eyes drifted to the deranged flooring. Contemplating the course of events, and ultimately where either path would lead me.

"If you choose to pursue the training; you are welcome to the scrolls in this building, and the land is yours to explore. If you do not, you can leave the way you came. We will not judge you; and will continue to work with you as agreed on our contract."

I nodded, looking up to see the wolf depart.

Sage to go along with my age, hnm...

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."
"Ikiyouto."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sometime later; I found myself stepping carefully across the creaking and cracking wooden flooring of the building. Through an expanse of what felt like endless doors shifted and contorted into a maze of rooms that were littered with scrolls, texts, novels, historical accounts and varying scriptures of these Youkai; to call them a family would be albeit strange- however they weren't far off. Although my accounts of the information that I had been absorbing throughout the passage of time here are foggy if at best- the lineage is more-or-less something akin to a pack, with blood being a minor requirement; and replaced by the matter of honor or respect. These youkai aren't necessarily evil but were left to live with the cards they were dealt. Through various challenges, atrocities and in most cases unplanned hardships- these canines found themselves in this place. Much like I, with the difference of species dividing us inherently.

"Right..." Replying to myself to a question un-asked. More-so, something that had dwelled on my mind since the interaction I had with Ikiyouto. Which was of course, the matter of training myself with this-- Energy of sorts. With a drawn exhale to emphasize myself to create an air of decision making, I clasped the book that rest in my remaining hand and let the buffeting dust filter the air; creating something of a briefed stasis of time.

"Well'a. I'm 'ere; 'aught to give'er a try... I s'pose." Casting my gaze to the door that lead to the outdoors, my lidded eyes expressing my hesitation; or perhaps reserved curiosity. Casually sliding the book back too it's home, I coursed carefully to the outdoors- if that's what it really was.

Although the fog was effectively non-existent in the air now, it still held a feeling of heaviness. Breathing needed to be controlled; else I might find myself faint, or dizzy leaving my systems to normal subconscious action. With no one in particular to be found in any direction, left strictly an outstretched land of filtered greens, blues and dullen brown and black rocks strewn across a damaged landscape. "Guess'aught t' just pick'a spot'n giver' uh." Another bout of air shot from my nostrils; an aged expression of acceptance of circumstances, I figured.

Without much effort, I found an adequate rock, in an adequate area, with an adequate amount of colored air, with an adequate amount of oppressive silence. All in all, it was just a basic rock formation and everything else was mediocre. But there I sat, figuring I would be something of a cliché and placed my legs in a crossed form as you read in books of meditation; and propped the back of my hand atop my knee-- And well the other wasn't there, so it just sort of did it's own thing.
Truth be completely told, I wasn't particularly sure what to search for- Or what I was supposed to feel. Ikiyouto expressed my connection too it already during our engagement, and while I think I know what they spoke of.. It's certainly not something I'm particularly understanding of how to control or bring into action by whim. So here I sat... Staring into the endless static black abyss of a backdrop, and the swirling energies of the land around me.

"Am'I patient enough'fer this... That t' real test, I wonder..."

This might be awhile.

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."
"Ikiyouto."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Through passing the Test of Will; Shieo finds himself at odds with himself and nature, with only himself the information given and his spirit to overcome the next trails. Furthering down the journey of development.
Here I sat for sometime; the passage of time felt much like the environment and air that lingered about listlessly. While there was a feeling of passing air, it was somewhat disjointed; would be the best way i could describe it. As if it were brushing against my skin from all directions simultaneously without affecting the crossing currents that would normally occur. The fumes that originally were pungent and somewhat unbearable for me to endure if I hadn't been engaged in the heat of a dire battle, seemed all but lost now- There was a smell, but it was of faint sulfur and the wafting dash of soil. Otherwise, a fairly normal odor for the landscape that spanned in all directions.

With the matter of which my understanding of this particular energy extends to about as far as my fight with the youkai Ikiyouto, and even then; I wasn't exactly sure what was occurring- or that I was even interacting with it to begin with. They simply described that I had begun tapping into it without a conscious thought about it. Combat intuition I guess? Nevertheless, searching for a needle in a hay-stack would be a mostly accurate description of my goals for the day.

For some passing moments following, the silence was unyielding; with both eyes shut closed and attempting to commune with anything. It really just drew an impatient groan from within' and an aged wrinkle to crease across my forehead, "This 's troublesome..." Without much more time, I nudged myself from the typical meditative posture and stood up. Making way to do a few paces for any number of feet in either direction; my vision scanning the abyss horizon for nothing and everything. "How d' I even find somethin' I dun' even know what'm lookin' for..." Another passing groan, pausing my footsteps were replaced with the sounds of approaching ones. Much larger than my own however.

Turning to look at the encroaching figure was none other than Ikiyouto, the beast I initially fought at my arrival. "You seem lost-- troubled." It spoke with the confidence that it already knew, with the air of a statement. I simply watched the flowing fur that coated it's snout; with silent interest I figured it had come to express more information on the matter, rather than a fleeting interest in mocking me. "Hmhm... You seek something that simply cannot be found. It is an energy that is outside the bounds of normality; even for those who adhere the highest echelons of the world of Shinobi." The sizable beast had strolled next to me, and brought itself down to a seated position- looking at me a moment, afore turning its attention outwards to the darkness. "Which isn't to say it's impossible, of course. Simply different methods to achieve what you seek. You see, you shinobi often rely on the raw source of chakra that flows as freely within' you as does your blood. A means of draining yourself for the access of power; while you create wonders, without the energy that courses through you, you are unable to commit to these spectacles." During this time, I wandered to find myself a couple meters next to Ikiyouto, lowering myself once more to a seated position; taking the time to listen to it's words carefully. "Nature Energy; or Nature Chakra as many shinobi have coined it as; is less chakra that is central too you, but central to everything- which isn't to say you're exempt, but instead you are simply a part of a greater whole. Anything from a rock, to the particles of dust in the air, to the salt and water of the oceans; it all flows with Nature Energy; some more, some less. But always constant. Even the jutsu that you shinobi expel, by the laws of nature come with the factors of Nature Energy. It is of an element of course."

"Hm... So'er I won' find it, 'cause it's everywhere; hidden in plain sight- 'n even hidden within' me. Neh-- So'er what then?" Drawing my arm up to mount my chin atop my palm. "Instead of searching, just take the time to feel. I will aid you to begin; by imbuing a minor amount of Natural Energy within' you in a concentrated form- you should be able to slowly zone in on that. But heed my warning- You are not limited in how much Natural Chakra you can harness and manifest to your encouragement- But too much can lead to physical deformations towards whichever your natural attunement is-- And in rare cases, the changes are irreversible.." I turned to look at the canine creature a moment, an eyebrow arched and curiously studying the expression of the beast. "Hun' s'yer speak the truth.. Love'leh." Exhausting a breath of air through my nose, I simultaneously lifted myself to a standing position and faced the wolf. "Wella' I got this far'n y'already took 'm arm.. Mays well go the ways. So let's get started."

With the large shifting of the beast, it stood back up and faced me; silence befell the two of us as the creature sized me up; "Right... Prepare yourself Shieo." In that moment, a glow of energy slithered from the confines of the massive beasts' fur and wreathed throughout the air and made its way eerily towards my person. As it reached my skin, the lathering energy caressed the outside of my form- only to twist into pointed tendrils that twisted and shot into my body.
It was life-- And then darkness.

[MFT]
[WC = 923]
Thought
"Speech."
"Ikiyouto."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Through passing the Test of Will; Shieo finds himself at odds with himself and nature, with only himself the information given and his spirit to overcome the next trails. Furthering down the journey of development.
Sitting up, I felt the folds of my blanket drift off my form to my lap; with the twisted distortions of gravity that inhabited this landscape it no longer came as a surprise to the feathering fall of so many objects-- Some of which just drifted endlessly; as such was denoted by the stray pieces of wood and other miscellany that perused with no direction in my room.
I addressed my form with a drowsy examination; the arm was still missing- and my body was lethargic, despite the matter that I just awoke from a rather lengthy rest. Thinking back, although Ikiyouto indicated that the training had been going well enough; I couldn't help but feel the drag on my systems as the efforts continued. One would initially think that harnessing and existing with something as natural as the energy of Nature itself would be rewarding-- revitalizing even; would be surprisingly proven otherwise. Our bodies are meant to inhabit the space along side the energy in cohesion. However, attributing oneself to the trials of a Sage meant you had to intake and wield this energy-- In abundance it began to twist and distort your form-- Much like the gravity had been warped in this landscape.

Dragging myself to the other side of the room, with sloppy footwork and a poor weight distribution only echoed my thumping against the wooden slats. I had a destination in mind; with the dresser at my foot, I reached out and drew a hand-mirror; scanning over my facial features and hair. "Hunh' back'ta ner'mul I s'pose... 'Unno'fa ever get used't'it." I sniffed, habitually. Returning the mirror back to the dresser top. Figuring the next trials were to continue as it were, today; each day I recovered fully, the push continued.

I was warned. Of course, I accepted knowing that I was about to enter another abnormal situation that could very well impose greatly in not just my physical health; but my psyche and emotional state in tow. But looking back, I believe that the effects will remain with me for the course of my life... Initially the changes were wild, erratic and dangerous-- The first trial I underwent something of a transmorphing, with my hair lengthening, fangs protruding and claws growing from the tips of my fingers. All physically grotesque and oozing of puss and blood through the vile contortions.. But the worst that came of it was the psychological deterioration. The vile form that afflicted me also sunk into the crevices of my mind; subduing me into a primal instinct, causing a forceful lashing outwards with Ikiyouto being the direct recipient of it. Perhaps a saving grace was the matter that not only was the being prepared, but I was out of my norm; by body and over-all processes were against the better judgement of the madness; and I was easily reduced to a condition that could only encourage recovery-- That is to say, unconscious.

As these bouts of training my body to not only endure the effects of the Natural energy that coursed through it, but to prepare myself to harness it and to use the effects to my benefit. After-all, while natural energy itself posed unique and wondrous effects that had the capacity to be interpreted into jutsu. It too, under enough supervision could alter my body in a safe capacity with the benefits of partially becoming a part of the nature of the contract I attuned to. Over-all, it was a rather meticulous course of sessions; each intended to strike out a single challenge that I faced the trial before.

I had been keeping count of days as best I could; given the rather challenging lack of sun or real quantifying source of time in this place. I quickly lost track; I figured it had been a few days where Ikiyouto corrected me to weeks, and weeks turned to what I believe now to be months- Given the track record.

Clenching down on my right hand, feeling the flow of blood coursing through my body as the time spent recollecting got me to a place of alacrity; my body revving into something akin to normality. Making my way outside, to the dreary darkness that I for the time, have been calling home during these tests. With none in-sight, including Ikiyouto. I found myself trailing to my usual outcrop of stone; it gave a rather impressive sight of what could be seen in this blackening abyss- plus it was something I simply formed a rather human attachment too. With little interaction in this place, anything seemed to be worth investing into-- Nevertheless, I lowered myself down to a cross-legged position and stared back to the main portion of the land, with the small shack that had been serving as my home.

"Right-o..." I thoughtlessly worded to myself, as I brought my eyes to a close; encapsulated by the evolving darkness that swirled with no course in my mind and vision. The sensations of the energy had been slowly becoming easier to not only discern but reach out too without touching or utilizing chakra- a beacon to myself that drew the nature within'. For now, it has been a rather slow process to gather any surmountable quantity without Ikiyouto's aid, but as the days turned to weeks and weeks to months- the pace had been showing notable increase in speed. Even if it were still somewhat laughable..

Exerting a paced breath, I returned my vision to take in the dullen landscape; the darkening blacks and now oranges filled my iris' as the energy coalesced through my system. For now... To hold it and be one with it... I wonder how long I will last before the beast drags me into my subconscious.

[WC = 959]
Thought
"Speech."
"Ikiyouto."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back