Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Protect Your Nuts [Mentoring Kin]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo's body was leaning against a tree as his eyes staring intently at a sheet of paper. Any who watched him would see his face flinch for a moment, and the paper would fold itself into different shapes. Butterflies, lady bugs, dragonflies. He was focusing on small creatures, as he was still getting the hang of his paper jutsu. After cycling through five creatures, he grabbed the sheet from the air and looked around.

The young man was awaiting a boy, blonde supposedly. He didn't know much else except for a name, Kin. Tomo's sister, Sonoko, had informed her brother that he'd be mentoring Kin today. Of course, the first question the dual-haired man asked was, 'why me,' to which his sister promptly declared that it was due to his gifts.

Kicking himself off the tree, Tomo crossed his arms, and a barrier formed around him in an instant. As he held up the barrier, and closed his eyes to ponder. "How does one even go about teaching someone about barrier use?" Tomo himself had been self-taught, and his mastery of them had come from years of practice utilizing them against his twin sister. The desire to not be used as a dress-up doll was quite the motivation.

Tomo lowered the barrier and shifted the headband on his forehead. "Well, I guess I'll just pray to Raiden that I get a good kid. One that ISN'T crazy would be nice." Tomo's experience with the youth of Kumogakure had not been the most pleasant. It seemed they were either brash, or secretly insane. Both were undesirable traits to the young man. He scanned the obstacle course again in search of his student.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VILgSsesD0 thread theme? )

A day of learning, a day of reckoning. Kin had kept from the spotlight thus far, but it was only a matter of time before they jammed him into someone's care. That is what his mother had told him. Though he didn't remember too much of her, the scarf she left him stayed wrapped around his neck to help cover up his lower face. Heading out he made sure to pack the basic gear he had been told to keep on him, his pistol and a few kunai. With orders to receive training from a more specialized ninja, he wasn't sure what he'd be focusing on; thus far his focused training had mostly been over the basics of ranged combat and chakra molding.

With a 'polite' smile plastered on his young face he stepped to the obstacle course. His instructor was a Mochizuki, Tomo and Kin's teacher had told him that Tomo would be hard to miss due to his age. Kin wasn't sure if this meant the shinobi was very old and wise or a young prodigy. Thoughts on an older teacher brought about some sort of physical specialization where a younger instructor would more then likely have some profound mastery over ninjutsu or genjutsu.

Introducing himself to the first "old man" he saw at the course ended in apology and bowing, where the Kin's first introduction to a very young looking ninja lead to confusion and splitting of paths. Checking to and fro Kin seemed out of place, not truly in his element and yet dressed for the area with his non-restrictive gear.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo cocked an eyebrow as he caught sight of a boy looking around in bafflement. "I think that's the kid. Surprised he didn't see me. I could have sworn Sonoko told him to look for blue and black hair." It was for that reason that Tomo had kept his hair down. It was easier to see the dual hair color when it wasn't braided. Shrugging, Tomo made his way to the boy. Time slowed in his head as he realized he had no idea how he was going to present himself to this child. Should I be a firm, strict teacher? A cheerful, optimistic teacher? Should you let me take over your body? Tomo gave a grunt of disapproval. Haruki always found the most ridiculous times to chime in.

Remembering his sister's words on positive encouragement, Tomo decided on the jovial route. It was easier to go from nice to mean than mean to nice. He took in a breath, prepping himself to use his old pop idol persona. Reaching the boy from behind, Tomo lightly knocked him on the head with his knuckles. When the kid turned around, Tomo gave a large smile. "Kin I take it? Mochizuki Tomo, manager-in-training and returning idol of the Mochizuki Troupe." Tomo pointed to himself with his thumb as he began spewing his title. He waited for confirmation from Kin before continuing. "Alright kiddo, let's head over to the area I reserved and get crackin'!" Tomo's overly jolly facade didn't quite fit him, as he was now too tall and too old to be the hyperactive idol he used to be as a teen. He turned to lead Kin to a nearby clearing, frowning to himself while his back was turned.

Reaching the location, Tomo turned back to the kid to address him. "Alright, barriers. Barriers are your friends. Don't be afraid to pop one out when you feel in danger." Even Tomo was getting a bit sick of his corny self. Shaking the feeling away, he went on. "To start, let's try making a very simple barrier. They are a bit advanced, so you won't be able to make a very large one. But hey, starting early means you'll be amazing at this once you've matured!" Tomo resisted the need to roll his eyes at himself. He showed Kin the hand seals required for a simple barrier. "Again, yours probably won't cover much, so just focus on making a small disc in front of you. I find it helps to put yourself in a mindset to want to be protected...or to protect another if there's someone special to you." Tomo's thoughts always stuck to self-preservation. He was a bit selfish like that. He placed his hands behind his head and watched Kin. With luck, this boy would be a natural, and the Mochizuki wouldn't have to do much else.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A sharp strike and a quick turn found the odd soul he had been sent to find. His eyes squinted as he tried to take in this cheerful disposition, it seemed strange to come from someone who was an adult. 'Lets get crakin' was the first line that Kin felt he had a response, "Alright."

Stepping to a space that seemed of no importance Kin's instructor burst into notes about barriers. Watching closely he took in the gestures required of the basic barrier creation. It didn't seem very advanced, but on that same line of thought Kin knew his chakra control wasn't the greatest either.

'Protect myself' he thought as he slowly went through the hand signs, his pacing overly slow as he tried to gather resources and envision the disk. As his hands came to a pause a near transparent and concave film of chakra formed a basic barrier. With less size then his face and a shape that was more likely to deflect a blow then stop it he looked at Tomo. "Why didn't I get anything," he inquired, the thin and small "shell" passing out of his sight as his gaze swapped between the air in front of him and his instructor.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo watched Kin do as instructed, and gave a nod when he saw the small disk. However, Kin seemed rather disappointed in it, and inquired as to why it didn't work out the way he hoped. Tomo spoke, his voice a little less bubbly than before, and more like an instructor's tone. "What are you talking about? That is a great start. I wasn't able to start making barriers until I had learned my advanced element." He flicked the disk lightly, and aside from a small crack in the center, it held up pretty well. "Some find making pure chakra barriers to be difficult. I happened to be one of them at your age. For you to have made this is impressive." The tone in Tomo's voice told he wasn't lying. He gave Kin a small smile. "Perhaps you need to find your elemental specialties and focus on making barriers with those." Tomo put a finger and thumb on his chin. "Though I did see a little hiccup that might have caused the disk to be concave."

Tomo closed his eyes to think on how he would explain it to Kin. "Your hand seals were slow. Now before you get all huffy, I know that you were making sure to get them perfect and get your body all prepped for channeling. That's good when you start, but that is the reason your jutsu might have turned out weaker. Using jutsu...it's like striking a match. Wait, have you even used a match? Nevermind, I'm sure you've seen someone use one. When you slide the match across the box, it has to be slow enough that the friction can really connect, but fast enough to get a spark. The same with hand seals. You were going so slow, your body wasn't able to kick out that spark you wanted." Boy, teaching is harder than I thought. I really need to praise Sonoko more.

Tomo did the signs again, this time at the minimum pace Kin would probably need to do it in. "This is about how fast you need to go, at least. Run through the seals a few times, then you should be able to get the speed down." The young man crossed his arms. "With enough practice, you could even be able to skip the seals all together. But...that would be a lesson for another day, once you're a bit stronger." Tomo moved to the tree he'd been leaning on previously. "Once that barrier is a bit more sturdy, I'll give you a little practice using it." He frowned. "Don't worry, I'm not a psychotic trainer like the others of this village." Flashes of earth training caused a shiver to run down his spine. "It won't be life threatening, promise."

[WC: 460]
[MFT]

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Not bad' he heard and the visible cracks floating in the air had meant something was made. It was just too thin for an untrained eye to grasp well. His finger opened and closed as he nodded, attempting to take in what his new mentor was saying. "But wouldn't an element mean more fine control is needed to form it?" The question rang out, but was quickly swept aside, perhaps unheard. Tomo had moved onto one of the issues, timing.

He needed to go faster? But slower allowed for more chakra collection and more chakra means stronger moves. 'The more powerful the jutsu, the more control you need. Of course you will also need more chakra' Kin thought back at what his instructors had told him. 'Faster then' he told himself as he watched a new pace to keep track of.

Not focusing his energies at all this time he ran through the symbols. Twice over and a third passed before they felt like it made sense. Tomo had wandered up into the nearby tree and Kin felt he had a grasp on it. He sat down and set one leg atop the other as he did with his molding training. Pressing his energies out from his core he kept his presence brimming with the efforts of his practice. 'This is what that guy with the headband meant' Kin thought as his hands started making seals. As he carried forward his hand speed increased and at the end he clasped his hands together and called out "Now!" What was previously a tiny concave disk was now a blue sheen-ed 'shape'. From face sized to roughly chest sized the barrier had expanded greatly, but had no cohesive shape.

It wasn't right, Kin could see it but it needed to be something sturdy or else any weak point was going to be exploited. With a grunt and a push Kin tried to channel more chakra into it to alter it.

[ooc: feel free to have it "do" what you'd like.]
[WC: 328][MFT]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo watched Kin, nodding to himself as the boy worked his hand seals. Only now realizing Kin had asked a question, he rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed that he was being so one-sided in this lesson. "If you have an affinity towards an element, it tends to make things easier. That being said, it is also possible to be a master of...well...Non-elemental jutsu." Tomo himself had little knowledge of jutsu without an element. It was easy to grasp the concept of an element, because it had a physical form, or like the wind, could be visibly seen affecting things as it blew. The elements were concrete. Non-elemental, however, was something far more abstract. It could only be thought of as raw energy, at least that was what his siblings with a gift in such jutsu would say. Tomo forced himself to focus again. "I find using Lightning and Wind to be a simple task, some of the easier jutsu take about as much thought as breathing." Tomo shook his head. "Ah, but we shouldn't get sidetracked by elements, or lack thereof. We'd be here all day. Let us focus on the task at hand."

Approaching Kin again as the boy made another barrier attempt, Tomo leaned in close to examine it. "Noooot bad. Still a bit flimsy, but you're getting there. Remember that the farther away the barrier is from you, and the larger it is, the more chakra you utilize. It's best to keep your barriers just large enough to protect you and close to your body so you don't waste chakra." He gave a nod. "Just take it slow and steady, day by day. Keep practicing and in a few months you may..." Tomo's brows furrowed as the chakra barrier began to fluctuate. His head darted to Kin, and his face pulled back in panic. "Raiden's fundoshi!"

It was too late. Not even Tomo's barrier could stop it. Kin's barrier exploded in a mini burst of chakra, and Tomo's face was right in front of it. He fell back with a grunt, and stayed there momentarily. After a few seconds, he pulled himself up with his hand pressed against his black hair. Blood began to soak Tomo's glove, and some of it slowly poured down the side of his face. He ground his teeth in pain. "Shhhhi-" Tomo paused, remembering he was in the presence of a kid. "Shih tzu." It was a lame cover, but he didn't care, his brain was throbbing. He opened his eyes, which weren't focused. "That was..." Tomo fell to the ground as his eyes rolled back in his head.

A few more seconds passed before Tomo rose again. However, something seemed...different about him as he gave a smirk. "That was a...BLAST! Oooohoohoohoo!" Tomo's manner of speech was unusual, a complete turnaround from his earlier pattern. And that laugh, it bordered on creepy. He popped up with a surprising amount of gusto considering his bleeding skull. He pouted his lips as he placed his hand again upon his head. He then held it out to examine it. "Well, that is rather unfortunate. Crusty hair is unbecoming. What would my Darling Haruko think?" This question was obviously not directed at anyone in particular.

The man looked past his hand, and finally noticed Kin standing there. "Oooohoohoohoo! Looks like I'M the mentor now! I will be far more entertaining than Tomo-boy the fuddy-duddy." The man gave a smile and flicked his blue bangs from his face. "You may call me Haruki-sensei. Or if you are feeling especially awestruck by my gloriousness, Haruki-sama." He gave a wink before continuing, his motions over-exaggerated and flamboyant. "Tomo-boy taught you all well and good with his barriers, but he needs to cover more than just crafting one. Time for some fundamentals *Gin!" The man pointed his finger up and held it before his face. He began to pace, his eyes closed. "You should keep in mind that there are numerous varieties of barriers. Even the simple barrier you were making has a plethora of ways to channel your chakra."

The man now named Haruki stopped pacing and closed his eyes. When they flicked open, a barrier materialized. However, this one gave off an eerily green glow, and almost appeared to be alive. Currently it was in the form of a mini dome surrounding him. "This type is referred to as Energy Sphere. It gives you protection against Taijutsu, as well as Ninjutsu, but it isn't as strong due to it covering your entire body. It doesn't help against Genjutsu. Also, you're trapped in here, so you won't be able to physically attack anyone while within." Haruki blinked, and the barrier took the form of a wall, which looked thin everywhere except for his head. "This is known as Wall of Spirits. It is used to defend against Elemental Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. It's a bit stronger than Energy Sphere, but cannot protect you against Taijutsu. It also takes more concentration because you are focusing on protecting your mind, so you won't be able to physically attack or use the elements." One more blink and another wall appeared. This one appeared compact and solid. "Lastly, this is Energy Wall. This barrier is meant to be more reactionary. You create it to block a single attack, aside from Genjutsu. It will dissipate after getting hit once, but it is sturdy and should be able to hold off a strong attack." To prove his point, Haruki clenched his fist and punched the barrier he'd created with all his might. His face began to spasm as his hand slammed against his barrier. He shook it out. "Tomo-boy, you need to work out more. That was just pathetic. You made me look silly in front of Gin."

Haruki cleared his throat, trying to pretend that he had not just done that. "Alright Gin, time to put what you learned to the test." Haruki smiled and pointed to his head. "I shall berate you, with a Genjutsu named Tickle. If you should fail now, you'll be in a pickle. You'll laugh till your sides hurt, or until your throat's dry. As for this rhyming, don't question why. Oooohoohoohoo!" Obviously impressed with his impromptu poetry recital, Haruki's fingers wiggled at each other. "Better get ready to protect that brain of yours Gin." Haruki would be kind enough to wait for Kin to actually create the barrier before quickly doing his hand seals and sending out his Genjutsu.

*This is not a typo. Gin is Japanese for silver. ;D

[WC: 1,082]
[MFT]

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The additional instructions about typing went in one ear and out the other, he had enthralled himself in his focus to the point of it blowing up. light singes and a dark color coming over his face the dust settled. His focus wasn't lacking, his lack of flinching as it went off evidence of his conviction or his safety due to the explosion's direction. His chakra control is what needed to be tuned. Feeling a little shocked he thought on how it felt. 'You can even skip the hand seals' and 'keep pushing little guy' echoed through his head. Debating on how to re-create that crawling, explosive, chakra barrier. The soft thump of Tomo's body against the dirt as he collapsed drew the young shinobi's attention to him. "Are you alright teacher?" Standing up and brushing off his bum Kin started to step towards Tomo, "Haruko?" Tomo rose from the ground and spoke erratically compared to before. Kin's eyes squinted as he tried to figure out what just happened.

Noticing the sight of blood on Tomo's hand Kin started to speak up before noticing him talking to himself. 'People with head injuries are in need of medical care, but they can also be very confused. Be prepared to subdue them if they get violent, as trained people can become violent in their confusion.' Kin tried to determine how bad Tomo was hurt but was interupted with a slew of speech. A new mentor? Haruki? His head must have been hit very hard and yet, he didn't seemed slowed in the slightest. He was even more vigorous now. 'Maybe hes a berserker type' Kin pondered as the explanations of barrier types washed over him. The youngin couldn't alternate his focus on more then one thing and was zoned-out in his own little world.

Haruki slammed his fist into a barrier and it snapped Kin's attention back to reality. "Gin?" the question seemed lost to the wind as
Haruki let out a challenge to his understanding. 'Genjutsu? Why would a berserker use genjutsu?'

"Then I will make a wall and then you'll go to the infirmary." Spreading his legs out into a wide fighting stance Kin clasped his hands. With a strong burst a ripple of chakra escaped his core before he started his hand signs. 'He is going to attack my mind, I need to form a wall that will protect it.' With the final handsign formed Kin focused the barrier into a very plain mask, just large enough to block his face. This white mask-shaped barrier started to twist and warp like his last barrier, 'More. More! MORE KIN!' he heard as his teeth gritted and his barrier started to wrap around the sides of his face, its form over his face growing indents of what looked like teeth. Kin's barrier developed into more of a true mask then a simple wall, the shaping obscure and faint. The mask's crawling growth stopped reached his ears and he stood still, completely focused on trying to keep his barrier from bursting.

mask_by_kuragai-d9659eu.png

[ooc:from here down is an edit, I did a little more digging on the site and thought this extra bit was needed to help keep for the forward pacing.]

Tomo's genjutsu was swiftly loosed and before long Haruki's assault took grasp over Kin. With a grin overcoming his mouth Kin strained against the sensation to keep his barrier. The young body began to convulse lightly as he started to laugh ever so lightly. With each passing breath the mask would let off a pulse of blue coloration. Shortly after the fifth pulse a spider crack appeared over the center. Kin had resisted some of the genjutsu, but his barrier was not prepared to shield him properly.

The crack expanded and Kin lost his center. Laughing and wriggling on the ground the mask split open. A flash of red came over his right eye and then the chakra shell let loose a powerful burst of chakra. Nowhere near as strong due to the constrained use of additional chakra it was more then enough to silence the laughing child and kick up a cloud of dust and soot. His face burned and the grass browned he lay still.

[wc:509][MFT]
[ooc: As the mentor, I felt you'd have control over the torture? of your students so feel free to keep up the assault~.]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kin's barrier was successful as it blocked much of Haruki's mental attack. However, between Kin's inexperience, and Haruki's Genjutsu strength, enough was able to slip in. Kin began to chuckle as it felt like a feather duster tickled his armpits. The man crossed his arms and nodded enthusiastically. "Good good good. You are indeed getting the hang of this I do believe. An interesting way to form Wall of Spirits, as it isn't much of a wall at all...oohoohoohoo...but it got the job done. You'd be giggling up a storm by now if you hadn't..." Haruki was cut short as a small blast caught his ear. His head stopped bobbing and he focused on the now grounded Kin. "Seems a bit of karma was in order."

Kneeling before the boy, Haruki created a green barrier around the child, and it healed him ever so slightly. The man spoke aloud to himself, unaware if Kin was conscious or not. "Spirits do rather love me, and are giddy to patch people up if I call upon them." He bent down to examine Kin more closely. "But I'm afraid if you can't commune with spirits, you won't be able to make fabulous healing barriers like myself. Oohoohoohoo!" After his flamboyant laugh, Haruki straightened himself and placed a finger to his chin. "At least I don't think so...Tomo-boy and I aren't quite knowledgeable on many types of jutsu. Mayhaps you'll surprise us one day Gin my boy." Whether Kin caught these words or not was of little consequence to Haruki.

Haruki crossed his arms and pouted slightly. "Well, I waaaaas going to have one final test for you, protecting your nuts and all, but I suppose you aren't in the best of shape to be doing that. I am a merciful mentor after all." The barrier dispersed, and Haruki hauled Kin's arms over his shoulders and pulled the boy into a piggyback ride. "I guess we'll be heading to the infirmary after all. When you're better, I'll have to give you that last task. Maybe then you won't keep blowing people up. Oohoohoohoo!" The man trotted off with Kin in tow, off to the hospital they did go.

[Topic Left]
Mentorship complete! Barriers learned about and used.

Kin, please post ->here<- stating where you want your 5 reward stat points to go.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While his body wasn't badly damaged, the point blank boom had been more then enough to put the youth to rest. Haruki had patched him up a little and began to lug him off to the infirmary. The trip wouldn't be terribly long, but the warmth of his body and the beat of his heart helped whisk Kin to a place he hadn't been in a long time. For once his nightmares would be held off a place of solace would be his dreamscape as he made his way to the place of aid.

The 'loud' ringing in his ears was the last of Kin's sense to record before he blacked out. He "woke up" in his bed, the room pitch black. His eyes darted from side to side as he tried to adjust his sight. A loud thump, thump, thump started to echo through Kin's childhood home within the temple. "Spirits" echoed once through the halls as Kin spoke up, "Instructor?" The question fell into the nothingness that seemed to surround all but a small space around his bed. "Mom?" Kin called out through the list of names of those he trusted, each returning no echo. no response, and no changes in his surroundings. 'Why am I here? Why is it so dark?' Kin thought as he squinted trying to see what was going on.

"Having a hard time seeing," a haunting echo let through the darkness, the voice noble and warm sounding.

"Oohoohoohoo!" Haruki's giggle echoed through the darkness once more before Kin could respond.

A subtle thunk and a cold press brought a flash of light to the young shinobi's room. The once stone and wooden walls now decorated with stained glass windows that seemed to peer into nothing. "What happened to my home," Kin questioned as he took in a room that he didn't quite remember. Another flash of light triggered as the bumps stopped.

The room grew dark and the voice spoke up once more. "Maybe next time you'll see better..." Kin's eyes opened to find he was in the infirmary, resting in plain room. "Or maybe you'll need my help."

His body feeling refreshed the young shinobi would be discharged back to the barracks to continue his efforts.

[Topic Left]
[WC: 374] [MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back