Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Quaint [Eros Event]

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Upon hearing the racket from my alarm clock, I shifted my body; stirring myself to a modicum of acuity fitting for being a normal human being. As I lay on my side, covered by an old worn out blanket that you could smell had more years than I had living; I watched the hands on my clock tick in excess repetition. "Huuyh..." Even hearing my own voice, there was something about the dryness that felt even more detached. An exhaustion from expectation, before even dragging myself out of bed. "Hard t' believe I'm g'nna actually do this..." the tone of my voice dragging, like iron through mud.
Much like my voice, I felt my limbs shifting and auto-piloting out of bed-- or my couch more specifically. As I watched the blur of my early morning go by, I couldn't help but reflect; both because I stood in-front of a mirror, but too because this whole scenario was a weird; and foreign situation all together for me. Standing there, observing my matted black hair; slopped against my face and strewn down the nape of my neck from being damp and washed. The prominence of the bags that burrowed themselves underneath my eyes became ever so apparent; was this aging? Perhaps, I wagered silently without the quick-wits of Bahamut stirring my mental habitat. Leading my attention to the most disconnecting thing to my whole image was the most recent addition to my persons-- literally. My left arm was mine own, in the same way clothing is mine; I wear it, and it moves at my beckon through the operations of careful chakra control and meticulously crafted joints and materials. However, it's nature of not being the original still didn't sit right with me completely.
At the moment of finishing the brushing of my teeth, I simply left the toothbrush hang from a feathered bite to keep it there and drew out something akin to a groan and a flummoxed sigh."Sh'pose iz' too lay' to back 'eout." I muttered, with the hygienic tool still propped. I pondered the specifics, my colleagues had submitted my attendance on my account; and against my knowledge. And as penitence for their actions, they promised to fulfill any expenses that were to be incurred as a result of this... Scenario-- I guess being a near-thirties instructor with no lineage is somehow not acceptable. Or something.

Nevertheless, the bulk of the morning following was spent dealing with menial activities. Like brushing my hair for the first time in a few months, or purchasing clothing that didn't come off an animals back-- admittedly, mine were in-fact; off an animals back. So I opted for a simple pair of jeans, a button up t-shirt with some pattern I didn't really care for and shoes; figuring wearing geta was probably what a person would classify as inappropriate footwear. To be frank, if it weren't for my colleagues I wouldn't have even bothered with the change of look. So we compromised, even if they didn't like the jeans and choices entirely; I did point out I am a shinobi, not a doctor. We're not exactly celebrated for being classy.

Sometime later, listening to the reminding footsteps of my footwear against cobblestone that each step brought me closer to this... Date-thing. I had to give a location to the television hosts prior to the day; so I chose a quaint little cafe, a bit troublesome to locate but otherwise. It was small, had a gentle smell of age, coffee and lacked the hustling uproarious nature and sound of the more populated districts of Kumogakure. I found it nostalgic, and in a way; peaceful. I'm a fool; but I figure even if I didn't want to be here beyond the free food and coffee, the other person may. Least I could do is accommodate that with something unique.

As I was spotted by the crew, they shimmied over with their slews of equipment and barraged me with questions of my reasoning of being here, what I expected and various other showy questions. With some basic conversational deflection tactics and simple answers, I think they got a majority of my answers with ''Coffee, food and killing time'' appropriate? Probably not, but that was generally pretty low on my list of priorities.

So I entered the cafe, with the reminiscent jingle of the entry-bell. With the seeming endless delight of the owner, an elderly man waved and greeted me entry; too which reminded me daily that people can grow past the age of fourty in this day and age. His wife passed away I discovered sometime ago, while I come here to escape on occasion for silent reprieve; that doesn't excuse me from hearing tales of the past. From times before even I was born, it was an interesting perspective some-days. But it was something I could appreciate, and notably; I made it clear that the television show was not to disclose the location to avoid over-crowding the area with popularity.

Finding a table empty, with a candle listlessly lofting with a gentle flame. It was scented, one I couldn't quite place; but it wasn't bad I suppose. I guess my time now is to wait and see what comes; or who for that matter. While I sat with a form that was both casual, and a dash of laziness. I couldn't help but find my gloved hand tapping the table quietly, not quickly; but something like a beat. The glove masked the material underneath some, but still carried the hollowed sound of it's artificial nature that the hand, and arm consisted of. Filling the silence of my head, bled into the world around me as I quietly recited my name; it was polite I guess, to get that at least correct. "Shieo, Shieo, Shieo-- Botha' why'm I even here..."

It was then I heard the owner speak with a strange longing to his voice. ''Listen to yourself Shieo, relax. Even a barbarian can be loved; even though you're not one. Worst case, just break out the guns that you're a famous warrior of Kumogakure or something... Or don't'' I watched him for a moment, I guess he was right. Lifting my left hand, and running the fingers of the puppetized arm through my hair, the feeling of the glove was still unusual... It was like something dead was operating for me, disconnecting and unfeeling; right-- I eased a breath. Lets hope they don't get alarmed by the damage, a missing arm, scars and a broken personality. Worst case, I get free food and coffee out of this-- Right?

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko's sandals slapped against the stone pavement as she jogged to her destination. She inwardly chastised herself for taking so long in the shower and fixing her kimono. "Oh, I do hope I am not late." She still had some time before the date officially started, but fate had other plans. A cameraman popped out from a nearby corner, and Sonoko instinctively jabbed the man in the solar plexus. He began to fall, and the woman grabbed the electrical equipment before it could be crushed by the man's weight. "Oh my! Oh dear! I am so sorry! You gave me a horrible fright." When she noticed the camera was still rolling, and firmly pressed against her bosom, she cleared her throat and placed the device gently on the ground. "No, I cannot blame you. If I had not been rushing, I certainly would have noticed you sooner. Please accept my apologies." The crumpled man gave a thumbs up, and a new cameraman took his place. A young lady approached with a microphone and asked what Sonoko hoped to get out of today. Not wanting to ignore them, even if it would cause her to be late, the blue-haired woman smiled tenderly at the camera. "I hope that Eros-sama has gifted me with my one true love. Despite what many of my kind students tell me, my appearance is sure to deteriorate as the years continue. I would like the man destined to be my husband to experience me before my body begins to give away." She began fanning herself lightly as her cheeks grew rosy. "As for the date itself, I only hope to connect with my partner in a meaningful way. It does not matter if it is through a nice meal, or a thrilling cart race through the Seki district. All that matters is that we can both look in each other's eyes and find a spark of attraction." Sonoko's fan picked up speed and she moved her gaze to the reporter. "I do hope this will air at a time when the students will be unable to see. This is rather embarrassing." She chuckled lightly before remembering the time. "Ah! I must be going. I cannot possibly be any later for fear the man will believe I abandoned him! Goodbye." She waved at the TV crew and took off in a sprint.

Sonoko arrived at the cafe door, eyeing the slip of paper in her hand to make sure the address was correct. Upon verifying, she shifted her kimono back into its proper place and bounced the bun in her hair. Her heart fluttered as she clasped the door handle. Come now. You are in your mid-thirties. Do not begin acting like a school girl. Swallowing in an attempt to remove the lump in her throat, the woman opened the door and slid into the cafe. The elder owner took one look at Sonoko and pointed out the lone man seated at a table. She gave the old man a bow of thanks and gracefully approached Shieo. She gave him a bow as well. "It is ever so nice to meet you. I am Mochizuki Sonoko. I hope you will treat me well." After Shieo's introduction, Sonoko's eyes scanned him for a moment, and her gentle smile sunk slightly. "Oh...did I overdress?" She nervously chuckled as she slid into the seat across from the man. "I was so focused on not dressing too casual that I never thought I would end up too formal. I do hope you will not hold it against me." Sonoko slipped her fan into the sleeve of her kimono as she brought all her attention on Shieo. "You look very nice. Your laidback appearance is helping to curb my nerves. I...have admittedly not been on many dates before." She looked down at the table in an attempt to hide the melancholy in her eyes. "I spent most of my youth in service to Kumogakure, thus I had little time to devote to a love life or family." She returned her gaze to Shieo with a tender smile. "But now that I have taken the full-time role of teacher, I am able to open up to others." She tilted her head questioningly. "So in what way would you like us to open up to each other?"

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Upon hearing the jingle of the entrance; I settled my hands atop my lap and with a gentle lean in my chair turned to look over. While my sight caught the owner addressing the new patron, I too caught his gaze and a devilish smirk behind the old man's far too delighted air to the situation; truthfully, I felt my brows furrow gently in retort. At the moment my attention crashed into the woman that entered; I immediately was disarmed off my furrowed brows, and replaced with a raised eyebrow- Well, sh' certi'nly dressed fer somethin', faaar above this.
Although my thoughts were critical, I shifted my gears; and resumed to an expression befitting of a wall- or more accurately, of my usual demeanor. It was timed while she approached to avoid any unnecessary assumptions being discerned by the lady. Assuming she was the sort... Right... Formalities; a thought that crossed as her introductions were in a formal manner. Adjusting the chair back afore her arrival; granted me the freedom to stand and unfittingly nodded my head in response to her bow. Having motioned with my hand something akin to a dismissive gesture, "No need t' bow. An' nice t' make the meet; er' I'm Shieo... No real family t' speak of." Given the matter of a passing second following; it was clear that she wasn't some airhead at the least, an interpretation of my appearance triggered some responses and resolutions in her head as soon as it registered.

"Ah, dun' worry about th' dressing. I've never been' one fer wearing formal clothes m'self." While she took the initiative to sit down across, I caught linear visual of the owner giving me an arched brow, and mouthing something about ''Good one'' sarcasm, I predict. With a brief roll of my eyes, I too had joined by sitting down in my original place. I paused before returning some conversation to the piece about my clothing, "Y'dun need t' try an' justify my wear, it's just clothin'. 'Sides that, s' better if you don't dwell onn't much. Relaxing is ideal." Casting a glance over to the owner, I spoke up; "Innit right, Hamata." too which, I heard him shuffling back further into the kitchen; predictably taking enjoyment in eavesdropping some.

As she continued to speak, I filled in the voids of conversation with what inadequate remarks I could divine. "Fello' teacher'n... An' understandable with the force. Life devout to shinobihood." I muttered, that was until the woman's last comment, question? ... Challenge?

"Ere'.. Opin' up to each other? Hrn.." Despite the acknowledgement that she had the analytical nature of her, justified by the role of her work; I wasn't expecting someone to strike with a question I'd normally use to throw people off. "Figure... Coffee 'er tea? Thin' I might grab a sandwich too." I returned, figuring it might at least set the tone; ever so slightly. And buy the time to think about what kind of response a question like that would draw.

"Hn' truth b' told; not sure. If'a can't tell, I'm not exactly t' sort to do this stuff. M'be better if you took that decision." I felt each of my eyes squint if only a minute amount, I was unsure how to even tailor this situation- A battle, a child, a class, survival... All those were simple endeavors with logic to follow, courses to plot and this? Those fly out the window.

What I hadn't noticed, was my left hand which had been resting atop the table; clench shut- perhaps not hard, but it was a reaction to something I was certainly unfamiliar with. And the involuntary nature of it was a bit unsettling, didn't help I couldn't feel the arm. But the challenges of my own body aside, I returned my gaze to Sonoko; trying to not look too cold. Though, frankly- I don't know how to do that; or what I manage to muster as an expression. Guess that remains to be seen.

Thought
"Speech."

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko's gaze was intense as she hung on Shieo's every word. His body posture and tone told a story of indifference, which worried the woman. Apathy was the worst reaction to have when meeting someone for the first time. Her eyes searched his face, unaware of his uncontrollable hand. She wanted to find something, a spark, a flame, anything. When he insisted that she take the lead on the conversation, she finally broke eye contact and looked at the small menu on the table. Her face held a gentle smile, hiding the concern in her heart. No. This is not an interrogation. That was my past. If I want to know him, it must be through his choice.

She angled the menu up and looked over the options. She turned to face Hamata. "I would greatly like to try the fruit sandwich. For a drink, I will try the iced coffee." She lowered the menu and smiled at Shieo. She wondered if he approved of her choice, because truthfully she had done a bit of research beforehand. While she made sure not to pry into anything too personal, she was able to scrounge up the fact that her date loved coffee. To assume the man would fall for her instantly just because she chose to partake of the drink was silly, she knew, but she couldn't help but try.

Sonoko placed her hands on her lap and lightly nodded. "I understand if you do not wish to divulge your life story. So I propose we keep our conversation light and simple. Likes, dislikes, and hobbies are simple enough, yes?" She placed a hand on her chest. "I like children. I would hope one would if they chose to become a teacher. I like being involved in the lives of those I care for. I am the eldest sibling in a large family, so I take my responsibility of role model and caretaker seriously. I like knowing that there will always be people who rely on me. I know my self-worth should not be dictated by others, but I spent too much of my life having to ignore what was most important to me." She was thankful when her meal arrived, allowing her to look away for a moment to hide her flushed cheeks. She had intended to keep the conversation undemanding, but here she was spouting off about the enjoyment of being nosy. She looked back to Shieo once she had recovered enough poise. "For dislikes, it is difficult to say. I of course abhor the kinds of things most humans should. Lying, stealing, cheating, murder." She lifted her fingers to her lips to hide the awkward smile creeping on her face. "I see the irony in a kunoichi declaring that. But it is for that reason that I retired from my duties that required me to perform such acts." Sonoko lightly cleared her throat, a sign that she didn't feel comfortable continuing down that train of thought. "Finally, hobbies. I occasionally perform in the plays and musicals put on by my family. I am not as adored as my other siblings, but I am told my portrayal of motherly figures is adequate. I also volunteer in the programs aimed to assist the unfortunate youths of Kumogakure. While there are clans and orphanages that try to keep children safe and off the streets, there are some that slip through the cracks, whether that is intentional or not." She opened her palm to her date. "Your turn. Please do not feel obligated to share that which you wish to keep to yourself."

Shieo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
For a time, I just watched with my ever-present half-lidded gaze. It wasn't something I felt terribly worried about controlling; nor did it come up in mind very much. Given my position, and my role in the society of shinobi; the way I looked at people wasn't exactly something that required any consideration. However, while it may be tossed as a negative socially, it granted me a certainly level of alacrity to devout towards the things around me.
Just as Sonoko had proceeded to further her steps, each question and action that had been executed was plotted and weighed in a moments notice; deciphering whether her movement, the words chosen or the way she looked determined a positive or negative outcome in the overall arcing situation that lay before her. It was, if nothing else; a bit amusing. While I suspect it wasn't making too drastic of changes in my thoughts or actions, I figured playing along was the least I could do during this outing.

Without sparing the menu a glance, I raised my left hand with the fingers held up; still gently twitching a hairs movement. "Black 'n jus' a lettuce ham sando'." Afterwards, I returned my attention to the woman across from me. Studying the manner in which she sat, spoke and ultimately what she decided to foot off the conversation with. Light... Right... I mused in the confines of my mind, as she had broke down a rather extensive list of what one might consider the building blocks of a person's character. As far as I was concerned, she wasn't pulling any punches with this thing. And while admittedly, I didn't agree to her proposed topic; I didn't decline either- I suppose for the time, I'm in this as well.
As our drinks and meal arrived, I lifted up the drink with my regular hand; sipping away as I listened to the rather guided description of her fundamentals. Not failing to notice over the already short time with her, that she had an acute focus on the topic of motherhood. While I made an effort not to show it, it came a bit strong.

Once time came to the close for her ... Section; and the gesture pressed to myself. I found myself taking a longer sip of coffee than usual. An awful pause as I realized I didn't really spend any time thinking about her topic. "Well'a seems like y' have yerself mostly figured out'n what not... Hrm." Granting myself another perhaps unskilled pause in the conversation. I drew my eyes to a close and thought about the topic if only for just a moment, enough information to fill the air; and subjectively satisfy the woman who took the time to come.
Lowering the cup down back to the table, it freed my hand to scratch my cheek in thought. "Lezze'.. Likes? Mrhm... Coffee'n relaxin' I guess? Neva' really been one that took'a likin' to children, just a product'a circumstance. Guess'a matter that I like spendin' free-time learnin' gives me the skill t'know what makes people tick. Use'tha to teach others." Giving myself another moment, I rested the prosthetic arm on the table. Angling the elbow just enough to rest my chin atop the hand; in doing so, giving a rather creaky sound as I weighed in on it gently. "Dislikes... S'pose it depens' on my mood... Though, notta' particularly fond 'f putting in t'much effort. Works already a lot... Cann' say I like people bein' willfully ignorant either; negligence ofa' learnin' is not super high'n my books." Drawing in a sniff, I leaned back and off my arm. Not really feeling it slump back into my lap. "Fer' hobbies? Guess fishin' and nappin'. It's quiet, cen' take in the sounds, sight, feelin' an' what not. Wouldn' mind a nice cabin som' day out by a lake. Get outta' the fray..." I felt a pause inherently just at the thought of what I was implying; I knew the thought of retiring was a long shot, but one could still dream- The ever present reminder of who I was, what I represented was something of an inhibitor to that goal too.

"Nevert' less, That'sa long ways'a away iff'I ever get to that, ne." Ending with a brief shrug, I reached out with my left hand and grabbed the sandwich; a rather strong or untrained pinch had caused the bread to curl a bit strongly; but otherwise kept its contents. And took a bite, savoring the food as I continued my train of thought. Upon swallowing I watched Sonoko for a brief moment of examination afore speaking. "S'yeah asked me; now I too you. Inna' what way d'ya want to open up to each other?" Giving a rather inquisitive brow arched, admittedly it was a bit of an attempt to throw a curve-ball. And in doing so, I lifted my coffee and took another sip. Watching somewhat amused.

[MFT]
Thought
"Speech."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back