Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Quiet! Dastardly Plans in Progress! [Private]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
cWmvrsA.png

He had finally found him. What a pain. Going off the description that their ghostly informant gave them was NOT the easiest job in the world. But, alas, the poor guy had succeeded. "I've found him. He's in the Bibliotheca." he said, listening to a response. "Roger that. I'll keep an eye out."

Hana entered the premises gracefully, keeping a keen eye out for her target. This was a place she visited many times in her youth, when researching the origins of ninjutsu and how to create ones own jutsu. It served her well then, and hopefully would serve her well now.

She approached the man, and took a piece of paper from her pocket and was sure to cough before surprising him from behind. "Excuse me sir, I believe you dropped this." she quickly said and then moved off to one side of the library. Within the note was a short message: "Come find me if you seek allies in your fight against the state." In addition to the note, was a small diagram of the library with direction to access a certain part of it. Protected Records was a place no one ever ventured, as all of the texts were in an mainly boring... well, records.

There Hana would wait for him.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
emp1Ke.jpg
~Time changes everything, even Fate~

The library, subtle serenity in the form of books. Vivid hallucinations, remarkable tales of old, much wonder could be had here. Time and time again Kouin found himself in places that made the littliest sense, but always yielded rewards of grandeur. Though he knew not what fate had in store for him, but anothet force did.

The silent flipping of pages echoed through the library, no one dared make a sound, yet he heard a cough come from behind. Turning his head his vision would be encompassed by a women of slight features, much like himself. Though her feminine features were more appealing than his own.

Tapping his pockets for anythjng he might have dropped, but subtle surprise sprang to his face, But I didnt drop anything.... His curiosity was piqued now, why would she approach a stranger? Only two people knew of his exact appearance.... Unless he was unaware of someone else... He took the slip of paper from her hand Thank you, I can be so careless sometimes. He feigned a smile to her, just a simple pleasantry. As she walked away Kouin peered into the note, "Come find me if you seek allies in your fight against the state."

A genuine smile flickered over his once stoic demeanor, Now who has been keeping an eye on me I wonder... He looked at the diagram closely; it would lead him to what he assumed was a rather secluded part of the library, a perfect place plan treason, right?

He followed the diagram to the t, but he had to be careful, if he was careless he could just be walking into a trap, but no one in there right mind would deliver a message that held zero purpose, so he had no choice but to investigate. Kouin eventually reached the Protected Recorda section of the library, an area very few people visited aside from officials, and their stood the mistress, So. You've caught my interest into bringing me here, but before we continues... Kouin took in a deep breath, Only two people know of my true existence, and both are in severe conditions due to my actions. You're eithet very stealthy, or.... You have limitless resources at your disposal.

He would continue to scan the womens body; skin was fair and smooth, with eyes that nearly glowed. Her presence could probably overwhelm any normal man, but he had gone under strict and rigorous training in the corps, and libido was one thing any anbu should be able to maintain, but it seems she specifically chose him as a target. The village was full of talented shinobi, but what made Kouin different? He would have to wait for his answer he guessed.

[Topic Entered]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A singular pointer finger tapped the side of the book case she was standing beside. It was full of dusty scrolls and large boring looking books. She questioned if her informant had been accurate in his assessment of this man.

Tick... Tock...

He turned the corner and their eyes met each other. Hana's frown turned into a subtle smile. He wasted no time in getting down to business, and she appreciated that. Se would have been more at ease if he wasn't a double murderer. But then again, there were a lot of those in the corporation. Maybe she just wasn't cut out for field work.

Her brow rose at his question, and immediately she looked to the ground with a wide smile. "Well you wouldn't be wrong in assuming that." she began, thinking of her words carefully. In the beginning, it was very important to be vague yet precise in meaning. She didn't want to reveal too much just yet. After all, he could refuse the invitation.

"You've already mentioned your actions here in the village after you entered illegally. This is why we, the company that I represent, have decided to offer a proposition to you. We are always seeking those with talent to join our ranks, especially if they have experience as shinobi. I know this may seem surreal; some beautiful woman comes and offers you a job after practically single-handedly destroyed four members of what's supposed to be the strongest branch in the village. But it's simply the truth."

She took a breath.

"The Titan Corporation seeks to promote the advancement of humanity through any means necessary, whether it be through diplomacy or war. Simply put, we are trying to change the world for the better. And a world where the strong exert their power on the weak to stay in control is a world worth changing. You would be a potent asset, and we would hope that you might agree with us and join the cause." she concluded, but followed with a sigh. She hated this question.

"Unfortunately, nothing is free in life; each person has their price, and for some it isn't money. If you would agree to work with us, I would ask you why and what for?"

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Its funny because since leaving the fight just a few days before, three to be exact, this man seemed to be weaseling his way through the village. Though, there had been no reports or sightings that had come up as of yet. He had been taken to the hospital... but he didnt take direct care so he left after he felt enough movement in his legs enough. Over the the last twenty-four hours though he would go to the CORPS office after realizing the death of his Sennin, and would begin reading up on everything he could. Somethings he would have to take more time on, such as Hayata Shin's Death. And More historical standpoints. Though something he did get a report or two on the desk was... 'Titan' something that had been around for a while but wasnt deemed a plausible threat. Taking with him his findings he would head over to the library to get some solitude in with his readings. . .

His chakra had changed over the course of the last few days though growing darker because of his ties to Jashin. Though he'd not completely unlocked their powers yet. Tracking him down would lead anyone to the ANBU Corps and from there nothing. Even Kouin's chakra was hard to pinpoint, in a village of Shinobi who were constantly training and such it would seem like the search would be quite the arduous one. Though as he would walk deeper into the depths of parts no one dared to explore unless specific to duty or inquiry. He'd hear a familiar voice. 'Couldnt be...' he thought to himself. His arm in a sling and his body completely not ready for another bout he'd pull his headset out placing it in his pocket to prepare his call for possible help.

Until he heard what he'd needed to hear. . . The woman, speaking about dealings? But this was deeper... 'Changing the world for the better?' he would frown. This was something he wanted for himself. To make his life and village better... but maybe she was being coy. Was Titan the good guys and all the reports of them doing anything horrible a mask for something broken in the hierarchy? He'd move forward from the shadows into the clearing as she'd finish and in a very hushed tone audible for them to hear. "...Yes Kouin... What will you choose?", taking his hand off the headset for a moment he'd frown. His face heavily bandaged but looking up he'd hold a cigarette to his mouth before huffing slightly and spewing a small plume of smoke that dissipated almost immediately into the air around him.

"...Nevertheless... time is forever on your side... isnt it?", Zo's eyes were fueled with a bit of anger but wonder at what the woman had said. Maybe this would be something he would look into a little deeper... then again, how deep did he wish to go into the rabbit hole?

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He watched as her subtle features shifted from a stoic frown; the apparent look that she had doubts in his own arrival. He even had doubts himself, but his dream couldnt be actualized by himself, he would need help, numbers, resources. The moment the women approached him with the note, he knew she could be the key to his dreams

The women spoke of her organization, What company would need the talent of multiple people... He continued to listen as she went, with his question also being answered. Though who would create an organization such as that? Sounds intriguing, please go on.
She would pause and continue, her words left him with bated breath, limitless resources available, yet a price? Why would he have to pay them to use him as an asset? Then the pieces started to click. She was asking him what his price was? Could I even name a price.... What do I want.... What would he want...

He would recall tales of his father's dream of eventually leading the village into it's golden age; yet he could never actualize his reality, but what did Kouin want... What did he even come to Kumo for? He let out a sigh of relief. He knew his price, yet it was a tall one, but if things went accordingly it wouldn't be too difficult.

He ushered her to sit down at a near by table, No need to stand and tal-... A voice echoed through his ears, a voice he had no intention of hearing so soon, he peered over his shoulder, Zo was it? He observed the man he had just fought in combat, You get a haircut? Must've cost an arm and a leg. The man before him clearly had a sense of humor or he wouldn't crack joke, yet why would he approach Kouin so soon, it would appear his answer would have a bigger audience.

Kouin channeled a low voltage current through his hand, and sent it through Zo's feet to the base of his neck. The tingling could simply be summed up to tingling nerves. My price isnt money or anything so trivial. He glanced over at Zo's waiting glare, but decided to ignore him for the moment.

I agree to help with Titan's goals, from now to end. That much I will promise, yet my price... Raikage. Well... something else too, but that is up for negotiation later... When. He gave Zo a look of disapproval, When things are less crowded... Though as is now, my payment is Raikage, and I will assure my prowess won't fail. His words came a shock even to himself; he had fully jumped down the rabbit hole, and hopefully in the end Raiden, his father's spirit will rest easy, for Kouin's journey wouldnt be an easy one.

[MFT]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Player 3 has entered the battle...

This was what she wanted to avoid by doing this in a more secure location. But there was a chance he was being tailed, and it looked like her suspicions were on point. But... a squad of ANBU weren't swarming in? Just one man, and seemingly one of the guys that Kouin dispatched earlier? "Why aren't you attacking? Why aren't you calling back up?" she thought to herself.

But his arrival didn't seem to stop Kouin from speaking. Either he trusted the man he put down for some reason, or he planned on killing him later so that he couldn't talk. "Raikage..." That was quite the request. And something that she herself couldn't promise, especially with the grand plans of the future she knew of. She needed to asses what to say. Would he fight for less, or something else?

"Not so trivial indeed... The position of Raikage. It can be done... but it's not something that we can just hand over. Our goal is to remove tyrants the people have no control in choosing. The Raikage is one of those, save for Shima Haruka who was actually voted to be Raikage, and then was forced to flee by Akira Saito." she explained. "He is the type of man that should not be in power."

"How can we preach changing the world, if we just install you in place to take control? I would say... You would need to win the hearts and minds of the villages people. Show them the corruption of their oligarchical leaders and they will call for you. At least, that's what I would do. I'm sorry I can't promise you the position. But the company will help you in achieving it if it's what you truly seek." she concluded.

She had hopes for the man, that one day, she would find someone doing it for the right reasons. But he was thinking small, at least, in the scale that the company was thinking. While they planned to change the entire country, he simply wanted to lead the village. However... That wasn't a bad thing. If they had an ally as the leader of Kumogakure. They wouldn't have to worry about the shinobi threat anymore. "It could work out I suppose..."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was definitely something to behold. Zo himself wasnt a threat. Even in this sense he was was definitely attuned to the conversation happening around him and this was going to be the edge of reason. 'Hm, I like where this is going to be honest...' he'd think to himself. The nature of evil would dwell deeply with the thoughts in his mind. He wanted nothing more than to get deeper in this rabbit hole... Hell maybe this would be something that he would get deeper involved in. His eyes looking at Hana, he'd find his chuckling at the joke Kouin made, "...Took along 'time' to fix it up the way I wanted to...", finding himself tilting his head and huffing on his cigarette again.

'This guy wants to be Raikage?', this was going to be interesting. Though he would not make a move for his headset just yet. Kouin didnt want the ideas that he had in his mind to come forth. Kouin would be six feet under if he had his way, but hell if he was going to get involved... he might as well get an idea on what would be happening. It wasnt deeply involved in the trueness of the woman's words though.

"It would make you a hypocrite miss. Honestly, the way you're going Kouin... you wont get anything but death. You're going about things all wrong.", frowning a bit more he'd find himself huffing again on his cigarette and smiled, "Sucks though, cant do anything with no real power on the inside can ya? You'll need more than just those tricks you pulled on me to progress further than just fights every few days that you have to flee from... Unless you are stronger than the current Kage... you might not make it past the next test coming up for you.", he would have no choice but to do what he must to continue forth. He'd killed two ANBU, however, he knew he was not responsible for the death of his Sennin.

"Simply put... If this is something you're gonna do... If you want it to work, I'll be needing to get involved as well...", smirking a bit under the small apricot color of the cigarette he inhaled. Zo was an Elite, he took Kouin to his limit and if the man had any respect for Zo he'd speak up on it. However, if not. He'd definitely regret it.

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He sighed in deep regret, just becoming Raikage was a tall task, even for a major organization. I suppose that is a little far fetched... His hand gesture motioned to the sign of content, I suppose that should be left to someone already in the village... Someone the people already know. He would looked towards Zo, he was a capable shinobi no doubt, and him nearly beating him was sire to boost his popularity. With the Sennin indisposed currently, Zo would be a natural replacement.... From there.... How do they say? Skies the limit. He sighed at his own self, but he knew from the beginning it would be a bit too tall of an order, though maybe he jusy had to think bigger.

In the end of his mental combat he let out a brief chuckle, I'd be no good in an office anyway. It was but a simple way to guage your reaction. But i assure you, I want to save Kumo for my father, but I feel adamant about something much larger. He stared Zo in the eyes, You tried to kill me in forest, what reason do I have to believe you wont try again? The pinnacle of my abilities have yet to be realized. I'll be prepared when the time comes.

He nodded at the mention of his next test, the obvious sentiment would be removing the current tyrant. When the time for me to face Raikage Akira Saito, he will die. He scanned Zo's body; arm in a sling, new leg, abdomen recently impaled, what could he offer Kouin if nothing but a hindrance, I saw a few impressive moves during our battle, but.... How reliable are the prosthetics? How do I know youre full recovered? It was mostly a tough guy act, Kouin had to bust the guys balls; it was widely known that Kumogakures medical branch was way ahead of their time. I suppose having some stable help wouldnt hurt too much...

Turning his attention back to the women who invited him, I can vouche for his strength in combat. He never yielded, not even at the finishing hit. The atrocities of the Raikage, and having someone deep in there ranks would be a great boon in our favor.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

At least he listened to reason, and that was weight off of her chest. To help someone, an outsider, become the Raikage after killing two and maiming two others... She sighed thankfully.

Kouin played it off in a manner much of which she expected. Whether he truly was just gauging her reaction or not, she couldn't be sure. He was very sure of himself and that made responses hard to interpret. But helping Kumo did seem to be a principle that he reinforced, for his father. Hana sympathized with that. She no longer had a father... her parents were taken by the village.

Their exchange was filled with tension and it put Hana on edge. Still, the very man he had maimed was here and not attacking. Whats-more it seemed he was looking to get involved in helping Kouin. A quest for power perhaps? It didn't matter. Hana didn't trust him. But Kouin did for some reason. Maybe something along the lines of mutually assured destruction was going on here.

"That it would be..." mumbled Hana, eyes shifting between the two men.

"I've only been authorized to extend this invitation to you, and quite frankly, I don't trust shinobi much anymore." she said unapologetic-ally. "However, were this man to prove his devotion to our cause... then perhaps a partnership could be achieved."

"There is a nearly impossible task that we need done inside of the village. And that would be the best way for you to prove yourself. However, our intelligence mandates that we need to acquire one more person for the job..." she paused, her eyes closing. "Even if we have an inside man helping us. Security is just too tight."

"There is a woman who goes by the name Chaos. We've used her before, but her tactics are... less than subtle." Hana's eyes opened back up. "She hides out in a place that we can't even infiltrate. A vast expanse of badlands where no law exists where fugitives and refugees struggle to exist whilst backstabbing and robbing to stay alive. I don't doubt your skills, don't get me wrong, but she's is your plan B in a worst case scenario."

"Find her, complete the task, and you'll practically force my boss to offer you a position."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Much to the unwavering front Zo let off he would manage to listen as he huffed the final bits of his cigarette. Maybe there was an idealistic thing that was going on with the minds of these two. Though as Kouin spoke, highly of him to say that much would only make his unwavering hatred for the man to grow. How could you dethrone a man to a point he has nothing and then crush his spirit more with the ideal that you respect him. It wasnt a type of thing that he favored. However, to get in you had to have a recommendation... So sayeth this woman.

"Of Course.", he found himself. Though to the answer of Akira Saito being Kage he had not met the man only heard stories. Thought he'd actually been retired from duty. "Well, to create peace sometimes lives will be lost...", frowning a bit that he'd even said that but it wasnt a lie. People died around them everyday. Every moment. It was just something you got used to in some cases. His eyes set on the woman now looking her up and down, definitely not his type. Fuun was... even with the blue hair. Turning to Kouin his eyes gazed at him as well..

"When the time comes... Time wont be able to save you from the beating you'll take down... I guess you could say... Imma lay down the wood. Dont worry about my body... I'll be ready within the next twenty-four hours for active duty again.", smirking and putting the cigarette out he would open a pouch and place the filter within it before he would finish listening to the woman about the one names 'Chaos'. Nodding to the woman he'd gotten what he wanted, So with that he would make his way out.

"Alright. I'll get Chaos. And from there you'll have no choice... However, know in this chess game we play... Its always the Pawn with the most potential.", he'd speak as he'd wave off before he'd suddenly break away in a pit of shadows disappearing from the area.

[Topic Left]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His eyes turned towards the women, she wouldnt just invite Zo right away, it would have been too easy, Badlands huh.... Sounds rough.</B><i></i> He weighed his options, he could offer his services and help Zo, but even he wasnt sure how far his trust in him layed, I suppose Ill let you retrieve the next piece of the puzzle. If Zo couldn't complete this mission ,then the faith he had in him would've been completely empty. What the man could really do was up for debate, but Kouin's true nature would soon be awakened.

He returned his undivided attention to the women once more, Don't worry about him calling in our location, he'll find any of his electronics to be indisposed. He pulled out a chair and finally rested his feet, I'm still quite impressed with how you found me so quickly... He crossed his leg over his other, Now that he is gone I believe we can begin the real negotiation.<i></i> He placed his hands on the table and clasped them together, I want to remove the cold icy grip over Kirigakure. He would wait to see her reaction, I believe the key will be harnessing the power of the elements, which i surmised awhile ago. Though I can't concentrate it into a proper conduit.<i></i>

Kouin took in a deep breath, I realize this is still a tall order, but it's something more plausible through actions than just political gain.<i></i> He retrieved the note from his front shirt pocket, and placed it on the table, If what this note says is true, than you must have the resources to help.<i></i> Though he had no real idea of how they go about resurrecting the desolate village, but Titan had to know some way to raise the frozen curse. <B>Regardless of how we need to do it, I'll lend our organization my strength; together we will bring a new era.

He had taken the plunge into the rabbit hole, and at this point there was no turning back, with his joining the company he was no longer a free agent, but once again apart of an elite group, I believe introductions are in order? Though, since you most likely know my actual name, I'll keep it short. Simply refer to me as Babylon. I specialize in basic and advanced ninpo arts. The name seemed to have an eloquent ring to it, graceful and divine, yet cunning and swift.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Hana watched him leave thankfully. He obviously had an agenda that needed getting to, but Kouin seemed sure that he wouldn't be able to disrupt them anymore. She was a skeptic of course, so she had her escape plan ready just in case.

He got into his serious discussion pose. It was quite professional. He announced his intentions, and Hana was both disbelieving and impressed. This was still better than the Raikage wish. She would let him continue to speak until he finished explaining.

"I'll start by saying while this seems probably impossible, this is likely going to easier than your earlier request. I don't know if you passed by the island in the sky, but that was Titan ingenuity. If we can harness the power of anti-gravity, I think melting a little ice shouldn't be too far of a stretch. In fact, the woman our ANBU friend is retrieving does come back to join us, then she would be a great boon to your goals. As for mastering the elements and harnessing them... You and I can discuss that with our engineers on Kami no Yama. And thank you for assuring your partnership until both goals have been completed. Most people would be too selfish to promise that." she said, nodding her head in respect.

It was time for introductions, and they were coming at the end of the conversation. Not that there was anything wrong with that. "Birds of a feather flock together, I too master the ninpo arts. Good to meet you Babylon. Technically, my name is Child, but I was given that name years ago when I joined the company. So just call me Hana until I come up with something new." she concluded with a smile.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu had activated his Chakra Sense jutsu, using it to lead him to the target the two Sennin and Raikage sought. It had been a while since he had need of it. The last time to his recollection was the search for Masao who had gone off to face the enemy alone, Ayumu arriving tragically too late. It had been much longer since Ayumu used it to actually hunt an enemy. Fortunately, it was a lot like riding a bicycle. Except that Ayumu had never ridden a bicycle. But regardless, he remembered how to use the technique. The unfortunate matter was that it did not give him the most accurate sense of where his target was. It could lead him to a general area, but after that it was up to the basic senses. With Kahako and Saito in tow, Ayumu followed his nose Chakra Sense, using the Snapshot he had taken from the earlier fight. As he felt they were nearing the target, there was some confusion as they approached the library of all places.

"What the hell? It feels like it's coming from the library..." Ayumu said to his allies quietly. He second guessed himself at first, but there was no denying that they were being led to the Bibloteca Conscientiae. "Be on guard, he must be inside somewhere," Ayumu said, confirming his earlier suspicion. With that, they entered the library. Of course, it was a bit of a sight to see two Sennin and the Raikage waltzing in, but fortunately it was the library and everyone had to be quiet lest they face the wrath of the ornery librarian. It was a large library, so it was not the simplest of matters to find a man inside. "I can't track him further than this... we'll have to split up and look. Be discrete as possible, obviously," Ayumu said to the others before separating from them to do a quick sweep of the library. He stopped by the librarian at the front to speak with her briefly. "If someone with this description attempts to leave, I want you to scream bloody murder... I don't care if it's a library," Ayumu instructed the woman before heading off to begin searching.

Alas, there was no luck in the normal areas of the library. "I know he's here..." Ayumu whispered, frustration building as he search more and more aisles with no luck. Was it possible that he had hidden himself? Of course it was, the man was excellent with stealth. That was how he had gotten away twice. Stopping for a moment to think, Ayumu absent-mindedly found himself staring at the sign for protected records. 'He couldn't... but then, it would be the least likely place to be caught,' Ayumu thought, rubbing his chin. It was certainly worth looking. Taking a peek inside quietly, he spotted two people. He didn't recognize either of them, but one of them matched the description of the person who had entered the village illegally. Ayumu had already been under suspicions that the person he had seen in the forest was under transformation, but he couldn't be sure by any means. "Kahako, Saito-sama, there are two individuals in the Protected Records section. One of them I don't know, but the other matches the description of the person who recently illegally entered the village recently. I have no idea if it's the same person we're looking for, but it seems awfully suspect. Get here, fast," Ayumu whispered into his headset, calling his allies to his side.

As per Saito's wishes, Kahako and Ayumu would stay back. It was his call, though Ayumu would prefer to confront the man together. The Raikage had other plans. If this was the same person, perhaps they would find out what he really wanted.

[Topic Entered in Stealth]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They had followed Ayumu’s chakra sense to the library, but it was a big place and not one which would be searched easily. The accuracy of the tracker was always going to be in doubt, both Ayumu and Akira were former ANBU Sennin, and so both knew its limitations.

The three split up dividing areas of the library between them so they wouldn’t overlap, yet still they were close enough to help each other should they find someone or get into trouble in an immediate sense, and so it was relatively safe.

Passing the cooking section Akira’s eye passed accidentally over a book which he made a mental note to return to read. “How to prepare meals fit for Shinbatsu” It sounded interesting, he wondered what it would be that meant that meals would be fit for his master… a man who had spent a decade in fighting pits.

Still he searched until he heard from Ayumu, it didn’t sound like the target they were looking for, but then it was still something which needed to be dealt with. He moved quickly and silently through the library to get there quickly.

On his arrival he looked at the pair that Ayumu pointed out. A puzzle piece almost slipping into place in Akira’s mind as he now figured that Nobuyuki had approached the man on the topic of his forced entry only to then be attacked. It was a possibility, but it couldn’t be one he could simply act on. The target had broken Kumogakure laws though, and they had to treat this as a worst case scenario.

Walking forward Akira nodded to the pair.

Excuse me, I know it’s rude to interrupt, but, I need to have a word with you. he nodded towards Kouin. His voice was friendly, his mannerisms held no desire for combat. Indeed, if this could be solved without combat then he would be all the happier.

If you would please follow me that would be most appreciated.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako frowned as she followed both men to the location that Ayumu was able to track. As promised, she would not get involved unless her leader’s life was in very grave danger, but the look on her face made it clear she wasn’t happy about it. Of course, no one could see it with her Sentou Mask on. The small jellyfish stood stark against the blank white face. As she searched through the building for anyone of suspicion, she quickly responded to Ayumu’s call.

“Anyone else wonder how he was able to get into the protected section of the library? I mean, I know the crucial information is elsewhere in the village, but this level of security is ridiculous.“ she murmured as they continued her search. Once catching up with him, she would stand back with Ayumu. Eying the individuals in the room to see what actions they would take when they found out the remaining leadership of cloud casually walked in on their secret meeting. For now, they would just see Saito.

Because it clearly wasn’t an accident.

[Topic entered in stealth]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An old, old, old woman who served as one of the libraries keepers for longer than most people have been alive sat glaring at her desk. She had just had to scare off a bunch of disgusting children for tapping too loudly on their study desk fourteen rows over and the distance had made her hip hurt. Damn kids. And now people were beginning to mumble about everywhere, Raiden rotting, goat cheese sniffing, sennin stalking, porcelain swan collecting, kawarimi humping, baby-daddying, gate summoning, monkey pirating, yeast infected, homeless cosplaying, horse shaving, bamboo molesting, sake binging, kunai swallowing rule breakers who were far too damned loud in her library. She would rattled their ears off and send the whole damned lot crying for their mother's aprons if they didn't quiet down. The youngins these days had no respect.
old-teacher.jpg
Topic entered with a faceless librarian with an attitude problem for the lolz

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It seemed someone else wanted to interrupt their meeting. Hana sighed. "I knew we should have done this in the safe house. He's just too hot at the moment."

"We'll talk later I suppose. Have a good one." she said, standing up. The young woman bowed towards Kouin and then her physical presence vanished from sight.

[Harry Houdini Card Used - Topic Left]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They had just finished introduction, but at this point they would be an outroduction. As Hana finished speaking a new piece has entered on the board. A tall, broad shouldered man, well seasoned by experience, and dons a eyepatch, Well this.... This man is interesting. The man appeared like he could push a mountain, however doubtful that was; Kouin wasnt about to take his chances here. His eyes quickly darted to Hana and nodded as she got up.

The mans voice boomed with charisma and pride. Despite his outwardly terrifying demeanor, his spoke with a friendly tone, which nearly set Kouin aback, Is this guy crazy...? He tapped his fingers quietly on the table, facing him with an analytical gaze. Their had to be an angle he- And then it clicked. There was no way Zo could've called them, he had short circuited his headset, which meant one other possibility, Chakra sense... He had been followed to the library after all...

He appeared to have no intention of fighting him, yet that could easily be fooled by any shinobi, the warriors of shadow and deceit. He watched as Hana left in no time, Till we meet again~ He let out a stressful sigh, why did everyone want to make him move? Couldn't they have just minded their own business... Would a repeat of the Susukino District ensue again? No... civilian casualty isnt worth it; nor is the literature damage.

Kouin pulled the near by shogi board in front of him. He picked up the King piece, O-Sho He twirled the piece in his gracefully; twisting and turning, and finally tossing and catching the piece. Why must we go so soon? He gestured his hands to the chair infront of him and the board, Why not sit? And play me in a friendly game of Shogi? We can talk over it. Kouin wasnt about to give up a strategic point; he had his escape route planned in case things got dicey, but their was always the chance of back up......

[MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he spotted his allies drawing near, Ayumu got closer to the two who had chosen the oddest place to converse. He stuck to the shadows and kept behind the bookshelves as he got close enough to listen. He had but a moment to catch a glimpse of the two who had been conversing before he had taken cover. Unfortunately, there was little time to eavesdrop before Saito and Kahako had arrived. Kahako hung back with Ayumu, taking cover as well while Saito marched purposefully into the open, happily declaring his presence to the two of them. Ayumu quickly reached into his belt pouch, removing a small mirror which he angled subtly around the corner of the bookshelf to get an eye on what was happening. Bidding her companion adieu, the woman stood up and vanished. 'Strange... who was that? An associate?' Ayumu wondered. The man voiced intention to meet her again. Whoever she was, she was completely vanished without a trace. Ayumu and Kahako had been standing between them and the exit and she had somehow slipped away like a magician. There was nothing they could do about it now. At least they knew what she looked like.

Ayumu pulled the mirror back away from the corner, content to simply listen for now. Saito asked that the man follow him. Ayumu doubted that was a request that would be heeded. Did the man even know he was speaking with the Raikage? If he was from outside the village, there was a decent chance he didn't have a clue. Regardless, if this was the same man from the forest, Ayumu expected a fight to ensue momentarily. Then again, to be fair he was not aware of how either of the previous fights had begun. As if to completely throw Ayumu's expectations for a loop, the man instead proposed a game of shogi. Peculiar as that was, it wasn't what caught Ayumu's attention the most. Now that he was no longer seeing the face but only hearing the voice, he recognized it. That coy tone of his was just the same as in the forest. As realization hit Ayumu, he shot a quick glance at Kahako and nodded his head towards the conversation taking place. He reached up to his headset and gently pressed the button to enable his mic and whisper ever so quietly to his compatriots:

"It's him."

That, of course, made it all the more surprising that he was requesting a game of shogi. Past experience with Kumo shinobi suggested that the only game he was interested in playing was Sword Rain 2: Electric Boogaloo. Perhaps the previous fights had left him fatigued, or maybe he had actually experienced some kind of change of heart. Maybe he just really liked books. Whatever it was, this was not what Ayumu had been expecting from him the next time they crossed paths. Time would tell if this remained an innocent shogi game and a peaceful talk or if battle would erupt in the heart of the library. Ayumu shuddered to think how the ornery old librarian would react if such a thing came to pass. Their lives could be in even greater peril than they had ever realized.

[MFT]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man before him regarded him, the other left quickly and should anyone have wanted to stop them it seemed that they simply disappeared. A slight frown entered Akira's expression wondering why that person had felt the need to leave so quickly, and he mentally stored their face into his memory. The man he was here to see however farewelled them, then let out a sigh as Akira's face moved back to look at his.

A small, apologetic, smile was allowed at the sigh, it said far too much in a way about the man, but still Akira would afford him the benefit of the doubt.

The man asked why they had to leave so soon. A shogi piece being twirled in his fingers, then instead of accepting the invitation he instead asked Akira to join him in a friendly game, and have a talk.

Smiling more amused Akira nodded.

I'm afraid I don't know how to play. But perhaps you can teach me while we talk instead? My name is Akira Saito, of the Saito Clan, Student to Shinbatsu the Sixth Raikage and second to ascend by Raiden's hand, the tenth Raikage. It was the introduction usually saved for diplomats, in this case Akira felt that it perhaps wasn't out of place.

Pulling the chair out he took a seat.

So, please tell me the objective of this game. He asked looking at the board. Shin had always been an avid Shogi player, but Akira had focused too much in his training to learn.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back