Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Quiet Debut [Open]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The late afternoon sun's light cascaded lazily onto the wooden cases and tables from the high windows. The otherwise dark brown wooden pieces were coloured a burnt orange. It was quiet, as it ought to be; this late into the day, most people were with their families and friends, having their dinner and engaging in evening activities. Beyond the library's walls was the village's sprawling city life, no doubt; in comparison, this place seemed a crypt - seemingly completely devoid of any soul save her own. By no means was the Bibliotheca emptied, but it was enough so that Kimiko got her own little slice of it; people who came to it were countable on a single hand, and only appeared when passing, none paid her any heed; this was her own place, a solitary heaven gods deemed her fit to have to herself. Months -- no, years now, hasn't it been? -- it had been more or less like this: left to her own devices with near all the written information in the world.

Fingers ran across the polished wood with each step she took down the alley of shelves, searching for the final book with which she intended to spend her night. Not far from where she was was an unaccompanied table, two books -- one regarding local religions and mythologies, the other a fictional narrative of the events around the freezing of Mist -- laid. She stopped at one book -- a sliver, really -- bound with only some string and holes at the edge of the paper, without any proper covering like the books which surrounded it; it was some cheap, homemade notebook and somehow found its way among the other works. Its cover was solidly black and without title and author. Its contents, at a glance, were not even in the common language. A curious thing, in all; it was for that reason she brought it to the table.

The scene was splendid: the silence was symphonic; the evening sun's light onto against her back, as she took seat at her solitary table, remained unhindered by any cloud; and she found her evening's entertainment on the pages of the books she had chosen for herself. What was there not to love?
WC: 369​

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Without access to his old records and the Sennin private library he had to make do with the normal library. This of course was not a bad thing considering his deep love of reading and the knowledge that came with such a lovely hobby. He had not been here in what…Eight to Ten years. It was a long time and a lot of books to have missed out on. He used to be up to date on the series of books and the sections he found useful but slowly as he passed from shelf to shelf he found himself having a difficult time even knowing where to start.

“Man there are just way too many new books…I mean I’m happy but it is just a tad bit overwhelming…” Ataeru sighed as he slumped against one of the shelves. By himself this would take far too long to scour through the entire section he was looking for. To be fair he was not actually that worried. Ataeru looked around and noticed that other than a few passersby there was only one person actively reading in his area. While he figured that she may get annoyed by his sudden noise he would have to apologize for it at a later date. Certainly someone here at this time would understand gathering knowledge.

Ataeru made a few hand seals and took a small bite onto his thumb and placed his hand on the ground. A poof of smoke filled his alleyway and when it cleared five small fox pups were all sitting attentively. “Alright little ones your goal is to see what is new in the public records under medical and Kinjutsu. I want a new basis for what the generic public knows so that way I can avoid those places in my Journal I aim to submit. That and so I can properly site anything I use from them.”

He dismissed them as they all ran through the shelves and started to hunt for knowledge. This right here was what he loved so much about the Fox Contract. They loved knowledge just as much as he did.

Ataeru sat down at a nearby table while still trying to give her room and pulled out a stack of notebooks. He opened up one that was clean and pulled out a quill and ink. Once one of the little foxes came up with a small book he nodded and patted it on the head. He began to look through the book and take some notes minimally on Author and reference number should he need to revisit the subject as he wrote down his own findings.

As he waited for another book he looked over at the girl and opened his mouth to speak but then shook his head and looked back down at the book that was grabbed. She would want to be left alone. Hopefully his little foxes left the girl and anyone else who was in the area alone. They had a habit of getting side tracked…they were usually good but young foxes were never one-hundred percent task oriented. Roze had told him he should use the little ones more to train them and so here he was. Ready to take the heat should there be some.

Aikawa Hina

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katsumi wandered about the Kumogakure Library, where he spent most of his time when he wasn't training or working, but what did he do there, he searched for information, information kept inside medical books, but most of the books that he was looking for weren't of free access, these were books only available to some clearance, only available to Medical Nin, not because they were too dangerous, but mostly due to their importance. These books contained not sure descriptions of illness, diseases, but also cures and some unusual cures at that, some even with shinobi knowledge.

He collected some of those books, a hand full of them and made his way towards a table, of course, something was bothering him, he was like something was watching him, he looked around himself, but saw no one, which made him even more comfortable. He took a sit at the large table with the girl and the white haired man. He sat on opposing ends and placed the books in front of himself and opened one and leaning as he started reading.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune was lying on top of a bookshelf near the restricted section, reading a book on radio waves to further her studies in wireless intercommunication between computation devices, or WICD as she had named it. She had managed to make one talk to another, but not more than that. She’d need to build a fundamental structure to handle the “talking” on a network. As such, she’d also need a box whose sole purpose was exactly that. A box that could send traffic where it needed to go. A router if you will. Kitsune had brought her tablet with her, so she could jot down notes whenever the need arose.

Covering her ears were a headset made for music, currently playing a song about trading places, about seeing things from the other side of the conversation. Though, the headset and the music wasn’t enough to drown out the noise Ataeru and his foxes were making. Kitsune looked down from the top of her bookshelf and saw Ataeru’s multicolored hair, recognizing it from that one meeting at the Torre. ”Keep it down a bit, Rainbow-san. It’s a library, not a zoo.” she said and shushed at the former medical Sennin.

It wouldn’t be long until she noticed one of her mednin sitting further away at a table, with her nose in a book as usual. That girl really needs a new hobby. Reading isn’t everything, even though it IS informative. she thought and shook her head, making an earmark in the book she was currently reading before closing it and rolling off the bookshelf, warping over to a chair, about halfway between Kimiko and Ataeru. When Kitsune reappeared, she was sitting with her legs crossed, the book on the table in front of her, and her headset hanging around her neck. Now, who’s the more fun one to bug? Kimiko, whom I know from my branch? Or Rainbow-san, because I don’t know him one bit? Such a dilemma.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For the first few minutes, the environment was nothing less than splendid: there was no less than an hour left before the sun would set; the building was warm, the chair cozy; it was all her's to enjoy, something she had intended to do. Her chair balanced precariously on the edges of its two hind legs and a third jittering leg of Kimiko's. On her lap lazily rested the narrative she had picked up earlier; the sun's light, blocked by the girl's head, reached only a couple inches above the top of the pages. In her peripherals, she caught a man lingering about, not far from where she was sitting.

Just before her attention returned to the novel in her lap, she noticed it: the upper part of some cloud lingering around the man; at a cross-section, then, some small vulpine creature revealed itself. After which point, the man brought himself towards the seating area Kimiko was using as well; he chose to sit farther from her, something fortunate for the both of them. The summons the man had brought out were distracting enough; it was a nice consideration he didn't try to talk to her or bother her in any other manner. It was a gesture, or rather a lack of one, that she quietly appreciated.

A second man approached; Kimiko didn't look up from his book until he chose to sit even closer than the first man. He barricaded himself with a wall of assorted books she couldn't discern. Strange, the thought came, the sudden interest in the area. Damn near no one was even within the library; those who were were scattered well enough that one might not see another for the entire duration they were within the building.

Still, only two might be passed off as coincidence; perhaps the men knew each other, despite them not making any effort to talk to each other. She wasn't suspicious until a third person -- one she might have hoped to see least of all -- made her debut in the area. A face she was familiar with only in passing: her sennin. Were the other two with her? Was there something she was about to be forced to do? She had done her rounds and her impact within the branch was minimal: there wasn't really anything she might be reprimanded for. There wasn't any reason she could think of that the sennin might need her for. Could it really be coincidence?

Although sitting even closer to her than even the second man, she made no effort to actually communicate with her. Was Kimiko supposed to quit her planned activities for whatever Sennin Shinrya desired? Kimiko decided not; she wasn't under any orders, and disregarding her simply for being there wasn't exactly something she might be in trouble for. There were two others she might have come for.

Three were a crowd. A suspicious one at that, despite all of them doing nothing: a suit she'd follow. As distracting as they were, she had come to read, so that's what she ought to do.
WC: 513​

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ataeru did not think he was causing too much ruckus but as usual he was unaware of how frustrating he could be. He now regretted using the younger foxes as sometimes the little vulpine would have more fun with each other or random things than following orders. He shifted in his seat to pet another Vulpine for finding him a new book that he needed to jot down. It was weird though. As he suddenly noticed that people were starting to gather around the table he and the other lady had taken up residency in. Normally he always thought that the library was empty for the most part. Ataeru honestly was happy to see so many people in the library considering that it meant that a new generation was appreciating knowledge. It honestly made him smile and chuckle a little to himself.

A man joined them and in silence they sat…Ataeru had to fight his urge to interact with them or bother them. It was terribly difficult for one as social as him. He also did not bring any food or tea which is what he normally used as a peace offering to tempt those into conversation with him. It was not until Shinrya-sama poofed in between the other female and him that he took an interest away from what he was writing. Ataeru blinked a bit as if a bit surprised to see her again so soon but then finished writing down his notes about the current book and then handed it back to the fox for it to be put back in its proper place.

One of the small fox’s pitter pattered its way to the new man’s leg. At first it sat down and watched him. It would look from him to one of the books he had in his pile and then back to him. It nuzzled his leg once and then looked back up to him. It needed one of his books for praise and as such it would be determined to get his attention. While it was not the one he was reading mainly due to not being able to see it, it was still one he had pulled out for himself.

Coming back to Ataeru the man looked over at the Sennin and decided to ask, “Shinrya-sama sorry to bother your studies but I wanted to ask if I should submit my Kinjutsu surgery information to you before I put it into publication and formally enter the data here. Also the book I received from the sand village on Human Puppet conversion will stay with me until I grab what tidbits I desire before handing over to here, unless once again you desire that to stay within the Medical branch? Finally I would ask if you desired a detail guide pamphlet on all manner of seals from curse seals to five-element seals. That way should someone enter the hospital the effects and complications could be more readily available to the medical staff?”

A few questions for the Sennin just to see what she would desire. While he was technically not under her jurisdiction anymore he valued her input due to the data he was handling being primarily more useful in the medical field which she now controlled. Ataeru understood how annoying it was when some crackpot researcher would randomly come out with some new not properly researched data and instantly revealed it to the public. It was a pain to deal with and people rarely forgot about it until your hospital formally came out with something that dealt with what that crackpot brought up.

He grabbed another book from the floor and wrote some more about data down from the book that was brought to him.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back