Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Raccoon Exterminator [Solo Mission]

Koji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Koji stood in front of the mirror today with a smile on his face. He grabbed the nearest washcloth and thinned it out, making it the width and length of a Sunagakure headband. He posed in many different 'ninja' poses, imaging just how cool he would look with the real thing.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

The two thuds scared Koji as he quickly threw the washcloth from his head. ”Yes?” The boy responded startled. ”Get out here son! The neighbor is here, you have a job to do!” A smile spread onto Koji's face once more. Yes, today was the day he would perform his first mission as a ninja of Sunagakure! Well, his first mission as a student TRYING to become a ninja of Suna. Still, this was a big deal for the child. He was even getting paid!

”Be right there!” Koji yelled back. He stood in front of the mirror once more and took a deep breath before nodding at himself. You got this Koji.</I><i></i>

He made his way downstairs where his father and mother both stood proudly smiling. ”Here comes our boy, the bread winner of the family.” Koji's father let out a chuckle and rubbed his boy's head with an open hand. Koji's face blushed with embarassment. ”Don't blow it all in one place.” He released the boy and gave him a hug followed by his mother. ”Now you be safe today alright?” She spoke sweetly in his ear.

”Yeah, don't let the big scary raccoon hurt you!” Koji scowled at his brother. Of course he had to chime in. ” It keeps eating and going through her stuff. It's been annoying Miss Ikeda for days and she asked ME to do it, you're just jealous. He stuck out his tongue with the statement. His brother simply shook his head. ”Have fun with that, I'll be out running real missions with my team.” Koichi, Koji's brother, tightened the headband on his forehead and stood up from the table. ”Bye Mom. Dad. Good luck little brother, you need it. Koichi approached his brother with a small laugh and rubbed his head the same way his father just had. Koji shook off his brothers hand and pouted. You'll see... It was true that Koji was only to fend of a raccoon. But for a kid with no way to actual missions this was the best he would get for now.

Koji opened the door to his house and knocked on his neighbors door. The elderly womab opened the door and smiled a crooked smile. She truly did look like a witch like all the children teased. He felt kind of bad when he said it himself... but usually the feeling subsided fairly quickly when he remembered just how much she does look like witch. ”Remember!” She stated while holding up her coin purse. ”You make sure my house stays Raccoon free while I shop for things to rid it from my home and this is all yours.” She slammed the door behind her and threw Koji the key. As she walked away she spun around to face Koji once more. ”Be careful, he's somehow figured out how to get into my house. I find bags ripped open and food missing. Be vigilante.” And with that the woman went off.

The boy looked to the key in his hands and placed it in his pocket. ”Alright Koji. Game on!” He took a few steps up the stairs and opened the front door letting himself in. The house smelt of fresh parchment and old dog. It overwhelmed Koji to the point that he coughed when entering the facility. <I>It must be a speed mission for those little guys... either that or they have gas masks.<i></i> The boy chuckled to himself and cased the area for where the raccoon might possibly be able to make its way in.

Several minutes later the child plopped himself down on the womans couch. He couldn't find anywhere that the raccoon could come in. Looking up to the ceiling Koji rested his head on the back of the couch. His mind began to wander as he counted the boards above him. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11... 12... 13...... 14...... 15............ 16............ 17.....................<i></i> Without meaning to the boy drifted off to a nice mid-day nap.

About an hour later Koji's eyes slowly began to open. His hands raised to his face to rub his eyes. A quick yawn and stretch soon followed. Didn't mean to fall asleep. Those damn boards made me do it...<i></i> Koji smirked and looked up at the boards. He stared upwards for a moment before his jaw dropped.

A raccoon!

Koji sprung up to his feet and looked to the ceiling. The raccoon had a small loaf of bread in its mouth and was clinging onto the boards with his nails, practically hanging upside down on the ceiling. He's a tricky one! And tiny.<i></i> The raccoon was much smaller than expected. This was good for Koji, he didn't want to have to fend off a huge one. The boy thought quickly of what to do. At least the thing was in sight. But as Koji started thinking of plans he watched a board lift up from the ceiling. The boy cocked his head to the side to try and get a better look of how this could happen. What he saw shocked him. Another little raccoon was lifting the board for his buddy to enter. Koji was baffled as the two slipped off into the ceiling. ”Shoot!” The child exclaimed. This was going to be a bit harder than expected.

After trying to come up with something for a few minutes a plan finally formulated into Koji's head. He retrieved a large step stool from the woman's house and prepared it right under the board he saw moved. Quietly and carefully Koji placed his hands on the boards and lifted them up to peek into the ceiling.

HOLY... What is that smell!?<i></i> Koji rushed one of his hands ot his nose and plugged it. Peering into the ceiling area he saw the two small raccoon munching on the loaf of bread. A fair ways off to the right laid the carcass of a much bigger raccoon. A small wave of sadness, and nausea, came over Koji. Poor little creatures...<i></i> The boy thought as he gently lowered the board. The boy reflected on the creatures. They appeared to be siblings.... and that was probably their mom. Their just trying to survive... I feel bad for the poor little guys.<i></i> Koji pondered on what to do. He wanted his money from Miss Ikeda but he felt bad for those poor baby raccoon. Taking a moment to reflect Koji thought of a great idea. Maybe he could lure them outside gently and show them a new home in the city. He could use food to lure them out. It sounded like it just might be able to work.

Koji went through the woman's food finally finding a piece of fish in the fridge. Perfect. He grabbed it, openedthe kitchen window for a way to get them out, and brought it back up with him to the little area in the ceiling. Carfeully Koji raised the plate, letting the smell waft into the little compartment that the raccoon hid in. Koji had to keep from vomiting as the smell of the house, dead raccoon and fish all mixed together into a smell he wouldn't wish on his worst enemies. This could win wars if bottled.

The raccoons had finished their bread and looked to the child popping his head into their home. Slowly one of the two inched forward. Then the other moved a few inches further. This repeated until the two raccoons were all but 2 feet from Koji. They looked kind of cute from here. Like little puppies. Koji smiled and spoke in a soft and non threatening voice. ”Here you go.... come get the fishy little coonies. I'm not going to hurt you cute little guys.” The raccoons got a bit closer and Koji lowered the plate, preparing to trick them out of their hiding spot. But as the boy lowered the plate the two raccoon began to hiss and snarl simultaneously. ”Okay wait--” Koji said as he tried to lift the plate back up. But it was no use. Out of nowhere the two raccoon jumped at Koji's face. The boy moved away and fell to his back on the floor, while the fish flew from off the plate and onto the ground. One of the raccoons slashed at his face scratching his left cheek. ”YOU LITTLE!” Koji had never been attacked by an animal and adrenaline rushed through his body. He rose up and swiped the raccoon off his chest. Koji quickly lookes to the animals and watched them eye the fish. ”Oh no you don't...” The boy mumbled under his breath as he charged them. They scrambled away and jumped out of the kitchen window Koji had opened earlier.

Koji let out a big sigh and rubbed his cheek. ”Damn those things!” Koji hit the flor with his fist and then looked nearby to the right. He looked at the fish and made a face as he peeled it off the ground. Koji could clearly see dust and hair on the fish. ”I'm not letting her blame me for this.” The boy thought quickly and went to the kitchen sink. He rinsed it off and then dried it using a towel he got at home. Placing the fish in the fridge Koji sighed one more sigh of relief as he waited on the couch for his neighbor to return. Finally... done.<i></i>

When his neighbor arrived Koji explained the situation that had happened and that he had rid her of her pest problem. The woman was pleased and gave the yen she had promised to the boy. As Koji made his way out of the house his neighbor yelled for the boy one last time. ”So how about you clean that dead raccoon from out of my house? I'll pay you again.” Koji twisted around slowly. A blank look on his face. ”Same amount?” The woman shook her head. ”Half.” Koji stared blankly at the woman and simply stated. ”We'll see. With that he opened the door and head home for the day. ”Well I need an answer soon. That things stinking up my home!” Koji shook his head as he walked away. I'm not so sure it's even the raccoon that make the house smell.<i></i>

As Koji walked through the door of his house he found his brother and mother at the table. Immediately his sibling laughed at the cut on his cheek while his mother rushed in quickly with a wet cloth dabbing his face and repeating ”I told you to be careful! As Koji stood there and took this in he thought back on his first mission. As he first reflected it seemed that it was a miserable failure. But then he thought about what he truly learned today. How to think on your feet, how to adjust your plan, thinking outside of the box, dealing with a situation you ween't prepard for, staying calm and not overreacting. Koji smiled to himself as these thoughts came in.

Perhaps being a ninja really was his destiny.

[WC: 1901]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back