Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reactivating Kasen

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
I would like to reactivate as Kasen, but more than half of what I was approved for in the past is out of date. I need to basically do a whole OCR to update the majority of things. Can someone give me a hand? I don't have access to any of my old information.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Welcome back!

I sent you a PM with what should be your old profile information. When you're ready to start with the process just feel free to update this thread.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Character Name: Shinku Kasen
Preferred Username: Same as it is now
New Village/Missing: Still Sand
Core Ability: I was approved for Water Adept, since that got updated I'm going to remain with Tidecaller since I think that's the updated form.
Custom Class: I'm updating this. Most of this was out of date, I think I did it right but I'm really not sure.
Custom Class said:
Daughter of Poseidon [Vet]
HP: (60+lvl15) x stamina (600) = 45,000
CP: (40+lvl15) x chakra control (600) = 33,000
Class Bonus: Kinjutsu, +5% Chance of inflicting Called Shots (I have a class point card, if I recall correctly)
High: Ninjutsu Accuracy (-10)
Average: Dodge, Genjutsu Save, Genjutsu DC
Low: Ranged Accuracy, Melee Accuracy (+10)
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Med-Nin (Keeping the same)
IC Rank: Keeping the Same

Character Age: 21
Sex: Female
Character's Physical Description: I'm updating this.
After Kasen was cleansed of the plant that tainted the chakra within her, she was born anew when Kaen ignited her own chakra once more. Her physical composition was almost entirely undone, making changes to things that made her who she was before. Kasen, for all intensive purposes, was practically different in everything but her memories. Having her entire being altered caused massive external and internal changes. As such, Kasen now takes on a new appearance, reflecting this change in her. Her once long maroon colored hair has since been replaced with short cerulean locks. Her eyes are as deep and as blue as the crystalline oceans that surround all of Suna. Her tall figure is lithe and graceful, always being held with poise and dignity. Some might speculate that her form may not even entirely exist in a solid state part of the time. Kasen wears a black and blue, high-collared halter top, two pink, intersecting belts over her chest, and black shorts. She wears a silver badge that crosses over her chest in the shape of a shark. On Kasen's arms are white bell-sleeves and tan, fingerless gloves. She also wears a small, segmented piece of armor on each of her upper arms. She wears what appear to be black stockings or socks on her legs which reach to about halfway up her thighs, leaving a small area of bare skin on her upper thighs. Kasen also bears two strips of blue cloth that drape over either side of her hips, along with a smaller, white strip of cloth tied around her waist, draped in the same manner. Finally, she wears pointed, armored, silver boots with a sharp "hook" on the outer side of each.When performing medical tasks, Kasen might appear in a medical coat and a small set of silver framed glasses.

Character's Mental Description: Describe your character's mental and emotional states.
Multiple Personality Application: I am updating Kasen's personality, I am not changing her Jinchu's personality.
Over the course of her time among the sea, Kasen has aged into a disciplined and tranquil woman. She finds calm and peace within the waves and the world around her. After that fateful day where Kaen freed her from the possession of that poisonous plant and unleashed the part of her that most fought within itself, she struggled with herself internally until finally she was able to find peace within her raging soul. Kasen has learned to control the urges that once possessed her with such hostility, fear, and darkness. Her and Samebizu are no longer two parts of a whole that once fought for control and dominance. Kasen and Samebizu now exist in a state of harmony and balance, existing as one. She is still that same joyful person she was in her younger years, but she carries herself with a sense of maturity, dignity, and control. Her soothing personality often is infectious to others; something that she believes helps her when practicing medicine. She tends to go with the flow, remaining laid back and taking everything one step at a time. She spends most of her days on the beach, for it is truly the place that she calls home.
Samebizu is an "ancient" shark that used to roam the waters off the coast of Suna, terrorizing those that happened to swim too far into her territory or harmed her kin. At least until her unfortunate death. Samebizu acts as all sharks do, and mostly acts upon instinct. She is restless, having not come to terms with her death. Since she and Kasen have formed a bond over their shared traumatic pasts, Samebizu has grown to be a motherly presence to Kasen, a protector. Since Samebizu doesn't seem to have any ill contempt towards Kasen, it's made her a little easier to control when the natural instincts want to take over. Kasen mainly has to deal with the instinctual shark quirks that bug her from time to time. Still, Samebizu is still a shark in nature, and as such will behave as one. Which also means that if Samebizu's chakra is being utilized, some of that behavior and her personality can blend or bleed over into Kasen, in more than just the physical changes that may occur. Long story short, she behaves like a shark.

Character History: Keeping it the same.
Clan Request: I am requesting hybrid status with Suna's minor Water Court. Application/Reasoning is below. Will make changes or adjustments as needed but I did the best I could to resolve some plot points and get it somewhat started out and give an idea of what I'm going to look into or investigate. Kasen is going to basically pursue her new abilities and identity in order to grow into herself since a lot of things have changed.
Kasen couldn't recall how much time had passed since her episode at the hospital. She tried to recall the last time she saw another person, or more than just the clear blue waters that surrounded her now. It had been just after Kaen had expelled the control that the foreign plant held on her, the contamination that it's chakra held over her entire being. That day, Kaen seemed to spark something within her. As he released her from the chains that held her, it was like her molecular structure realigned itself. Samebizu, the powerful, millennia old shark's power had taken hold of her weakened state, propelled her into a carnal visceral rage that consumed her mind and her body. She had darted from the familiar sands of the Sunan beaches right into the endless waters that lapped at its shores. During that time she spent in an altered form, Kasen couldn't remember much. Her memory of that time is foggy at best. She had been so consumed in rage and instinct. Same having freed herself and taken hold of Kasen.

Kasen's conscious spent much of it's time forced behind the overbearing strength. Same had taken them far from the shores, some dire need to reach the waters she used to rule once more. However, much time had passed since Same used to rule these waters; things were not the same. Same had tried to restore her presence to the waters, attacking any that dare enter into them, trying to convince other sharks to swear fealty to her, making her power and strength known. It hadn't worked very well. Same in the end was left mostly frustrated and disappointed. It was not that she could not claim her title back, it was that in this form, none of her kind would respect her the same as they once had. She was confined to the human prison that held her. Eventually, Same had expended all of the pent up rage and bitterness that she had held deeply within her.

As Kasen remain trapped within her own mind, she worked as a soothing presence to the beast. She watched, she listened, she was just as much aware of what was going on as Same was. As the years past, Kasen developed a liking to a state of serenity. The inside of her mind was once chaotic and frenzied. But now, it was peaceful, serene, and bright. Kasen would walk along the fictional beaches and bask in the sun, just watching as waves rolled against the shores. It reminded her of home. When Same was done, she would seek her out. Kasen knew taking back her body from the shark would only make things more hostile in their relationship. Same may not have been her choice to have within her, but over time she had grown fond of the bond they shared. Same, though, needed to understand that even if she were free, even if she was able to go and do and be as she was, things would not be as she once remembered. The anger and sadness that raged within her would not allow her to move forward. So, in her mind, Kasen waited.

It would be several years that Kasen needed to wait for the shark to come to her. In that time, she reflected on some of the things that had essentially been swirling around in her head but she had never truly processed. When she had taken a trip to one of her father's experimental labs in the cold, frozen wasteland of Water Country, Kasen discovered something that she had left her conflicted. She had initially been there to find paperwork that would lead to the whereabouts of her father, so Kaen and her could end their long suffering and the potential future suffering that others might endure at the cost of his evil doing. However, something she didn't tell Kaen was that she did find papers, lots of papers. The papers were mostly censored, purged of all usable information. But deep within the bowels of the lab were a set of documents that were left locked away in a cabinet, as if they had been preserved in time waiting for this moment. As Kasen had opened one of the folders, she had discovered a birth certificate with her name on it. There was another birth certificate that she found in it as well. Kaen's was also documented here. The folder was part of a series of folders that all surrounded a series of other children. There had been a primary focus on children that might...arise to be certain elemental prodigals, or that's what it was led to believe. There was an inconsistency in the records though. Kasen and Kaen did not have the same father listed, nor were they profiled to possess the same elemental gifts. Kasen had been listed as a good candidate for experiments befitting those with an affinity for water, while Kaen had been marked to be a good candidate for fire. Their mother was listed as the same woman on both papers. Kasen picked up a photograph from inside of the folder. It was a photo of a man with cerulean colored hair and eyes. His smile reminded her much of her own. It seemed that she got many of her defining facial features from him. At the time, Kasen's appearance had resembled her mothers, but seeing how she appeared now, how she truly was meant to appear, she realized she was practically a female clone of her father. She wanted to see who Kaen's father was, if her brother resembled him as well, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. As close as they were, she felt it was something he should learn and she should let him share that with her if he wanted to.

Thinking of Kaen, she let out a deep sigh. He had looked so broken and determined the last time she saw him. Would he be mad? Would he hate her? Would he even know who she was? Things were so different now. When Kasen had returned to Suna, shortly before the accident that put her into the hospital, she had looked up the man that was listed on her birth certificate. His name was Genzai Kaiyo. There were not many records on the man, but the records indicated that he did indeed have an extremely gifted prowess in the wielding water jutsus and was a natural born citizen of Suna. Kasen noted that his family line extended quite a bit; it seemed like they could have even dated to the start of Suna, but many of the records were damaged or missing most of their information so it became increasingly difficult to nearly impossible to get all the records in order. She stopped after going back about 7 generations down his family line. The odd consistency between all of these members of this line was that they were all gifted uses of water, each known for a different practical use of it, each with their own unique traits. Kasen thought back to the folder from the lab that she had found, marking her as a candidate for experiments surrounding water. What had these scientists been doing? And did it have something to do with her lineage? What made this family special? Why would that target her and her brother? Kasen had numerous questions, but her research fell short when she had collapsed and had to be admitted to the hospital.

Too many thoughts ate away at her as she was left alone in her mind. One day, Same finally came to her, sought her out on her shoreline. The shark had looked so defeated, as if all the fight had drained from her. Kasen had looked at the large shark and met her with love and kindness. She understood what it was like to have lost everything and also knew that the path of bitterness and anger would only lead to more despair. Kasen had waded out into the waters, placing a hand on Same and the two became one, balanced and strong. It felt like coming home. When Kasen awoke, finding that once again she had full control of her body, she found herself floating in the ocean. All around her was open sea, the sun shining above her, as if she had just woken up from an afternoon swim. However, Kasen had aged significantly. Her body was more mature, and she was taller. She had looked at her reflection in the water, her hair and eyes the same striking blue as they had been after undergoing her change. She wasn't sure what Kaen had done, but everything was different. Kasen had sighed. What would she do now? She was sure Same would not leave the oceans around Suna, but there was no telling where they were. Kasen lifted one of her hands to her face and inspected it. Focusing, she found that her physical form could become one with the waters. She phased through her own hand, as clear and as cool as the water itself. She felt lost, confused over what she would do next. Kaen was one of the thoughts that replayed over and over in her brain. She almost felt like her life had started over again. At a loss for what to do, Kasen used her new ability to simple fade away, into the ocean.

She wasn't sure how long she had remained like that, lost to the sea. She allowed the current to take her where she needed to go and at it's will. It was a very...surreal experience. She could not tell where she began and where the waters ended, but she knew that existed. After some time, Kasen could feel a pull. She thought at first that it was a strong current or a storm that was propelling the waves to tug her around. She had grown used to this, but the feeling was different. It was...as if something was calling to her. She waved it away as simple nonsense, having gone through so many changes over the years it was probably just paranoia. But then Same convinced her otherwise. We aren't in my waters anymore, yet, they seem so familiar... I stalled. Since becoming part of me, and finding a balance between us, Same rarely spoke of her waters anymore. But what would be so familiar to Same that it would even cause her to question their surroundings? Kasen felt the pull from within her become stronger the longer she drifted through the current. "You remind me of your father."<i></i> Kasen's reformed into a more solid state. Her body suddenly felt like it grew heavy. She began to sink deeper and deeper into the darkness of the ocean. It eventually grew too deep for her to see. Do not panic. Same's presence reminded her that she needed to remain calm. She was a daughter of the ocean, it was her birthright and she would not be afraid. It was so quiet and so dark, it was as if Kasen had lost all connection to her senses. Yet, it was oddly peaceful as well. For all she knew, she could have drowned and died and she would not have cared. This was the most alive she had ever felt, here in this moment. But the voice seemed to call out to her again. "You are ready."<i></i> Kasen thought she felt something grasp her in the dark, a soundless gasp leaving her body. Given that she was overloaded with sensory deprivation, at this point she could not tell if the voice or the feeling were real. Suddenly her body glowered, it once again was in a formless state, only a feint line outlining around the formless water that was her body. It continued to get brighter and brighter, lighting up the darkness. Where once she had been swallowed in darkness, now she was blinded with light, if only for a momeny before she was plunged back into darkness.

When next Kasen awoke, she found herself washed up on a beach, a beach close to the outer skirts of the town that she recognized was close to her home. Her hands gripped the sand underneath her. Had she almost drowned? Kasen stood on shaky feet, not used to having touched land in years. She held her head, trying to clear some of the fog that gripped her. She remembered the encounter in the waters, but she could not determine how she had gotten from there to here, nor if what she had experienced was real. Perhaps it was a state of delusion from having drifted through the sea. She had been gone long enough though. She had a new purpose, and she would fulfill it; though the encounter left her with a sense of unease and sat heavily on her mind.

Special Usergroups: None

Old Stats:
Stamina: 600/600
Agility: 600/600
Taijutsu: 600/600
Ninjutsu: 600/600
Genjutsu: 600/600
Chakra Control: 600/600
Total PL: 3600
ASP: 628
CL: 15

Old OOC Rank: Keeping it the same, S-Rank
Stat Cut: None

Jutsu Mastery Swaps: I have marked in red the things that need sold
Ninjutsu
Water - Keeping all

Blood - Keeping All
Crystal - Exchanging All for Vapor

Ice - Keeping All

Kinjutsu: Jinchuriki - These are outdated, I need to sell them all and have the Mastery Points converted into ASP so I can update them in training after

Non-elemental - One B-Rank doesn't exist and needs sold and converted to ASP

Medical - Keeping All

ANBU - Keeping All

Genjutsu
Audial - Keeping All
Kinetic - Keeping All
Visual - Keeping All
None

Will - Keeping All

Taijutsu
Unarmed - Keeping All
Other Refunds: None

Name of any Contract you currently own: Shark (no change there)
Name of any Cursed Seals you currently own: None
Name of Kinjutsu you own: Jinchuriki (no change there)

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Class is fine
Swaps are fine

The seven traceable generations in the history. Are they based in Wind Country?

The Water Country reference will require another approval.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yes, they are all from Wind Country. Also the water country portion was part of an IC topic I did for a contract. I'm not sure if it would still need approval. It's fine either way but here is the link for that.
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=641&t=57447

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
One thing for clarification, and just needing you to affirm this point for us;

You have documentation of you/your hybridness found in Water Country. Ancients do not/did not exist outside of Wind Country, as if their existence is locked within the borders of Wind Country. So to keep in line with this, the Water Country base/lab would make sense to be something that occurred after hybridization or like an archive of the original work in Wind Country that for whatever reason had to be relocated, or was a starting point for plucking up random youngsters to take to Wind Country.

Are you fine with accepting this addendum to that part of your write-up?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Your papers appear in order, welcome back to glorious nation Arstoz- uhhh Sunagakure! (cause no trouble)

I have applied your Yen refund already, all in all the receipt comes to:

Yen - 7'500
ASP - 57

Don't spend it all in one place. Any questions or things I missed don't hesitate to ask. Glad to have you back in the sand pit!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back