Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reactivation OCR Maki -> Kairyuu

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
So I actually reactivated here: https://ninpocho.com/threads/beam-me-back-up-captain.68115/#post-382570

However I have yet to post or anything and decided I would rather OCR than keep Maki. I just needed to reactivate to see my profile to do so.

Old Character Name: Tonkon Maki
Old Village/Missing: Leaf
OCR Type: Reactivation/Retire
Last Known Where-abouts: At his house sipping on an expensive drink.
Old IC Rank: I do not remember if it was Sennin or Jounin but one of thems.

New Character Name: Kairyuu "Wakou" Ryuuguu
Preferred Username: Kairyuu
New Village/Missing: Mercenary
New BL/CA: Ryu - Will of the King branch. App is part of my OCR.
Custom Class:

Winterborn - Veteran Grade
HP: (60+lvl) x stamina
CP: (40+lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: Kinjutsu, +1 Melee Accuracy
High: Melee accuracy
Average: Evasion, Genjutsu Save, Genjutsu DC
Low: Ranged Accuracy, Ninjutsu Accuracy

Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Main Branch
IC Rank: Mercenary

Character Age: 22
Sex: Female
Character's Physical Description:
Kairyuu looks to be what she is - A 22 year old woman. She stands at 5'4" and weighs in at 115lbs. She has pale skin that is mostly free of blemishes. Her most distinguishing features, however, are her eyes and hair.

Her hair is layered, with the front ending at eye level while the back goes to her shoulders; more noticeable is the coloration as it seems to be colored as a dark rainbow - A blackblue base with yellow, purple, pink, red, green, and blue strands popping up throughout. Her right eye is an amethyst purple shade that looks as if an actual gemstone was set into her face, meanwhile her left is a blood red orb that marks her lineage.

She is most often seen in an imperial naval outfit, with black and gold being the prominent colors through her wardrobe, though she is not against rainbow outfits if they suit the moment.

Character's Mental Description:
Kairyuu is destined for some sort of greatness, she feels. A kind, happy woman as she is, she doesn’t let this potential delusion of grandeur turn her into anything less than the virtuous being she is. She believes her greatness is in restoring her lineage and becoming a beloved, beneficent leader of all people. She is thoughtful of others in her actions with empathy and soft skills on full display, and thinks about her actions thoroughly before putting them into play.

However, when in private with those she trusts she’s not afraid of showing her vulnerability and doubts. The burden of her supposed destiny weighs heavily in her mind, and she feels as much a prisoner to its whims as a figure of glory.

Multiple Personality Application: Not Applicable.

Character History: Word Count: 2952 words
Go forth and bring glory back to our name!

Nine words. 10 syllables. 41 characters. We could keep going down, trying to inflate the number, but it only changes our perspective, not the fact. Nine words changed the life of a young girl, lost and scared as her world falls apart. Nine words would lead her on a path to learning about her heritage, learning the burden of her bloodline, and working to restore its name. And just as we can change perspective, we learn to see others as well.
----
She remembered the before times. She wasn’t very old, but she remembered. The cheers and celebrations as the first Mizukage was announced. The shock and disappointment as he vanished. The surprise as he was replaced by a man no one recognized but knew who he was. Then came the man who caused all of the problems. Then….well then it was the woman with the cane! It was such a short time for there to be four Kages. That should have told them something, she often thought bitterly. Four leaders but no leadership. Was it really any surprise that when disaster struck the response was completely missing?
----
She remembers that it was, ironically, warm that day. Her mom had dressed her in light clothing. The Ferris wheel was going around and around, and the roller coaster went up and down the hills. It was her dad’s day off work and to celebrate they were going to the amusement park. She was standing in line, watching the rides move about and wondering in awe how they did it. Yes, it was a warm day.
----
The ride was stopped! It had been slowing down for a moment, and now it was stopped at the peak of its spin. She looks over at her mother who was beginning to panic. It took her a moment to figure out that the chill from the ride moving so fast was still there. No, it was even colder! She looked to her dad who was kicking at the bar holding them in the Ferris wheel cart. She wasn’t sure what was going on, but she knew they would be fine. After all, her daddy worked in the crystal tower! He was important, the shinobi would come to rescue him if anything bad ever happened! With a howl, he finally breaks the safety bolt and rips the bar up. They were getting down!
----
Their home was still there. But they couldn’t go inside. The door had frozen shut, the windows coated with a layer of ice so thick her father couldn’t even kick them in. If you didn’t know it was where the house was, you couldn’t tell what it was. They had been trying to get in for three days now. Occasionally her father would usher them into a snowbank to hide from one of the roving bands of people. The shinobi were all gone, and none of the people left seemed friendly. But even without the shinobi, her dad was still too awesome to let anything happen.
----
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
----
They were still together at least. The men who caught them weren’t very nice though, even though they said they were friendly. They were using dad as a hostage, and occasionally beat him with their hands and feet if she or mom tried to escape. Food was scarce now, here even on the outskirts of the village. And she’d heard that even the biggest of the guys who went into the city never came back.

She starts as one of the men glares at her daydreaming self. She gets back to cleaning. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw dad pocket a knife from the kitchen. She knew this was it, he would free them! Her daddy had never given up, he was her hero!
----
They shot him.
----
She could hear their screams of rage echoing off the walls of the cave. That was her least concern, however, as she led her mom blindly along the tunnel they were in. Water still dripped down here, deep beneath. One of the men mentioned there were natural hot springs down here, which led to it being warmer. They had been hunting for them ever since that strange man had gotten shot. Something about that…

No, more important was her mom. And the angry men chasing them. She wasn’t sure what had happened, only that it was their chance to escape. One hour ago, one of the men was shouting at her, growing red in his face as he did. Soon that red spread to the air around him, to his friends, to all of the things she hated. Even to her own hands and, she assumed, her whole. And then it was as if hell had opened up around them; the cold hell from above. Icicles spread from every surface, and the man was now just a heavy block of ice. Without a second thought she stole the long knife he’d loved so much and fled the room.

She rushed to the pen to free her mother, and they’d fled into the caves as the band began figuring out what happened. Now they were escaping. Something seemed to be guiding her, as if she could see in the pitch and a string of light marked the path. Her mom wasn’t so sure footed, but she was tough. They both were now. They would make it, they would be fine!
----
WHY WON’T YOU MOVE?! JUST MOVE PLEASE! I NEED YOU! I CAN’T DO THIS ALONE!
----
She couldn’t go on. She moved faster now that…..she moved faster. But even as fast as a sole girl could move it wasn’t fast enough to escape the cold. She huddled into a ball and shivered as it settled into her marrow. She could feel the lifeforce leeching out of her into the freezing air. How long had they been living in these caves? All she knew was the surface was too cold to survive in now, so they had moved into the caves. And then moved deeper when….something attacked them. She was so young then. How could they survive this long? She was already…..no. She wasn’t. She would not remember that.
----
Pathetic.
What….?
I said you’re pathetic.
Who…..wha…say?
Look at yourself. You can’t even survive this meager chill.
Too cold….no one could.
This is why your father killed himself.
….no! They shot him!
Yes, because he attacked them. He knew what would happen but he didn’t give up.
That’s not-
And your mother, I suppose your cowardice is why she died too?
NO! I tried to save her! I did!
You tried nothing. You saw the breath leaving her body but you knew the blanket wouldn’t cover both of you, so you let her die.
No, I didn’t. I didn’t know she was-
And now you’re here, the orphaned cur of a man who died fighting to free his family and a woman who died saving the only person left who she loved.
Wha-
You’re here, giving up where they did not. You’re pathetic.
----
She could go on. It wasn’t that cold. There was warmth, not just from below now but inside of her. A burning anger, a righteous fury. She could see that guiding light again. She swore she could see the walls of the cave around her. Rainbow lights flashed in her vision as her mind swam. How long had it been since she ate, and even that meal was but lichen scraped off a wall. Days. But she pressed on. The guiding light was getting brighter. The wind on her face woke her up to the fact that she’d stepped off a ledge in the pitch blackness. She was falling.

Below her, like portals to hell itself, blood red eyes opened up and stared into her soul. Into her whole. A tickle of light played across scaled features as the fact of this creature, this dragon, became illuminated in its brief flash. It was massive, bigger even than the volcano she was in. Bigger than the moon. Bigger than anything.

With a sense of dread as it came closer, her vision swamp and went dark as everything around her was engulfed in black.
----
So you have a spine after all. I knew you would after what you have survived.
Who are you?
My name is immaterial. What you need to know is who you are.
I am-
No. I care not for whatever name you were forced at birth. I speak of your true self. Of your essence.
Tell me.
You are Kairyuu Ryuuguu.
That sounds symbolic.
I was once the king, nay the god of this land. And then I watched as my bloodline grew weak. As it grew corrupt. As it became tainted. I watched as that woman slew my descendant and ended my name’s glory. I watched as our legacy was dragged through the mud…and then even worse it was forgotten!
I don’t understand.
I watched, and I waited. And now you’re here, blood of the blood of the bastard of my blood.
Bastard…speak plain! What do you want?!
I want you to return our name whence it came! You are the result of generations of the bastard of my spawn having their own bastard who bred down to you. At yet…you are no less powerful for it. You awakened to that power in your darkest hour, and I answered with a measure of mine own might.
I….I’m…
Yes, you are the last remaining of mine blood.
And you want me to…?
GO FORTH! AND BRING GLORY BACK TO OUR NAME!
----
Such pain was unimaginable. My heart…it was beating beside me! It hurt so much.
----
She awoke on the ice cold ground, a metallic taste in her mouth. For a moment the world around her spun in dizzying circles and the flame glittered like a nebula in space. Then her mind began to focus as she realized she was alive, and there was light nearby. She slowly moved her neck to look around her as her hand fumbled for the knife she’d taken from the encampment.

“I wouldn’t move too fast if I were you. The heat has only began to seep into your muscles and you’ll get a cramp if you reach for that blade any further.”

Her head jerked to the opposite side where she could barely make out a figure. As they rose from their seat and moved into the light features became visible. He wore a dark blue cloak with the hood up, under it was similarly blue hair and, strikingly, his eyes seemed to glow with their own inner light of icy hue. As her eyes adjusted more the tattoo on his hand became visible. She recognized that marking!

She grabbed the hilt and wrenched the blade free just before her arm spasmed and send pain through her nerves. She heard from far away as he kicked the weapon away from her and admonished with a “I told you not to do that.” And then everything went black.
----
It’s warm, and safe….
----
He stayed here, in the caverns and the outskirts where it was possible to survive if you kept warm and had food already. She wasn’t sure how long he’d been here, but in his words he had ‘failed my home, and now suffered penance.’

Apparently he mostly kept people away these days, and was surprised to learn of a sizeable band surviving in the caverns. He was less surprised to learn that by the time of her escape it was a mere six men…no wait. Five, she forgot the one she froze solid.

He kept her warm, and safe, and even gave her hope over the next month as he led them out of the caves and into the light. As he explained he was going to wait on a passing traveling ship that left him travel rations for help his cause.

And she was going to be on that boat when it left.
----
“How many times must I tell you? Flourishes are for glory hunters putting on a show and dead men well before their time. Do not try to look fancy or you’ll look dead!”

“Yes, Sensei.”

Kairyuu was older now, in her mid-teens. The man screaming at her now was Sensei Gui, one of the ancient sages of the temple she had been left at. Her endless questions about becoming a shinobi like him had led to Enzeru having the travel ship deposit her here, with the sages. Dozens of kids were here, but at the drop of Enzeru’s name she’d been admitted immediately. And she proved quite adept at the martial arts and chakra techniques they’d taught.

Her brush in the caverns with that thing had changed her, and only now could he truly appreciate those changes. Looking back she couldn’t recall what color her eyes had original been, but now she was marked. One way had a gem-like quality to it, as if scaled formed the iris. The other, meanwhile, had a blood red iris and pupil…with only thin black lines separating the two. And her hair seemed to have taken on every color of the rainbow. It made her quite popular with others in the temple, to her chagrin.

The temple was an old establishment, and Enzeru had told her it was where he was trained before his tribe sent him to Kirigakure as a shinobi recruit. She was being taught the weapons of the trade here. That trade?

She was becoming a bounty hunter.
----
When people say revenge is best served cold, they’re absolutely right. Such a bittersweet taste…
----
She was fine. He was not. As the last of the scum gasped his end on her spear, Kairyuu took the moment to spit in his face. A petty response, beneath her ancestral name. But it felt good. Five men had fled the caverns after her savior had heard her tale. And knowing Justice as more than a mere word, he’d sent her directions to find them in the wilds nearby. And now the fifth lay dead at her feet.

Revenge was fine and good, but now that her bounty had been hunted, she was unsure what to do with herself. Perhaps she could finally find herself a new home. Or do something about her old one…
----
“Thank you! Thank you so much! How can we ever repay you?”

Her smile was genuine as she pushed the bundle of food into the other woman’s arms. Like the rest, she expected no reward from this woman. As the people exited from the building, Kairyuu would force the smile to remain plastered to her face. It was only when she retired to her room it would falter, then shatter apart as the weight hit her once more.

Bounty hunting could be quite lucrative if you get lucky on a bounty. She had, apprehending alive two men wanted for founding and operating a pirate syndicate. The local government had offered a bounty few could resist for just one of them, and four times that for both alive. It wasn’t enough to retire on forever, but it was enough to invest.

Kairyuu’s investment was a fast naval ship, armed to the teeth with cutting edge weaponry and filled with men ready to risk their lives for something greater. She became something of an anti-pirate, raiding the dens and ships of those so-called privateers at the behest of the merchants and governments they preyed upon.

The fleet had grown to over a dozen ships now, operating in the waters of the nearby lands and bringing in enough money to fund this charity. And the name of her legacy was plastered all over it. Kairyuu. She much preferred the nickname she’d been given by her own prey – Wakou. But her task was to bring glory back to her name, not to herself necessarily.
----
It is not enough.
I’m trying. I’m doing a lot of good.
We need more. I need more. This is not good enough.
What ever is for you?
Forget not, you succeed from my loaned power! I can take it back if you are not what I need you to be.
……fine. I’ll find a way to do more.
----
The people on the island were in awe of the settlement. And the ready to go fields of food for them. As the kids screamed and giggled and ran around their new home, the adults gave her a more solemn look of thanks. Kairyuu would give her widest smile as they shuffled to their new home. All of them were the same as her – Survivors of the cataclysm. The clan name was spreading to these people as she found them a new home. Even as she knew it could never replace what had been lost.
----
To think – I was once so naïve. I was once so carefree. Maybe….maybe I can be again.
----
Time heals all wounds, they say. In her case, heal was a strong word. The open, raw part of her psyche was still there waiting to be poked. But she’d put defenses around it, wrapped it in soft blankets, and learned to push it out of her mind. As she watched the crew of her ship begin their work her smile was genuine. This was a new ship, the thirteenth ship. The SS WaveCrasher had one job – To restore a home to the homeless. It was a task worthy of her legacy.
----
And for the first time….you seem to agree.

Clan Request: Not Applicable

Death/Retirement Thread: NA
Old Profile: Somewhere? I remade something with the bare basics last week here: https://ninpocho.com/threads/tonkon-maki-samurai-slayer-wip.68126/#post-382667
Old Training: Gone
Old Dojo: To the ether

Special Usergroups: None.

Old Stats: Capped
Old OOC Rank: S
Stat Cut:0
New Stats: Capped

Jutsu Mastery Swaps: Since I am applying for the Dragonheart kinjutsu I'll go ahead and transfer all of my Jinchuuriki stuff over.
Aura Strike -> Dragon Flight
Elemental Manifestation -> Chromatic Shifting
Daunt (Mastered) ->Wyrmwind (Mastered)
Elemental Shockwave (Mastered) -> Draconic Infusion (Mastered)
Life Corrosion (Mastered) -> Dragonbreath (Mastered)
Vanishing World (Mastered) -> Draconic Shift (Mastered)

Other Refunds: I'm keeping it all!

Name of any Contract you currently own: Ungulate. I will not transfer it. I gained it over 5 years ago

- If Retiring character, list link to obtaining the Contract. You will regain this contract upon rebirth back into this character provided you do not transfer it or swap it. Contracts do not transfer over to new characters normally. You may pay 300 Advanced Shop Points to transfer over a single contract you currently own, or pay 450 Advanced Shop Points to swap and transfer one contract you own for another contract during the OCR process. Both options require a writeup to be sent to the contract team for approval of how you gained the contract as your new character. You may not switch to a rare contract from a common contract. (Rare contracts are Kami, Youkai, Tsukumogami, and Elemental)

Name of any Cursed Seals you currently own: Ungulate. The thread linked is from WAY before the url shift so here's me making the custom stuff: https://ninpocho.com/threads/custom-contract-request.62250/
- If Retiring character, list link to obtaining the cursed seal (from village request). You will regain this cursed seal upon rebirth back into this character. Curse Seals do not carry over to new characters.

Name of Kinjutsu you own: Jinchuuriki. I am using this OCR history to apply for the Dragonheart kinjutsu.
- If retiring character, list link to obtaining the kinjutsu (from your village request). You will regain this kinjutsu upon rebirth back into this character. Kinjutsus do not carry over to new character. Also, you may choose any kinjutsu fr your new character, but you will need to apply for it with your new character.

Still actively roleplaying in any other threads? No.

Last edited:

Ryuu Tama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
✧✧Ṩ✧✧
Transfer of Kinjutsu: Good. Sell them and you should get back 100% of the price after we deposit our end (14,000 yen was my calculations).
Name: Go to Admin Request for a name change.
Banner: Go to Admin Request for a banner change.
Class: Checks out on my end.
Bloodline and Kinjutsu: Approved.
User Group: You have been purple-ized.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back