Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reading [Free RP]

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I entered the library and after proving myself a peninsular shinobi I entered the protected records. Here the sum of the village's knowledge was housed concerning itself and those barbarians from the south. It was a modest collection.

I sat myself on one of the reading tables after having acquired the book I had come to get, Raikages of Kumogakure. It was written by two court historians, Takagi Masao and Nakamura Akihiko. As expected of a courtesan's book it was written under the lenses of the Great Man theory and tried to explain the history of the village through the men who ruled it. It was also heavily censored in order to ensure that no serious attack could be levied on past rulers. There was nominal criticism in it, but only enough so that the lower classes though it had some measure of objectiveness to it. For all its flaws it remained among the better historical books in the library's shelves.

After finishing skimming it (I had read it before) I set it aside and took from my person some paper and pens. I began to write using these things,
Peninsular Timeline

0040 BS - Reign of the 1st Raikage Kagetsu Kiyo begins.
0040 BS - Reign of the 2nd Raikage Nigami Eimin begins.
0041 BS - Reign of the Anti-Raikage Sarunishi begins.
0036 BS - Reign of the 3rd Raikage Aion begins.
0032 BS - Reign of the 4th Raikage Kizoku Takao begins.
0027 BS - Reign of the 5th Raikage Santaru Ryuuto begins.
0020 BS - Reign of the 6th Raikage Shinbatsu begins.
0016 BS - Reign of the 7th Raikage Kagetsu Kiyo begins.
0001 BS - Reign of the 8th Raikage Hayata Shin begins.
0000 SE

Hmm. You know the Raikage Kiyo is not as old as others make her appear. The village was founded a little over forty years ago. Even if she had been thirty or forty when she first ascended to the crown, which is unlikely, she should be seventy - eight now. It's more likely from her image in the book that she was, at oldest, in her twenties placing her age closer to sixty.

I scratched my cheek. Why the rumor of her immortality then? She was not the only one granted some measure of divinity. Shinbatsu too was rumored in this book to be a god of sorts. Will the 8th be said to have been a Buddha when he passes?

I continued my scribbles.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Please note, Kumo was not created with Kiyo, she was simply the first Raikage of the current age of Kumogakure.]

Oishi Shichimenchou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The end of the year was soon approaching, but the cold was only just beginning. I covered myself in several layers of blankets as I continued my scribbling. Today I was transcribing a book of old legends. To be perfectly honest I was being liberal in my usage of the old legends by combining and editing several otherwise separate fragments in order to complete a single narrative.
Bakunin said:
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

After the exploits of the six sages the world of men no longer knew death. Men became sloths as they no longer needed to labour to produce for themselves. They could use the chakra arts to fulfill the most trivial of their wants. Fields of grain were left without farmers and the towns were emptied of their artisans. The men of this age enjoyed their immortality by playing card games and fighting among themselves for the vain title of King. Women were sought after for pleasure, but the children of these unions were left uncared for. The Six Sages had done good in breaking the monopoly the gods held on the knowledge of the chakra arts, but they had failed to teach men how to use the knowledge wisely. This hellish world was the consequence of their failure.

The Six Sages quarreled with one another on what to do. The youngest of them eventually convinced them of the need to reintroduce death. They gave the power over death to four: Pestilence, War, Death, and Famine. Pestilence spread disease, War encouraged men to fight one another, Famine robbed the poor of food, and Death preyed upon everyone else. They would ride their horses from town to town, bringing with them death. Together the four came to be known as the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

With the reintroduction of death men became industrious again. Farmers tilled their land hard and the artisans created new inventions in hopes of defeating death once more. Children were carefully reared by their parents to ensure they had someone to take care of them in old age. The coming of death leaves sadness to all men, but the labour of the Horsemen is needed to ensure a good life for all.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back