Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reassignment [Private]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Not long after she got approved to return to service did she find herself assigned to some of the worst jobs in the area. Her credibility as a mednin might have been sound, but in the eyes of bureaucracy she had still essentially gone missing for 5 years without "good" reason and she had failed to show proof of any valid experience in an even longer time frame. Needless to say, the higher-ups could not be more displeased with her performances. Kasen had made her way into the village, aiming to report to the hospital for a shift, but was instead pulled into an office. She was told that she would not be allowed to directly treat patients within the hospitals until she had met a designated number of "volunteer" hours working with some of the citizens that either could not afford to come into the hospital or simply refused to come in.

However, that would not be the only requirement of her probation during this time. Kasen could not be trusted to conduct her hours unsupervised, but the medical staff was short staffed as it was without sending someone with her to essentially babysit with her. It simply wasn't productive or efficient. It appeared though that Kasen's case was of interest to some other members of the village as they had passed along that she might be a perfect fit to working alongside one of their own. Apparently this "brilliant" idea involved Kasen being supervised, while she also supervised and kept this person out of trouble. Kasen, understanding the circumstance, agreed to the conditions, but not entirely sure how well it was going to go. She wasn't worried about working alongside another person, nor the volunteer hours, but she was worried about how receptive the other person might be. A lot of people hadn't really wanted to be around her before the change. I guess she would just need to find out.

That's what led her to being in the Black Bazaar during the late afternoon. She had been given a piece of paper with the name "Riyota" on it and an address for a pawn shop that functioned as an undercover front for the ANBU of the village. Not many were privy to this information, but Kasen had been given this detail under the circumstances that her new teammate was going to be there and that her safety could at least be guaranteed. Kasen walked quickly through alleyways filled with people of all varieties. She could see why the hospital would send her here for the volunteer hours. This was a place that the unsavory of the unsavory dwelled. Lots of abuse and fights over drugs, money, organ fencing, and god knows what else went down here. People could be walking around for days with open wounds. Not to mention, this was considered the poorest area of Sunagakure. If there were people that needed medical attention desperately, it was going to be here.

Kasen looked down once again at the piece of paper in her hand, trying to find the address. She couldn't exactly tell where she was. She had tried following the directions, but things down here were like endless turns and twists, not to mention she had rarely been inside the village even before she had left. The blue haired woman was going to have to cave and ask for directions. She looked around her and saw what she hoped was a friendly looking man that leaned against a nearby wall. He was kind of thin and lanky like he hadn't eating a while, but he was well groomed with slicked back jet black hair and a lit cigarette hanging out of the side of his mouth. Kasen approached him with caution. "Hello, Sir, do you think you can help me find this pawn shop? I'm afraid I'm a little turned around." The man's eyes slowly moved to look at her. He remained unmoving, but stared at her with an almost clinical prowess. The man's lips turned up in a smirk. "Well little lady, what's a pretty thang like you doin' down here? Sure, I can help you. Let me see that there piece of paper." Kasen didn't exactly want to get much closer to the man. Looking down at the paper once more, she decided against it. "Actually, I think I realize where I am. Thank you for your assistance." Kasen turned down a couple more alleyways, making sure she wasn't followed before continuing her path. After a couple more hours of searching she was about to give up. But even if she couldn't find the pawn shop, she could at least do what she came down here to do. She took a look around at the scummy, run down, trash filled area and tried to examine if anyone needed help.

There, sitting on a street corner, leaning up against a trash can, was a small, thin woman, cradling something to her chest. She was covered in rags, appearing very dirty, and was mumbling to herself. The woman reminded her a lot of her mother, the distant memories that she could recall of her mother, anyway. Kasen walked over, kneeling down beside the woman. Once she was closer, she could see that the woman was cradling a baby to her chest. The baby was very pale in color, and the mother just kept rocking back and forth. "Ma'am do you mind if I help you and your baby? I'm a mednin of the village." The woman raised her head, looking at Kasen. She didn't say anything, she just moved back to allow Kasen to examine the baby more directly. Kasen could tell that the babies vitals were very weak. She needed to get its body working at a more favorable level. Kasen placed on of her hands on the baby, allowing for a small bit of her energy to transmit into the baby, seeking out the parts of the body that had started to shut down [Using Medical Jutsu - System Restoration]. After just a few seconds, the baby started to pink up and move around. The mother seemed to light up with joy after seeing that her baby was moving again. Tears streamed down her face as she lightly hugged Kasen. Kasen lightly patted the woman on the back and assessed that the woman seemed fine physically, just a bit malnourished. Pulling out some money, Kasen handed it to the woman. "Here, this should be enough to get you a room at an inn nearby and some food for you and the baby. If you ever need help again, please know that you are welcome at the hospital. We have a free clinic there that can help you and your baby." The woman just hugged Kasen again. "Thank you so much. Oh, I think you dropped this." The woman knelt down and picked up the paper that was once in Kasen's hand. She read over it quickly and then handed it back with a smile. "That shop is just a couple minutes that way. You'll need to take a right and then a left at the first alley's you come to. Thank you again, my dear." With that, the woman was on her way.

Kasen waved to the woman as she walked away, grateful for the help she had received in return. Following the woman's directions, it wasn't long before Kasen came across the shop, a large sign confirming that this indeed was the pawn shop. Letting out a thankful sigh, Kasen hurried inside. There was a 'ting' as a bell above the door chimed. Kasen noticed that the shop was still mostly empty. It looked like there were a couple people in the back at some tables and chairs. Apparently this pawn shop had a small section that functioned as a bar, but in this part of town, Kasen wasn't really surprised. In fact, if she didn't know this was a front, she didn't think there would be any real way to tell. Kasen still wasn't sure what this "Riyota" looked like. She went to the service counter, filled with all types of jewelry, watches, and an assortment of small blades inside the glass display. Soon, a man dressed in all black stepped up to the counter. "Can I help you, miss?" Kasen showed the man the paper. She assumed anyone who would be working here had to be affiliated with the ANBU. The man simply nodded and pointed at a small table in the corner, hidden away from most of the shop. "Wait there" Giving a short nod and a thank you, Kasen made her way over and took a seat at the table that she was just pointed towards. She could only hope this was the rights spot to meat her new teammate. She wanted to make a good impression.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ninety-Nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around. Ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall..." The brown haired Shinobi sat in what was officially deemed a 'waiting room' but certainly seemed much more like a prison cell than any other waiting room he had been in. The area was dark, dirty and growths of moss stained the wet cobbles around him. Once or twice he believed he had spotted a rat, whether it was a single rat or two different ones, he couldn't yet discern.

It was the ANBU who had set all of this up. They and Riyota had a bit of an unfriendly history, the organisation disliking his blatant disregard to their authority and his dislike of their underhanded and law-bending dispensing of justice. They didn't have enough on him to actually arrest him for any crime, but they did have enough pull to control his Shinobi career in ways that suited them. First, they had made him take on a student, a glorified method of keeping tabs on his activity by tracking the lessons he had with said student. Now he was apparently being 'volunteered' for their 'Shinobi Co-operation Initiative' wherein he was going to be bound into a career partnership with a person of their choice. Failure to comply would mean arrest, so either way, they won. The fact that he now sat with his hands bound with chakra infused manacles meant he had still technically gone along with it, but he had certainly made it a chore.

That was how he had wound up here. His first act, of course, was to irritate his guard, starting at the very top of an old academy rhyme. By about forty-five bottles he had begun to notice visible signs of annoyance. He was down to twelve now and it seemed like the guard was about ready to kill him if somebody didn't show up soon.

Luckily for Riyota, the agent in charge of this operation soon drifted down the steps, calling for him to be brought upstairs. "About time, I was getting nervous that I was about to be stood up!" He chuckled as he was roughly dragged to his feet. "So do I get the cuffs off now fellas?" He asked cheekily, presenting his wrists to the guard. "That'll be up to her...Cyclops." The guard grunted as he prodded him up the stairs. Riyota only having time to look back and let out a confused "Her?"

The light was dim in the establishment, but still brighter than Riyota had seen for a little while so it took a moment for his eyes...well...'eye' to adjust. He blinked a few times as his eyes eventually settled on the sole individual seated in the tavern area. A slender female with blue hair.

The guard shoved him forward but followed him no further, instead both he and the agent departed to let the two converse privately. Riyota tentatively stepped over to the table. Hands still bound together he drew back a chair and gently sat in it. Analyzing the facial features of the woman sitting opposite him. Not saying anything for the time being, just watching, sizing her up.

What the blue-haired woman would see before he would be a Pale skinned man standing a few inches over six feet. With messy light brown hair tussled on his head. He was clean-shaven and on his face, she would see faded scars and some burns that had healed well but not completely. His body was difficult to make out in detail due to the brown long-jacket he wore obscuring much of it. Underneath which was a simple grey shirt. His left hand was flesh, matching his same pale skin tone. His right hand, and presumably the rest of his right arm was made of dark grey metal, evidently prosthetic. Furthermore, one blue eye looked over her as she would notice the other covered by an intricately patterned red eye-patch.

After a few moments of awkward silence, his face would soften and he would smile warmly. "Sorry that I look a little beat up, I promised I tried to make myself look as nice as possible but there was only so much I could do." He would joke. "You look great though, like a proper ninja." He complimented. After giving her a few more moments to relax he gestured to his bound wrists. "I have a knack for metal, I can remove these at any time but I'll leave them if you feel...unsafe, for any reason." She would be within her right to, from her perspective the ANBU had paired her up with a battle-scarred, one-armed, one-eyed maniac who needed to be restrained before coming here. Though maybe that wouldn't faze her. Maybe it would just make her more curious.

"Oh, Riyota by the way! Though I'm sure they told you that...though it's the ANBU, they love their mysteries, so perhaps they didn't. I uh...would shake your hand but..." He gestured to the bindings. "I mean I could still try it might just be a bit odd." He joked.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was easy to tell that Kasen felt very out of place here. Not that she really felt in place anywhere either when she was so far away from the ocean shoreline, but the area to say the least felt like someone might be attacked at any time over the smallest of discrepancies. The 21 year old tapped at the wooden table as a habit of anxiety or of boredom, she wasn't entirely sure. There was some mumbled words exchanged somewhere further away, but Kasen couldn't make anything out. Stop fidgeting. Kasen sighed internally. Same sometimes had a tendency to call out some of her nervous habits. Would she like this person she was now assigned to? She hoped so. She hoped they didn't find her weird, or dangerous, or annoying. Kasen had been through so much in her past that it made her feel like she wasn't able to fit in very well. She always tried to be friendly and compassionate though. It was the only thing that truly felt right. She just had to hope that her positive traits came through.

There were some footsteps approaching her and Kasen looked up just as man sat down across from her at the table. He seemed to stare at her for a moment. Why is he staring? Why would I know? All you humans are weird. Once again the shark was of no help in this matter. At least in this case, Kasen couldn't blame her. Instead of asking, Kasen allowed him time to process. If he could stare, then so could she! Kasen's azure colored eyes trailed over his form, taking in several of his features from his eye path, to the missing arm, and to the scars, but being a medical shinobi she didn't pay those details much mind; although she couldn't help but frown slightly as the bindings on his wrist. Kasen had been through the equivalent of hell as a child, and these were simply signs of hardship and strength that one had overcome. They told stories of a person's pas. Instead what caught her attention was the warmth of the smile on his face. He was quite taller than she expected too, much taller than her by several inches at least. As Kasen was looking him over, Samebizu decided to interject with her feelings. Those scars are sexy as hell... Kasen's face flushed red as the shark's comment entered her brain. Same! Hoping that her table companion didn't notice the sudden red tinge that adorned her face. Kasen smiled to him, her jagged shark teeth making a small visible showing.

Aside from the teeth, Kasen would appear to look like any other normal citizen. Her short blue hair rounded out an oval face, with a soft jawline, in accordance with bright pink lips and her deep blue eyes that appeared to reflect like the glistening of the ocean surface on a sunny day. Kasen was still adjusting to the new appearance herself. It was strange to think for 16 years of her life she had burgundy hair and red eyes, matching her brother in almost every way, but things having changed so much, she clearly showed her true lineage, having taken after her father. The girl had a pale pinkish complexion and was adorned in a black and blue, high-collared halter top, two pink, intersecting belts over her chest that meet in the middle with a bright silver shark pendent, and black shorts. Two strips of blue and white cloth drape down the sides of her hips, and a silver armor plating resides on her shoulder. While she still considered the outfit to be comfortable, she did admit that it at least did give some function as armor.

The man must have finished his assessment of her, one which she hoped was positive, when he spoke to her finally. An apology wasn't the first thing she anticipated. It was...surprising really. As far as she knew, this was mandatory, so to be addressed in such a way was unexpected. Kasen shook her head, letting out a small giggle. "Not at all, I think you look quite handsome."<i></i> Kasen blushed again, having realized what she said. Ohhhh, but I'm too forward?<i></i> Kasen cleared her throat. Clearly she still wasn't used to socializing yet. That one had certainly slipped out.

Trying to change the subject, Kasen noted the bindings once more. "There are very few things that make me feel unsafe anymore, and you are not one of them. I think I would feel more comfortable if you removed them. I'm sure your wrists would appreciate it."<i></i> Kasen's eyes would briefly hold a moment of sadness in them, but it would quickly disappear, replaced once again with her smile. Once Riyota had removed the bindings, Kasen would reach her gloved hand out to shake his, as was offered. "It's very nice to meet you, Riyota. I'm Kasen. I'm really looking forward to getting to work with someone, I hope you don't mind the inconvenience too much."<i></i> Kasen would retract her hand back to her side and place it gently in her lap. "I imagine you were given just about as much information on me as I was about you. How about a game of truth or dare to get to know one another? I figure we can ask some questions or just see what kind of trouble we can get into for fun."<i></i> Kasen was nervous in asking. It felt like such a childish game to ask someone to play as an ice breaker, but she also figured it would keep things from getting boring while also allowing them to get to know one another. Kasen waited patiently to see what the other shinobi would say.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He could feel himself being examined as much as he was examining her. The small showing of a shark-like fang receiving a smirk of intrigue and approval from the Shinobi. It seemed he wasn't being put under watch by the typical dull ANBU agent he had encountered in the past. This woman seemed shy, but very insightful, someone with likely many interesting answers to questions he possessed. He nodded his thanks as she permitted him to remove the bindings, they certainly were uncomfortable. Still, he would've left them on if it gave her peace of mind, even though his elemental fiddling had unlocked them a while back. It seemed, for now, she perceived him as no threat, which he was glad about. He certainly wasn't here with the intent of intimidating anyone but he was aware his general aura could sometimes unnerve people, despite his demeanour.

He began to gently rub his wrists to eas some of the chafings he had gotten from the manacles but paused briefly when she complimented his appearance. 'Did I hear that right or am I going deaf? Is she far bolder than I gave her credit for? I'm sure she's just being nice.' These were the few surface thoughts that raced through his head as he silently and absentmindedly traced a finger down a rather long scar that trailed from his jaw to his neckline. His cheeks were flushed red as hers had been prior. He coughed abruptly and blinked a few times, tapping the table loudly as if to snap himself back to attention. "Th-thanks...yo-you look...you're really um...Nice hair..." He looked away nervously. 'Smooth Riyota, real smooth.' Certainly not what he had intended to say, but echoes of the past had swarmed his mind and doubt had overcome him. He must've had misheard her originally couldn't come forward with such a bold compliment out of nowhere. Clearly she had actually said "I can't wait to get hands-on."

'Hands-on...Hands...on...Hands...o-' He gripped his knee to prevent his mind from wandering further, staring her dead in the face once more. "Sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't sleep very well last night. I'm all over the place." He chuckled. "Not a great first impression I apologise."

He chuckled nervously for a moment before addressing her question. "Yes they like to keep most things shrouded in mystery, it's not the first time they've assigned me to something like this, but unlike those other things this seems like it might actually be quite enjoyable." He explained, his smile growing as he stared into her eyes. Once he realised he had been doing so for maybe a few seconds too long he quickly looked away. "Oh uh...Truth or Dare? I uh...I think I've played that once before. Uh, let's start with truth then! I don't know you well enough to trust you to dare me." He chuckled, regaining some of his composure.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Kasen received the compliment that her hair looked nice, a large bright smile had broke out on her face. She was still adjusting to the new look herself, but it was nice to know that someone else seemed to like her new appearance as well. The slightly bashful reaction to her own compliment to him kept the smile radiating. Cute...</I><i></i> Kasen had fallen into a slightly starstruck daze as the thought passed through her head. She must have looked like an absolute weirdo. Earth to Kasen... Suddenly the blue haired girl snapped out of her day dreaming suddenly to realize Riyota was staring at her intensely again. Oh...I don't know why...that keeps...happening. In the back of her mind she could hear the shark beast laughing at her expense. For someone who was as old as she was, the shark was absolutely no help in dealing with whatever these feelings were. She had never behaved in such a manner. How strange...

Luckily Riyota didn't seem to be focusing on her behavior as pressed forward with their conversation. She never really was good at ice breakers, so perhaps they were getting to that point where things would fall into something that felt more relaxed, kind of like how it was when she first met Samebizu. Except you didn't drool over me...<i></i> Kasen chose to ignore the comment. "No need to be apologize. I think you've made quite a good impression."<i></i> Kasen lightly tugged at one of her light colored sleeves. Normally she was quite collected and professional, but it seemed this time was different than most of the other times. She found herself unable to keep her hands still. Lots of nervous habits and odd feelings developing today indeed.

Her breath had seemed to still a moment as he held her gaze for just that little bit longer than she was used to. The color of his eye reminded her of the sea on a clear day where a slight breeze rolled across the waves as a glistening sparkle danced across the surface. "Beautiful..."<i></i> It was a feint whisper, one that even she had barely registered had fallen from her lips. "I MEAN....Beautiful, yes, great, glad you're on board. Ok, a truth? Sure...uh, let's see..."<i></i> She gave a slightly nervous laugh and rubbed the back of her neck. At least he had been interested in pursuing her game of truth and dare, but was sure she didn't recover from that smoothly. She had realized shortly after suggesting it that perhaps the game was a bit childish, but it seemed like it could be interesting. Anyone could play 20 questions all day, but you never really knew what might happen with this type of game.

Being the first time she found herself actually capable of clearing her head, Kasen placed one finger to her lips, slightly biting them. A 'Hmm' sound left them as she wracked her brain for what to ask. She didn't know anything so literally anything was valid, but the first question was one that she felt would really set the tone. She could ask something simple like "What's your favorite color?" or perhaps something a bit more random like "Would you ever pants the Kazekage?" but that seemed silly even for her to ask. Kasen took a few minutes to collect herself, her eyes squinting ever so slightly in deep thought. Finally she nodded. "Hmm, yes, I think I have one. What is the happiest memory you can recall?"<i></i> Kasen certainly thought this question would be a safe one to start with. She certainly had other ones she was curious to ask, but this one would hopefully give her a sense of the type of person that Riyota was. I mean, he was easy on the eyes, athletically inclined, sexy<i></i>, quirky, cute...<I>You're rambling to me now, go back to stuttering to the alluring pirate Kasen just gave a friendly smile. Thank goodness he couldn't hear what was going on in her head. One voice was enough for her. It also allowed her to sort out these feelings that seemed to have bubbled to the surface. It was all rather interesting indeed.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He waited patiently as she brainstormed a truth to pull from his lips. Would she go for something incredibly deep and personal? Or something light-hearted and funny like 'Would you pants the Kazekage?' He doubted that one even crossed her mind as he idly fidgeted whilst awaiting his question. When she spoke again his eye turned back to gaze upon her beautiful face. 'Wait no...just face...normal face...perhaps slightly above average...not...ok pretty beautiful.' He had decided that if she was a mind reader the jig was already up. He removed himself from the distracting thought and actually listened to the words she was saying to him. It seemed she had gone for the more personal angle. His happiest memory, so much for slowly ramping up the difficulty.

He pondered for a moment, should he say something suave and cheesy like 'Happiest memory? When I first laid eyes on you...no that's dumb...' His mind cycled through other potential one-liners, each was swiftly rejected. In the end, he decided she had gone for something deep and meaningful. Therefore the least he could do was respond in kind. He took another moment to think through his life, cycling through various events. So many that had been happy at the time, but had darkened due to the recent actions of parties involved. Until recently he thought he had found the love of his life, however, that had been yet another trap he had foolishly stumbled into. His expression darkened for a moment and the sadness in his eye became apparent. That whole ordeal had left him shattered for the longest time, was he making a mistake by developing these same feelings for the woman in front of him?

He needed to get away from this melancholy quickly, she had asked him for happy memories, not ones that would send even a newborn into a grey depression. He drummed his metal fingers on the table once and coughed. Believing he had pulled up something sufficient. He focused his gaze on her's once more. "Uh, it's a little silly." He chuckled, going a bit pink in the cheeks. "W-when I was really little...four or...maybe five? Me and my Mother." He seemed to choke up a little when he spoke of his mother, almost like it was difficult to think of her. "We decided to paint pictures to pass the time, mine was...terrible...obviously." He chuckled again, weakly this time. "But of course, being a Mum she...she kept going on about how amazing it was. I was so pleased with myself. We decided...we'd hang it up on the wall and as I walked over with my canvas held proudly. I tripped, my hand went through the canvas and I spilt a can of blue paint over the whole thing." He paused for a moment. "Of course I started crying. I had ruined my masterpiece." He chuckled again, more warmth to it this time as he continued. "But my Mother, she helped me up and brushed me off. She wiped my tears away and picked up the broken canvas. She held it up and said." "I don't know how, but you've made it even better Ri." He paused for another moment as his eye began to water slightly. "And up on the wall it went." A small smile appeared on his face as he realised he had just rambled to the near-stranger in front of him. His blush turned crimson red. "Uh, sorry. I know it's...pretty boring." He chuckled again, trying to break the awkwardness.

In an attempt to lighten the mood, he asked her a truth before even giving her a chance to decide. "If you could, would you pants the Kazekage?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. Interested to see if she actually answered before saying "Just kidding, truth or dare?"

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As some time began to pass, Kasen felt that perhaps she had overstepped by asking that question. On one hand, she felt that most people enjoy talking about their happiest memory, but to others, she supposed it could possibly be a sensitive matter, or one that was more fit for friends that they had known for a long time. Kasen tried to reflect on what her own happiest memory was. She recalled the time that she was in that horrible facility and she had met her pet sparrow, Beaker. The time was so dark and so painful, but the small bird had brought so much hope and joy to her life that had been filled with so much fear and pain...until he was killed, head torn from body, and the corpse thrown down in front of her. Perhaps the happiest memory was one more riddled with darkness than she had initially thought. However, she needed to also remember that her life experiences were surely far different than most others.

Looking up, Kasen noticed that Riyota had a sad look on his face briefly, but just a moment. In fact, it was so quick, Kasen nearly didn't see it herself. She hoped her own face didn't reflect it back and caused alarm. She never could keep a straight face very well; Kaen had always told her she could never be part of the ANBU with how open she was about everything. Finally, Riyota responded. Kasen listened intently as he told the story of his mother and how proud she was of her son's drawing. She could just imagine a smaller version of Riyota; a tiny, brown haired boy with a large goofy grin on his face holding up a his diligently made artwork. Watching Riyota's face while he told the story told her that she had indeed asked the right question. Even if sometimes muddled with sadness, the expression that someone makes when lost in talking about something that makes them truly happy shows a side of them that is truly honest and vulnerable. It was incredibly breathtaking and joyful. Kasen couldn't help but laugh a little when he recalled how the artwork had gotten destroyed. Not in the sense that a child's frustrations was funny, it was just that recalling how maturity allows one to reflect on how incidents such as that one seem so much smaller now in comparison. Kasen could feel her chest tighten slightly when he got to the part where his mother comforted him so effortlessly. Kasen could almost feel how comforting it was to have a parent love and care for you so unconditionally. It was like she could almost see her own mother doing that for her, before things got bad. But she never really could remember much of her mother. A small tear slipped out of Kasen's eye without her noticing. Without thinking, she reached over and took one of Riyota's hand in her, placing her other hand on top of the ones that would now be clasped together. "I don't think it's boring at all. I think it's quite a beautiful memory, your mother sounds like a wonderful woman. Thank you for sharing it with me."<i></i> The blush that colored Riyota's cheeks were quite entertaining. Somehow, during the exchange of the memory, she felt a sort of comfortable atmosphere overtake her. She didn't feel nervous or fidgety. She just felt comfortable.

At least, that was until she realized it was her turn. Kasen retracted her hands, placing them in her lap once more. She looked up in slight confusion when she was suddenly asked if she would pants the Kazekage. "Well that depends, does the Kage actually wear pants? I suppose, if it would not get me ousted from the village, I could be inclined to try."<i></i> Kasen was startled as a hand came down quickly on the table, making a loud smacking noise. She placed a hand over her now rapidly beating chest. It looked like another one of the ANBU. A different one than she had met before. Under his mask, his red eyes were narrowed in slits. "There will be no pantsing of the Kazekage." The ANBU disappeared almost as quickly as he had appeared. It was like Kaen had said, they really do move with the precision that you almost never seem to see them. Kasen let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding in. "Wow, touchy subject. I guess he does where pants."<i></i> Kasen awkwardly laughed at her bad joke. You're very lame, you know that? Moving right along, Kasen considered what she wanted to do. Truth or Dare? Hmm, I suppose I could ask for a truth as well. It seems only fair since he answered mine. Again, Same felt the need to interject. That is no way to attract a proper mate. We must choose Dare! We must show we accept all challenges head on. Kasen blushed suddenly. Sharks were very...direct. We just met, I don't think that's such a...."Dare!"<i></i> While Kasen was in control almost always, and had learned to control Same, sometimes the shark had a way of forcing her to say things against her will if the shark was stubborn and determined enough to make her do it. It usually was harmless, but sometimes things could not help but slip out. Same must have really wanted her to pick dare. It was one of the downsides of sharing a mind and energy source with the ancient beast. However, she didn't feel like she could backout now, it would just seem odd otherwise. Kasen cleared her throat quietly. "Sorry about that, a Dare sounds like it could be fun. Let's give it a go."<i></i> Now she would await her fate and see just what Riyota had in store. Sometimes Same was such a pain. You'll thank me later.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Kasen's hand clasped Riyota's she would find him warm to the touch. Assuming she had indeed clasped the non-prosthetic. His skin was rather rough and riddled with small scars but his touch was gentle, but in a way that would seem as if he was putting intense focus on gentleness. As if he had to be incredibly careful with her, for if he lost focus he could easily crush her hand. He smiled somewhat weakly as he looked over her face once more. His new teammate was someone very direct, caring and definitely forward. She exuded a naive kindness that made the young man feel at ease. It was as if she were an old friend rather than a stranger.

His face fell ever so slightly as she brought her hand back to herself and recomposed, both of them evidently forgetting momentarily that they were playing a game here. He cleared his throat and waited for her to choose her fate.

He had not expected her to seriously answer the question of pantsing the Kazekage, but she seemed to give it enough pause to consider the risk of exile from performing such a dangerous task. Her hopes of eventually seeing the undergarments of Suna's highest office would instantaneously be dashed however as one of the ANBU, as humourless as they were famed to be, insinuated the dire consequences that would befall her if she were to attempt such an act of domestic terrorism.

Kasen appeared to have some kind of inner monologue...or...inner argument is perhaps more appropriate shortly before returning her attention to him and politely requesting a dare. It caught Riyota a little off guard, as in his experience one would usually decide on a truth, especially with a new person. There were so many risks involved with a dare, she was putting an insane amount of trust in him to not have her do something humiliating. Was this another result of daring naivety or did she perhaps actually trust him after such a brief interaction?

He pondered his dare idea for what could have seemed like weeks, although it was mere moments. In any case, after far too long a wait a small smile crept across his face and he nodded gently to himself. The earlier interruption of the ANBU agent had been an abrupt reminder that they would have no real privacy in this setting, that everything they were doing was monitored, no such place for a first conversation. He knew he couldn't speak his dare aloud for fear of discovery, thus he extended a slightly shaky hand towards her cheek. With a gulp he asked "May I?"

If the woman across the table accepted the rather odd advance he would ever-so-gently place his hand on her cheek and begin to channel chakra through it. Kasen would feel a minor tickle in her cheek as his chakra flowed into her, sending signals to her brain similar to nerve signals. She, of course, could sever this connection at any time, he was not forcing it. Yet as the chakra signals were sent to her mind, she would find herself attuning to his essence. His spirit was powerful, yet shackled, destructive but gentle, cheerful but pained all at the same time. These emotions would be on full display to her as the longer they were connected, the louder she would hear the erratic beating of his heart.

The technique allowed for very brief and simple telepathy, with which he would send a message and a location. 'DISTRACT' 'THEM' 'AND' 'MEET' 'ME' 'HERE' The location would be embedded in her mind. As if she had been there herself, a subterranean lake within a cave on the very border of Suna. With the message sent, he would retract his hand and nod, signalling that he was ready when she was if she accepted his dare.

If the distraction was made Riyota would slip away, interested to see how Kasen would give her reason for leaving as well. She could always go for the angle of tracking him down, but who knows? It would be an interesting test of her abilities as a Kunoichi as well as her ability to fulfil a dare. Riyota would beeline straight for the cave, weaving his way through to a small underground plateau that overlooked the shimmering blue lake, a luminescent glow emanating from it due to the special algae that grew beneath. A very beautiful sight to behold, and a place that not many Sunans will have seen. The shinobi waited patiently for his new partner.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A deep nervousness began to settle into her after her demand for a dare was expressed. Well...not her demand, so much as SOMEONE'S demand. She mentally was glaring at Same, but the shark continued to remain silent...because of course she was silent now that she had managed to interfere to her liking. Riyota seemed to take time at least thinking things over. Perhaps he thought her strange. After all, he did say that because they had just met a dare would be too...intimate. Kasen blushed a bit, scratching her cheek to try to disguise it. It wasn't so much the slightly amorous feelings she was having more so than the anxiety and the slight embarrassment from having been so forward. She never used to be like that, and even now, having just returned to society, she hadn't expected that to change so drastically. Perhaps it was her lack of experience with individuals in general that caused the over-correction but she couldn't say she totally disliked how the events played out. She was taking a very personal liking to the man across from her.

Finally, as he smiled towards her, her heart would flutter for a moment. I wouldn't mind seeing that everyday... Despite the warning, Kasen jumped only slightly when his hand made contact with her cheek. It was so soft...despite the scarring. She would lean to it, but only for a moment, showing perhaps a bit too much comfort in it. She closed her eyes as a sort of vibration spread from his hand onto her skin. She could have pulled away but it was so...warm. Kasen closed her eyes as her mind was imprinted with an almost visage of his soul. Her own would seem to echo back much of the same. The reason Kasen was such a perfect vessel as a harbinger of the sea was because much like his, her soul had been scarred by her experiences in life and yet she always tried to replace the pain and the sadness with kindness and joy. Tide goes in, Tide goes out; Chaotic and Peaceful. Even Same seemed to react to the small flow of chakra as her own chakra flared at its presence. Everything seemed to just...fade. After what was only a few seconds, the message was sent to her mind. She felt the hand slip away and she slowly opened her eyes, as if in a daze.

She stared at him for a long time after that, taking slow, deep breaths. She hadn't felt breathless in quite a long time, but he seemed to just steal her breath and her senses away from her. She thought of the cave that had been shown to her. She had been there...once. It was a time when Same had disappeared and she went there in hopes that she could connected with the rumored spiritual cleansing properties of the lake. It hadn't worked, but she had met a kind stranger. How odd to return with another one that was beginning to hold much more meaning to her than she had anticipated. She was beginning to suspect that those in charge of the hospital were not wanting to use this as a means to keep an eye on her, and were more likely trying to play matchmaker so she would settle down and kill two birds with one stone. The thing was...she didn't think she really minded it.

However, Kasen now needed to focus on creating a distraction so they could go there. "Hmm, ok, wait for it."<i></i> Now, of course Kasen wasn't going to disclose what was going to happen. She had a feeling he would understand when the timing was right. Kasen placed her fingers up to her mouth and made a very sharp whistle. Everyone in the bar would look towards her and see a friendly smiling face. "Hey, can we get some snacks if you don't mind?"<i></i> The ANBU waved her off, going back to their menial tasks while the people at the bar grumbled before going to grab whatever assortment of snacks they offered. However, unbeknownst to them, or to Riyota, Kasen wasn't signaling for the attention of the barkeep. No, Kasen had a sort of...way with particular animals. Suddenly, a rumbling could be heard in the distance. It grew louder and louder before an entire flock of otters came smashing through the door and leaping onto everyone in the vicinity...Kasen and Riyota aside. Several of the ANBU would try to pick up the otters as they jumped onto them, throwing them off only to be replaced with more. The critters would squeak and squeal as if enjoying a game. Kasen looked back over to Riyota, having noticed that he disappeared quickly. Excellent. With one final look at the chaos left behind, Kasen giggled before slipping away. The otters would leave soon enough, but that would be long after she was gone.

Now, all she had to do was make her way towards the location that had been disclosed. She couldn't exactly remember the way there, at least not from this vicinity. She tried to move quickly, but not quickly enough that she would get lost this time. She couldn't live with herself if she seriously had to ask directions to a place she could at least somewhat recall visiting before ages ago. After some time, she finally saw Riyota in the distance. She continued to jog towards him, waving as she approached. Hopefully he hadn't been too impatient or bored waiting for her. Kasen came to a stop in front of him, a sense of relief on her face. "Well that was unexpected, but I made it, that was..."<i></i> Kasen stopped mid-sentence when she finally took in the scene of the lake. She hadn't remembered it being quite so...luminescent. It was beautiful the way the light reflected off of the lake top. "Wow..."<i></i>

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her whistling and calling for snacks caused a moment of confusion for him. Was her idea of a distraction instead getting everyone to stare directly at them? It was only when he felt the rumbling beneath his feet that he caught on to her deception and with a smirk he braced himself. Otters had not been what he was expecting but it was certainly something he could work with. Once he deemed everyone else in the building to be sufficiently occupied he released some of the mental blocks on his curse seal, allowing some of its corrupted energy to flow into him granting him imperceptible speed for the briefest of moments. The moment Kasen looked back he would be gone.

He waited for her in the cave, legs dangling over the small outlook just above the water's surface. The luminescent ripples reflecting off of his face and illuminating his bright blue eye as he stared at the rocks beneath the calm pool. He gently disturbed the water with his foot before hearing footsteps approaching nearby. Either Kasen or an ANBU sent to arrest him for not cooperating. His features relaxed when he saw the now familiar blue hair and the pretty face that seemed to rest neutrally in an almost curious expression. He smiled warmly, the light from the water being nearly all that illuminated him. He patted the ground next to himself, offering her a seat.

Whether she sat or not he would begin talking, chuckling slightly at her reaction to the luminous lake. "It's...quite a sight." He agreed, speaking in a calm and quiet voice. "I come here to meditate sometimes, helps me get away from it all and...well...control myself." He explained, glancing towards her after a moment. "Back in the bar, I felt you." His words trailed off as he realised the potential innuendo behind them. He blushed and cleared his throat before re-attempting. "W-wh-what I meant was...uh sorry...I meant I...uh...I felt your essence, your spirit I guess." He clarified. "Your soul is complicated, you bear wounds from your past...I could feel that, but despite it all, your kindness shines through." He gave her his take on what he had felt earlier. "There was also something else in there trying to get my attention but...well I won't pry." He chuckled, not wanting to ask in case it was a touchy subject for her.

He lifted a hand and gently scratched his cheek, unsure what else to say to fill the silence. As he lowered his hand, he would find it gently landing upon her's. The touch lingered for a moment before he realised, quickly jerking his hand back. "Oh...sorry." He said, genuinely apologetic for daring to touch her. He glanced back up at her face to check for signs of annoyance but only found himself gazing upon her features. "...Beautiful..." He whispered softly. If she were to react or question him he would swiftly blush and return his attention to the lake, exclaiming. "The lake I mean...o-obviously...nice...ambience?" A thinly veiled lie, but enough to keep him out of trouble he hoped.

He let the silence linger for a few moments after she had said anything she wanted to say. Deeply pondering what to do next until finally resigning himself to continuing their children's game. "Well, that was quite a dare I just put you through, so I'll up the stakes. You can either have me do a big dare or get two truths. Your pick." He offered. "Oh uh just nothing involving swimming." He explained, gesturing to the lake. "I can't uh- w-well what I mean is I...well I never learned to..." His cheeks went red again as it seemed he was too embarrassed to put into words the fact that he didn't know how to swim.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The illuminated cave was still something magical to be seen. Kasen stared on with endless wonder at the comforting glow as it danced across the cave walls and skated across the water's surface. She noticed Riyota pat the ground next to him and gently sat on the cave floor. Her knees were pulled up and tucked under her chin, allowing her to rest her head as her arms wrapped around her. It was peaceful. Kasen didn't mind that it was quite for a bit. The cave almost made her soul feel lighter. She listened to Riyota explain that he came here to meditate and she could understand why. It was easy to get lost in here. Somehow nature made it possible to feel like there were things that were larger and much more important than the inner-workings of man. But, as with all things, the quiet is broken, and topics of much deeper meaning began.

She thought back to the bar, moments ago, where they had touched just a brief moment of each other's inner spirit. The components of themselves that made them who they are. Kasen sat still for a moment. She didn't usually talk about her past...she hadn't in a very long time. The only person whom she had even spoken to about everything that had happened to her was Kaen, and that was only because he had the same kind of past. Kasen sighed, listening to the droplets of water that fell from the stalactites above into the water below. "When I was 3, my mother was murdered. I don't remember her much. My brother and I were then taken away and placed into a laboratory. At the time, we didn't understand what was happening, and do a degree I still don't. There were a lot of other kids in the facility."<i></i> Kasen paused for a moment. The memories of the place were still so vivid and painful, despite the years that had past. "They had us in these small rusty cages and had us guarded round the clock. They gave us just enough to stay alive, but that was about it. If we misbehaved they would beat us until we would stopped moving. We tried to escape, but all that did was get some of the kids blown up, burned to death, or crushed to death...and I'm sure you're wondering, why would they do this? To what purpose?"<i></i> Kasen turned towards Riyota. Despite staring at him, her eyes were clearly visualizing a place that wasn't here. The haunted gaze being enough of an indication for that.

"My brother and I, along with these other kids, were being experimented on. Day in and day out they would take us and perform terrible things to us. Untested injections, torturous acts on the body to control our stamina, strength, healing abilities, pain tolerance, Intellect, Reflexes, and anything else you can think of. My brother and I even had our teeth filed to look like this.<i></i> Kasen opened her mouth a fair bit, showing off the razor sharp shark teeth that lie within. Although, unlike Kaen, Kasen had a normal row of teeth, with an even smaller row of teeth that lie just behind it. Her teeth initially had been shaved into points, but after she was bonded with Same, the teeth morphed into her normal shark teeth. I think they were trying to make some sort of perfect killing machine. Or maybe they were just trying to see how far they could push the human body. I still don't have a clue. My brother and I escaped, but not until after the damage was already done."[/color][/glow] By this point, Kasen was starting to feel a tear fall from one of her eyes. It wasn't that she still felt the pain from that place, but she mourned the person that had been lost there, and the one that had to pick up the broken pieces so long ago. "They forced a spirit of an ancient beast into my body, bonded her with me. The blood and spirit of a Megalodon that used to terrorize the waters of Suna. Her name is Samebizu. She's who you felt. She's been with me ever since that day, even now."<i></i>Interesting, you choose this human to share my presence with. He must be the one!<i></i> Kasen rolled her eyes a moment. "She says hello."<i></i>

Kasen felt Riyota lay his hand on top of hers. She would carefully wrap her hand around his, holding it tight before he had the chance to move it away. She wanted to convey to him that it was alright with her. "Part of me died that day, but I still choose to live everyday with meaning. I want to take away the pain that others feel and help them grow from it. It's why I became a healer....so, now you know my story. I hope I haven't scared you off."<i></i> Kasen allowed for the quiet to remain. It was refreshing when Riyota seemed to allow her to speak her mind, but also kept the mood light.

Thinking back on the game of truth or dare that Kasen had suggested, the woman was beginning to think about how childish yet fun the request had been. Kasen gave a smile and shuffled closer to Riyota. "Hm, a big dare you say?"<i></i> Kasen giggled at the thought that he couldn't swim. She supposed it made sense for someone that probably lived in a desert his entire life, but for a water being such as herself it was something that was as natural to her as walking or breathing. She wouldn't subject him to that though. There was one thing that she couldn't get out of her mind though. YES, DO IT!<i></i> Kasen tried to drown out the flood of excitement she was feeling from the shark. It was difficult considering she hardly ever felt such strong emotions from Same besides anger, brooding, sarcasm, or protectiveness. "Ok, I won't make you swim. So instead, I...dare you to kiss me."<i></i> Kasen's face filled with red, as she used some of her bangs to hide her face. She couldn't bring herself to look at Riyota upon making the request. Despite that they had just met, she felt very strongly for him. So strong that she had talked about her past and laid her most protected secret known. She wanted to know if her feelings were returned, and at least this way she could probably still recover if things got awkward. Still, she couldn't help but let her heart hope.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riyota listened carefully and sat patiently as she explained her past to him. Nodding and prompting her to continue if ever she paused for confirmation. She was putting a lot of faith and trust in him, he would ensure it was not misplaced and commit all she said to his memory. For once he found himself undistracted by her features, instead completely absorbing everything she said. As he had felt, the woman next to him had suffered a lot, and due to that, he felt closer to her already than he was with people he had known far longer. The small physical connection he had made had connected them on a deeper level. There was a bond that they now both shared with each other, a feeling so deep it transcended time, and the pair that had only met about an hour ago would both feel such a connection to each other that it was if they had known each other their whole lives. That was what he felt as she shared her story with him.

Once she was finished he let the silence linger for a moment. To allow her to catch her breath and compose herself if need be. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze. Offering whatever comfort he could manage with a metal prosthetic. With a smirk, he looked back up at her. "So Samebizu, does she approve or is she warning you of how dangerous I am?" He asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood as well. His face dropped back to neutral and he shifted slightly closer to her so that their legs and shoulders were touching. He leaned close to her and whispered "Thank you for trusting me with your story. I promise...you'll never frighten me."

The two sat in relative silence again until he suggested the continuation of their game. He saw her think about it for a moment, pondering her options as she laughed at his inability to swim, which caused him to blush slightly. He gave her time to think up what she was going to ask, expecting her to drag some more truths out of him. Instead, she went for the dare. Fearing swimming, he braced himself to hear the bad news. However it never came, his new teammate instead sheepishly challenging him to a kiss.

His cheeks flushed a deep crimson and he averted his gaze just as she had averted hers. 'A kiss? She wants me to kiss her? Does that mean this wasn't all in my head? Unless I misheard...but what else could she have said? Well if I'm wrong and I try to kiss her I could ruin this, but at the same time if she wants a kiss and I don't kiss her it's even worse, but at the same tim-...' He quickly forced that train of thought off a nearby cliff, content to not overthink this once in his life. Instead, he closed his eyes and composed himself, taking a deep breath. "A kiss?" It was both a statement and a question, he was hoping she would in some way confirm or deny the statement if she confirmed he would nod. "Of course dear Lady, I never back down from a challenge." His fake confidence was all he could offer as his heart threatened to explode out of his chest.

Breathing deeply again, he steeled himself and leant in slowly, only as his mind began to race and wonder if she only meant a quick peck on the lips or full contact...moreover perhaps she only meant a kiss on the cheek...or even the hand...or even...

It was then that Riyota realised he had already made contact with Kasen's lips and had in fact been making contact for a few seconds now. So if she didn't want a full kiss, well she was simply out of luck. Hopefully, if he was wrong she would drown him and put an end to his embarrassment. Gently he pulled away from the kiss, and stared deeply into her eyes, trying to steady his heart rate. There were a few moments of silence, and Riyota, in his infinite wisdom and with adrenaline coursing through his veins could only conjure up one stupid word...

"Ta-Da!"

MFT
[Topic ended after a few more hours of casual chatter or what have you.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back