Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Return [Private One-Shot]

Shiruko Makoto

Head Lorekeeper
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Makoto stepped off the boat with a feeling of intense relief. The second he set foot on the dock, he was home again, and he had never been so glad for it.

The air was warm and welcoming, the sea breeze blowing as a gentle but refreshing counterpoint. It was so much nicer than the harsh sun and winds of Wind Country that it almost felt like an insult to compare the two. Here, there were no sandstorms. Here, you didn't need to constantly carry around a canteen or risk dehydration because the air didn't suck the water out of you.

That wasn't to say that he hadn't had somewhat of a good time in Sand, and moreover a productive one, but, well...he was never going to understand why people would be happy to live in such an environment. Moon was warm, sunny, and usually quite comfortable, especially in comparison. Which was probably why his dislike of Wind's weather was so high.

Unfortunately, he had other problems waiting here.

He hadn't sent a message ahead to tell anyone he was coming, because he didn't see the point. What would they do, meet him at the docks? He didn't want anyone to meet him at the docks. He wanted to head in.

It would have been nicer if you had, but there isn't much to be done about it now.

Why would I be nice to people I'm mad at? That's too much effort, he countered, and all it had for him there was a sigh.

Really, it ought to be used to him by now.

It was mid-afternoon, so he made his way through the streets of southern Moon Village slightly cautiously. There weren't that many criminal elements around during this time of day, but you never could be too careful, and there could be some sort of turf war going on too. But he didn't run into anything of note before he got back to the complex.

It was, however, too much to hope for that he would be able to slip in and maybe sit down for a second to catch his breath before someone noticed him.

The first thing to hit him when he stepped through the door was a sensation of wrongwrongwrong, and the phoenix sending a frisson of unease through his mind, which definitely wasn't good. His hand automatically went for the parasol on his back until he spotted the source.

Ah. That would be Tatsuya, their new 'cousin' from Mist. He scowled internally. It wasn't difficult to recognize him, from the descriptions he'd been given. However, none of those descriptions quite explained anything about the aura of wrongness that he gave off.

What the fuck is wrong with him?

If Tatsuya noticed anything about his apprehension, he didn't show it on approaching. He was all (probably fake) smiles as he strode forwards.

"Ah, you must be Makoto!" He held out his hand to shake, as if he expected reciprocation. "I hadn't gotten the chance to meet you before. Welcome back."

Makoto was pretty sure the expression on his face conveyed 'do you think I'm that stupid' very clearly, because the smile faded slightly within seconds of his refusal to shake hands. No way in hell was he voluntarily putting himself nearer that wrongness.

"Charmed, I'm sure." He didn't bother hiding the sarcasm in his own tone. That aura of whatever-it-was was making him jumpy when he really just wanted a nap. "Now get out of my way, I'm going to go lie down."

He didn't bother waiting for a response, simply stepping around the man. (Elbowing past would take too much effort, make him make contact with that fucked-up energy, and probably allow him to be grabbed. Besides, there was something to indicating to someone they were literally just an obstacle to you.)

Of course, that didn't stop him from overhearing the reaction.

"Well, then...long trip, I suppose?" Sounding bemused, as if he couldn't quite work out what had just happened. Or, for that matter, understand the rudeness.

Well, fuck him then. His weird energy made Makoto's skin crawl. It was only when he put some distance in the sensation stopped and the phoenix calmed down.

I do not like that man.

You and me both. At least you won't try and make me be nice to him.

No, but I think you should see if anyone knows what the specific mechanism of that aura is. The sensation of feathers ruffling. It is not dark energy. I do not know what it is, only that it is not good.

Sure, sure. The few people he was passing as he headed down the corridors did not, thankfully seek to impede him or do anything but nod to him. After a nap.

He heard another sigh--it sure did that a lot--but reached his room shortly after and thus ceased to care.

He closed the door behind him, locked it (not that that would keep out many people, but it was considered rude to pick someone's personal door lock), dropped all his gear and bags in a corner, and pulled anything that would be uncomfortable when he lay down out of his clothes to likewise put down.

Then he flopped down onto his bed on top of all the sheets and slept.

[Country Entered; Thread Entered/Exited, S-Rank/30 Min]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back