Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Rule #1 - Don't Talk About Fight Club [Kiri]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Metal on metal, explosions, gut wrenching cries for help, a cacophony of sounds came pouring out of a most curious cave far from peering eyes. Should you be brave enough to venture even further into the cave, through the twisting turns and paths, not unlike a maze, you would find yourself upon a most curious scene. The path would open up to reveal a large cavern with a plethora of people within. In the center was a surprisingly large cage with combatants inside currently fighting. -BAM- One of the fighters landing a solid blow to the other's mid section. -Ooooh- The crowd reacts, looks of both excitement and horror as blood spurts out of one man's mouth and covering the loose dirt inside the ring. Wiping crimson residue from the corner of his mouth the man would flip backwards in the air while weaving hand seals. With a sudden crash the arena would light up, a lightning jutsu shooting out from his fingertips. His target would easily side step the attack and counter with another devastating blow to the chest. This time the man did not get up, he was out for the count.

"One, Two, Three! He's OUT!!!" A small statured man had declared the winner of this bout. "And the match's winner is Roukai!" The crowd would cheer even louder as a group of burly men entered the ring and drug the unconscious loser out by his arms. The announcer would turn to the crowd and yell into his microphone. "What an exciting evening it's been, ladies and gentlemen. Be sure to check your winnings for that last bout while we prepare for the next!" The crowd's previously roar was now dulled to a low murmur as they shuffled here and there, checking on bets, getting food or drink. The real question, however, still remained; What was this place? To be short and to the point, it was a a secret underground fighting arena. Anyone and everyone who thought themselves up to snuff, or simply over confident, they would all come here on occasion to test their very limits against equally strong opponents.

The lights on the arena would flare back to life, a spotlight refocusing on the small announcer. "Welcome back to Tea's greatest underground arena! For our next match we are opening up the ring to anyone in the audience. The next fighter has requested as much, so without further adieu let's introduce our next combatant!"

The lights would dim, a soundtrack would begin to play on a loudspeaker. One end of the arena would open up to reveal a singular person standing in the door way. A young, but worn man would be seen slowly walking his way towards the arena, vibrant hues of magenta radiating off of his body like a cool flame. His demeanor was serious and calm, he had come to fight, but why. Usually someone would be a little more excited than this before entering a fight. Either way the announcer would continue. "Weighing in at only 170 lbs, standing at 5 foot 11 inches, the man of fire and brimstone himself. Back again for what will hopefully be another incredible show of the night, lets hear it for.... KAEN!!!" Apparently the crowd knew of Kaen, having had fought here before. The crowd would explode, shouts and cheers reverberated around the stone cavern. The announcer would cut through the noise to offer of the challenge. "Who here tonight thinks they have what it takes to square up against the fearsome Kaen of Sand, anyone, anyone at all?" The crowd grew eerily silent, would someone step up to the plate? Is there anyone out there brave enough to take Kaen on?

[OOC MFT]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He heard about a certain event in Tea from his superiors. It wasn’t an ideal vacation, that’s for sure, but it wasn’t also something he could just ignore. There was a rumor that it could be connected to some underground dealings which was becoming rampant lately. Though it’s still quite some distance from Kumogakure, it would be best to keep all information updated, especially when the last time they sent a scout, the said scout wasn’t able to return all that well to report at all. In fact, the said scout was still recovering in the hospital. It was a miracle he even made it to the gate with such injuries. And so, it was decided that someone from their branch should perhaps take a look at things.

Shuuten didn’t like the idea that he’d go. Normally, he’d be the one to do all sorts of missions outside the country. He trusted in Uri to stay put, but sometimes he just couldn’t let his worry go away. They had a bit of a fight, of course, but he knew better that nothing would deter the redhead once his mind was made up.

“I’ll be around the country, as well, but I’ll be a little further north. Make sure to keep in contact especially when things go awry,” said Shuuten, just as the rain began to pour. The two were in their dark clothes in the middle of a rainy night outside the rendezvous point. “Three days, remember. This spot. Not a second late or I’ll be storming in. Got it?”

Uri sighed and then flicked the raven-haired man on the forehead before dropping in a quick kiss. “Yes, Captain. I’ll be sure not to set everything on fire.”

The mission was simple. Investigate the so-called underground fighting arena and find any links to a black market dealing that was connected to Kumogakure. This was due to the high volume of sales of the demetrium they found near the border of Lightning Country and that’s where they heard the rumors of this said event. He didn’t even need to fight at all. He just needed to find answers.

Or so he thought.

Once inside the cave, past a few security, he would be surprised to find the lively arena. People were going about in their bets and watching people get pummeled and beat. It was just your ordinary underground fight, either. Shinobi were around, he could tell, or worse, rogues nins. Some of the competitors exhibited good command of ninjutsu, but why? Mercenaries? He looked around and saw a few people who looked like they didn’t belong there– far too… rich to be found in some unwanted places.

The close he got to them, the clearer their voices became. Aside from betting in the fights, they were doing some translation, it would seem. While seemingly along the trade of the body, pleasure and illegal things, they didn’t seem to posses any Lightning Country accent. And no mention of the region either. Not them.

Uri would continue to walk about while blending with the crowd, trying to find anything. Why could that scout had been so badly injured if this was just a false rumor? There had to be something to find.

Just then, he would come upon another group of unlikely customers of the place. It was almost as if they had of the same mind the moment their eyes met, and the woman who seemed in-charge, dress in a rather sultry dress, beckoned him closer. No sooner did he enter their watching stand, a group of bodyguards surrounded him from behind and a flicker appeared on the woman’s face.

Some time later, as the announcement was made, Uri found himself looking at the arena. There stood a man with red hair and seemingly exuding such an arrogant aura about him. Uri glanced to the side and caught sight of the woman from earlier, seemingly enjoying a company of men around her in her luxurious booth before she returned his glance and smiled at him. He clicked his tongue before he turned back towards the arena and raised his hand for the announcer to see.

“Over here!” he declared. “I’ll take him on, sure.”

The people around him parted to make way, some looking and gossiping as he moved closer to the arena. Wearing what seemed to be a black sleeveless shirt, white jeans and sneakers, Uri didn’t seem at all to be one who went to fights. But the red of his hair and eyes were quite the attention seeking thing just as the other who stood in the middle of the ring. The announcer would get his name and then allow him to enter the ring area. He paused for a moment, not bothering to return serious glare from the fighter, as he glanced to the side again and found the woman now seemingly in deep discussion with a different man this time. It was the other rich-looking dude who was dealing into human trafficking as he eavesdropped earlier.

Too many things to think about and he couldn’t quite understand what was happening just yet. If this place was a den of people like these, shouldn’t they just bombard it and end it all. Ah… but just as that woman said, this place was well protected by other means. And when he saw that the woman caught him staring, she turned serious and raised her hand for him to see. The item of hostage… a folded piece of paper with the village seal. And the only way to retrieve it was to do her bidding… in this case… draw some blood.

Why? He didn’t get much of an answer aside from the fact that she was hoping for someone to appear should something spectacular to happen, and for that to happen, she needed to send someone from her camp. Thus….

“And the challenger,” the announcer began, “From Madamme Soire’s Institution, the mysterious blue demon, Rui!”

The crowd gave a sort of gasp before a few gossips and cheers. Uri clicked his tongue in annoyance. He knew he walked into a trap the moment their eyes met earlier. Whoever leaked his information was well aware of his mission, and now he had to play her little game.

“Right. Let’s get this over this,” he said as he slowly looked away from the woman, now revealed by her calling card Madamme Soire, and fixed his eyes on the other redhead opposite him. Older, fierce and seemingly holding some secrets, himself.

[Topic entered]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“And the challenger,” the announcer began, “From Madamme Soire’s Institution, the mysterious blue demon, Uri!” Kaen smirked, at last a challenger. “Right. Let’s get this over this,” Uri's eyes traveled up Kaen, inspecting him on the way. Good, that meant he was at least competent enough to analyze his opponent first. "Buckle up, Uri, this isn't going to be over quickly." Cocky and overconfident, perhaps it would be Kaen's downfall, these next few minutes would confirm or deny it. The referee would motion for both the fighters to come closer to the center of the ring. Kaen would push off from his relaxed position and casually walk over. After Uri would arrive the Ref would ensure his mic was on before speaking for everyone to hear, including the fighters. "Alright, we only have two rules, so listen up. #1, you fight until someone is KOd, there is no killing allowed. At least not on Thursdays..." The crowd would chuckle and laugh at the joke. "#2, everything else is fair game. Now bump fists if you'd like and return to your respective sides." Kaen would hold out his left fist for Uri to bump. Kaen might be hot headed and cocky, but he was in the habit of acting unsportsmen like. If Uri bumped back Kaen would give a charming wink before turning to head to his side. If not Kaen would simply shrug and step back anyway. "Kaen of Sand vs Uri of Soire, get your bets in before it's too late. Fighter are you ready?!" The Ref would point towards Kaen. "I'm always ready..." Kaen would acknowledge the Ref. "Fighter, are you ready?" The Ref would this time gesture towards Uri and wait for an answer before continuing. "Very good." The Ref would float to the top of the arena, clearly a chakra user capable of some sort of flight. Handy in this line of work I suppose. Once in position he would continue.

"Let's get it on!"

-DING-

[OOC - Calling Battle Moderator]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tumblr_nt5ah8u6DN1t89rpeo2_500.gif

Welcome to a Moderated Battle!
I will be your B-Mod -- Tenkawa Kaori!​

I will be asking for the following:
+ Username
+ OOC Rank
+ Character Level
+ Custom Class
+ Stats (Tai, Nin, Gen, Stam, Agi, CC -- Order isn't important)
+ Bloodline/Core Ability (Provide a Link)
+ Kinjutsu (if applicable) (Provide a link)
+ Abilities (Link every ability)
+ Inventory (Link every item)
+ Pouch Types (You can fill in what goes in there (of that type) later on)
+ Weapons (if applicable)
+ Branch (Main/Medic/ANBU)
+ Jutsu List (Link EVERY Jutsu)
+ Contract Summon (if applicable)
+ Bodies (Dependent on Kinjutsu) -- I'll need all their information too
+ Cursed Seals (if applicable)
+ Strategist Slots (if applicable)
+ Anything else I missed but you feel would be needed in the fight.

Afterwards, in a separate PM, send me your actions. I do have some ground rules though ::
+ Link EVERYTHING you do (besides basic strikes anyway) to what you are doing in EVERY post you send to me. If you are doing a jutsu, I want a link to that jutsu. If it's from a bloodline, link to the bloodline, etc.
+ As with above, if you are using something from a particular augment, link that. If you are using something from your bloodline/core ability/kinjutsu, link to that table. If you are using something from a particular ability, link to the particular ability!
+ When doing calculations, don't calculate damage or CP. I'll do that myself.
+ Place the AP of your jutsu in your actions (makes things easier for me)
+ If there are anything that might modify your actions -- such as if you have +25% ninjutsu damage and you're doing a ninjutsu, stating it there will help me remember those buffs.
+ Make your actions clear and concise -- a wall of text makes it hard to read your actions even if you are comboing.
+ Keep your conditionals in mind. Only things you'd know IC can be used as conditionals.
+ You have exactly 48 hours to submit an RP and send actions. Failure to do this will result in being placed in Defensive Mode and doing nothing else. (other than smart actions)
+ Do not harass me on any medium about the battle. If I made a mistake (or a few) send me a PM (be courteous) and I'll go and fix it.
+ Label all round actions by the round they are for. so Round 1 actions -- Label the PM "Round 1 Actions"
By approving this mod, you agree to follow the stated rules above.

Good luck to the competitors and FIGHT ON!

NOTE: First round will take a little while to put up due to having to compile all numbers together and all that -- so be patient with round 1.

IMPORTANT: I do not entertain "RAW vs RAI" arguments. If a thing is modded a certain way, that's how it will be modded. If you have any gripes about how it's modded, please make a suggestion to get it's wording fixed.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hearing the crowd cheered, Uri couldn’t help but feel rather uneasy. This wasn’t exactly what he signed up for. He watched the other man walk up to him slowly, seemingly observing him as well. Then with a brief greeting he reached out a hand. Uri looked at the hand for a moment, totally unaware of whatever etiquette this man was trying to show, but when a memory surfaced to him and he was about to return the fist bump, the latter had already scoffed and turned away. In the end, he reached for the back of his neck and scratched his nape.

Turning around as well, walking to a safe distance for the start of the match, he allowed himself to glanced around the arena, and the underground itself. He could see the mass of spectators gathered all over. It would be problematic to cause much destruction here, but he didn’t really have much of a choice as his eyes fell towards the corner where Madamme Soiree was with her guests. He needed to retrieve that envelop at all cost, even if it meant having to play her toy for a bit. Still… a fight? What for?

Stopping on his tracks, he turned back to face the other fiery-haired man from earlier, seemingly ready for their match as well. Of course, he should be. He was the one who called for a challenger after all. And then the referee rose to the air using his own chakra, alleviating a bit of Uri’s worries – wouldn’t want to be charged with accidental murder if the man was completely unguarded.

“I won’t tell Shuuten, so don’t worry,” chuckled Chika as he felt that presence inside him. Uri nodded as he fixed his red eyes on the opponent.

And no sooner did the bell resounded for the start of the fight.

[WC: 308]
[MFT]
[Actions and Profile sent]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
af01427fec597b1811e40256411ce2f6.png
dae6f159880509fdef8cc4cac5c0eea2.png

[tbody]
[/tbody]
WTF HAPPENED?
b1d575916d0fa14635499d4af00d6830.png

B-MOD Notes:
- @Kaen: I asked the bmods about one of your conditionals in regards to Renewal -- due to how it was written, it was considered an invalid conditional so it didn't kick off.
- @Uri; You got really lucky this time.

And that's the end of the fight.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A heartbeat. It sounded like a rhythmic symphony as it reverberated in his ears, in his mind, in his soul. It was his own heart, racing, quickly coming to life as it searched for a way to scream and be heard. Surrounding his heart was the ever present embrace of a blue flame, one whose kiss he could almost feel right next to his cheek. Chika was teasing him again and he knew it. He could sense it as a faint glow of blue that veiled his vision of the redhead target across the arena. He felt the rise of his chakra through his every veins.

As soon as the bell rung, the power surged into his body. For a moment, Uri felt the pressure rise within his chest. He could feel a strange burning sensation rapidly gnawing at him. Faster than a breath, he sent the power surging out from his body as he stomped his foot on the ground in front of him, sending a burst of chakra thrusting forward. Like an azure veil that sweeps across the air, it would tear towards the opponent without any sign of hesitation.

And as if the gears in his mind had gone overdrive, Uri could almost see the scene unfold before him, and his body simply followed through the plan without a hitch. He rushed towards the other, hoping the staggered guy would fail to notice in time. Closing in, Uri skids along the ground as he slammed a hand onto the ground’s surface. Immediately, a veil of blue aura rushed from his back, running down the arm and onto the surface of the ground, before it lifted up bits of the tiles as a massive heat wave of sorts sends a devastating gust shooting skyward.

It was during this attempt that he would take a step back, grinning at his work when the target was blown off from a steady footing. And it was, also, at that time when he felt the embrace of the entity across his chest. Almost like a floating ethereal image of a woman in red and black armor briefly appears before she vanishing into blue flames enshrouds all of Uri’s body but clearly not devouring him. Watching his opponent equip a weapon while afloat, Uri expected for something devastating to come, and so he would have to act fast.

In an instant, he thrust his clenched fist towards the descending targeting, and in a moment’s breath, his eyes flashed blue when all the flames in body converged on the knuckles before shooting out in one powerful stream of energy that strikes at the enemy. Jagged arena-floor would be left in its wake as the cloud of dust and steam dissipates. Hopefully, he didn’t carve through the cave walls and end up triggering a cave-in in this underground fight hall.
RqGkyRL.jpg

A single breath and he straightened his stand before glancing at the woman whom he was in service of. A sight of greed and machination reflected in her eyes. Meanwhile, all that there was in his was of indifference as the veil of blue flames would quickly die down. He felt the toll on his body, a bruise forming from within somewhere, or perhaps overheating some tissues. Only then did he feel blood dripping form his nose, and so he wiped it with the back of his hand. How absurd yet it was the way he had used his power.

“I’ll keep you safe, don’t worry,” Chika whispered from within and Uri willed her to sleep for now.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen could feel his opponent's eyes heavy upon him. His own gaze narrowed in response to the challenge. Suddenly the bell rang and the fight was on. Kaen's stance shifted to that of a more observational footing. S subtle wisp of dust was kicked into the air, slowly descending down. His plan was to simply take in his foe, get a feel for his respective style. At first there was nothing, nothing but the stillness and the silent crowd awaiting some sort of spectacle to unfold.

And then his target, Uri, would surprise him entirely. Their foot slammed down, sending a plume of dust upwards. A surge of chakra burst forth from Uri's attack, a wave of azure-tinted energy collided with Kaen sending him back into the arena wall. The sound was not that of hitting metal, as you would have thought it would. While the cage was made out of metal, on each end of the ring was a chakra capable individual who were simultaneously keeping a barrier over the ring so heavy hitters, like these two, don't annihilate their audience.

Kaen, obviously dazed by the previous assault, didn't even see Uri speed across the dirt arena. He was quick, much quicker that Kaen initially thought he would be. It happened before he could even shake off the heat of Uri's last attack, he felt the heat on his back as the fiery rush of energy burst upwards and on wards through Kaen. Kaen's body shot up towards the ceiling of the arena, a reverberating noise echoed around the cavern as Kaen bounced off the chakra based shield protecting the crowd and arena. Ripples of energy lapped out like waves from the hit. And then a weightless sensation overtook his body, a fight or flight response screaming in his head. His pain receptors were flaring to life, he was in trouble and he was falling.

Trying to remain as composed as he could, Kaen would summon an alley in midair, for what little good it would do him. But he would press onward and ready himself further. Bright orange flames wreathed around his fists to serve as a weapon of sorts. Damage beyond what he thought he was, Kaen failed to catch himself on the way down, and with a sickening -thud- Kaen's body met the earth. Slowly picking himself off the floor, droplets of blood were instantly soaked up by the parched ground beneath him. What was even happening right now? And then a battle cry resounded outwards and all Kaen saw was the eyes of Uri flare to life, followed by his body. With all his might he shot out energy on par with his own capabilities. It was over, Kaen knew it. It was almost as if he could see it play out in slow motion, he could also feel how powerful of an attack it was, these shields were not going to hold. In a last ditch effort Kaen would position himself just right to where he, and the blast, would be propelled upwards instead of into the crowd. And then it hit, it's overwhelming energy drilled right through Kaen, through the barrier, through the arena, right up through the cavern. When the dust settled they could all see the lovely new skylight Uri had provided for them. Between the massive amount of power behind it, and the sheer heat of the blue flames, the rock simply melted away instead of crumbling down upon all the people below. The crowd was silent for only a few moments before they exploded into a frenzy. Cries, shouts, clapping. Uri had done it, put on the show of a lifetime. He business might not be concluded with this other woman in the crowd, but with Kaen it was. Poor Kaen, probably shot him all the way back to Wind Country...

[OOC topic left, blasting off again~]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back