Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Running down the Clock [SSM]

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The darkness of the tunnels swallowed Shinobu as he ran into the main abandoned mine-shaft entrance. With a deep breath he began to pick up speed down the tunnel, his path only lit by the small light strapped around his forehead. The beam shook up and down with his motions, showing the cracked and sometimes moldy walls in brief glimpses. Taking on a serious look the man continued down the tunnels, looking and searching for some scrap of hope. " Great just great Shinobu, you wanted to look helpful and pitch in on a nice slow and easy search party, there might be some cute girls impressed by your 'bravery'. But you never guessed you'd be risking your life for some snot nosed teenagers, stupid science branch telling everyone to abandon the search because of methane gas pockets that could be released any minute. Then you get volunteered to go after them because you just hadddd to brag about how well you know the tunnels to that team leader chick. She was really cute though, I guess if I make it out alive this might actually be worth it." The serious look on the shinobi's face turned to a wide childish grin.

Skidding to halt across the loose gravel Shinobu looked left and right down the shafts first major split as streams of dust and dirt fell from the ceiling. "Hello" he called down the right branch, "Can you hear me?" he called down the left branch. "Guess it couldn't be that easy could it!" the man said to no one in particular. Closing his eyes and reaching out with all of his senses the shinobi tried to find any trace of the kids with his sensor ability. Opening his eyes suddenly he started running down the left shaft as he called out "Here I come you punk kids, I just hope you are all still alive"

The tunnels seemed to get darker the deeper Shinobu ran, his headlight swept back and fourth through the pitch blackness like a sideways fountain of light. Split after split he tried to determine the path they were most likely to have taken. A look of concern had crossed the mans face, it had been a little over ten minutes since he entered the mine shaft "This is taking too long, pretty soon we are going to be past the point of no return. Come on, I like these tunnels but I sure do not want to die down here." coming to yet another split in the shaft the shinobi stopped and closed his eyes to focus on the tunnels, he sent his mind out searching for any signs of life. A soft tingle in his body told him there were other people down here, three in all with one very weak, he was close though. "Almost there, hold on a little bit longer"

As Shinobu rounded the corner of an exploratory mining tunnel it opened up slightly into a small chamber, near the right side of the room was one of the missing kids with a leg trapped under a large rock weeping loudly. Near the back of the room where the tunnel should have continued there was instead a pile of rocks piled high in the room from a collapse. Looking down at the kid with a trapped leg Shinobu yelled at him with urgency. "Feel sorry for yourself later kid, quick tell me, are your friends on the other side of that wall?" the kid wiped the tears off his cheek and just silently nodded while trying to calm himself. Turning to the pile of debris Shinobu put his hands together and formed seals that caused chakra to dig deep into the rocks and stones around him. With a slight rumbling some of the rocks formed up together into the vaguely humanoid shape of a rock golem. "Dig Fluffy Dig! Get that wall down without any more collapses."

Shinobu turned from his earthen creation and back to the kid with the trapped leg, after judging the angles he gave a big heave-hoe to push the rock off of the leg and the kid screamed at the sudden rush of feeling to his broken leg. "Alright buddy, sorry for yelling at you earlier, I am here to help.' the sound of rumbling rocks echoed through the chamber as the earth golem pulled the wall of debris down, soft cries of help could be heard from behind it now as the other two missing kids realized someone was there. "Ohh that leg looks bad, I don't know much about medical techniques but I think I might be able to help with this." with a swift action Shinobu pulled out a tiny needle and after judging the placement firmly stuck it into the kids hip. With a yelp the kid suddenly looked up with relief on his face. "See its just a sprain, I can help you up and you should be able to walk on your own." Looking to the back of the room Shinobu could see the golem was moving the last of the fallen rocks away and the other two missing teenagers stumbled out from the cloud of dust coughing and thanking the older shinobi. The earth golem rumbled then collapsed back into a pile of inert rocks, as it did a change in the air pressure caused a rush of wind toward the exit. "Now kids, it's time to run."

The grumbling of the mountain had stopped, the geological event the science division had warned about was over. Where that meant no more chances of a collapse it did mean there was a cloud of poisonous gas trying to escape from these tunnels, and if they didn't get out in time it would suffocate them all. "Move! All of you run faster" Shinobu yelled as they moved back upward toward the main mine-shaft entrance. The kids were tired and scared, it showed all over their faces. "Exhausted, hungry and scared for their lives and all you can do is yell at them! They need more than a taskmaster, they need a guide dummy." Not slowing his pace at all Shinobu made a realization that his attitude was not helping the situation at all. "I'm sorry to all of you, you deserve a rescue team better than me. I want you to know everyone is up top rooting for us, they all want to see you safe and sound and I will not quit until we are there, I will not leave anyone behind." putting his arm around the injured kids wait to help him Shinobu smiles so they could all see. "Lets get home, all together now."

The crowd at the entrance of the mine-shaft waited nervously, the occasional rustle of leaves or chirps of a cricket were the only sounds penetrating the area. The tunnel had sat still now for a little more than 30 minutes, the science division had announced the pocket of gas should have been loosened by the shaky ground by now and could emit from the mine at any time. One of the missing teenagers parents had announced he was going to go after them himself when some of the search and rescue squad patiently and calmly tried to stop him, as he struggled to reach for some hope of his child being alive soft weeping began to spread among the group. Coughing erupted from the darkness all of a sudden, gasps could be heard as med-nin rushed forward. The chaos around the mine-shaft swelled and then receded after a loud congratulatory round of cheers from the crowd. Sitting on a wooden bench with a med-nin examining his breathing Shinobu smiled and gave the thumbs up to the children who were also being treated. His eyes moved through the milling of people making their way home after the long night and caught the look of the cute search and rescue team leader he had been bragging to before. They shared a knowing glance as Shinobu dismissed the rest of his exam stood up and walked toward her. "So this was all worth it."

WC=1365
[spoilername="Nerdy Fun Math"]No risk=no fun, here are my self modded rolls for this mission.
Stats Used
Awareness [(.5x296+.3x260+.2x290) (148+78+58) = 284 ]
Ninjutsu Check (Ninjutsu= 300)
Stamina Check (Stamina = 320)

Awareness = +13 [+10 Stats+3 Sensor]
Nin = +10
Stamina = +10

Total of 15 checks, Shinobu must make 10 or more to succeed the mission.
Pass 9 or less checks = Fail mission, try and heal up with some medical RP
Pass 10 to 13 = Mission Success, exit the cave coughing with the kids
Pass 14 or 15 = Mission success, exit the caves with time to spare

In order
5 Awareness checks to find the kids
5 Ninjutsu checks to guide the rock golem
5 Stamina checks to out run the gas
For each set of five the DC's progress 15, 15, 20, 20, 25

Shinobu rolls d20+13 = 33 --> Pass
Shinobu rolls d20+13 = 31 --> Pass
Shinobu rolls d20+13 = 21 --> Pass
Shinobu rolls d20+13 = 17 --> Fail