Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Safety First... Just Kidding. Coffee's First, Safety's like 3rd or 4th [Free RP]

Takahashi Kiyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiyoshi suddenly and violently woke up, jerking into a sitting position and sucking in a blast of air. The confusion that addled his brain meandered for a moment before he realized where he was. He sighed. He was in his new apartment. After Yamamoto Airi had shown him around town a bit and helped him find a Shinobi-discounted apartment, he went to settle into his new place and immediately crashed on the couch. The boy hadn’t slept in the almost 72 hours since the Chakra Potential Screening Service had uprooted him from the small farming village he’d been born and raised in, and sent him halfway across the country to enroll at the Kumogakure Shinobi Academy. Physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted, he was out cold before his head even hit the pillow. Now, with his mind no longer foggy and his limbs leaden from sleep deprivation, he was finally able to get a good sense of his surroundings.

The apartment was small, but sufficient. It was only one room, but it had everything he needed. When you walked through the door, there was a lower area for you to remove your shoes, and a closet that contained a small washer and dryer, as well as a shelf for cleaning supplies and an empty rack for a broom and mop. Once you stepped up into the apartment proper, there was a door immediately to the left that lead to the bathroom containing the necessities; a sink with mirror and medicine cabinet, a toilet, and a shower with bathtub, all made of a generic white ceramic with an off-grey tile floor.

The kitchen was to the right. It wasn’t large, but it had all the usual appliances; fridge and freezer, microwave, stove and oven, a deep double sink, and a limited amount of cabinetry and counterspace. There was even a small, round table that seated four people. The floor in the kitchen – and the rest of the apartment, for that matter – was made of beige colored wood laminate, with the cabinets whitewashed, and the countertop made of particleboard sheathed in speckled grey plastic. The table and chairs were also made of particleboard, by their sheathing was made of faux wood only a shade or two darker than the floor.

The main area of the apartment resembled a living room. Along the same wall as the kitchen was a floor-to-ceiling bookshelf, followed by an entertainment center atop which sat a small black-and-white TV (complete with “rabbit ears” antennae), and a large armoire cattycornered on the end. On the back wall sat the couch Kiyoshi had slept on the night before. It was made of a rough, cheap, dark blue material, and contained a fold-out bed. The couch was flanked on either side by end tables surmounted by small table lamps. Just in front of the couch sat a small, rectangular coffee table, on which sat the backpack that contained all of Kiyoshi’s worldly possessions. All the furniture in the living room was made of the same material as the dining room table, and gave off a very inexpensive-but-functional vibe.

It wasn’t much, but it was home. Kiyoshi had been able to strike a deal with the kindly little old lady that owned the building. His rent and utilities would be paid in full every month: A, because he was a student at the academy, and was entitled to the appropriate discount; but mostly B, because Kiyoshi was hired on as the building’s janitor/handyman. He would keep the common areas clean, perform lower level maintenance in the other tenant’s apartments, and assist with any odd jobs the owner had for him. If a repair was beyond his capabilities, he was to let the owner know so she could hire a repairman. Kiyoshi silently thanked his father for teaching him how to fix things around the house, otherwise, he wouldn’t have been able to afford the place, even with the shinobi discount.

Standing up and stretching groggily, Kiyoshi stumbled his half-awake self to the bathroom… only to rush right back out again and start digging through his backpack. Lucky for him, he stuck a spare roll of toilet paper in there the last time he went camping, and hadn’t removed it since. When he went to wash his hands afterwards, he realized there was no soap either. One more dive into his bag of travel-sized toiletries brought out a sliver of bar soap to use. Drying his hands on his jeans (as he hadn’t even bothered to change into pajama’s before passing out), he looked around the apartment and realized he was missing a lot of essentials. An additional dive into the bag brought him a small, spiral-bound steno pad and a ballpoint pen. His father’s advice to always have something to write on and to write with echoed in his mind. ‘I have to remember to thank him next time I write’ Kiyoshi thought, finally appreciating what he used to take for granted.

Room-by-room – or, really, sector-by-sector – Kiyoshi went around the apartment taking notes on what things he needed. Simple things like dish soap, laundry detergent and cleaning supplies, along with everyday items like cutlery and glassware were something he hadn’t really thought of before. They were always just there. As he finished up the now multi-page list, Kiyoshi grimaced at what he had estimated the cost to be. The kind and generous lord of his village had given him a small amount of money as a gift when he left, and it looked like just getting the essentials was going to exhaust the vast majority of it. ‘Maybe if I get most of this stuff at the thrift store, I can keep the cost more reasonable.’ He thought, brows furrowed.

First thing was first, though; he needed a shower. Grabbing his towel out of his bag and what was left of the sliver of soap, he did his best to wash the dirt of the road off of him. The landlady had given him a couple of days to settle in before he started work, and he had a few days before he started classes, but there really was no time to waste. As he dried off and put on clean clothes – a simple outfit; blue jeans, white tennis shoes, a plain black t-shirt, and a worn denim jacket – his mind locked in on one thing that he absolutely had to do before he started shopping.

“I need some freaking coffee.”
*****​

Kiyoshi blew out an appreciative sigh as he sipped from an overly large mug. He’d made his way to the Susukino district, and promptly found the central plaza. Ms. Yamamoto had pointed it out to him when they first made their way into the village, and he figured if he was going to find a place to get some decent coffee, that would be it. He mostly took his coffee black, but when he stepped up to the counter at the little café, he was blown away by the number of choices. The little mom-and-pop diner in his village offered their customers cream and sugar for their coffee; but, as far as Kiyoshi knew, that was all there was to it.

Luckily, the shop wasn’t too busy yet, and the barista behind the counter was happy to explain to him what all them fancy words like “latte” and “macchiato” meant. In the end, he’d decided to have a cappuccino, with an orange and cranberry scone for breakfast. He’d almost balked at the price, but this was his first time trying “real coffee”, as the barista put it. So, he shelled out what was the cost for a whole tin of coffee grounds and took a seat outside on the patio.

’Oh, I’m sorry, “Alfresco”. He thought, silently mocking the haughtiness of the barista. He stopped and mentally berated himself for being so rude. The man had been kind enough to patiently explain a whole litany of beverages to him; being discourteous was completely uncalled for… even if the person didn’t actually know someone had insulted him.

Munching on the dry, but mildly sweet, pastry between sips of the hot, frothy coffee, Kiyoshi scanned the area for places of interest. Even though it was still early, there were already more than a few people out and about, dipping into and out of shops or approaching carts to scan their wares. In many ways, it was like the market back home, but with a bustling pace that was almost unheard of in his rural town. The weather was nice; a clear, cerulean sky with little tufts of white clouds speckled here and there. It was cooler in the shadows, but Kiyoshi, who was sitting in direct sunlight, felt like his jacket was almost unneeded.

Taking it off and draping it across the back of his chair, he actually enjoyed the cool, crisp breeze that swirled through the plaza, creating small, harmless dust devils where the winds collided and danced around each other. Even so, it was strange to him that it was this cool, even in early morning, now that the summer months were finally here. He mentally shrugged. They were up in the mountains after all, not the lowland valley where he’d come from where the heat of the day could, and often would, give you a nice sunburn if you weren’t careful.

Inexorably, Kiyoshi’s eyes were drawn to the large statue in the middle of the plaza. It was a strong, proud looking shinobi of some sort. He figured the man must’ve been important: A, because he had a statue in the middle of the village square (duh); and B, because many of the villagers, and especially the shinobi, made small invoking signs as they passed him, as if he was some form of minor deity.

“I wonder who he is?” He said aloud, taking another sip of coffee.

[OOC: Open RP. Please feel free to join!]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was rare in the cloud village to have a day with weather like this. Kumo was known for its harsh unforgiving weather…but just a small few days out the year…one could say there was lovely weather. What this meant for Airi was that today much like most other days would be perfect for training. Clear days gave her a simulation of what things could be like when everything was going perfectly well, which if you train in environments that are not normally like that, a lack of harmful elements could throw you off your game as well. Airi frowned though thinking about how nice of a day it could be, she really wanted Yamita, Argos, and Farana to join her but…

Airi thought about the night Yoko and Maru got into a huge fight. Slowly as Airi was getting stronger she wasn’t being immediately thrown into unconsciousness, it was more like a dream now. She could see things going on a vaguely hear but she had no control of her body. Yoko recently had been especially quite which only worried her more. Airi had tried speaking to her like normal but the enthusiasm was pretty much drained from her. She knew it had something to do with Dogs and how Yoko was not a proper guardian spirit or something. Apparently she had done something wrong in Maru’s eyes. “If I was stronger I would know…sorry Yoko.” Not that she could not ask Yoko but Airi was not one to push someone who wasn’t open about talking and Yoko seemed like a firmly closed book at the moment.

As such Airi got ready for training, she did not bother showering since she was about to get dirty anyway. She decided to sport her usual pink top and jeans. She made sure to have no jewelry on since it seemed silly and she would allow her hair to flow freely. She packed a few scrolls into a belt pouch and took off to hit the day.

Her apartment in the Susukino district was mostly just for show, she sometimes lived in it though. As she made her way through the streets she had forgotten to pack herself a lunch or even eat breakfast. ‘I feel a need to move…probably Yoko. She didn’t go out and hunt last night so I wonder if my body is used to more activity. Still I need to stop for something…’

Airi was not a coffee person nor was she a buy pre-made food. She preferred to home cook her meals but she was a buzz and as such, sometimes you just forget things. Airi quickly moved to go to a nearby coffee shop. It was a more popular one and thus she had heard about it but never actually went, until today. ‘First time for everything.’

To start it was busy and Airi waited in line, if she knew she would have been coming she would have made more of an effort to get here before all the business people were making their comings and goings. “I’ll take a small green tea and bagel please!” Airi waiting and as she did she decided to look around. The place seemed fancy and price for what she was got was high. ‘Yea defiantly just walking back home instead of paying for this overpriced stuff.’ Still it had a nice enough atmosphere. As she looked around she thought she caught a familiar face moving to go outside. ‘Wait…maybe he will think you’re stalking him…’ What was the worst that could happen? If he saw her and she walked away he might think she wanted nothing to do with him. Airi grabbed her drink and took the bagel in her mouth.

Airi opened the door to the patio and saw him sitting, look at the main statue of Raiden. As Airi looked at it as well she felt a little awkward. ‘I used to be so devoted to Raiden…’ Airi silently looked away and bowed her head before coming up to the newest student of the hidden cloud village.

“Ooooiii! Takahashi-kun!” Airi moved swiftly through the crowd of people like they were not even there and then gracefully hopped and slipped into the seat next to him. Airi gave him a mischievous smile and then bit down into the bagel. The taste of butter, cream cheese, and bacon filled her mouth and she eyed the bagel once more. ‘Maybe this was worth it…’

Airi swallowed and then sipped her drink. She pulled on leg up to sit comfortable and seemed to almost snuggle into the chair. She glanced over to him and grinned, “Staring at Raiden hoping he’ll bring you some might powers?” Airi was terrible when it came to joking or sarcasm. ‘Why am I trying to so hard?’

Airi looked out sipping her tea some more. “The statue was put there since Raiden was an amazingly powerful man and basically the founder of the village. They say he was so great he ascended to the heavens.” Airi did not really believe that but he certainly had some legendary exploits written down.

Taking a look and speaking to him before taking another bit the girl smiled and asked, “So Everything all settled?” She really hoped he would not think she was creepy but as she moved her hand through her hair and nibbled happily on her bagel those fears seemed to melt away. Airi enjoyed the breeze and the warmth of the sun. 'I really need to not waste this day.'

Takahashi Kiyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ooooiii! Takahashi-kun!” Airi’s voice pierced Kiyoshi’s reflective veil, catching him by surprise. His head jerked around just in time to see her finish weaving between the other tables and plop down in the seat next to him, taking a bite of a savory smelling bagel and sipping some tea. Kiyoshi almost didn’t recognize her in her pink top and blue jeans. Her attire was so strikingly different the day before. While Airi did look exquisite in her black moon-and-sakura petals kimono, Kiyoshi thought she looked much better in her simpler attire. Not that he was looking, of course!

“Staring at Raiden hoping he’ll bring you some mighty powers?” She said, grinning mischievously and nestling into her chair. Kiyoshi wasn’t sure if it was the more casual clothing, her kittenishness this morning, or the fact that they were both CPSS pick-ups from the valley, but he felt much more at ease around her than he had when he’d arrived yesterday. “The statue was put there since Raiden was an amazingly powerful man and basically the founder of the village. They say he was so great he ascended to the heavens.”

“You could just call me “Kiyoshi”, if you want.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck and grinning apologetically and blushing slightly. “No one in my village used suffixes, really, except on special occasions or towards… uh, certain people.” They were only ever really used when speaking of or to their lord, to grandparents or other elders, or during specific ceremonies on religious holidays. Amongst the youth, suffixes were reserved for very specific situations. They were either used in disdain towards an enemy, with heavy sarcasm (benevolent or not) amongst friends, or between significant others. Kiyoshi knew she didn’t know the cultural idiosyncrasies of his village, but her use of suffixes still made him feel awkward. He turned back towards the statue in the middle of the Dawnbringer’s Plaza. ‘Raiden, huh?’ He thought. ‘Doesn’t look anything like the traditional Raiden depictions they had at the temple back home…’

“So, everything all settled?” She asked, running her fingers through her hair and nibbling on her bagel.

“Yeah – well, sort of.” He said, sipping his coffee and furrowing his brow. “I got to the Torre and the Academy okay, and took care of all the necessary paperwork. Then I got an apartment and a job.” He was actually surprised at how quickly and smooth everything had gone. “The landlady of my building hired me on for building maintenance work there. So, I’m living pretty much rent free, but the job doesn’t pay much on top of that.” Thankfully the Academy provided a monthly food stipend to it’s students; but, if Kiyoshi wanted to make any spending money, he was going to have to start running missions.

“Now that I’ve got a roof over my head, I need to pick up a few things in town to make the place livable. You know, plates and silverware, towels and bedlinens, that kind of stuff.” He paused and reflected on his choice of words, “in town”. He essentially lived “in town”, now. Back home it was a half-day walk to get from some of the cottages closer to the main fields into town to run an errand. ‘I’m going to have to change the way I think about my surroundings.’ He thought, munching on his scone.

His eyebrows shot up in momentary shock as he remembered something. “Oh, yeah. Here.” He said, reaching into his jacket for a pen and grabbing a napkin off the table. “Here’s my new address and phone number.” He wrote them all down, pausing only for a second to remember the last few digits before handing her the napkin. She had been kind enough to give him her information the day before, but he hadn’t had any to give her back at the time.

A small cog snapped into place in the back of Kiyoshi’s mind. ‘Did you just give a girl your phone number, and didn’t she give you hers? Nope. Not thinking about that right now.’ He thought, mentally (but not physically) shaking the implication from his head and trying to hide the fact that the idea even crossed his mind by drinking some more coffee.

“So, uh, what are you up to, today?”

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi was caught off guard by Kiyoshi asking her to call him just by his first name. As he said that he seemed, based on his actions, seemed a little nervous about asking it. Maybe he had put a lot of thought into it, though they really knew very little about each other. It did seem weird to come off as so casual, but honestly Airi preferred it that way. He face at first looked concerned but then a very soft smile slowly formed. Then as it grew she thought about how nice it would be to be considered close to one of her Kouhai. As the sisterly feeling to her over a real uncontrolled smile came over her face. She nodded and said, “Of course I can do that Kiyoshi. Only so long as no matter what you always call me Airi.” She played with top of her drink and then giggled happily before taking another sip of her tea. Her entire mood seemed to be radiating positive feelings from this.

‘He knows about special occasions so, this’ll be fine!’ Airi could feel herself getting excited. Of course he also saw her as being too formal but whatever made him comfortable! Airi was at the peak of optimism!

Kiyoshi began to tell her that everything for the most part seemed to have been settled. ‘He seems so much more secure and well put together than I was. I am certain he will do just fine.’ Airi relaxed as she people watched, mostly staying curled up but her eyes were constantly moving picking up tons of little details. ‘Someone getting flowers, kid with a stick, peddler selling less than reputable goods.’ Needless to say this was more training that had been pushed into her that it became a habit. She didn't even realise she was categorizing threats until Kiyoshi spoke again, her eyes moving back to his.

Airi was surprised the people he stayed with had not provided him some of those items. As she placed a thumb under her chin she glanced over and decided she would offer it. “I have spares that you could have if you wanted. I can safely promise they have never been used.” Well...the bed linens once but they were washed and packed a long time ago. I know he might be self conscious about color or anything and so she would continue. Holding her finger up, “They are gender neutral colors so no need to feel like I am giving you girly stuff.”

She expected him to decline but Airi had to make an effort. After all he accepted her generosity last time maybe she would be able to go two for two!

Kiyoshi suddenly pulled out his number and address. Airi reached out and happily took the paper pushing it into her top. She wanted to make sure not to lose it and this was going to be the safest spot during training. Once that was safely put away she looked back over to Kiyoshi, “Oh me nothing too special. I am currently preparing for my rank up exams.”

Airi certainly did not look like it but she tapped on the top of her cup and rest the bagel down and started to twist on of her bangs. “I need to make sure I am ready. I want to prove a deserve the rank bestowed to me and to be fair…” Airi sighed while she opened her hand and closed her fist. “It’s not strength that is bothering me…” She felt strong, especially since learning her heritage. The problem was mental, was she spiritually strong enough.

She glanced over to Kiyoshi and said, “I struggled a ton in the academy...I struggled a lot as a Genin. I need to not struggle as a Chuunin. The village needs strong pieces right now…” Kiyoshi would be unaware of the massive vanishing of a lot of Clouds strong and influential members. Airi suddenly felt a very strong need to fill the shoes of those she had never trained under. How could a small village girl ever be like Ayumu or the Sennin. The truth was she couldn’t...but she must.

“So I figure I’ll solidify my bases and then solidify mid-level techniques. With a solid core I should have the confidence to handle anything they might throw at me.” ‘Besides I still have you right Yoko?’

‘...’

Needless to say...this caused her more hardships than anything else. The pressure she put on herself was falling on her like a waterfall. As she leaned back she looked into the sun and lifted up her bagel to just drop it on her face. She made an effort to nibble at it while balancing it.

Venting in the weirdest way possible.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Waddling around, the Youkai sniffed the air like a wild dog trying to pinpoint where exactly Airi was with a letter from its master in its hands. Accompanying the little goblin like creature with a single enormous eye was a Rokurokubi who stretch her already long neck to overlook the buildings to see if she could see Airi since spotting her wouldn't be that hard. The Rokurokubi saw a man on the roof trying to fix leaks, then she slowly stretched her neck over to the roofer then screamed scaring the daylights out of the guy! The small goblin child tugged on the Rokurokubi's kimono then pointed out Airi who was talking to some human guy then strolled out of the dark alley to waddled over to where Airi was standing. The Rokurokubi following in behind her one eyed goblin friend, the goblin child spread it's arms then lunged at Airi yelling. URAMISHI!!!! to get her attention. The two demons looked at the human, then at Airi then the small goblin handed Airi a single message from Maru to her and this was what it said then waited for Airi just in case she wanted to send a message back to their commander;

y2E2NlI.jpg

[Messaged Sent Via Yikes (The Goblin) and Whoa (The Rokurokubi) NPCs!]

Takahashi Kiyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Of course I can do that, Kiyoshi. Only so long as no matter what you always call me Airi.” Kiyoshi breathed a sigh of relief at that. He had worried that he might have offended her at first, but her look of concern turned quickly into a smile and dispelled that notion. Then again, she always seemed to be quite giggly and happy. Kiyoshi hoped she would have told him if she were offended by something he did or said.

“I have spares that you could have if you wanted. I can safely promise they have never been used. They are gender neutral colors so no need to feel like I am giving you girly stuff.” Kiyoshi was surprised by her offer, and gave an apologetic wave as he turned her down.

“Oh! Uh, thank you kindly, Miss – Airi.” He caught himself, grinning awkwardly. “But no, thank you. You’ve already been so helpful; I’d hate to impose. Besides, I can definitely afford my own stuff. You should save it for someone who really needs it.” He wasn’t really worried about her things being too girly, but he did wonder whether she was this kind to all of the newcomers.

Airi took his number and tucked it into her top as she responded to his inquiry. It was a common place for girls to store things (even in his small village), but the action still caused his heart to involuntarily skip a beat. “Oh me nothing too special. I am currently preparing for my rank up exams.” She said, twisting her bangs and tapping on her cup. “I need to make sure I am ready. I want to prove I deserve the rank bestowed to me and to be fair…” She sighed. Kiyoshi wasn’t the best when it came social situations, but he easily recognized Airi’s fidgeting and body language as anxious.

“It’s not strength that is bothering me…” She said, looking to him. “I struggled a ton in the academy...I struggled a lot as a Genin. I need to not struggle as a Chuunin. The village needs strong pieces right now…” She paused, her eyes betraying that her mind was elsewhere. Was the village in some sort of trouble? “So I figure I’ll solidify my bases and then solidify mid-level techniques. With a solid core I should have the confidence to handle anything they might throw at me.” The weight on her shoulders must have been heavy, because she promptly dropped her bagel onto her upturned face and began nibbling at it.

Ignoring her strange coping mechanism (it wasn’t polite to stare when someone was having a mental breakdown) Kiyoshi paused, his face taking on a serious expression as his brows furrowed in thought. “Forgive my ignorance, I’ve only got a passing understanding of the shinobi ranks. If I recall correctly, Chuunin are responsible for leading and training Genin and students, as well as running more dangerous and delicate missions, correct?” He asked. His countenance was quite serious now, as he remembered something his father had told him about leadership. His gaze turned upon the statue in the middle of the Plaza. “Being a good leader isn’t just about getting the job done. A leader’s first priority is taking care of their people, no matter what the cost.” He looked back to Airi, his eyes sincere. “Now, I don’t know much about power levels, and techniques and all that; but in the last 24 hours, you have done everything you could to take some poor village conscript you’ve never met before under your wing, show him the ropes, and make sure his needs are met. If that’s any indication of the kind of leader you are, and will become, I don’t think you have anything to be worried about.”

“URAMISHI!!!!”

‘What the ever-living fuck are those?!?!?!?!’ Kiyoshi’s jaw dropped and eyes went wide at the sight of what he could only describe as some kind of cycloptic goblin child and a snake-woman-hybrid-thing. It took him a second to regain his composure as the – what do you even call a one-eyed goblin child? – gave Airi a missive and seemed to await further instructions. He silently berated himself for his reaction as he closed his jaw and pursed his lips, his eyes nervously darting between Airi and the two monsters. Staring was rude, but seriously

[MFT: 725wc]

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi took the rejection with a healthy understanding. Kyoshi wanted help but not charity. She figured that made sense considering he of course had his own pride to think about. She needed to not be so offering...maybe she was overly babying people considering what she went through. ‘This whole being the older shinobi thing is hard, I really only feel like I myself just came of age...I wonder…’ Airi thought about all the people who inspired her and how they must have felt the same way she was feeling now. Unsure if their advice or experience even matters. ‘I need to be a role model right?’ Airi mentally nodded to herself knowing full well that this was what people would need now.

Airi paused slightly and then lifted the bagel off her face. Oh yea, she definitely was not a proper Yamamoto. Like father like daughter? He mentioned he only had a cursory knowledge on shinobi ranks so Kyoshi gave his impression. Airi smiled and clapped her hands once. “Yes exactly. Something to keep in mind is Shinobi ranks have very little to do with just raw power. It’s a showing of your discipline and ability to lead. It’s why sometimes you’ll find really strong academy students or Genin. What do we trust you doing is more so how you need to look at it. That and their accomplishments. Student, Gennin, Chuunin, Jounin, Sennin, and Kage. Those are the shinobi ranks.”

Airi had explained things to pass up on her embarrassment of his comment. Quickly moving forward was an excellent way to pass embarrassment.

“Thank you for the confidence though...it’s nice to hear.”

It didn’t mean she was rude.

The sudden noise of one of her father’s messengers came into focus. As she looked at the nosie she saw Yikes and...another demon she did not recognize. Once it held out the letter though, and the fact they were out in the middle of the day informed her there was no danger. As Airi read the missive she smiled slightly and nodded.

“My father certainly needs to work on his formal document writing but this is fine.” Airi rolled up the missive and put it down on the table she bowed to Yikes and said, “Please inform out father that I will join him in the forest on the night of the waxing crescent moon. Also I’ll be sure to bring gifts for you guys so let gezz know I’ll bring a cake.”

Knowing that neither of them were combat oriented Youkai Airi stood firm a moment and said, “Dismissed do not cause mischief on the way out.” With that the two demon should make their way out of the area.

Once they left Airi brushed a hand through her hair and sat back down. She glanced at the letter and felt herself grow a little worried. ‘Yoko…?’ Still nothing from the Kitsune.

Youkai had become pretty normal to her she noticed Kyoshi was pulled together but he must have felt really uncomfortable, what with the aura of fear they emit and everything. “Sorry Kyoshi, I know my father’s demons are a bit weird but I promise they are nice Youkai. My father actually is a full blown demon. Which was weird to find out when I came here.” The story went like this, girl from the country living the normal life found out she was part Youkai and was now dealing with all this weirdness. Good summary.

“We are both Kitsune...or well foxes. I'm mostly human though! Though my father is constantly a Youkai I can change into my Youkai form…” Airi was a fox girl and she accepted it for the most part, it was just because she was worried about how Kyoshi would feel. It explained why when they first met she corrected herself on using her name Yamamoto and not Irie.

So the real question was...how does Kyoshi feel about fox girls?

[MFT]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

The one eyed goblin waited for instructions, the long neck teen looked at a beetle that was flying near her face and using her tongue to catch the insect before retracting her tongue into her mouth. Lowering her neck to human eye leveling, the Rokurokubi crunched on the bug in her mouth then swallowed the bug then snapped her head to look Kiyoshi in the eyes.. her head tilted to the side then she gave him a sweet cheesy smile. The one eyed goblin nodded to Airi, though he couldn't exactly communicate with words hand signs was something that Maru understood perfectly it thought so with its business done the goblin child turned to its long neck partner, giving her a poke to the side to get her attention. The Rokurokubi didn't take kindly to it being poked when it was trying to communicate with the human through eye contact, the snake neck lady snapped her head to the small goblin then gave it a disapproving hiss then snapped her head to the human going back to being sweet giving Kiyoshi a few blinks.

Starting to get angry, the goblin shouted with disapproval in snorts and barks. The snake neck lady responded with hisses and squeals, going back and forth with making weird demonic sounds until eventually the goblin clamly snorted something in its weird youkai language which made the Rokurokubi eyes widen then began to plea. Airi would probably guessed he threaten to tell Maru something since he was famous for yelling at his youkai when he's displeased, so the Rokurokubi went with the goblin child waving bye to Airi and Kiyoshi. They were about to leave when Airi called out to them again, telling them not to get into anything on the way back and they both made youkai noises to assure her that they won't before they went off to deliver their message to their commander….

[Message Received, Yikes And Whoa left topic!]

Takahashi Kiyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘This is normal…’ Kiyoshi told himself as Airi stood and addressed the two creatures. ‘Monsters walking around in the middle of the day, delivering messages, getting promised cake… this is completely normal.’ His sarcastic thoughts were probably pretty evident on his face but, at this point, there wasn’t a whole heck of a lot he could do to hide them. ‘I guess I should be more open minded. After all, I’m here to learn to do things like shoot fireballs out of my mouth and walk on water. This shouldn’t actually be that big of a deal.’ The snake-necked girl snatched a bug out of the air with her tongue, then snapped her head around to stare directly into his eyes before giving a wide, creepy smile.

‘Yeah, nope… big ol’ fucking nope.’

The one-eyed goblin tried to get the serpent’s attention, which the girl did not take kindly to; hissing and snapping at the child-thing before whipping back around to continue her eerie gaze, blinking multiple times as if trying to convey something. Then the two began arguing through unintelligible animal noises before the little goblin thing seemed to have gained the upper hand with a threat of some kind. With that, the two followed Airi’s instructions and left.

“Sorry Kyoshi, I know my father’s demons are a bit weird but I promise they are nice Youkai. My father actually is a full blown demon. Which was weird to find out when I came here. We are both Kitsune...or well foxes. I'm mostly human though! Though my father is constantly a Youkai I can change into my Youkai form…” Kiyoshi sat in stunned silence for a bit, trying to process the information, but coming up short.

“O-okay… questions.” Kiyoshi said haltingly, his brow furrowed. “So, those were demons…? Demons… are real?” Until now, Kiyoshi had only known demons to be fictional, made up beings used to scare children into behaving and not going to dangerous places. The fact that they were real was mind-boggling. “Not only are they demons,” he continued “but they’re your father’s demons…? Your father is a demon… a fox demon… and you’re a half-demon that can transform into a fox? Did I get all of that?” After a moment of confused silence, Kiyoshi seemed to finally process all of the information and relaxed.

“That’s… pretty cool, actually.” Once he accepted the fact that the world is a lot stranger than he knew it to be in his little farm town, it wasn’t too difficult to wrap his mind around. He still wasn’t sure he was a hundred percent okay with it though. He knew there was folklore of nice demons, but most of the time they were evil, malign creatures hellbent or death and destruction; or mischievous tricksters, at best. Airi had only ever been kind to him, though, so he wasn’t about to judge her based on this new information. He had reservations about her father, though. A full-fledged demon running amok in the world of the living, procreating and sending his underlings to do his bidding didn’t sound like a good thing.

Yamamoto Airi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyoshi handled it much better than Airi would have expected. When she first started speaking to him he seemed...bothered. Well considering the way the neck demon looked at him and how the two were fighting in broad daylight...well this was normal for her and Maru. before her life here she never even thought about Youkai as nothing more than myths and legends. Turns out she sort of was one after all. It was weird how to world was working around her, changing into some weird drama or something and she was the main character of it all. Her whole life she felt like a supporting cast member and now...well now she was special.

Accepting this was the hardest part.

Kiyoshi decided he had some questions. Airi returned to her seat and sipped on her half finished lukewarm tea. She sat a little more seriously, not totally out of relaxed but she wanted to make sure she was at full attention for what Kiyoshi was going to ask. ‘Hopefully I have the answers he desires.’ Airi did not know as much as she needed about Youkai or really about her current situation.

The first thing he asked was were those demons, to which are could only give a bit of a nervous but serious smile. “Yes those were in fact demons. Summons that my father has dominion over.” She figured a lot of details about her father should be kept on a...I’ll tell you when your more prepared sort of note but Kiyoshi was certainly not finished. Questions meant more than one after all.

Airi could not help but nod again. Acceptance was the first step towards bettering myself. My strength has improved quite a bit since finding out who Airi really was...I need to embrace it socially as well.

“Well...not exactly on the transformation part. I can turn into a half human half fox. So I get ears, fangs, tails, and claws and such. I also get the improved senses and things. Though...well I guess maybe I could just show you which might be easier...i suppose.” Airi blushed just a little bit but then focused. Tapping into her chakra she took in a deep breath a slightly chakra light waved off her and as the chakra solidified Airi would suddenly become that her of her true self.
GyTWT8a.jpg

Feeling the slight drain of her chakra she focused for just a bit more...Yoko was better than this than Airi but maybe if she tried hard enough…Airi could feel the slight pop as two of her gates opened and as such felt a small amount of pride. Airi stood up and bowed to Kiyoshi. “This is my Yoko-Airi form!” She smiled and bowed. The main thing to notice was that her ears were very much real...but also Kiyoshi would notice that Airi had three tails swishing in back and forth in unison. While her face seemed calm her tails gave away that she was excited or nervous.

“I’m currently only able to tap into three tails without hurting myself, but my father is a Nine-tailed fox.” Tails might actually be seen as a demonstration of power. While this was not one-hundred percent accurate in all cases it was a good measure to go on. Yoko had informed her that nine-tails was within their grasp but it would have dire consequences on her human body. She was only supposed to enter into that state if in a real life and death struggle.

Airi had missed his pretty cool comment since she had been focusing on transforming. Rude of her really to get so caught up into herself but that was what happened. “I really only found out about this a few months ago. If your family lacks chakra sensitivity like mine did you might want to get a blood test to make sure your not anything else. A hidden bloodline or something like me. Just a suggestion.”

As such Airi combed her tail over and then sat down again, sipping more of her tea. “Learning how to use this form has really helped solidify my fighting strategy. I am a primary Genjutsu, secondary Taijutsu user. I know some Ninjutsu but it’s not my strong point. Have you thought about where you might be directing yourself, or are you planning to just go through the basics and see what works out?”

Airi was curious but it was still far too early for him to really know. He hadn’t even had a formal class yet had he?

“Not that I mean to rush you at all!” She certainly didn't mean to intrude but making conversation after all this demon stuff...well unless he found it really interesting...she wanted to keep it going both ways. It would be pretty rude otherwise. As her right ear moved downward as she looked at him questioningly she wondered what sort of sight she made.

[MFT 810]

Takahashi Kiyoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Airi patiently answered his questions as Kiyoshi struggled to wrap his mind around the fact that demons existed and he was, in fact, sitting next to a half-demon. His mind was racing as she talked. If demons existed, could other supernatural beings exist, too? Were ghosts and ghouls haunting buildings long abandoned for the tragedies that had occurred there? Did vampires stalk the alleys of large cities thirsting for the blood of young virgins? Was it possible that the howls one heard from the Ancient Forest at night were actually the hunting cries of werewolves? Kiyoshi’s mind continued to spiral down into a sea of circuitous questions. For the second time in as many days, his world was crashing down around his ears. Not only was he torn from the only family he’d ever known and loved and forced into a life of military servitude, now he was being informed that all of the nightmarish things he’d always thought were simply fictional stories told for macabre entertainment were very real.

“Though...well I guess maybe I could just show you, which might be easier... I suppose.” Airi said with a blush, her voice drawing him back from his downward spiral. Taking a deep breath, she seemed to emanate waves of light. After a moment, the light took physical form, and there sat Airi in all her foxy glory. “This is my Yoko-Airi form!” She said with a smile and a bow. Kiyoshi found himself staring in dumbstruck awe again, as he had when the other two demons had shown up. As he took in her form from the tips of her ears to her three, very fluffy tails, only one word found its way into his overwhelmed mind: ‘Cute!’.

“I’m currently only able to tap into three tails without hurting myself, but my father is a Nine-tailed fox. I really only found out about this a few months ago. If your family lacks chakra sensitivity like mine did, you might want to get a blood test to make sure you’re not anything else. A hidden bloodline or something like me. Just a suggestion.”

The entire time she was talking, Kiyoshi was struggling between the deeply engrained belief that all demons were evil and should never be trusted and actively resisting the desire to fluff all three of Airi’s tails all at the same time. ‘Dude! She’s a person, not a Collie.’ He chastised himself, shaking the flabbergasted look he’d had since she’d transformed from his face.

“Oh… uh,” He tried reentering the conversation. “They took a blood sample when I in-processed yesterday. So, they’ll probably run those tests, I guess.” He paused, his brows furrowed in thought. “Although, I don’t think they’ll find anything. My family has been bound to our lord’s land for the last thousand or so years; and no one in our entire village has tested positive for chakra sensitivity in well over a hundred. I’m probably just a fluke.” He said, turning back to his coffee only to find the mug empty.

“Learning how to use this form has really helped solidify my fighting strategy. I am a primary Genjutsu, secondary Taijutsu user. I know some Ninjutsu but it’s not my strong point. Have you thought about where you might be directing yourself, or are you planning to just go through the basics and see what works out?” Airi asked before exclaiming."Not that I mean to rush you at all!”

“Yeah, I…” He trailed off as she cocked her right ear downward and stared questioningly at him with those big, lavender eyes. He could almost hear the ‘Aroo?’, and the effect was devastatingly adorable. This time, it was his turn to blush before coughing into his clenched fist and looking away.

“I – *cough* – I guess I’ll just figure it out as I go. There’s got to be something I’m good at. I was always a decent shot with my BB gun back home; so, maybe that’ll pan out into something useful.” At this point, he was just making conversation for the sake of conversation. He had a whole heck of a lot more information to process now than he previously thought. Between the whole “demon are real” thing, and “picking and choosing a fighting style” thing, and “Airi’s cuteness and the complex series of emotions and thoughts surrounding it” thing, Kiyoshi was more than a little overwhelmed.

“I hope I’m not keeping you from your training, or anything? You must be pretty busy, what with the exams coming up.” Kiyoshi said, suddenly remembering why they were here in the first place. Airi had simply stopped by for something to eat on the way to train, and he still had a lot of shopping to do. He was searching for a way to disengage without seeming rude. He genuinely liked Airi, and didn’t want to hurt her feelings. She was the only person he knew here, and she was always so gentle and kind.

Then, a thought popped into his head. It was a stupid thought; a foolish thought. A thought he wouldn’t – shouldn’t think in a hundred years. He was a boy, though; and boy’s oftentimes take stupid thoughts and run with them, usually to their own detriment. So, with his stomach doing somersaults in his gut, he asked:

“Maybe, when you’re not so busy and I’m a little more settled in, we could go to dinner?” He paused. “I mean, I’ve still got a lot to figure out, and I’d definitely be happy for the advice.” And there it was: Schrodinger’s Flirt. Whereby he was both definitely asking her out, or totally not, based solely on whether or not she was into him. That way, he could play it off as a simple request for friendly mentorship if she said “no”; and if she said “yes”… Well, that depends entirely on how this plays out.

[MFT: 979wc]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back