Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Scalebinder

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Scalebinder
J60B5cs.jpg

The name Scalebinder refers to one who is trained in a specific revered martial art: Dragons Legacy, whispered of in hushed tones in the darkest corners of the world's most ancient libraries. Practitioners of this mystic discipline tap into the primordial essence of dragons, shaping their very being in the image of these mighty creatures. Their bodies grow resilient and strong, encased in armor-like scales, while their eyes gleam with a fearsome intensity that can quell even the fiercest of foes. Each movement becomes imbued with the devastating power of dragons, as they strike with the ferocity of a dragon's claw, and bring forth cataclysmic torrents of elemental fury to their fists. Though mastery of the Dragons Legacy requires years of dedicated study, those who walk this arduous path find themselves elevated, standing as a living testament to the primal might of dragonkind.

Draconic Spirit - Passive (3 points)
The Scalebinder forms a deep bond with the spirit of a dragon, allowing them to channel its ancient power and harness the essence of its might. This spiritual connection empowers the Scalebinder's abilities, enhancing their innate talents and granting them access to the fearsome strength of the dragon's domain.
Effect: The user gains a Spirit Familiar.
  • The Spirit Familiar is not a valid target and has no stats.
  • The Spirit Familiar may possess the user at 0AP timing, granting them +5% DR, as well as +5% damage.
  • The Spirit Familiar possession may only be maintained by the user for 20 seconds.
  • While possessed the user is considered Spiritual, but may end the possession earlier to boost their next damaging technique by +15%, as well as reducing damage taken from the next technique that would hit the user by 15%.
Notes:
  • The Spirit Familiar possession has a 10 second cooldown after use.
  • Outside of combat, the user may interact with their spirit at will, and can see ghostly beast entities due to the draconic power.
  • Others cannot see the spirit unless they're Scalebinders, or the spirit allows it.

Draconic Vision - Passive (1 point)
Restriction - May be purchased twice
To obtain the vision of a dragon, the monk must begin a perilous journey that takes them through the vast and dangerous territories of where dragons once roamed. Forced to live in these environments until they're "eyes adjust", a Scalebender returns from their journey with seemingly no change beyond a strange golden glow to their eyes that is a sign of enlightenment.
Effect: The user gains +1 Accuracy

Wyrmstrike - Passive (1 points)
Restriction - May be purchased three times
Wyrmstrike is less of a martial art and more of a way of life. Though the training to master the art is very similar to combat training, via the method of striking the elements with one's fist until they shy from the monk's touch, it becomes more of a way of life in the end. Once they've tamed the elements with their fist, Scalebinders find themselves wielding the very same raw strength that dragons once did.
Effect: The user gains +5% Taijutsu damage

Scaleward - Passive (1 points)
Restriction - May be purchased three times
Perhaps the hardest part of Scalebinder training that ends the path of many practitioners is the forming of their own dragon scales. Through a method of meditation the monks force their chakra out onto the skin and then bathe in various elements until the the body begins incorporating the thin layers of chakra on their body into actual flesh. The transformation of such through forging it with various elements, ending with a dip in a pool of lava, forms real dragon scales.
Effect: +5% Damage Reduction (DR)

Wyrmstep - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction - Requires Combo Master
During combat, Scalebinders sometimes lean into the dragon spirits they channel into their bodies until they nearly become the great wyrms they're trying to mimic with their martial arts. For most practitioners of this art, this technique is considered by many as "being in the zone". For true masters of the art, however, it becomes a skill they can use at whim; turning their furious attacks into blurred movements of speed.
Effect: Any techniques comboed by the user gain +15% Primary and Secondary effect chance

Draconic Ferocity - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction - Requires Combat Instinct
For most beasts of nature, blood is used as a method to track and know where a prey's weakness lies. This technique is no different for dragons whom, with their superior senses, can track prey from miles around. While the Scalebinder's senses will never quite match up, they can channel that power. By scent alone do they strike, and always through this method do they find their opponent's growing weak spots.
Effect: The HP threshold is raised to 75% Max HP. When below the threshold, the user gains +5% damage.

Scaleclaw - Physical Style (2 points)
Scalebinders' techniques mostly come from living their life as a dragon would, until they begin to channel the very essence of what it means to be a dragon. Unsatisfied with only channeling a dragon's strength, the monks derived a style of martial arts that also mimicked the way in which legends said dragons destroyed their enemy. Particularly focused on the strength of their claw, this well named technique involves heavy strikes and kicks that feel as if a dragon was rending their foes apart.
Effect: While this style is active, any offensive taijutsu technique that fully hits causes the target's techniques to cost +5% CP for 10 seconds. This can stack up to 3 times. In addition to this, the user gains +1 Critical Chance to any taijutsu technique used while in the style.
Notes:
- Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.
- The effect can never last more than 10 seconds. Eg. Refreshing the effect after 5 seconds, will only add 5 seconds to the duration.

Argetlam - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Secret among even the monks who train in these arts is the ability to tap further into the spiritual realm in order to draw a dragon's very weapons from the spirits of these fabled beasts. Seemingly tearing through the practitioner's flesh when used, these silver claws spring forth from the back of the hand to give them the true might of a dragon's claw.
Effect: The user creates a weapon, and equips it. This weapon automatically has the Primal augment for free, and it does not take up a slot. The weapon counts as Spiritual, and techniques used with the weapon are also considered Spiritual.
Note: This is a Weapon Creation Technique.

Draconic Dive - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Those who fight against a Scalebinder fight two fronts. The first against the monk themselves, and the second against the spirit they host. While some of these practitioners are never able to summon in full form these dragon spirits, the great wyrms do live on inside of them. So even if an opponent finds an opening within the monk's defense, it will always still be guarded by a dragon waiting to snap it's jaws.
Effect: When the user is hit by an offensive technique, they may reflexively use a B-Rank or lower Taijutsu technique at the cost of +10% CP, targeting the attacker.
Special Action: By paying +50% CP the user can combo into a B-Rank or lower Taijutsu technique.

Draconic Infusion - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Dragons of 'eld are most well known for their breath attacks. Large swaths of cataclysmic energy turned to one of the five elements. A single breath from these mighty beasts could change the very landscape of their world. While Scalebinders don't have such strengths themselves they do learn the ancient words from the spiritual realm that calls to the very elements themselves to add to their furious strikes.
Effect: When using a offensive Taijutsu technique, the user can spend +25% CP to apply any one element to their technique.

Scalewind - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Through years of meditation and training, some of the monks begin to fuse with the dragon spirits they draw their powers from. These martial artists learn to combine the method of preparing for a strike, and committing to that strike, into the same movement by having their dragon counterparts do half of the work. Sometimes it is the monk's fist that strikes; others it is the dragon's ghostly jaws that bite down.
Effect: When using a Buffing Taijutsu Technique, the user can spend +50% CP to combo into a B-Rank or lower Taijutsu Technique.
Special Action: By paying +100% CP for the Buffing Taijutsu Technique, the user can combo into an A-Rank Taijutsu Technique.

Dragons Legacy - Variable Taijutsu (1 point, 1 point to rank up)
Restriction - A-Rank and up
A technique that was said to have been used once to fell a dragon that threatened the world, it has since been sealed away in an old scroll and locked away from prying eyes. Written in a language known only to the original auteur, it is said that only a Scalebinder who has inherited their spirit's knowledge are able to preform the feat again. By drawing on the dragon's soul until it envolpes the monk's entire body, they then preform seven strikes that cannot be seen by the human eye, and then a final strike with their back that when it connects, blows apart whatever comes in contact.
Rank 1/2: Strikes the target 8 times, dealing 415/550 Physical Damage at +0. On a full hit, there's a 5/10% chance to increase the Target's Bleed Rank by 1.
Cost: 1650/2000 CP, 2.75 AP
Note:
- This technique may check for increasing a bleed rank twice. Once as per normal, and once upon a full hit.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[QUOTE]
Scalebinder
[IMG width="117px" height="106.167px"]https://i.imgur.com/J60B5cs.jpg[/IMG]
The name Scalebinder refers to one who is trained in a specific revered martial art: Dragons Legacy, whispered of in hushed tones in the darkest corners of the world's most ancient libraries. Practitioners of this mystic discipline tap into the primordial essence of dragons, shaping their very being in the image of these mighty creatures. Their bodies grow resilient and strong, encased in armor-like scales, while their eyes gleam with a fearsome intensity that can quell even the fiercest of foes. Each movement becomes imbued with the devastating power of dragons, as they strike with the ferocity of a dragon's claw, and bring forth cataclysmic torrents of elemental fury to their fists. Though mastery of the Dragons Legacy requires years of dedicated study, those who walk this arduous path find themselves elevated, standing as a living testament to the primal might of dragonkind.

[B][U]Draconic Spirit[/U][/B] - Passive (3 points)
The Scalebinder forms a deep bond with the spirit of a dragon, allowing them to channel its ancient power and harness the essence of its might. This spiritual connection empowers the Scalebinder's abilities, enhancing their innate talents and granting them access to the fearsome strength of the dragon's domain.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user gains a [I]Spirit Familiar[/I].
[LIST]
[*]The [I]Spirit Familiar[/I] is not a valid target and has no stats.
[*]The [I]Spirit Familiar[/I] may possess the user at 0AP timing, granting them +5% DR, as well as +5% damage.
[*]The [I]Spirit Familiar[/I] possession may only be maintained by the user for 20 seconds.
[*]While possessed the user is considered [I]Spiritual[/I], but may end the possession earlier to boost their next damaging technique by +15%, as well as reducing damage taken from the next technique that would hit the user by 15%.
[/LIST]
[B]Notes:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]The [I]Spirit Familiar[/I] possession has a 10 second cooldown after use.
[*]Outside of combat, the user may interact with their spirit at will, and can see ghostly beast entities due to the draconic power.
[*]Others cannot see the spirit unless they're Scalebinders, or the spirit allows it.
[/LIST]

[B][U]Draconic Vision[/U][/B] - Passive (1 point)
[I]Restriction[/I] - May be purchased twice
To obtain the vision of a dragon, the monk must begin a perilous journey that takes them through the vast and dangerous territories of where dragons once roamed. Forced to live in these environments until they're "eyes adjust", a Scalebender returns from their journey with seemingly no change beyond a strange golden glow to their eyes that is a sign of enlightenment.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user gains +1 Accuracy

[B][U]Wyrmstrike[/U][/B] - Passive (1 points)
[I]Restriction[/I] - May be purchased three times
Wyrmstrike is less of a martial art and more of a way of life. Though the training to master the art is very similar to combat training, via the method of striking the elements with one's fist until they shy from the monk's touch, it becomes more of a way of life in the end. Once they've tamed the elements with their fist, Scalebinders find themselves wielding the very same raw strength that dragons once did.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user gains +5% Taijutsu damage

[B][U]Scaleward[/U][/B] - Passive (1 points)
[I]Restriction[/I] - May be purchased three times
Perhaps the hardest part of Scalebinder training that ends the path of many practitioners is the forming of their own dragon scales. Through a method of meditation the monks force their chakra out onto the skin and then bathe in various elements until the the body begins incorporating the thin layers of chakra on their body into actual flesh. The transformation of such through forging it with various elements, ending with a dip in a pool of lava, forms real dragon scales.
[B]Effect:[/B] +5% Damage Reduction (DR)

[B][U]Wyrmstep[/U][/B] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[I]Restriction[/I] - Requires Combo Master
During combat, Scalebinders sometimes lean into the dragon spirits they channel into their bodies until they nearly become the great wyrms they're trying to mimic with their martial arts. For most practitioners of this art, this technique is considered by many as "being in the zone". For true masters of the art, however, it becomes a skill they can use at whim; turning their furious attacks into blurred movements of speed.
[B]Effect:[/B] Any techniques comboed by the user gain +15% Primary and Secondary effect chance

[B][U]Draconic Ferocity[/U][/B] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[I]Restriction[/I] - Requires Combat Instinct
For most beasts of nature, blood is used as a method to track and know where a prey's weakness lies. This technique is no different for dragons whom, with their superior senses, can track prey from miles around. While the Scalebinder's senses will never quite match up, they can channel that power. By scent alone do they strike, and always through this method do they find their opponent's growing weak spots.
[B]Effect:[/B] The HP threshold is raised to 75% Max HP. When below the threshold, the user gains +5% damage.

[B][U]Scaleclaw[/U][/B] - Physical Style (2 points)
Scalebinders' techniques mostly come from living their life as a dragon would, until they begin to channel the very essence of what it means to be a dragon. Unsatisfied with only channeling a dragon's strength, the monks derived a style of martial arts that also mimicked the way in which legends said dragons destroyed their enemy. Particularly focused on the strength of their claw, this well named technique involves heavy strikes and kicks that feel as if a dragon was rending their foes apart.
[B]Effect:[/B] While this style is active, any offensive taijutsu technique that fully hits causes the target's techniques to cost +5% CP for 10 seconds. This can stack up to 3 times. In addition to this, the user gains +1 Critical Chance to any taijutsu technique used while in the style.
[B]Notes:[/B]
[I]- Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.[/I]
- The effect can never last more than 10 seconds. Eg. Refreshing the effect after 5 seconds, will only add 5 seconds to the duration.

[B][U]Argetlam[/U][/B] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Secret among even the monks who train in these arts is the ability to tap further into the spiritual realm in order to draw a dragon's very weapons from the spirits of these fabled beasts. Seemingly tearing through the practitioner's flesh when used, these silver claws spring forth from the back of the hand to give them the true might of a dragon's claw.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user creates a weapon, and equips it. This weapon automatically has the Primal augment for free, and it does not take up a slot. The weapon counts as Spiritual, and techniques used with the weapon are also considered Spiritual.
[B]Note:[/B] [I]This is a Weapon Creation Technique.[/I]

[B][U]Draconic Dive[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Those who fight against a Scalebinder fight two fronts. The first against the monk themselves, and the second against the spirit they host. While some of these practitioners are never able to summon in full form these dragon spirits, the great wyrms do live on inside of them. So even if an opponent finds an opening within the monk's defense, it will always still be guarded by a dragon waiting to snap it's jaws.
[B]Effect:[/B] When the user is hit by an offensive technique, they may reflexively use a B-Rank or lower Taijutsu technique at the cost of +10% CP, targeting the attacker.
[I]Special Action:[/I] By paying +50% CP the user can combo into a B-Rank or lower Taijutsu technique.

[B][U]Draconic Infusion[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Dragons of 'eld are most well known for their breath attacks. Large swaths of cataclysmic energy turned to one of the five elements. A single breath from these mighty beasts could change the very landscape of their world. While Scalebinders don't have such strengths themselves they do learn the ancient words from the spiritual realm that calls to the very elements themselves to add to their furious strikes.
[B]Effect:[/B] When using a offensive Taijutsu technique, the user can spend +25% CP to apply any one element to their technique.

[B][U]Scalewind[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Through years of meditation and training, some of the monks begin to fuse with the dragon spirits they draw their powers from. These martial artists learn to combine the method of preparing for a strike, and committing to that strike, into the same movement by having their dragon counterparts do half of the work. Sometimes it is the monk's fist that strikes; others it is the dragon's ghostly jaws that bite down.
[B]Effect:[/B] When using a Buffing Taijutsu Technique, the user can spend +50% CP to combo into a B-Rank or lower Taijutsu Technique.
[I]Special Action:[/I] By paying +100% CP for the Buffing Taijutsu Technique, the user can combo into an A-Rank Taijutsu Technique.

[B][U]Dragons Legacy[/U][/B] - Variable Taijutsu (1 point, 1 point to rank up)
[I]Restriction[/I] - A-Rank and up
A technique that was said to have been used once to fell a dragon that threatened the world, it has since been sealed away in an old scroll and locked away from prying eyes. Written in a language known only to the original auteur, it is said that only a Scalebinder who has inherited their spirit's knowledge are able to preform the feat again. By drawing on the dragon's soul until it envolpes the monk's entire body, they then preform seven strikes that cannot be seen by the human eye, and then a final strike with their back that when it connects, blows apart whatever comes in contact.
[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] Strikes the target 8 times, dealing 415/550 Physical Damage at +0. On a full hit, there's a 5/10% chance to increase the Target's Bleed Rank by 1.
[B]Cost:[/B] 1650/2000 CP, 2.75 AP
[I]Note:[/I]
- This technique may check for increasing a bleed rank twice. Once as per normal, and once upon a full hit.
[/QUOTE]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back