Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Second Opinions [Private]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first thing that Saki noted about this "other wing" of the hospital---Karubin's Wing--was that everything was bigger, in that there were fewer rooms. Well, at least in the section he was in. After all, this section of the hospital was specialized and dedicated to the severe things; the "research" part of the subtitle of this forum was a testament to the fact that the doctors didn't always know what they were dealing with here. Not that Saki could read the forum subtitle or anything.... just that... shh, don't tell admin we went meta.

Ahem.

The bottom line is that Saki was in this wing for a reason, so he had set a meeting up with someone he'd heard of before while in his line of work. Though he had not met the man before, Yakkai Sainou had peaked Saki's interest in the past. In his own studies of plants, their uses, poisons, and the like, there had been several times where Saki had come across Sainou's work and built off of it. It was impressive, to say the least. He was just as dedicated to the field as Saki. Knowing that there were others in his field, though few they may be, never failed to put a smile on his face. Had this been any other occasion, Saki might have asked to discuss the topic, such as what he was studying now, what his favorite thing to study was, and so on. However, this meeting would not be for that.

Two and a half weeks into Saki's month-long time to live, he finally decided that maybe, just maybe, there was something he could do to prevent his death. However, considering the fact that his condition was, as far as he knew, completely unknown, there was a lot of research and development that was going to have to happen beforehand.

It's entirely possible that he was too late.

So there Saki sat, having been guided into a room by a Hyuugan doctor who assured him that Sainou would be with him shortly. In a somber mood, he unwound the tie to his dark blue keikogi and let the upper half of it fall below his waist, so that his torso was completely exposed. Starting from the middle of his chest, a dark green discoloration crept along previously unseen chakra lines, extending halfway down his upper arm, wrapping around his back (where is was actually worse), and trailing down to the very bottom of his spine. In the center of it all, and rapidly spreading as time went by, his skin was scaly and rough. Saki knew exactly what was happening to him... he just had no idea how to go about stopping it.

Hopefully Sainou might have some insight.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sainou clicked down the hallway, his mind filled with questions. It was rare when someone requested him specifically. While he wasn't an inept doctor by any means, his specialties weren't the most useful to the majority of Kumogakure's population. The sudden call for him meant he didn't have time to look over any information that may have already been collected on a previous visit to the Aesculapium. The cross-dressing man placed his hand on the doorknob and entered the room. His eyes instantly honed in on the man's bare chest, and Sainou chuckled lightly. "Just couldn't wait to undress I see." Scanning Saki's body, the medic frowned. "Oh, it looks like I should be taking this more seriously." He approached the bed and gently ran his index finger along the oddly textured markings on Saki's torso. "This is certainly a first. Does it hurt? Please list off your symptoms for me Oshiro-san." Sainou held up his clipboard and produced a pen from his lab coat, ready to make notes as Saki spoke.

[Topic Entered with NPC]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The door opened and a blonde lady walked in, which confused Saki. Wasn't Sainou a guy? This person had pale skin and wore.... what appeared to be some form of dress. Maybe? There was a pink flair around a white top, and everything was very, very feminine. Her ears were adorned with two mirrored syringes, both with a pink fluid inside. Perhaps this person was just a nurse. Yea, that made a lot more sense, cause Saki was preeeetty sure that Sainou was a g--

Sainou spoke, and the extremely masculine voice was a stark contrast to his feminine appearance. Saki'd head shot backwards at the extreme difference, in a fit shock that he failed to mask. So he WAS a man, and he was definitely Sainou.

Interesting.

"It hurts about as much as breathing in too much cold air when you exercise. Well, if I'm going to state the obvious as well: a spreading dark green discoloration originating from the center of my lower back, a rough texture to the discolored skin. This is caused..." he paused briefly, almost ashamed to say it out loud, "...by the conversion of my body into the vascular tissue of an Oenothera biennis, the evening primrose. I assume the rough patches on my skin are what would be dermal tissue. Further symptoms include coughing up vascular tissue, along with blood; also, I've gained a new chakra nature that I can feel originates from my uninvited guest. I've been able to harness and use it as my own without any issues. That said, according to a deer, I've got about a week and a half before I completely convert."

Saki couldn't believe that he had to tell this to someone else, even if it was to save his life (in theory).

"About two and a half weeks ago, I was sent on a mission to identify and destroy a monstrous, carnivorous, mutated primrose that was killing shinobi. My partner and I deduced that the plant survived by eating the chakra of other creatures, which is why it targeted shinobi and humans in general. After killing it, a piece of it embedded itself in my back. I was told that it would slowly take over my body until I myself was completely converted into one. I'm fairly familiar with your research of flowers, and I thought you might be able to help in finding some kind of cure or reversal for my situation. So far, I haven't come up with a viable, safe solution... though, at this point, I think I'm willing to lean into some more unsafe potential treatments."

Saki sighed. Was he stretching too far? This person was, in hindsight, as qualified as he himself was, though he did have more of a medical background than Saki did. Saki had instead chosen to devote his time to teaching the youth, rather than joining the medical field. Perhaps that background difference could be the change of perspective that he needed.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sainou scribbled down the first two symptoms and nodded. The first was unsurprising, and the second was certainly obvious. However, as Saki continued, the blonde man lowered his clipboard and gawked at his patient. He had heard many stories in his time at the hospital, but this one was the most unique, mostly because few came to him when something so dire was occurring. Sainou smiled when his patient finished. "Well, it is good to hear the Oshiro knowledge has transferred nicely to the younger generation, and I am honored you turned to me with this dilemma." During his younger years, the doctor had used texts from Saki's very clan to further his expertise in herbology. More than any other patient, he wished to help this one overcome his misfortune.

Sainou fiddled with one of his earrings as he thought through his words. "This is a difficult situation indeed. To start, I will give you the possible paths you may take." The man shifted to get a look at Saki's back and carefully placed a hand on the scaly mass of green. "Through my supervision, we can attempt to surgically remove the creature. But...it will be difficult. Best case scenario, you will walk away but without use of chakra. You'll have to retire. Worst case...well I'm sure you've guessed already."

Sainou pulled his hand away. "Another option would be radiation therapy. However, we would have to ensure the person conducting it had a strong affinity towards fire so the treatment would be more potent, and have a higher chance for success." Sainou crossed his arms. "It is possible the creature would merely feed off from the chakra. I don't believe that would be the case, but it is something to consider."

Sainou took a spot in front of Saki again. "The only other option I can see for you would be the path of a Kinjutsu. With the right one, you may be able to overpower the monster, or at least stop its progress." The man played with his earring again. "That, however, is far out of my abilities to perform. My Lady Shinrya could help you with that." He gave Saki an apologetic smile. "That is all I can think of for now. With so little time left, it may be in your best interest to pick a path and follow it to the end, whatever the result. However, I can take a sample, and if you wish, we could spend a few days analyzing it here in the research wing." The blonde man's fidgeting ceased as the last of his thoughts floated out of his lips.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki felt an inward sense of content at the fact that the Oshiro clan was not completely forgotten. It was nice to be recognized every now and again. He gave a smile, though is was not the happiest of grins considering the situation, and nodded his head as Sainou stated he was honored. He thanked him in response.

Sainou seemed to be just as stumped as Saki was, however he did offer a series of possibilities that, indeed, the Oshiro had not considered. The first that the doctor listed involved extensive surgery; the proposed idea was, from what it sounded like, the removal of his chakra system to stop the plant from taking over. He gawked, as he didn't even know something that extensive was possible. However possible it may have been, though, did not mean it was an option in Saki's mind. Perhaps if worse came to worst, then he might have considered it, but for now he wished to stay within the realm of staying a shinobi. He shook his head in response to this idea.

Secondly, Sainou suggested radiation treatment, and Saki began to mull over the possibilities that could come from it. Sainou himself admitted that the parasite might just feed off of the treatment, which would make it stronger and leave Saki debilitated from the procedure. In a best-case scenario, Saki would be down for the count for a few weeks while he recovered from radiation exposure, but the plant would be stopped. However, in the worst case, the plant would overpower him even faster than before, and his week-and-a-half may very well be a day. This couldn't, in Saki's opinion, be the first option.

Lastly, Sainou stated what Saki had been thinking: a kinjutsu of some sort. Saki raised his head and made eye contact with him as he spoke. He returned a smile and nodded as Sainou explained that he himself couldn't perform such a task.

There was a decent pause between the time that Sainou stopped talking to when Saki answered, but he finally said. "Do you think that it could be sealed? With one of the so-called 'cursed seals?' Perhaps if we sealed the plant to one, it could be contained. Considering our other options... I think it may be my safest chance. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work, we can try something else. Right? What do you think?"

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sainou stroked his chin in thought, taking in Saki's suggestion. "Hmm...yes, yes that could work. As you said, if it fails, we can try another approach. And it is very possible it could buy you some time, if nothing else." Sainou clicked his heel on the floor as he spoke his ideas aloud. "You might need more than one, based on the rapid growth of the creature, but that is something we can investigate after the first attempt." The man pulled a pen from his coat and spun it on his fingers. "I'm no expert on curse seals, but you must be very careful. I have enough knowledge of them to know that while they can indeed seal things away, they can be released as well. This could give you a drastic boost to your power...but it would deteriorate your body." He slipped the pen in his pocket and placed a firm hand on Saki's shoulder. "You will need to show the utmost self-control if we do this. One slip could release the monster, making it stronger than it would be without the seal."

Sainou nodded. "It is your decision now. If you wish to proceed with the curse seal plan, I can give you a small list of people who could help you after doing a quick search. What seal you need, however, will determine who we can turn to. A stronger seal would require a person who has devoted their lives to such studies. There are very few in the village with that kind of familiarity with seals." Sainou awaited Saki's verdict.

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saki let out a sigh that both symbolized relief from Sainou's agreement, and the stress from what it meant. He looked away, but his vision was brought back to his consultant's face as he felt a hand on his shoulder. After listening to Sainou's caution, he lowered his head and and sighed again. The anxiety from his entire situation was getting to him again.

"Well... I want to just say yes like that," he began, snapping his fingers to symbolize how quick he meant. " I really do. But... I'm scared. I'm really, honestly scared."

Saki felt tears welling in his eyes for the first time since he'd been on that mission to the fortress in the Spine of the World.

"It's just I don't know what to do! I want there to be an easy answer, but the only things I have at my disposal could themselves kill me! I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do. I'm a shinobi, and I don't know what to do."

He looked up at Sainou. Tears had started to drip down his cheeks.

"They teach you to suppress your emotions as a shinobi, and here I am," he blubbled out, his voice getting harder to understand through the tears and his sinuses filling up. "I'm just scared. Just scared."

Saki sharply inhaled, then cleared his throat and wiped the wetness off of his face. One last sigh, and he regained his composure somewhat.

"Yes. I'll do it. Let's try to seal it."

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sainou's face was gentle as he allowed Saki to pour out his heart and tears. The doctor had been fortunate in his life. Choosing the medical field had given him a greater chance of survival, especially considering his specializations. He never had to fear his life would end prematurely, nor make a choice on how to preserve it. Once the young man was finished, Sainou smiled. "What do you think we are, Jedi? Having emotions is natural, especially in this circumstance. Just remember that you are not alone. Though we are trained to be self-sufficient, we must bear in mind that we live in a village full of comrades." He gave a small laugh. "The whole purpose of the Medical Branch is to look out for you guys. So put your faith in us, in me. I will do everything in my power to see you through this. As a doctor, comrade, and generally nice guy."

The blonde man gave a nod and lifted his clipboard. "Right then. Give me a day or two to seek out possible candidates to perform the sealing. I'll search medical records and employ the help of some friends to ask around the village. Again, I am not very knowledgeable in this subject, but I do know that there are weak and strong seals. I would recommend we start with a weak seal to start and see how it holds up." He gave a worried smile. "Also...should things go wrong, we won't have to deal with a plant monster with even greater power." He jotted something down before waving his hand dismissively. "But like I said, I'm on the case. You'll be in top shape in no time." Sainou hid his own fear, the fear of failure. This man had come to him specifically, and so it fell upon the doctor to save his life. He had to, for Saki, and for himself. Sainou placed his clipboard down and grabbed a surgical knife from a metal table. "I would like a small sample for testing purposes." The man walked to the back of Saki and swapped a section with a numbing agent. He took of the top layer of the scaly material and placed it in a bag. Following procedure, Sainou disinfected the light wound and placed a bandage upon it.

Walking back in front of Saki, the doctor twirled a finger. "That about wraps it up here. I will get in contact with you as soon as I find a suitable person to fit our needs. If your symptoms get worse, please do not hesitate to return. For now, I ask that you bear with them. I would rather not give you any treatment, as I'm not sure how it would affect the creature." Sainou walked to the door, but turned before exiting. "Once all this is over, I know I could use a drink. If you want one too, we'll take a trip to the Rusty Kunai. My treat." The man smirked before leaving Saki alone in the room.

[Topic Left]

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I'm not alone.

That sentence rang through Saki's head over and over and over again, despite the fact that Sainou had moved on to saying other things. The fact of the matter is that nothing Sainou could have said right then would have made Saki feel better; grief has a way of shutting you off from the world and convincing yourself that it's the end of the world... even though in Saki's case, it technically could be the end. But that's beside the point.

He completely zoned out, tear welling in his eyes once again in spite of his best attempts to keep it back. He let out a small sob. He listened vaguely as the good doctor droned about something that he didn't totally comprehend as more than a mutter. As much as he wanted to focus, he just... couldn't. He leaned forward, a zombie.

He came back when Sainou scraped a bit of his now-deformed skin. Even though he had swabbed Saki's back with the numbing agent, it still hurt a little. He didn't say anything though. Finally, Sainou said he'd get a hold of Saki if anything came up. That said, Saki assumed that he'd been told that he would start looking for people. He sighed, and leaned forward a bit to wipe his eyes.

I'm not alone. I have friends to lean on and people to support me. I can tell people. Others really do care.

He sat back up and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Thank you, Sainou. I truly appreciate this. Maybe if this all gets sorted out, I might just take you up on that offer. I might need it."

[Topic Left]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back