Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Secret Spectating Thread <Kaen v Kasen>

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The port city was on edge, you could feel it in the air just faintly, but despite this people went on. Tourism had dropped since the attack, but there was still those who would travel to Sora simply for their wide range of wares. Despite the war, despite the Palace erecting walls between itself and the citizenship, business still continued. While it had been jarred by the deaths of countless merchant class, those that had taken precautions now had a lot more room to sell with and the lack of law made the black market jump…hard.
The Undermarket was exactly why Tama was in Sora. Rarely did the scientist leave Suna, as he was pretty sure it was not allowed, but when he did, it was usually to procure illegal things he could not back home. The flesh trade in the Underground used to be booming, but when Toushin took over the first, and second time, the assassin dropped tons of restrictions. It was probably why the ANBU let Uzu commit to organized crime before getting ousted by the other dons time and time again. The “Assassin King” had horrible management skills and was bad about trusting for someone who was supposed to be an Uzumoreru.

Tama was wearing rags today. His clothing was smudged with what looked like dirt, stank of human decay, and hid his features. Over his face he had placed a life-like mask of an older man, but his vanity wouldn’t allow for anything but it to of his own self. Despite that, he did pox up the face enough that it should still be mostly unrecognizable. It was hard to be of the Solar Court and disguise himself when everyone has seen what he would look like through all ages.
The hooded raggy clothed scientist was kneeling down over an unrolled scroll in a secluded ally near the tourist beach. It was an area both locals and visitors avoided due to the crime that had already ran rampant before the war; the two dead bodies behind Tama showed it had only escalated since.
From within the rags he withdrew a large brown paper sack. The sound of glass jars clinking against each other echoed through the alley for a second as he arranged the bag over the seal written in the center of the open scroll. Lifting his hand over the scroll he channeled a little chakra into his palm before reciting an Ancient word. The bag disappeared in a cloud of chakra steam and the scroll rolled itself back up before leaping up as if alive. The disguised scientist snatched the scroll from the air and slipped it back into his robes as he stood and stretched. It had been a grand day of travel and haggling, but he had best to get back to Suna before anyone realized he had left. Or at least, that had been the plan. Moments into his intense stretch, Tama felt it. His heterochromatic irises shifted to his left towards the end of the beach where people were usually sipping mix drinks. Suddenly, he was thirsty for two things.

Tugging himself forward in three second intervals placed him behind the bartender near where the Hybrids were fighting. A rag soaked in chemicals was over the man’s mouth, struggling against the sudden shorter man’s attack. Yet as the bartender struggled against Tama’s rag, the scientist looked dead on at what were clearly cousins.
Kasen he knew of. She didn’t share the same court as the samples he had taken didn’t react the way his own did to the testing and had left Tama perplexed as to what she really was. The red-head was a complete mystery but clearly had a handle on fire. As far as the scientist knew, only Ancients could make Hybrids, and the only two Ancients he knew of were Mikaboshi and, to a far lesser extent, Shiori. Yet standing before him were two Hybrids using elements that were out of his natural grasp. Oh sure, he could conjure up water with his chakra, or flex its nature towards heat; but not to the speeds the two before him could. Wind and Lightning though? Bread and butter. He wondered how much his former master knew of these two? The scientist knew there were other Courts, but he had assumed that Mikaboshi and Shiori were the last of their kind. Had they a hand in making these two like the Deep created Tama?
As the doctor mused these things the bartender had finally slipped into a chemically induced sleep and Tama was grabbing bottles off the shelf.

Let’s see…rum, tequila…ooh! Vodka! That’s a little rare around these parts. Do they have…yes!” The scientist flipped a bottle of orange liquor and placed it on the counter with the other bottles,

I’s makin an ice tea!

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
NPC: Mikaboshi, Lord of the Deep Court

"They are magnificent, are they not?."

Mikaboshi appeared without warning as he was wont to do as though the mere thought of him had conjured him to presence from the aether as Tama's back had been turned appraising the shelf of hard liquor. He sat upon one of the bar's stools dressed in a suit of simple but regal clothing colored the adorned with gold accenting features and a cloth draped around his shoulders lined with luxurious black fur. The cape draped around his person imbued an almost bat-like quality to the movement of his arms with the way it clung to each movement but the fur evoked the essence of the persona by which he was known to so many during the years known as the Old World; the Great Black Wolf. Each of the buttons and cuff links glinted brightly in the sun-- or at least would have if not for the spot of shadow cast over him by a large dark parasol that he carried with him. Even though the cabana that Tama was raiding was already sheltered from the sun the wide parasol that Mikaboshi carried with him deepened the shade cast by the beach bar's screen to the point of making it difficult to make out the features of the Deep Lord from the depths of the gloom that surrounded his personal space.

He was different than Tama had ever seen him before. Most of the Solar Hybrid's experience had been with Mikaboshi's masked facade as the director of Sunagakure's ANBU corps but now he appeared without a mask or armor-- unless one counted the atmosphere of dark that he had brought with him. His head was without hair and his ears enlongated-- just human enough to feel familiar but not human enough where one could mistake him as anything but extraordinary. Such was the way of his ilk.

"Years ago I would have looked upon this as an affront. The air prickles with the energy of our kind and I would only have been consumed by ire at humanity that is conjoined with it."

Mikaboshi did not turn to observe Tama but instead continued with his gaze fixed upon the battle taking place upon the beach. It was some distance away still and the bright overhead sun made it uncomfortable to look out at them but if Tama's sight could pierce through the veil of Mikaboshi's obfuscating parasol he would find an excited grin upon the countenance of his former master.

"Alas there are not so many of us left that those of us which remain can afford to be so..." Mikaboshi chewed upon the word he wished to use for a moment before finishing his thought. "Selective."

Turning his face to look at Tama for the first time, Mikaboshi wore a pair of what looked like sunglasses upon his face with lens which were reflective with the color of freshly spilled blood. They shone from the depths of the tenebrous cloud that gathered beneath his mysterious parasol like the eyes of a tremendous hound reflecting in the shaft of a hooded lantern.

"You are looking well despite the state I last saw you in, student of mine."

Last edited:

Ryuu Rei

Mayor of Flavortown
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Bottles of multiple liquors had been lined up on the bar counter with a shaker at the end. Lined up from right to left, was an aged tequila, a rare, (half the size of the others kind rare), bottle of vodka, and a bottle of orange liquor. Near them was a bowl of sugar, two separate bowls of lemon and limes, and a cocktail shaker. The five-foot-five scientist had pulled out a stool from the corner of the bar that he guessed the bartender used when business was slow, and currently had it as a makeshift ladder to check the precious fluids on the top shelf. Tucked away in the far left corner was the bottle of gin he was desperately reaching for. The doctor’s fingertips pulled at the base of the glass until the bottle slipped off the shelf. With a quick grasping motion at the air the bottle stopped mid fall and gently floated beside Tama’s head as he descended from his stool-ladder.
He turned to reach up and grab it when he noticed the Deep Ancient sitting there. The doctor had a pretty enhanced sense when it came to noticing others of his ilk so far. It was a subtle change in the air that grew stronger the closer they got. Kasen made the air feel heavy, cold, and moist, the red-head was drying it up with a heat that rivaled the dunes, but Mikaboshi? Never once had the scientist been able to get a tune on the Deep Courts, and that was no doubt a reason why he had headed the ANBU for so long.
As soon as his mis-matched eyes caught his old master, Tama’s whole body jerked as he swore,
BY JASHIN’S UNHOLY TAINT!” the precious bottle of vodka slipping out of his hand in the sudden freight. Casual as ever, the Deep Shadow gave his assessment of the fight before speaking of the old ways despite the mirth in both his look and voice. The doctor sighed in some small annoyance to his master’s ability to still spook him before forming a half seal with his left hand. A blue colored glyph appeared in the air that rotated clockwise as Tama did the same with his wrist. The bottled that had shattered on the stone floor reversed itself to re-contain the fluids it once guarded and leaped back into the Hybrid’s right hand. He placed it back on the counter with the other spirits before reaching into his raggedy clothes to pull out a small metal pillbox.

Rare as a breed as we are, you know, I had honestly thought myself one of the only ones in this country, the doctor replied as he reached under the counter while his eyes were drawn back to the fight once more. His hands absently scooped a little sugar into the mixing glass before pouring a little water from the clear bottle he pulled out from beneath the counter. As he did this, little gusts of air lifted a single lime and lemon into the air to slice them in half that dropped into Tama’s open palms. He crushed the juice over the sugar water, then lifted the glass to gently mull them around,
Of course I had heard talks of the Daimyo’s experiments from certain sources, but, never once would have believed we would of had others like me in Suna. Yet…here I am, looking at one which I know and another I do not, but the other does.

The master then mentioned his apprentice’s changes. The scientist set down the shaker, stepped back, held out his dirty arms, and did a flourish. The dirt cloud slinging off him caused the doctor to choke up a little bit despite the cocky smirk on his face. With a wave of his hand the cloud flew off to bother someone else with his stink as he lifted the bottle of gin,
Made it myself! Not my stains though, good lord no, I have some decorum. Or is it my sudden change in size you’ve noticed? Science, ah what a cruel mistress she be…” the man smirked as he began pour the gin and then the others haphazardly into the mixer. Placing the top on he lifted the glass and shook together the contents before setting it down and reaching for a clean high-ball glass. Tama then flicked the little metal box to reveal a pile of scrolls organized in Old Tongue. He withdrew the one that was labeled “soda”, and unrolled it. The seal inside reacted to the oxygen causing the chakra to release the form of a heavy bottom glass bottle containing a dark-amber colored liquid. He looked at it for a second like a drug-addict would illicit medication before breaking his eyes away to pull out a smaller glass that he filled a fourth of with the same rum in his drink. Then he poured out that which was mixed previously into the high-ball glass before reaching over to grab the bottle he had just summoned. On top of the cork was a paper seal that looked set for explosion. Pushing his thumb against the top and twisting the cork with a shock of precise chakra caused the paper holding it down to break away with small flames. He removed the cork and immediately the scent of cola and electricity wafted into the air. He filled the rest of the small glass with it and placed the low-ball before his master before dashing a little of the cola on top of his own beverage.

It seems you too have changed my master, as I don’t ever recall you as a being of very many methods of relaxation,” he slid the drink a little closer before sipping on the heavily high spirited content of his own, “So we have both changed to some degrees. Of course, old habits die hard, and I can’t help but steer my research towards that of human souls and…what we can with them. Strengthen them, weaken them, drink them after distilling one over the period of a year…it’s rather remarkable what you can do with the right motivation and information.
An explosion of fire made Tama squint his eyes in the direction of the fight as it started to take a more serious turn. Rain clouds soon began to gather as Kasen revealed more of her precious powers in a land of endless thirst. The removal of the sun from the sky made it easier to watch as the two sibling continued to fight, though the rain never came near the master and student at the bar, as Tama’s control over the air kept a little pocket of dry around them.

I think…we’re not the only ones changing either,” Tama spoke up after a few moments of combat and a some sips of tea, “Since I’ve come back, since the attack on the Wall, something in the air has been stirring. Maybe it’s the connection to my…other half warning me, or, maybe I’m just being paranoid in the middle of a war, but there is a restlessness I can’t get over lately. Have you felt it too, master?

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
NPC: Mikaboshi, Lord of the Deep Court

“Of course I had heard talks of the Daimyo’s experiments from certain sources, but, never once would have believed we would of had others like me in Suna. Yet…here I am, looking at one which I know and another I do not, but the other does.”

"These two are not the bounty of Ishii Shiro's perversions." Mikaboshi spat the word "perversions" as though it were a curse, making clear his disgust for the Sovereign. To him they were abominations-- reversals of a natural order that had stood for as long as the world was old. Even despite the humanity which coursed like a river through the spiritual power that Kaen and Kasen were unleashing at each others there was a purity of essence that marked them as hybrids.

Curiously, as Tama nudged the libation he'd mixed towards Mikaboshi a single pale hand reached out from the enshrouded area beneath his parasol and retrieved it. Long and thin fingers wrapped gently around the glass and returned with it in tow though it was difficult to tell if the Deep Lord was actually drinking the substance or simply took it to honor the gesture of the offering.

“Since I’ve come back, since the attack on the Wall, something in the air has been stirring. Maybe it’s the connection to my…other half warning me, or, maybe I’m just being paranoid in the middle of a war, but there is a restlessness I can’t get over lately. Have you felt it too, master?”

He had felt it. Any creature sufficiently attuned to the natural world had felt it. The awakening of Dominus and the swarm of life destroying unbent that had hearkened to him sent ripples through the very land itself. The man which named himself to the title of daimyo of Wind had been an apparent threat to Sunagakure and indeed to Ancient-kind but Dominus was a threat to all life. His swarm did not look to topple or rule over that which it conquered-- it simply destroyed and consumed leaving nothing behind it. When all was said and done, Dominus would be king only of the ashes that he left behind him in his wake after he finished burning the entire world to nothing.

"Humanity is approaching the precipice of oblivion. The coming conflict is different from anything any of them have ever seen for it is the first time since humanity wrested control of the world from our kind that they face something which threatens to annihilate their very way of life." Explained Mikaboshi as the cabana filled briefly with a blowing wind of heat and cinders from the battle that they were watching. "Much like the choice that Ancient-kind once was forced to make, humanity will called upon to choose whether they wish to defy this doom which has come for them or be consumed by it. You are feeling the very world itself holding its breath awaiting the decision of mankind."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back