Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Secrets Among Siblings [Kaen]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A light breeze passed over the early morning beaches that belonged to the Seaside Paradise. Kasen seemed to find herself here more than she used to. She had her own beach and it was secluded enough to be enjoyable, but sometimes she liked the senseless chatter of tourists and residents alike that were stopping by the beach to enjoy a day in the sun. Kasen also was starting to have an appreciation for the tropical fauna that grew here, unlike most of the places in Suna which were devoid of vegetation. She also like that there was a small cafe not too far from the beach that belonged to one of the popular hotel chains. She was able to get all kinds of fruit flavored ice drinks. It was incredibly innovative, she had to give them that. Lately she found her favorite was a blue hombre colored ice drink that tasted like blue raspberries with just a splash of cherry on top. It had comically been named "Shark Attack". She couldn't help but laugh at it the irony but it really did have a nice flavor.

Today though, she found herself sitting outside the little cafe, a glass of ice water in front of her. She was staring longingly at the ocean. The sun cast off of the waters surface like tiny mirrors, sparkling and glistening in a way that was visible even from here. She was waiting for Kaen to arrive, likely angry or hurt. She felt like this was a cycle that kept repeating. Truthfully, she was a little frustrated herself. Despite their closeness, she felt that Kaen was still being a helicopter parent, in a way. She had gone out into the world and made connections, fallen in love, got promoted, gained control over her abilities, and accomplished so much over the last several years. Yet, as much as she loved her brother, she felt he didn't find her capable of protecting herself or making decisions that could reflect positively on her life. It made their relationship feel a bit strained.

Then there was the issue of not having discussed Kaen's true lineage with him. She didn't know exactly what that was per say, but she did know that whatever it was was something different from her and pertained to Father's experiments. Kasen also needed to ask for her brother to give her away at the upcoming wedding. She didn't know if he had caught on to her relationship with Riyota, nor if he had gotten word of her engagement, seeing as she had been wearing her ring around more publicly since being given it. Overall, it just was an accumulation of information that both parties didn't seem to discuss freely. She thought back to the letter, and hoped it conveyed what this meeting entailed. Knowing Kaen's temper was quick to flare, she wanted to give him time to process what she wrote before he came. Now, whether he did that or not, she couldn't predict.

Letter said:
Dear Kaen,

I know that letters are not our normal fashion of communication, but I cannot find the proper time nor the right words to convey what must be said. I hope you will understand that I have not intentionally kept the information I am about to discuss with you a secret, there has just been so much going on lately between my return, the attack, my promotion, and out elevation to nobility that it never really felt appropriate to pull you aside and discuss it.

Back before my disappearance, I ventured to Mist in search of an old research lab that belonged to father. Inside it, I found some information that was mostly censored, but it mentioned the trials that we were part of. It detailed that while we have the same mother, our biological fathers are different. It is a complete explanation for our gifts. Your father had unimaginable prowess with fire, while my father was gifted with an affinity for water. I had managed to trace my father's lineage back to several exceptional water users. I don't exactly know what this all means, but I do believe it explains why we were so heavily experimented on and that this project was in development long before our birth.

The other thing that I wanted to discuss is that...I'm getting married. I believe I have found the love of my life in the man Miroku Riyota. He is kind and sweet and incredibly dorky. I think you would really like him. We should all meet up so that the two of you can properly get to know each other. I should have told you sooner, but again, just a spiral of events one after the other really left no time.

I know this is a lot to take in, so please take however much time you need to process this information. I'll be waiting everyday at a little cafe at the Seaside Paradise around lunchtime until you come. I have some things I feel I need to get off my chest too, so this may be a good opportunity.

Love,
Kasen

Thinking back on it, she just hoped she had articulated her intent clearly. Either way, Kasen sighed, leaning back in her chair. Her fingers rapped lightly against the metal of the table she was sitting at. Her ice water was already starting to melt, the small cubes in it already turning to tiny squares that rounded at the edges. She had ordered it out of habit but wasn't thirsty. Her nerves and her own mild irritation was weighing on her. Now it was just a waiting game.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Letter said:
Dear Kaen,

I know that letters are not our normal fashion of communication, but I cannot find the proper time nor the right words to convey what must be said. I hope you will understand that I have not intentionally kept the information I am about to discuss with you a secret, there has just been so much going on lately between my return, the attack, my promotion, and out elevation to nobility that it never really felt appropriate to pull you aside and discuss it.

Back before my disappearance, I ventured to Mist in search of an old research lab that belonged to father. Inside it, I found some information that was mostly censored, but it mentioned the trials that we were part of. It detailed that while we have the same mother, our biological fathers are different. It is a complete explanation for our gifts. Your father had unimaginable prowess with fire, while my father was gifted with an affinity for water. I had managed to trace my father's lineage back to several exceptional water users. I don't exactly know what this all means, but I do believe it explains why we were so heavily experimented on and that this project was in development long before our birth.

The other thing that I wanted to discuss is that...I'm getting married. I believe I have found the love of my life in the man Miroku Riyota. He is kind and sweet and incredibly dorky. I think you would really like him. We should all meet up so that the two of you can properly get to know each other. I should have told you sooner, but again, just a spiral of events one after the other really left no time.

I know this is a lot to take in, so please take however much time you need to process this information. I'll be waiting everyday at a little cafe at the Seaside Paradise around lunchtime until you come. I have some things I feel I need to get off my chest too, so this may be a good opportunity.

Love,
Kasen

This would be the letter that Kaen had received a few days prior, scorch marks darkened the edges of the crinkled sheet of paper. Kasen always was the smarter one, she knew her brother to a capitol T, so much so she even applied some sort of chakra based fire retardant on the paper. It was if she fully knew the type of reaction he would have displayed having first read the letter. The other furniture in the room, however, were not as lucky as this sheet of paper and had been charred and turned to a hardened ash-like state from the sudden influx of heat that radiated off of Kaen during the initial response. But after about 2 days of no sleep, no food or water either, the Flame Court Ancient was running out of steam. Had there not been a bathroom directly attached to his new living quarters, provided by Lord Sousuke, he might very well have just gone in a vase or something. Numerous articles of paper notes were starting to pile up by the door now as Kaen had not even left the room and ignored all attempts at socialization. They had stopped trying all together after a small burst of fire exploded from underneath the door, that too would need replacing. Sousuke was going to be so upset with him.

But none of this mattered to him, right now anyways. Un-crinkling the letter Kasen had sent him he would read it over for what felt like the thousandth time. And yet it mattered not how many times he read it, it stung and confused him moreover each time his eyes met every word. The mention of Father caused anger to surge and bubble just under the surface, but he was exhausted to the point of passing out that it quickly subsided. The only thing keeping him going was anxiety. For the first time in years he felt like he did back when they were children trapped in those god forsaken cages. That feeling of complete hopelessness, a complete lack of control. Compacted on top of news that he and Kasen weren't completely blood related and they merely shared a father? Mass confusion swirled inside his mind that made it incredibly difficult to think at all, continuing to read was almost painful at this point. Just trying to get his eyes to focus and concentrate sent pain coursing threw his head.

But this wasn't the only thing that bothered him. He couldn't bear the thought of Kasen having to endure the title of Hybrid just as he had. Shiori gave no mention of a Court of Water, as it stood he really only knew of a few. Earth, Flame, Solar, and Deep. But Kaen had only met someone from Earth and no more, they truly were a rarity in this new world. Though with the deal he had made with Sousuke Kasen would be safe despite her status, but that too caused him grief. Ever since she knew of her elevated status he couldn't help but feel like she spurned the idea all together and often wondered if he made the right choice. Would it have been better to say no and flee the city in search of a new home to hide in until they were found out again? No, he wasn't the type to just run away, not anymore.

As he read the next sequence of words he dropped the letter and stumbled to a nearby vase and puked. Or at least he tried. By this time there wasn't much left inside save small traces of bile and brokenness. After a few dry heaves he would fall back and stare up at the ceiling, his vision spinning as if he was heavily intoxicated. Cracked lips mouthed the words over and over, an outstretched arm extended upwards with an open hand reaching for nothing. Again he tried to speak, this time a scratchy, parched voice managed to say it. "Miroku... Riyota..." Of all people, why was it a Miroku? That spineless cur Akkuma was nothing but trouble. He had since regretted past dealings with that bastard. He had lied to Kaen about the nature of his work, having discovered the truth during a mission with Teke. He should have known he was in the human trafficking business, who knew what else. His offspring couldn't be any better. Kanmuri had managed to fall far from the tree, but even that child had hints of his father within him. He was unsure who this Riyota was, but he intended to find out one way or another. But the thoughts would quickly fade away to black as Kaen finally slipped unconscious into a deep sleep.

Two days later...

The salty air was wet with apprehension, and well moisture from the nearby ocean. In truth Kaen really didn't want to have this day come, but he couldn't just ignore Kasen forever. Avoiding confrontation was never something he willingly did, but with Kasen it was different somehow. He had been giving this day a lot of thought, what he would say, what he would do. He felt he had a decent grasp on himself and the emotions that had run their course days earlier. He had since put some food in his body, coupled with a shower and some actual rest he was starting to feel a little better. Emphasis on the little.

As he meandered through the touristy crowd that almost always frequented Sora, Kaen would be looking around for any sight of blue. The azule-like shade was something of a rarity as hair color goes, especially within Wind Country. Kasen shouldn't be that difficult to spot. And lo, he was spot on. In the distance he saw the petite frame of his beautiful sister sitting at a two seater table just outside the cafe. Unsure of how to greet her he opted to silently sit down across from her. Taking the cigarette from his mouth he would drop it to the ground and crush it under foot to put it out. "Married huh?" With a somber tone he would initiate the conversation. "That's not something I thought us Shinkus would get the pleasure of experiencing..." He was of course referring to their constant life of living on the run from place to place. What was once just a pit stop on their chaotic life, Suna and managed to find a place in their heart and remained ever since.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Today seemed to be the day that their confrontation was to align. It started as a mild sensation, just this feeling of warm that started to creep into her skin. As he brother grew ever closer, the sensation of heat would continue to grow. Had she not been a being of water, she anticipated that it otherwise may have felt absolutely sweltering to someone. She looked up towards the direction that the feeling had been coming from, her eyes catching sight of Kaen's figure slowly approaching her. She gave a weak wave, but her enthusiasm behind it wasn't there like it normally would have been. She felt consumed by anxiety and an emotion she couldn't quite place...though it fell somewhere between guilt and anger towards him. She wished that the feelings that surrounded them would stop feeling so complicated.

As Kaen took a seat across from her, remaining in silence a moment, Kasen took the time to analyze his face. He was always one to be capable of masking his feelings well, but Kasen could tell beneath his expression that told of his own swirl of emotions. She did not know if it was a good or bad sign that he had not combusted into flames yet as some sort of release. Then again, she could hardly believe she wasn't already running towards the sea. Kasen lightly ran her finger around the rim of her glass; the condensation would begin to pool into her own skin like droplets being vacuumed up. It was interesting how unbelievably natural these sort of events were for her. Kasen couldn't bring herself to look him in the eyes when he mentioned her future marriage. She wasn't sure how to really tell her most important person that she was preparing to enter a new chapter of her life. "You know, I used to think that I wasn't allowed to feel happy, or have dreams. I felt like I was always defined by my trauma, or that I just would never be good enough to live up to anyone's expectations of me because I was weak." Kasen paused a moment, gathering herself. Her grip on her water glass tightened slightly. "Everyone has always tried so hard to protect me, and when I was younger, it always felt like somehow I just would never be capable of doing it myself. And so I worked harder, and harder, and I went off on my own, only to fail every time. Barnyx practically skewered me to death, I lost Same, I couldn't help those mutated children Father made, I nearly died from that parasite, I couldn't control Same. Only after years of struggling did I finally find peace. And yet, there is still this....hole." Kasen let go of her glass, only to place it over her chest.

Tightly gripping the fabric of her shirt, Kasen could feel a bitter taste enter her mouth. "I still don't understand a damn thing about myself. Everything has been changing and I still can't get rid of this feeling that I'm still trying to catch up. But, when I met Riyota, he made things feel normal. This man, covered in physical scars, missing body parts, from a clan that seems to have a reputation as sinister as they can get, and yet he still smiles, and he still laughs, and he makes me feel like all of those bad things in my life never happened because to him I am not broken and I am not weak. I love him more than words can define and he makes me better." This entire time, Kasen still had not been able to bring herself to look at Kaen. "I want to be better." It made her irritated that here she was, pouring her heart out to her only family with such vigor and passion. Why did it feel so...wrong. It felt like she was explaining herself, like she was guilty for feeling like this, and for not talking to him sooner. What held her back? She knew she could always talk to Kaen, but this felt like a trial, not a discussion. Hell, the poor man across the table had not even said a word against her and she was feeling undone.

Kaen, who has always put her first. She shouldn't be feeling like this. She shouldn't be angry with him and yet here she was. Kasen narrowed her eyes, glaring down at the table. Diplomacy was usually her tactic here, but she couldn't bring herself to just go off on him either. She knew there was more to discuss, and she had brought him here on the premise of having that discussion, but she couldn't continue with this swirl of emotion clouding her. She viewed Kaen as both her brother and her keeper. She knew in her heart, he would always be looking out for her, but something needed to change in their relationship. Kaen needed to see that while his affection was not unwanted, he did not still need to feel obligated to provide for her in the way he did when they were children. When he had made them nobles without discussing things with her, or in the way it felt like he was hiding things from her, she just felt like they were coming from thoughtful places, no malice involved, but she just needed to understand and be included in those decisions.

Once they were viewed as equals, she was sure this resentment would disperse. Even if she did not win, she knew she had to show him that she was capable. Kasen stood from the table, finally looking to him with a stormy look in her eyes. "I know I asked you here under different circumstances, but I need to get this off my chest. Kaen, I challenge you to a fight." With that, Kasen headed towards the beach, preparing to take on her brother and settle this conflict within her once and for all.

[Calling Bmod]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hello! I will be your mod so let’s get this thing rolling. Please include links with everything that has a link to give (Jutsu can just be linked in actions). Please PM me the following, it doesn't not have to look like this as I'm going to transfer it to a scrivener file anyway (This is just a description of what I expect). You just as well could send me a copy of your updated profile.

OOC Rank:

Stats:

Just copy from profile, must include each individual stats minimum. Power level and character level are optional.

Class:
Full code please (all bold/italics/underlined I mean). It looks nice like that.

Abilities:
List all abilities you currently possess with links so I can go to them and copy them for my file. If you have a cursed seal include all relevant information here (Such as stats and including if you were sealed by a DS)

Advanced Elements:
List all AE you have access to, as listed in your dojo

Major/Minor affinities:
List all major and minor affinities

Inventory:
You know. List it. If you have strategy or whatevs then list your prepped slots for me plz&thx

Weapons:
Everything I need to know about your weapons should be written out including links to all augments

Jutsu:
Please separate nin/tai/gen/kinjutsu as well as any element (including tai and gen subtypes) and remember to sort by level and include ranks for each jutsu plz. I will require you to link to each jutsu you use in your actions so links here are not necessary, just organized in some way.

Bloodline/Core ability:
Please only include what parts of your bloodline/core ability you actually have access too. If any of your bloodline or core ability aspects include special items or have elements you must choose (such as Inu's wild soul elements or mechanist's familiar) you can include those with the ability itself or make a separate list.

Kinjutsu:
If you own a kinjutsu please include a copy of each ability you own and any information about elements such as Dark Sage souls or Revenant's hearts.

Contracts:
Please include all relevant information about contracts such as their abilities, jutsus, class, Senjutsu subtype, and an avatar sized image for them if you have one.

As for actions please include your actions in this same conversation and remember the following:

Actions:
Please remember to link to every jutsu you use in your actions. Any additional details (such as AP costs, alignment, and any modifiers from class/BL/CA would be helpful as reminders but are not as important to me as links to jutsu)

Conditionals:
List all conditionals, including those used by unbound loyalty if you're an Archsage.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was overwhelmingly clear that tension was thick upon the air, almost physically tangible. Keeping his psyche in check was thankfully easier as he took time to mule all the details over, though that's not to say he wasn't feeling something. Just as Kasen had suspected, a whirlwind of unabated confusion and feelings swarmed inside Kaen's complacent looking demeanor. Unable to bring his gaze to meet hers they both sat awkwardly until Kasen spoke. No stranger to the various emotions of passion, rage, malice, etc. Kaen could feel his sister's malcontent emotions surging as her words continued. A tinge of remorse plucked at his heartstrings as Kasen poured out the contents of her fervorous mind. All the choices, various paths, sacrifices Kaen had undergone was all for the betterment of her, so why was he feeling this way? In his contrition he could only keep listening. Had she felt this way all along? Why had she not said anything sooner, was she fearful of him? Many questions ran amuck in his mind, causing a rare sensation of anxiety to root its way into Kaen's core.

Tears dared to take form in the corners of his eyes as she pressed forward, but his stubborn nature forbid it as he shifted uncomfortably in his chair. This experience, this crossroads of life Kasen had found herself in. It was almost too good to be true. Despite his own deep connection to the Court of Flames, known for not only their lusts and cravings for battle, but known for their deep recesses of passion, perhaps even love. Despite all this he still felt himself unable to fully grasp what it was she was feeling, too distrustful of humanity, others as a whole had made it incredibly difficult to discover anything remotely close to this sensation of assurance and security that she must feel with Riyota. This concept only brought about more ire-like confusion towards the situation. Why was he unable to provide for her like he could, what did Riyota have that Kaen did not? For their entire life Kaen had felt like he was enough to satiate Kasen's emotional needs. What changed?

"I want to be better." The gravity of the conversation had finally weighed down enough to crush his spirits, sorrowful and grief-stricken, Kaen was finally realizing where the true issue lie. It was with him. Kaen was the problem, or at least this is how he was interpreting this. He quickly came to the realization that despite all the power, all the skill and ability he had mastered, acquired, discovered... It meant nothing. It was all for her, but these pursuits only increased the hardships and calamity she would encounter. He was holding her back, and she had already managed to surpass Kaen in nearly every facet. The most important one would be Kaen's greatest adversarial challenge, letting go of the past. Not letting it define you, as Kaen had let it. In truth it made him weak and broken in comparison. She was truly the better side of this single coin.

He had failed, so to speak, to be a good brother. While his intentions were always noble and self-sacrificing, in the long run he had only hindered her as a sister, as a person, as an individual. All this time he kept at it, playing the keeper role while not truly utilizing his brotherly role. He had been so focused, so preoccupied ensuring that he would be able to defend her when the time came that he ended up hurting her himself. She was no longer a child, and yet he continued to treat her as one. Thoughtless decision making without her involvement, failing to keep this relationship honest and open, it all culminated to this decisive point for the both of them. It was time for him to treat her like the woman she was, and it was time for her to discover she was truly capable on her own, no matter how Kaen felt about it. How does that saying go? If you love something, set it free? Something like that.

As she stood their eyes would finally meet, tempestuous intensity shot out like lasers from her to him through her gaze. Fire stirred within as he knew the expression all to well. Her words spoke towards the truth of this thought, challenging him to a fight. As she would turn and walked away with boldness in her strut Kaen couldn't help but smile in response to such self-assured disposition. She had nothing to prove to him, she had already proven herself capable in just this small exchange. Being brave enough to stand up to Kaen was no easy feat. But he could sympathize with her need for validation. Not only from Kaen, but for herself as well. As such he would gladly follow her towards the beach. After a short walk, following the footprints Kasen left behind, the pair would find themselves in a rather desolate area where few tourists rarely ventured. Here they would be able to have their bout without worrying about hurting a civilian. "Hold nothing back, sister. I want you to show me just was Kasen Shinku is capable of." He too would hold nothing back, he would not be able to feign anything with her. She could tell if his heart wasn't in this. And he suspected it would defeat the purpose should he simply let her win, or not give his best effort. Today all will bear witness to the clash of two titans, a Shinku showdown...

[OOC MFT - Sending battle info and actions]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 1
141.jpg

Kasen
HP: 45000 - 3321 = 41679
CP: 33000 - 5657 = 27343
IR: 8250
AP: 10 - 8.5 = 1.5
AP next round: 11
Maintains: Water Style (Free flowing), Earth Style (Shatter), Mirror Coat
Visible Items: Headset, Pouch

2628.jpg

Kaen
HP: 48000 + (900 THP) - 1267 = 47633
CP: 30000 - 3105 = 26895
AP: 10 - 8.5 = 1.5
Maintains: Feral Shift, defensive stance
Visible Items: Pouch, Headset, Respirator

QwTo2l0.png

Atlas
HP: 16800
CP: 16500
AP: 5 - 2 = 3
AP next round: 6
Maintains: None

xKfa0HP.png

Echo
CP: 16500 - 560 = 15940

Round Actions​

0.50s - Kaen activates Feral Shift - Physical Style

1.00s - Kaen enters Defensive Stance

3.00s - Kaen uses Earth Flow Wave with Debilitate on Kasen with the special action. He is riding the wave, jutsu delayed

4.50s - Kasen uses Contract Summoning to summon Atlas and Echo

5.00s - Kaen uses Unbalancing Strike on Sand Stars with Feint on Kasen [Full hit(352), full hit(352), full hit(352;Suppressed), miss, full hit(352), full hit(352)]

5.00s - Kaen immediately follows up using Jutsu Expansion on Convection Spheres with Focus on Kasen [Full hit(781),partial hit(195),Partial hit(585),miss]

5.00s - A Sprite is summoned from Kaen's Jutsu

5.00s - Kasen enters Water - Chakra Style (Free Flowing)

5.50s - Kaen Equips Mantle of Fire

5.50s - Kasen enters Earth - Chakra Style (Shatter)

6.50s - Kaen uses Whirlwind Spin with Handseal Expert

7.00s - Kasen uses Mirror Coat

8.50s - Echo uses Grand Waterfall on Kaen [Full Hit (1267)]​

Notes: Kasen you weren't able to perform your last jutsu because of the suppression

Any Questions, send them via discord. Actions please send through NC. I appreciate the cleanliness of your actions and links, thanks!

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Play Me

Without delay Kaen's sister quickly started a long strand of handseals, the fight was on! The Flame Court Hybrid would follow suit as he called forth the blazing chakra within the deep recesses of his body. In a brilliant, near scorching display of force his body would be enveloped in a thick layer of flames which then exploded outwards in a small radius around him. His stance had changed, displaying his intent and disposition, this fight was meant to be taken seriously. "Do try and keep up sis, it'd be a shame if Gary had to patch you up" A mischievously coy smile spread across his face revealing a pair of razor sharp shark-like teeth. With a small wink he would push off of the sandy arena they had found for themselves, a small plume of sand was propelled to one side has his shinobi speed propelled him sideways.

Already flinging together a set of seals he would raise a hand up to his face has he completed the jutsu. The ground beneath him became almost sentient has a small wave of sand carried Kaen across the beach. A plan already formulating in his mind he would compell the sand forward as he knelt down closer to the ground. As he sped forward towards his target he would rake up a handful of cream-shaded sand, forming it with the free hand he would channel chakra through his hands. At the same time it appeared his sister's jutsu was complete as a small explosion of smoke erupted. But he would not be distracted and directed his attack towards Kasen, a flurry of sandy shuriken were already flying through the air. Seeking to grant Kasen no reprieve, but to overwhelm, Kaen's follow up attack had come with little warning.

"You remember this one, right Kasen?" Just as he had done before, grand crimson orbs of plasma-like energy erupted into existence. Commanding the orbs with ease Kaen would push his hands together, furrowed brows forming in response to the force. In turn the orbs would obey his command and smash together with incredible force, amalgamating into a bigger, more unstable miniature sun. With it in hand he would rush back towards his sister, the wave of sand aiding his maneuverability.

Falling back to gain distance he would begin to focus more fire to rise up from within, a more powerful mantle of fire cloaked him in vibrant aurora of scarlet. He continued to observe his sister, ever watchful of her gestures and mannerisms. Every detail was essential for battle, or at least one you hoped to claim victory over. The next wave of tactics already brimming over in his mind he would take measures to ensure its success. Forming the signs he would call to forth a gust of wind to circle around him, aiding the wave of sand carrying him around. But so focused he was, on his sister, he failed to detect the wave of water that was already washing over his body. The immediate vicinity around him hissed and seethed as his conflagration aura was temporarily extinguished. "Tch..."

[OOC sending actions... as soon as I get done putting together my desk >_> ]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Standing on the sands of the beach, Kasen could feel from behind her that Kaen was already prepared to fight. She stood, expressionless as he approached her. Part of her wanted Same once again on the battlefield fighting alongside her, but Same was better for direct combat. Kaen considered her predictable, but Kasen's strength was adaptability. She had a little bit of something for everything. Starting to form the necessary rituals, Kasen would begin to summon her dynamic duo, Echo and Atlas, the two dolphins that seemed to show elemental properties of their own. However, it wasn't long before she started that she could already feel the heat blasting off Kaen. Hurrying to finish, Kasen had just barely heard a nearby splash in the waters as the dolphins appeared in all their glory, before Kaen was already upon her, moving across the sand like water.

Before she could react, Kasen felt several sharp objects hit her, one of them becoming embedded in her chest. Stumbling backwards, the wind knocked out of her, Kasen next saw a supernova ball of fire being blasted into her. She could hear Kaen taunting her, but could not see him as the ball collided with her and a blast of an explosion went off around her, creating a massive crater and sending sand flying every which direction. Kasen could smell burnt flesh, realizing with a sickening feeling it was her own. Kasen laid there for a moment, at the bottom of the crater. She couldn't bring herself to move. Was this what she wanted? She didn't know what she wanted.

In her heart, Kasen knew fighting her brother was futile. She was not meant to be on the frontlines, she existed to make other people better...or considerably worse if one thought about it This was not a fight she was going to win, even if she put her entire heart into it, but she knew that going into this. To her, this wasn't a competition and she wasn't going to treat it like one. Kaen's only goal was to destroy and to win, and inevitably he would get that. However, Kasen's goal was to show she wasn't just a worthless competitor...that she could serve a purpose.

Kasen turned her head to the side, her skin brushing against the glass. She could feel it respond under her touch. The blue haired woman breathed out a sigh, as the glass started to crawl over her skin, covering her from head to toe in a thick reflective surface. Standing up, Kasen started to climb out of the hole on the ground, brushing herself off. Looking into the waters, Kasen saw Echo send a torrent of water at Kaen. He had been so enveloped by his satisfaction of burying her, that he managed to leave his side exposed for her creatures. Kasen had not said anything to him, it would do nothing but fuel him. She merely stood, hands behind her back. If he wanted a competitor that would match his own drive and ambition, he would have to settle for looking at his reflection on her mirrored body. Kasen was not fighting for him, she was fighting for HER.

[Sending Actions]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 2
141.jpg

Kasen
HP: 41679 - 4548 = 37131
CP: 27343 - 870 = 26473
AP: 11 - 9 = 2
Maintains: Water Style (Free flowing),
Earth Style(Shatter),
Elemental Manifestation Stage 2,
Mirror Coat
2628.jpg

Kaen
HP: 47633(900 temp hp - 506) +367 - 427 = 47573
CP: 26895 - 6913 = 19982
AP: 11 - 9.25 = 1.75
AP next round: 11.75
Maintains: Feral Shift,
defensive stance
QwTo2l0.png

Atlas
CP: 16500
AP: 6 - 6 = 0
AP next round: 5
Sprinkles
HP: 29400
CP: 35400 - 2400 = 33000
AP: 5 - 3 = 2
AP next round: 3.5 (soul regalia)
Maintains: Soul regalia
xKfa0HP.png

Echo
CP: 15940 - 300 = 15640
Round Actions​

1.82s - Kasen enters Elemental Manifestation stage 2

3.00s - Kaen's wave strikes at Kasen

3.64s - Kasen does a hidden thing, very hush hush

4.09s - Kaen summons Sprinkles

4.09s - Sprinkles turns into a weapon and equips to Kaen, causing him to drop 'mantle of fire'

4.09s - Kaen activates Void Mirage

5.00s - Atlas cannot target Kaen

5.46s - Kasen does a hidden actions

6.59s - Kaen uses Higuma as an unbalancing strike on Kasen

6.59s - Kaen follows up with Kinetic Blast on Kasen, sacrificing a sprite in the process [Miss]

8.19s - Kasen attempts a hidden action but cannot target Kaen

8.33s - Echo uses Water Whip on Kaen [Partial Hit]

10.00s - Echo attempts to use pressurized mist but is unable to target Kaen
Notes: Kasen you weren't able to perform your last action because of rounding >_>'

Any Questions, send them via discord. Actions please send through NC. I appreciate the cleanliness of your actions and links, thanks!

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Stopping to consider her options, Kasen felt a small swell of Same wanting to help the tidecaller out. Kasen's eyes grew dark behind the mirror, and she could tell there was a minor physique change, but outwardly there wouldn't be much indication that she had physically changed, just perhaps one where he energy could be felt. Attempting to find a solution to approach Kaen, she thought changing tactics might perhaps help her. However, Kaen vanished from sight. Neither she, not her dolphins could see him on the battlefield any longer. Kasen could still feel him, however, as he struck at her. The mirror body shattering on impact. Kasen lifted her hand to inspect, only to see the rigid cracks in the armor, and pieces falling away.

She stood there, just holding her hand to her face. She flexed her fingers. The mirror still molded around her, but yet the broken form did not repair. She supposed even after all this time she really hadn't gotten any better. She was still that same weak child in those cages. She supposed she had wanted to prove to herself that she could accomplish things. That's what this was for anyway. All she had done was prove that she couldn't do anything. Her brother was more skilled than she was, more powerful, smarter. Kasen had no business even being a shinobi. As the realization hit her, the fight within her dwindled to a small wisp.

Lowering her hand, Kasen looked back at Kaen, now having appeared. He was strong, his place was on the battlefield. Kaen could defeat anyone...she just thought she at least could hold her own. At this rate, she was starting to believe she wouldn't even be able to win against a student. Kasen....she wanted to help people, yet here she was not even being able to help herself. She slid to her knees, arms falling down at her side, head lowered. The weight of grief hit her all at once, a painful, searing agony that spread through her body. From the sidelines, her dolphins made small concerned chirping noises, trying to draw their master's attention. Kasen could not look at them. They were doing their best for her. Kasen wished she could say she was doing the same. She still had some things she felt may improve the situation for her, but ultimately she wasn't sure they would pan out. Nothing else was, at this rate. Kasen sighed. She needed to push on. She just needed to stand up again.

[sending actions]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A dull look was painted across his face, a certain disapproving demeanor rising up from within. Motionless he remained, water dripping from his long locks of crimson hair after one of Kasen's aquatic creatures had sullied his clothing and left him drenched from its last attack. A devious, yet mildly amused smile broke through the previously agitated expression. Already his clothing and hair were beginning to dry as Kaen's energy rose. The alternatively cold water that had met Kaen's unnaturally hot body had caused a light fog-like mist to envelope their portion of sandy turf. "I suppose this is where the fun begins..." Streaks of lightning-esk energy rippled around his body as he continued to pour energy into his next jutsu.

At last his jutsu was complete! Slamming his hand into the malleable terrain a web of intricate designs shot out to complete the summoning jutsu. An explosive plume of smoke erupted at Kaen's location, the sound of something heavy could be heard from within. Metal scraping metal, clanking and molding of material, the sounds of transformation gave hint to something powerful emerging. Just as it was debuted during the Long Night at the wall, Kaen would call upon his unstoppable armor once more. His sister was not a threat that required such measures, but if she wished to prove herself he would not give her the chance to say he didn't give it his all.

Now some may say this is cheating, an unfair advantage, but others may call it evolution or perhaps just being clever. But once upon a time this red headed sunan had a certain acquaintance that helped him unlock untapped potential within his genetic structure. While it may have had some help from various enzymes and other scientific jargon, Kaen's abilities increased none the less. Utilizing one of his many talents acquired over the years Kaen's body seemed to become blurred to a degree, not unlike a mirage. Side stepping another aquatic assault from Kasen's dolphin companions he sped towards his sister with his over-sized blade. Proceeding after his multi-faceted attack Kaen let loose a kinetic blast of chakra from his open palm to no avail. His trajectory was barely off as the blast kicked up a large cloud of sand while leaving a sizable crater in its wake. Through the sandy haze he could just make out Kasen's form sitting on the sand. Was she mocking him? Why of all times would she be sitting? His calculating mind ran through a number of scenarios but fell short of the truth. To him it only seemed like a ploy to drop his guard. "Get up and fight! You're stronger than this, better than this. I've seen you take a sandworm tendril to the gut. You still have some fight in you yet, now show it to me Kasen!" Hopefully his words would find their way to her fighting spirit and reignite the spark so fervently alive just minutes earlier.

[OOC MFT - Sending actions]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 3
141.jpg

Kasen
HP: 37131 - 1305 = 35826
CP: 26473 - 3435 = 23038
AP: 11 - 10 = 1
Maintains:[/B] Water Style (Reservoir), Earth Style(Shatter), Elemental Manifestation Stage 2, Supreme Aqua Realm
2628.jpg

Kaen
HP: 47573(900 thp) [can't heal due to ill. Dmg]
CP: 19982 - 3364 = 16618
AP: 11.75 - 11 = .75
AP next round: 10.75
QwTo2l0.png

Atlas
HP: 16800 - 4804 = 11996
CP: 16500 - 3000 = 13500
AP: 6 - .5 = 5.5
AP next round: 5.5

Sprinkles
CP: 33000 - 2400 - 1000 = 29600
AP: 3.5/7 (Soul Regalia) - 3.5 = 0/3.5
AP next round: 3.5/7
Maintains: Soul regalia. Tranquilize
xKfa0HP.png

Echo
HP: 16800 - 2747 = 14053
CP: 15640 - 3000 = 12640

Supreme Aqua Realm
Health: 7590

Round Actions​

0.45s - Kasen switches water style to Reservoir

1.43s - Sprinkles replicates a poison and applies it to… Himself? (The weapon that is)

1.70s - Kaen uses Top Spin on Kasen, Atlas, and Echo as an unbalancing strike [Critical, Full hit, Full hit, all poisoned]

1.70s - Kaen immediantly follows up with Antlion Sinkhole with Focus on Kasen, Atlas, and Echo and drops Morisei to the ground. He says 'why have you forsaken me, Weenie?' [Snatches up Atlas and Echo but misses Kasen]

1.81s - Kasen uses Liquid State

3.83s - Kaen uses Radiant Aura with special move on Atlas and Echo [success]

4.54s - Kasen uses Supreme Aqua Realm on herself and her summons

5.00s - Sprinkles uses Tranquilize on Kaen

6.38s - Kaen uses Concussion Pulse as a blind shot with Debilitate on Kasen, Atlas, and Echo, both using up and creating a sprite as is the circle of life [Full hit (stunned), full hit(stunned, suppressed), partial hit]

6.81s - Kasen uses Mystical Force on herself

8.08s - Kaen uses Dark Displacement using control

9.08s - Kasen scribes Medical Ward on herself with special action

Notes: Edited: There, hopefully it's good now.

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A slight tinge of purple hues spread across the massive blade Kaen wielded as he picked up speed towards his targets. In an incredible display of blade wielding prowess he was upon her, his mighty blade already in motion. The obsidian-esk sword cleaved through Kaen's sister like a hot knife to butter. Or I suppose in this case a sword through a quasi-immortal body composed of water. But his attack was only partially completed, he had two more to address. Using the momentum from his critical swing he would let loose his spinning blade of mayhem towards the ocean where Kasen's dolphin companions swam just below the surface. The sentient blade plunged itself into the water and made a beeline towards the aquatic creatures. The bladed end pushed aside the water like a shark fin rushing towards its prey and took a bite out of Atlas and Echo.

Meanwhile Kaen was already quick on the ball as his free hands formed new seals to focus his next attack, or spread it rather. Using innate abilities still relatively new to Kaen he would siphon away a part of Atlas and Echo's life force to fortify himself. In a turtle like fashion Kasen would envelope herself inside a massive orb of water, her and her pets floated safely within, or at least they thought they were safe! Though the water was hazy and it was difficult for Kaen to sense him he felt he knew what best to do. Approaching the sphere he would place his palms against the outer surface of the orb and let loose a shockwave of energy that pulsated within. Though it seemed he had managed to land a decisive blow the trio remained within. But this Hybrid was patient and would evaluate the situation. Focusing his energy a haze of shadows would envelope him as he channeled dark jutsu in preparation for what may come.

[ OOC I'm sorry, I'm so tired. I'm sure this post was a big pile of Fajita dung, but it needed to get done before I ran out of time. Sending actions <3 ]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Darkness. Like...tendrils spreading out from her heart, started to weigh her limbs down. She lifted her head slightly to Kaen's words. Get up? Stronger than this? No...that wasn't right. When Barnyx skewered her she was nothing more than a ragdoll. When the unbent attacked, nobody had truly needed her assistance. As the thoughts continued to eat at her, the mirror coating started to crack. Large spider-like patterns wove themselves across her body, pieces starting to fall and scatter within the sands until all that was left was Kasen. She managed to catch a glance at herself in the mirror. For a moment, she thought she saw Father...looking at her through the mirror, laughing at her. Kasen reached toward the piece, only for her to dissolve before she could. Next moment, she felt something cleave her side, pain radiating through her as she was flung from the beach into the water. As she started to sink, she saw in the peripheral of her vision Echo and Atlas dragged down into the depths of the ocean only for Kaen to chase give chase after them. Kasen weakly lifted her hand towards them. "No...leave them alone." Her voice felt like little more than reverberations under the water. Even as she felt her body respond and morph to her acclimated environment, she could only feel the tug of guilt ripping her apart.

Kasen knew that Atlas and Echo had swore to grant her aid should she need it, but they did not deserve to be harmed simply because their master wasn't strong or resilient. She had to watch as Kaen started to butcher them mercilessly. "Stop hurting them." Trying to pull herself together, Kasen forced the water currents around her, pulling the dolphins close to her as much as she could. From within the dome of water, Kasen placed a hand on each of the dolphin's heads. She could see their pain reflecting in their eyes. Kasen looked back to them sadly for a moment, hoping for a moment of reprieve. Still, she should have anticipated better. Kaen wouldn't be stopped by simple barricades. She sensed him tough the edge of the waters, only to blast agonizing sonic soundwaves through the water. Kasen felt her form break apart a thousand times over, lost within the confines of where she began and the water ended. The dolphins let loose screeches, thrashing about as they tried to shake loose of the hold. When the blast stopped, Kasen placed a hand to her chest, healing the wounds she had endured and scribing a sigil on herself. Her dolphins lie still, drifting. She shook them, unable to get a response from them. "Echo...come on....Atlas...this isn't funny..." Kasen shook them again. The dolphins still did not respond. "No...I'm sorry...I...this isn't what I wanted." Kasen placed her hands down on them, one on each. She could feel their heartbeats within. Perhaps they were just stunned momentarily. Still, the only thing that filled Kasen with was anger. Was he so deadset on winning that he had to hurt innocent animals? Even if she was weak and powerless and her destiny was to lose, why did they have to suffer? Because they wanted to help her? Because they cared for her? Did he so badly want to win that it meant taking everything from her? Kasen fists balled together tightly, her teeth biting down hard enough that even in her aquatic form, blood started to circulate over where he lips were. Kasen could not make out Kaen's form from within the dome she had made, and likely anything she did next would just be easily met with more loss, but she couldn't just let him kill her dolphins for sport. She had to do something.

[sending actions]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ROUND 4
141.jpg

Kasen
HP: 35826
CP: 23038 - 3587 = 19451
IR: 8250 - 2062 = 6188
AP: 11 - 10.5 = .5
AP next round: 10.5
Maintains: Water Style (Reservoir), Earth Style(Shatter), Crystallize
2628.jpg

Kaen
HP: 47573(900 thp) - 4615 = 43858
CP: 16618 - 3543 = 13075
AP: 10.75 -
AP next round: 12
QwTo2l0.png

Atlas
HP: 11996
CP: 13500 - 659 = 12841
AP: 6
AP next round: 6

Sprinkles
CP: 29600 - 2900 = 26700
AP: 3.5/7 (Soul Regalia)
AP next round: 3.5/7
Maintains: Soul regalia. Tranquilize
xKfa0HP.png

Echo
HP: 14053
CP: 12640 - 385 = 12255

Specter Shade(s)
One
HP: 6000
CP: 600
AP next round: 3

Two
HP: 6000
CP: 600
AP next round: 3

Round Actions​

1.67 Tsuku creates Energy drink for Kaen and uses it on him

1.82 Kasen uses Vanishing World on Kaen

2.33 Kaen uses World Shatter

3.33 Echo uses a hidden action on Kaen [Miss]

4.09 Kasen uses Crystallize

4.19 Kaen uses Active Camo

4.65 Kaen performs a hidden action, there's two of him now and Kasen is aware they are both clones

6.05 Kaen performs a hidden action

7.91 Kaen's hidden action is a hidden action

6.67 Atlas uses Ionic Borealis [Failed]

6.82 Kasen uses Grand Hydra Excavation [Failed]

7.73 Kasen uses Antidote from her pouch

8.33 Atlas uses Pressurized Mist with Sap Guard [failed]
Notes: I kind of rushed on this one and then rushed more to fix a mistake soooo... let me know if anything seems off.

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As a refreshing wave of energy slowly seeped into his system a large concussive wave of energy blasted him away. His body reeled and rolled down the beachfront, large gashes in the sand were left in his wake, each bounce and roll leaving another one of these signs in the sand. Finally managing to catch his balance, and a piece of beach, he would slowly skid to a stop. Channeling tremendous energy through his body he would let loose a fiery, consuming blast along the beach. Boulders, trees and sandy dirt alike were tossed asunder in the wake of this display of power. Fueled by the powerful chakra that flowed through Kaen's Flame Court veins the debris would be suspended in air leaving a fragmented and torn battleground between the two Hybrids. It was dark and difficult to see, gravity seemed to be non-existent with large rocks and limbs floating and bumping into each other.

Though it was difficult for kasen to make anything out in regards to Kaen's actions hidden inside the darkness, she could tell he was up to no good having easily spotted a pair of clones. But Kaen was still nowhere to be seen, and she knew not what he planned in the darkness. Not even her companions could find him. He would continue to plot, as any Anbu would, from the murky shadows. Stalking his prey, methodically thinking out the next course of attack hoping to gain victory over his contrasting sister. But it would have to wait for a moment, critical thinking would need to be had before any forward progression could be made for either party.

[OOC official B modding is complete. Any additional fighting will be done via RP. Thank you for your hard work, Chi. Now somebody pay the man!]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Unsure of how to greet her he opted to silently sit down across from her. Taking the cigarette from his mouth he would drop it to the ground and crush it under foot to put it out. "Married huh?" With a somber tone he would initiate the conversation. "That's not something I thought us Shinkus would get the pleasure of experiencing..." He was of course referring to their constant life of living on the run from place to place. What was once just a pit stop on their chaotic life, Suna and managed to find a place in their heart and remained ever since. '

This entire time, Kasen still had not been able to bring herself to look at Kaen. "I want to be better." It made her irritated that here she was, pouring her heart out to her only family with such vigor and passion. Why did it feel so...wrong. It felt like she was explaining herself, like she was guilty for feeling like this, and for not talking to him sooner. What held her back? She knew she could always talk to Kaen, but this felt like a trial, not a discussion. Hell, the poor man across the table had not even said a word against her and she was feeling undone.

The anxieties in her mind started to spin, envisioning the absolute worst. She had thought it may be a good idea to fight Kaen, feel like perhaps that would stop all of the insecurities spinning in her mind. Had she truly lost touch with him so much that she felt the only resolute way to be his equal would be to fight him? She was a medic, it was literally her job to do as little harm as she could. Kaen was a war machine. They had roles that conflicted, total opposites, but they still completed pieces to one another. Kaen was strength and hard decisions, Kasen was comfort and diplomacy. A raging fire and a healing balm. In her mind, she could still only see her downfall, the worst possible scenario came to her mind. How long had she sat here daydreaming? Kasen looked over to two men that sat at the bar nearby. One was Tama, and another looked to be that Mikaboshi fellow. Somehow they got wrapped up in her fear induced anxiety dream.

Kasen let out a long sigh, leaning back in her chair. She finally met Kaen's eyes. It didn't look like there was any anger or hostility there, just the eyes of her brother. "I....sorry, I spaced out. I guess I just feel like we haven't properly talked. I feel like we circulate within our own lives, but they don't feel connected like they used to. There's been a lot of heavy decisions and information that we've just never made the time to discuss or share and I hate feeling like we're growing apart. You'll always be my big brother, but I want you to always be my dearest friend too." Kasen would hold her hand out, hoping that Kaen would be inclined to take it.

It felt awkward sitting here pouring out all of her feelings but all of the stress and anger she was holding in suddenly felt unwarranted. Kaen would never reject her or turn her away. Most of what he did ended up being to help her. Maybe it wasn't the most promising start to their conversation, and she wasn't sure how long she had been a weirdo, stuck in her own head, but maybe things will not turn out so terribly if she just communicated instead of trying to continue to be nonverbal about her problems in the first place.

[OOC: Due to personal reasons, Kaen and I came to a decision to make the fight sequence something that Kasen envisioned in her head. This was the best decision on both our parts. Also, short post is short, so I'm sorry.]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With an inquisitive look he listened as Kasen finally broke free from her tormenting daydream. He shared similar sentiments to all things she mentioned and his expression grew softer and less hardened as she expressed her thoughts and feelings further. Upon offering up her hand he would pause for only a moment as he stared at her small, gentle hand. Kaen would take her hand in both of his and embrace it with a soft, but firm squeeze. "Oh Kasen..." He would start, his tone not that of annoyance or pity, but one filled with sincere compassion and reassurance. "You're always going to be my number one. There isn't another soul alive that I would trust more than you. I do feel this rift between us and it troubles my heart as well." He would try to give a tender smile, albiet filled with sharp teeth that mostly just said 'rawr me scary' but it wasn't meant to be taken that way. But she, most of all, could understand. She herself had a mouthful of razor sharp teeth, sharper than his own he imagined. Her's was more natural due to her personal affinities.

"Kasen, I only want for your happiness. You're safety, of course, but your happiness first. It's been over twenty years since that place. I doubt they even think we're alive anymore. I see no reason to run or hide any longer, especially since we've come to consider Sunagakure our home. If this Riyota is going to make you happy, then I say run as fast as you can towards it. I know there is only so much I can offer as your brother, it may be time for me to let go of the past, and in turn stop treating you like some helpless prisoner." Kaen was ramping up for a small speech, but now was the time for talking. It only made sense now, most of all, to express every inkling of feelings, worries, etc. "It feels like only a few years ago that we arrived, back when you were still studying under that Byaaku fellah, and I was up to no good. A lot has changed since then, we've changed, many times over in fact. I've always been watching, it always felt like my responsibility to do so. I've had the priviledge of watching you grow, make connections, expereince incredible difficulties and give a big F you to death a few times. And you still get back up, you still keep that same positive outlook on life. Kasen, i'm in awe of who you've become. I'm so proud of the woman you've turned into, I love you dearly." His hands were still holding hers, he did not want to let go. He was afraid to lose her because she was the only person that could ever hope to fully understand who he was and where he had come from.

[OOC MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back