Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Self Exploration - Academy Arc 1 (Open)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“If you need anything else found out kid let me know, but right now I have to go and run somewhere. I will not be long. It was nice meeting you anyway got to head out, catch you around. Remember study hard and don’t do anything stupid”

Takeshi looked over to the commotion, in a few seconds he was stood beside the armed men his eyes looking at them with a stiff face of anger. His arms around their shoulder guards and a small smile on his face.

“Now guys, let’s not start trouble with one of my fellows here shall well we. It wouldn’t end well for you….”

His eyes span from the usual green to the red of the Sharingan, a small sinister grin formed on his lips as he looked back to Manzo. He allowed a small nod of respect to the man knowing full well that he was just trying to help at that moment in time. He allowed his eyes to glance to each men that he had found as he stood by the group.

“Manzo doesn’t know anyone or anything, so shall we go gentlemen. Let me help you with the search I am sure that we can find who you are looking for, if I remember rightly one of my ANBU said they saw a person like that wandering through maple town.”

It was clearly a distraction but with the gentle push of the Sharingan it worked like a charm, as he watched the men turn and start heading that way he looked back to Manzo. His Sharingan still glancing towards the man. As he paused for a few seconds once they were out of earshot he turned to Manzo.

“The girl that you are talking to. Keep her safe, you are going to find out what’s going on, that is an order to you. I will follow the men and see what is happening. Keep her safe this is now your issue, nice to meet you as well student. Keep studying hard!”

With that Takeshi allowed the red eyes to change back to his normal green as he followed the guards to help them with their pointless search.

[Topic Left]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Takeshi defused the situation with the power of his eyes, Manzo watched as the troop of hunters walked away, presumably towards Maple town. It wasn’t how he would have dealt with the situation but then he did not have the power of the Sharingan so he had to use a different tool set.

It was most likely better that Takeshi dealt with it anyway, Manzo’s way would have likely led to some blood shed and he still didn’t have a full grasp on the complete story.

Turning to the girl he spoke “Well it looks like you are safe for now. While I was going to push for you to get some sleep the situation has officially changed. When you are given an order from your Captain, you have to follow it.” Manzo was still mentally struggling with the ANBU coming out of the shadows, which is why he hadn’t announced his rank but saying that the ANBU captain was his captain was his way of going around his subconscious.

”So here is what has to happen now. You now are going to have to tell me the full story of what is going on. Once that is done then we can worry about sleep. I will give you the option though, we can talk here at the academy or we can go someplace you would feel safer.” this had to be riling up the kunoichi and as much as Manzo didn’t to call it or make it feel like an interrogation, that is what he had been ordered to do. He would try and soften the blow as much as possible though.

”If we talk here or someplace else, you can know that I will let no harm come to you while you are under my care.”

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
wC303TN.png
The armed men just look at Takeshi for a moment with the one who seemed to be in the lead raising a brow at the man's advances. The fact that Takeshi traveled such a long route in such a hurry to confront the men, who were actually barely within visual distance of Manzo and Kaori, was both astounding and terrifying. The dogs that were tethered to the men lashed out towards Takeshi, being held back by their leashes, as a frothy foam started to form upon their lips. The look of a killer could be seen in the creatures eyes as they continued to snap towards Takeshi. "Oiy! You must be one of them ninja things, ain't ya?" the lead Templar said with a very distinct accent; a foreign accent that wasn't from these parts.

The reference to the man, Manzo, was made as the three of them turned to look towards the man in the distance. They all took a mental snapshot of the man's face and name for a moment before turning to look back towards Takeshi. The three of them glared at him in absolute disgust as the dogs continued to go ravenous, barking and pulling furiously in the direction of the green haired shinobi. "Maple Town, ya say? Funny that the dogs are pulling towards you. You wouldn't be pulling our leg, would ya?" the man asked for a moment before the sharingan was activated. 2 of the men, the followers in this group, nudged the boss of this trio and hooked their head in the direction of Maple Town.

"Fine," the man said as he pointed towards Manzo. "If we don't find her there, that little shit will become our dog's next meal," he said as he tugged on the dogs, who seemed unaffected by the corruption of the Sharingan. "Alright, blokes, let's go to Maple Town," he said. They attempted to move away from the forest only to have the dogs remain stalwart. They continued to bark at a location just passed Takeshi. They had Kaori's scent and they didn't want to deviate from it, even if their human counterparts were dumb enough to fall for suggestion. "C'mon, you dumb mutts," the man said before kicking the dog he was leashed to in the ribs, causing it to whimper in pain. He went over to the other two dogs and kicked them in the ribs to get them in-line as well. After the swift kicks, the three men and their dogs took off in the other direction towards Maple Town.

"If that Dragon Bitch ain't at Maple Town, we're going to find that Manzo and burn his place down. What ya think of that mates?" the man asked, only speaking loud enough for his companions to hear. They snickered a bit and headed towards Maple Town.

After the group left, Kaori's heart began to slow down in pace as well as her breathing pattern. The color started to return to her face as she turned to look towards Manzo. Certainly, he was given orders to figure out the situation, but it really wasn't his concern nor was it really any of these shinobi's concerns on why she was being chased to begin with. The Shrine is an autonomous entity and thus the problems with the Shrine were solely her problem. What is it with these shinobi and pushing their rank around to bully those weaker than them. Do these scummy ninja not know when to stick their noses out of other's business? Of course not, they were ninja. However, in this instance, it wasn't their problem.

She didn't particularly care for the structure of these barbaric ANBU. They think they are so cool because they have masks and do super spy/assassin things. If this was their true nature, she was glad she didn't pick this barbarous route. Kaori glared at the man as he ordered her to divulge everything from the reason why she's being chased to why she was hiding: the entire situation. Now the question that popped up into Kaori's mind is 'what would Manzo do if she refused to tell her?' Would he imprison her and force an answer out or keep her locked up until the situation blows over or until she talked? Either response didn't seem to work for her. She was held captive in the Shrine for her entire life and the only time she decided to break away from the Shrine, and to save her own life, she is now encountering the stupid processes of the shinobi village.

"It's really none of your business," she said hastily cutting him off from finishing what he was saying. "Just know that I'm not a criminal in the village and those people are bad people. It's none of Konoha's problem. This is strictly a Shrine problem," she said as she wormed a hand behind her back to, as discretely as possible, rummage through her bag to find an item that'll help her escape from the grasp of this shinobi. "It's not a concern for the ANBU to know what's going on with me as it's something I have to deal with. Neither the Shrine, nor the Village will capture me. If you need something to tell your superiors," she said as her hand came up with nothing. She didn't pack smoke bombs or flash bombs. She had a bit of medicine and oil flasks in her bag. She mentally cursed as she moved her hand away from the bag and back to being completely visible.

"that it's something that I have to deal with on a personal level," she continued without skipping a beat. There wasn't any actual pause between her introduction to the sentence and the finish. "If you let me go, I swear the Shrine won't be a problem for the village," she finished. Hopefully, Manzo allows her to do as she wished or things can get very complicated for her. She doesn't want to be a prisoner, regardless of intention or faction. She just wants her freedom.

WC: 1007
[MFT]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This girl was starting to get frustrating with her avoidance of questions. Despite having the thugs being sent off, then tailed by Takeshi, she didn’t seem grateful for it, more just annoyed that anyone would dare to ask questions.

It was interesting to hear the thugs talk about what he could only guess was a title for the girl. But the other comments and their actions were definitely troubling. This situation was quickly evolving into one that Manzo did not like. It was quickly turning into a situation that was more and more something officially needed to be dealt with.

It was concerning how they so freely talked about feeding a girl to the dogs, it was even more concerned about how they felt they could get away with it. They had just admitted to wanting to harm the village and its citizens. But since Takashi had followed them, he would let him deal with them for now. He would most certainly need to talk with Takashi about what he found while tailing them.

His task was to deal with this girl. It seemed that the nice and friendly approach was no longer going to work. It was time to put his work face on and deal with her, not as a little girl but as a suspect that has information about a threat to the village, which she had become. It was not a transition that he relished but one that had become necessary.

Despite that he would give her one last chance. The friendly tone was now gone. His voice was now that of seriousness and business.

”The problem is it has become my business. From what I have seen, both from your actions, and words and the ones that had been hunting you, there is obviously a threat to the village. Any threat must be investigated and properly dealt with for the safety and security of the villagers. The ANBU that you do not believe it is their business to know, it is in their mandate to protect which is why I wanted you to go to the ANBU captain, you would have been safe next to him, as you just were when he sent the Shrine hunters away. But ANBU or not any shinobi of the village should want to protect the village. ” What were they teaching in the academy these days that such blatant disregard for the village was fostering.

”I can no longer just take your word that this shrine is no longer a threat. I can not just take your word that you are not a criminal without knowing anything about you. After all, I have yet to meet a criminal that did not think they weren't a criminal.”

Taking a breath he delivered the ultimatum. ”I have tried to be nice to you, trying to get you get some rest and food but events have escalated where I can no longer be the nice person I prefer to be. So now you can tell me all about this Shrine and why they are hunting you. You can either tell me here and now or we can take this conversation to a place less hospitable where you will stay until the investigation is over and any threats have been dealt with. Either way I can’t just stop investigating the threat at your word.”

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
wC303TN.png
Is this a Leaf shinobi thing or is this Manzo guy just blindly following orders without considering what's going on? Perhaps she should question him on his diet and anything he deemed uncomfortable to talk about. Perhaps she should ask him about the birds and the bees; she was at that age to learn about that stuff so why not? Regardless of the reason why he was ordered to do this and regardless of whether or not this was how the typical shinobi of Konoha operated, she had to say something. If she just kept telling the man that it was none of his business, she'd probably get struck by this man or even worse. Then again, it isn't surprising that living weapons would be the ones to assault the obvious victim in this scenario.

"For the last time, the Shrine doesn't want anything to do with the village. They want ME," she said as she pointed at herself. Unless SHE was the embodiment of the village, the ANBU are blowing things out of proportion. Not that anything she would say would mean anything. He didn't trust her at her word, so why would anything she say even matter? He wouldn't believe a single thing she said anyway, even if what she said was the truth. Was this an underhanded ANBU tactic to confuse Kaori or was this the squawking of an inept man trying to be intimidating with his words? Either way would be a suiting answer in Kaori's eyes. "So you want me to talk about what's happening, but you also won't believe me at my word? Does that mean that no matter what I say, you won't believe me regardless? Is that just cold-hearted or inept?" she asked rhetorically. He probably won't take that too kindly.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at the man for a moment. "If you really want to know, then sit down and get comfortable. We're going to be here for a while," she said before clearing her throat. "It all started six hundred years ago. A woman by the name of Tenkawa Sen was a priestess in a far away land. She was loved by everyone throughout the land for her auspicious mannerisms. She was kind to the sick, the elderly, the snobbish, and even the privileged. Everyone and anyone was capable of receiving her love and her blessing. Some people see her as the embodiment of everything that was good with the world," she said as she shuffled a bit on the tree, placing her hands behind her back, using it to cushion herself against the large bark-covered exterior. She adjusted her view on the man for a moment before clearing her throat.

"Aren't ANBU supposed to wear masks? What's the point of wearing a mask when people openly state they are ANBU? That's like asking a con-artist what his cons are," she simply stated before shaking her head, disregarding that thought any further before continuing the story. "Anyway, Sen's reputation was so well known that a local lord had summoned her to become his personal priestess. Finding the invitation as a great honor, she went to the capital city of that province and met with the local lord. He was a cold and sinister man that thought of just himself, leaving his people in an impoverished state. The land bore wealth, as much wealth as the provincial lord, but he seized all of the assets from the people and forced them under his iron fist. Kinda like what you're doing to me right now since the Shrine isn't after the village, just me. The provincial lord sought after Sen for her beauty and chastity."

"He invited her to his home under the guise of teaching him her teachings only for that to be a ruse. He wished to bed with Sen only for Sen to grant strict refusal of the provincial lord and she returned to her home province. The provincial lord sent out men, terrible men with terrible hounds of war, to go retrieve her. The men were swift and efficient, quickly piercing through the countryside to follow Sena. They killed no man, no woman, no elderly, nor any children. The men had 1 goal in mind and it was to capture Sena. Even after tracking her down to her home, they killed no man, no woman, no elderly, nor any children. They weren't there for a massacre, they were there specifically for the Shrine Priestess."

"The villagers heard of the men returning and held their shrine priestess captive under the guise of 'protecting her' or 'protecting their village from harm'. She knew, full well, that the men weren't there to harm the village, but to take back what the provincial lord thought belonged to him. Sena. He wanted to know more about her, the insides and out. Even with as cruel as he is, he knew that if he killed people indiscriminately, they would one day rise up to kill him. This is the reason why he sent out his hunters with the restriction of 'no killing' in the first place. But the villagers that she called her family didn't believe her. They didn't believe that the provincial lord would send people out and not kill them, knowing how oppressive the provincial lord was. Regardless of her telling the villagers that the men weren't a threat to their village and only wanted her, they didn't believe her. Regardless of all of the good work she had done for the village, they still forsaken her. Due to her desire to resist giving them the reason for the chase, they, in turn decided to lock her up for the time being. The one that is the hero of the story became a victim in the eyes of an ignorant group," she stated.

She cleared her throat and pushed out her hips a bit to move her hands, seeing depressions of the bark imprinted into her palm, she returned to crossing her arms and leaning against the tree with her back. "Priestess Sena was held captive by the village and even if the pursuers were denied their ability to hunt for her, they remained and occupied the village. They ate, drank, and even cheered jovially with the village. They were no perceived threat but lingered as long as their target, Priestess Sena, was their captive. They didn't get rowdy nor did they harm the locals. The rule of the provincial lord was absolute and they followed it to the letter. One day, out of the many days she was captured by the land she grew to love, she was approached by a man belonging to the village. He asked her 'why won't you tell us what's going on?' only for her to respond with 'They only want me, they want no trouble for the village'. Sadly, for Sena, they still didn't believe her. The man she talked to was the leader of the village watch," she said as she pushed herself off of the tree and yawned a bit. She wasn't even remotely close to being finished with this story. The man wanted to hear the story, a story he will receive. Whether he believed it or not is entirely up to him.

"The Town Watch organized a band to attack the group of pursuers, even if they did nothing to harm them. The Town Watch was quickly dispatched by the much more powerful group and eventually, the village relented and handed Sena over to the pursuers. In her last moments in the village, she cursed the village. She grew up in this village and she grew to love the people and surroundings of this village. However, the village abandoned her and didn't take her for her word and she grew to resent the village for turning their backs on her. She wanted to keep the village protected, but all they did was grow suspicious of her and treat her like an outsider. She cursed the village once more and was taken back to the provincial capital where she was forced to bed with the provincial leader. It was that night, during a dream where she received a vision from what she could only perceive as a dragon. She told this dream to the provincial leader only for him to grow more and more engrossed in it," she said tilting her head to one side, popping her neck.

It was at this point that she didn't particularly care if the man was still listening or not. If he was a professional, he'd still be listening. He'd have clung to every single word that she was saying. He might grow hasty and either cut her off or tell her to get to the point, but that wouldn't serve the story any justice. He did, after all, want to know what's going on so telling him from the very beginning is what needed to be done. Being that the man seemed cynical to begin with, he'd perceive everything she said as a lie anyway and throw her in the slammer regardless of what was told. People are just stubborn like that; this one, in particular, most likely included. Or hell, she might not have even gotten passed her petty little insult without harming the man's ego enough for him to want to strike her. If an insult like that injured his pride to the point of violence, then he is a sad, sad man indeed.

She continued. "After discovering the contents of Sena's dream, he brought her to a dragon statue that resided within his province. The statue was hidden away in a small enclosure in the forest with a meadow surrounding the dragon statue. Sunlight struck the statue perfectly, making it look like something you'd see hanging up on a person's wall. A picturesque painting near a massive tree. The natives called this the Dragon Guardian of the Great Tree. They believed that the statue sustained the tree and the tree sustained the Dragon Statue with immense power and the ability to hold the spirit of a dragon. The provincial lord urged her to press her hand upon the statue and after doing so, the statue seemed to burst to life. Energy started to wrap around the statue and a strange aura started to spill out of the statue, speaking to the provincial lord, Sena, and the provincial lord's entourage. It spoke in a booming voice like thunder. 'Who dares to disturb my slumber? No mere mortal is capable of stirring me awake, only one with special qualities is capable of performing such a feat. A Shrine Priestess was the one that stirred me awake? That is quite peculiar. Come, Shrine Priestess, let me give you the knowledge that I have,' said the dragon to Sena," she said and with very subtle movements, she started to move her pouch behind her back, each movement appearing to look like a minor shuffling of her position. "Sena touched the statue only for the statue to begin rumbling and release a bright glowing light."

"Many months later, Sena gave birth to a child. A child born with horns and white eyes, one that was 'blessed' by the Dragon. During the time of her pregnancy, Sena had gained a large following behind the Great Dragon. She demonstrated the Dragon's spirit to the non-believers and she was the one who spoke through the Dragon to the people in her flock. So the birth of her first child seemed to have been a blessing from the Dragon. A girl born with the horns of the Dragon and with the white eyes of the Dragon. She was born as the new 'Remedy to the World'. This girl grew up and she had many siblings throughout her life. Most of these siblings saw Sena's daughter as a god figure while the others saw her as a monster born only for one purpose. This daughter of her's, named Shina, was cursed with being the next Dragon Priestess. As Sena was the originator of the Dragon Priestesses, she was exempt from the ceremony but Shina wasn't so fortunate. She bore the blessing of the Dragon," she said as she removed the ribbon from her hair to expose her thick black horns sprouting from her head. She normally wouldn't show anyone these horns out of fear of ridicule or accusations of being something other than human, but right now seemed to be the proper time to do so.

"Those born with these traits are sacrificed to the Great Dragon as a means of sating it's hunger. So if you really want to know why I'm running away from those templars, it's because I'm a Shrine Priestess; a 'Remedy to the World'. It is their belief that sacrificing me to sate the Great Dragon's hunger will cure the world from an oppressive death. Pick your end-of-the-world scenario, it doesn't matter. The people at the Shrine believe that all apocalyptic scenarios bare some truth to them, all stemming from not sating the hunger of the Great Dragon; the one what protects us all. I'm not running away from them to escape the ritual, I'm running away from them to find the truth behind the Great Dragon. And you being here is interfering with my pursuit of the truth. The Paladins aren't going to hurt your village. They won't harm the people and they won't destroy the structures. They are bound to uphold the code and order given by the one responsible for carrying out the ritual. You and your boss are just getting in my way. Now let me go," she said in a rather demanding manner. "The story I gave you should suffice, so let me go."

[MFT: 2289]
So much for the proper time to reveal the story when it was right. Thanks.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo patiently listened to the whole story, only briefly interrupting to answer her question. ” The ANBU Sennin gave orders that the ANBU would be de-masked” He did not want to get into his thoughts on that order, they were irrelevant for this place or for this audience. You could rail all you wanted about order amongst your peers or in private but when it came to the public only a united front would do.

While he listened to the story he watched the girl. He watched her body language and partially her eyes. He wanted to see if they showed the visual indicators of someone that was lying, while listening for the audio ques of someone trying to make up a story on the spot. He was happy to find that he did not find any.

So the long story she gave was true, or at least she believed it to be true and yet it was very troubling. Once she was done he spoke. ” First I think I need to clear up a misconception. When I say the village I don’t necessarily mean the building and the land. That is important but not nearly as much as the citizens that reside there. Building can be rebuilt, human life less so. When I was saying that the shrine is a threat to the village, I mean you as well. “

Despite Manzo’s best intentions the situation with this girl had grown to tense for him to help her personally. ” where is the shrine based out of? Are the inside the village or did they cross over the boarders to find you?” He needed to hunt them down, that he could do to help her. But the food, sleep and the desperate need to clean some of the dirt off of her, she was to antagonistic to him now that he couldn’t help her. Nor did he really have the right skills set for helping children this way.

After she would answer his question he would proceed talking to her. ” The question of what to do with you is still the one that we have to deal with. I know you want me to let you go so you can keep running. But that does you no good. The fact of the matter is you are being hunted, to be sacrificed which last I checked is still a crime, and despite the fact that you might not want to hear this you still are a minor.

I could put you in protective custody while these criminals are hunted down but I think there are better people here in the village that can help you. “
Reaching up he touched the button on his headset he placed a call to the hospital. ” Requesting someone from child services to come to the Academy Training grounds.”

He was sure that was something she did not want to hear but they would better prepare to deal with her immediate situation. Who knows maybe after she got some reset and food she would see things a little differently.

[ooc: placing a call to Yumme/Yomi]
[MFT:519]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi's OOTD:
YzJQXlf.jpg
“Yomi, line one. Yomi, line one.”

As Yomi was about to leave the hospital to get Besito she was paged. She went to the nurse’s station and picked up the blinking line. It was the main floor’s information desk. Apparently, someone had requested Yume’s presence thinking she’d be here. How many people knew she was doing medical training? Not many, Yomi was sure of that. Perhaps they were looking for Yuri? All their names were similar and she couldn’t fault anyone for confusing their names. Heck, there were even two Yomi’s at the hospital. Answering the phone an information desk representative told her that a child needed assistance at the Training Grounds and that a medical staff member was needed. More specifically they requested some sort of Child Protective Services.

Her brow furrowed at the notion that the medical staff doubled as Children’s Welfare. She supposed Medical was as close to something like that as the village got but why wasn’t the Main Branch equipped to handle this and subsequently called? Maybe it was the Main Branch who called? The information desk didn’t volunteer any other information and she didn’t bother to ask. Truthfully, she wouldn’t be going out of her way to see about this as her beloved wolf was hanging out in the woods of the training grounds anyway.

She entered the woods, making her way toward the two, assuming it was them who called. They seemed to be off to the side, not hidden too much but she found them okay. Scanning the woods briefly looking for Besito wondering if he too was watching them from a distance. She had no doubt that once she entered the forest he would pick her scent up and be on guard until she either came to him or called for him to come. A man stood over a little girl. This brought her back to a time before she had come to the village. The scene did not sit right with the Goddess.

“What’s going on here?” She asked as she clasped her hands in front of her mouth.

[MFT: WC: 300+]
[Topic Entered with Besito (NPC) somewhere hiding in the Woods]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
wC303TN.png
The ANBU were ordered to be unmasked? Now that's just silly thinking. It was in Kaori's mind that the ANBU were supposed to be elite assassins that concealed their faces and identities so they could do covert things with the safety of keeping themselves, their friends, and their families safe from harm. Perhaps her thoughts about the ANBU were incorrect. Kaori tilted her head as the man tried to clear the air about who he meant in regards to the village. She knew full well what he meant and she stuck by her word that the Shrine Knights pursuing her meant absolutely no harm to the village; to include the villagers. Then a question was posed to her about the location of the Shrine. She had no reason to answer that as that was her home.

Kaori sucked air between her teeth at what the man believed to know what's good for her. She curled her lip a bit out of annoyance. The only person who knew what was best for her was her, not anyone else; this includes this pretentious man named Manzo. Regardless of if she was being hunted or not was her problem and she was still quite adamant about that. Other than classes, she had seen no real reason to see why her life was so important to the village; not when her life sacrificed could save many, many more in the process. While Kaori didn't know whether to believe the reasoning behind the ritual or not, she felt that Occam's Razor was the best bet when it comes to something like this. After all, this was either the product of reality or complete and utter manipulation. Whichever the answer was, it was best to not test it.

Protective custody, pfft. The first moment she got to escape from this place, the better. Her best bet was to get out of the village and detract their attention away from the village. The further she went away, the longer it would take the Shrine Knights to restock their supplies or even send reinforcements. The Shrine Knights had to find a small girl in a big country rather than finding her within the enclosed walls of this village; which she deemed a prison since birth. It wasn't any fault of the village that she deemed it this way, but the Shrine continued to keep her within the walls of the Shrine and then only widened her imprisonment to the walls of the village. She wanted to be free, to see the world and everything that it could bare. Now even the shinobi in this village wanted to keep her locked in like a caged bird within these walls and, even more restrictive, within the walls of a building. The walls where this 'Child Protective Services' would take her.

It was at this point that Kaori wondered where Yume was. She hadn't seen Yume in a while and it made her sad to think that something had happened to her or that she might be avoiding her for some reason. Must've been something the Manager did. No, even if he was a zombified creep, he wouldn't do something like that. It wasn't long until she was met by an older woman who was a medic claiming to be part of the Child Protective Services. Kaori looked her over and crossed her arms over her chest and turned her head in a huff. At least it's better that she goes here then deal with that Manzo creep.

"What's going on here? This guy called you to take me away, that's what," she said, still not happy with the situation she was in. Stupid ninja in this stupid village interfering with her stupid problems. Why people couldn't let ones deal with their own problems if they desire it is still beyond Kaori.

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seeing the medic approached Manzo felt a bit relieved perhaps she would be better to deal with the child than Manzo was. She had started the conversation with Manzo barely able to keep her eyes open to now she was wide-awake. Her fight or flight responses must be really opened up in here to give her such a boost. It was just amusing that it seemed she was experiencing both flight and flight. Flight from the paladins and fight, at least verbally with Manzo. When she got somewhere quiet, he was willing to be she was going to crash. By then Manzo would be on the hunt.

Manzo waved the medic over, this was not a conversation that was meant to be had over any kind of distance. ”Good afternoon, my name is Manzo, I am the one that called for assistance.” He addressed the medic ignoring the outburst ”The problem is this student is being hunted, and as you can see she appears to be without a safe place to stay, eat, get clean and most importantly get some rest. We are already tracking the people that are hunting her I just need to make sure she is taken care of.” It was strange, it seems that Manzo had been around her long enough that he had stop to notice the girls smell, at least until he started to think about it again.

Manzo waited to see if the medic had any questions for him, before he said his goodbyes and headed off, he wanted to see how far Takashi had gotten following the paladins. He was hoping that they could track them all the way back to the rest of their group.

[topic left]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi had no questions for Manzo. His story seemed a little odd, but, the details she would get from the girl in front of her. Further, Yomi questioned his reasoning. If he wanted to keep herself, he was equipped to do so as any ninja of the hidden leaf would be. She watched him walk away before she brought her attention to the girl in front of her. Yomi whistled a low pitched whistle before motioning to help Kaori up, not to insistent on whether the girl would accept the help or not. The Goddess eyed Kaori. The darkness under her eyes was offset by the fiery anger within them. She had known the look of 'determined exhaustion' all to well. Yomi smiled a little, sensing the fighting spirit within her.

"I'm Yomi. What might your name be?" The medical ninja would wait for a reply before she continued.

"Do you have a place to stay? If you can stay with me, at least for the night." Yomi meant that Asuka would put her up for the night. It was akin to Yomi bringing a stray home. Asuka would not be too pleased, but, oh well. Yomi had no intention of coddling Kaori, but, as usual, the woman felt a strong desire to help a girl in need.

Besito slowly approached the two from behind Yomi so that Kaori would see his approach. She hoped that his appearance didn't startle Kaori too much as he was a very rare site for anyone unaccustomed to beasts of his size. Moreover she hoped that Kaori didn't run at the sight of him, she didn't have her "chase them" shoes on, only her "bloody shoes".

"Don't be alarmed. He's my beloved pet. His name is Besito." Yomi said as he got closer. Besito nuzzled Yomi's back as softly as he could muster without pushing her over. Her hand instinctively went to pet his soft white fur.

"Please allow him to carry you to my home. There you can have a meal, a nap, and a wash. We can ride him together if you perfer." Yomi didn't think that her request was ridiculous and believed that the girl would acquiesce. Even though she was a Goddess, she could not simply be used as Deus Ex Yomi to people in need. She would get Kaori's story for her efforts.

[TLUS]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
wC303TN.png
The ANBU finally left, leaving her with just the medic. She looked at the medic person evenly. She was thin due to being malnourished, dirty and with an acrid odor due to not having been able to shower, and there were massive bags under her eyes due to the lack of sleep. She didn't seem to be in good shape. After looking at the woman before, she seemed to vaguely recognize her from the class that she had attended not to long before she started being on-the-run from these stupid Shrine Knights.

Soon after, Yomi asked for her name. "Tenkawa Kaori," she simply responded, not really going into detail about anything else unless asked. She had every motivation to run away afterward, when given an opening to do so. She was then offered a place to stay. At least living in another person's house is more hospitable than the threats of imprisonment from that inept ANBU. "You're not an asshole like that ANBU person is, are you?" she asked simply. She was too tired and too stressed out right now to beat around the bush. She wanted to know if she was being detained or not. If she was being detained, she'd want no part of this. However, if she was free to go as she pleased, she'd be more than willing to comply. A caged bird does not like cages.

A massive animal came from out of nowhere, causing Kaori to quickly hide in front of Yomi. She has had enough with dogs for today and seeing a massive one just made things, and her anxiety, much worse. This one, however, was much different than the ones that the Paladins had. This didn't bark at her nor had this burning desire to tear her limb-from-limb. The animal went to Yomi's back, causing Kaori to back away from Yomi for a moment. Her stomach growled and she sighed, slumping her shoulders. "Okaaaaaaay." At least this woman wasn't offering to throw her in jail, that was a bonus, at least. With her compliance, she followed Yomi and Besito back to Yomi's place.
Kindness begets kindness.
It is easier to attract bees with honey
Than it is with vinegar.​
A phrase that the ANBU should learn instead of being try-hards.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back