Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Senti-mints [Open/Iori/Setsuko/Uri]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((Continued from here))

The decent into the village was a quiet one. The clank and whirling of pulleys could be heard echoing a little above them the deeper they went but this was all a dull hum more than ambient noise. Yume had gone sheet white as she watched Uri leap over the edge and nodded wide-eyed in agreement with Sunako. That person to clean up would probably be her. She had done a couple of autopsies before but with the cause of death so plain, it wouldn't be required. She would be the unlucky one simply because she was rather comfortable in the morgue. It wasn't her favorite place but the dead didn't argue. It was the same reason she enjoyed working on cadavers for research. Peering over the edge, she sees Uri reach the bottom and disappear down a corridor. The breath she didn't realized she had been holding was finally granted release as she exhaled slowly. That would have indeed put a damper on the good mood that had been sparked by his mention of treats. Leading the way into the middle class area of town, Yume would point out the Kage tower, school, and distant ruins of the hospital as far as they could be seen. Idle chatter filled the streets around them and and Inuzuka was sure to keep her ears and eyes open for pickpockets and any unsavory types. This far from the Grand Palais there shouldn't be much trouble but occasionally riffraff would try to take advantage of the unwary. Never having been one for small talk, she tries her hand at it in an attempt to perhaps solidify a friendship beyond the common bond of food.

Sunako, what did you do outside of the village?

She would listen to her response, curious about what it was like away from the storms and the unyielding sun. When she was young, there were times that her father would tell her stories of his homeland; a place where it was frequently overcast and often rained more than in Wind Country. The tales had stuck with her and one day she hoped to take a journey, even if it was just a short one, to see the world... perhaps on a peace-keeping mission like her father... and she would fall in love and be swept away in romance. Giving her head a shake, she knew now was not the time for day dreaming. It would be rude to those around her.The normal crowed of little children were gazing through the glass of a small store. Painted across the window in twisting cursive was the store name "Senit-mints" with the words "sweets & eats" beneath it in the same writing but smaller. Placing her hand on the metal cross-bar, Yume pushes the door in ward to be greeted by a chiming bell that had been hung above the portal. All of the human senses seemed to be at work here. The aromas of different fudge, cakes, cookies, toffees, tarts, and other delectable things filled the Inuzuka's nostrils which in turn teased her taste buds with hints of what was to come. A faint upbeat tune could be heard from the back of the store that was almost folksy but it most certainly wasn't Sunan in origin. A deep baritone voice could be heard singing along but so loud that the owner couldn't hear the entrance of customers. A kerfuffle could be heard in the back and before long their eyes were greeted by a tall, broad-shouldered man with a bushy mustache that curled up at the ends. His eyes were slightly squinted in an exuberant smile and his arms held wide to greet the room as he made his appearance.

AH! Pretty ladies! I am Olgav, but my friends... they call me Ollie. This is my store. Welcome. What can I do for you?
[spoilername="Olgav the baker"]
PB200013.JPG
[/spoilername]

((OOC: For anyone wondering, Ollie is probably german or perhaps has an eastern European accent. I couldn't find a voice clip I liked. Basically, his speech might not be broken but he does speak with odd pauses, if that makes sense xD ))

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eventually the trio would reach the bottom of the lift and move into Sunagakure proper, listening to Yume as she pointed out places of interest around the village. Sunako rode next to them on her vehicle, smiling as she looked towards the green haired girl. She certainly was very unique looking compared to the other people in the streets, not to mention very cute, the woman looking away so as to not be caught staring. Her gaze returned when Yume asked about life outside the village, the woman taking a moment to think it over before responding. "I traveled. Alot. After I graduated from the Academy I really wanted to go out and see the world, you know? So I left home and went travelin', never really stayin' in one place for too long. Made my livin' fixin' things for people, like radios and such." As she talked she would slow down, falling behind the girls before moving up to ride alongside Yume. "'Course I also got into the bounty huntin' business, made some good yen huntin' down missin-nin and the like. I only accepted bounties from the smaller villages though, didn't want to attract too much attention on account of being in foreign lands, you know? I'm sure the local shinobi there wouldn't be all too appreciating of a Suna-nin meddlin' in their affairs." She would say with say as they arrived at the bakery. Getting off her bike she would turn it off and pop the kickstand, following the girls into the building.

Once inside she tilted her head back and sniffed the air like a dog as that sweet aroma caught her nose, making a beeline for the displays holding the baked goods. "I don't know what to get! Everythin' looks so good!" She would say as she looked up at Olgav, giggling as she looked back at Yume and Setsuko. "Y'all got any recommendations?"

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The aromas filtered through her nostrils as Setsuko walked through the door into the bakery. From the first whiff she could already begin to visualize all the deliciousness that was inside. The rotund man that was the apparent owner who called himself Ollie brought a further smile to her face as she imagined that he quite frequently tasted his own good in order to ensure they were the best there were. Upon hearing Ioris request for a recommendation all Setsuko could manage to say was “Everthing…” in an almost orgasmic exhaled voice. From the second she had entered her eyes had scanned every merchandise on display at least twice and every time she gazed over them, the more she wanted.

Her eyes finally settled onto a small round cake; chocolate cake to be precise, adorned with ruby red berries of which she had never tasted nor seen in her life however, judging by the looks of these berries they would be delicious with a capital D. As if that was not enough the entirety of the cake had been glazed with what could only be a sweet and heavenly like cream, covered and decorated with flakes of chocolate. Not daring to leave the cake with her eyes she pointed at it and whispered in a soft pleading voice to Ollie. “Can I please have that one?” Her mind was so preoccupied with imagining the taste and texture of the cake that she had almost forgotten the others that she had entered with.

The Cake :)
chocolate-cake-4.jpg

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The enthusiasm of the young women caused a deep laugh to erupt from inside of the baker. He was proud that his work was so well appreciated and was more than happy to give them some assistance. Before he could answer the ginger’s question, it would be answered by the smallest of the group. It was true; everything in his store was made to the best quality that he could manage in the underground cavern. He made it his mission to find good ingredients at decent prices so that even the smallest child could enjoy a sweet treat. He watched as the youth would take everything in, finally pointing and a single serving confection that had seen as much affection as his larger creations. Pulling out a small cardboard box, he would lift the cake from underneath with a spatula to ensure the integrity of the piece was maintained. Folding up the sides around the cake, he would close the lid as he hands it over to Setsuko, giving her one last look at her prize before sealing it up.

Good day, Mr. Olgav! I saw you decorating a cake the other day. Your work is quite good. Surprisingly delicate.

Yume would return the burly man’s greeting with a bow and a smile. Her attention was caught by the more savoury items as her sweet tooth had been sated by the lollipop that Uri had given her. The tangy citrus flavors blended with a taste of sweet milk that was very pleasant. She had never had either a pineapple or coconut so the identification of Pina Colada would never cross her mind however she was certain she now had a new favourite flavour. It was imperative that she asked Uri what it was called next time they met.

May I have one of the meat pies? Chicken and potato, please.

The young woman’s cheerful attitude and compliment to his work puffed the man’s chest with pride as he took out an 8-inch pie for her to take home for dinner. He sold them cold but they were, in fact, cooked all the way through. They could be eaten as-is or could be heated up in an oven if one desired. Two of the customers having been satisfied only lead to one more. His attention would again be brought to focus on the red-head.

And for you? I make good pies, cakes, cookies, doughnuts, taffy, and candied items. What tickles your… eh… heart? No no… not heart. Toes? Hrmm… perhaps, my speech is not good. What is it you like?

Despite his poor language skills, his attitude was a cheerful and upbeat. It seemed that there was nothing that could take the smile from this mans face.

((OOC: Feel free to write for Ollie. He's not my personal NPC. He's just the shop owner =D ))

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sunako giggled as she listened to the man, noting his rather unique style of speech. It reminded her of her extended family who also had a similar accent to him, making her wonder if he had come from Key Country. Setsuko seemed outright enthralled by all the delicious sweets on display, zoning out as she looked at the one in particular that she wanted. Once Ollie asked her what she wanted she would look upon the display, a hand moving to rub her chin. "Hmmm, it all looks so good! Lessee here...how about one of these cupcakes?" She would request as she pointed to the one she wanted, a chocolate cupcake with vanilla icing. Reaching into her pocket she would pull out a few yen to cover the cost, a bright smile crossing her lips as she received the cupcake in return.

Rin Setsuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Holding the box which contained the delicious treat almost made her shiver in glee and anticipation that soon she would sink her teeth into it. She could not wait, she wanted it now but thought it to be inappropriate to do so in front of the owner and the others… as things could become a little bit messy with so much chocolate. Having been in her own little world since she entered the shop, she took a few seconds to look at what the other two had chosen for themselves. Yume had a pie and a fairly huge one at that, though it look delicious as well, causing her to give a quick lick to her lips. As Iori started the process of picking out her price among the many hundreds available, Setsuko began to work with her free hand the release the small pouch that was fastened to her belt. As she worked with the pouch one could hear the gentle metal against metal sounds indicating to everyone that this was her money pouch. Having released it from its secure holding at her hip she looked towards Ollie with a questionative gaze before asking “How much will this cake be?” She had no idea if she could actually afford such a master piece as the chocolate cake she was holding, but hopefully se would have enough… but in case she did not have enough, she hoped that she could maybe borrow some of the other two females that was there next to her. She had already decided that if she had to borrow money she would work as hard as possible to pay them back.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The baker took it as a good sign that the red haired young lady had giggled at his slip of speech. He was always glad when he didn’t insult someone by inadvertently saying something that was either inappropriate or taboo. He was still getting used to speaking the language that was common in the Village of Sand. His large hands would pull out a small pink box that was similar to the one Setsuko’s cake was in. It was deep enough that the high piled swirl of icing wouldn’t be disturbed when the top was closed. Carefully handing it over, he would take the yen with a smile and a bow in thanks for her patronage. As the student fiddled with her change purse Yume would continue to browse the treats for a little something to tide her over until dinner. Before Ollie could answer the student, she would chime in.

My treat. Don’t worry about it, Suko-chan. I suggested you come. At least this way your mother can’t say you wasted your money on it. It was a gift! It would most certainly be rude to refuse a gift!

Taking out a handful of coins and a couple of bills, Yume would hand them over to the jovial shopkeeper exchanging a smile. If it were possible, one might think that they had found the most amiable people in all of Suna. Aside from the mention of the hospital, was their anything that could take the grin from Yume’s face? Peeking over the counter, Ollie would wave down to the Inuzuka’s companion, four fingers together moving in a tiny up and down motion as one would wave to a baby.

Good day to you Mr. CuRua. Would you like some water?

I think he would like that a lot, Mr. Olgav. As well, may I have a salted soft pretzel?

Yen would change hands once again and Ollie would once more turn away to gather the requests. Popping a pretzel into an oven for 30 seconds, he gets a ceramic bowl of water and small plate of scrapes for the fox. Brining it around the counter, he places it on the floor beside the chair that Yume had taken up at one of the four small tables. Hearing the bell of the oven, he would rush back and take out the item with tongs, brushing it with butter and sprinkling crushed sea salt over it. Returning to the table, he couldn’t help but hear the conversation.

I’m going to wait here for a bit. Kuroda-san said he would meet up with us once he had made some appearances.

Do you speak of Uri? Has little Uri come back? Oh good news! How he would come to my store as a boy. Up to mischief sometime but most time wanting to learn... and eat. Good baker, that boy.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sunako would take her seat at the table, taking a bite out of her cupcake and letting out a happy, muffled whine. "Wow! That's really good! It's been a long time since ah've had something so sweet!" She would exclaim, unaware of the little bit of vanilla icing that had gotten stuck at the corner of her mouth. "So that Uri guy, he bakes? He seems pretty reckless to me, ah wouldn't think he's somebody that's good in the kitchen" She would say, recalling when the man had jumped off the lift to the village. "What is he anyways? Is he a med-nin too? He doesn't strike me like the ANBU type." She would aks Yume as she looked over at her, cocking her head to the side. As they all sat around the table conversing Sunako couldn't help but smile brightly, having been a long time since she had been around others socially like this. It was a lonely life on the road, and sometimes it felt even lonelier when staying in a foreign village. She was pleasant enough of course and very friendly, but her eccentric nature and habits had the tendency to easily make her stick out like a sore thumb around the locals. That she seemed to be accepted by the other two girls filled her with confidence, though she did do her best to hide her excitement.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back