Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shady Business is Shady Business [Open]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The black market is the worst place of all within Sunagakure's walls. While, at a first glance, it could seem just an ordinary market, with dozens of stalls on each side of the road, this place was but an ordinary marketplace. If you want to find something illegal, downright dark or evil, this is the place to be. Everything goes on this street, from human traffic to cursed relics, to Uchiha and Hyuuga eyes. You can find everything here that you couldn't not find somewhere else were laws are obeyed. It was to easy to standout in this shady place, but a certain individual, resting in plain sight, certainly had done a great job in doing it. He was entirely clad in black. Black boots, black pants and a black shirt underneath a very worn out black leather jacket. His hands rested in his pant's pockets and he simply stared the populace walking around him, as if he was a pebble in a pond. This was a very hot day but, somehow, this Caucasian guy, had thought dressing completely in black was the best choice he could make. A closer look would reveal something odd. His jacket was not the only thing that was worn out, in fact, his entire choice of attire was under the same condition, as if he had not used anything else since the last couple of months. His face was not shaved, though he was not exactly sporting a mountaineer-like beard. He had a stub. His eyes were pitch black and he had a lit cigarette, resting at the corner of his lips.

Yes, he had chosen to standout as he, undoubtedly, did. But what was his goal with it?
!
This topic may very well lead into a mission.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Hey, buddy, lemme bum a cig?"

Dark robes covered most of Yatamaru's body, as was customary in the Black Bazaar. People of all sorts came here, and that meant most liked to keep their identity a secret — Yatamaru included. His snow white hair peeked just a bit outside of his cowl, which should have been enough for the suspiciously conspicuous Kazuki to recognize his own agent. Yatamaru didn't agree much with Kazuki's methods, so usually made a point of dealing with him as little as possible.

Today, however, was a curious day.

Yatamaru was surprised to see one of his Sennin commanders in a place like this. To clarify, Yatamaru wasn't surprised that Kazuki was here. He was surprised that he'd seen him here. For a man of his talents, you'd think it would be harder to stand out than to blend in. Being an ANBU does that to you. Is he trying to get spotted? If he was, by whom? Or what? This was too interesting not to investigate.

Yatamaru had made no suspicious movements, merely approaching the Sennin as a polite stranger. They weren't on duty — at least, Yatamaru wasn't — so he thought it best to keep things discreet.

"Here, I'll even trade you for it. Swig of whiskey for a light?"

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: That is not Kazuki.

IC:

”Hey, buddy, lemme bum a cig?” a voice would question the shady individual directly. A few hours had passed since he had chosen that place to wait for an event such as this one. Of course he would never expect to be addressed by a guy that looked he had got out from a book with dark wizards. But if this was who he had to work with, then so be it. Kuruso calmly gazed the individual in front of him. Black robes covered his entire frame, but a few threads of white hair were visible from inside the cowl. ”Here, I’ll even trade you for it. Swig of whiskey for a light?” Yatamaru would quickly add once he realized the stranger had not move or say anything in return.

”Here. Grab as many as you need.” Kurusu would note. A closed cigarette pack would be on his right hand as he removed both from is pants pockets, which would be quickly offered to the robbed figure. ”I suppose you wouldn’t be able to hear me a for a bit. I have a job proposition. Perhaps you would like to earn a few extra bucks and help the government of this village a bit more.” he would inquire. For such a shady looking individual, this guy had a surprisingly neat speech pattern and used correct words every time. Perhaps there was more to him than met the eye.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
What the hell? Who's this guy?

Not again. This happened more often than Yatamaru would care to admit, but it seems he'd mistaken a random stranger for his ANBU Sennin. Oops. Glad he didn't spill any sensitive information just then. Don't worry, just go with it. He seems like an interesting character anyways.

The stranger calmly offered Yatamaru 'as many as he needed'. Boldly worded. Pinching two or three cigarettes, Yatamaru leaned against a nearby wall as he fished around for his lighter.

"Thank you kindly, stranger," he said, igniting the paper and inhaling through the first quarter of the cigarette all at once. Thick billows of smoke found their way out of his mouth and nose, dispelling his tensions and worries in a very unhealthy way. Smoking always loosens lips, and Yatamaru had certainly had his fair share of weird conversations with strangers during smoke breaks; however, this one certainly caught him off guard. A job proposition? From the government? He looked calm and stoic, but that's only because he was a seasoned veteran. On the inside, his mind was racing with possibilities.

If this was a legit government job, why would they be outsourcing the job from the ANBU? If it wasn't legit, why was he saying it was? Then there was the way this man spoke, distinctly posh compared to the sputtering rabble of conversation around them. Yatamaru hadn't expected such an interesting smoke break, though he certainly welcomed it. Another pull, while he chose his words.

"Hey man, these cigs don't pay for themselves. Whatever it is, I guarantee you I'm your guy." Yatamaru wanted to see how far this rabbit hole went. Who knows, maybe he'd get something good out of it, too.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Thank you kindly, stranger," Yatamaru would thank the cigarettes. In reality, Kurusu was actually giving the entire pack, but the ANBU had only taken what he wished and returned the rest to the original owner. Given he did not smoke at all, the shady individual would simply toss it to the nearest bin. "Hey man, these cigs don't pay for themselves. Whatever it is, I guarantee you I'm your guy." the other guy would declare after a few moments of silent pondering. Kurusu could almost see the inner workings of the man's brain. Deciding if she should accept it or refuse. What would the implications of either be. Who was this strange guy in front of him, offering a job, a way to help the government. What was his branch? A ton of questions and zero answers. "Follow me then." Kurusu would declare as he nodded. With a single swift motion, he would turn around, giving his back toward Yatamaru and he would immediately storm off. Was he crazy or simply super confident? Giving his back to a complete stranger he had just met in one of the dangerous areas of Sunagakure, was either foolish or very brave.

Kurusu would easily navigate around the maze-like streets of the bazaar, at least far from the main area, with apparent ease. It seemed he was a man used to walking in these parts. Eventually he would stop in front of a wooden door that had seen better days. This was not the entrance to a house, given there was no structures above ground. Wherever they were, this would lead them directly to the underground. The door would faintly screech as Kurusu opened it, revealing a set of stairs leading downwards. The walls were made of simple cement and so were the ceiling and floor. "Close the door once you're through." he would instruct. Without waiting, Kurusu descended the stairs and reached a narrow corridor. There were few light sources in this hallway, light bulbs barely able to light anything, but still potent enough to not have them walk in complete darkness. Not that it would matter, given the apparent straightness of the corridor and lack of anything to impede their safe passage. Several minutes later, they would reach the end of the hallway and face another wooden door. "After you." Kurusu would announce, opening the door for Yatamaru go through first.

The room inside was pitch black. The door opened allowed some of that faint light from the corridor to penetrate and allow the ANBU to glimpse a chair and what seemed to be a table. If there was something else inside this room, he would not be able to see. Assuming Yatamaru would do as instructed, Kurusu would enter last and he would close the door behind him, leaving the room in utter darkness. "Don't move and wait for a moment." the shady guy would announce. Was this a trap? The ANBU would certainly be wondering that, especially once strange sounds began to echo through the entire room. Mere minutes later, a light bulb would be turned on, giving such much needed light to a room that lacked any. This was a bare room, a single shelf with some books was on the back wall. Two wooden chairs and a single table were the rest of furniture this division had to present.

Kurusu, however, was radically different. He no longer sported that dark outfit. Instead, he had changed to a standardized Sunan Shinobi garb, except there were no possible way to identify his branch or rank within the village's hierarchy. "We all know ANBU are elite operatives that tackle the most dangerous and most sensitive jobs the village has." he would declare as he sat on chair and motioned for the ANBU to do the same. "But thereare threats even ANBU cannot tackle. Either because they are simply not prepared for it and because their training does not contemplate it." he would further note. Yatamaru would probably be wondering what was this guy talking about. "The job I have is one of those tasks ANBU are not up for the task. My question is, are you? Are you willing to do something not even the ANBU of this village can do?"

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Was I supposed to pack a lunch for this field trip?

Jokes aside, the change of location was worrying. Not nearly as worrying as the discarded pack of cigarettes had been, but at least Yatamaru had managed to swipe them out of the bin when the man turned his back.

Yatamaru was being led through the backest of alleys, neither one of them exchanging a word. This charade was not new to him, so he played his part diligently. Quietly, he followed the man; though, he did take precautions. He activated a trap or two built into his puppet body, just in case anything were to happen. He followed the orders of the man he followed, closing the entrance to the underground behind him.

Deep into the underground they went, the dank and musty air filled by Yatamaru's constant stream of smoke. When they reached the pitch black tunnels, his cigarette provided a small aura of light to see with. It was enough not to run into anything, at least. They arrived at the pitch black room, and Yatamaru patiently waited by the door.

"You got an ash tray, or is the ground fine?" I'd give anything to lighten the mood.

This guy was so tense. So serious. The light finally came on, Yatamaru's patience slowly stretching. He took his seat, and listened with instant resentment to his guide insisting on his comrade's incompetence. Is this a trap? Yatamaru was on guard, in all senses of the word.

"I don't know. You haven't told me what it is you want doing." He flicked ash off the end of his cigarette. "You also haven't told me who you are, or why you want this done."

He loved this game. It was a battle of wills, and his was strong. He wanted to get to the bottom of this mystery, and he would.

"Tell me more about this job, too dangerous for even an ANBU. I will tell you if I can handle it or not."

He'd seen some dark things in his day. He was skeptical of this man's warnings, but the man's opinions weren't really the issue. Yatamaru wished to track the source of this job. He wanted to see who was pulling the strings this time around. To do that, he had to blend in. People would tell him what he wanted to hear.

Actions:
Setting Non-Aggressive Zone using Myself.
Setting Cylinder of Magic using Myself.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”You got an ash tray, or is the ground fine?” Yatamaru would inquire once they were inside the room in utter darkness. ”Ground.” Kuruso would simply mutter back. He did not care if the ground was littered with ash at the end of this little meeting. This room was seldom utilized by him or anyone else from his organization. The not so shady anymore individual would went on a tirade that the ANBU were the best of the best, but sometimes not even they could deal with certain threats. He ended by question the ANBU if he was the guy for the task. Understandably, Yatamaru didn’t know because Kurusu had yet to reveal what the job was. ”I don’t know. You haven’t told me what it is you want doing. You also haven’t told me who you are, or why you want this done.” Kurusu did not answer immediately and thus the ANBU would speak some more. ”Tell me more about this job, too dangerous for even an ANBU. I will tell you if I can handle it or not.”

”Who I am is of little importance and not something required for your participation in this endeavor. I don’t want this done, it is the village that needs it. Or, if you prefer, the safety of its citizens that requests this to be done.” Kurusu would answer him, using a decisive tone, warning Yatamaru not to press on who he was. He would grab a close file, apparently out of thin air, that he would toss toward the ANBU. A distinct visage of a wolf was quite clear on the first file. ”What do you know about lycanthropy?” he would question. And that was it. This job involved such creatures known as lycanthropes, a task not even the ANBU could do, but a certain Order was ideally suited for.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
There would be no negotiations in this matter, it seemed.

Yatamaru was politely told to back off, his questions brushed off as being 'of little importance.' Did he say that citizens organized this mission request? Things were getting stranger by the minute. And that was before the man brought up lycanthropy. Upon hearing that, Yatamaru brow furrowed in confusion as he tried to figure out if the man was joking or not.

"You're serious? You want me to hunt down a werewolf?" Someone's bound to be having a laugh over this.

Yatamaru flipped through the mission dossier, quickly scanning over the relevant documents. Either this man had a lot of time on his hands to meticulously craft fake information, or he was serious. Yatamaru was still trying to decide which of these scenarios was actually more likely, even as he began to speak again.

"You ask for much of my trust, and offer no proof or reassurances. I would very much like to know why you expect me to keep listening to this tall tale."

Yatamaru loved adventure as much as the next guy, and he wasn't really above taking a shady side-mission for his own amusement, but this just felt like a set-up. Yatamaru was a skeptic, and a pragmatist at heart — such wild fantasies usually needed some semblance of reality before he truly devoted any thought to them. But it it were true...

Mother Suna, I hope it's true...

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurusu was certain of Yatamaru’s skepticism. Lycanthropy was something out of legends and myths. Few people pertaining to the Orders had seen a werewolf before, let alone anyone outside of them. So he was not surprised when the ANBU’s brow furrowed in confusion as he tried to understand what the hell was going on. ”You’re serious? You want me to hunt down a werewolf?” the human puppet would question, disbelief quite blatant in the man’s voice. Kurusu would simply nod in return. That was it, the job he had to offer was a hunt for a werewolf that was terrorizing a village not that far from Sunagakure. The villagers though it be to attacks from a wild animal, perhaps a Sand Wolf, but he and his superiors knew better. That was the act of a werewolf. Luckily, the curse was not spreading so far, but who knew when the first offspring would be born? That would be a disaster they could not endure at the moment. There were too many threats lingering over Sunagakure, they were all spread too thin to contain everything at once. They had to extinguish this possible danger before it became an actual one.

Kurusu remained silent as Yatamaru read through the contents of the file he had been provided. ”You ask for much of my trust, and offer no proof or reassurances. I would very much like to know why you expect me to keep listening to this tall tale.” he would say after reading them all. It would seem he was not convinced yet. Kurusu would audibly sigh. He had a trump card, one he had hoped he could avoid using at all. It seems the ANBU was to short-minded to allow otherwise. ”So be it.” he would think as he extracted a scroll from one of his vest’s pockets. As he unfolded it on the table, a sign handseal would provoke a small fireless explosion, revealing, as the smoke disappeared, a single shiny orb. Yatamaru would recognize what that orb was. A memory taken with the use of the Snapshot jutsu. ”Use that. See for yourself.” he would invite the ANBU. There was little harm that could be done with it.

Assuming he would accept, the Human Puppet’s mind would be filled with gory and horrific images. The main thing he would see was a room, walls painted with blood, guts and body parts everywhere. Most of the furniture, which consisted of a bed and a wardrobe, had been completely destroyed as well. Once out of the memory, Kurusu would silently gaze the ANBU, waiting for questions.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Tap. Tap. Tap.

Yatamaru had just watched the memory. His index finger tapped against the table as he thought, trying to make sense of the images he'd been shown. It's not enough. I need more proof.

"You've certainly got some sort of incident on your hands, though I'm still not quite ready to call this a werewolf attack." Yatamaru was a professional. He dealt with facts and evidence, not rumors and vague imagery. And yet, he was also a defender of the people.

"That said, I'll accept your mission. Even if it's not what you say, there's obviously something amiss." The man sighed, his face implacable. Still doesn't explain why this isn't being organized officially. Maybe someone is distancing themselves from this mission? He always kept a few likely theories rattling around, just in case they panned out. When investigating, it was best to let the evidence speak for itself — right now, the evidence told him there was more to this story. It told him to dig deeper. It's my job to think like a deceiver. Information is key, so I have to make sure mine is accurate.

"We should begin moving out; time seems to be our enemy in this hunt, wouldn't you agree?" Yatamaru seemed ready to go. The longer he waited, the more harm whatever this thing was could do. No more innocents. No more casualties.

"Oh yeah, that reminds me. You want it dead or alive?"

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurusu patiently waited for Yatamaru to see the recorded memory. He watched as the ANBU tapped the table with his index finger, probably pondering on what he had seen. ”You’ve certainly got some sort of incident on your hands, though I’m still not quite ready to call this a werewolf attack.” the other guy would note. Kurusu would simply shrug his shoulders. He did not have to thoroughly make the ANBU believe in him, as long as, he could make him accompany him to the village. If he were able to do that, then he would have succeeded. He and his colleagues could deal with the threat alone, but they needed more people joining them. If allowed to see and stop this threat in person, perhaps this ANBU would realize the world was far vast and stranger than he knew. Perhaps he would join them in the hand. Even if he didn’t, it would still have been a worthy attempt.

”That said, I’ll accept your mission. Even if it’s not what you say, there’s obviously something amiss.” the Puppet Master would announce. Kurusu would nod. He had not bought the werewolf part, but at least the sense of justice had been evoked. That would do, that would do.

”We should being moving out; time seems to be our enemy in this hunt, wouldn’t you agree?” Yatamaru would declare before quickly adding an inquiry. ”Oh yeah, that reminds me. You want it dead or alive?” Kurusu did not have to ponder for long. ”Dead. Meet me in 15 minutes at the village gates. Go prepared for everything. You know the way out.” that would be his response.
!
A Rank Mission Offer:

Travel to a nearby village that has been recently attacked. A few villagers have been brutally attacked. Local reports have credited these killings to a rabid and stray, wild animal. But certain individuals believe these attacks are far more serious than credited for.
A Rank Offering
Do you accept?

OC:
This topic is over. You can leave the topic and I'll create another.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
His orders were simple: gather supplies, meet at the village gates, and be ready to kill a werewolf. And yet, all he could think of was what type of liquor he'd top his flask off with. Can't fucking believe I'm out already. How am I supposed to do this job sober, honestly now?

Really though, the prospect of a werewolf hunt had intrigued Yatamaru. His joints ached and throbbed, anticipating the hard battle to come. New situations weren't all that common these days — you could say they only happened once in a blue moon. Oh the irony...

Yatamaru left to gather his things. Puppets, poisons, projectiles, and provisions. He packed light, and quickly. He couldn't stop bouncing.

Moments later he was on his way. To the gates, and adventure. He really hoped it was a werewolf.

[mission accepted; topic left]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yatamaru seemed convinced. At least he had accepted the mission and would pack his things to leave immediately. Kurusu would let out a prolonged sigh once the ANBU left the room. This had taken a lot more effort than it really should have. It was disheartening to see the state the village had gotten into. Back in the day, people would relish the thought of being helpful. Nowadays one had to almost beg for assistance. He would sigh again, while shaking his head, before leaving the premises as well.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back