Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shinobi Mission Simulation Class [Eishi, Ikko, Suika] [TUTOR]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It has been a few weeks since that time Kiri observed the teamwork of three aspiring shinobis. Well, he still managed to keep his identity a secret from them, which was good. He didn’t want to expose himself that way to many people, even if he was looking out for them in the long run. He needed anonymity. But for this next assignment of his, as he finally got the courage to talk with the academy principal and probably due to his recent behavior, he was given a task of a class. That would come in handy, seeing how he once spoke to Kahako at possibly wanting to teach the future generation, but one would need enough experience. But knowing Kiri, his methods were always rather strange. This class would be no different.

Having read his student list, Kiri sighed, not because he was bored or taking this lightly. Rather, because he found himself in a bind. What could he potentially teach them that would be worth their time and energy? Just then, a lightbulb moment ushers in a smile. And so, at once, he went to preparing the unlikeliest class he had done yet.

Each student would receive a letter designating the time and place of where their class would take place. It would just be a simple whole-day affair, seeing how it would be enough to get the objectives done by then. Besides, Kiri was now invested in observing how they would all fair and grow, and as such, he was interested to know just what they are capable of and how much further they are willing to strive for.
Time: 9:00 AM
Place: Academy Obstacle Course Back Side
What: Shinobi Mission Simulation

Kiri would begin to prepare the necessary things as soon as he sent those letters via post.

WC: 302

[OOC: If Possible, I want everyone to please make 3 dice rolls in the Random Chat area pinging me so I will see it. These rolls will help in the progression of the narrative of this class. This is a bit experimental. So I hope we all have fun.]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Shinobi Mission Simulation Class [Eishi, Ikko, Suika]

I could only sigh at the note I had received. It was pretty clear what my instructions were, but I still didn't like it one bit. The other two had no idea what was coming to them I thought in feigned horror, chuckling at my own part in the madness. I could only sigh as I sent a message back to Kiri in the form of my incredible bad handwriting. The note was filled with my displeasure. He would get my message along with a crudely drawn man with two raised middle fingers. I was still going to do what he asked of me regardless, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to moan and give him sass, regardless. First things were first, though. I had to get down to the meeting place and get there before the others.

My bags were already full of what I needed along with what I might find myself in need of soon. Well before the note had come my way, I already had much in the way of my current kit set up just such an emergency missions. I was never one to under prepare, and giving me a task generally put me into a bit of a high gear. It hadn't taken me long to fill my closet and pantry full of pre-packaged kits for all sorts of situations. I lived by the mantra of getting things done quickly and out of the way, so it took me no time to construct several boxes. A lot of my monthly funds since I had become I genin had gone directly to these military-grade sets. It did make everything else less stressful in the long run, though I surrendered as a moral victory if nothing else.

Regardless, I followed Kiri's instructions along with potentially a few of his more secretive ones before anyone else had a chance to enter the site. I always was pretty clever with my hidden actions and this time would prove to be no different. Likely because I was the first one here, I would have prime real estate claiming the main tent and dropping my stuff off like instructed. I took out a whetstone along with a textbook on general anesthetic that Kiri had instructed me to read as I sat quietly on the ground. I slowly slid my spear blade on the whetstone. sharpening it to a fine point, all the while, flipping through pages of my book using only my toes. I had the free time to do as I wished while the others still weren't here, so I might as well get ahead in my study under Satan himself.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Hmm, hmm, hmmm." hummed the girl to the tune of a holiday jingle. She frequented the Susukino District, so she heard the season's festive music blasted everywhere. They were usually on repeat, too, to her displeasure. She didn't necessarily enjoy it, but she often found herself singing them. "Doo do do dee dooo..." Suika hopped from building-to-building as she made her way to a very specific location designated to her. She was randomly chosen for a mission simulation that contained random specs. She didn't mind, though; the Genin was here to accomplish what she had to. Dressed in a large pink jacket that overlay her usual black-toned kunoichi gear, she adjusted her Kumogakure headband around her neck and fixed her overly-long jacket sleeves. "The protector keeps flopping everywhere. I wonder if I'll ever get used to it." she mused mindlessly. Such a thought wasn't too important to dwell upon, but Suika typically entertained mundane thoughts when she traveled by herself to different places. She was in her auto-pilot mode.

It wasn't too long that Suika found herself on the campgrounds. With the deduction that any other shinobi present may be tasked with similar objectives, she opened her senses and kept to her wits. The camp's setting was pretty standard. It was covered by dense forestry, but the camp itself was pretty open. Upon entering, she naturally gravitated toward the sole tent that stood at the camp's base. She poked her head in and, to her surprise, discovered a very familiar face. "Eishi..." she muttered curiously as she made her way inside. The boy was reading some type of text book with his spear besides him. "Hey, Eishi." she smiled as she transitioned herself to a proper greeting. "Interesting seeing you here. Are there any others here to do..." she looked upward and rubbed her chin. Her expression exuded befuddlement. "What are we here to do again? The mission's administrator kept it pretty vague."

The gypsy girl awaited his response.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Ikko was late, it was becoming something of a trend unfortunately, and the boy was tearing toward the camp as if he was being chased by a gigantic bear, streaming across the field toward the main camp. He had no idea what the point of all of this was, another unfortunate trend, but Ikko had learned long, long ago that it was better to follow orders first and then ask questions later, or never, preferably never. It was with this that Ikko tried to catch up to the pair of them and when Ikko saw Eishi, his eyes lit up. Someone he knew!

"Eishi Eishi EishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishiEishi"

Ikko then finished crossing the distance and skidded to a stop in front of Eishi, a wild grin on his face. He made it! Probably. When was he supposed to be here again? The look of jubilation on his face slowly shifted into wonderment as this perplexing puzzle presented itself. Was he late or on time or, heaven forbid, early. Thankfully, Eishi was here, he could probably tell time, looking like there was dung sitting on his upper lip all the time HAD to compensate for something.

"Eishi what time was I supposed to b..."

It was then that Ikko noticed the other person at the camp and his words caught in his throat. She was, well, interesting. Cloud wasn't exactly hurting for girls around Ikko's age. In fact it seemed like a new one was popping out of the woodwork every week or so, but he wasn't sure any of them looked like the girl who was before him with her caramel coated skin and innocent yet severe looking face. Ikko reached out and moved to grab onto Eishi's shoulder, shaking it a bit in an attempt to enthusiastically get his attention.

"Eishi Eishi Eishi, who's that? She's really pretty."

Before Eishi could respond, probably violently, Ikko had released him and moved out of range toward the girl. A strange smile was adorned on the boy's face, surely he thought it was "smooth" somehow but it really just came off like he was an alien who learned how to smile by looking exclusively at stone carvings. Still, he flashed that smile at her as he spoke to her with words that, it could be assumed, the boy thought were equally impressive.

"Hello there, I'm Ikko. I know, like, half the letters of the alphabet so I'm kind of a big deal. What's your name?"

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

For a good long while, Kiri observed those gathered by the camping grounds. Of course, he sighed as he realised that those involved weren’t at all observant of what was before them. Certainly, the sight, the feel, the touch, and perhaps even the taste of this camping grounds would have made them believe it so. But that was only because he made sure to make it real enough. Kiri had gone through various trainings, submitted himself into the worse of these, and even been victim of it, thus it was part of his regular training to find means to find his inner peace within such illusions. And one of the result was this strange connection with genjutsu.

He sighed once more as he would then seem to be walking out from the trees, approaching the three. Dressed in his dark coat, no mask, and his ever present sword tied to his side, the white-haired shinobi would stop just short of the gathered students. But even before he could greet them, the tree would suddenly find themselves suddenly aware that the surrounding forest would disappear. In fact, it was now clear that Kiri did not come from the trees but from the archway of the hall connecting this large obstacle course field and the main hall of the academy. And if they were to look behind them, they would see that the tent was gone, and the forest was around fifty meters further.

“I suppose you three would be asking what, how, and why, well, it was simply because you all came rather suddenly into the field without noticing prying eyes at the entrance. Don’t worry, all is set,” Kiri said giving a warm smile. “It’s simply another task of reaching the camping grounds once more. This time, it won’t be an illusion. So, I’ll see you all there, okay?” And with that, Kiri would surround himself into shadows before he disappeared. He liked doing that, a trick he learned from his bloodline though he was no longer much of a Nara now as he was under the curse’s will.

Should the three begin to journey into the forest, once more, they would first be encountered by an invisible wire, of which Suika would, unfortunately be caught and suddenly drawn up, suspended in the air. Should the remaining decide to help her, they will waste time to reach the camp grounds, but should they proceed, they would have to play with fate as a malicious aura hangs around the air.

[WC: 420 + 302 = 720]
[OOC: If you choose to help, spend next round doing just that, no proceeding deeper into the woods. If you choose to proceed, aka leave her, you need to roll once and post the result in our DM chat.]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

I decided to get into a little bit of small banter with my teammate, answering her questions as best I could, but even I was mostly in the dark about what was going on. It was about two minutes later that Ikko came in fast and hard. I hadn't expected to share a class with the little idiot, but I could only smile in resignation as I listened to him go a million kilometers an hour. I didn't even bother answering him as he had likely forgotten he had already asked me a question moments before. He was all up in Suika's personal space, enjoying himself at his own pace. I would let her deal with him for a few minutes as we waiting to find out what was going on.

When Kiri did finally come out of the blue and told us the real mission for this class. I could only kick myself for falling for such a simple ploy as a false surrounding. I wasn't expecting to have to deal with such an environment when dealing with genjutsus, so my guard had been down. I went and picked my bag back up, happy that it seemed to be unaffected by the change in surroundings. It had been laying there on the ground where I had thrown it a few minutes ago, thinking we were already at our destination.

As we were just leaving the campsite, we would see how serious Kiri really was about this being a test. Almost like magic, Suika would find herself caught up in a wire trap that hadn't been there a few moments before. It was becoming clear we were going to be doing some real testing on our defenses against genjutsus if this is what we were expected to find on our way to our destination.

"Ikko, help me get Suika down!" I yelled to the sickeningly bubbly boy. A knife coming out from under my cloak unconsciously as I used my magnetic affinity. It flew into my hand a moment later, perfectly fitting itself in the palm of my hand. I flipped it once before going to work on the wire. I was looking the wire over, trying to find a way to snip it cleanly using my recent expertise in knife handling from the monster we were currently studying under.

"Hold her in place so she doesn't land on her head when the wire is cut," I ordered before cutting her down in with a single swift motion. I threw my knife to the ground, the blade sinking into the soft earth as I went over to the fallen girl. Grabbing Suika's afflicted arm without letting her fight back as I attempted medical care. I looked it over, flipping it once back and forth and noticing the marks where the wire had had a vice-like grip on her.

"I don't feel anything broken. At worst it's a stress fracture, but likely it's just a sprain in your forearm," I told her, letting go of her arm as I took out a wrap of bandages from my bag.

"Just use your other arm if possible. Now, stick your arm out and hold it in place." I warned her, knowing full well that she wasn't the type to quit because of something on this level. I was currently in serious mode. I'd make fun of her for getting caught later, assuming we passed this class. It's one thing to joke about something after the fact, it would just breed resentment if I gave her shit now, though.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It wasn't too long when the duo was joined by a rambunctious third. He confidently introduced himself as Ikko and, apparently, knew Eishi pretty well. Suika observed him with curious eyes until he entered her space and shot a bold compliment her way. “Is he flirting with me?” thought the girl as she tilted her head ever-so-slightly. Having been a performer, the gypsy girl was no stranger to adoration. There was something, she noted, distinctly different about Ikko's gesture. She wasn't sure if it was due to him looking around her age group, but she felt a mix of both flattery and irritation all in one. The kunoichi wouldn't express this; she'd use it to her advantage. “Thanks, Ikko,”</B><i></i> she smiled warmly.<B> “I'm Suika. It's very nice to meet you.”

After listening to Eishi's spiel, Suika felt a strange presence in the atmosphere that she instantly redirected her attention to. Something dark was approaching the trio; her skin erupted in chills. As the environment faded like the contrived mirage that it was, a silver-haired man made his appearance. Upon his arrival, Suika shot out a frown. Her demeanor grew defensive as she tightened the grips of her fists. Her eyes glowed with a light, furious aura that was only visible to the spiritually-sensitive. Every sense she had screamed danger. “Something's off about him. I don't like it.” Ever since the awakening of her spiritual senses, Suika grew very aware of apparitions, demons, and the auras of people around her. She had no control over it; it was a gifted sight she did not ask for. Regardless of her wants, it affected her daily life and her perception of certain individuals. Today's events were a prime example. She had never met the Chuunin before her, but her otherworldly-intuition warned her to stay away. Now identified as her instructor, she was given no choice but to abide in his directions. She shook it off.

As they made their way to the true campground site, Suika set off a wired trap that flung her into the air. Caught in surprise by the entanglement, her left arm bent oddly. She winced. “Damn it.” she cursed. Was she that distracted by her instructor's presence that she neglected her surroundings? She attempted to cut herself down, but the two fellow Genin below her, led by Eishi's speedy initiative, aided her down. She acknowledged their actions with a thankful nod and some verbal praise. “Thank you, Eishi, Ikko, I appreciate it.” she held out her sprained limb as the one-armed shinobi worked his magic. As brash as he was, Eishi was skilled in many areas. She was aware of his talents since their first class together, but this concept was continuously reinforced with every assignment they had. More so than his abilities, she was pleasantly shocked by her peers' benevolent actions. They didn't have to stop and help her down, but they did anyway. It was hard to wrap her mind around the fact that actual selflessness existed in individuals, but it did stir something inside her. She was grateful.

“My mind must have been elsewhere – my apologies. But let's tread with caution and cover each others' blind spots. He probably has more traps waiting for us.”
She motioned her free hand toward the boys' general direction. “Can any of you spot me some type of weapon? This mission was described to me as some walk in the park, so I didn't come as prepared as I normally would. I'll return it once we're done and through with this.” Her expression exuded a type of serious determination. From this point on, Suika was now on her A-game.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"See Eishi? I got moves."

Ikko beamed at Eishi, clearly proud of the suavest of suave performances he just put forth, before turning back and flashing that smile at Suika. However, before he could really enjoy it, something happened that triggered both Ikko's sense of panic and Ikko's sense of anger. The first sense of panic he experienced came in the form of being afflicted, once again, by a Genjutsu. He had learned rather recently how susceptible he was to and, more importantly, how agitating Genjutsu was. So when what he had assumed was a rather tangible camp suddenly vanished from view. Ikko nearly leaped 30 feet into the air when his surroundings completely evaporated around him. That was the panic.

Then, the anger. When Kiri seemed to materialize out of nowhere, Ikko's eyes flashed with an expression that did not suit him at all. The boy was angry, furious even, and he glared at Kiri with an expression that screamed of absolute loathing. Ikko's fists clenched as the man's words washed over him, trying his best not to let his emotions get the better of him and failing rather miserably at it. It was Kiri who had pushed him out here? He supposed it made sense, Eishi was here, but it did little to abate Ikko's ire. He was jerking him around again it seemed. Unfortunately, Ikko was nothing if not stubborn and his distaste for Kiri only made him that much more determined to shove his stupid little test right back down his gullet.

Ikko set off with the pair of them, jumping through Kiri's hoops already was not something Ikko was especially fond of but he didn't see how he had all that much of a choice really. Thankfully, probably against all odds, the first hoop Kiri set did not actually target Ikko. They had barely made any headway at all before Suika got caught up in, probably, the first of Kiri's traps. Ikko was caught completely off guard and barely reacted as Suika was wrapped up in a trip wire and placed in a most precarious situation. Thankfully, Eishi was a bit quicker to react than his more exuberant counterpart and snapped in to action issuing commands, commands Ikko was quick to follow. Ikko, taking a firm but gently grip of the girl, held her still as Eishi cut through the wire and with a strength his frame wouldn't suggest he had, seemed to guide the girl, down to the ground once the tension holding her in place was cut free.

Ikko had knelt down, using his recently learned lessons on "personal space" to make sure he was an appropriate distance away, attempting to offer a reassuring smile to the girl as Eishi investigated the girl's injured arm and started prescribing aid tips. As he did though, Ikko's face contorted into one of deep thought as he idly responded to Suika's response, pulling a stray kunai from his pack and tossing it handle side first toward Suika.

"This...feels kind of mundane for Kiri doesn't it? Eishi, is the wire laced with anything?"

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

As it would seem, the trio were in high spirits as they would begin the journey towards the camp. Kiri was secretly observing from the shadows of the trees as they went along. He couldn’t help but wonder how they would all make it in one piece. If anything, maybe only one of them will make it there alive… well, in one piece… er… by the designated time, that is. For a brief moment, as he walked along the tall branches, completely cloaked in his shadow armour as to blend well into the dark and dense canopies, he would glance at the notes he had taken from earlier, the ones that suggested where the traps were. And just as he was about to tap on the folded piece of paper, there was a yelp. A glance downward and he sighed. One already got caught… so easily too. He pulls out a clip folder and adds the folded paper there before flipping a few pages and starts writing on it as he perched on the branch to observe further.

It would appear as though they decided to help the girl, though it may have cost them some time to reach the encampment, at least it allowed Kiri to get a glimpse of their team-work even if it was an unexpected moment. Jotting down on his clip notes again, he would continue to observe.
Suika was successfully rescued by the two and Eishi’s attempt to mend her injury went well. Sharing of equipment.

Kiri paused for a bit and wondered if that was a good idea. Shouldn’t the girl have done better to prepare for this. He wondered how the two boys would feel to know that they were journeying with someone who was ill-equipped. It didn’t matter. They were about to continue and so should he. Of course, the slight comment from Ikko didn’t go unnoticed and Kiri only smiled.

As the group would continue down the path, they would suddenly feel movements to their side. And out of nowhere, jumping from the hedges were two large dogs. They weren’t attacking the group, merely running past them and down the path before them with a howl. And as if that wasn’t weird enough, there was another runner, a panther, that suddenly came through the hedge. It skid on the ground as it eyed the three delicious looking humans. Just then, a swirl of chakra would engulf its body, enlarging it three times its original size as it began to roar and chase the three aspiring shinobis.

[WC: 427 + 720 = 1,147]

OOC: Should they choose to engage battle with it, spend the round fighting it. Should they choose to outrun it, they would be split up as the overgrown panther seemed intent to chase down just Ikko, and the two dogs return to tackle down Suika and Eishi respectively.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Before Ikko could collect the results of his winning smile or his suggestion to further investigate the wire, things rather quickly stopped going smoothly, as is tradition. As Ikko heard the bushes rustle with movement behind him, his facial expression shifted ever so slightly. The excitable curiosity slowly shifted to mild irritation as ANOTHER Kiri obstacle was thrown at them. They were barely given time to breathe and deal with the wire before something else needed to, almost literally, spring out of nowhere at them. Ikko spared a glance over his shoulder and watched the two dogs burst from the bushes, of course. Well, sort of, this didn't seem like a very "Kiri" trap either. For one, the dogs looked alive and weren't barking "brains" at them so they were already deviating from Kiri's modus operandi. The part that came after it, while, perplexing, also did not exactly stink of a "Kiri" trap or idea. The dogs, instead of leaping for Ikko or his companions, blew right by them, as if they were definitely not the biggest threat in the vicinity and a panther who couldn't quite decide what weight class it wanted to fight in, strolled out of the bush. While the panther had supernaturally engorged itself, it did not have any of the hallmarks of the techniques Kiri displayed in the arena. Was this really Kiri's doing?

Whether or not it was, however, did not really impact what Ikko had to do. Even if the Panther wasn't staring him down like he was labeled "lunch," he wasn't going to let it move on to the other two, especially not when they were dealing with the wire. Ikko would actually get to accomplish something. Ikko finished turning around just as the great beast started lumbering forward and as he pivoted, his right hand was leaping in to action. Performing the seal one handed, Ikko followed it by slamming his palm against the ground. As soon as he made contact, a layer of ice, slippery when wet, spread pandemically across the ground between them, layering the hard earth they had been dealing with before with a surface that, regardless of how big it was, the panther's feet were simply not evolved to deal with. As the creature inevitably lost balance and began sliding and sprawling helplessly along the ice, apparently still growing as it moved, Ikko's left hand quickly set to work on another seal and, mere milliseconds later, finished and slammed itself palm down next to his right. As soon as it made contact, along that icy surface spires of crystalline water shot up, skewering the flailing panther as it picked up more and more speed as it hurtled toward him, the various spikes of ice punching straight through its body and painting quite a bit of its new slip n' slide with its blood.

As it was near to encroaching upon Ikko, the boy bent his knees and kicked off, launching himself into a back flip and forming another seal in the air and as he did, a long, icy spear formed in his hands and the boy crashed down on to the already skewered and bleeding panther, delivering the final blow into its spine with his spear as he landed on the creature's back. Of course, this did little to stop the momentum of the creature and gave Ikko quite the ride to enjoy.

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS ONE WASN'T EVEN A ZOMBIE KIRI I EXPECT BETTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

[WC: 578]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Despite the astute nature shown by Ikko, something that Kiri had already noticed since their earlier encounter, the white-haired man only grinned as he further took notes. Watching the boy and the beast slide further down the trail, even faster than the other two of his companions could react, there would suddenly be multiple explosions along the path, creating a massive dust smoke to completely shroud the area. Furthermore, by the time the smoke did clear up, Ikko would find the dead panther on top of his leg, seemingly trapping him in place, and the path they took blocked by numerous fallen trees, a fire seemingly beginning to start from the explosion.

Elsewhere, the two dogs returned to jump and tackle Suika and Eishi from the side, seemingly alarmed by the explosions. This saved them from one last explosion right in front of them, though it caused a great whirl around them, sending them both crashing into the hedges and far from the trail they were at. And when all the commotion and the dust smoke lifted, they would find themselves in completely cut off from Ikko.

Back to Ikko, with the current situation before him, he would probably try to get out from under the panther. But as he would, he would hear a terrible cracking sound and a jolt of pain would crawl up his leg. His right leg would be fractured.

WC: 235 + 1,147 = 1,382]

[OOC: Further movements from Ikko can cause the fracture to become a broken status (Roll 1d100. If you roll 30 and higher, you manage to get out by the end of this post with just a fracture. If not, it becomes broken and you somehow pass out for reasons unknown)

Suika and Eishi may start looking for Ikko with the help of the two dogs. Roll 1d100, if both rolls are 30 and higher, you find Ikko by this post. If not, you spend this whole post searching for him.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The events that unfolded next were nothing short of pure, unfiltered chaos. Suika couldn't help to ponder the meaning of this course. Did it serve any purpose other than just having the trio maneuver around random obstacles? “The call of the wild...” she mused, “...and I still have to do that?” She sighed quietly to herself. This was giving her a headache.

Accepting the kunai handed to her by Ikko, she gave the boy a nod and set out with them to find that damned camp. It wasn't long until the roulette from hell sent forth another haphazard occurrence. Two dogs jumped out at Suika and Eishi as Ikko was chased away by a ravenous panther. “What the hell...” she muttered to herself as the large canine licked her face. Then, with a loud boom, explosions went off. The dogs saved them. “This is why animals are better than people.” she confirmed. “But where the heck did these animals come from? And how did they know about these bombs?” She had no time to dwell on these questions – Ikko, the overly-cheery boy, was in trouble. She shifted her sights toward Eishi and gestured at him. “We should help him. At this point, we can't really afford to get separated or picked off, especially since this instructor is enjoying his traps a bit too much. We need to be there to watch for one another and possibly neutralize them.” She shoved the dog off, dusted herself off, and readied herself. “Let's head off.”

The kunoichi passed by rows of fallen trees that were stricken with flames. She covered her nostrils with her shirt and caught sight of Ikko and the dead panther besides him. Keeping her footwork light, she made her way to the boy. “Nice work with that cat.” her magenta eyes trailed toward his leg. She noticed he was hurt. “Are you fine to walk? Let me give you a hand.”

With that, Suika aided the Genin up. She took a quick scan of the area; Eishi was no where within visual proximity. How did they get separated? His assistance in bandaging the boy's wound would have came in clutch at this moment. “Eishi was right behind me, but it seems he's trailed off; I'm sure he'll catch onto us. Regardless, a fire is building and we got to get a move on. From this point, we need to tread with caution and watch out for one another.” Her expression brought assurance as her tone was filled determination. Deep within it, though, was a hint of frustration. She still had no idea what their instructor was trying to teach them. Was that man exercising his power just to toy with the Genin and execute some dumb game? If so, she hoped he was finding the amusement he craved. “Pft. And he can shove that amusement up his ass if that's the case. Better not be.” she thought with growing irritation. No matter, she was already in the ringer; the girl, alongside her peers, had to move along.

[WC: 510 | Post 3 / 5
TWC: 1,450/1,500 (Counted the other two)]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

I was now lost. I questioned how I could even be lost in the middle of the woods that I frequented so much, before reminding myself that I was likely under Kiri's genjutsu control. It would be one thing if someone around my skill level attempted this bullshit, but when Kiri did it, I expected he was not playing around when he decided to mess with us and was using his full power to maintain control over all of us. I shuddered at the thought of the homework he was likely going to give me if I failed this course, and even if I passed, I wasn't looking forward to whatever he had planned next for me.

gambling to run into trouble before I find the others, there's no way I naturally lost sight of Suika I reassured myself of my own suspicions. I assumed Suika had better luck than I did in finding our lost teammate without much interference. I, on the other hand, could only hope to find them again through luck. The possibility of me being unscathed now that I was alone was seeming less and less likely as I ran it all through my head.

The tree lines were likely to be hiding the enigmatic fuck, disguised in genjutsu and regular camouflage if I had to guess. He was probably staying within view distance of all of us, studying us, trying to teach us some contrived lesson in the name of better ourselves. So far, the lesson had included Suika being strung up and Ikko being ambushed by a large cat. The point of this whole debacle becoming a lot murkier by the minute. I suspected it was my turn next now that I was separated from my comrades, but I also had enough confidence in myself to get to my destination alone, if I must, with or without Kiri's harassment.

Either way, I drew my four dodecahedrons and imparted my [Magnetic Control] over them. Their shine, especially at the tips of each protruding metal spike, were especially sharp as I ran my finger over them as they hovered in front of my chest. Sharpening the spikes as my fingers pinched along and up one of the twenty vertices as if one of the finest whetstones had just gone over them for hours. It was probably one of the nicest time savers a weapon specialist could ever ask for and I was only getting better at it as the days went by. Forming them into true metal death balls as I unblunted and weaponized the spikes into truly terrible creations. I would know, after all. Destroying a small building with these little shits without even moving a muscle a couple months ago left a deep impression on my potential. It was an eye-opening experience for me. I knew what damage they could do in a master's hands.

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Fate was cruel. It was bad enough that the last time he had enjoyed the misfortune of meeting Kiri, the man, or at the very least whatever faceless divine puppetmaster in the sky, seemed to delight in putting forth a charade of ill fortune despite everything always hitting while Ikko's puppetmaster in the sky seemed to critically miss a vast majority of his attempts at fortune and has been relegated to whining about it via the breaking of quadrilateral barriers. It was with that hastily scribed and confusingly worded daydream that Ikko's consciousness seemed to refocus on what had actually happened. It had seemed, for the briefest moment that Ikko had lost consciousness. It had all happened rather fast. As his careening runaway kittymobile had crossed some invisible threshold, multiple explosives had rang out around him and had thrown Ikko and his ride completely off course. Ikko felt a weight on his leg, the cat had probably landed on him or something, he'd just have to move and get u...

"AHHHHH"

A scream escaped him as pain coursed up his leg. It...was a similar sensation to something he had experienced before. His mind hearkened back to the last time he had endured Kiri's company and the man had managed to break without actually breaking his hands. Unlike that time however, where Ikko was fairly certain it was Genjutsu he was afflicted with, here he had no idea, and that ignorance seemed to make the blinding pain somehow even worse. The pain had sent every nerve in his body into overdrive however and what was a foggy picture a few moments ago was now considerably more clear. Nearby trees had been felled and were rather dangerously on fire. Thankfully none had deigned to fall on him as his eyes turned back to the creature set atop his leg amidst the every growing inferno. Before it got too hot to be viable, Ikko needed to act. The boy set his hand back upon the ground as one more spike of ice shot up from the ground and pierced right through the creature's neck, catching on its spine and forcibly pushing it up in to the air. It got just far enough off the ground that Ikko, laboring, could slide his lower body out from under the creature. The spike didn't remain long though as the heat caught up to it once Ikko relinquished control, melting and leaving the creature with one more empty hole in its body as it collapsed back on to the ground.

Suika then came in to view which brought a pained grin to Ikko's face, thankfully the whole "move before you're melted too" task was not going to be a solo one. As she closed the distance and helped him to his feet, the boy couldn't help but let a stifled yelp of pain escape him as she lifted him to his feet, well, foot. Ikko was forced to lean heavily on her as she picked him up which, after a few moments, brought about a small chuckle.

"See? I knew you couldn't help but try to get close to me."

He didn't quite have the same grandiose bravado to him, but he carried enough of a comical tone to convey that wasn't his genuine read on the situation. His eyes danced over the flames for a few moments before bringing up another point.

"We can't just leave, even if we got away this kind of blaze isn't likely to die on its own and I'd rather not have to outrun whatever else that monster has planned for us in addition to having to keep running from fire. Move me over there please, it'll give me a better vantage point."

Assuming she did as he asked, Ikko would turn back to the growing flames, holding Suika's shoulder for support with one hand, he would bring his free hand up in front of him and one again began rattling off seals. As he finished the final one, a great deluge would begin forming to the side of him that Suika was not on before it shot off and coursed over the flaming trees, attempting to drown the flames and steadily wash over them. Ikko, despite being predisposed to wasting chakra, was however beginning to get visibly tired, his body sagging a bit against Suika and his breath catching slightly in his throat. It still wasn't right though, it was bothering Ikko quite a bit.

"Suika...trip wire, marginally normal animals, explosives? None of this seems like Kiri it's not...I don't know...stereotypically evil enough. He usually uses zombies, genjutsu...supernatural tricks. This feels...this feels so basic. Effective, but basic. This doesn't feel like it's Kiri. Ho...How did you and Eishi get separated? If he's trying to approach this like he's dealing with Kiri..."

He had tried to hide the suspicion in his voice after it began to rear it's ugly head, but Ikko was not an especially talented liar, but Eishi disappearing just as Ikko ran afoul of another trap seemed...well...very coincidental at best.

"Where...where to next?"

[WC:845 I'm pretty sure I'm over the requirement now >.>]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Everything did not go unnoticed. Kiri made sure that they were not on the verge of death. He knew their strengths, but what they lacked was constantly being challenged to see their strengths. What good is a class that only made you work a sweat? It wouldn’t do in real missions. Not when one finds there lives deception in the real world. Nothing is as plain as black or white. More so in the world of shinobis.

Kiri walks along the branches and finds his place just above where Ikko and Suika were settled on. There was the temptation to leave them be. But there was also things to consider, like limitations. They were certainly a different generation and they did not have to grow up the same way he did. That didn’t mean he had to force his own experience on them, but it didn’t mean that he would let them grow in cuddles either.

Watching in amazement once more, Kiri looks over as the flames would die down from the rain. The cool raindrops on his skin was soothing and he knew that Ikko was nearing his limit as well. At that, he dropped down and stood next to Ikko and Suika.

“My apologies,” said Kiri as he approached them. “I should have known better that you would always push yourself a little too reckless at times, Ikko.” He said, almost as if he knew of the latter’s earlier encounter in the coliseum, of which he has yet to own up to. Making a summoning seal, Kiri would deftly summon a small slug that would slowly creep up to Ikko’s side and begin slobbering some healing slime on the leg. “Don’t worry, he’s quite the excellent helper.”

Before he could take in any other comment from the two, or address any potential question, Kiri would glance back at the fallen cat and the felled trees as he spoke. “Indeed. This was not my doing for I’m merely supposed to observe. What is happening here is a test of something else. You see, you’re not entirely sure of what this class is in the first place, are you?” He then turns to look at them with a plain face. “Nothing is ever true in the battlefield and if you get sent out on missions as proper shinobi, you cannot be so certain of what is really happening. For example. Are you sure that all of you here are part of this class? Are you sure that you aim for the same goal? In fact, are you sure that none of you is a traitor, who is secretly aiding the progression of this class?” He paused to let those words sink into them. “Ikko’s right. My approach would have been different. This is too… bland. Too basic… Almost as if it were too lazily applied by a student. Thorough, at least, but still far too basic.” He gave a sharp look at both Suika and Ikko. “You both seem to have gotten it rough though.”

He raises a hand to his chin as he looks back again to the what little flames on the trees were about to be extinguished. “That reminds me… where is my protege? Eishi should know better than to get lost. He’s quite the efficient one.” Just then, he notices something behind the trees in the distance and he couldn’t help but snap a finger. “Ah. There he is. Just right on time. Shall I escort all three of you to the camp from here? I’m sure you’re all tired.”

[WC: 575 + 1,382 = 1,958]
TOMO
bQff30a.jpg

Tomo lays upon a wound and secretes a special slime capable of healing and reducing bleeding levels.

Effect: Restores 335 HP with a 10% chance to reduce Bleeding or Called Shot Rank by 1.
Cost: 1 Ap, 135 Cp

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Looks like I win," I said, coming out of the bushes with a plastered and fake smile on my face. My swirling balls of death whizzed around me before digging deep into the ground as I looked the other two over. Injuries were clearly on both of their bodies and yet I was perfectly fine. Seeing as that was my instructions for passing this class, I could only sigh internally before raising my hand into a gun motion, index finger out, and pointed it at Suika's arm in a drawn out and slow motion.

"Bam you're dead," I repeating the motion as I pointed my finger at Ikko leg and exclaiming in the same drawl,

"Bam, you are also dead". I then raised my fist into the air and exclaimed a light 'woo' in mock triumph before facing Kiri, my resting bitch face as deeply cut into my face as I could care to muster. I spoke as if this whole act had been painfully boring and beneath me, as I scowled at him.

"Both targets have been eliminated. Suika was 'poisoned' after she had been caught up in my trap under the guise of healing. I placed a mark on her collarbone as I was helping to bandage her. Before that, I was able to place some pheromones onto Ikko's clothing as he was helping Suika down from my trap, per my request for his aid. It definitely worked wonders into drawing the big cat into a mating frenzy on him a couple of minutes later, sealing his fate. I'm a bit disappointed I didn't even get to use any pitfalls or explosive notes as I lead them around, but it was the best I could do with only a few minutes of prep."

I took a seat on the ground, a tree resting at my back as I took out a canteen of water, letting my feet rest from the whole charade. Originally, I was planning on being here to help Ikko heal, but I had actually lost my way a bit as I reoriented myself to the forest. The slug was already dealing with Ikko's injury, so I didn't bother to move over and help my victim. They'd probably be mad at me well enough, anyway. What do they expect me to do if Kiri threatens me with more homework? I like my freedom more than causing a few bumps and bruises towards my friends and acquaintances at my mentor's request in the name of 'teaching'. Whatever, I'll buy them lunch or two I told myself as I took another swig of water. At this point, I was just waiting for the two to be ready to follow Kiri towards the campsite. I was in no rush to move, but Kiri might have other plans for us and I didn't want to be dehydrated.

I did not want to look at the two people I had just betrayed. This was likely to get awkward if they held grudges.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths

“Sure.” she shot at the charismatic Genin in response to his suggestions. It was best to keep moving, but at the same time, she didn't really care. Today was a mess, anyway, and her objectives were fuddled in the chaos. Perhaps she should have held more weight for today's simulation... she just didn't. She was perturbed the moment she laid eyes on her silver-haired instructor. As Ikko put out the flames, he shared an insight that actually made sense. She was given a hidden objective... so were the other two, most likely. Distractions, today, got the best of her. The gypsy was also getting too soft. Was this the weakness founded in opening trust to others? Before she could reply, the devil himself appeared. His aura still disturbed her senses, but it was seemingly less than their initial encounter. Regardless, Suika held her defenses. This was not only directed at her teacher, but at the fractured boy besides her. She didn't make this obvious, but she was prepared to counter if needed.

Kiri gave his spiel as he healed Ikko's leg with summoned slugs. Suika tilted her head as she saw the slug go to work. “I want one...” she mused. In mention of Eishi, the boy popped from the bushes and gestured obnoxiously at the other Genin. He revealed his top secret plan. Suika's expression remained unmoved.

“This was your doing?” she asked with a plain, unimpressed tone. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot. After a prolonged pause, the corners of her face erupted into a subtle smirk. “Nice, Eishi.” she exhorted, contrary to what he anticipated her response to be. She continued. “You definitely reminded me of something I've forgotten recently. Something important.”</B><i></i> She kept it vague, but there was no need to explain it to the group. Recently, and due to the illusory events with Shieo, Suika has forsaken some of her natural survivalist extincts in exchange for opening herself to others more. Today's events didn't stop her on that path, but it was definitely a smack of reality she needed to be hit with. It was okay to let others in, but there had to be a balance. She failed to achieve this balance today when she submitted to her feelings of accumulated trust for Eishi. She wouldn't make the same mistake.

“Though, I have to rebuttal.” she announced to the group with a calm boldness. “I get why you think you eliminated me, but you didn't. Was it symbolic, perhaps? Seems more like a cop out to me.”<i></i> She held out her hand and formed a fist. She wore a challenging grin as her spirit rose. “How about this? Beat me in a competition, and I'll concede to defeat. Otherwise, despite what is said, I'll never accept the results of this 'elimination'. That is, if you're gutsy enough.” She kept a slight peripheral on Ikko. She was still wary of him, too.

“Let's do an arm wrestle. If you win, I'll admit defeat. If I win, you have to abide by any one request I give. Don't worry, though, my request won't endanger you at all.”
she winked playfully. She was finally engaged with the game. “I'll even let you use your good arm, too. What do you say?”<i></i> Suika then shifted her focus to her sensei. <B>“Only if you approve of this, of course, Kiri-sensei. We can do this at the camp if we need to get a move on.” If either Eishi or Kiri refused, she'd just shrug it off and go along with the group. She'd keep a watchful eye on Ikko, though.

[Post 4/5 AND +1500 TWC]

(OOC NOTE: We can end with next post, just wanted to try something out last minute. If somehow it extends, we can finish it as a free RP. Don't want to hold Ikko/Kiri up. OR we can ignore Suika, too. Whatever yall want!)

Funai Ikko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A lot happened and it happened relatively quickly...just quickly enough to be annoying. Kiri appeared and once again confirmed that he could really only be described via a string of expletives. Ikko's hand reflexively tightened the tiniest bit on Suika's shoulder at his appearance as an expression of petulant defiance flickered across the boy's face, an expression that did not seem to suit him in the slightest and one that seemed to shift back to Ikko's typical youthful exuberance in the blink of an eye. Why Ikko seemed to hold such a strong distaste for Kiri was not readily apparent, but as his words washed over the pair of them, confirming Ikko's voiced suspicions that the traps were a little too haphazard and blunt to be Kiri's, but somehow whenever Kiri said it, it sounded so much more insulting. Objectively pointing out that Kiri was more likely to use something grandiose, complicated and impressive was considerably less painful than having Kiri exclaim that such boring traps could only be put together by a kid. As a kid, Ikko was offended on account of the whole age group. As Eishi appeared before them and all but directly admitted that he was the mastermind behind their recent misfortunes however, Ikko responded rather differently.

"Wow Eishi, you really got us then. Impressive! You really made up for getting knocked out first last time!"

Despite the actual words used, Ikko seemed blissfully ignorant that he was possibly in any way offensive. As he spoke, his eyes seeming to lose focus of the conversation to turn down to look at the creature that was now encroaching upon his wounded leg, it was clear that Ikko was not paying nearly enough attention to him to actually have any malice behind his words. Giving Suika's shoulder another soft squeeze to clue her in to his intentions, Ikko would detach himself from her and fall to the ground, the slug having no trouble staying affixed to his leg as Ikko dragged himself to a nearby tree, propping his back up against it as he watched the slug. The pain was quickly ebbing away from Ikko's leg, much to his delight. Despite his Kiri aimed chagrin, no one was especially fond of having a broken leg and Ikko was not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Ikko spared one glance up at the pair of them as he heard Suika speak, clearly unaware of the shifty glances toward him from the girl who clearly suspected him of some form of treachery or Eishi's guilt at deciding that compromising their health was the lesser of two evils, but very clearly intrigued by the next challenge of arm on arm wrestling. Ikko let out a small noise of excitement before turning his eyes back down the slug with a grin, a grin that slowly turned in to a frown as he gazed down at the creature on his leg. Ikko extended his finger out to it and gently scratched the underside of where, if anatomy correlated straight across, the slug's "chin" would be.

"You probably wouldn't know a lot about arm wrestling, you kind of have arms but they're kinda small. You'd be better at torso wrestling, but that's not really a human thing to do. If you're feeling left out you could wrestle against my finger though, they're about the same size, You'd probably beat me though, I'm not that strong."

Blissfully ignorant of the other three around him and their high octane woodlands arm wrestling.

[WC: 589/Probably well over 1500 by this point. Post Count: 5/5]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Oya oya? Kiri raised a brow at Eishi’s entrance. The kid was definitely playing out. Even if he so wanted to call the bluff and play the traitor’s part, his spiel was just far too much. Crossing his arms and tilting his head, Kiri couldn’t help but think if he made things far too complicated now. Things were definitely going on a different path than intended. And to make it worse, Suika found the guts to even challenge Eishi. He’ll have to give them some score in the end, he mentally noted.

Before anything else, however, the situation went into a rather interesting turn. Seiko found her voice and guts to call on Eishi for a challenge. It brought a kind of unwanted worry in Kiri, making him look between all three, and sneakily looked at Tomo the slug as well. The slug would nod back at him as if to say things were doing okay with Ikko. At that, Kiri sighed and said, “Okay. We can do your little game here. Tomo says he wants to finish healing up Ikko. On that note, I’ll have to make sure this challenge doesn’t end up becoming unruly.” Saying so, Kiri made a quick handseal before the ground in front of him would rise and form a table made of dirt.

From there, Kiri would take a step back and allow both Eishi and Suika to have to their little match. As they were starting, Kiri noticed something in the air. He had retained his sensitivity to chakra from his early days when he was still under the influence of his cursed beast. And so, he would easily recognise that Suika was working something underneath the illusion. Just as they would begin their arm wrestling match, Eishi would feel a sudden hold over his arm, seemingly trapping his strength, if not seemingly sapping his strength away from him. As such, the struggle would be real, and whatever bravado he may have had earlier, would have to feel a strange restraint. Kiri’s eyes sharpened as he would observe how his student would handle the situation presented to him.

However, it would appear as though grit, and perhaps experience, would be on the boy’s side as he struggles and forces his broken arm to withstand and overpower Suika. And before any bad blood were to grow between them, Kiri quickly intervened, stepping forward as the makeshift dirt-table collapses and grabs hold of Eishi’s hand, sending his own chakra to dispel the genjutsu afflicting the nerves there.

“Well, looks like that’s settled. Let’s head over to the camp them,” he said and the raised a hand to disperse more of his chakra to engulf the place in sudden darkness before it lifted to show that they were in fact in the said camp. Ikko was luckily leaning by a real tree. “Now then, just for a short recap and because I owe you all an explanation…” Kiri coughed to clear his throat as he reached for his coat to pull out a clip folder and flip along the pages. “First of all, congratulations, you all three seemed to have survived what would be a shinobi mission simulation class. That is to say, whatever difficulties or suspicions you may have gotten from this class should be well-remembered. In a real mission, even if you have been given precise directives, don’t believe that things will follow the way it should. I’m not saying that you should suspect your ally, but unless you fully know who your teammates are, that is to say having the same objectives, you can’t really count on them. As for your hidden goals. Eishi, you failed. Rule one… never reveal anything even if you are lying or bluffing, that was the order. Rule two… as a survivalist, while you are, indeed, aware of self-preservation, you must also help others survive. The concept of surviving is not a singular person’s task. But anyway, Eishi lied because the one who set the traps was actually Ikko, who was very basic about it. I won’t get into further details on it as it could really have worked. But in this case, I added one of the panthers I caught from the ancient forest and two of the best ninken (ninja dogs) in the facility to aid and support you, because in real missions, you cannot be certain that all you have prepared will go smoothly. Always expect the unexpected. I gave you a passing for that one since you did begin to stir the suspicions, though you should be careful not to be too vocal about it or else it might backfire, with those around seemingly realising you know more about the traps than you let on. Finally, Suika, I gave you half passing and half failed, because while you managed to get one equipment from Ikko, you failed to get any from Eishi. You did try to overpower him and I don’t know if your intention of the match was to persuade him to relinquish his weapon to the victor, but you mustn’t be over confident with your abilities. While believing in yourself is important, barking more than you can chew isn’t exactly what you want. Though that genjutsu was quick and nice, it wasn’t as debilitating as it should be– needs more practice. Oh and… please be more aware. Getting caught at the beginning, whether you want to feign it or not, was definitely not a good start. Overall, the class is a success because each of you got to experience something that would not have been listed in theory books. You cannot predict an outcome of a mission no matter how well-researched you can be. You must be ready for consequences and alternatives. I must apologise, it did somehow… depart from what the original mission should have been, but that was point. One moment, you can be on a simple tracking and assassination, and the next, you’re in a defensive mission. Complete reversals.”

By then, Tomo would have finished healing Ikko and even had a moment to play wrestling with his finger, thus the little slug would run back to Kiri who picked him up and placed him on his shoulder. “In any case, please rest assured that you’ve all passed. Now, in return, I’d like to share with you all something you deserve. It’s not much but I suppose I owe you all a great deal after what has happened.” As Kiri approached the tent of the camp, he would bring out three large cloth wraps and settled them by the small picnic mat so conveniently placed on the ground. Opening each would reveal a traditional set of bento for each student, “Please have some. Visually, it may looks small and partitioned, but each food was particular chosen for their restorative nutrients, for chakra, for muscle tissues, for the spirit, and for the mind. Also, with winter approaching, they help ward off the seasonal flu. Please, help yourself and if you have further questions, I’ll be here to answer.”
lvk5s8O.jpg

[WC: 1,181 + 1,958 = 3,139]
Rolls:
Suika’s attempt to use Cripple on Eishi:
Suika vs Eishi: 19 + 13 - 2 (roll, jutsu) = 34 vs 11 + 18 = 29 (Hit!)
- This used Suika’s total GEN DC vs Eishi’s total GEN Save. Chosen rolls were the highest of the 2 rolls for both Suika and Eishi. Result is that the for the final total during the roll for the arm wrestling, Eishi’s 2 rolls will have half of its value, while Suika will forfeit the roll she used for this genjutsu.

Final roll for the Arm Wrestling:
Eishi: 19 + 12 + 10 + 0.5 + 9 = 50.5 (Winner)
Suika: 7 + 2 + 4 + 11 = 24
[Tutor Ends. Eishi, Suika and Ikko needs 1 more post]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed my ruse was working. Lying and causing chaos was always a fun little endeavor, especially when even I had no real clue who did either of the traps. I figured it was Kiri, but claiming responsibility seemed like an interesting power play over the other genins. Keep them guessing at my intent. As it was, I believe I was the only one who didn't get any instruction other than to be careful.

It seemed Suika believed it well enough, as she challenged me to an arm wrestling contest over my little lie. I did a double take as I questioned her sanity for a brief moment. She knew very well that I was a taijutsu user and the strength in my remaining arm had grown explosively as my only means of upper body support. Hell, I had an arm most people try to sculpt for themselves through hours of hard work and I was only ten. That raised some alarm bells in my head. She was up to something and if I had to gamble, it was likely having to do with her 'secret mission'. I had no clue what that mission was, but I decided to take her up regardless. What did I care? As far as I knew, Kiri was here, so the class was over and done with, anyway. It felt like this whole event ended in a bag of mixed results. I wasn't quite sure if any of us passed or failed, but hey, at least I didn't get touched. That counted for something I figured.

"Suika, I would suggest not taking me up on an arm wrestling contest. There is absolutely zero percent chance that I lose in a bout of physical strength with my only remaining arm. I don't even say that to be snarky. Ever seen the arms of someone paralyzed from the waist down? The same thing, pretty much," I gave her an example. It was probably unnecessary as she knew full well what injury compensation could do to the human anatomy

"Whatever, it's your funeral." I concluded before she could retort as I got into place, laying my chest to the earth and placing the ground beneath my elbow. I would've rather been sitting up for this, but seeing as there was nothing around to prop up on, the grass would have to act as our table.

It was around that time that Ikko spoke some sharp and pointed words. I could only dryly chuckle before respond to him as I was laying on the ground waiting for Suika to get into position across from me,

"You were knocked out within twenty seconds of when I did if the report is accurate. I was also the one who had my chest cavity turned to mush, so you'll have to excuse me passing out from the pain. It's at least nice to know under that bubbly front there is at least something more substantial." I recalled a moment later that Ikko only knew how to count to twenty using his fingers. The time between when I went down and when he did might as well have been a lifetime to the goldfish named Ikko.

It was around that time that Suika would have got into position. My arm went up into position to grasp her, but as she touched my hand, I felt my body lock up as if an invisible high voltage shock had gone through my core. I gritted my teeth, knowing now what I was felt suspicious about. No longer holding back, my grip would suddenly tighten as my elbow dug deeply into the hardened ground. I let my full strength pull inward towards the space between us. Suika would soon find out what I meant when I said a test of physical strength was not in her best interest. Her hand would slam into the ground, as I had no real control over my arm while pushing through the uncomfortable sensation.

When it was done, I stood up, two of my death balls flying over from their place in the ground and began clacking together like a bell at the end of a boxing match as I flexed my arm and stood tall.

"Winner, winner, chicken dinner." I gloated sightly at my victory. I generally wasn't this upity when I challenged someone else, but if I got challenged and the opponent lost, I felt gloating was only fair. This also happeend to be a bet match, so Suika really didn't have anything to stand on if she called me a poor sport.

Kiri, however, was here to ruin my day as usual. He finally decided to give the final report on our progress. I could only sigh and lower my head at my failure, but I didn't take it to heart. I did what should be expected of me, so whatever. I did question if this idiot knows any tact in the art of misdirection. Whatever, he just wanted to rain on my mind games and be a pain like usual.

"It's no fun if everyone isn't confused by what happened. If you just go around telling the truth, you'll ruin the fun." I admonished as I collected the remainder of my death balls.

At this point, I would just follow along like a whipped dog to whatever camp Kiri had actually set up. Maybe I could make myself some smores or something over a real fire.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back