Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Show me what you got [Tutor]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit in the Dojo, the Uchiha clan house had seen many people coming down to this place, the room had been cleared out. It was clear that he had prepared for the person to arrive, just the other week he had Kou here. He had managed to teach her about what she really needed in life, also sending her in the direction of Mikasa the medical Sennin and someone that would be able to prove the instructions and the experience that would be needed to grow someone into a true medical expert. Now though he had a different person coming threw his doors, he had a new person and he was willing to give them a shot.

He allowed himself to make sure that the Dojo was free from anything that was an obstacle. He would give the Uchiha clan the true showing of power that he expected from anyone inside of the Clan. He allowed himself a few seconds to check around making sure that everything was correct and that everything was tidy and to be expecting of a Uchiha. He knew full well that this new person as up and coming but he would be the judge of how far he had come and how much experience he had gotten.

Takeshi sighed to himself as he looked outward, taking a seat at the end of the Uchiha Dojo he took a breath in before closing his eyes in those few seconds. He knew full well that he was prepared for the man to arrive finally. Though he wondered how long it would take for Sato to arrive, he knew full well that he expected someone keen and willing to turn up though if that was the case or not would be a different matter. It would be time to find out.

[TWC: 307/1,500]

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was a situation Sato was and would never be properly prepared for. Training with the Hokage. He wasn't foolish enough to think that he was one of the special few who'd get the honor. The Hokage was just a man of the people, the kind to get to know his fellow shinobi. Still, to get the chance to as just an academy student. Especially after that fiasco in the arena with Asuka and Riku. It was only as he was halfway through traversing the Uchiha clan's home did he freeze up and put two and two together. Oh. Wasn't Lord Hokage... present for that? He hadn't been invited despite how poorly it'd turned out, it was because of how it went. He'd probably been seen as someone so incompetent that the only compensation might be receiving training from the strongest ninja in the village. The bouncy enjoy he'd carried with him as he'd hurried over to be on time died down into melancholy barely hidden behind stoicism. He didn't imagine this was going to be any fun for him but he couldn't very well turn down the help in his situation.

Despite all his nerves it wasn't until the reached the dojo doors that he stopped dead in his tracks and hesitated. He could always -- no, he wasn't allowed to think about anything but what was in front of him! If he couldn't be even half as talented as Asuka then he'd have to be twice as determined! He made himself stand a bit taller, slapping his own cheeks to try and hype himself back up before he slide the door open. Only to go a bit deer in the headlights for a solid three seconds. Yep. That was the Hokage. The strongest ninja in the village and one of many people to see him getting blown up at the arena. He was going to curse Riku's name 'til the day he died, wasn't he?

The moment he got his sense back he hurried closer, stopping half way across the dojo before he stopped and suddenly dipped into a deep bow, his glasses threatening to slip off. "Thank you for allowing me to come, Lord Hokage!"

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to inspect the boy, he allowed a small smirk to echo across his lips as he watched the man approaching, it seemed that he was on time. That was at least something he could give the boy credit for, and he had to wonder how much the kid was looking forward to today. However, that could be changed in the blink of an eye, he had already seen enough people come through that had managed to let him down. Would this just be another figure to add to that pile, or would this boy prove himself more capable than some of the others. The questions would be asked and then a decision would be made about it, it was that simple and he knew as much.

“Sato isn’t it? Well let’s not start with thanking me straight away, I know very little about you and what you stand for, I feel that needs to be changed. So, explain to me your history, what drives you. What motivates you to continue to prove yourself, what forces you forward and that is what I want to find out first before I even consider teaching you anything. I want you to explain to me why I should consider you worthy of being a Leaf Shinobi. So, Sato, what is it that keeps that will of fire burning, what do you want to do with your life?”

Takeshi allowed himself to go back to being silent as he finished talking, it was clear that he had manged to already ask the questions, but he wanted to make sure that the boy understood what it was that he wanted in life before he just accepted the offer that was being given to him by the Hokage. He wanted to know what made the man tick and that was the truth that he was seeking.

[TWC: 619/1,500]

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At least he was honest... He might just come to regret this yet. Still he still seemed like a kind man, really coming off as the man of the people that he'd heard about. Of course that was perhaps simply part of his duty. He was Hokage after all. If he was suppose to be a shinobi underneath him then he'd should know whether or not he was even worth the effort. Not something he wanted to think about but that seemed to be his intentions. Of course he was asking even more than that. He wanted to know his hopes and dreams, his drive. That was something quite personal -- not private just not something he'd ever been asked before. He took a deep breathe, trying to calm down before looking the Hokage right in the eye and forcing himself to keep his composure as he spoke.

"I was born in a tiny village far to the north, near the border. My mother was a tailor and my father was a traveler. When I was a little younger a group of bandits took over our home. Nobody could do anything. My... father died." He felt a lump rising in his throat both from the memory of it and from his own hesitation as he shook his head and continued.

"Shinobi from this village only came when one of us escaped and came here. Shortly after that my mother brought me here. She--" This time his voice audibly caught in his throat as a torrent of emotions he'd been keeping in check lately threatened to well up. No, no, he couldn't cry. Not in front of the Hokage. After a deep, shuddering breathe he managed to keep his voice even. "She recently passed too."

He paused for a moment, letting his own words sink in as he tried to figure out how to follow it up. His motivations were far more complex and less obvious than just what had happened to him. He knew -- or at least thought -- they sounded childish to anyone but it didn't make how he felt less true. He clenched his hands into tight fists and raised his head as he told Takeshi, "I want to become strong! Not for my sake but for the sake of everyone else in this village -- in this nation! I want to protect as many people as I can no matter the cost! I know I won't be able to help everyone and that I may just end up throwing my life away but it doesn't matter! If I can stop even one more heart from hurting like mine has then I'll have considered this a life worth living! And if I do get strong and I can offer more than that... if I one day, somehow, become worthy to... then I want to become Hokage! Not for glory or a face on a mountain, only to help the people!"

He only realized how passionate he was getting after he was done and suddenly that confidence wavered as he suddenly bowed down deeply again, his glasses threatening to fall off his face. "F-Forgive me if that came off as presumptuous, Lord Hokage."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to listen to Sato speak, it seemed that he was getting a life story, though at least this student seemed more open than the last one, so for that he could at least show a bit of respect, he sat dormant and unmoving he allowed himself to just listen to the conversation that was taking place. He pondered on the best way to reply to this situation though he was quiet for a bit longer, it was clear that he wanted to come to the best decision and assessment of the man before he spoke again just listening to the story of his life seemed to be the better option.

“Well you are one that has a long dream, when I started the academy I wanted to prove myself to everyone around me. Wanted to show everyone that I could do what was required of myself without question, I moved on and into the ANBU Branch. I showed people to the end of their existence and with this I made sure that they understood that Leaf was protected. When the time came I finally had the opportunity to become Sennin. I took that opportunity, I learned form the Hokage and spent time making sure that I understood everything I needed to.”

Takeshi allowed himself to pause as he knew full well that he was giving Sato some insight maybe it was a bit too much but he wanted to allow himself to explain everything he wanted the man to understand what was being requested of him. What was being asked and expected this is what he wanted Sato to understand.

“Finally after all that pain, sacrifice I finally became Hokage, weird how our lives change, but tell me what happens you are asked to kill someone Sato, asked to give up something, asked to sacrifice everything for nothing?”

[TWC: 930/1,500]

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The silence that followed afterwards was deafening. Had he made a mistake? Said the wrong thing? Takeshi did not seem upset, on the contrary he seemed to be seriously thinking about it but it didn't stop Sato from worrying a bit. Perhaps it was foolish to approach the hokage spouting such idealism after all. Sato shifted nervously the longer the silence went on, half wondering if he should say something to break the silence when finally Takeshi spoke, so suddenly that his heart seemed to skip a beat. He stood at attention, taking in every word as the hokage reminisced on his own past. There was another pause. Then he dropped the question that must have been his objective all along. It was the exact kind of question he should have expected saying all he did about wanting to make things better. He had certainly spoken boldly but he had yet to prove whether he had any of the nerve for it. That was something he wondered about himself. Despite this he didn't hesitate once it was asked.

"I'd... prefer not to kill. If given the luxury I'd choose to save a life over ending one. But..." His hands clenched tightly into fists again as he thought about what he'd told him about his past. What'd been lost. "I also know that people who don't deserve an ounce of that compassion. I won't shed a single tear for them. But for those that are less clear, I... I..." His throat felt dry and tight all of a sudden. It was hard to speak. He'd always assured himself he'd never have to taken an innocent life as a shinobi. But what did that really mean? If a war ever began he might have to fight enemy shinobi -- people just like him who happen to be on the other side. Could he do that? Take a life once right and wrong was no longer black and white...?

He had to dig his nails into his palms to refocus himself. He took a deep breathe and tried to think straight, to speak just what came to mind. It would do no good to lie. "I already have a wounded heart. Nothing can ever change that. I'm scared of regret but that's only because I know what it feels like. And if that's the case then I'm willing to take a thousand more wounds if it means other people don't have to carry those scars in my place. I'll kill and sacrifice, Lord Hokage, with faith that you and the people who believe in you won't lead me astray."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi sighed slightly as he brought himself a bit of time, stretching himself out as he allowed himself to have a look around for those few seconds. He knew full well that the boy was almost oozing with his want and determination to succeed. He allowed himself to lean back in a more relaxed pose. He allowed himself to listen to the conversation taking place and found himself enjoying it, it was good to hear the student’s ambitions what they wanted to make of themselves in the future. He knew full well that the options out there could be infinite for any student but so many came to him with different ambitions he found it riveting to hear what they though about the village and the goals.

“Let me ask you about your first statement Sato. You said you will never kill the innocent, as Hokage you will have to. Not by choice but by your actions, every day I send people out they could never come back Sato. You have killed them by sending them, that blood will never wash away no how you scrub at it have you ever considered that?”

Takeshi voice was cold and gentle as he allowed himself to speak the truth that most of them would have behind closed doors. It seemed that he was going to be brutally honest as he allowed the last bit of what Sato had to say go into his ears, he thought on the words carefully. Sato never considered thoughts that would get killed for his own actions this would be an interesting thing to have an answer on.

“We can only guide you, those wounds can be healed in time and with the right training you can achieve anything that you set out to do. The real task is when you are knocked down, when you are dragged down. Are you able to get yourself back up from the gutter?”

[TWC: 1,253/1,500]

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sato had to admit, Takeshi-sama didn't pull his punches. He was questioning his convictions at every turn, not out of any sense of maliciousness though. It felt as if the hokage had faced these questions himself in the past. No, there was no doubt he still did. Sato lowered his gaze as he was hit with these questions, some of his fervor dying down a bit. That was... difficult. He was fine with taking up a burden himself. He wanted to protect and save people... he'd never thought of what it meant to be a leader in a role where conflict is the norm. He found himself squeezing his arm just to try to stop his shaking as he gave his grim answer.

"I... I couldn't do it now. Maybe I could never do it. B-But it's no different from any other burden. If you didn't carry that weight... that blood... someone would. Someone has to. Thank you, Lord Hokage... thank you for being someone who can do that for us." His eyes were watering but he refused to cry. Not again. He did it too often, let his emotions get too wild. It wasn't just unprofessional, it was a bit dangerous. It felt like the longer timed passed and the stronger he got the more his Santaru blood flared to his feelings. Even now he could feel a heavy static building under his feet. "All the same... I want to see if one day I can. I might fail or succeed but I won't know until I try. When the time is right..."

The hesitation and worrying feeling of doubt were suddenly shoved aside with his next question. He raised his gaze, his eyes focused and determined as he almost snapped out, "Always! I have and will! If I can't be strong or bright then I can at least do that! I believe in this village and that's enough to keep moving foward!"

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit there as he watched every move the boy made, every decision as he allowed himself to make. He thought about the answers and it seemed that he was considering the full options before he just went and spoke. This was a good thing, thinking over the choice one makes before saying it was something that not many people did these days and it seemed that the boy had found that he was having to ask questions that would normally be meant for someone past his years, but they where at this stage when the questions needed to be asked and so they had to be asked. This door had been opened and there was no closing it for either of them.

“I do what I want to because I know that it is the right thing to do. Choices are never easy, they are not easy to do, and they are not the correct things to do. This is the way of life, and this is how the village is. I have learned that sometimes we must face the darkness and stand as the beacon of light. Its not about doing it because you want to see if you can. Its about doing it because it is the right thing to do Sato. I want you to consider my words think on for next time we meet we will have another conversation. Today I must get back to work for now but know that I have a good feeling about you in the future. Strive for perfection and nothing left in the future.”

Takeshi stood up from his seat in those few seconds it seemed that he was clear that he had finished this conversation and it was apparent that they would meet again. With that the Hokage left his dojo, allowing Sato a moment to reflect on the conversation.

[TWC:1,568/1,500]
[Topic Left]
[Requested rewards for both of us, 1 last post to do Sato]

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a bitter pill to swallow. Perhaps it was something he should have learned by now but to hear that there was no easy answers... for someone who tried to think in black and white it wasn't sitting well. At the same time there was a relief of sorts. If there was no clearly right answers then it was hard to dub anything as wrong either. Mistakes were expected in such a world. Not even the Hokage himself was able to do everything perfectly. Just the best that he could do.

That wasn't what stuck with Sato the most though. It'd been what he said in the middle, about being a beacon. Obviously it matched with a thought he'd had only a moment before. Takeshi didn't just come off as a great, wise, powerful protector because he was just that great a shinobi, it was an effort he made. It actually made it a bit easier to talk to him. At the same time there was just the smallest bit of disappointment. Maybe there wasn't really people like in the old stories, protectors and heroes who could always protect the people no matter what it cost themselves. It was just an ideal.

Even so Sato had already put his mind to it. Even if he never had what it took to be Hokage he wanted to be a symbol just like Takeshi was, a beacon of hope people could rally behind. That's what the Will of Fire was after all. If even one person can create a spark of hope, just the tiniest little light, and spread it to the people then it'd build up into something far greater than the sum of it's parts. A people connected by their hopes and dreams. What if it could be something larger than just the village? What if that philosophy could link the whole nation? Link all the nations? Sato's mind was so abuzz with thoughts that he hadn't realized that Hokage had gotten up until he was halfway to the dojo door.

Shocked by this realization Sato got up. He didn't even care that there'd been no actual training through all of this, he was just grateful for having such a personal lesson bestowed upon him. He stumbled to get to his feet, quickly bowing as the man left as he called out, "Thank you, Lord Hokage!" After that he settled back down, going back into his train of thought as he pondered what he could do to make even a bit of this new idea come to fruition.

( Topic Left )

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back