Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Since I was too lazy to find an appropriate place [Open]

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was one of these rare occasions, like a summer shower on a hot and dry day, or having left out one's clothes to dry on that exact same day, while walking the dog, which will develop an atrocious odor when wet, wearing a white shirt and having forgotten to wear a bra underneath, and ultimately walking into the man of your dreams, who happens to have an aversion to girls who easily reveal themselves - and the abhorrent odor of your dog.

It was on such a day that Senka walked the streets of the village alone, not in the company of her only family, Kurogane, dressed in her usual pink hat, beige-colored shirt and blue jeans overalls. Her customized surgical mask, which displayed a functioning mouth and nose, covered the scars that would scare anybody when seen approaching, displaying her usually eerie smile. Unfortunately, the smile was involuntary, at times, and at others simply showed her air-headed nature, which would make it involuntary as well.

She was bored and literally waiting for somebody to talk her up, as seemed to be custom in this village, only for them to freak out once they see what lay underneath her mask. It had become her new hobby, as she loved to surprise people; for one reason or another, she felt like her stomach was filled in doing so, feeding on the fear of humans.

"That's a no-no. I'm still human, you know?"

Surely, sometimes people would find it strange that Senka seemed to talk to nobody in particular, but she had a reason for everything.

"Yes, the reason is that you're making me do it."

It was possible that her past trauma and the lack of oxygen to her brain was the cause, but only she herself knew the exact reason for such a strange behavioral pattern. Of course, the literary style of "breaking the 4th wall" exists and is quite often applied by writers temporarily - or permanently - lacking inspiration, but surely, a sheltered girl like Senka would not know about it.

"I know about it... I just have been wondering, why it's called the 4th wall. When I look around and consider this a comic frame, then all walls are intact. It should be the 5th wall that gets broken."

Senka poked her hand towards nothingness, where possibly only a moment earlier the border between good and bad style had stopped momentarily. Remaining in that pose for a moment, she finally realized just how stupid it had been to wander the village aimlessly, as her body was not fit to sustain longer treks. She looked around to find a bench, conveniently placed in a residential district with no park nearby, and slumped down on it. Within seconds of not moving, she began to look like a broken doll somebody had left there, a broken doll clearly in bad taste in regards to design and clothing.

"Oi, you're going too far now."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sight of what appeared to be a small girl talking to herself usually wasn't enough to alarm Itsuki, but when she wore a surgical mask out in public and was covered in several series of sutures, the young ANBU trainee had to investigate. There were some odd things that she had seen in the world of shinobi, but nothing was quite as strange as this. So, in a discrete manner, Itsuki channeled her Byakugan to inspect just what was this girl was. Where she had assumed it was a puppet, or something comparable, Itsuki was surprised to find a beating heart and chakra circulatory system. In fact, the chakra system had nearly completely taken over the functions of most of her body. "Is this the next step in our evolution?" she wondered. No, it couldn't be. On the surface, it looked like the side effects so horrible she needed surgery. But now she was over thinking things; if she wanted answers she should talk to the young girl.

Deactivating her doujutsu, Itsuki stepped away from the small mass of people moving through the street to walk her way over to Senka. The girl was now sitting on a bench motionless, taking on a very real dead-like appearance. Itsuki hesitated for a bit, questioning her own analysis of whether it was a puppet or not. "Puppets aren't that realistic on the inside." she thought, resuming her movement toward the bench. When she arrived, she took a closer look at the girl and then sat down, now looking out to the crowd.

It was one of her few days off, and now she was talking to a pretty close copy of a human sized doll. "How strange life can be..." she mumbled and then turned her head towards Senka. "Hello. My name is Kyokuju Itsuki. Do you mind if we talk?" she asked.

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Expectedly unexpectedly, somebody, a young girl around Senka's true age, actually found the courage to approach the latter in her broken-doll state - which she called resting - talking her up in a friendly manner. At least in her eyes the girl appeared to be friendly, as the former oftentimes deluded herself of the intentions of people. Snapping her head up towards the newcomer, certainly not in a creepy way, Senka smiled.

"Hi, I don't mind. But you will have to come up with the topic. This one..."

She pointed towards the sky by lifting her arm as if attached to a string, which was then dropped again as if the string had been cut.

"... didn't think of anything in particular when he started this."

However, as if noticing something, as she looked into the girl's eyes, Senka thought of a way to initiate a conversation.

"Wow, you're really doing this..."

She whispered, most likely going unheard by the newcomer.

"Your eyes, they remind me of Oji-san. If he ever shows his eyes, that is."

With this, Senka attempted to stretch her limbs, pouring energy into them so that she would not keep up the appearance of a broken doll. Sliding to the side, she opened space for the girl with the intriguing eyes to sit down beside her, so that the conversation could be done in a more civilized manner. Despite awful appearances, Senka was a well-educated girl and would always treat people in a friendly manner, as long as she felt like it. Today, she did feel like it.

[Marked for Training ; 262 Words]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Startled, the curious stranger defensively raised a hand before realizing what had happened. A smirk passing swiftly over her expression as Senka began to speak about the sky. Itsuki looked to the sky when Senka pointed up at it and squinted trying to find whoever she was talking about, only to be left disappointed and rather aware of what she might have stumbled into. An inkling that this small girl wasn't quite sane crept it's way into the Kyokuju's mind. But when Senka looked back into her eyes and noticed a shift in the dynamic, some hope spawned for this small meeting, one that might end in knowledge or friendship.

She mentioned an Oji-san, and Itsuki took note of that especially because she mentioned the Hyuuga bloodline's trademark, their eyes. As the young woman took her seat next to the doll like person. "Why don't you tell me about this Oji-san, who is he? And why doesn't he show his eyes?" she asked, looking out towards all the people moving about.

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Whenever she was asked about Kurogane, everything else was forgotten and Senka remembered properly that she was just a character in a story. Her eyes gained an additional sparkle, when she looked up as if reminiscing about good old times.

"Oji-san found me one night, when I lay at the bottom of a ravine with all my bones broken and my whole body cut up."

Senka turned around to the newcomer, named Itsuki, to lower her surgical mask for a possibly undesired look on her stitched up Glasgow smile. She grinned, stretching the stitches slightly, showing all her teeth at once, before returning the mask to its original position, hiding the atrocious scars. Of course, all her other scars were clearly visible on her throat, shoulders and hands, but she knew that those in her face had the greatest impact.

"Actually, Oji-san is not that old, but he sure looks the part. He nurtured me back to... he tended to my wounds, which is how I... survived. "

She corrected herself as she could not call her current state "healthy" and what would normally be defined as alive did not apply to her entirely. While her body was working as any other human's, she did not grow, needed only little food and water as she barely moved with her own muscles, instead accomplishing to keep up the bare minimum of a semblance with human life through the masterful usage of Chakra.

"He appears to be blind at times, while at others he has eyes just like yours and it looks as if he can see right into my body. Can you do that, too?"

Then, suddenly, Senka remembered something very basic that she had carelessly forgotten. She got up from the bench, took a few awkward steps away from it and turned around to Itsuki, before bowing in an almost mechanical motion while taking off her pink hat, showing that the hair at the top of her head was actually completely black - in stark contrast to the color gradient that extended into blonde towards the tips of her hair.

"I forget my manners. I'm Ootsuki Senka. You can just call me Senka."

She put her hat back on, again in a very puppet-like motion that belied her clothes, and stepped back to her seat, slumping down on it with a sigh. She really had to rest for a while and stop walking.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And so the short story began. Itsuki could see the twinkle in her eye, perhaps it was a good memory. But even from the very beginning of the story, it didn't sound like anything particular bright to speak about. The young Kyokuju hoped she didn't go into detail about her injuries.

Thankfully, she did not. Instead, she decided to showcase them to Itsuki, which was rather strange and grotesque in the least of ways. She didn't want to be rude however, so Itsuki did her best to restrain her expression to that of listening and understanding rather than utter repulsion.

Once the masked was put back in place, Senka continued. She informed the woman with white eyes about how this man named Oji saved her and nursed her back to health. It appeared that his eyes were similar to the Byakugan. The way she was describing it seemed to be similar to it. But there were also those who were blind with white eyes, but how would they be able to see within? Perhaps a jutsu of some kind.

Then she suddenly got up bowed before Itsuki had a chance to answer, introducing herself. Which despite her appearance was rather cute because of how small she was. Itsuki smiled softly and nodded her head. "A pleasure to meet you, Senka." she replied and then proceeded to answer her question. "Yes, most of the Kyokuju carry the Byakugan which gives us the ability to see into people."

Unfortunately, Itsuki was now very curious as to the description of Oji-san's eyes. How could he be both blind and have sight such as the Byakugan. She had decided to ask something rather forward, so she needed to preface it."Please don't feel obligated. But is there a chance I could meet with Oji-san? Do you think it would be all right? You've caught my curiosity." she admitted, with a small embarrassed blush.

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Being looked into by Kurogane was one thing, being looked into by "most of the Kyokuju" was another, and a thought Senka did not condone. Then again, she never expected anybody in the world to be unique and had already thought of the possibility of somebody just like Kurogane or her existing elsewhere, looking much like them and having the same set of abilities. She had no way of knowing that this was true, to a certain extent, or maybe she did and simply lived with that fact.

"Well, I would like to meet him in here, too... He's still waiting to be approved, although that's mostly due to his own laziness..."

She whispered to herself, before shaking her head as if to physically remove the thought.

"I don't know when that would be. Also, I'm not sure you can call him Oji-san, he doesn't like it since it makes him sound old. I call him that since he's not quite like a father to me, more like an uncle. His name is Kurogane, yes, like steel. I guess names can really make people."

Slowly, sensation returned into her limbs enough for her to walk again, or rather, stop looking like a puppet with its strings cut. She finally began to move and gesture like a normal person, as her facial expressions began to show a wide range of emotions. The initial impression of a doll would be instantly blown away - until she had to rest again, making people wonder whether she was truly human or not.

"Let's take a walk. There is nothing special here for us to stay. While I don't like walking - it's so taxing - it's a necessary evil to get from one place to another. Oh, how I wished one place or another could just come to me instead."

Lamenting her own laziness, or as she would put it, her physical condition, which impedes her mobility - while leaving out her flexibility - she rose from the bench and took a few steps down the road, before spinning around back to Itsuki.

"Are you coming?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Itsuki looked to the small girl with an apprehensive expression. Senka continued to say things that didn't seem quite sane, they didn't even sound religious. 'In here' and 'approved'? In where, and approved by whom. The Kyokuju was beginning to check her surroundings for exits in case she turned out to be a nut job and the white coats were coming for her.

Itsuki tilted her head as she continued with her words, and was about to object and say she never learned his name, but then his name was said so she simply smiled and felt silly. But it was an interesting dynamic she put forth. Didn't quite feel like a father, but an uncle. Itsuki had a few uncles all of which were basically the same in attitude with her. It was like she was also their child, but they never had to do any of the hard work in raising her. Kind of like a best friend's puppy. Itsuki couldn't help but wonder if it was similar in Senka's case.

She wished for a walk, and it was pleasing for Itsuki to see that some life was returning to her body. She watched as the newly animated Senka got up from her seat and looked back at her, wondering if she was coming. There was a moment where her conciousness said "No, don't go with this psycho doll." But Itsuki stood up with a smile and followed behind the child sized female. There was still a mystery to be solved!

"Of course, of course. Where are we going? Or are we just walking?" inquired Itsuki looking out before them in the direction they were facing. "I don't know this area that well, so I'm not sure I can be much help in picking a destination either."

After that was settled with Itsuki would ask another question. "I know it's rude to ask a lady her age, but you are pretty eloquent for a child. Just how old are you?"

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Senka could feel the anxiety in Itsuki due to the former's unpredictable behavior. The stitched up little girl's nature allowed for discerning people's spiritual balance and mental state, and she knew whenever there was disturbance. However, she never thought too much about it, since it rarely changed the way she herself would act towards those people; that was, if she did not hope to gain something from interacting with them. If she ever harbored an ulterior motive, anybody truly knowing her would notice, which was ultimately only Kurogane.

"I wondered about that, myself. Where does that one want to take us? I guess we will just take a walk."

She pointed towards the sky behind her with her thumb as she remarked snidely.

"And it doesn't matter for a lady to ask another. I'm seventeen years old, soon to be eighteen, depending on how much time is going to pass."

Once again she made a statement that would not be understood by anybody but herself.

"How old are you?"

Since Senka did not look any day older than ten, she was unable to properly guess the age of other people, unless they had any distinguishing features. It did not help that Kurogane looked older than he was, at least to her, and had been the only person she had interacted with on a regular basis since her incident.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Itsuki caught herself looking at this imaginary person that Senka had conjured up, and silently cursed herself for playing along in the girls fantasy. If this young girl was ever going to recover from the slight insanity she had, it would be through friends not acknowledging the world she lived in.

Or perhaps Senka was right, and everyone else was insane. Who knows?

But then she wasn't just some young girl anymore, in fact, she was two years older that Itsuki herself. No doubt her condition is what had been keeping her young looking her entire life. Itsuki marveled at how well her body seemed to be preserved. I guess if I girl wanted to stay young looking they needed to have a near death experience of some kind, at least she assumed that's what had happened to Senka. All the clues were there. Itsuki didn't pick up on the whole time has no meaning.

Then, she should have expected the follow up question. Itsuki questioned whether or not to give her real age in an attempt to avoid any embarrassing thoughts or moments. However, the long she contemplated the long that moment between speaking got and she couldn't take the silence of a walk much longer. "Honestly, I'm only fifteen. I thought you were much younger." she uttered, a faint red flushing her cheeks. "Hopefully you have some knowledge on how I can stay as young looking at you?" Itsuki said, trying her hand at a joke that was surely going to fall flat. It was probably too soon to be joking about her condition after just meeting.

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her newfound companion's cheeks were flushed when she admitted that Senka obviously appeared younger than she was. However, for Itsuki to ask if the stitched-up girl had any advice to achieve the same in her, was something that would have been better left unspoken. The not-so-puppet-like-anymore girl stopped dead in her tracks and a menacing aura appeared around her, as if she had taken offense in such a strange question.

"Well, you would need to die once."

She suddenly said while snapping her head up to look at Itsuki, a big grin on her surgical mask that belied the terrible expression underneath. Yet, her strange display of emotions were genuine, as she meant every single word she said.

"But you wouldn't survive it."

Senka returned to her previous self, making such a heavy statement with a deadpan expression as if she had just said something trivial.

"You lack the necessary nature for this kind of... procedure."

With this, she considered the topic over, as she picked up Itsuki's previous statement.

"I do get a lot that I don't look my age. But guess what, this one once had a four millennia old one who looked almost the same age as I do."

Once again, Senka threw a thumb over her shoulder pointing in the rough direction of everything behind her in a disparaging manner.

"What does that tell you about the world? Yes, you can't judge a book by its cover. Leave that to people with no taste."

For a seventeen year old girl, she would appear to be very cynical, talking about the profound and fundamental truth of the world, while denying the complexity thereof in the same breath. Then, her train of thoughts suddenly shifted tracks and headed in a completely different direction.

"Speaking of taste, I'm feeling hungry. Care to get something to eat?"

It was a development just as half-assed as the very setup she was in.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Itsuki just starred at her as she stopped and revealed that she truly had died. For a moment, the young Kyokuju wondered if she was conversing with a ghost, but quickly dismissed it as fantasy. Very few people in the world had that skill and she had never seen a ghost before this point. And though her emotions were genuine they were nothing short of creepy and mysterious. Her words were blunt, and Itsuki was inclined to believe them, but were they a metaphor of some kind? Possible, but unlikely. The world of chakra they lived in was a strange one.

But a somewhat confusing conversation and topic soon came to a halt with an abrupt change of words. She was hungry, but Itsuki was not so sure dinner with the half dead was on the agenda for a first meeting. At least not yet. Unlike the young and seemingly wise beyond her age individual that Senka was, Itsuki's upbringing was founded on honor and principle and this young girl was disrupting that. So the Kyokuju would take her leave before anymore confusing words would be said. "Unfortunately not. I've already eaten and should be returning home. I was kind of on an errand for my father." she admitted with a laugh and began to walk away with a wave. "See you around I guess!"

[Topic Left]

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The end came as abruptly as it had a lot of times before, when Senka had spoken her mind openly and implied things that were not easily accepted by society and culture. Not that that alone appeared to be the main reason, as the little stitched up girl was well aware; there were other forces at work.

"You're intriguing enough to warrant my interest, in the least. We will meet again."

Senka commented upon the sudden farewell.

"I guess he or she needed that slot."

Turning towards the sky, she looked up as if into the eyes of somebody.

"I just hope this won't occur too often, understood? Leaves a bad aftertaste and might have certain repercussions..."

Having said enough, the little girl turned away and walked in the opposite direction, knowing that Itsuki's and her path would soon cross again. This was not based on any hackneyed scenario involving fate or a hunch, but the definite knowledge, being well aware of the workings of this particular world she inhabited, and the forces that drove it.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back