Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[site update] UPGRADES INCOMING!

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
W4izqW5.png

Hey everyone, been sometime.
I bring you great news! Some of you may be aware that I've wanted to upgrade and with said upgrade fix a number of issues that's lingered with us for a great many years, there's been countless issues and problems attached with using phpBB which we kind of had to swallow and accept, work around, or build on top of an already flimsy base.

So, we're finally upgrading, we're finally going through with a project I've worked on for literally years.
We're upgrading to a software named "xenForo" Now, what is xenForo? xenForo, much like phpBB is a bulletin board software, just like what NC is running off on right now. It's not free though, to much of our dismay, but it is functionally and visually better for users and moderators. It's built on modern tools, and uses modern ideals and design principles, which is a much better alternative to much of what phpBB has to offer, even though it is open source and free to use. One of the greatest benefits is that, due to the software not being free, the dedicated staff and support teams are dedicated, trained, and effective and providing better tools for the forums themselves.

It is thanks to our Patreon and those wonderful and amazingly dedicated individuals that I was even able to make this purchase, and commit to this software upgrades. So please give a huge applause to the lot of them, each and every one of them has my utmost respect.

And when does this upgrade hit NC? First weekend of October, 5th-6th of October.
We'll most likely start the process on the 5th, and then hopefully everything will be up and running on the 6th.
I'm super excited to finally be bringing this up to everyone here, it will bring NC some much needed respite in these trying times!
So get hyped! (and continue reading on..)

I'll first go through the benefits we gain once this goes through, and then the unfortunate side effects.

The positives
  • A SHOP!
    • Yes, finally, a shop is returning! A better functional one with all sorts of benefits and great categorization, (we've even talked about removing our entire library-like section of the battle rules section because all descriptions and details can be written right into the shop itself easy peasy.)
  • More security and log in options!
    • This might mostly be exciting for the more techy folks, but with our add-ons we'll be able to sync Discord accounts, google, and more with your account, enabling much better account safety and enables some you to take some great precautions in the name of safety.
  • Different designs and functionalities
    • New things tend to be fun, same-ness can make things stale and boring, we've already picked up some great styles which we can easily customize and build themes specifically for many different purposes while maintaining readability. On top of this, buttons will be located in different places, so it will take some getting used to, for everyone, admins and moderators included.
  • Posting and using BBcodes will be tremendously easier!
    • you'll be able to get live updates to how your posts will look with certain BBcodes and such, (built in tables! Woohoo!) So building your profile will be vastly easier and way more accessible to everyone to make it look good!

Now onto the less fortunate notes.
  • Avatars that currently is using URLs as their way of displaying avatars (i.e not uploading the picture itself) is going to reset!
    • Meaning if you're currently using a URL, be sure to save it! Or make sure you're able to get access to it before we do the transfer! There is no way for it to be saved after the transfer.
  • BBcodes will again be slightly different. (but only the more unique ones, we put in ourselves)
    • This Includes tables (feel free to queue the stone throwing from the countless hours people have spent learning and re-learning it over and over again, trust me, I'm right there with you..), anchors, center, float, fimg, fontface, spoiler, highlight, divbox and divboxgradient, etc. so be prepared to fix your profiles again once the transfer is complete. (I do apologize for this a lot, but this is the last time this happens, in many years hopefully) And as a side note, I am hoping that a lot of these can be re-added, and will work exactly as theu currently do, but the current table codes are definitely non-functioning from the getgo.
  • The shop won't be up and running from day 1.
    • It'll come in a few days, maybe a week or two, and then we can start transferring the funds from your current library of jutsus to the ones listed in the shop itself. It'll be a long process but hopefully everything can be handled smoothly once we're up and running in that department.

If you have any questions, concerns or thoughts on this matter, do please hit me up on Discord or here on on-site with a PM, I will happily answer any inquiry. And if people are up for it, I could even do a live stream before the great move for those wanting to ask questions or maybe play some games.

Remember, first weekend of October: 5th-6th of October!

Your's truly.
Keiji, aka David.
Site Owner and Administrator.

aqOiog7.png

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
So, for those that don't know, I work freelance in my field. This being a Film and TV Production Technician, as well as photographer and small-time, front-end web developer.
And so therefor jobs and gigs sometimes pop up at random inopportune or generally unfortunate times (other times they arrive at perfect moments and time to plan and organise for).
And so last week I was offered a small weekend-long job at one of the largest E-sport events in my country, participating in a team where we handle the Live Stream of the main E-sport tournaments (I'll mostly do tech stuff, like designing and building the set and do editing for stuff like highlights and other fun things,).

The date of this event, happens to be set from the 3rd to 6th of October. (I.e, right at the same weekend we were supposed to transfer NC to the new forum software.)
This doesn't initially mean it'll be impossible to do the software transfer, it just means that if we were to continue with the server transfer this coming weekend, it'll be at my downtimes and/or maybe during a semi-all-nighter between work sessions. (which isn't the smartest, but it is an option, still..)

Basically what I'm saying is, I'd hate to delay this awesome upgrade to you all, but I may have to.
If the forum suddenly closes or locks during the weekend, the upgrade is incoming. If it doesn't come during the weekend, we'll most likely do it the weekend after.

I'm sorry to have to dump this sad and unfortunate news on you all, especially for those that were particularly excited to see these awesome changes! They are coming though! And I genuinely can't wait to share it all with you once it's all up and running!

Sincerest apologies,
Keiji, aka David.
Site Owner and Administrator.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back